Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017
Tracy D.
Marketing Manager
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

Pluspunten: It's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

Minpunten: My annoyances with this software stem from the features - what is there and what is not there. One of my biggest gripes is that Quip believes it is "distracting and not necessary" (their words) to have the option of changing the color of the text. I disagree. As a business professional for the past 25 years, I can tell you there are instances where you need to color code text. I recently had a huge, very collaborative project that I wanted to base out of Quip and THE ONLY REASON I couldn't use Quip was because it had to be color coded and Quip doesn't do that. I've tried appealing to them but so far, no luck. Yet, one apparently "necessary" feature is that you can add an emoji or animated meme to your comments within a document. Really? And that is more important for business communications? I'm guessing this software is being created by a bunch of millennials. I don't begrudge millenials or the "fun" elements that are included, but give me the useful business functionality we have all become accustomed to over the past couple of decades if you truly want to compete for our word processing and spreadsheet needs.

An amazing platform to track your ideas

Beoordeeld op 25-3-2019
Nikhita K.
Production Engineer
Internet, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use quip to track our updates, design documents etc and it has proven to be a really powerful platform for the same.

Pluspunten: 1. I love quip as its the only good version controlled platform for taking notes that I have found in my industry experience of over 5 years.
2. Its easy to create public/private versions. I could easily create documents that are public (i.e. outside the firm) and private to me.
3. It is so easy to mark your favorite folders and share it across teams.
4. Its fast. I have found Google Docs to be a bit slower than quip.
5. You could easily import the content into a wiki or a word document with all the formatting intact.
6. You can create an excel sheet (or multiple sheets) in quip itself.
7. Onboarding and gettting used to the platform is really easy.

Minpunten: 1. It behaves odd when creating tables and adding pictures (like indentation sometimes screws up).
2. If you are looking for a platform to create animated documents, quip might not be your friend. It supports basic data representation objects like tables, pictures, worksheets but if you want audio etc, you want to goto powerpoint.

Best docu-sharing tool for a team

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Lisa B.
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would highly recommend Quip to any team needing to collaborate on a lot of documents. It keeps us extremely organized, we love the workflow features, and communication tools. We have tried using Google Drive in the past and have STRUGGLED with the shotty navigation and lack of tagging/communication options. Quip is exponentially better than any other docu-sharing tool we've used!

Pluspunten: Simple user interface and easy to onboard my employees. Quip keeps us very organized and is great for tagging each other in comments and collaborating in single documents. They have a number of workflow features that we've used several times to help manage project timelines, etc. I also love that I can share links to documents so clients can pop in and review without having to be added as a full user. We've reached out to customer support several times, especially during the onboarding process, and they have always been extremely helpful.

Minpunten: Notifications are a little overwhelming and difficult to manage. Very rarely we've had issues with pages not updating or saving, especially when there is a lot of text that has been copy/pasted.

Good Wiki Alternative

Beoordeeld op 1-6-2019
Programmer
Human Resources, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I really like Quip. Having used Confluence and various Wikis, I think this is about as good as it gets. There's room for improvement for sure, but 90% of the time it does what I want and I'm able to communicate what I want to colleagues.

Pluspunten: - Good for documentation
- It creates links to any part of the document for easy referencing
- The WYSIWYG editor works pretty well
- The keyboard shortcuts are good
- Embedded spreadsheets are neat (though I don't find I use them that often)
- Comment functionality really neat, including the ability to "resolve" comments.
- Edit History works well

Minpunten: - I really hate how embedded images work. It's bordering on impossible to make it look how you want and you'll have to compromise on it looking sort of crappy
- The search could use some help
- The auto numbered or unordered list stuff is annoying as hell and takes some finagling to get around. If you have a "1." then an image, if you type "2." it'll change it into "1." because it thinks you're starting a new numbered list because of the image. Really annoying.
- When I look at the Recently Updated list and click "Mark All As Read" why don't all of them become unread? This annoys me more than it should, but why don't they all get makred Read?!

Powerful collaboration tool

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2018
Neeraj H.
Data Analytics Professional
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Productivity, Collaboration, Central repository.

Pluspunten: I use quip mainly to organize my work and collaborate with my team members in documenting feature requirements. Product feature requirements are dynamic - in that, they change often. The ability to have one central location from where all of us can access it makes this a huge time saver for all. It also prevents unnecessary emails as users can chat / comment directly on quip. It also has the ability to create private folders which I use to store work in progress ideas and the ability to restrict access to some files / folders to specific people.

Minpunten: Quip requires the internet and often I forget that I have to be connected to save changes. Although it has the ability to add spreadsheets, I don't use it much. Also, have noticed when I copy paste code into code-blocks, the pasted content does not fit within the default page-width, but creates a horizontal scroll-bar within the code-block. It's a bit of an irritant to correct that every time.

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018
Investigator II
Farmaceutica, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

Pluspunten: So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Minpunten: Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Collaboration and management of documents in one place.

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Matt S.
Interior Desing
Detailhandel, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its environment and interface allow to have an experience that counts as an important factor to select it as a necessary software within the work environment, allows it to be integrated with other complementary platforms and that generates a greater scope of its capabilities.

Pluspunten: No doubt power and facilitates collective work, the platform has a nice appearance that allows easy recognition of your commands and functions, in general it is easy to use by any team to create and edit documents, slides, spreadsheets and initiate direct chat with your team, the most favorable point is that you can do all that while staying on the same platform.

Minpunten: It is flexible and dynamic but it does have elements that must be adjusted and improved to strengthen the relationship and interaction with the user so that he or she can personalize their work environment and adapt it to the needs of the company and the department that uses it.

Quip is my one app to create, organize, and collaborate in almost all kinds of documents.

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2018
Jeffry T.
Contributing Writer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's very easy to collaborate on a document. You just add people to it. All the changes are logged so you can see all the things that happen to your document. You can also create all kinds of documents on Quip, from the everyday text document and spreadsheet to the specific kanban board and project tracker (with a little help from Live apps).

Minpunten: The app lacks the ability to add tags - which will be very helpful to further organize the documents. It also doesn't hurt to add the font-customization feature so that users can set the look and feel of the working environment to their liking.

Quit passing email and documents around!

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2016
Michael H.
Head Coach
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success. But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results. Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot. End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.

Pluspunten: VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone! Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Minpunten: Very minor detail here - more of a feature enhancement request. It would be great to tie in some sort of task management, e.g. something with due dates that alert you.

Great way to collaborate

Beoordeeld op 10-5-2018
Joby I.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents.
Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers.
For free its hard to find a better product

Minpunten: I would like to see the ability to copy documents between different quip accounts. I'd also like to see direct connections to excel of numbers, to give some more power to some of the features

Good for smaller groups.

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2018
Tutor
E-learning, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love how Quip allows you to create both shared and private documents. The language feature is really great (i.e. it is completely functional in Spanish). The folder system is really helpful and is easy to be organized, even with different groups. You can comment on the documents, tag people, and even comment on photos. All changes are tracked.

Minpunten: Once we got to be a much bigger group, it became less functional because you cannot directly access Google Suite with it. We needed to expand more, and Quip didn't allow for that.

Google Docs on Steroids

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2018
International Development Manager
Sport, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have rolled Quip out to multiple departments and teams over the past few years.

Pluspunten: Continuing improvement in the feature set. The software was good when we started using it 2.5 years ago. However, the improvements continually made month after month have really made the product shine. We really get use out of the full index/searching capability.

Minpunten: A few basic things that would mimmic Excel functionality, like the ability to freeze columns on mobile, or hide rows/columns on both the desktop and mobile.

Quip and Quip for Salesforce

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2018
Desirae S.
Data Quality Professional
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quip is a great addition for any company with its easy to use style of collaboration and flexibility in security and structure. I'd like to see a lot more training videos on how to leverage Quip for things like Project Management to plant those seeds and help companies grow and realize the full potential of this application.

Pluspunten: Salesforce recently added Quip to it's suite of products and we couldn't be happier. We have been searching for a project management application as well as a solution for sharing documents and data while not housing inside our Salesforce org, due to storage limitations. We see Quip as being that all in one application that can solve many of these needs in our organization. It is powerful, flexible, offers free and paid apps like a project management app and allows for flexibility with security of files and folders. Not to mention the live chat and collaboration features it offers. A great all around solution for anything you can't already solve in your standard Salesforce Org.

Minpunten: I have requested several specific demos from our sales team so that we can more fully realize what Quip can do to meet some of our more basic needs. We've been given links to sales demos which don't address our specific needs. Once we get an idea on what we can do with it and how, it will drive more ideas and creativity for our team, we're just having a hard time getting started.

All in one platform to manage the entire documents and other tools in a single platform

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019
Ebin E.
Founder & CEO
Human Resources, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have increased the productivity of our employees and thus our core goal of high productivity is achieved.

Pluspunten: We really like Quip the way it is built as the platform itself acts as a source to maintiain all the tools like docs, chat etc. in this single app itself. Quip is the best way to manage all the different tabs under one window. The major hike is with the single window system where all the needed plugins are added and can be managed. Quip is the one and only platform to simplify the user burden of maintaining multiple apps and multiple windows.

Minpunten: The UI is very hard to understand at the first time and for newcomers.

Best collaboration software i've used!

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2019
Justin H.
Instructional Designer
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Quip makes it incredibly easy to collaborate with others on shared document writing. I work with a number of people who may not easily adopt new software, and Quip's simple and familiar interface allow them to begin working quickly and without fear. I lead teams of 15+ people working on the same projects, and can easily monitor progress and who is editing what!

Minpunten: I have very few cons for Quip - most of which would be a desire to see more features, although this would likely come with the trade off that it would become more complex. No real complaints for me.

Effective text editor.

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

Minpunten: While I am able to edit documents by myself offline.To collaboratively edit documents,I have to be online and this requires a stable internet connection.

Ease of use, some missing features, bad upgrade on Mac

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
Istvan P.
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: -Very easy to use even at the first time
-0 delay at collaboration
-nice mini apps for documents
-good integration of comments with chat function

Minpunten: -inconsistent user interface (document and tables)
-no formating in the pop-up menu for tables
-very bad upgrade utility on Mac (it tends to fall back to earlier version and stops sync - support gives no help to resolve)

Quip review

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018
iTunes Promotions Producer
Consumentenelektronica, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In my experience, I've really enjoyed using Quip to easily house documents and spreadsheets with a friendly and easy to use interface.

Pluspunten: Quip is a great tool to use for collaborative work. Often times, my team would have to share multiple versions of the same spreadsheet, but with Quip, you can see real-time updates from colleagues and communicate all within the app.

Minpunten: While it is great for collaboration, the tool becomes glitchy when it contains a large amount of data. There have been instances of lost work due to inability to save changes. If you are working with large spreadsheets with multiple tabs, it could become too much for the tool to handle.

Fantastic for Small Project Management and Collaboration

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2017
Yana O.
Healthcare Analyst
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quip provides unique ability to create, edit and share highly customized documents/spreadsheets. Quip doesn't have a structure to follow for project management, so it requires a lot of upfront time commitment and development. However, after creating the needed documents and templates, it is the perfect tool.
Specifically, great to use for mind-mapping, checklists, embedded spreadsheets/tracking.

Pluspunten: Integrates with Google Drive, version control, file attachment, collaboration, custom templates, slack integration, flexibility, permissions control, great interface, easy to use

Minpunten: No internal task delegation/planning features, no report building

I would like the old Quip back!

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018
Alvaro V.
Operations
Online media, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Quip does a great job at being a very easy-to-use app when it comes to having collaborative documents to share for work. I like how different team members can contribute and leave their input simultaneously with other coworkers.

Minpunten: The new UI makes things and tools hard to find. With an extremely clean look where the color white is so predominant, buttons are difficult to see and getting your work done may be more difficult.

Easy to use, simple, accessbile

Beoordeeld op 9-11-2017
Holly S.
Program Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the commenting and accessibility features. I also appreciate the organization of the software. It makes it easy to use and navigate.

Minpunten: I feel like the app could use some updating to make it more mobile friendly. I also wish there could be more editing ability in Quip.

The best cloud based online collaborative writing tool

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016
Patrick S.
Business Analyst
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quip is my team's go to utility for writing documents together. Google Docs is probably one of the most well known cloud based document editors that facilitates collaboration between team members. However, its collaborative elements always seemed tacked on. You can tell that Quip was built to be a team writing tool from the ground up.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. It's "stupid easy" to invite people to collaborate on a document. Comments are a breeze. Paragraphs auto-lock when you are editing them to avoid confusion. You can track your team members usage.

Minpunten: I wish that reviewing, version control, and security were stronger. The inclusion of approval processes and flows would be extremely welcome.

Unlimited Free Trial

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2017
Jess R.
Marketing Strategist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Unlimited free trial and great for text-based collaboration

Pluspunten: Quip allows you to try their platform for free as long as you need, so you can really figure out whether or not it works for your team before you invest in the paid version. Compared to other products that have a time-limited free trial, Quip offers a much better evaluation period.

Minpunten: The ability to upload images and PDFs is limited at best. It's easier to upload a photo album on Facebook and share it with your team than it is to do the same thing in Quip. Great for text based documents, however.

Very Customizable!

Beoordeeld op 27-2-2019
Kelly C.
Learning Ops
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like how you can add a spreadsheet or a check list to a document. It's very customizable and the functionality to create it all is easy to use.

Minpunten: Creating a spreadsheet into Quip is not the best. I feel like there is always a delay or a "lag" when editing or dragging cells. It's not the best option to use when creating a spreadsheet. Might stick to Excel for that part.

A refreshing way to collaborate and communicate in document creation

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2017
Eric B.
Instructional Designer
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The big takeaway is that Quip uniquely enables you and your colleagues to create a multi-asset document in one place, together.

Pluspunten: Quip enables users to build a rich, multimedia, and multi-asset document in one location. Do you need to create a document that includes a calendar, spreadsheet, and kanban board all in the same place? Quip can do that.

Minpunten: While the interface has improved recently, it is still a little difficult to navigate from your document to the folder in which it is contained. Also, Quip could make better use of icons for identifying content types.