Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Quicken

Beheer van huurwoningen en persoonlijke financiën met tracking van huurdersinformatie, inkomstenbeheer en uitgavenbeheer.

Meer informatie over Quicken

305 reviews worden weergegeven

Daniel F.
Daniel F.
Attorney in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

stay up to date quickly with quicken

5 8 maanden geleden

Comments: We first started using this back in 2003. we have used the different versions over time as they upgrade. It is great because our account is well versed in the program, and therefore it saves us time and money to do the year-end reports.

Pros:

This program is very versatile. Our account appreciates the account version that we can send him to do our year ends or PPP. It saves from manually recording checks into the register, allows us to split receipts, and split how we pay. the program is easy to use, and our bookkeeper can find online help or customer service help quickly and accurately. This is a program that is worth the money, and you won't switch because the years build off of each other.

Cons:

It takes a little time to understand how it works. You need to really pay attention to how you set your program up and enter the data to distinguish between vendors, clients, etc., overall a solid program accepted in the industry.

Patrick J.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 1+ jaar
Bron: GetApp

Best Desktop Accounting Software

5 2 jaar geleden

Comments: That software allows you to back up in the cloud and your computer. It has all the special effects at Quickbooks.

Pros:

Ease of use and it allows you to add multiple businesses or personal accounts. The price is what it should be for accounting software. Excellent Support, I used the support two times and was very impressed with the customer service.

Cons:

No way that I know of to recover the password vault.

Kandi N.
Hospital Administrator in VS
Diergeneeskunde, 11-50 werknemers

Love Quicken!

5 3 weken geleden New

Comments: I have always liked Quicken, very helpful to see charts of where you’re spending money and create a budget.

Pros:

Links with your bank and downloads cleared transactions.

Cons:

I wish it downloaded pending transactions so your current balance is reflected in real time.

Aryana R.
Founder in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

quicken is inexpensive but has errors

3 11 maanden geleden

Comments: I liked the price and the short learning curve to get up and running. I liked the flexible reporting available. There was a lot of trouble importing transactions which is why I stopped using it. It wouldn't import automatically and I had to download from the bank and Paypal and then upload.

Randy H.

Quicken is Best Desktop based Home financial software

5 3 maanden geleden

Comments: I have used Quicken for portfolio and asset management for over 20 years. The software has improved with new technology and returns excellent value.

Pros:

Its able to link to and download complicated financial transactions, maintain their values, shares owned from most major institutions. It links to your accounts with most major bank and credit card companies. It also allows non-online assets ans liabilities to be tracked. Their reporting shows net worth statements, cash flow statement and other reports suitable to track a large and complex portfolio of assets.

Cons:

Links to some institutions can be damaged due to changing security needs. Their support in improving those links is excellent.

Emerson N.
President/Owner in Mexico
Werving en selectie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Have used it for years, still liking it!

4 8 maanden geleden

Comments: Good, easy tool to track your money, some technical issues with downloading.

Pros:

Quicken quickly and efficiently tracks all my spending, earning and investments, and I have been able to link most of my accounts so it does it automatically.

Cons:

Not all accounts can be linked, especially not international ones. And occasionally it has brought in duplicate transactions which are a nightmare to reconcile.

Fernando G.
Manager in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers

4 10 maanden geleden

Comments: Great experience. The technology is great. Just hard to keep up with the monthly fees for a small business.

Pros:

I like it. I just don't like monthly fees or having to upgrade to be able to connect bank accounts for automatic upgraded on my financial statements.

Cons:

Good software. Easy to use and practical. Helps you accomplish accounting needs in an easy way. Connecting directly to your banks helps you get things done faster.

Peter M.
Enterprise Achitect in Australië
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

30-Year Quicken User

2 9 maanden geleden

Comments: Intuit is so exploitive, that I would actually consider them to be immoral and I have tried many times to move to a different product, but they make it very difficult.

Pros:

Of the personal finance managers, Quicken is probably the best. Other packages at or below this cost lack a majority of their features and in order to get them, you would have to upgrade to a much more expensive package, so it is at a price sweet spot.

Cons:

I've been using Quicken since 1992 and consider myself quite familiar with the package. The Quicken business model is and always has been exploitive and has been adding and subtracting features for years in an attempt to always have a new product to sell. Their current subscription model is no different. However, they never improve the product. There are bugs still there that have been there since the 90's. They're reports and windows do not zoom. They do not use Windows conventions, for example keystrokes. When working properly, it provides a lot of value, but it is very easy to introduce errors into the data and impossible to fix them. Their customer support is an absolute joke. It's normally a 40-minute queue to talk to an idiot and they are so propaganda driven, that they delete any negative posts or reviews from their sites and their forum. They purposely obstruct you from transferring to their competitors. I myself have had to purchase 7 versions of the program since 2000 and that's BEFORE they moved to a subscription model. Every release introduces more bugs, but they make it impossible to freeze a particular version, constantly cutting off web access and they have Upgrade Nags constantly that you can't get rid of. And they are entirely shameless about it.

Tamara B.
Adjstmnt Analyst and Generalist in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Its all about the profits now......

2 4 jaar geleden

Comments: Although I am sounding as though I am resistant to forwarding technology, I am not. There are just certain things that I feel should be more protected and so far, technology has failed to prevent hackers and identity thieves from accessing peoples information due to companies insistence in having our information all over the internet and web. There was nothing wrong with the old QUICKEN but greed is no playing a part in the new QUICKEN that separated from INTUIT.

Pros:

I loved it when it was an actual software that could be purchased and had no yearly subscription fee. Prior to them separating from Intuit, this was my software of choice. Ease of use and the ability to choose to have your information inaccessible to internet hackers and not out there for anyone to see.

Cons:

2007 saw the end of exceptional quality. Went from a software that you can purchase and utilize without having to pay a yearly subscription to a for profit only software with yearly subscription in 2017-2018 update. Now if you want to use this software you have to pay for it yearly. 2007 utilized an update that caused major issues with previous versions. The font became too large to fit in the windows that popped up, the reconciliation failed to work properly, did not give accurate numbers.(Quicken blamed this on the PC Operating system....Funny, no other software on my PC had these issues). They refused to fix the issues they created and then came out with a new update that once you applied the update, 2017-2018, you had to start paying yearly or live with the issues that were created by the previous update. I now have fuzzy font, like old school DOS systems, and a yearly subscription for more bells and whistles that I will ever utilize. Not everyone wants to use mobile access and expose themselves to more and more risk of hackers to steal information.

Brittany D.
Manager in VS
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Great Product

4 3 maanden geleden

Comments: Overall I would highly recommend the use of this system for a small business or individual who needs a little help with their budgeting or accounting. It is very easy to use and has a lot of features that are very useful on the day to day.

Pros:

Quicken is a great program that makes budgeting and account easy and printing checks is super convenient and easy. I really liked how simple it is to print a check and edit or void anything that may have printed incorrectly. Reviewing transactions and the ledger is also very straight forward and easy. Works great for creating budgets as well.

Cons:

Overall I think this is a really great product but one downside I would say is I would sometimes have problems when running a reconciliation in our accounts that wouldn't always clear things properly. The other downside is we cannot have our accountant access the account remotely to review things for us whereas other systems allow for that option which is very convenient.

James D.
Director in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Lack of availability for Mac

5 3 jaar geleden

Comments: I cannot say more than I already have. I’ve had to save information on my Mac and then pick it up on my PC just to send an invoice. This is inconvenient. It takes time that could be better off spend doing other things. Please, Quicken, bring Home and Business to Mac. Also, allow the ability to edit previous entries. I’ve noticed issues in the past that could have been easily fixed with an edit button, but you cannot. This should be fixed. As the leader in accounting software, it should have more features available than it does.

Pros:

Quicken seems to be the go-to accounting software in the industry, so naturally we went with it. We were very happy with Quicken, as it is easy to teach to our new employees. I also really like the seamlessness of the program between a Mac and a PC. My laptop is a Mac while my home computer is a PC, and I find that the program itself is very similar on both platforms, and thus very easy to use. However, we initially intended to purchase Quicken for Home and Business, but it is not available for Mac, so we had to take a step back and purchase Quicken Premier. This was more than slightly annoying, but we managed to make it work.

Cons:

The lack of availability of Home and Business for Mac is a big con for me. The Home and Business program allows for custom invoices, which would look really good for our small business. We also wanted the ability to track our profit and loss, so we purchased it for my home computer. We can still send out the custom invoices on our PCs, but it would be a lot easier if it were available for Mac. Hopefully, there will be an option to purchase Home and Business in the future for Mac.

Phil H.
Principal in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Serious improvement is only possible with serious measurement

5 vorig jaar

Comments: These days we all have multiple accounts: checking, savings, investing, real estate, retirement, etc. All these accounts are necessary in today's world, however, keeping track of them all is a serious problem. Quicken is a tool that will bring all of these accounts into a single dashboard and help you stay on top of all the changes. While Quicken is an older piece of software and will probably never see a full rewrite to make it more modern, it is the only option for serious personal finance and it works well enough to get the job done.

Pros:

It allows me to stay on top of my finances by downloading transactions from all my accounts into a single dashboard. It allows me to answer any question I have about my finances.

Cons:

It is slow! Simple tasks like reconciling an account can be aggravating as the hourglass icon comes up way more often then it should for a simple task. I have run this on a modern Intel Core i7 processor and it is still a dog. You definitely need to be patient with this software.

Thandile N.
Freelancer in Zuid-Afrika
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Used the Software for: 6-12 maanden

Extraordinary for following your financial status, all around incredible.

5 7 maanden geleden

Comments: Exceptional for getting your records all together and starting to see elevated perspective where you and your money is. I could have done without the evaporated features before my last update yet i'm adequate now. It's one of my essential applications!

Pros:

It's a direct mechanical assembly to use for most business structures fit for managing trades, taking everything into account, and repeat. It is the best product (in my opinion) to follow records, adventures and business pay/expenses in all cases spot and on your work region rather than having that information simply on the web. Having the option to see each record in one spot truly permits you to all the more likely control your funds and spending plan. It's absolutely the best.

Cons:

What I have gotten extremely astounded with is the marking in and my intuit ID. At whatever point the systems logs me out, for no good reason, whenever I log back in, it just doesn't take me to my standard page, it makes another page and new record for me. It's terrifying and it has been occurring even more once in a while. In like manner, I do feel the spending section of the application could use some work. I genuinely cherished it as a matter of first importance, however at this point it is fairly a desolation to use and have not used it since.

Mark B.
Application Developer in VS
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Used the Software for: 2+ jaar

Great financial tool! I would be lost without it!

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: I love this tool and use it daily to track all of my finances. i would be lost without it!

Pros:

I love how quicken puts all of your financial companies all in one view. The biggest reason i switched from Yodlee was the fact you could add recurring future dated transactions. Many financial tracking tools do not have this. This was a make or break feature for me, as I like to see exactly how much money i will have in the bank in 30,60, 90 etc.. days in the future. Quicken does this, and does it wonderfully!

Cons:

The only con I can think of is there are too many features. I am by no means a power user, and just use the basic transaction features. I do not use any of the budgeting tools or other such things, but I am sure they are very useful to others. It would be nice to see a simple mode that turned off many of those features if you are not using them

Roger G.
Property Manager in
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

USe it daily and have since the early 1990,s

4 4 jaar geleden

Pros:

Puts all your finances in one place, updates all accounts with minimal keystrokes rather than having to go to each website yourself (Saving lots of time) works like an on-screen checkbook. See your net worth accounts and liabilities in one place. Navigation is easy as a click of the mouse.

Cons:

Intuit, the author, recently sold Quicken to an Investment Group. When Microsoft dropped MS Money, Quicken became the Monopoly in the market. Now the new company made some changes and icons are different, some screens have pop-up windows that don't work right, and the internet is full of complaints from long time users. Most of the glitches I found are minor, but changes were made so that everyone had to renew in-order to be able to access all your accounts online with Quicken, a strategy they may use to continually force upgrades and fees! Watch for this. This is what happens when someone sees a chance to capitalize on a monopoly!

David Y.
IT Directors in VS
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers

A Product Whose Time Has Passed

5 3 jaar geleden

Pros:

Quicken for more than a decade has been "the" standard for personal financial management and I used it for many years to track my families spending habits, transactions, retirement and more. It's "the" gold standard for anyone looking to track their financial health.

Cons:

Multiple online products, including Mint which is also owned by Intuit that makes Quicken, covers 90% of the features/functions that you would normally run on your computer. For those that don't want to trust their information to such web/cloud services then Quicken still remains a viable option. However, in recent years Quicken has begun to scale back on services like Bill Pay as banks and other online services take over. I don't think Quicken is going away any time soon, but it's very clear that it's time has passed and it's only a matter of time until Intuit makes the decision to retire the software.

Lynn S.
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Used the Software for: 1-5 maanden

Don't give up - it's probably worth it.

4 vorig jaar

Comments: I had used many different types of accounting software for small and large businesses. So when I wanted a software program for my own purposes, and to grow from our personal finances into a small side business, I expected to use Quickbooks because I was familiar. Someone recommended Quicken. I tried to set it up 3 times in a free trial period, but it seemed very difficult, so I let it slide. One slow day, I persevered and completed the set up. Thank goodness I did. Once the set up is complete, the functioning is so much smoother and easier than Quickbooks was for my purposes. I'm so glad I didn't give up. I am saving time and money by using Quicken now. Well worth the effort in the set up.

Pros:

The functionality has impressed me. It's bill pay feature is better than I had anticipated, and it's layout and easy viewing is making it one of my new favorite accounting software programs - and I've had many. I didn't think I would want to stray from Quickbooks, but 3 months in and I am thinking I may not want to ever go back. Correction.... I am thinking I may not ever NEED to go back.

Cons:

I was a little overwhelmed in the set up - which is why I set up my accounts in the free trial 3 times and let it sit for months. It seemed too daunting and I was scared it would be way too complex and difficult to navigate. I just didn't give it chance. Once you get past the start, it's way easier, I believe, than Quickbooks. Simpler, so it may not be for everyone, but it is for my purposes.

Cheryl H.

Great Personal Bookkeeping Software

5 6 maanden geleden

Comments: I really love using Quicken. I would definitely recommend it for use for personal bookkeeping.

Pros:

Quicken is very, very easy to use. It is great for bookkeeping for personal accounts. The basic Quicken does not track debt and investments, so if you want to do that you have to upgrade to the more expensive one.

Cons:

This software cannot really be used for business use. Also, I used to be able to buy the CD and install it on my computer and use it for 3 or 4 years. Now you have to pay a yearly fee to use the software. Also, when I bought the CD I could keep up with my loans and investments. Now you have to pay quite a bit more to do that.

Doug A.
The Boss in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

have to hold your nose to deal with thieving Intuit (maker of quicken)

4 vorig jaar

Comments: it sucks; see the cons.

Pros:

works most of the time but not always as upgrades have frequently broke my configured reports

Cons:

they changed to a subscription service a couple years ago and force you to pay every year when I (and millions of other users) were perfectly content with the software that we already paid them for. While I hated that they were extorting a fee from me I almost got taken by them again when I went to downgrade my service to the lowest level. Their order form online starts the subscription the day you do the downgrade rather than starting it after my existing, already paid, subscription ends (which results in them stealing another month of fees from me). I hate them but as my title suggests; I put up with them because there is no other product that does what it does as well.

Ruben H.
Consultant Engineer in Dominicaanse Republiek
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Another all-time favorite agonizes in the mobile era

4 3 jaar geleden

Comments: Quicken needs to move faster to mobile and cloud if it really wants to survive.
100% integration with QuickBooks, additional security features, support for more cloud backup providers are features that should be already available but are no show.
Intuit own's Mint App is an example of how Quicken should be but, for some reason, they have decided to continue working on the same outdated software instead of relaunching.
Still, Quicken is a big respected brand in the financial software world that continues to be one of my favorites.

Pros:

- A longtime runner with a big user fan base - The very familiar interface allows old users to upgrade without a steep learning curve - Very similar Mac and Windows version allows painless platform switch - Supports most banks and account syncing in The US - Does not require a monthly or annual fee

Cons:

- The interface is beginning to look a bit outdated compared to new mobile apps available for iOS and Android - No equivalent mobile version available - Cloud syncing and backup is limited and not easy to setup (dropbox required) - Version to version upgrades sometimes include little to no enough new features for the price (That's why some users are still using 5-8 years old versions)

Joseph D.
President in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Good bang for the buck for basic accounting

4 4 jaar geleden

Comments: Smaller businesses with less than 30 rentals, should be able to use this software and compensate for te deficiencies with desktop software like excel. This would be a very cost effective way of having computerized check register and reporting while minimizing software costs.

Pros:

Integration with almost every bank to download transactions automatically makes me confident that we will not miss any transaction and keeps me updated on our balances on a daily basis. Categories and Tags are very powerful and flexible tools that allow you to custom configure how you use the software and define your reporting requirements.

Cons:

Other than a good transaction register (with categories & Tags) , the program lacks many needed features for managing a rental business. The rental aspect is almost non-existaent.

owner in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Just works

5 9 maanden geleden

Comments: Works and just is what I need for my small business.

Pros:

I have been using quickens for a very long time, it works for my needs. I run a simple company and do not use many of the features that are provided. The one feature that I do like the most is being able to download from the bank to the program to make sure I have the correct balance. However, when you send out a check sometimes via the bank check program it may post twice when written then when cashed. Just something to keep in mind. It also works for when I need to start and complete my taxes.

Cons:

When you send out a check sometimes via the bank check program it may post twice when written then when cashed.

Darcy C.
Accountant in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Quicken Customer Service and product ease of functionality drop since Intuit Split

3 4 jaar geleden

Comments: After about two decades of relying on this software for myself and some clients, I am now reluctantly looking for a replacement program.

Pros:

It's super easy to utilize if you have basic bookkeeping experience and you are not accounting for investments. Menu options are sensibly grouped. Back up and restore super easy if you want to move copies of file(s) to different computers.

Cons:

Although this software has been very predictable and adequate for a long time, it has become less desirable since split from Intuit. Good luck getting thru to customer service, there have been so many complications to their change over that they are drowning in calls. Their operators are overwhelmed and seem to 'accidentally' hang up on a call all too frequently, after exhaustive hold times. I have been prompted repeatedly to change my passwords during the transition, and rather annoyingly, each time it is updated a different verification email is sent with a code that must be entered, that quickly expires. Don't get distracted, or you have to start all over! Just really inefficient, non-intuitive programming.

Jason A.
Business Owner in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Mostly good/ some annoyances

4 3 jaar geleden

Pros:

Links your bank account. Does recurring invoices Can file your taxes Payroll Can set up automatic payment for customers.

Cons:

Can link two recurring invoices for a customer. Ex. The regular monthly invoice then when the semi annual invoice needs to be billed it doesn’t link so I have to print two invoices. Also, when I print all the invoices it doesn’t print each person’s invoice right after the other. So I end up searching for that second invoice. It’s a mess. It sounds so confusing to read what I wrote. But basically sometimes I end up sending two separate envelopes on the same month for one customer because when it needs to be printed it doesn’t organize then invoices per customer.

Mike S.
President in VS
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Is there anything out there other than Quicken?????

1 4 jaar geleden

Comments: If I could give less than 1 star I would! I have been a huge supporter of Quicken in the past. I encouraged my kids and clients and anyone that would listen to use Quicken. Sorry!
I have now gone to using my online banking bill pay through my bank which is free!

Pros:

This used to be a great product! I have used it since 1993 to track my business finances and investments. It really helps at tax time.

Cons:

Support is worse than non-existent. It is March 8th and I have been trying to get support since the first week in January. I was on the phone with a rep for 2 hours trying to get bill pay to work. I was told to hang on I need to ask my manager about that and then hung up on. I tried chatting and was told that you cannot use chat for online bill pay. Called the support number and was told that there is a special number for online bill pay. I called that number and was told by the rep that I needed to go to quickenbillpay.com but he would stay on the line and would call me back if I got disconnected. That was a week ago. Still havent gotten at call. Went through the insutructions on the quickenbillpay.com website to set up a new account and it indicated it would take 2 -3 days to set up an account and I would receive 2 transactions on my bank statement from them. Check my statement and then come back and enter those figures to confirm I own the account. That was 6 days ago and still no transactions. Yesterday I received an email that I must send in 1. My drivers License. 2. My Social Security Card. 3. my most recent utility bill from water, gas, or electric company only. 4. A voided check from each account I want to use. Sounds like an internet scam to me. I called quicken and explained I wasn't comfortable sending all of this over the internet and by the way I have been paying for your services for 25 years and now you want all of this info. Their response is quicken was sold and that they are a new company and they have to have the info or no bill pay services! No wonder they bill pay services are now included in the Premier package. No one can use it! The bad part is I have all of my payments for cars, houses, utilities, credit cards set up for auto pay using quicken bill pay. Now I have to find another way to get them paid because it has taken 2 months and I still am not set up for bill pay. By the way they don't tell you this is what happens when you download Quicken 2018. Beware!