Upper Hand reviews

Over Upper Hand

De innovatieve sport- en fitnesssoftware levert ervaringen van wereldklasse door middel van technologie en ontwerp.

Meer informatie over Upper Hand

I love how easy it is to use and can get revenue reports and NO DOUBLE BOOKING.

A current big miss is the drag and drop feature for events as well as the ability to cancel classes or customers from a class directly from the schedule.

Beoordelingen van Upper Hand

3,9
3,8
Waar voor je geld
4,0

Upper Hand heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 106 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Upper Hand eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (106)

Josh

Creating Margin

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I am highly satistfied.

The main reason I switched to upperhand was to cut down on the time I was spending with scheduling and coaches’ payroll and I have been extremely satisfied. I am spending much less time on that and more time on actually growing the business

There are some calendar features I would like to see implemented such as “drag and drop” and a direct link from the calendar session to the client profile. There are also changes I feel are important to the client experience. Many clients get confused between parent and participant profiles. That’s the number one headache I have and the biggest complaint I get from clients is confusion beteeen profiles.

6 maanden geleden

Hi Josh, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so excited to hear that you've been able to refocus your time and energy into growing your business -- that's the reason we do what we do! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our platform to better support your business and provide a better client experience. We've taken your suggestions and concerns to our product team. Thank you again for providing your feedback, and hope you have a great day! We're looking forward to continue watching your business grow! CK

Liz
CEO in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Easy for customers, but lacks some bells and whistles

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Upper Hand doesn't have as many features as our old software, which makes it a little harder to use when you're used to having tons of control. But the plus side is that it does a few things very, very well. Overall our customers are having a much easier time using this software, and it's straightforward if you're doing straightforward things with it.

The software is pretty easy for customers to use, and we have a lot more customers doing their own account management vs. asking me to do it like they did with our last CRM. It looks great, and creating events is very easy.

It's hard to tell what your customers owe. Different things are managed in different places - to cancel a lesson you have to go to the contacts tab, to mess with a membership you have to go to the membership tab (can't do it from the contacts page), to see what people owe you have to go to reports. It's hard to shift money around if a customer buys one thing and then decides they wanted something else instead. Also, it sends way too many emails, including a receipt that makes customers think they've been double charged because of the way it's worded.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Liz, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that your clients find our software easy to use--that is one of our main goals! However, we are sorry to hear that certain functionality could be improved. I have passed along your feedback to our product team so that we can continue to improve for your use cases. Thank you again for your candid feedback, and have a great day!

Rob
Owner & Director of Operations in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Upper Hand review

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In the beginning, I was very discouraged from all of the bugs that caused frustrations with me as the Administrtor and also negatively affected our end user clients. I know we lost some clients in the beginning due to them not understanding the UpperHand software and how to use it. At times, there are spurts where there are a lot of bugs. Some of these bugs force me to lose clients and lose business.

This is the first and only Scheduling and Payment processing software I've used for my business, so I don't have any comparison. It does allow clients to schedule and pay on their own which is what I want.

The lack of customization creates lots of issues for my business and how we schedule.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for choosing Upper Hand and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that our software is helpful for your scheduling and payment needs, however we're sorry to hear that you hit some bugs and that the customization could be improved for your business. We would like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Natasha
Marketing Coordinator in VS

Great for Lessons

4,0 vorig jaar

UpperHand has made it very easy for our clients to book lessons and apply credits from bulk packages. Also made it easier for instructors to see who scheduled lessons with them. Instead of waiting for an email form our training director.

Still have to do a work around if an instructor needs to be listed for multiple sessions the same day but is flagged as a conflict.

vorig jaar

Hi Natasha, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that the software has enhanced your staff and client experience when purchasing and scheduling lessons. We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to best fit your business needs. Thank you again for the kind words, and hope you have a great day!

CHRIS

Great Support, Developing Product

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have a facility with multiple zones, with different thigns going on in them depending on the day , and even hour. The software helps us keep everything staffed, organized, and paid.

We like how easily we can add and change things and how it tailors well to our use case. The team is also very responsive and the software continues to improve.

Reporting needs to be stronger and more actionable.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We're excited to hear your positive feedback that our software has been great for your use case and easy to use! We hope you find that our updated reporting features within the UP Financial Suite add value to your business. Thanks again and have a great day!

Peter
General Manager in VS

Love this software.

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The set up was process was well executed. The customer service was fantastic after the set up.

The Service and response is fantastic. The people I worked with are courteous and patient. I love working with them and it is nice to know that they are there when we need them.

Signing up a new client could be a little easier

5 maanden geleden

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear that your switch from Mindbody has been a good one, and that you've had such a positive experience with our team as you've been onboarded onto the software. We're looking forward to watching your business grow! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our platform to give you and your clients a better experience. We have taken your feedback to our product team! Thank you again for the kind words, and hope you have a great day! CK

Shanel
Director in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Upper Hand for facility owners

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The pricing is steep in comparison to the features.

I love the ease of setting up programs and clinics. The software is great for creating clinics with easy to understand prompts.

The software features are not robust enough to manage a facility. The reporting function lacks features to easily capture daily sales. The mobile reports feature doesn't exist. The software is great for clinics but cumbersome for recurring classes and front desk check in.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Shanel, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that setting up your programs and clinics is easy, and ease of use for your clients has been improved. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better serve your needs. Have a great day!

Trainer in VS

Great Business Tool

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It has helped me a lot so far!

Really nice way to have all your clients in one system.

Can be confusing especially on the customer face, when signing up for the first time. I commonly get questions about the schedule as they cannot see it before they sign up for a package or membership.

6 maanden geleden

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the software! We're so glad to hear that our platform has helped your business and keep your clients organized in one system! That said, we greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can create a better scheduling experience for you and your clients. Thank you again for the review, and hope you enjoy your day! CK

Jennifer
Director of Marketing in VS

Upper Hand review

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: So far its been a good tool for us that is much less expensive than what our company was previously utilizing.

Ease of use and ability to schedule events quickly.

Not able to move credits around very easily

6 maanden geleden

Hi Jennifer, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and are glad to hear that you find it easy to use and quickly schedule your events. However, we're sorry to hear that you've experienced some challenges with managing client credits. Thank you again for providing feedback, and hope you enjoy your day! CK

Jameson
Jameson
Founder & Owner in VS
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Great start and potential

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has certainly given my coaches more independence to function on their own and manage their own sessions. I have needed to send out fewer reminders and be the "middle man" much less.

I like that it is automated and allows for me to focus more time on delivering my services rather than registering and recording participants

I would like the communication to clients to be more customization and I would like my clients to have an easier time navigating the software. I receive a lot of "please help" emails for relatively simple and common things. (like signing up for a session or unscheduling a session).

3 jaar geleden

Hi Jameson, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Upper Hand! We are glad to hear that using Upper Hand has allowed you to focus more on delivering services to your clients and less on admin work! That is our entire mission! Also, thank you for sharing feedback on communication. Our most recent updates were focused around improving the communication with new event reminders and we have much more coming! Plan on hearing from us soon to schedule a call to review these features and get your feedback. Thank you again and have a great day!

Myles
General Manager in VS
Professionele training en coaching, 11-50 werknemers

Feedback

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: UpperHand support has been outstanding. We are new to the system, but any questions we have had are quickly and easily answered by the support system here. I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.

I like that the software allows for us to schedule and book lessons, rentals, and more with ease. It is nice that the calendar view helps us see and access sessions directly from that same view.

It is frustrating with the payment set up. It is difficult that the way a session is booked also completely dictates how payment is done. For example, if someone wants to schedule say 8 weeks of lessons. If we book it one by one, as 8 individual sessions, payment is set up as 8 individual payments. So they come in and say, "Oh I'm paying for all of this at once". We then have to physically go in to each event and pay those out individually. That is annoying and time consuming, but that is the less cumbersome of the outcomes. In the other way, lets say we book someone for 8 sessions and set it up as 8 sessions in the system. Then the client comes in and says "I'd like to just pay for tonight". We can't even do that. We would have to delete the entire event and re book it as individual sessions because the payment would be set up where it wants the entire session paid for all at once. It would be awesome if we could just pay for what they want and the event would mark it as such. Something where we click what is being paid for and the system holds the balance or lets us know what is still unpaid or needs to be paid would help a lot.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Myles, Thanks for taking the time to write this review! In addition to your positive experience with support, we are happy to hear that Upper Hand has allowed you to book lessons and rentals with ease, and that you've had a great experience with the calendar! We also appreciate your feedback on the various use cases regarding client payment. This is something our team is actively working on, in addition to a few other exciting payment-related enhancements. If you have more feedback, please let your point of contact know and they'll be happy to schedule a time and provide an update on the timeline of these features. Thanks again for the review! Have a great day.

Christopher
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Value

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

Ashleigh

Great Software for Small Business

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall UpperHand has done it’s best to provide a great service and cater to my company’s specific needs

- Customer support is unmatched - Account manager very helpful and communicative - Love the features

- Features are sometimes hard to figure how to use on own

3 jaar geleden

Hi Ashleigh, Thanks so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with support and your account manager. Have a great day!

Matt
Director of Operations/Lead Hitting Instructor in VS

Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating. There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates: 1. Easy attendee view from the calendar 2. Simple event check-in drawer 3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns 4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

Sarah
Director of Operations in VS

Customer service is second to none. The Upperhand team is knowledgeable and always willing to help.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

As a small basketball organization, Upperhand software has provided a platform for our clients to register for our training online, as well as schedule their sessions and keep track of their payments. As a result, we have become more organized in tracking the payments we receive. We have also been able to build a database of clients and can streamline our communication with them through the software.

As with any software, we as an organization have to monitor and update payment and scheduling information through the Upperhand system. For example, if an athlete forgets to schedule his/her training session, we have to go in and manually schedule it for them. Otherwise, their credit will not be deducted from their account.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for the review and your continued support, Sarah!

Nicole
Operations manager in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Needs a few updated features but overall I am liking it

4,0 6 maanden geleden

I enjoy the Memberships option and payment plans

The fact that clients can’t use their credits for all of their participants. Each participant needs to purchase packages and they can’t be shared for all the kids in the family

5 maanden geleden

Hi Nicole, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our membership and payment plan options have been helpful for your business. We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product for your use case. Thank you again for the review, and hope you have a great day! CK

Joe

The BEST SCHEDULING app

5,0 6 maanden geleden

I love how easy it is to use and can get revenue reports and NO DOUBLE BOOKING

Wish you could send out a MASS EMAIL not just for an event. Wish you had a call hotline. The bubble nobody ever answers

6 maanden geleden

Hi Joe, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that you find Upper Hand easy to use, and that it has helped you avoid double booking! We're happy to hear that the reporting capabilities have been beneficial for your business! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our software and better serve you and your business. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope you have a great day! CK

Andy
Owner/lead instructor in VS

Enjoyable experience!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: From sales, to implementation, to support overall, the experience has been pleasant.

Accommodating, intuitive, artificial intelligence, customer centric

No timeline given on expressed changes or upgrades to improve customer or user experience

3 jaar geleden

Hi Andy, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the product and have had a pleasant experience! Is there a specific feature you have not received a timeline on? If so, please let us know at [email protected] so we can assist! Thank you again and have a great day!

Donnie

D-BAT Pearl

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I am very pleased with the system.

I like the scheduling the best. Easy to set up new events.

Point of sale could. The credit card machine has been a problem. Would like to see some work on the way we send emails.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Donnie, Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear that you're pleased with the system. Have a great day!

Morgan
CPA, coach in VS

UpperHand

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a very good experience. When something comes up, whether a customer has a problem using the software or I need help with something on our end, the customer support team has been very responsive and helpful.

I like the ease of this software, both for the customer and our company. It is super easy to send out marketing and information emails to all contact or select groups. I also like being able to track different data in the system.

There are some features that could be updated to better fit our company, which I have been able to discuss with the customer service team. Some of the reporting could be enhanced.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear you and your customers find our software easy to use --that's our main goal! We're happy to hear you've had a great experience with our support team, and we look forward to working with you to make our product better for your use case(s). Have a great day!

Jon

UpperHand

4,0 2 jaar geleden

I like being able to set up automatic payments for customers.

There are some features that do not fit our business, such as there is no option for automatic family discounts and memberships.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Jon, Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are glad you've had a positive experience with our software, however we are sorry to hear that there are some missing features for your specific use case(s). We are always looking for ways to improve, so I have passed your feedback along to our product team! Thank you again, and have a great day!

George
Academy Director and Founder in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

The Support is 2nd to None!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wanted to find a software program that would not only free up my time on the soccer field but to offer the convenience for families to schedule and pay for sessions on-line. Their customer service is the #1 reason why I continue to work them as a partner. I specifically work with our rep, who is by far been my right hand person for my business! UpperHand has exceeded my expectations as a partner and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Camp registration saved us valuable time and money. The ability to pay my trainers directly from the software program. The software and website are easy to navigate internally and the feedback we received from the customer's side has only been positive.

I would like to see the ability to add waiver's online.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks for the review George!

Janie

Membership Issues

1,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Scheduling

I like that we can use it to book and pay for lessons

The membership that are supposed to be helpful for auto renewal are sometimes more trouble than what they are worth. Either we need that fixed or we need to do away with the memberships.

6 maanden geleden

Hi Janie, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the software. We're glad to see the growth your business has experienced since implementing Upper Hand, but are sorry to hear that recently, you've been running into some membership-related issues. Your account manager and the Upper Hand support team have been in touch to help you solve this problem. While we get things sorted out, we're happy to hear that our lessons scheduling and payments capabilities have helped you grow your business. Hope you have a nice day! CK

Tim

Not there yet!

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Was told features I requested numerous times were coming soon but never came. We purchased a website through them and was told we owned the site until we went to cancel service. We were definitely mislead by the salesman or company.

Site was easy to use for the most part.

Lacking several must have features that my new software program has. Also had numerous occasions where I cancelled a client but they continued to get charged through Upperhand. Made me and my business look bad.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Tim, Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations, and we are sorry to see you go. Again, we appreciate your honest feedback on how we can continue to improve our product.

Gabriela
Assistant Manager in VS

D-BAT COS Review

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very responsive when we encounter our issues

It’s organized, and we now enjoy receiving reminders for camps, clinics, and lessons.

It’s not retail friendly at all. We encounter so many issues daily as far as scheduling lessons, camps, and clinics. We have a lot of issues editing contact information, and we have always had issues with our app connected to the system.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Gabriela, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad you find the camps/ clinics/ lessons aspects easy to use. However, we are sorry to hear that the retail functionality can be boosted for your use cases. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we may continue to improve to better serve your business and clients. Thank you again, and have a great day!