LastPass reviews

4,7 (2.541) Schrijf een review!

Over LastPass

LastPass bedrijfsoplossingen helpen bedrijven de controle te krijgen over hun identiteitsbeheer met eenmalige aanmelding (SSO), wachtwoordbeheer en meervoudige verificatie (MFA).

Meer informatie over LastPass

It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

If lastpass has an outage, you can't login to any platform and that can ruin your day. You can't put a setting on lastpass that says keep me logged in for the next 4 hours.

Beoordelingen van LastPass

Waar voor je geld

LastPass heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.541 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je LastPass eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.541)

Noman
Noman
Owner and Founder in India
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

With LastPass you will never have to remember any passwords

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Lastpass is supported on multiple devices and browsers and it makes life so easy because you don't have to worry about remembering multiple passwords anymore.

The best part of Lastpass tool is the chrome extension that it has because it makes it very easy to login on any website without remembering the password. There is a single master password that you need to remember and rest all the passwords will be saved and encrypted on LastPass tool.

sometimes the extension on chrome doesn't load by itself. But most of the time it works flawlessly.

Nikodem
Control Engineer in Polen
Automotive, 10.000+ werknemers

Good start if you are looking for password manager

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I was using LastPass for few years as a password manager and generator. It was working very smooth and I haven't noticed any issues with that. I like that it provided extensions for the browsers that I'm using, which made using it even easier. Mobile phone was also supported, so it covered most of my use cases. The problem is that LastPass decided to change their free plan and make it practically unusable. This was the time I decided to switch to other password manager which is Bitwarden (which is free and provides the same functionalites).

LastPass is a reliable software. It has integration in form of extensions for all major web browsers, as well as mobile devices.

LastPass limited free model to only one type of device (PC/mobile), which made it practically unusable and forced users to buy subscription.

Aaron
Aaron
Owner in Canada
Beveiliging en opsporing, 11-50 werknemers

Poorly designed and no QA

1,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Nightmarish. App constantly logs you out and expects you to remember yet another password with NO alternative means of verification that works reliably. Face ID turns off all the time. And SMS verification doesn’t send. No email reset. SO POORLY DESIGNED. STAY AWAY

Easy to enroll team members. The Face ID worked well at first (until it didn’t)

No customer support. They hide behind a chat bot that only allows you to ask questions about buying more seats. App constantly turns off Face ID and signs you out, the SMS verification option doesn’t work so you’re often left stranded with no one to reach out to. This was one of the worst pieces of software we ever bought.

CIO in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Lsatpass is a great tool but a bit expensive

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've been using Lastpass since 2016 and i don't want to change at all. Maybe the price is to high, they changed it when Logmein bought the company but is still the best one.

Sharing password functionality was the main reason to select this product. You can share the acces to sites without sharing the password. Autofill is also great for people like me who goes fast.

The recovering main password process is difficult and sometimes you are not able to recover it.

Peter
Managing Partner in VS
Vermogensbeheer, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Say goodbye to passwords - or at least all but one

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We have secured all our online accounts now with strong passwords, that we don't have to remember. Lastpass works on browsers and mobile devices. Only have to remember 1 password now instead of dozens and dozens, allowing for strong and complex passwords.

Manages passwords easily, allows for team member additions, good structure and organization. Can you multi factor as an option.

Vendor initially had some poor reviews from the industry years ago. But they have shored up all the main issues now.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Senior Digital Strategist in VS
Publieke zaken, 11-50 werknemers

The very best choice for password management

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I like using the password generation, organizing my vault, seeing it sync in when I move over to mobile. Expanding my vault with more and more passwords makes me feel increasingly secure and like I'm taking control of my online life.

I'm really happy with the password management tools provided by lastpass and how it keeps me organized. I enjoy creating different folders, subfolders and diving things between work and personal within my vault. For sufficient modern day online security the average person is needs to maintain hundreds of different account and logins with each having a unique password consisting of a random string of characters. It would be impossible to manage this without a trusted tool like LP.

Autofill and autosave are very, very good but still not yet at the point where every website works. And I haven't figured out how to autosave new passwords when I'm on mobile and have them sync over to desktop. That's really my only criticism. But perhaps, it's my fault and there is a setting where I can enable improved mobile autosave. I'll keep looking into it. Overall, this is a very valuable product that everyone should use.

Sulaiman
Sulaiman
SEO & SEM Manager in Indonesië
Entertainment, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A handy tool to keep your password in one storage

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Lastpass is a good choice if you're looking for a tool to manage and secure all of your passwords and secure notes. There is a free plan if you only need to work on one device; however, you can upgrade to a higher plan for a $3/month (multi-device plan)

-Easy to use -Access all passwords in one wallet -You only need to remember one master password -Add more security with Google Authenticator

I think the customer support need a lot of improvement in terms of response speed and support

Teacher in Turkije
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

A tool to keep your pass everywhere

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I saved all my passwords and usernames on it. So I do not need to remember my passwords. Also, I create password automatically with it and save them.

I comes with an authenticator. I like it because there is no need to use other authenticator apps. It automaticaly generate TOTP codes and enter. I like its speed and its user interface. Passwords and usernames can be share between devices.

Free version allow us for one devices. So for multiple devices I have to pay more. There were security breaches needed to be solved.

Accounting Associate in VS
Administratie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Daily helper

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I use last pass everyday, I really like the long list of features it provides: from password generation, password admin and authentication. All in one wallet.

I do not see any cons, the only one I'd say is the transferability of the information to other devices sometimes is slow; but you end up getting in as well. I'd say it works better on my laptop.

Kabir Ahmed
Kabir Ahmed
Account Executive in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Best Password Management Tool

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Secure and reliable, I can control which passwords I want to store in Lastpass account, separate work and personal accounts so they don’t mix. Earlier I needed to reset passwords a lot of time now I don’t need to thanks to Lastpass

I have so many accounts where I need to set different passwords for account security. Lastpass stores these passwords and I just need to remember one Master password to access my Lastpass account. Each time I update a password, Lastpass extension also updates it under my account.

The interface could be made a somewhat simpler like the Chrome extension for password management.

Software Project Lead in Australië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

🌿Tim
🌿Tim
Senior iOS Developer in Oostenrijk
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Great password storage for the average adult

5,0 6 maanden geleden

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not. Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened. Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords. Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Brian
field worker in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

LastPass is great for those who always forget their passwords

4,0 8 maanden geleden

I love that it is easy to set up and use. It usually automatically asks me if I want to add a login and password when I log into a site for the first time. It's really simple, and all you have to do is click on yes/ add. I don't have to go in and enter it manually, which is very nice. It also works across all my devices, I just log in to it and I can even use it while browsing on my smartphone. All my passwords all easily manageable cause it categorizes them into different categories for me as well. It makes it fairly easy to find one and edit it if I need to. I also like that if you reset your password, and then log in with a new password, LastPass will ask you if you want to update your stored password automatically. So there's no need to go into it and change it manually unless you need to. It's also simple to use, for me when I open a website that I have credentials stored for, there's a little box icon with 3 dots on the end of the username box. When I click on the little icon, my stored credentials come up and I just click on them to enter the info automatically. Even if I have more than one set of credentials for a site, it lists them all and then I just pick the one I want to use. You have to be logged into it, of course, so don't worry about security unless you leave yourself logged in and walk away from your computer. I have it set so that it logs me out automatically after a certain time of inactivity. I think you can also set it to log you out right after.

The only CON that I have so far about LastPass is that sometimes it will put certain things in the wrong category when it organizes it for me. It doesn't;t happen every time, but every now and then. Like something should go into the "Social" category, but it will put it into the entertainment one instead. Sometimes it's annoying, but I can also move it if I need to.

Patrick
Patrick
Small Business Owner in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent password and profile management

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Alex
System Analysis in Canada
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

4,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

Favio
Internal Sales Representative in Nicaragua
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers

All your passwords secured and easy to access

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

Michelle
Operations Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to create, store and manage all your passwords in one place

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great - Improved my teams ability to share passwords securely and personally it has enabled me to have much stronger passwords for everything - personal and business. I just wish I could convince my Mum to use it!

The browser extension and mobile app just make Lastpass so easy to use. I love that I will never have to think of another strong password as long as I have access to Lastpass as the generator is great for this. Knowing my personal vault is completely secure, but that I can also add any password in to a shared folder to enable collaboration across a team is great. And there is no better feeling than only having to log in to one application and know that wherever I browse to if I have an account the credentials simply populate from Lastpass automatically.

I find provisioning users a little labour intensive - but that might be because I haven't ever looked to see if there is an easier way. And if you have a login page which asks for more than 2 credentials e.g. account name, user name and password... but as long as you put the account name in the secure notes of the password entry on last pass it's still easy to find.

Kenny
Kenny
Owner in België
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Reliable password management. LastPass is on top of things.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have a very positive experience. Using the tool for the first time was very intuitive, I didn't need any tutorials or help pages. I also never ran into technical issues and the LastPass team informs you of important changes and news from the 'online security' world. Very good customer service, I love how professional and customer-centered LastPass is.

What I like most about LastPass is how easy it is to quickly create secure passwords and manage them with a few clicks. The auto-saving of passwords is a nice feature as well, saving you a lot of time. I know LastPass uses the highest password encryption and security standards, that's why I rely on this tool. I've had too many issues in the past because I used bad passwords. With LastPass I know I'm using the right kind of passwords and I don't even need to remember them.

LastPass allows you to access the tool on one device as a free member. Since I use desktop more than mobile, I activated in on desktop. It would however be nice to be able to use LastPass (as free user) on both without having to choose. I understand it's part of the 'upgrade to get more' business model, but I'd love to see this.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Jeremy
Self Employed in VS
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My LastPass Password Keeper

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, between Logmeonce, nordpass, 1password, Password boss, and many more different programs you can use to protect your online credentials, i woul dhave to say LAstPass is in the top 5% range. It is very affordable, easily managed, easily accessible, and can be used on every device as one account.

I have had multiple different password keeper accounts in the past, none that amount to the complexity of LastPass. It can be downloaded onto your phone & onto your laptop so that when you switch from one to the other, it has all the passwords remembered right there for you. No more typing in your username and password every single day on every single account you want to access, it is all automated and done for [email protected]!

I dont think there was anything i didnt like about it. I still use it to this day and i dont plan on veering away. There is even a free account that still allows you to connect all of your accounts, without any limitation.

Jake
Jake
Senior Trainer in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Quentin
Quentin
Data Integration Specialist in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

𝗣𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗮
𝗣𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗮
Consultant/Owner in VS
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

Goran
Owner in Kroatië
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The absolute best in password security

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Rick
Director of Photography in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.