Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Upper Hand

De innovatieve sport- en fitnesssoftware levert ervaringen van wereldklasse door middel van technologie en ontwerp.

Meer informatie over Upper Hand

I love how easy it is to use and can get revenue reports and NO DOUBLE BOOKING.

Beoordelingen van Upper Hand

3,9
3,8
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Upper Hand heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 109 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Upper Hand eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (109)

Josh

Creating Margin

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I am highly satistfied.

The main reason I switched to upperhand was to cut down on the time I was spending with scheduling and coaches’ payroll and I have been extremely satisfied. I am spending much less time on that and more time on actually growing the business

There are some calendar features I would like to see implemented such as “drag and drop” and a direct link from the calendar session to the client profile. There are also changes I feel are important to the client experience. Many clients get confused between parent and participant profiles. That’s the number one headache I have and the biggest complaint I get from clients is confusion beteeen profiles.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Josh, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so excited to hear that you've been able to refocus your time and energy into growing your business -- that's the reason we do what we do! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our platform to better support your business and provide a better client experience. We've taken your suggestions and concerns to our product team. Thank you again for providing your feedback, and hope you have a great day! We're looking forward to continue watching your business grow! CK

Jiselle
Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

So convenient!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The entire process has been easy from the initial request for information, to setting up our programs and events. Would definitely recommend their software!

Being a non-profit that is focused on many aspects, this software helps me in each one. The many programs we run, employee tracking, and in the near future, facility management. You aren't really limited to what you can do with this software. If it isn’t something they currently do, they are open to any and all ideas to make it even more user friendly. Whatever makes it easier for us!

The only downside is some of the small things that we aren’t able to customize ourselves, as far as special questions in the account creation process. Since they are always updating and coming up with ideas, I’m sure it will happen soon.

4 jaar geleden

Hi there Jiselle, We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has worked out for you and has helped manage your programs and staff. It's always humbling to hear how we're able to make our customers' lives easier. We're also happy that you have found the software very customizable and flexible - that is music to our ears! We put a lot of work into hearing our customers' feedback, so we're glad to hear it's serving its purpose and helping you out. Have a great day, and thanks for the review!

Andrew
Sport, 11-50 werknemers

Review of hub

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It has gotten faster and better by the day s mouth, year!

Still has too many steps for calendar view to see full view of instructors

2 maanden geleden

Hi Andrew, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear that our software has continued to improve each day/ month/ year! And, we greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve the app to best fit your business's needs. Thank you again for your kind words and feedback, and hope you have a great day! - CK

Alex

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A good looking product that still has some development needed

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The support staff, or specifically our point of contact, has been very responsive, helpful, and helped implement developments directly related to our request to the entire product. However, the software clearly still has bugs, and is run by developers, not consumers.

It is a good looking product, and appears very professional from both customer and business ends. It has a lot of functionalities, and has the foundation to eventually be able to handle everything a business might need as far as management.

Many of the features are limited, i.e. it has a payroll tracker, but no payroll integration, or it has accounting functions, but not ones that are actually usable from an accounting perspective.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Alex, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that the foundations of the software have been impactful for your business and that you've had a positive experience with our support team. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve the software, especially from an accounting standpoint, to better serve your business and use cases. Your feedback will help us continue to build out our software to support your growing business. Thank you again for the feedback, and hope you have a nice day! CK

Natasha
Marketing & Creative Coordinator in VS

Great Customer Service!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service has been exceptional.

We initially go it for our training sessions located at our warehouse location. It has been great especially with the app. Coaches are able to see on their end if they have anyone signed without having to go us. Clients are able to sign up via the app if they didn't get a chance to do it ahead of time. We also use UpperHand to create a new website which has been great overall.

You can't group programs together. You have to do multiple links for the same event.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Natasha, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experiences with our app and customer service. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better serve your needs. Thank you again and have a great day!

Rob
Owner & Director of Operations in VS

Upper Hand review

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In the beginning, I was very discouraged from all of the bugs that caused frustrations with me as the Administrtor and also negatively affected our end user clients. I know we lost some clients in the beginning due to them not understanding the UpperHand software and how to use it. At times, there are spurts where there are a lot of bugs. Some of these bugs force me to lose clients and lose business.

This is the first and only Scheduling and Payment processing software I've used for my business, so I don't have any comparison. It does allow clients to schedule and pay on their own which is what I want.

The lack of customization creates lots of issues for my business and how we schedule.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for choosing Upper Hand and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that our software is helpful for your scheduling and payment needs, however we're sorry to hear that you hit some bugs and that the customization could be improved for your business. We would like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Liz
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Easy for customers, but lacks some bells and whistles

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Upper Hand doesn't have as many features as our old software, which makes it a little harder to use when you're used to having tons of control. But the plus side is that it does a few things very, very well. Overall our customers are having a much easier time using this software, and it's straightforward if you're doing straightforward things with it.

The software is pretty easy for customers to use, and we have a lot more customers doing their own account management vs. asking me to do it like they did with our last CRM. It looks great, and creating events is very easy.

It's hard to tell what your customers owe. Different things are managed in different places - to cancel a lesson you have to go to the contacts tab, to mess with a membership you have to go to the membership tab (can't do it from the contacts page), to see what people owe you have to go to reports. It's hard to shift money around if a customer buys one thing and then decides they wanted something else instead. Also, it sends way too many emails, including a receipt that makes customers think they've been double charged because of the way it's worded.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Liz, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that your clients find our software easy to use--that is one of our main goals! However, we are sorry to hear that certain functionality could be improved. I have passed along your feedback to our product team so that we can continue to improve for your use cases. Thank you again for your candid feedback, and have a great day!

Natasha
Marketing Coordinator in VS

Great for Lessons

4,0 2 jaar geleden

UpperHand has made it very easy for our clients to book lessons and apply credits from bulk packages. Also made it easier for instructors to see who scheduled lessons with them. Instead of waiting for an email form our training director.

Still have to do a work around if an instructor needs to be listed for multiple sessions the same day but is flagged as a conflict.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Natasha, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that the software has enhanced your staff and client experience when purchasing and scheduling lessons. We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to best fit your business needs. Thank you again for the kind words, and hope you have a great day!

Kevin

UH Implementation

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good so far. A couple hiccups in the beginning but most of that was our team learning the SW and how to navigate around. The UH Post Sales and Customer Support teams are very good.

The SW platform allowed us to move off the "freeware" we were using to a combined platform at an affordable price. Although some of the features are not very intuitive, there are ways available to get what you need done.

Initial setup was not easy as there was no way of importing customer data that we had from other platforms, so we had to have all of our customer profiles created from scratch. Not a big deal, but time consuming.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Kevin, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that our training and support teams have been helpful in getting your staff onboarded to the software. We are looking forward to growing with you! Have a great day!

Jameson
Jameson
Founder & Owner in VS
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Great start and potential

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has certainly given my coaches more independence to function on their own and manage their own sessions. I have needed to send out fewer reminders and be the "middle man" much less.

I like that it is automated and allows for me to focus more time on delivering my services rather than registering and recording participants

I would like the communication to clients to be more customization and I would like my clients to have an easier time navigating the software. I receive a lot of "please help" emails for relatively simple and common things. (like signing up for a session or unscheduling a session).

4 jaar geleden

Hi Jameson, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Upper Hand! We are glad to hear that using Upper Hand has allowed you to focus more on delivering services to your clients and less on admin work! That is our entire mission! Also, thank you for sharing feedback on communication. Our most recent updates were focused around improving the communication with new event reminders and we have much more coming! Plan on hearing from us soon to schedule a call to review these features and get your feedback. Thank you again and have a great day!

Dale
Co-Owner in VS

Had enough

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not good.

Nothing really. I wish I could say something positive but there really is nothing.

I switched from mindbody to save money. I guess you get what you pay for. After several bug issues we just figured out we had a group of clients not being charged the last two months. Their credit cards were dumped out of the system. So now we have to call these clients ask for their credit cards and tell them we need to charge them twice. Unacceptable and the last straw. To top it off my business partner called left a message and they didn’t even bother to get back w us.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Dale, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Upper Hand. Our Head of Accounts has reached out to schedule a call to be sure we get these issues resolved. Thank you for your feedback, and have a great day!

Christopher
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Value

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

Robert
Executive Director in VS
Sport, 51-200 werknemers

Utah Youth Tennis

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For the most part, it's been very good.

It's very easy to use. I enjoy the reliability and support.

I wish it had a little more flexibility in the functionality so that I could tailor it to the specific needs of my organization.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear you find our software easy to use and have had a positive experience with our support team! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve flexibility and functionality for your specific use case(s). I have passed this along to our team to continue the discussion on how we can tailor our software to fit your needs. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Mark
Director of Sales & Marketing in VS
Sport, 11-50 werknemers

4D Hockey

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: While we do like many of the features, the way we were told they would work is not happening. When we bring issues to Support, there is mostly no fix and we are told there’s nothing that can be done to fix it OR they don’t know why it doesn’t work.

The overall look and concept of how it’s supposed to work.

Unable to refund money (not just credits). The inability to assign time frames to resources. The inability to share credits for a family. The inability to transfer credits. The banking reporting is not clear. Cannot add check numbers to the record of payment, only amounts. Inability for one-time guest check out. Inability for clients to are available times on the calendar prior to selecting how many sessions they want to purchase. Would love to have a calendar view for people to see when they browse events.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Mark, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that overall, many of the features have been helpful for your business. We appreciate you sharing your concerns on how we can continue to improve our software for your business, so we have shared your feedback with our product team. Our support team is happy to continue helping you work through these issues to provide the best possible solutions for your use cases. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and hope you have a nice day. CK

Matt
Director of Operations/Lead Hitting Instructor in VS

Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating. There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

6 jaar geleden

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates: 1. Easy attendee view from the calendar 2. Simple event check-in drawer 3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns 4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

Gabriela
Assistant Manager in VS

D-BAT COS Review

2,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very responsive when we encounter our issues

It’s organized, and we now enjoy receiving reminders for camps, clinics, and lessons.

It’s not retail friendly at all. We encounter so many issues daily as far as scheduling lessons, camps, and clinics. We have a lot of issues editing contact information, and we have always had issues with our app connected to the system.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Gabriela, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad you find the camps/ clinics/ lessons aspects easy to use. However, we are sorry to hear that the retail functionality can be boosted for your use cases. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we may continue to improve to better serve your business and clients. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Owner/Lead Performance Coach in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Upper hand review

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It’s been a good experience overall having a scheduling software. Whether I continue with Upper Hand has a lot to do with them continuing to develop the software.

Scheduling, pricing, and customer service

Some of my customers have trouble figuring it out. It doesn’t seem really easy to use for all.

2 jaar geleden

Hi David, We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that the scheduling features have been impactful for your business, and that our customer success teams have been of help. We're sorry to hear that some of your customers have had a challenging time navigating through the software. We have taken your feedback to our product team, so that we can continue to develop the software to better serve your business and clients. Thank you again, and have a great day! CK

Joseph

JN Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good.

I like the memberships the most and that is what we have used it for.

I wish we could add more substance to the memberships on upper hand directly

3 jaar geleden

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that you find our memberships useful, however, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your business. We'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Have a great day!

Sarah
Director of Operations in VS

Customer service is second to none. The Upperhand team is knowledgeable and always willing to help.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

As a small basketball organization, Upperhand software has provided a platform for our clients to register for our training online, as well as schedule their sessions and keep track of their payments. As a result, we have become more organized in tracking the payments we receive. We have also been able to build a database of clients and can streamline our communication with them through the software.

As with any software, we as an organization have to monitor and update payment and scheduling information through the Upperhand system. For example, if an athlete forgets to schedule his/her training session, we have to go in and manually schedule it for them. Otherwise, their credit will not be deducted from their account.

6 jaar geleden

Thank you for the review and your continued support, Sarah!

Nicole
Operations manager in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Needs a few updated features but overall I am liking it

4,0 2 jaar geleden

I enjoy the Memberships option and payment plans

The fact that clients can’t use their credits for all of their participants. Each participant needs to purchase packages and they can’t be shared for all the kids in the family

vorig jaar

Hi Nicole, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our membership and payment plan options have been helpful for your business. We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product for your use case. Thank you again for the review, and hope you have a great day! CK

Joe

The BEST SCHEDULING app

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I love how easy it is to use and can get revenue reports and NO DOUBLE BOOKING

Wish you could send out a MASS EMAIL not just for an event. Wish you had a call hotline. The bubble nobody ever answers

2 jaar geleden

Hi Joe, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that you find Upper Hand easy to use, and that it has helped you avoid double booking! We're happy to hear that the reporting capabilities have been beneficial for your business! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our software and better serve you and your business. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope you have a great day! CK

Justin
Operation Manager in VS

Software Review

4,0 4 jaar geleden

The ease of use for both the customer and employee perspective.

The flexibility from the schedule page. A current big miss is the drag and drop feature for events as well as the ability to cancel classes or customers from a class directly from the schedule.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you find our software easy to use, and we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve! Have a great day!

Ahmed

Customer Friendly

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am really able to streamline my activity and track my clients.

It was very Easy to use. Within minutes I felt comfortable.

There was really Nothing to dislike. I like the product completely.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Ahmed, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Upper Hand. We are thrilled to Upper Hand is working well for you and that you find it easy to use - our main goal! Have a great day and thank you again!

Michele
Administrator in VS
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Not really as described - Needs more work

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: none - we canceled before going live

Strong concept and truly needed in the management of large clubs. Basically functionality of the system is strong and it was easy to set-up initial events. However, needed to create workarounds to define events like we wanted them set-up.

The Sales Team oversold the existing functionality that was currently available and we proceeded based on that understanding, paid the initiation fees to later find out key functionality to us was not available. Major pain points included 1) inability to turn off accepting checks 2) generic waivers are built to primarily protect Upper Hand not the client 3) client invite process is cumbersome and add new client lists difficult to customize 4) emails and calls took days to get a response including the email to cancel.

6 jaar geleden

Michele, We are pleased to announce that all 3 of the product issues that you stated have been addressed. Update below: 1. You can now turn on/off check, cash and credit card payments based on your preferences. 2. We have custom waivers that you can bring in to the system for free. 3. We have and are continuing to improve the client invite process. 4. We have added additional resources to our support team to ensure more timely responses to our customers and their clients. Also, we did end up issuing a full refund to you and closed the loop very amicably. We appreciate you giving us a shot, and hope to have you as a customer in the future!

Bill
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Try before you buy!

2,0 vorig jaar

The modern look of Upper Hand is definitely appealing. Compared to other systems, Upper Hand has the flash of excellence from the outward appearance.

Once purchased, navigating and setup becomes very challenging. I would recommend end to end testing as the customer to navigate through the workflow. We recieve constant feedback from customers that the online process is confusing to navigate. There is some potential with this platform, but that depends on how quickly enhancements are rolled out. Our use case is batting tunnel rentals only, and so far it does not align with an ease of use solution without some heavy lifting.

vorig jaar

Hi Bill, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced some challenges getting set up with the software. Our team has reached out to connect on these issues and improve your experience. - CK