AssetTiger reviews

Over AssetTiger

AssetTiger is een cloudgebaseerde tool voor het beheren van vaste activa met functies zoals barcodescannen, onderhoudsplanning en meer.

Meer informatie over AssetTiger

Email system barely works and the customer service is extremely vague and unhelpful.

Beoordelingen van AssetTiger

Waar voor je geld

AssetTiger heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 245 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je AssetTiger eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (245)

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in VS
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers

The Solution We've Been Waiting For!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is going to cut down the time spent and headaches from trying to manage our assets (and their maintenance!) tenfold!

Obviously the best thing about this software is that it's a full-featured asset management system with no subscription fees! We have been using a very limited database that integrates with Google Drive (Obvibase), which served its purpose for the first five years of business, but as our assets grow, we need something heftier. We're a small company, so we're not going to be able to fork over thousands of dollars to subscribe to some of Asset Tiger's competitors (and honestly, we don't need the majority of the bells and whistles). When I first read about Asset Tiger, I was skeptical, but I read more about it and decided to try it out. It's free for customers who buy tags, so I ordered some free samples and started to familiarize myself with the software. It was very intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure I haven't figured out all the finer details, and we would have some work to do to get everything rolled out to employees to start using, but it's fantastic so far. The graphical user interface is nice, and it's easy to set up. I exported from our old database, downloaded their import template, moved my exported file around to match, and imported our database in under 20 minutes. We're impressed. It's turning a task I used to hate into one I'm a little excited about.

There is only one thing that I tried to do that couldn't be done so far, and that was to run a report showing only assets. I did a simple workaround - I added a new field that I'll add the word "TRUE" in for these items as they're added. I also sorted the list by most expensive to least expensive, checked all the items, and batch-added this attribute. Then I ran a custom report for all items with that attribute designated as TRUE, and it worked.

Amber
IT Technician in VS
Medische apparatuur, 51-200 werknemers

Simple to use asset tracking

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: AssetTiger has achieved our objective of tracking assets in a simple and intuitive manner. It's an invaluable tool to our organization. If you are currently struggling with tracking your assets, this is a great option.

AssetTiger is relatively easy to use. You can add all of your assets and check them out to employees, and you can add different kinds of information relating to the asset such as brand, status, location, category, department, etc.. The mobile app is great as well and has an intuitive UI, and it lets you scan assets by the barcode(s) which makes logging assets much faster.

There aren't a lot of integrations with this software. It would be nice to have the option to connect it to Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, Apple Business Manager, or other directory services / device management platforms. It may be too simple for your needs.

Scott
Chief Technology Officer in VS
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

It Does What it Says

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: AssetTiger is free or very low-cost relative to the other commercially available software. I like that it is just for asset tracking, and it isn't bundled with other services and features that I don't need.

I like that it is immediately available to try and use. Other commercially available products take weeks or months to become available and then set up. With AssetTiger, it's available on your PC and on your mobile with just a couple of clicks. Experiment and explore for a couple of hours and to get familiar and begin using it with positive results right away.

The ability to transfer an asset from one user to another would be helpful. Our business has people and assets distributed all over the U.S. and the people often "hand-off" equipment between users. I wish AssetTiger had a feature that allowed two users to transfer an asset without going through the check-in / check-out procedure.

Katherine
Data Services Manager in VS

OWS review

3,0 4 maanden geleden

Low price, ability to bulk upload, build custom reports, multiple fields available for data entry.

Fields aren't customizable, reports aren't intuitive, hard to find the history of a device, doesn't integrate with MS365 SSO. It's hard to update multiple systems. We use this for laptop tracking-it would be nice to have a ticketing (help desk) software integrated with the check in/check out process. Currently we use Spiceworks and Asset Tiger and the company that does out laptop repairs to track devices changing hands. Would be nice to have an all-in-one system or at least combine help desk and inventory. Spiceworks offers it, but the asset tracking is not very detailed.

Sunail
Team Leader, IT in Fiji
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Asset Management

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This software has enabled us to keep a track of all assets and its associated costs. even with maintenance, cost is getting added and deprecated as configured. this makes reporting of IT assets and its costing more easy when compared to previous software used.

The most easy part was implementation whereby we can upload asset details via a excel template irrespective of number of assets you have. if you already using different software and needs migration, get all details to excel and upload with template provided. cost analysis and reports are to name a few very good features in this software.

The status attribute should have been more simple.

Travis
Senior Manager, IT in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A solid asset management tool at bargain pricing

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: A year with AssetTiger was included for free with our asset tag purchase from MyAssetTag.com, so we decided to try the software out. I did not have high expectations given it was included for free. I was pleasantly surprised to bring the software was a good balance between functionality and ease of use. It's highly customizable, had good import/export capabilities. It's given us a much better handle on our asset inventory and lifecycle.

The price is very reasonable. The system is easy to use and requires minimal time to train new IT staff once set-up. The system is easy to use, with barcode scanning capabilities, customizable table values so "odd" locations information can be tracked as well. Can add additional custom fields to each asset to track custom information where needed.

The software signs you out when you log into a other session. This is mostly painful when switching between the desktop and the mobile platform.

Ramiro
Manager of Technology in Nieuw-Zeeland
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

AssetTiger - powerful asset management tool at a very attractive price.

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's simple to use, the interface is well thought out, and you can use the iOS app as a scanner to AssetTiger make this software hard to beat. Highly recommended.

AssetTiger is very simple to set up and begin using right away. Keeping track of your assets is invaluable and AssetTiger makes it effortless. Features such as cloning assets in order to inventory large quantities of the same asset is fantastic. Asset pictures are also a useful tool. We use a wireless scanner with AssetTiger which makes it more powerful. I love the ability to email the person who is checking out an asset with details about the asset.

There are not any major cons for this software based on price to value. If anything, the ability to customize the fields more would take this software to another level, but most of what is needed is already part the default fields.

Anish
Director of Operations in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

This is great for inventory and asset management!

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to inventory nearly everything we need to keep track of including keys. We have 5 office locations so this has been wonderful. We also check out a lot of devices to staff and Asset Tiger has made that process a breeze.

The software is super easy to set up and configure. You can use it farily easily right out of the gate.

This might be a feature that exists, but we have not figured out yet. We are not able to look for items by scanning their asset tags. We have to type the number in each time. We can only add assets by scanning the asset tags.

Ivan
Tech Operations & Security in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Great Platform to resolve a Complex issue

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Works well for our requirements and needs at this time. I would love to expand it to more items.

Mobility and ease of tracking. The app and site allow you the flexibility to use different products to track and maintain your inventory.

that it is missing a software license manager or integration to O365, Azure, Intune, and Apple Business Manager

Anthony
Owner in Malta
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fantastic product

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Have been using for over two years to keep track of the assets that are provided to my tenants in my furnished rental apartments. Realized that it's not really made for this, but it really does the trick! I can sort out a list of all the items, not only by the apartment in question, but also by the room! Would recommend highly!

For myself I did find the pricing a bit high, but that's because of the way that I'm using it. I feel that if I were using the software the way it was designed, it is definitely worth the cost.

Paul
Director of Operational Technology in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

A no brainer if you purchase asset tags - still worth it if you don't

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We used to use an in-house inventory system that worked but was cumbersome. After trying AssetTiger, there was no going back. We quickly and easily imported all our assets, customized the database to add fields we needed and haven't regretted it since. Certainly worth considering and an automatic if you purchase asset tags anyhow.

Very powerful and flexible. The ability to add your own records to the database and create user access to certain assets based off fields is great. The "check out" feature is great in keeping track of who has an asset, when it should be returned and even notifies them. We use this for the entire District and currently have nearly 21000 records. Reporting is easy to customize. The cost is very reasonable and, if you purchase asset tags through them you get credits towards Asset Tiger. With the number of tags we've purchased in the last couple of years, we have yet to pay for Asset Tiger. Customer service is very respective to suggestions and quick to respond.

Search doesn't seem to allow wild cards which can be an issue if you type something incorrectly. For example, if searching for a description of "Chromebook" and you have an asset spelled "ChromeLook", searching for Chrome* would show the desired results. Also doesn't seem to handle Boolean expressions so you can search for Account A AND Account B. You have to do two separate searches.

Samantha
Assistive Technology Specialist in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great software with lots of customization!

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the software is 100% usable for my purposes and the ability to export to a spreadsheet allows me to accomplish anything that isn't currently built in as far as reports or updates!

The available features and pricing make Asset Tiger great for managing short and long term check out of items.

There are a lot of features and customization but I would love to be able to have a check out report for locations with the assigned person as well. Currently I can run it by who the asset is checked out to but I would like to be able to see which items are at a specific location and which person at that location the asset is assigned to. It would also be very helpful if you were able to check out assets to the person who reserved it without having to retype their name into the check out form.

Hoey
Director of IT in VS
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers

IT asset Management

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think Asset Tiger is a very good product. We have tried finding another solution with API/Integrations but they are all much more expensive.

We manage a lot of IT resources. The mobile app with built-in barcode scanner makes checking in/out equipment very easy.

Lack of API/Integrations with other products. Most asset management tools provide a method for integrating with Service Management or other helpdesk applications. Asset tiger would be a great tool with the ability to integrate with other applications. Without, it is a good asset management tool.

Evan
IT in VS
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers

Asset Tiger Review

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Experience is good still learning the features and would like a "Reminder" feature for items that should be replaced or reminder on custom date fields example : "Last updated"

Easy to add custom fields and sort by those or predetermined fields allows for tracking of any asset or inventory.

Uploading is some times a hassle depending on how many custom fields you add. Picture uploading can also be a bit tricky

Joe
Sysadmin in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Great App, Helpful Staff

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With free asset tracking software, I was a little skeptical whether it would actually be useful. Very pleasantly surprised as we began to use the software. Simple, intuitive design makes navigating the app and web interfaces both feel natural.
One issue I did have was with scanning 2D barcodes, I was getting a random number, and not what the scan should have read. A quick email to the support staff, they answered within the hour, and pointed out what I was doing wrong. There is an option in the Android and iOS app to select 1D or 2D barcodes, I had the wrong one selected. Simple mistake on my part, but helpful that they pointed it out, and fast.
Scanning the tags into the database makes the asset onboarding much faster. The philosophy behind Asset Tiger is: buy better labels, and don't let asset tracking software bog down the tag. It's won me over. I just appreciate that MyAssetTag cares about their customers' needs beyond the physical label itself - enter Asset Tiger.
Fields are totally customizable, you can set triggers, everything can be queried. Nothing over the top, but not too basic. Right in the sweet spot of:
Work it takes to setup and use VS. How does this software make my life easier? To me, AssetTiger makes the label more useful, which brings more life to the software. Recursive usefulness. 10/10 - would buy again.

Free Easy to Navigate Strong, capable data storage, in the cloud Support team responded fast and accurately

First time users could use a little more direction

Brandon
Owner in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Asset Tiger for restoration

5,0 6 maanden geleden

I like that this program and app is easy to setup. I had the warehouse guy do it with little or no training. The stickers are easy to implement. Although, on plastic surfaces, I would rivet the stickers into the equipment. The training to field technicians is easy as well. Easy for them to use.

I would like the reporting features to be easier to use. The reports are great, but saving them isn't. An email report of assets that haven't been seen in a while would great too. As mentioned in the review, a history or feed of users would be nice. Then, I would know who isn't using the program and fix that behavior.

Darren
Communications & Systems Officer in VK
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Fantastic value for money for small to medium sized businesses

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Hosted by AssetTiger, there was zero setup process, and the system is fantastic value for money. Over the 2 year use of the system it has received several updates based on Customer feedback, and my request for further features was noted and is actively being considered. It is highly customisable, and features excellent email notifications you can use to notify staff of events such as check in/out, or assets due to be returned. The export functionality is also particularly good, allowing me to quickly customise reports to my liking.

Nothing really of note - it does everything you want as a small to medium sized business. If I was being picky, I wasn't keen on the recent UI refresh, but it has grown on me over time and nothing has changed layout wise.

Director of Information Services in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Better Than The Paid Solutions!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After purchasing and using several expensive solutions, and after being frustrated with AssetPanda, I happened across AssetTiger accidentally. It was the find of the year!! We are super happy with the product and can't believe it is free! There are a few areas where there could be some improvement. I would like to see Active Directory integration for employees. It would be nice to have a few more options like being able to easily search for employees. And I would like to see the option to have consumable assets such as toner cartridges, projector bulbs, etc... We could then keep track of repair parts and smaller item inventory. The browser-based version of AssetTiger works way better than the mobile app. The mobile app is nice because you can use the camera on any smartphone to scan barcodes, but it's slow and glitchy. I only use the mobile app if there is no way for me to use the browser-based software. I have not tried third party scanners with it. But really that is nitpicking! We've found workarounds for everything AssetTiger doesn't do. Given the fact that it's free makes me feel somewhat guilty for bringing them up! I absolutely love this solution and would absolutely recommend it!!

Web (cloud) based. Free Intuitive and simple

No directory integration. The mobile app is slow and glitchy. No ability (yet) to keep track of consumable items such as paper, office supplies, etc...

Josh
Warehouse Manager in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

A cost friendly option with alot of features for my company to manage and track assets

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The ability to see at a glance where our costs are going for our assets. The ability to view the life of those assets, ease of know what I have available and what is currently deployed to the field and who has those items.

One of the things I like most is the ability to not only track your items but also that you can track documentation for the items, maintenance, life of the items, and also that you can include a picture of items for easy reference when dealing with part numbers. Being able to scan via your cell phone is also a plus.

There are few things I do not like about the software but one is that I can not customize my audit requirements as I would like. I think the software was built for tracking office assets and I want to re-purpose it for use with construction tools. Tracking who has them, how long, when specific certifications are do etc. However this being built on office tracking it requires me to keep track of a location. Currently working with a rep to see if there is any type of work around for this. If so then I would have nothing negative to say about a free software for tracking thousands of dollars in my companys assets.

Jeff
Technology Specialist in VS

Excellent asset tracking

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We primarily use AsseTiger to deploy and track computer equipment. This eliminated the cumbersome process of filling hardcopy forms and filing. It's faster and easier electronically, and the staff can receive an email indicating the equipment that was checked out.

We use AsseTiger primarily to assign and track computer equipment. It's very easy to use in this respect. Check in/check out process is easy, and eliminates the cumbersome hardcopy forms that we previously used. Highly recommended for this function. Eventually, we'll have all the equipment in the database, including old equipment, although some fields will be blank, such as purchase price or vendor.

I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about the product. It's very easy to set up and use. Unfortunately, as a one-man shop, I don't have the time to use all the functions available, so I can't really tell how well everything works.

Scott
Media Production Coordinator in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Spectacular. Can't believe this is free.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In a department that produces video content on a daily basis, it's important to know where all assets are at all times, when assets break, and who checked assets out. AssetTiger helped us move away from pen and paper and into a robust method of tracking equipment.

Very detailed asset management Broad customization of reports, user permissions, and asset details Calendar displays due dates for assets checked out or leased

Inability (for now, at least) to perform batch check-outs; only one item can be selected at a time. With bar codes on everything, I'd like to be able to quickly scan all items and then approve/submit the lot. Adding a new customer must be done prior to leasing an item to him/her. The opportunity to add a new customer from within the new lease dialog would be a big time saver. No option to prompt user to check out dependent items If a user checks out a camera I would like to be able to prompt the user to also check out a battery of the proper type depending on which camera was checked out. These are more feature requests than cons. Adding these features would put this product miles over the top!

Jordan
Network Administrator in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Very affordable and customizable asset tracking

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This software saved our team thousands of pages of paperwork per year. It also makes it very easy to identify devices and their owners with a simple scan of the barcode.

After much research on asset tracking products, I went with Asset Tiger for its customization options and very affordable price.

I wish I could customize the format that reports are exported to make them easier to sort and filter through.

Cesar
Project Manager in VS
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers

Asset Tiger Review (user of 1.5 years)

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Asset Tiger is a good software and the price is unbeatable at this time. Besides the mobile app, this software is everything that we would need for asset management. The mobile capability is the only thing lacking.

The ability to check out assets to people and places is one of the major pros for this software. Keeping track of that and the value of the items makes it easier to see how much we are spending and makes it easy to compile a list of stolen/broken items in case of filing an insurance claim.

My biggest gripe lies with the mobile app. It doesn't feel very polished and having to sign in every time I have to use it makes it less efficient to use. I have opted for taking photos of assets along with their tags and then taking those photos and using the website to track assets as this is the best method of doing so at this time.

Kwok
Procurement in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers

Cheap And Easy

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Cost is low since we purchase enough asset stickers yearly to cover the cost. Program and the GUI is easy to learn and use for all types of users. Good amount of reports that can be run.

Once a users email address is removed, it cannot be reused again.

Jessica
System Administrator in VS
Voedselproductie, 201-500 werknemers

Works good for small business

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Everything has been great.

I like the ability to attach documents and notes to assets. I can schedule preventive maintenance and get an email to remind me.

I wish the audit feature was a bit easier to use. I would prefer to be able to run an audit on a single item right from the asset screen and not have to change menus.