A good tool for multiple projects

Wagner A.
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

Pluspunten: one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view.
This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis.
I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

Minpunten: Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Comprehensive Collaboration Feature Set

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2017
Jim C.
Cofounder, Operations Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hive brings our entire team into one collaborative workspace, allowing us to replace most emails with chat & task management. Samepage.io is also worth reviewing - haven't tried it but seems to also have a strong feature set at a similar or lower price, and includes video chat.

Pluspunten: * Ability to view work by project, but team members all in one view, and then filter tasks to everything assigned to me across multiple projects
* Chat
* Responsiveness of customer service team via in app Intercom

Minpunten: * Threaded chat would be nice. This was recently added to Slack, but Workplace by Facebook does it even better
* Filter out actions that have not hit their start date yet, AND tasks that have an unmet dependency. Goal is to focus attention toward work which can be done now, and minimize extra human manual filtering.
* Needs FILTER BY DATE COMPLETED: We're most interested in seeing this available on the "My team" view, but could also make sense elsewhere. While we can filter status view by assignees, projects and status complete, just need this additional ability
* Should be a way to AUTOMATICALLY MOVE URGENT ACTIONS TO TOP: Automatically sort tasks marked "urgent" to top of each respective status list when "Sort Type" "Sort by Priority" has been selected in the project navigator so users don't have to hunt them down and pull them up.

Hive Review

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2017
Prabhdeep S.
Software Engineer
10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's really customizable. You can view the same project in a lot of different ways. It also great that you have a bunch of separate projects, but can view them all together with summary view. There are just so many options that it really fits the needs of my whole team.

Minpunten: I wish there were more integrations, but I think they are working on adding more. Also, I would love if they could add time tracking, but besides that there isn't too much I dislike. I had some trouble figuring out the new forms feature, but the customer support team was really helpful in getting that resolved.

Very helpful to my team

Mary ann D.
Operations Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love Hive so much because this is the perfect tool for me and my team. It's like trello and slack in one! The task cards are easy to navigate. Assigning or tagging people to the tasks is not complicated at all. The forms are being used for our clients' job requests and it works great.

Minpunten: App and browser - sometimes logging in is hard because it loads really slow. Some of my team members are always complaining that they cannot log in to hive, just seeing plain white background. I hope you can improve that.

Hive Works!

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018
Mark V.
Partner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As I mentioned above, working remotely can be difficult but I've been able to stay connected to my business partners using this software.

Pluspunten: I like the fact that it consolidates the functionality of Slack, Trello and other project management software packages into one. I work remotely and it's easy to stay in touch with other members of the team on a minute-to-minute basis.

Minpunten: I can't get it to work reliably on my iPhone, despite updating it regularly. I have an older phone (5s) because I just like to have a smaller phone to carry. Soon this needs to change, but for now if I get notifications from Hive I have to find a place to pull up my laptop.

It is a great tool

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2017
Raghav B.
QA engineer
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Events are gathered in HDFS by flume and needs to be processed into parquet files for fast querying. The input data contains variable attributes in the json payload as each customer could define custom attributes. It is part of the ETL pipeline, where hive jobs read json data and generates parquet files that would be queried using impala/spark. Using views, each customer queries only the relevant data

Pluspunten: The syntax of hive! Its almost SQL so its easy to use.
External tables, partitions, buckets, UDFs all the features I like to use with hive. ORC data format occupying lesser space and retrieving the data much faster.
The Hive is intended to simplify your experience with Hadoop and allows developers and business analyst apply their SQL knowledge to query data, build reports, build etl etc.
To be able to run map reduce jobs using json parsing and generate dynamic partitions in parquet file format.

Minpunten: Hive is comparatively slower than its competitors. Its easy to use but that comes with the cost of processing, If you are using it just for batch processing then hive is well and fine. It also does not have as rich of a scripting language.

Transformed our workflow

Susan M.
Director of Web Strategy
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have hundreds of projects in a calendar year. Hive allows us to make assignments to team members, consolidate files, and assign start/stop dates so that projects don't get missed. It has been a valuable tool for us.

Pluspunten: Flexibility for just a task or an entire project. Also like the public and private options.

Minpunten: Sometimes I lose things! But that is probably me needing to use filters more efficiently. Also, if you check off a completed task within a project, it removes it from the project - so attaching files to the project (not the task) keep them accessible for length of project.

Head and shoulders above the rest

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2019
Jessica M.
Junior Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Intuitive UX design: check. Customization: check. Small expert touches: check. This software makes managing projects and seeing where all of our projects are at a breeze.

Pluspunten: I'm a designer at a small agency, and we have as many as 12 different client projects going on at the same time. Before, figuring out priorities and deadlines was organizational chaos. With Hive, I know what's due when, who's working on it, what the feedback is, what the status of the project is, and all at a glance. I love the built-in messenger and different layouts for viewing projects. The small touches like custom messenger statuses and built-in giphy make Hive fun to use.

Minpunten: I think the notifications section needs some improvement. I'd like more settings for how and when I receive notifications. My bosses are out of pocket a lot of the time, and we haven't been able to figure out how to make sure they get email notifications for the right things. Right now we're still relying on email for some internal communications, but I hope that won't be the case in the future.

A good choice for collaboration and project management

Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has been great to have everything in one place: team chat, task management and tracking, and project management/scheduling tools. Team is really responsive to feature requests. I think this is already a good choice compared to alternatives, and it will be easily the best choice if they continue this trajectory.

Pluspunten: Different views are useful for different use cases and avoid duplicating entries between collaboration and project management

Minpunten: Its a newer product and some of the features can a be a bit buggy from a user interface perspective. In part, I think this is from having a quite large set of features included compared to alternative platforms. However, the team is really responsive to bug fixes and none of the bugs compromise data or use.

Home Automation and control

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2017
So hail A.
Technology consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software is really cool if you want to automate things in your house such as your heating and lighting where you can use sensors for when you walk into your house they will turn the lights on automatically. The app they offer is really easy to use and very straight forward. The downside is that sometimes it lags so if a sensor goes off it does not turn the lights on right away. In summary, the idea is really good and the execution is good but the reliability needs to be worked on as it does not always work.

Pluspunten: Good design idea and easy to use

Minpunten: Not very reliable yet as it sometimes fails to work as expected, looks like they have some bugs to sort out

Hive Review

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019
Joanna P.
Staff Scientist
Research, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hive makes it easy to organize data and consolidate information through grouping together actions by their progress in their assigned project. It allows everyone to know what is going on and what needs to be done. Working in multiple locations in a small company makes it hard to always communicate all your actions to your coworkers, but Hive provides a great way to keep everyone updated.

Pluspunten: The organizational methods, grouping actions into their progress status, and viewing actions of all the members makes working together as a small company much easier.

Minpunten: That projects do not immediately show up on the pinned bar to all members that can view the group and that there isn't a more consolidated area to specifically attach files in each project.

Productive Tool for Teams

Web Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Hive provides a clear and easy way to create, assign, handle, and complete tasks of most types. It allows sub-actions for tasks that provide a granular approach to complex tasks which allows for easy tracking. I love the fact you can 'drag and drop' attachments right into tasks. We found it very helpful to assign specific sub-actions to certain members on the team.
The message center on the left is great feature to have; allows you to deal with clients as external users.

Minpunten: I don't like how the message center on the left can't be adjusted to resize the portion used for 'groups' vs. 'direct messages'.

Best Project Management Software

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
Natalie D.
Director of Operations
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Best product!

Pluspunten: Has so many features and integrations! Incredibly easy to use and there is so much flexibility in what you can do with it. They are always improving the product!! I absolutely love that you can message with your team in the same place! It eliminated us having to use two different softwares such as Slack and Asana.

Minpunten: Nothing to not like! Hive is incredible!

Great, easy to use project management - but also a great team behind it.

Matthew W.
COO
Research, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use hive to manage multiple projects with teammates and consultants. This has been a great software to do it and we have been exceptionally happy with both the platform and the customer service behind it.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use the software and get it up and running. But the customer service team was exceptionally helpful when we had questions.

Minpunten: The integrations weren't flawless at first, but it is improving.

Trello and Slack combined in a single app..

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2019
Umut M.
Founder/Manager
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We were looking for a team communication app that had a Kanban Board so that we wouldn't be using 2 different apps for communication and project management. Hive was just we needed and it delivered as expected. The app works flawlessly, fast and no surprises. We are very happy with it.

Pluspunten: - Kanban Board and team communication in a single view
- Google Drive and Dropbox integrations
- Ease of use
- Clean UI
- Simple to advanced project view options.

Minpunten: - Its keyboard shortcuts are not perfect. Yet, improving.
- Lack of favicon and browser title notifications

We use this at work as our main project management and task management software.

Beoordeeld op 27-2-2018
Director of SEO
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Better communication and an easier time knowing where others are at on projects.

Pluspunten: It's pretty simple to use for the most part. It's nice to be able to create teams based around projects and see where everyone is at. It's easy to see what tasks you have and assign a date for completion.

Minpunten: Can be a little unintuitive at times, for instance, where you need to click a certain area to add people to a project took a bit to figure out. People will often make the mistake of adding the whole office to a project or task as well.

Great management system

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019
Chief Visionary Officer
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We really loved using Hive for our project management. They are responsive and work hard to improve their product.

Pluspunten: I love that Hive is continually expanding their functionalities. They are also very responsive.

Minpunten: The privacy button notification can be confusing. The mobile app needs more work but it is actually much better than before.

Why I love Hive?

Beoordeeld op 5-4-2019
Diana L.
designer
Design en ontwerp, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We had been looking for aplications that would help us stay organized, and that our bosses could see what we were working on. In hive, they can see what I'm working on, how long it will take me to completed a project ad when I finish my project. It is really fantastic.

Pluspunten: I love hive, because is very easy to use, it is very compatible with users, and it allows me to see the tasks that I have programs

Minpunten: Actually there is nothing that I do not like, since it is what we have really had very organized in the company.

Hive as an employee

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Arym H.
Graphic Designer
Architectuur en planning, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The company I work for recently started implementing Hive as a project management tool for all departments and organization has improved significantly. Hive is easy to use and he UI is very straight to the point, it keeps your daily tasks at hand and helps bridge the gap between departments.

Minpunten: The desktop versión takes a while to load on some computers, which can be annoying when in a hurry.

Tracks your productivity easily

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2019
Jonathan V.
Social and Digital Content Manager
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Besides the tasks management being perfect, it has a time tracker so i can easily check how much time i spent on my work.

Minpunten: Honestly, i think is perfect. The costumer support is great at resolving any problems found while using Hive.

Great interacting-follow up tool

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2019
Maria jose M.
Meubels, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love everything i can be able to do and measure at any time on my phone, ipad and laptop, so i love to give a follow up wherever i am.

Pluspunten: I love that everyone at the office can interact and follow up their on-going activities and everyone can see on real time what's going on. I really like that I can also measure everybody's productivity and accomplishments. I love all the tools and views that you can get to see the information that's on the table at the time.

Minpunten: I think what i liked the least was that i had it maybe a little bit rough to get started with, but once i got to understand it, this is a tool that has a great potencial. The app is weak i guess, since a work a lot on my phone and ipad i think the app has a lot of opportunities to work with.

Trello on Steroids

Bianca l. P.
Co-founder & CEO
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Better communication and organization among our small team. Better management of longer-term tasks and projects.

Pluspunten: I really like how organized Hive is designed and the ability the create custom views. The program is feature-rich, with templates, timers, snooze, priority, Slack, Google drive and GitHub integrations, time tracking, and resource management. Hive has really useful built-in apps like News, which we use to keep our office up-to-date with the latest changes. New features are being added all the time so it's exciting to see them grow. Also, current features are being improved upon which is great.

Minpunten: I wish I could invite "Lite" users, that are cheaper to add, but who can view and edit only selected tickets.

Awesome teamwork tool

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2016
Andrew Z.
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using Hive now for many months, and it has only made collaboration with the teams I work with easy and efficient. It's very customizable, and their team continues to improve the product on a consistent basis. I've only had positive experiences with this product.

Pluspunten: -Easy to use
-Powerful organization
-Has everything in one place-files, task management, messaging, integration

Minpunten: Not enough people know about it!

Best PM software I've ever used

Customer Support Manager
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I really enjoy all the options Hive offers, but I especially love their customer service team which always replies fast and does their best to make our feature requests come to life. I highly recommend Hive!

Minpunten: As of today nothing. We were missing a template option, but as far as I can see, the solution went live today

Good task manager

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Junior Fellow
Denktanks, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's a good task manager, especially if you work in teams. If you set your preferences correctly, you can view and have others view what you're working on, and collaborate in different projects. You can add attachments and comments to tasks, making it easier than sending emails with attachments or links to cloud services. it saves a lot of time and it's very convenient. It's the best task manager I've ever used.

Minpunten: The mobile app is very bad, useless. (There are 2 versions of it—both of them are bad.) So if you're looking to add/manage tasks from your phone, forget it. The most you'll be able to do is see what you're working on, but not make any changes.