Over Canopy

Verzamel moeiteloos klantgegevens en documenten, analyseer scenario's voor belastingafhandeling en vul automatisch de juiste IRS-formulieren in.

Meer informatie over Canopy

The software is cloud based and therefore easy to access.

Beoordelingen van Canopy

Waar voor je geld

Canopy heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 215 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Canopy eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (215)

Danny
Danny
Owner in VS

Canopy takes the headaches out of client management by offering a way to keep client info organized.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Improved practice management and time management. As well as a simple way for clients to securely share their files with me.

That all client info, files, communication, notes, and tasks are in one application. It has helped eliminate the need to jump around from application to application to find the info I need to manage all my clients accounts.

The task feature can use some updates in simplification and added features. I still prefer Jetpack Workflow to help manage my tasks until Canopy improves this feature. I also get frustrated that there isn't a way to simply email a file stored in Canopy to a client that maybe isn't using the portal feature, rather than downloading and adding to an email as an atachment,

Brian
CPA in VS

Canopy is Great for Small- and Mid-size Tax and Bookkeeping Firms

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

The two features that my firm likes the most in Canopy is the Client Portal and Tax Resolution (IRS transcript delivery service). When purchasing the software, we knew we needed a Client Portal through which clients could exchange documents with us via their smartphone, and we've really liked that feature (being able to brand it as "ours" is a nice touch). What we didn't know - until we used it - was just how much time we save with pulling IRS transcripts through Canopy's Tax Resolution tool versus pulling transcripts through IRS e-services. Once your Form 2848 is on file with the IRS, you can pull every transcript for which you're authorized for a given client with the touch of a button. They download directly from the IRS in PDF format, and with one more button you can save every transcript to the client's file. The time savings is incredible, versus downloading individual transcripts one year and one form at a time.

I personally feel that the e-signature process is a bit clunky, but that's probably just because I don't have much experience with IRS-approved e-signatures (which require knowledge-based authentication). But at least I know that Canopy is compliant with IRS regulations concerning e-signatures!

Audrey
PRACTICE MANAGER in VS
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

This is the worst software! Buyers beware!

1,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Onboarding was a nightmare. Total waste of money with very little communication with teh onboarding team.

Nothing. The interface is messy. Nothing is automated.

This is the messiest software. It is very un-user friendly. It is not automated and requires several manual steps to get to the finish line. Its just not efficient.

Erica
Payroll Manager in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best Software We've Found!

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've had nothing but good experiences with Canopy. The transition and set up was pretty easy, the support has always been helpful, it's easy to use and even our clients have mentioned liking the client portal much more compared to previous software we've used.

It's easy to use and I love that it's continually updated and improved upon. Suggestions are actually considered and implemented which shows that they really care about providing the best product.

I really don't have much to complain about but one thing that would be helpful is being able to automate due dates to avoid weekends or holidays if they're on a semi-monthly schedule.

Shelley
Enrolled Agent in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best Tax Resolution Software Out There!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love Canopy and can't imagine doing our jobs without it!! The support staff is outstanding both via chat and calling in. They have been open to new ideas, are positive and almost always help us to solve our problems.

The software is intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure we under utilize it but it works great for our small office. The thing we like best is that it keeps us organized! There are so many great features though including allowing us to be paperless.

I wish we could customize the text in the "Notes" section. We use Notes a lot. Would love to be able to use colored text - red for deadlines, green for amounts due, etc. Also wish we could search the contact list by phone numbers. We often receive incoming calls in which the name listed on the caller ID is not the name of the actual person. Currently, we have to enter the phone number into our cell phone to see if it is someone we have spoken with before or a current client.

Managing Member in VS

Canopy Tax Practice Management Software

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is positive, the customer support is top notch and the product development team are listening to customer and continuously bring out new and updated enhancements to the software.

The software is fairly easy to use and it is constantly being updated with new features.

There is a lack of good reports around tasks and the software is built to be a little bit generic. We would find it even more useful if there were more features implemented specifically for tracking tax return tasks. I also wish the pricing was less module based. I wish that we could have access to more features for a straight forward monthly per user fee. I also wish that we could only pay for seasonal accounts during the busy months when we have extra help that needs access. Also, it would be nice if Canopy expanded their integrations to more than just contact information. Being able to integrate with other software based on tasks would be amazing.

Amiee
Senior Tax Manager in VS

Put All Of Your Practice Managements Tasks Under This Canopy

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Canopy has been extremely positive.

Easy to implement and use. Our clients love it!

The tax organizers are not very robust and cannot be customized.

Josh
Executive in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A fit for my business and my Clients

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Canopy allows me peace of mind when working remotely with Clients who are spread out nationwide as well as globally; it doesn't hurt that I can also work from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Bringing Canopy into our organization was easy, with individualized invitations on a mass e-mail template sent out to Clients old and new!

We are still working to make use of every area that Canopy offers, so there is nothing negative to say at the present time.

Dustin
Dustin
District Manager in VS
Consumentengoederen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Customer Service is Terribly - This Company is too new to meet deadlines

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Purchased a license in order to use their Tax Prep software (NOT the tax management software - ability to track clients and manage the funnel of taxes). Was told everything would be ready in time, and I ensured they knew I was only buying now because the Tax Prep software was going to finally be ready. (They told me 4 different dates for when this would be ready as I've been working with their sales for 2 years, waiting for them to get things together). Jumped in and decided to make them our company for our tax prep business, and everything went wrong. Salesperson we worked with had quit, implementation team was slow, and then I got off the phone with a support person who casually mentioned that the tax software was tossed out for this year. We had no clue, completely SOL as we have 4 weeks until tax season started and had to rush to find another company. All done without an apology, just "oh that's funny, I thought everyone knew that we couldn't get the software ready", even though we were assured that it would be - for a quick sale I imagine. Lots of back and forth with different support team members. We had been paying for two months and getting everything switched to their platform - which took an enormous amount of time and effort from our people, just to be told they won't have it ready for us and we will not receive a refund. I told the support manager before about this review being posted and was told I "might get a call back" for help.

The software is cloud based and therefore easy to access.

The company consistantly made promises that they were unable to uphold. Pushbacks on product releases that we desperately needed, and no refund for their mistakes. Not the company you want to go with when you need something dependable. They're a tax company which makes it even more absurd that they mess around with deadlines.

Saliya
Managing Member in VS

Why do you need Canopy?

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Fantastic product!

Most important features are user friendly and easy to share within the own files, company team files and clients' files.When we are importing new zip files with multiple folders, I don't need to create new folders, file names etc. on my Canopy software create and save file where I need to store it.

When the client sharing folder has more documents, I noticed the speed has come down a little slower than normal.

Juventino
Juventino
Owner in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good software with strong features and lots of promise at a pricey point.

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Canopy has been a good one thus far. Even though I bitch about the cost l, I continue to stay because of the ease of use, simplicity for my clients, and automation I’ve created within my tech stack.

The best feature is the client portal and mobile app. It has been a business transformation blessing from way before COVID was ever a thing. I remember way back in 2017 when the mobile app was nearly launching how it revolutionized the way my clients do business with me. This is what has kept me on Canopy in spite of the price hikes.

Canopy recently has changed their pricing model and I don’t like it because it increases the barriers to tax professional adoption. There are other titles out there who bring good feature sets and a much lower price point and has given me reason to start shopping elsewhere. What keeps me at Canopy is not wanting to invest the time in moving my clients files over to a new system, notifying my clients that I virtually moved virtual offices, and avoiding the headaches of all the client questions that would ensue.

Brielle
Chief Operations Officer in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Canopy is the Admin on our team!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: we have been with Canopy for several years and starting out they did not have the features they do now. They are very responsive with feature requests and we really like the improvements they have made. Canopy is constantly improving the user environment and making a better product.

Canopy allowed us to grow our client base without having to add additional personnel. using canopy tasks to track where the team members are, and to take notes, and hold communications (emails) we can assist each other when answering client questions. This way clients aren't playing phone tag with one individual. The file storage with client portal allows the clients to access their documentation 24/7/365 eliminating the need to email documents back and forth.

Unfortunately Canopy does not sync with QuickBooks desktop.

Norman
Partner in VS

Canopy is useful

4,0 vorig jaar

The task management feature is useful in tracking engagements and to help plan for the workload.

Monitoring the number of contacts that are active can be challenging at times. There are was to identify last activity but is missing a feature where you can mark multiple clients as inactive instead of going into each one individually. This is important since the fee is based on the amount of active contacts.

Amanda
Administrative Assistant in VS

Impressed Customer

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It is so helpful in maintaining adequate project management and clear workflow for all staff.

Customer support. I have questions and suggestions all the time and I love that by using the chat support I get prompt answers and endless follow-up from support staff.

Transferring clients over created several duplicates and ultimately some lost information in the transition.

Jessica
CEO in VS
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Overwogen alternatieven:

Such a great option if you have the budget

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I did the free trial and it was so nice to have all those features, but if you want to have access to everything you need to take out your wallet and pay a lot.

It's so easy to use, the interface is so slick and powerfull.

The price point is not for small tax practices just starting to build their portfolio on tax resolution

Margaret
Senior Associate in VS

Canopy Tax

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good experience. Tech Support has been very helpful. Our clients like the portal too.

Document sharing, obtaining electronic signatures is simple for us and our clients. Communication tab is also very helpful. This feature keeps communications from clients from getting siloed in individual team member's inbox. Being able to share files with clients and their other trusted advisors is also very helpful. Clients like that they can access data on their computer, their phone or their tablet.

Each module has a separate cost. However, to use certain features you have to have a specific module even if we aren't using all the module features. Also, access cannot currently be given to 3rd parties on a file by file and contact basis. Currently, if we allow access to a client and their advisor to the portal, all files that have access turned on in the portal allow all these parties to view. It would be nice if we could pick and choose which client/important contact has access to which folder. For example, a client would have access to all their tax returns, estimates, and source documents. Their financial advisor could have access to only the tax returns.

Kimber
Operations Manager in VS
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Canopy - a user-friendly and friendly-user solution

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: For most issues we've run into with Canopy, their internal team was able to fix the error with a very quick turnaround time or assist with producing a report on their end. Wherever they may lack in a feature, they are quick to find a solution if possible. No system is going to be 100% custom tailored with all the bells and whistles, no matter the price point. Canopy consistently delivers and does not require a lengthy training session to get new users rolling, and when time is money that's a big foot forward.

The Canopy team is amazing at assisting with troubleshooting issues (very quick turnaround time) and are always working on new innovations. The fact that this is not just a set it and forget it system means that Canopy is always working to be a top competitor. They have a few Beta features (namely automation) in the works currently that as an Ops Manager I am thoroughly excited to see roll out. Their staff is always a pleasure to chat with and they hold quarterly 'First Look' webinars to explain what is new with their product and where they are going next - this team is always on the go.

They have a few drawbacks such as the inability to send text messages (we use a third party system), lack of complex reporting (though easily created on the users end by CSV export and a little Excel wizardry), and a few other minor gruffs, but Canopy does have these on their radar (go check out the forums!) and is working on building these in over time.

Mary
Office Manager in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Very user friendly for the price.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great for task management, document management, daily use, easy to learn and use

Easy to use, email/communication integration, Document storage unlimited

Email search function is less than ideal/doesnt work at all from within a client. Can't start Word/Excel files from within Canopy Wish it would also track time for each team member for the week - would make a secondary time and attendance unnecessary.

Elisabeth
CEO in VS
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I have had an outstanding experience with Canopy!

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Client satisfaction, reliable (and hopefully secure!) file-sharing. Potential to have a more efficient tax practice. I feel like i didn't have time to dive in to all feature fully during tax season, but hope to spend some time this Fall tinkering with the software.

Helping me organize the data and correspondence of 200+ tax clients. I got hooked by the fact that it keeps copies of all my email correspondence. But the biggest surprise was all the positive feedback I received from my clients about how easy it was to use, especially the file uploading. I had a previous product that was a complete nightmare. Around 40% of the clients who tried using it were unable to. Working on taxes brings up a lot of anxiety in people so anything I can do to make the experience smoother goes a long way. Having a reliable, user-friendly product to offer my clients feels GREAT!

Annual subscription fee that will likely increase as the product is continually enhanced. It's also a little hard to organize the accounts of married couples. They file a joint return so in many respects only need one account. But I like to correspond with both spouses and I haven't figured out a way to do that within one account. If I made one spouse's account inactive, it also deactivates their email address so I'm unable to correspond with them.

Kurt
Kurt
Manager in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Constant Improvements

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Canopy is very useful as it is, but this company seems dead set on always improving its operation & structure. At least monthly, I get an opportunity to view what is new on Canopy and what they are working on next. I can keep my finger on the pulse of my clients so I can quickly respond to their expectations.

When my client's upload documents to the portal, Canopy lists that activity, I click on it, and I am able to take action on it right away.

I would like to be able to adjust the timekeeper when I start it or while it is running.

Priya
Controller in VS
Administratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Canopy

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall a good and reliable product

Easy to use and use freindiliness. it has a client facing feature.

it is very preliminary. it can grow from basic to more sophisticated for mid tier firms.

Ralph
President in VS

A CPA for Canopy

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My office staff handles the mechanics - however I have been very pleased with the product and our ability to use during the tax season

Even my over 80 year old clients were able to 'start up' their online account and download/view/E-Sign their returns without much assistance from my office. It was that easy for them! AND a very small percentage of clients (less then 5%) had difficulty

You have many features we have not implemented. Time is of the essence any classes you offer during the tax season are difficult to attend. I guess more communication regarding all the product abilities.

Shellsea
CPA in VS

Canopy is Great

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: very satisfied as this has added a lot of value to our company very quickly.

Document storage and sharing is easy as clicking on button. clients being able to pay online and having the ability to track time and easily add it to an invoice is very important to us.

There are a lot of features that could be added to make the software much better for us and working with the support team they say that features will be added however its been over a year an none of the features we need have been added. fingers crossed.

Lora
Owner, CPA in VS

Canopy Small Business

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Really been worth the money.

I am a small business and it is working out great for my firm. Affordable. Customer service has been very good.

That other users can see my email if my email is integrated. This may not be an issue and longer as I have not checked it recently. Accepting payments through Canopy is too costly for me and receiving the funds too slow. I hope this improves so I don't have to pay for another service.

Nikolas
Lead Accountant in VS
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Canopy was and is a game changer for our firm.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been great overall in both the product experience and customer service

It has combined our client contact lists, document manager, communications, and has a place for consolidated requests. They are constantly making Canopy better by adding new features and improving current ones

I would like to see different ways to view task managements and work flow. Having a swim lane option would make it easier to see what tasks there are and at what stage they are in.