Over Missive

Collaboratieve e-mail en threaded groepschat voor productieve teams. Eén app voor al je interne en externe communicatie.

Meer informatie over Missive

This software has a very nice design, works without any flaws, is very responsive/fast, and has a very affordable price. Cheaper than ANY comparable tool I found so far.

No quote/reply feature on chat. No ticks of message read on chat.

Beoordelingen van Missive

5,0
Waar voor je geld

Missive heeft een totaalscore van 4,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 42 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Missive eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (42)

Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.
Freelance Social Media Writer in VS
Commercieel vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Loving and Growing with Missive

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Missive has exponentially improved out workflow and operations. Our team is much more connected and communicative than ever.

We love the collaborative email features, chatting, assigning, and observer features in Missive. Missive allows managers to supervise employees and make sure that no lead or email is missed but also isn't so intrusive that employees feel creeped out by it. Though we're sharing emails, everyone has their own Missive account and tasks they can have ownership of. The chatting allows our team to communicate so much better than before when we all had different google hangouts.

Missive is still growing so sometimes we run into technical or feature limitations of things they haven't worked out yet. I also don't like how only the owner of the account can do certain things. As an administrator I hate to have to bother the owner of the company every time I need to add a new alias.

Overwogen alternatieven: Front

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: Having new and different employees logging in to different Gmail accounts was too confusing and inconvenient. Managers could not oversee. Things were easily missed.

Overgestapt van: Google Workspace

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Missive is true shared email, chat, and collaboration. Most other shared email platforms are also trying to shove their CRM features down your throats, which we definitely did not need.

Isaak D.
Isaak D.
CEO in Australië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Missive for the win!

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Love, love, love Missive. The lads are excellent with their onboarding and support. I have no idea how such a little team does so much at such a high level - it is truly inspirational.

We reviewed this alongside Front. It was attractive to me as it is a small team that is bootstrapped, and I like to support that. But most critically when doing the technical review of Missive v Front (and others) we found that they had the deepest integration with Gmail and an excellent API that allowed us to build a custom integration with our internal tooling. We were driven to find a common collaborative inbox tool for the team as Intercom wasn't working as well as we needed (we still use it for outbound messages), plus we get lots of messages from other channels and for other reasons beyond support - like sales. It also works well with PipeDrive - seeing that PD was using it themselves was reassuring, although it would be *excellent* if they shared some of the internal integration learnings with the PD integration off the shelf (it does the job, but only just)

There is still some confusion about how to best handle closing and archiving with team emails - so it is closed from an individuals box but not the shared box and similar when trying to hand over an email and removing the email from your inbox - we still have a fear we will archive it for everyone. This is the most confusing part of the platform. We tend not to use Tasks as we have Pipedrive, Trello, TidyHQ all generating tasks which makes it confusing - I do wish we could push all tasks centrally to one of the above tools.

Overwogen alternatieven: Front

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: Intercom's collaborative Inbox loses a lot of formatting and attachment when bouncing emails around. It isn't a genuine email handler and also didn't allow us to use it for emails and other incoming messaging gracefully.

Overgestapt van: Intercom

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Front was tested for some months but it isn't a tight enough integration with Gmail - after some weeks of using it and then heading back into my Gmail Inbox, it was a mess, although my Front Inbox was neat, it wasn't being reflected in Gmail perfectly - very frustrating. Plus it's much, much more expensive than Missive.

Madelyn S.
Lead Placement Coordinator in VS
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Missive Has Increased Productivity

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Missive has been phenomenal, and has changed the way our team collaborates. We are over the moon about the service that Missive provides for us, and are always excited to see the different updates and news letters that they provide. We recommend Missive to many friends in colleagues in all different industries.

The collaborative nature of Missive creates easy and smooth connections between teammates, and productive workflows that we use daily to quickly connect with our clients. There are plenty of ways to assign/delegate/organize correspondences, and we could not provide the level of quality customer service we are able to without Missive being a part of our day-to-day. Missive's customer service team is top notch, and they are quick to get back and/or resolve any issues that I run into on a day to day basis, as well as help answer my questions. It's also a very visually appealing software, with simple icons and logos that clearly communicate their purpose.

There are a ton of the features, a few of which seem to be somewhat similar or redundant, however, I think that is more than likely because I am not fully educated on all of the bells and whistles. So the cons that I find to be most prevalent are more so surrounding an overall lack of up front education on the software itself. I would appreciate the ability to hop on a call or get a quick run down on how things work. It's highly likely that I'm not aware of the fact that I could set something like this up, but to my memory I don't believe I've seen if it's possible to set up a Zoom or general talk through of Missive's program with a Missive team member to chat through the software, and see if they have suggestions on streamlining anything that we do on a day to day basis.

Laura B.
Design Coordinator in Canada
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

Missive Review

3 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A great resource when working with many different types of email platforms and communication platforms.

My favourite part of missive was that we were able to integrate other programs and platforms into our Missive. Giving us more abilities than if we were just using one program.

Because of the fact that we were integrate other platforms into our Missive use we would sometimes run into troubles if one platform upgraded and the functionality stopped between the two.

Patrick F.
App Wrangler in Nieuw-Zeeland
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Missive is one of if not the best App I have ever used - and I test and set up Apps every day!

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: A total pleasure. If only every SaaS product/company was as awesome as Missive!

The fact that Missive allows you to see and reply to comms received on pretty much any channel you can think of is a total game changer! And you can create message templates with custom variables that you can use in any of your messages on any channel! I was pretty blown away that for a really affordable price I could set up live chat on not one but two websites - and get it set up in 5 minutes!

The only thing I think Missive could add to take it to the next level would be easy to set up email sequences with variables that stop sending automatically when the recipient replies (a la Mixmax). Apparently you can kind of do this via rules but it won't stop sending automatically if the recipient replies I believe.

Overwogen alternatieven: Front

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: To bring all my communication channels into one place and save me a bunch of time and help me to avoid replying slowly to messages.

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Because it's "awesome-er" and also super affordable for it's feature set.

2 maanden geleden

Thanks!

Phil L.
Phil L.
Co-founder in Canada
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

One software to rule them all

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Thanks to Missive, we’ve been able to use only 2 softwares for all our communications. Internal communication (team members interacting with each others) is done through Basecamp, and external communication (team members interacting with customers, suppliers, media, bizdev, etc.) is done through Missive. This really helps to keep our focus at the right place in the correct software. Disclaimer: We still have to use other softwares to send our newsletter, for example, but that wasn’t the point in my review.

The team inbox feature is simply incredible. It allows our team to chat between responses to our customers or suppliers to make sure we say the correct things and that we have all the information needed before sending those emails. It’s much better than Zendesk for the workflow and the fact that Missive doesn’t break all the time (like it happened to us on Zendesk back then, before we switched). As a small business, Missive allows us to centralize all our “external communication” (Customer service, BizDev, Media/Press contacts) into one software, instead of scattering our team between a help desk, a CRM, and some other tools and software to make it all work. We have different e-commerce websites, so we can actually have all our projects and different emails on the same software for a single price.

Since this isn’t a help desk, there are no “ticket numbers”, where everything has a clear number attached to it (Customer request ticket #1001, #1002, etc.). But that’s understandable because Missive isn’t built only for being a help desk. What I also like the least about Missive is the lack of hierarchical structure implemented in the pre-built responses our team created. It’s already great (the search tool for searching through your quick responses is already great, but the lack of visual structure can be hard for beginner employees when you have 50+ quick responses for every possible situation when dealing with customer service. This is something that I miss from Zendesk, when we could separate our quick responses (aka macros) into different folders/categories

Overwogen alternatieven: Intercom

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: The cost, the fact zendesk was breaking constantly. We never knew if customers were getting our messages via Messenger because Zendesk kept breaking and unsyncing with our facebook page every 2-3 months. Missive is just $15/user/month for all its features. It’s amazing compared to others.

Overgestapt van: Zendesk

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Missive is much cheaper, Intercom is overkill.

Andrew R.
Andrew R.
Co-founder in Canada
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic product with a great team behind it

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So happy we use Missive. We've used them for several years, since they were an early-stage startup. It's been really great to see the product and company mature, and we'll definitely continue to use Missive for many years.

The product design is incredible. They pack a ton of incredibly useful features into a super clean, easy to use UI. They also have a ton of power features like keyboard shortcuts and rules that help me keep my inbox sane.

Absolutely nothing at all. We've run into a few minor bugs over the years, but we always report them and get a response + fix from the team within 24h. They have great support.

Overwogen alternatieven: Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Missive just tends to have a superior product at a more digestible price point.

Managing Director in Australië
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

Great email client for growing teams

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great software - constantly being updated with new features and the support team is fantastic.
Very easy to implement to our team, and now we couldn't operate without it!

Simple and easy to use interface In line email chat/notes removes the need for file notes elsewhere Great team collaboration features such as email assignment

Searching and email sorting are still works in progress. We usually jump into gmail if we have specific searches we need to run.

Overwogen alternatieven: Gmail, Thunderbird en Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Features were more inline with our needs. Team and support was great.

Will M.
Will M.
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

The best app for managing your communication processes with a team. You can't get better.

5 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Fantastic service, fantastic app.

Ease of use and management of team communication and customer service

All good! No need. Perhaps more integrations but I don't even think required.

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: Terrible front customer service

Overgestapt van: Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Better in every way.

Nirmal K.
Blogger in India
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Simple but Powerful Email Management Software

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Missive has the ability to handle multiple email accounts with the same Missive account and checking each inbox is so easy and distraction-free. I don't need to switch between accounts which saves my time.

In the free account, you will not be able to view the history of the email conversation that was 15 days prior. So to check these emails, you need to head back to your original email client (Gmail or others)

Shawn K.
Shawn K.
Managing Partner in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

The Ultimate Team Productivity Solution

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent. The only reason I left was because our law firm upgraded our practice management and billing solution and that solution already integrated email and chat.

The ability to immediately bring in other team members into a conversation surrounding an email communication that was either sent or received. I also enjoyed the ability to edit another user's draft email in real-time as they are also working on it.

Because there are so many places where a conversation can happen (one-on-one chat, group chat, and in an email communication), conversations can get lost. To its credit, Missive has created a number of ways to keep these communications organized (the most effective of which would be to use organizational shared labels). But Missive lacks a robust search feature that allows you to conduct a filtered search (e.g., by thread, date, conversation, author, etc.), which makes it difficult to find things at times.

Overwogen alternatieven: Slack en Front

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: Inability to integrate chat with email.

Overgestapt van: Gmail

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: Slack doesn't do what Missive does. FrontApp is similar, but Missive's integration with Gsuite was much cleaner.

Geoff B.
International Program Coordinator in Canada
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Once you use Missive, you'll see what you're missing without it

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We first started using Missive when we needed two staff to share a Gmail account. We started trials with some other companies but they either didn't fit our needs or were far too expensive for us. We came across Missive and they were very helpful getting us set up. That was over two years ago now. Over that time, we've watched Missive improve and add features every week to 10 days (I've included as many as I can think of in the "Pros" section above). Bugs, though rare, are handled immediately and are often patched before I even download the first update. Our entire department now uses the program and I honestly can't imagine having to go back to the Gmail interface. Emails between staff are cut down dramatically, as rather than emailing a colleague I can just tag or message them. If I get an email that would be better done by a colleague, it's two clicks to assign it to them. If a colleague is working on a draft email and wants my feedback, we don't need to forward it back and forth—she just tags me in and we can work on the draft together. If a message has gone unanswered for too long, I can set a simple rule to notify me. If I want to save a bunch of emails that are relevant together, I can add them all to a conversation and access any of them with a click. This question asked what problems I'm solving with Missive. All I have to do is open my Gmail interface and try to work from there to realize that I would be lost without Missive.

Missive is run by a group of three developers who provide quick support and listen to their client base. They add new features every week to 10 days and are quick to respond to bug reports. In the 2.5 years we've used Missive, I've seen it grow from a competent solution for a team inbox to a serious competitor with all of the other programs in this field. Anyone considering Slack, Front, etc., needs to give Missive serious consideration. This program has gone from something I never knew I needed to something I now couldn't get by without. Over the years, Missive has become feature-rich, adding things like: - automatic assignment of incoming messages - teams and team inboxes - see when a colleague is typing - merged conversations - Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Twilio SMS messaging - very powerful email and conversation handling based on complex rules (for incoming messages, outgoing messages, and even actions like labels or comments) - out of office handling of email assignments - responses - configurable snoozes - webhook actions - a public API (for both messages and contacts) - custom integrations - contacts management Missive has a lot to offer, even for handling personal email or a sole proprietor. However, it changes gears once you add a teammate, and the more colleagues you have, the more time it saves.

I wouldn't say there are any downsides to using Missive, as there's nothing it does that could be done better directly in Gmail. I would say that one feature that is lacking is being able to search for text in a conversation and be brought directly to the text (Missive just shows the messages containing that text). I have some conversations that are many years old with thousands of lines of text, so just being told that a search string is in that conversation does me no good. I want to be brought to the text (like how Find works in my browser) and be able to reply to it in some way (i.e., my reply should reference that line somehow).

Overwogen alternatieven: Helpmonks, Slack en Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: At the time, Front had the best feature set but was far too expensive. I did not like Helpmonks' interface and it was also very expensive. Slack was the least expensive but did not integrate well with email (at least at the time) and any bots needed to pull in email adequately would have been expensive. Plus, it was hard to get staff to buy in when I was trying Slack out.

Diego D.
President in VS
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Game Changer E-Mail System

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Amazing! I can think of us without Missive! Thinks like It’s email chat feature has allowed to work collaboratively very easy.

It allowed us to work on our emails very efficiently with our employees working from different parts of the world.

From an email client /system stand point the software has everything and it’s constantly reviving updates.I would love to see a statist s module to help me gather a picture of how each user is doing.

Overwogen alternatieven: Front

Redenen om voor Missive te kiezen: Front pricing scheme is too expensive.

Overgestapt van: Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: For us, it has all the features we need at a cheaper price.

vorig jaar

Thanks!

Jake K.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Stable, powerful and great support

5 2 jaar geleden

1. Unlike many email clients, missive is modern, stable, and extensible with good built in integrations (asana, pipedrive) and it's extensible. We were able to create our own sidebar plugin for a custom CRM, to view crm data of the person you're emailing with in the sidebar, in just a few days. 2. Missive's support is fantastic. Their team quickly answers and fixes any bugs fast if you find them. 3. The mobile version is as fully-featured as the desktop and stays completely in sync. 4. Missive is very actively releasing new features making the product better all the time. An example of this is the new Missive Chat which lets you embed live chat into your website and then see/answer messages from visitors within Missive.

The UI can be a little bit complex especially the sidebar, though you can customize it. The settings area has loads of customization options but might benefit from a search function within settings to find the right option you're looking for, since there are a bunch of tabs in the settings window.

Overwogen alternatieven: Polymail en Front

Redenen om over te stappen op Missive: FrontApp was too expensive. Polymail had too many bugs and seems like development of new features is slow.

Bimbola C.
Founder in Sierra Leone
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers

Tried a bunch but settled for Missive

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied

Ease of use and price point not too bad for small business. Great support whenever needed and team continuously improving the software and app. App does everything the web app also does. Chat function is also good considering it's included in the price and I like the integration with Todoist. We have use over 5 support apps and shared mailbox solutions (Front, Zoho etc) but we are settled and comfortable with Missive. In the end it was a toss-up between them and Groove but we have not regretted our choice.

The contacts section. My ideal would be a solid support app and CRM in one. Missive does have a decent integration with Pipedrive but we don't use it. In fact, what I'd like it to be able to do mail merges to clients.

Brennan O.
Brennan O.
CEO & Co-Founder in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect solution for our needs

5 2 jaar geleden

We were searching for a bolt on to our G Suite that would help us triage emails that come in so we could either add to our ticket system so they could be processed or we could reply via email. The main thing was ensuring we didn't miss any contacts and that we weren't duplicating work. Missive allowed us to easily handle all forms of communications with our clients. They've continued to add several features (we're really enjoying the team inboxes!) and are exceptionally fast to respond when there are any issues that come up. We certainly value our relationship with the folks at Missive.

Most of what we've disliked has been initial preferences and not related to performance. We've adjusted to the workflows.

Overwogen alternatieven: Slack, Front, Hiver en Zendesk

Simon T.
Director in VK
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Spin a lot of plates - keep on top and in touch with your work & communications

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Greatly helps productivty and control/coordination.

Super effective way to juggle emails, discussions plus external integrated systems Has a lot of functionality itself to handle multiple, team & external email accounts Brings team discussion into email threads, keeping the emails separate Integration with other systems is fabulous, eg Trello & Knack

The use of the term 'Archive' is not intuitive for me and many I've trained. It related to being in one's inbox, either your own or a team's you're in.

Todd W.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Great Collaborative Email

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Hats off to the Missive. They are very responsive, add features regularly, and fix bugs quickly.

We switched to Missive from a competitor because the apps are elegant and the price is right. We use email all day every day, so the user experience is important. Missive is not just visually attractive, but it's also extremely fast. We especially like the collaborative drafting and the commenting features. The extensive rules editor allows us to automate without programming. (The API looks excellent and I hope to use that as well in the future. )

Nothing major. I would like to see more canned integrations and more native interactivity with the Mac.

Chris F.
VP/GM in VS
Groothandel, 11-50 werknemers

Refreshing & Unique Software

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: When it comes to using shared inboxes with most email clients, things don't really sync up properly and you'll find someone already responded to an email or moved it, yet it's setting in someone else's inbox as if nothing has been done. This is not the case with Missive. I also like how I can create signatures for each person in my company and apply them to each person's account, per inbox. This is really helpful and unique. Lastly, it's amazing how I can log into missive anywhere and still have all my settings, inboxes, etc intact.

I like how fast emails send and receive. Everything is synchronized and up-to-date at all times.

The livechat abilities need some work. We tried it out but it didn't have all the features we were looking for. I'm sure in time, it'll get better.

Jimmy G.
CEO in Zwitserland
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Great Mail Management / Shared Inbox Software

5 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are a very small team and were desperately seeking some inexpensive software that helped us manage our customer email inquiries. All the other tools I've tried were overkill (ticketing, etc.) for our needs.
Whis this software you can not only handle your customer emails but you private emails can be managed as well and at the very same place. No switching software anymore for different email needs...

This software has a very nice design, works without any flaws, is very responsive/fast, and has a very affordable price. Cheaper than ANY comparable tool I found so far! Customer support ist extremely quick and helpful and all in all it was relatively easy to setup our processes. This is one of the rare examples for a software that I actually like to pay for because I think they deserve my money! (I even took the time to write this Review...)

Haven't really found some negative points yet, but I am a new customer. You cannot understand every aspect of the software without reading about it in the help system. But you can try out everything and then delete your experiments after that, which is very positive.

Miguelle G.
Owner in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Love them enough to write a review!

5 4 maanden geleden

While researching "the best software for emails", I stumbled across this video. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] A bit dated but still worth the watch if u want to see what updating your email app can do for you! That video is the reason why I know Missive exist and why I chose to give them a try! Friendly enough to start using right away, no issues! The more you use, the more you find, the more you learn and the more you fall in love!

Missing a sync with Google Contacts But that's it!

4 maanden geleden

Thanks for the review. :) p.s. We also sync contacts with Office 365 accounts.

CEO in Polen
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Best email app.

5 11 maanden geleden

I run a couple different online platform at once. Missive helps me combine them and collaborate with my team with ease.

Nothing I don't like. It could be a little cheaper but you save a lot of time with missive so it's worth every cent.

Filip Z.
Owner in Slowakije
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Great choice for managing team-inbox mail

5 vorig jaar

Everything you need with big options to make. Supports Standard mail clients, IMAP, fb messenger or twitter. Also we can synchronize our trello and google drive with missive. Great tools for automatizations. The platform looks great and it is easy to use. Now with our team inboxes and rules for automatization we saved not just a time but we finally organized our mails.

There was everything we have been looking for.

Bruno M.
CEO in Brazilië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Great app but need some basic features

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Good experience but looks like a beta app. Pay for it now is crazy when you have many evolved apps in the market. After adding some basic features and rethink about a plan for small companies, it will be one of the best apps for mail/team.

- design looks so good - speed of email update - how smooth this works - task inside chats

- Can't share inbox (and works with archive+trash) without using 2 inbox folders (team + main) OR you can share the same inbox but if you archive some email, it will keep on inbox of other team members - Expensive for small companies. - Full history that is default on all other mail clients on Missive you have to pay. If you have a team with 3 members, you need to pay 45 MONTHLY just to have access to your all emails. They hide your old emails. - No search inside chats/emails content (the main search don't bring you to the found message of chat) - Mobile app add margin to the side of emails so your emails isn't showing correctly - No quote/reply feature on chat - No ticks of message read on chat

Christopher M.
COO in VS
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 11-50 werknemers

Best Tool We Use As A Company

5 vorig jaar

The product is extremely easy to use and cuts down on all of the wasteful overcommunications to customers and co-workers. It helps us deliver a full service end to end customer centric experience to our customers that we could not complete any other way.

Nothing, it works like a charm all of the time.