Over Semrush

Waar goede marketeers geweldig worden.

Meer informatie over Semrush

Competitive analysis isn't totally accurate, but about as good as anything else I've come across. They keep adding more and more features and there are a number of integrations that I really like.

The pricing can sometimes be ridiculous. I am a one many side-hustle "SEO Agency", and I am spending $100 bucks a month on the tool.

Beoordelingen van Semrush

Waar voor je geld

Semrush heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.861 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Semrush eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.861)

Nadish H.
Nadish H.
Web Developer in Pakistan
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

The most advance and powerful SEO tool in the industry

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

There's a list of features that I love about Semrush, but most of all, the free version can also be used to manage your small projects:) I really like user friendly interface of Semrush. Even if you've zero knowledge of SEO, you can still use Semrush to boost your website's SEO like an expert.

The least I like about Semrush is that it's an addiction and you cannot get away from it once you get used to it :). In other words, I did not find anything missing in Semrush, it's perfect :)

3 weken geleden

Hi Nadish! We're more than happy to read your review and have you among our customers ;)

Eric M.
Eric M.
Co-founder & VP of SEO in VS
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

SEMrush is a must-have

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help) - An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization) - Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

vorige maand

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Kathrin S.
Digital Strategist in Duitsland
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

For the German speaking market it's not precise enough for me

3,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I don't know how it works in other countries, but for DE, AT and CH the data base is not good enough for me.

I can get a fast overview about the things I request in the tool like search volume and the loading time is good.

Often I am not sure how realiable the data base is. The results are often different to the ones I get from other tools, which deliver similar results among each other. I can only speak for the German speaking market, but here I am not convinced. I also got recommendations from the tool to look at the page rank to improve the SEO performance. In 2021 this was weird to me. Also the facts about a domain like organic traffic and organic keyword rankings are different and seem not real (way to less).

vorige week

Hi Kathrin, we appreciate your feedback. While we can't speak to the exactness of other tools, at Semrush, we are continuously looking to improve and strengthen the accuracy of our data. We offer integrations with Google products in order to get the most precise data directly from the analytics of your website. If you have any additional feedback on how we can improve, we welcome it! Please send it to [email protected]

Sam I.
Owner, SEO in VS

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Lauren V.
Lauren V.
SEO Content Writer in VS

Incredible tool for SEO research

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, SEMrush has been a game-changer for my SEO strategy. It's saved me a ton of time and guesswork about which keywords to target, and I've been able to help my clients grow their organic traffic more efficiently.

The most valuable part of SEMrush for me is the Keyword Magic Tool. I love that I can easily view related keywords and get suggestions for more competitive keywords that weren't on my radar yet. Volume and Keyword Difficulty are the metrics I use the most. They have helped me rank on the first page of Google for clients with certain keywords. In addition, the Intent feature is really helpful for knowing why people are searching for a particular keyword.

I do wish the Keyword Magic Tool would bring up more suggestions sometimes. For example, I might search a keyword that popped up on Google suggestions but that SEMrush shows no data for. It would be helpful if the software brought up any related keywords even if there's no data for the exact wording I'm using. However, this is a small nickpick. The other tough pill to swallow is the price. I'm a solopreneur, so paying the monthly fee for Pro is steep. However, I do think their pricing is competitive with other tools.

Paul T.
Marketing Director in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 11-50 werknemers

Semrush Is A Necessity For Online Business

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Couldn't Work Without It!

Keywords and Back Links are so accurate with SEMrush. There is no other tool in the market quite like it.

I would like to see data in Real Time. Every day we have to wait for 24 update on traffic report, but if there was a way to see it real time, we could move a lot faster in the direction we need to.

Brock P.
Brock P.
Vice President of Marketing in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

There is no substitute

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We use this for a wide range of things: Competitor research to help us find great M&A targets and value them correctly, we use it to assess in-bound linking, we use it a TON for SEO work, and we even explore PPC opportunities with it. We find it to to be a very flexible tool that meets a lot of business needs.

The #1 thing we use SEMRush for is competitor research... and quite frankly no tool we've found compares to this. We are an ecommerce company and with SEMRush we get a very good picture of our competitors business.

The learning curve on this software takes a bit of an investment in time. It is certainly well worth it, but you will *never* get the full power out of SEMRush without making an effort to do some of the training and experimenting.

3 weken geleden

Hi Brock! Thank you so much for this wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback on learning curve especially since we've created a lot of educational materials in our blog and Semrush Academy. It's totally worth it ;)

Annie K.
Annie K.
Owner in VS

Best SEO Product On the Market

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is a simple to use program and I am sure that with a bit more training I can become even better at using it. It can do WAY more than I even know and the price is extremely fair.

The keyword research tools are constantly updated and always give me accurate results.

I wish there was a more robust and easier way to find keywords for my content ideas. For example, I want to find out the most searched-for terms related to "Summer Crafts" and I am just not sure how to find them.

vorige maand

Hey Annie! Thank you for sharing your feedback. You can easily find keywords for your content ideas using our Keyword Magic tool! You can find more details here: https://www.semrush.com/blog/keyword-research-with-semrush-keyword-magic/. Hope it helps!

Ceo in Kameroen

Overwogen alternatieven:

Semrush best SEO and website management tool.

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: No problems encountered at the moment.

What I liked about this software is the fact that it allows me to analyze my website and unearth the problems related to its referencing and then the solutions it offers me to overcome these errors.

What I liked least about this software is its price list, it is really expensive for beginners.

2 weken geleden

We love to hear that you're making excellent use of our software! Thank you for the feedback regarding our pricingwe offer a 7-day free trial and we also have a free account level that is the perfect fit for a single site. Wishing you the best!

Owner in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Semrush is my go to tool

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We use semrush for SEO research and automated reports. It is extremely handy to have and one tool I do not think we could go without!

It has many handy features and tools that make SEO management a breeze. The automated reports for clients are absolutely amazing to have.

It is a bit expensive but it is feature-packed and the support is always fast so I am happy with it.

Iván A.
Iván A.
Marketing manager in Spanje

Overwogen alternatieven:

De las mejores herramientas de Marketing pero muy cara

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Como herramienta los más de 4 años que la hemos usado nos ha satisfecho mucho, pero llega un momento que no la utilizamos tanto ya que también tenemos ahref, si tris y screamingfrog, y el gasto ya se nos hace muy elevado

Tiene un conjunto muy completo de aplicaciones tanto para web y redes sociales, aunque la mitad no las uso porque nos dedicamos más al ppc y SEO

Es un gasto muy caro para nuestra agencia y por eso hemos decidido buscar otras herramientas más asequibles que cubren nuestra tarea

3 maanden geleden

Hi Ivan! Thank you for the feedback. We of course would love customers from all over the world to be able to afford using Semrush for their tasks. We don't want to see you go - we'd love to connect 1:1 to help you to identify the optimal package for your needs. And you can always use our free plan, it is limited but still could be helpful!

Marketing Program Manager in VS
Computerhardware, 10.000+ werknemers

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams in touch, we use SEMrush to get a lot of information regarding keywords, technical, and competition data. When we first started using SEMrush, we utilized it as an "add-on" to other products, but now it is our primary tool. SEMrush's API access is just another perk of an enterprise-level subscription. In addition, we use the organic research tool a lot to learn about our domain as well as our competitors'. While researching their competition and the market, the SEM team makes use of the "Competitive Intelligence Add-On" offered by SEMrush to gather information.

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

3 maanden geleden

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Max P.
Digital Marketing Director in VS
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Steven B.
President in VS

SEMRush Rocks

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Kevin M.
SEO + Content Optimization in Canada

The Standard for SEO Project Management

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Robert T.
Robert T.
Founder & CEO in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Semrush is the critical

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Vice President, Innovation & Strategy in VS

Solid all-in-one for marketers

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

5 maanden geleden

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Jorge P.
Product Manager in Nicaragua
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner. Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity. Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

Anuj K.
Anuj K.
SEO Analyst in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Yassine E.
Yassine E.
Manager IT in Marokko
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services. Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements. IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Naz H.
Google Consultant in VK

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

11 maanden geleden

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Julio A.
President in VS

You can't drive blind

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Carsten H.
Marketing Strategist in Duitsland
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers

Die Rund-um-Sorglos SEO Software

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Mit Semrush haben wir erstmals einen umfangreichen Einblick in die Markt- und Wettbewerbssituation erhalten. Die Ableitung von Keywordrecherche zur SEO-Texterstellung ist sehr einfach gehalten und überzeugt immer wieder aufs Neue. Den größten Gewinn gab uns das On- und Offpage SEO Audit. So konnten wir große Fehler in Minuten ausfindig machen und korrigieren.

Am besten gefällt mir das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis der Softwarelösung Semrush. Semrush bietet uns alle Features, die wir für unsere Keywordrecherche und tägliches SEO benötigen.

Die Navigation könnte etwas einfacher sein, um den Workflow zwischen den einzelnen Komponenten zu erleichtern.

Vasilis S.
Mr in Ierland
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Rank with Semrush

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords. If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100. That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them. Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition. A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank. As usual you have to know your business. Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors. I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use. Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc. There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand . There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site. The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information. That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic. The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there. That is a serious problem with the tool.

Mike W.
Senior Digital Strategist in VS

SEMRush Vastly Improves SEO Efforts and is Worth the Investment

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, SEMRush has allowed great value for us and our clients. We are able to take action and improve websites and SERP rankings, and provide a resource to content writers to find a good balance between great content and SEO friendly content. Every serious business looking for growth should be using SEMRush or a similar product as they reveal a lot about your website.

I have enjoyed that SEMRush has continued to add features to its product offering. This helps consolidate software and accounts being used, staying within one platform, and adding value to building SEO audits, reports, and the ability to pivot and make changes with all of the information in one platform. There are equal competitors out there but most require you to subscribing to individual products from different companies to achieve what SEMRush can accomplish.

There's not much to dislike about SEMRush. The only true con that I dislike about SEMRush is the pricing around adding users. For the price you pay, and the size of teams needing access to the platform, I can't find the justification of the pricing for adding users to that extent for the majority of companies that would use the platform. I think 2 or 3 users to an account should be a no brainer and provide long-term customer relationships, instead of nickel and diming to add users. If someone else is logged into the same user account, one will get kicked off the platform. Next, this isn't really a con based on the pros stated above, but because of the numerous features available within the platform, it can become overwhelming or slow down the learning process for newcomers as it is a comprehensive, robust platform. There are many navigation paths to get to specific features and reports, but that is just the nature of the beast with consolidating and growing the product mix that is the evolving, for the better, SEMRUsh.