The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Director of User Experience
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pluspunten: I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Minpunten: Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

The Team Communication Tool We Needed

Hannah R.
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Keeping all team communication in one place is exactly the solution we needed, elevating our team from seperate chats and email threads. It has organized our team and keeps everything organized and archived if we ever need to draw on what was previously said.

Pluspunten: I like the intergrated tools that make managing projects within our team so much easier! For example, the to-do lists that you are able to create between team members keeps us on track and organized.

Minpunten: I haven't found to many things to dislike about Flock, the only pain point with the free version is only allowing the (1) administrator to post to announcements. Our team made a seperate channel so that relevant leaders could post announcements.

Streamline Communication and bring your team together!

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Jeremy G.
Lead Pastor
Programmaontwikkeling, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With flock we set reminders during meetings when we need to circle back to a discussion. We have pinned posts that are important for the team to refer back to often. We have utilized the video chat room for offsite meetings.

Pluspunten: Flock is easy to learn and utilize. It makes communicating with your team simple. We have people in the office and out of the office so keeping everyone on the same page can be a challenge. Flock helps us communicate throughout the week, stay on task and make sure everyone has the information they need readily accessible. There are two features that a previous company we had didn't offer. Flock offers a Do Not Disturb feature which has helped. You can also delete posts which is a benefit that other group messaging companies do not offer.

Minpunten: I haven't come across any cons yet. Our experience with Flock has truly been positive.

Just Telegram or Whatsapp with some integrations!

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2018
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock is really good, I recommend it to small IT or ITes company as most of the apps made available for keeping developers and programmers in mind. Whereas for rest it's better to use Telegram with IFTTT and Zapier or Try Workplace by Fb and MS Teams then switching from Slack to Flock. But those who're already using Slack, Flock is like Bullock cart Vs Bently (Slack) and sooner or later either you'll upgrade to Slack or Workplace by Facebook or Teams by MicroSoft.

Pluspunten: - Easy to use
- Affordable then Slack but not anymore after entry of Workplace by Fb and MS Teams (as they're almost free)
- Best in class Support and they're always there to assist you

Minpunten: - A complete dearth of apps and integrations, NOT EVEN the 100 essential apps (by Slack) and must have Integrations are available on Flock, literally you'll regret and repent if you're switching from Slack. As just 54 App integrations are available that too without full functionality.
- You can search a file but couldn't click or access it.
- A Big NO for Media or Marketing Company as it may take years for you to find the image your teammate posted just 3 months back.
- Slowest, let me repeat slowest app development I've ever seen in my life so far. No need to feature requests or app integration suggestions

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2019
Jovana V.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

Pluspunten: I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

Minpunten: Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

Organized chaos

Megan E.
Hospitality lead
Horeca, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am apart of a chairty educational group, we discuss many different ideas and it is with great ease to have the different chat groups to topics instead of one cluttered mess or overstocked email folder.

Pluspunten: The option to be able to have different threads of topics in different chats and the option to add polls.

Minpunten: I have not yet experienced a con on this software

Easy to use internal team communication app.

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2019
Ankit B.
Research Analyst
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Replaces extensive conversations over email. It's best for regular day to day office conversations.

Pluspunten: 1. Easy to use just like whatsapp.
2. Can add gifs, emojis and other stickers
3. Useful features like reminders, in-app video and voice calling
4. Can use multiple accounts for signing in

Minpunten: 1. Always have to add a code while logging into a new machine.
2. On mobile devices, the chat order seems to be little weird. Recent ones are on top and unread ones are at
the bottom, don't know if it's a bug. There should be a separate tab to check unread messages/chat.

Review of Flock

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Matthew M.
Leader
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to connect with teammates, sending them images, calling them, video chatting and so much more through one app, even without data.

Minpunten: It was a little tough to understand the fullness of what it has to offer but over time that became clearer.

Sanity Saver

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019
Russell B.
General Manager
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The ability to communicate en-mass with the whole staff that work various shifts and 1/2 who are delivery drivers. The ability to have a central point that can facilitate chats, document management, photo/video transfer with chat/audio and video call facility.

Pluspunten: For the first time the whole team can communicate one on one or to everyone from drivers to warehouse or Admin teams without having to use text messaging or emails as the only way to communicate to everyone.
Drivers can access documents etc that they need through the app and log photo's and proof of deliveries into our system.

Minpunten: It would be great if individuals records could log in someway the group chats they play a part in, rather than having to save a number of channels with one off conversations

The best application for teams to communicate!

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2019
Ashwin S.
Student
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I had to set up the Institute's Senate Teams on a platform and I chose Flock - it made my work so much convenient, I could assign tasks to people and they'd be active on the respective channels. (WhatsApp groups in the past didn't work out so well)

Pluspunten: The division of channels/teams in a hierarchical manner within the same organization is notable. It makes intra-team and inter-team communication very convenient. The integration with google drive, organization of links and files shared on the channels makes it easier to locate them in the future.

Minpunten: I think notifications about people joining my flock channel as an external personal channel could be avoided since they don't provide me with much and aren't so useful.

Our team has migrated to FLOCK for ease of use and for feature set capabilities which allow us to manage tasking and team communication as well as video conferencing most effectively

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2018
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In the final analysis , we believe Flock is a winner and we will be using Flock as our primary collaborative team communication tool for our office team tasking assignment, as well as for video chat . Our office wanted a shared communication tool which on balance was designed with team work in mind. Considering the user interface which allows for common communication as well as closed conversation threads between managers, the rather convenient presence of one touch button control for screen sharing as well as conference call entrance, Flock will be our go communication tool for intra office now. We would say the only real negatives though not plentiful were tied to the inability to control notifications coming from conversations. This can create a log jam. We also experienced some difficulty with file searching or keeping files private to one user. Our recommendation is to emphasize the team orientated communication tools offered by Flock as the primary orientation for usage and to use its rather robust application integration capabilities to supplement weaknesses in the usage of the program. We use Trello quite easily with Flock for instance. Give Flock a try as we believe it can help.

Pluspunten: Seamless and extremely easy to use interface has many advantages including wide and extremely robust application support including Trello, social network apps and many more. We are able to manage team conversation which can be common or specific to users in the group, employ instant screen sharing , and one button touch for video call and chat participation. Overall Flock has proven extremely user friendly and convenient. At this time, pro model and feature upgrade is only a month.

Minpunten: Less ability at this time to control notifications from shared conversations as well as a non available capability to keep shared files private to 1 user.

Small office use

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019
Listing Cordinator
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock is one of the better programs for small offices. The ability to create groups with fellow workers helps to speed up the process of cooperation. Pinned Chats are great as they help you keep the most active members of your team in a spot where you don't have to look for them.
The To Do list is very helpful especially since I've learned how to use the "to do bot". Files are kept very organized and are helpful when needing to grab something from a few weeks ago.

Pluspunten: Ease of use - the interface is very simple to use. Any person on any level of Tech knowledge can use this.
Clean UI - The User Interface (UI) is laid out to where you learn where items are real quick. You have Pinned Chats, Open Chats and can search your most recent chats with no problem. There is a directory of users who are in your team. I also use the To Do Bot a ton. Using that automation bot to keep up with task and things that need to be done are worth the time reading the F.A.Q.'s.

Minpunten: Every time it's installed on a PC you have to have a specific code to key in. This can be tiresome or a time waste when installing on 30+ machines. Should just allow you do add people from an Admin panel and they not have to enter a code.

It is a reasonably good platform to communicate with team. It is extremely fast and useful to use.

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018
Shaumit K.
Junior Finance Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I really love to use flock as it is best place to explore new features.
Its far better than Slack as if I wanted to find some pervious data, I can easily go for search option and tailor it out..
I really love the TO-DO feature that helps me to follow up with people for various things.
I love the pinned chats feature, which helps me to notify important things to important people and get connect with them without a delay.
I also like notes feature, which help me to write the important points during meeting.
Its best use is to share the file without delay and saves me time and email.
Also, when I am busy, I can update my status without any delay.

Minpunten: 1.
I would like to inform that there is no con for using flock, however, if some changes, that I have suggested, could be made then it would be more user-friendly.
1. I would suggest flock team to work on reactions of a particular message. For example, on a particular channel, I would like to say something funny or express my gratitude, if some one from the team likes my message, I would suggest few more emojis to be added to make it more happier to use it.
2. I would like to explore new features like, if possible to add, dictionary or recordings of audio.

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

Pluspunten: You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service.
Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer.
I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

Minpunten: When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

An Excellent Team Communications and Utility Tool

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018
Ian C.
UX Lead
Design en ontwerp, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Pluspunten: Prior to using Flock, our team was on slack which handled communications well. But what Flock brought to the table was more. In addition to the features that Slack has, Flock also has a calendar app, note taking app (which works with individuals, channels and myself, a feature which I really like), tasks app, drive app which I felt adds a lot of value to the product, and makes it a central hub for a lot of my daily activities. They have also recently added a feature that enables you to have repeated processes setup, bringing in automation into the platform. I think they're doing really well in the space that are in and hope they continue to keep innovating while keeping their users in mind.

Minpunten: They don't have enough integrations (like Invision). They also don't seem to have an easy way to export all data (Slack has this).
A dark theme for Flock would be great.

Very Satisfied

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2019
Krishan K.
Senior Software Developer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome.
I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste.
It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office.
We have create a new group for every new project that helps to have everyone on same page. and easy for manager to get updates from team. It helps in discussion also.
We have integrated flock api for alert on our application.
Overall flock makes our entire team life easy.

Pluspunten: We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome.
I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste.
It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office.

Minpunten: I found one thing irritating that I can not delete reminder which was set by another team mate on group. and I can not download notes.
Everything else is just awesome.

Excellent communication tool

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2018
Project and Operations Director
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock has become a key part of the entire companies communication. Company wide channels to share information for all employees as well as focused channels to handle specific areas of the business make it the best solution for us.

Pluspunten: It's easy for all level users in the company to communicate with. Great real-time solution to responding to client needs ASAP. Administration of the users and environment is simple. Excellent uptime - rare that the service is ever slow or unavailable. Support and dev team are on top of the product and updates.

Minpunten: Can be a challenge to manage multiple groups/channels. Would like a better way to keep channels and groups cleaned up and current. maybe a way to customize the interface for the company would be nice.

Flock Review 2019

Heidi P.
Insurance Broker
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock helps us connect as staff, as our company is spread over 3 towns.

Pluspunten: - easy of use
- connects staff spread out

Minpunten: - the notification noise

Keeping in contact with your team

Beoordeeld op 26-12-2018
Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Administratie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flock is definitely a great addition to any work environment where constant team communication is a must, the software is full of many wonderful features and addons to help make your work experience that much smoother.

Pluspunten: Flock is like many chatting software , but it adds way more than most. It's very easy to use and eliminates the need to walk over to a coworkers desk or having to wait for them to reply to your email. Its made in office communication extremely easy in my place of work. Flock also incorporates many apps that you can have link to it to help with work tasks such as their to do list.

Minpunten: I'm constantly having to restart Flock, because of all their constant updates. There was this glitch I was having for awhile where I would lose my previously pinned conversations and they would just disappear til the person messaged me again on that same stream. Other than that my only con is that when using the free version they remove access to past conversations from 2 months ago.

Not so bad

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2019
Brooke B.
Product Manager
Detailhandel, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My company enjoys the ease of using Flock to communicate between our different buildings at work and between different departments for an easy and fast response to questions or issues

Pluspunten: I like that you can share different things via flock like google docs, codes, etc.

Minpunten: You have to pay extra for them to save your messages-- frequently we lose past messages because they disappear after so long

Flock

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Eva E.
Accounting Specialist
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use it for interoffice communication so we don't always have to get up and go find a person. We message each other and some of have it on our phones as well so we are able to see our messages when we are away from the computer. It makes things easier and a lot more convenient.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use, you can share files.

Minpunten: i don't know

Flock Review

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Kendra S.
Resident Assistant
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like that it is simple to understand and use. I also like that you can make groups and have private groups.

Minpunten: I don’t like the notification process, the email is a little much to remind me that I missed a message.

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2018
Siddharth S.
Internet, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Pluspunten: 1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock.
2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps.
3. Keyboard shortcuts.
4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos.
5. File sharing feature is superb.
6. Multiple organization capabilities.
7. Ability to create reminders.

Minpunten: 1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Flock is a great tool for communication for a big team.

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018
Mania D.
Contributing Writer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: If you are familiar with Google Hangouts then the interface for this program will look very familiar on the mobile app. For basic functions such as communicating with a team or an individual team member, this app is nearly flawless. However, the app offers more such as polls and sending files. You can have different categories of discussion which makes the app organized.

Minpunten: The main issue I had with the app was sometimes it failed to notify me of new messages. Also, although the app offers many different features they are a bit difficult to use. For example, for making a poll I had to look around on Google how to do so because I couldn't figure it out on my own, and I consider myself a tech-savvy person.

People just Flock wherever there is FREE communication

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Mike lester R.
Systems & Methods Head
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Flock is that it is very simple to navigate and use. Entire team is already onboard and we are not relying on emails to communicate with ourselves and the external project team members.

Pluspunten: What I really liked about Flock is its ability to be the centralized repository of all team / project communications without the boring part of setting up and configuring the entire application and infrastructure suite. It is like reliving the entire mIRC days but on a professional level. The entire collection of integrations to Flock is also growing and rivals that of Slack in the near future.

Minpunten: What I least liked about the software is that I am not yet able to utilize some tools that I use like Hippovideo which will be used for screencordings. Although I know it in the roadmap, I think this is but one of many reasons why people are still sticking to old reliable Slack.