Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Symantec Endpoint Security reviews

Over Symantec Endpoint Security

Cloudgebaseerde software waarmee bedrijven fysieke en virtuele omgevingen kunnen beschermen tegen virussen en massa-malware.

Meer informatie over Symantec Endpoint Security

Ability to create groupings and assign each group their own individual protection scheme. Ease of localized and remote deployment with active directory integration.

It had the worst update "additional" app which worked for about 20% of time. It is heavy on resources.

Beoordelingen van Symantec Endpoint Security

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Symantec Endpoint Security heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 545 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Symantec Endpoint Security eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (545)

Anshuman
Anshuman
Security Analyst intern
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Well integrated endpoint protection software

3,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Idaly
Idaly
Project Manager in VS
Halfgeleiders, 10.000+ werknemers

Threats outside our system with the help of Symantec Endpoint Security.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It is a protection system with very broad capabilities, it protects us from ransomware, phishing and different types of viruses, monitoring is constant and automated, detections are accurate and with detailed reports, we benefit daily from Symantec Endpoint Security by keeping our information protected of cyber attacks.

It is a system that we use both in the cloud and in our facilities, so that we have a better use of the protection, I really like the user interface, the customization functions allow us to adapt it to our needs, the protection is very good, the monitoring it is effective, because against any threat Symantec Endpoint Security does not immediately protect itself.

During these years of using Symantec Endpoint Security we have not had any problems, at first we only had doubts, but they were resolved by the technical support team and some colleagues who had previous experience with this software.

Bodo
Bodo
Dir Eng in VS
Automotive, 11-50 werknemers

Good Virus Protection Suite

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

Wayne
Systems Analyst in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Symantec End-Point Security

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We were very satisfied with it once it was moved to a cloud based offering as opposed to an on-site server base. But once purchased by Broadcom, the changes in how it had to be renewed thru a reseller and the growing complexity of it, forced us to switch.

Highly Configurable, thus allowing rules to be added for exceptions or exclusions to programs that we needed to trust.

Became extremely complex and harder to renew once purchased by Broadcom several years back.

Chaucer
Chaucer
Accounting Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: • Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types.
• The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled.
• Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again."
I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Finan
Sales Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

Amazing Computer Security Features

5,0 3 maanden geleden

With this tool, we have the best computer security solution and we protect our systems from data breach thanks to data security features. It also serves as an anti virus and comes with data encryption features too.

With Symantec Endpoint Security, I have no complaints. It serves us well.

Matt
Matt
IT Systems Supervisor in VS
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Symantec Endpoint Security gets the job done

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This was a good solution and is a good solution for any organization, but for us we determined that we wanted a single provider for as much of our security suite as possible.

We needed something better than Windows Defender and Symantec offers centralized management, and reporting among other things. It worked well, but isn't perfect.

Symantec products are generally well put together, but it did not integrate well with our Cisco security suite and so we went with Cisco's solution after some time due to the lack of centralized management from a single console.

troy
closer in VS
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers

Good Security

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall easy to use and the interfence is like butter its very smooth.

Easy to use very good mobile options and does what is says it does. Protects

Not very strong at reporting and I swear I feel like my computer gets laggy

Sonu
Sonu
Operational Manager in India
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Antivirus for systems

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system. If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 501-1.000 werknemers

Protection at the best for emdpoint

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

-ease of agent installation -android ios installation -firewall policy -continous live update -integration with 3rd party is easier

-on prem sep is much more ease to use when compare to cloud

Mariusz
Manager in Polen
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Symantec Security

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Good software but a little bit havy. Computer slowed down after installation.

Computer slowed downs after installation

Dale
Network Admin in VS
Magazijnen/opslag, 51-200 werknemers

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Kory
Systems Administrator in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Beecher
Owner in VS
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Maleisië
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very effective endpoint protection software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Symantec Endpoint Security has been implemented on my workstation since forever, and it has working great in protecting my computer from any unwanted intruder or malicious program. It will constantly checking and scanning my files for any hidden threat.

Everything is working perfectly, unless if some of my legit files is tagged to be quarantine by this software. I will have to contacting my IT personnel and ask them to UN-quarantine those files and convincing them that it is a legit files, not a malicious program.

Mark
Partner in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Affordable business protection

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Works well, I would suggest giving it a try and determine for yourself, with these solutions feel its really a matter of personal preference sometimes.

It came with some of the new machines we were buying so we decided to actually give it a try and not give up too quickly and put some of the other solutions on we are more focused to use. It ended up working well for the time we used it.

Some other services out there that I feel allow you to do and it does a whole lot more. After trying other solutions carried on using them instead.

Marsha
Support Staff in Jamaica

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Çağrı
Çağrı
Product Development in Turkije
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great And Realible Software To Eliminate Viruses

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Symantec End Protection software for 8 years in total. I had some experience with other Virus Protection Softwares like Kaspersky and I can it is best product I have seen so far.Symantec has never disappointed me and never failed to my expectations. We haven't recognized any performance loss even we exposed some virus attacks .Symantec software working as shield to proctect your computer . In addition to this it gives customers effectiveness and productivty in detecting viruses and defending your computer .

What I like most about the Symantec is offering shield mechanism which protect my computer from different types of viruses. Addition to this it does not harm your computer procesesor and you never feel any performance degradation problem

I have experienced some problems regarding old version programs on my computer which I installed many years ago.Symantec struggle to complete authentication of older programs. Additon to this I have never recieved any virus search report after scan of my computer

Bankwezen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Good for Protection

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

Rob
Senior Technican in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Symantec Antivirus - Easy to deploy and Manage - Not effective against modern threats

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: While we liked the software from a management perspective the changes in licensing made it feel like they no longer valued as a customer. That combined with software that was not getting updated to handle modern threats have us moving to other software.

The software was very easy to deploy, the updates of versions and definitions were handled by the software automatically and it was very hands off. The console is easy to use and mostly intuitive.

We would sometimes need to use a special tool to remove the software when there would be issues with it and that could be time consuming. The licensing constantly was being changed and that caused several disruptions in our business process. The product has become less useful overtime as security threats have become less "virus" and "malware" and more software exploits and escalation of privledges.

Grace
Advocate in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, 51-200 werknemers

Friendly and secure for this user for 1 year now!

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: From a User's perspective, it keeps machines clear of infections without compromising performance or accessibility.

This software was installed by my organization administrators on all of our computers. As a user I am okay with not knowing how all the nuts and bolts work as long as I can utilize my machine the way I want to and do it safely. In over a year I have not heard of any computer at our organization getting an infection/malware! I am still able to access the internet how I would normally as well which is a big plus! (NO blocking of common social platforms or anything like that needed in my experience)

Honestly the only thing I really noticed even about this software running was a pop up that would notify me that my computer had been scanned and was clean. It was able to be closed easily so it wasn't a huge deal but it was a tiny annoyance when I was in a hurry to get onto a program when I first logged on.

Nancy
Risk Management in VS
Bankwezen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been pleased with the ability of the Symantec software to identify and prevent malware and unauthorized intrusions, as well as to alert me to potential issues. There is a cost associated with having this protection, but it is similar to competitors.

In today's internet based environment, a strong anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall software is a must. I have been pleased with the alerts provided by Symantec and have had no issues with malware or intrusions since I have had this tool installed on my PC.

I view computer security software tools similar to an insurance policy -- they are necessary because of the unpredictability of bad things happening. What I like least however, about Symantec or any similar tool, is that there is a somewhat significant cost to protect against this unpredictability.

Amber
Amber
Ticketing & Box Office Manager in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Barely Know It's There!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Tim
Tim
IT Technician in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Manny
Manny
Network Administrator in VS

My Favorite software

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software. They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.

rahul
senior infra engineer in Australië
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

SEP groomed product for end point protection

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Protection features IPS granularity of control Customisation backward compatibility

expensive to maintain and upgrade lack report feature UX ( user interface)