Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Quicken

Beheer van huurwoningen en persoonlijke financiën met tracking van huurdersinformatie, inkomstenbeheer en uitgavenbeheer.

Meer informatie over Quicken

Every updated gets better. I love to be able to track every dollar I spend, and can categorize it.

Beoordelingen van Quicken

3,9
3,5
3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,7

Quicken heeft een totaalscore van 3,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 417 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Quicken eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (417)

Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Can't Go Wrong with Quicken!

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Susan
Susan
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Ideal for My Solorpreneur Marketing Consulting Business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am very pleased with the ease of entering data into the system. It saves me the cost of having a bookkeeper. I am able to categorize expenses myself and take full advantage of knowing what i was buying for business and for personal life. I know it is saving my a lot on my taxes, as I have proof of my deductions versus just guessing. It used to take me days to prepare my docs for my CPA not it is in a matter of hours I have all the numbers she will need.

The best feature I like is the way you can split items on a receipt into their own categories. For example, I go to Walgreens and buy cosmetics, copy paper, thank you notes, and business head shot photo prints. I enter Walgreens for the Payee, then I assign / split where the expenses will go in my categories. Cosmetic - Personal Care, Copy Paper, thank you notes - Business: Office Supplies, Photo prints - Business: Photography. I make my tax reporting a breeze for my Schedule C line items. I also love generating reports on income and expenses. Great for planning or estimating funds for seasonal work loads.

It actually has more features than I want to use. For example - the investment section, I tried to use it - but to enter buy - sell information and dividends and details was way too time consuming for me. I just as soon get my reports from my brokerage firm.

Patrick
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

Best Desktop Accounting Software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: That software allows you to back up in the cloud and your computer. It has all the special effects at Quickbooks.

Ease of use and it allows you to add multiple businesses or personal accounts. The price is what it should be for accounting software. Excellent Support, I used the support two times and was very impressed with the customer service.

No way that I know of to recover the password vault.

KASSANDRA
Owner - President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Quicken is great for small businesses

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using quicken for years and its been easy and user friendly.

Easy to download transactions. Specialized report save fuction. Cloud sync to view on other devices.

Every once in a while it auto catorgories something worong.

James
Treasurer in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Expensive

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using Quicken since the DOS days. I never had any problems until the new owners took over. The program has been very glitchy ever since. Since this is the only program out there that is not overkill for my small church, I am forced to use it.

The financial reports I can generate is very flexible.

The program is becoming very expensive to use. There are glitches with some of the updates which messes up the check register. Many problems with connecting with my Wells Fargo accounts.

Grant Bentley
Teacher in Canada
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent for Blended families and small business

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My only issue getting started was 'Adding' an account. Followed every step to frustration almost cancelling subscription. Finally I phoned customer service and they were amazing! Took over screen and walked me through. Ended up being my display on the Mac, once corrected worked great!

For $80 Cdn / year this is a fantastic program for blended families with multiple sources of income and complicated expenditures that require organizing. As a lay financial planner, with a rental property and a second marriage, I have spent way too much time trying to organize the finances. What has taken me literally days to do on a spreadsheet has taken me 3 or 4 hours on Quicken. Monthly expenditures and small business management will likely take me 2 to 3 hours a month now, at most. Once you organize your Transaction Payees into Categories (a few hours the first time) you never need to do that step again! Spending charts / pie graphs are clear and 'quickly' ... you know where the money is going, almost to the moment. The program was super easy to show my wife how it works and unnecessary stressors have been eliminated.

I say almost because transactions from the bank are not simultaneously dropped into your application. Even if you update the account (refresh) it can take time for the new transactions to show up. Apparently the web app doesn't have this issue but the downloaded desk top version does. For me, no issue, but for someone who requires immediate updates it might be a problem.

Aryana
Founder in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

quicken is inexpensive but has errors

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I liked the price and the short learning curve to get up and running. I liked the flexible reporting available. There was a lot of trouble importing transactions which is why I stopped using it. It wouldn't import automatically and I had to download from the bank and Paypal and then upload.

Stefanie
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Quicken Keep it SIMPLE Get it Done

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use, simplified and better that QuickBooks when it comes to smaller businesses.

Quicken has everything needs for a small business. You won't get confused with unnecessary tabs and areas and you will find evet daily that is needed to track your business finances from cost to profit

If you are a mid or larger size business, quicken is not for you.

Thomas
President in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Worst Software Package I know - DON'T BUY IT!

1,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This is the worst software and, as far as I can tell, none of their staff are interested in helping, nor are they anything other than simpletons without knowledge of their product. STAY AWAY.

relatively inexpensive as compared to other options.

DOES NOT WORK. Even when I did all it asked and upgraded - it is not able to use multiple files I provide.

Jodi
Controller in VS
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

Our company has been using Quicken for over 15 years and we are very satisfied,

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use it daily and it works well! No qualms at all.

The software is efficient, easy, and works very well.

I am overall very satisfied. There is nothing I can think of that needs improvement.

Wes
Wes
Principal Software Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Quicken is the Grand-Daddy of Personal Finance Tools, I can't Quit It.

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've used Quicken for such a long time, It would be difficult to switch to an alternative. I general it works for me, and I see no evidence which indicates I should check into alternatives.

It is highly evolved for tracking personal expenditures, and the performance of personal investments.

The smallest price point at which I can get it, is rather high. I wish it had more tailored pricing based upon the features you need.

Tamara
Adjstmnt Analyst and Generalist in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Its all about the profits now......

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Although I am sounding as though I am resistant to forwarding technology, I am not. There are just certain things that I feel should be more protected and so far, technology has failed to prevent hackers and identity thieves from accessing peoples information due to companies insistence in having our information all over the internet and web. There was nothing wrong with the old QUICKEN but greed is no playing a part in the new QUICKEN that separated from INTUIT.

I loved it when it was an actual software that could be purchased and had no yearly subscription fee. Prior to them separating from Intuit, this was my software of choice. Ease of use and the ability to choose to have your information inaccessible to internet hackers and not out there for anyone to see.

2007 saw the end of exceptional quality. Went from a software that you can purchase and utilize without having to pay a yearly subscription to a for profit only software with yearly subscription in 2017-2018 update. Now if you want to use this software you have to pay for it yearly. 2007 utilized an update that caused major issues with previous versions. The font became too large to fit in the windows that popped up, the reconciliation failed to work properly, did not give accurate numbers.(Quicken blamed this on the PC Operating system....Funny, no other software on my PC had these issues). They refused to fix the issues they created and then came out with a new update that once you applied the update, 2017-2018, you had to start paying yearly or live with the issues that were created by the previous update. I now have fuzzy font, like old school DOS systems, and a yearly subscription for more bells and whistles that I will ever utilize. Not everyone wants to use mobile access and expose themselves to more and more risk of hackers to steal information.

Craig
President in Dominicaanse Republiek
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

User since the 1990's

2,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Since late 2022 it has been horrible.

I have always liked how easy it was to learn and use Quicken. Getting started is easy.

In the last year Quicken changed their product so it only works on one computer. I have used Quicken for over a decade with OneDrive as the main storage for the database and more recently my own personal server. This made using Quicken essential for travel between my office, my home and on my laptop during travel outside the country or on family vacation.Quicken no longer allows this type of functionality and only allows you to store the main database on a local 'C' drive. Yes, you can copy and paste the database onto another computer (if you remember to do so before leaving), but then you need to re-sign into all your financial institutions. Unfortunately, the product is no longer business friendly and has rolled back to twentieth century technology when people only had one computer to use.Why programmers made this horrible decision is beyond me since almost everything has moved to cloud based programming or allows you to store and use a database from an online storage platform.

Phil
Principal in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Serious improvement is only possible with serious measurement

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: These days we all have multiple accounts: checking, savings, investing, real estate, retirement, etc. All these accounts are necessary in today's world, however, keeping track of them all is a serious problem. Quicken is a tool that will bring all of these accounts into a single dashboard and help you stay on top of all the changes. While Quicken is an older piece of software and will probably never see a full rewrite to make it more modern, it is the only option for serious personal finance and it works well enough to get the job done.

It allows me to stay on top of my finances by downloading transactions from all my accounts into a single dashboard. It allows me to answer any question I have about my finances.

It is slow! Simple tasks like reconciling an account can be aggravating as the hourglass icon comes up way more often then it should for a simple task. I have run this on a modern Intel Core i7 processor and it is still a dog. You definitely need to be patient with this software.

Daan
Senior Accounant in Nederland
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing -cheap- accounting software

Opmerkingen: Great experience.

The software has a solid UI so it is easy to see where your money goes. Easy to use and practical. Great for small to medium businesses because it is not very expensive and has many features.

The interface can look a bit outdated to some, but al the information you need is there. In 1 place. Very convenient.

Linda
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Have used for many years and with every upgrade keeps getting more bugs

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Works well for personal finances - checking, savings, credit cards

Easy to learn, set up account. Can also use the software for my other businesses and personal stuff. Lots of ways to run reports that are useful. Nice to be able to download transactions from my bank and credit card accounts.

End of year tax schedules have bugs, Income reminders for rent payments do not show up correctly, Support is through a forum and they mainly tell you to run a file validation and that's it, Option to "Link a bill reminder to an online account" has never worked, New Zillow feature to asses value of property does not work. The only way I got good support was to pay another dollar for premium support and spent hours on the phone with a tech as he had me restore old backups trying to find a file that didn't cause the error... We never did find one that didn't cause the error. I am limping along with how it is working and currently looking for other software for my rental properties.

Roger
Property Manager
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

USe it daily and have since the early 1990,s

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Puts all your finances in one place, updates all accounts with minimal keystrokes rather than having to go to each website yourself (Saving lots of time) works like an on-screen checkbook. See your net worth accounts and liabilities in one place. Navigation is easy as a click of the mouse.

Intuit, the author, recently sold Quicken to an Investment Group. When Microsoft dropped MS Money, Quicken became the Monopoly in the market. Now the new company made some changes and icons are different, some screens have pop-up windows that don't work right, and the internet is full of complaints from long time users. Most of the glitches I found are minor, but changes were made so that everyone had to renew in-order to be able to access all your accounts online with Quicken, a strategy they may use to continually force upgrades and fees! Watch for this. This is what happens when someone sees a chance to capitalize on a monopoly!

Cheryl

Great Personal Bookkeeping Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really love using Quicken. I would definitely recommend it for use for personal bookkeeping.

Quicken is very, very easy to use. It is great for bookkeeping for personal accounts. The basic Quicken does not track debt and investments, so if you want to do that you have to upgrade to the more expensive one.

This software cannot really be used for business use. Also, I used to be able to buy the CD and install it on my computer and use it for 3 or 4 years. Now you have to pay a yearly fee to use the software. Also, when I bought the CD I could keep up with my loans and investments. Now you have to pay quite a bit more to do that.

Homeowner in VS

Data loss after update

1,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Up until my purchase last year, Quicken served me well.

I have used Quicken for 20+ years for personal and business needs. After my 2006 Mac crashed, I bought a new 2022 MacBook Pro and installed the latest version of Quicken. I spent considerable time setting up accounts, bank imports and entering data for the year 2021, and for one reason or another did not enter any new data after tax day 2022. On opening the program today, I installed the most recent update, as one would usually do, after which, I discovered that all my newly entered financial data on this brand new laptop and newly installed program no longer existed. I praise the technical support team for at least attempting, but failing, to help me.The checkbook feature of Quicken for Mac 2007 that this awful program replaced was bullet proof and never failed me in the many years I had used it until the computer itself died. I do not trust that this couldn't happen again, so I am going to switch to a simpler checkbook accounting system that does not nickle and dime you with "membership" fees. Be warned that running their update could cost you.

That I lost precious data that technical support was unable to retrieve.

Sharon
owner in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Business malpractice

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: poor

Able to keep tax records weekly for my small business.

Quicken arbitrarily changed the rules after purchasing this software. I have used this software for 8 years and purchased the program in 2016. After purchasing a new computer this week, and being unable to transfer my program to it, I was told I had to now pay for a yearly subscription of $60/year. Initially, I was given the option of purchase vs subscription and chose purchase. I now am told I have to pay for subscription yearly. If I had known this at the intial purchase time, I would have chosen another software or set up my own on excell. This is poor business practice by this company and I would never recommend them to anyone. I was never notified of any changes with my initial purchase. This would be considered malpractice by most other businesses. They should honor past agreements.

Darcy
Accountant in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Quicken Customer Service and product ease of functionality drop since Intuit Split

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After about two decades of relying on this software for myself and some clients, I am now reluctantly looking for a replacement program.

It's super easy to utilize if you have basic bookkeeping experience and you are not accounting for investments. Menu options are sensibly grouped. Back up and restore super easy if you want to move copies of file(s) to different computers.

Although this software has been very predictable and adequate for a long time, it has become less desirable since split from Intuit. Good luck getting thru to customer service, there have been so many complications to their change over that they are drowning in calls. Their operators are overwhelmed and seem to 'accidentally' hang up on a call all too frequently, after exhaustive hold times. I have been prompted repeatedly to change my passwords during the transition, and rather annoyingly, each time it is updated a different verification email is sent with a code that must be entered, that quickly expires. Don't get distracted, or you have to start all over! Just really inefficient, non-intuitive programming.

Barry
Retired in VS
Veeteelt, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Analyzing your investments

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great until Placeholder entries were added.

Great for managing bank accounts and credit card accounts.

There needs to be a way to stop Placeholder entries. I check my own investment accounts an like to make corrections. Placeholder entries make it very difficult to correct input errors. If you input income for an investment account and use the reinvest action, the investment performance report can't be used. The amount is added and subtracted for the report. To remove cash from an account, three or more actions (XOU, Withdraw and Withdrawx) can be used. Unfortunately, some reports only have one of these actions and that hasn't been used in the database.

President in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Quicken - the best program for tracking expenses

4,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Quicken is quirky, often frustrating, but there is nothing else I know of that can track finances comprehensively.

It allows tracking of bank accounts, credit cards, and investments. No other program that I know of can do everything Quicken can.

Quicken can be frustrating. It doesn't allow pasting into Register fields and it does not conform to many Windows conventions.

Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Quicken

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Still one of the easier desktop bookkeeping software to use.
Too bad no one else can create a competitive desktop bookkeeping software for the general public.
Many competitors created only an online version which can be Useless if something happens to your PC or you don't have power or an internet connection!
Worse, there's a monthly fee for their online versions!

Relatively simple to use as the basic program is basically an electronic version of a check register. Many financial institutions have a Quicken export function for its online banking feature making bank reconciliation a bit easier.

Don't need to use other features like investment tracker which is essentially useless for most other people Intuit FORCES people to set up an ONLINE account to link the program to, mainly for tracking and marketing purposes which is complete BS! Update function has moved over the years that it's not as simple to just click 'update' anymore JUST to update Quicken and NOTHING else! Be careful about importing information as it may not import 100% of the banking information, similar to QB. Intuit keeps marketing you to join its other financial services!

Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Quicken is great

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been massively helpful with personal finance and keeping track of bank account balances.

I like Quicken for how it's fairly easy to set things up. I prefer manual sync since I prefer creating payees on my own, but it gives me a pretty good view of my expenses and the stocks I have.

I'm not a fan of the subscription pricing, but to their credit Quicken did credit me a discount when I asked them after initially purchasing the software without one. I do wish the budgeting was a bit better as it's not perfect, and sometimes I feel like the direct bank sync can be a bit wonky when it comes to sharing information.

Jonny
CTO in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

Fab on PC, run the PC version on the Mac, dumbed down online

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The PC version of quicken is fully featured, and our accountant, tax professional, and finance person all like it, can use it, understand it, and can handle files / exports made with it. For a while we switched to Mac and the only people who did not switch were the finance people because of PC Quicken. With some 3rd party help we had the PC version running on the Mac. Every couple of years the support for connecting to banks and maybe file formats change, and we seem to have to update the PC version. We tried the on-line version, execs in the company asked for on-line access to view the reports etc. The capabilities of the on-line system were very reduced, not sufficient for our finance team.

Fully features on the PC. with excellent sync with bank accounts and other financial systems, payroll etc. The online system is well priced.

The Mac version is not fully featured. The online version is very simplified. Every couple of years for the PC version they drop support for communications to bank accounts (and file format?) so you need to buy the latest one again.