Filteren op:

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Canopy

Verzamel moeiteloos klantgegevens en documenten, analyseer scenario's voor belastingafhandeling en vul automatisch de juiste IRS-formulieren in.

Meer informatie over Canopy

105 reviews worden weergegeven

Steven r W.
Steven r W.
Director of Business Engagement
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

""The future is now!""

Opmerkingen: Saves us time with client and task tracking. No more chasing spreadsheets and lists.

Pluspunten: Extremely responsive customer service with lots of great customization to help keep your workflow on task. One stop shop to keep track of your workflow while maintaining client data and files. Endless opportunities due to constant upgrades and add-ons. We are currently migrating our entire firm onto the platform and utilizing the client portal feature to exchange information and save on printing, customer requests and storage options. Most impressive is their constant interaction asking how they can improve and getting feedback on new features.

Minpunten: I really don't have any dislikes, and if something is a little clunky with a layout or usability they are usually upgrading or fixing it. I'm excited to see tax software so I guess I dislike not having it? The tax software would plug another hole and add well to the transcript and tax form resolution features.

• Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021
Brielle B.
Chief Operations Officer
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-6-2021

"Canopy is the Admin on our team!"

Opmerkingen: we have been with Canopy for several years and starting out they did not have the features they do now. They are very responsive with feature requests and we really like the improvements they have made. Canopy is constantly improving the user environment and making a better product.

Pluspunten: Canopy allowed us to grow our client base without having to add additional personnel. using canopy tasks to track where the team members are, and to take notes, and hold communications (emails) we can assist each other when answering client questions. This way clients aren't playing phone tag with one individual. The file storage with client portal allows the clients to access their documentation 24/7/365 eliminating the need to email documents back and forth.

Minpunten: Unfortunately Canopy does not sync with QuickBooks desktop.

• Beoordeeld op 1-6-2021
Dustin J.
Dustin J.
District Manager
Consumentengoederen, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020

"Customer Service is Terribly - This Company is too new to meet deadlines"

Opmerkingen: Purchased a license in order to use their Tax Prep software (NOT the tax management software - ability to track clients and manage the funnel of taxes). Was told everything would be ready in time, and I ensured they knew I was only buying now because the Tax Prep software was going to finally be ready. (They told me 4 different dates for when this would be ready as I've been working with their sales for 2 years, waiting for them to get things together). Jumped in and decided to make them our company for our tax prep business, and everything went wrong. Salesperson we worked with had quit, implementation team was slow, and then I got off the phone with a support person who casually mentioned that the tax software was tossed out for this year. We had no clue, completely SOL as we have 4 weeks until tax season started and had to rush to find another company. All done without an apology, just "oh that's funny, I thought everyone knew that we couldn't get the software ready", even though we were assured that it would be - for a quick sale I imagine. Lots of back and forth with different support team members. We had been paying for two months and getting everything switched to their platform - which took an enormous amount of time and effort from our people, just to be told they won't have it ready for us and we will not receive a refund. I told the support manager before about this review being posted and was told I "might get a call back" for help.

Pluspunten: The software is cloud based and therefore easy to access.

Minpunten: The company consistantly made promises that they were unable to uphold. Pushbacks on product releases that we desperately needed, and no refund for their mistakes. Not the company you want to go with when you need something dependable. They're a tax company which makes it even more absurd that they mess around with deadlines.

• Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020
Shelley L.
Enrolled Agent
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-5-2021

"Great for Tax Resolution practices!"

Opmerkingen: Overall Canopy has made our office more streamlined and efficient. It has allowed us to work remotely which has been so important during this past year.

Pluspunten: Canopy is very user friendly with many great features. It has allowed our firm to go paperless. Given the fact that the IRS is paper driven, that says a lot! Customer support is excellent for everything from asking for help to utilize functions or suggesting changes!! The Canopy app is excellent as well which allows us to access our client files no matter where we are.

Minpunten: The cons are minor but I wish I had the option to dress up my "Notes" with highlighting and using different color text to break up the notes.

Denise G.
Office Manager-Communications
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021

"Canopy Software"

Pluspunten: We loved the Emails, Task management & calendar are all in one software.

Minpunten: Canopy DOES NOT have our states so we can't do any returns, We don't like that the clients can't both sign their signature forms if they are married. We also didn't like that In the middle of tax season we had to go back to an old software because the desktop Assistant stopped working on us.

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021
Kurt S.
Kurt S.
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Constant Improvements"

Opmerkingen: Canopy is very useful as it is, but this company seems dead set on always improving its operation & structure. At least monthly, I get an opportunity to view what is new on Canopy and what they are working on next. I can keep my finger on the pulse of my clients so I can quickly respond to their expectations.

Pluspunten: When my client's upload documents to the portal, Canopy lists that activity, I click on it, and I am able to take action on it right away.

Minpunten: I would like to be able to adjust the timekeeper when I start it or while it is running.

Jay S.
Tax Practioner
  • Beoordeeld op 26-5-2021

"Canopy"

Opmerkingen: Best Software compared ot its Peers.

Pluspunten: This Software makes my Firm efficient and I cannot see running my practice without this software.

Minpunten: Software has trouble reading some MAC Files.

• Beoordeeld op 26-5-2021
Anne-marie H.

"Canopy - Firm Saving"

Opmerkingen: Love Canopy! Decreases the time I am spending on administrative task.

Pluspunten: Canopy allowed us to flex during the pandemic by offering our clients an easy client portal to use. The clients were able to share their documents for tax preparation. Our firm was then able to upload tax returns for their review. And the e-sign function for the 8879 was amazing. My favorite part is the transcript function to pull clients data from IRS. The transcript report package a professional document to provide to the client that is branded to our firm.

Minpunten: Haven't discovered any cons with the package. They seem to always be one step ahead of my needs.

Rui P.
Senior Tax Advisor
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021

"Love the interface & ease of use"

Opmerkingen: Overall positive as interface with client support in a timely fashion and actually helped suggest certain features of software

Pluspunten: Clean & intuitive interface. Loved the navigation & how information was presented.

Minpunten: Missing certain fields of information that would make it stellar

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021
Julie S.
  • Beoordeeld op 22-5-2021

"Loving our canopy portal"

Opmerkingen: I love notes and I love that the emails populate, it keeps everyone in my office well informed

Pluspunten: My clients keep telling me how easy canopy is to use! We love it! The files are fabulous, templates are easy. Can’t wait to have a moment to explore other functions we are not currently using

Minpunten: Some of the task templates are too detailed and my inbox gets loaded with emails I don’t want or need

Mark B.
Business Services Director
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018

"Outstanding software that keeps getting better and better!"

Opmerkingen: It's an excellent client database and portal.

Pluspunten: Cool features, outstanding customer service, constantly updating to make it better. I love that I can upload files easily to a secure client portal and we don't have to email files anymore. Clients love that they have 24/7 access to their files. We have saved on paper and toner costs. Having all our client information in one place is incredibly valuable. Engagements keep you focused on what you need to do and makes things less likely to fall through the cracks. The integration with gmail makes tracking/finding email conversations easy! Absolutely can't imagine not having this software.

Minpunten: There are only a few minor issues that I know Canopy will fix as they learn from their customers. I can make suggestions and I know that they will address these requests in future versions of the software:
1. Mobile Access is not perfect. An app would be great. Some screens just don't show up on my iPhone.
2. Tasks take way too long to create. I think it could be easier to create tasks.
3. Inability to print notes
4. Search engine is limited. It would be better to be able to search for partial names. Currently you need to really know the name of the person you are looking for. I have a business client who I can't search for the name of his business or DBA.

• Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018
Antonietta C.
Administrative Assistant
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018

"We all love the program! It has kept us better organized! It's so easy to use!"

Opmerkingen: Canopy is easy and secure program to use to communicate with our clients. The uploading, tasks and engagement feature is used on a daily base in our office. I also, like the fact that we upload files in Canopy and make them visible or non-visible to our clients.

Pluspunten: It's safe and secure. Clients are able to upload documents and the documents are saved their portal which as a result, keeps us better organized. The visible and not visible feature for files is a great feature because they are certain documents that the client doesn't need to see but are important for internal use. The task feature keeps us organized and we know exactly the status of each client. We are still learning Canopy capabilities and features.

Minpunten: Be able to move files from one client portal to another. We numerous clients whom keep uploading to the wrong portal because they have access to their individual and entity. I spend a lot of time downloading each file, saving it to me desktop and then dragging it over to the proper client portal. Not being able to delete a task from the client portal. If two people are in the same client portal and someone deletes and uploads a document we noticed that the client portal gets all discombobulated. Being able to print from the engagement feature conversations or files that were either uploaded from the client.

• Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Elisabeth G.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-5-2018

"I have had an outstanding experience with Canopy!"

Opmerkingen: Client satisfaction, reliable (and hopefully secure!) file-sharing. Potential to have a more efficient tax practice. I feel like i didn't have time to dive in to all feature fully during tax season, but hope to spend some time this Fall tinkering with the software.

Pluspunten: Helping me organize the data and correspondence of 200+ tax clients. I got hooked by the fact that it keeps copies of all my email correspondence. But the biggest surprise was all the positive feedback I received from my clients about how easy it was to use, especially the file uploading. I had a previous product that was a complete nightmare. Around 40% of the clients who tried using it were unable to. Working on taxes brings up a lot of anxiety in people so anything I can do to make the experience smoother goes a long way. Having a reliable, user-friendly product to offer my clients feels GREAT!

Minpunten: Annual subscription fee that will likely increase as the product is continually enhanced. It's also a little hard to organize the accounts of married couples. They file a joint return so in many respects only need one account. But I like to correspond with both spouses and I haven't figured out a way to do that within one account. If I made one spouse's account inactive, it also deactivates their email address so I'm unable to correspond with them.

• Beoordeeld op 30-5-2018
Mckinley J.
Managing Member
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 5-4-2018

"I have had a good experience using Canopy. The website functionality has been very good."

Pluspunten: I like the ability to produce documents that are ready to deliver to clients or the IRS once I have completed the required forms. Additionally, I like the ability to make changes without having to reproduce documents. The link that can be sent directly to clients for data input has been very helpful. Having tax transcripts that are readily accessible on my desktop is a very important feature.

Minpunten: I think that the software should include a feature that will allow you download transcripts overnight. I think the software would be enhanced if some of the additional features that follow are included in the software: Case Diagnostics, Fee Calculator, Searchable IRS Manual and IRS Contact List. It would be very helpful if other users within the same office could utilize Canopy at some add on rate or multiple user environment. Some of the tax resolution practitioners are part of small office environments. It would be good to have a product that could better fit the needs of the smaller office environments. T

• Beoordeeld op 5-4-2018
John J.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2018

"Canopy has simplified the resolution process saving me time."

Opmerkingen: This product is necessary for me on a daily basis. I benefit from many of it's features.

Pluspunten: The three areas that I use the most are the 433A, OIC and quick access to transcripts. The combination of these three functions allows me to quickly evaluate a clients resolution options. This also creates for me an overview allowing me to better focus on what I need to so that I can more quickly get a handle on the problem and address it with both the IRS and the client.

Minpunten: When I first learned about Canopy my understanding was that they were specializing in "tax resolution" and concentrating on that area. It appears that they are now broadening their market. I understand why they would want to do this but often newer businesses start to expand or move away from what they did best and water down or slow developing their original product. I fear that Canopy is doing just that and there original product will suffer.

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2018
Marcy B.
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018

"Had the software for a few years it manages our whole practice."

Opmerkingen: practice managment

Pluspunten: Does many things very well. Love the e-sign option. Love the enhanced search by phone and email, billing has been very helpful, wonderful team, love this is cloud based.

Minpunten: Canopy undertakes a huge responsibility in providing so much for its users. However, there is some room for improvement. The transcripts are not reliable; the email feature doens't always stay connected and isn't reliable,mobile usage is hard for practitioner and client. Many things have been greatly improved upon. I would love to be able to brand my invoices with color and logo. How can we get clien'ts to sign in sometimes they never sign in and that a shame.

Danny N.
Danny N.
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018

"Canopy takes the headaches out of client management by offering a way to keep client info organized."

Opmerkingen: Improved practice management and time management. As well as a simple way for clients to securely share their files with me.

Pluspunten: That all client info, files, communication, notes, and tasks are in one application. It has helped eliminate the need to jump around from application to application to find the info I need to manage all my clients accounts.

Minpunten: The task feature can use some updates in simplification and added features. I still prefer Jetpack Workflow to help manage my tasks until Canopy improves this feature. I also get frustrated that there isn't a way to simply email a file stored in Canopy to a client that maybe isn't using the portal feature, rather than downloading and adding to an email as an atachment,

Lauren J.
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

"Great Product! Such a Time Saver!"

Opmerkingen: Love it! I would recommend it to anyone who regularly deals with IRS transcripts! Has saved us so much time!

Pluspunten: Pulling IRS transcripts using this software is a dream. When you get transcripts through the IRS website you have to pull them one at a time, and if they aren't ready yet you have to repeat this process everyday. With Canopy, you enter the taxpayer's information and then all you have to do to refresh the information is click the refresh button. So much easier to use! Plus you can setup multiple client at one time and let the software run in the background until it has checked them all with the IRS, meanwhile you can move on to other work.

Minpunten: It would be easier if you didn't have to reestablish the link to the IRS everyday, and wait for the IRS code to come through. However, for security reason I understand why this is necessary.

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019
Ellen L.
accountant
  • Beoordeeld op 2-3-2018

"I really have loved bringing the practice to Canopy."

Opmerkingen: Client portal, shared communications, all client info in one easy to use place.

Pluspunten: I love the communication feature that connects everyone's correspondence with all clients. That has deemed to be more useful than I originally thought. Also, being able to store information on all of our clients in one easy to use place has been great. The client portal is amazing and easy to use.

Minpunten: When trying to complete things it will often have apologetic issues, like "sorry we are having trouble at the moment". Tasks should work more like engagements. Also, the alphabetic order of things is not exactly alphabetic and no one can seem to make sense of that for me but as our cient list grew the search tool is now the go-to for finding clients so it doesn't cause much of a hassle it is just a little odd.

• Beoordeeld op 2-3-2018
Financiële dienstverlening
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018

"Robust office management tool that is consistently rolling out new features and improving product."

Opmerkingen: I am able to view my team and company status on a variety of indices easily. As new features roll out I have been able to reduce my reliance on other software solutions.

Pluspunten: I love that is product is a one stop area for many of my daily management duties. I can see what tasks my team members have been assigned and how far along they are in the processes.

Minpunten: I would like a couple of reports to have more customization. The ability to place signature fields and check boxes on PDFs would be great.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018
  • Beoordeeld op 29-9-2020

"IRS transcripts at the push of a button!!"

Opmerkingen: Canopy is always upgrading and improving their software based on constant user feedback.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to setup a new client in this software. Once set up, it's one click to get IRS transcripts downloaded for my review. This saves me at least an hour each week in comparison to the software I used to use.

Minpunten: There's really nothing to dislike about this software. It does what it says it will do and it saves me time.

• Beoordeeld op 29-9-2020
Melanie C.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2018

"Powerful tax tool"

Opmerkingen: It is such a robust program. It combines a number of other software programs into one and then some. I love being able to see where I left off on a particular client request. It keeps me organized and provides great documetation. I am also going to be using the transcript service once I figure it out. And I suspect that I will be purchasing the audit resolution package soon too. Many benefits to using this software.

Pluspunten: It is project oriented, easy to learn,and meets many relevant needs as a tax professional. It is also constantly evolving.

Minpunten: I can't find a fault. It is great and I highly recommend its use as a tax professional. Initially phone support was limited but that has since changed. I have been able to get live assistance every time I have called in the past 6 months or so and they are very helpful and professional.

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2018
Director Of Marketing And Business Development
Financiële dienstverlening
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"Canopy is to be loved."

Opmerkingen: Client file organization and communication system all in one software. All tax forms and ease of editing client files... it's great.

Pluspunten: Overall functionality and ease of navigation. Bonus points for cool GUI and branding. The Customer Support staff is absolutely outstanding.

Minpunten: The billing section needs a lot of work. Need to be able to automatically run batches of clients on a monthly basis. I know this is being addressed but it's still an issue for us.

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Jonathan R.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2018

"This software is my main hub for working and is allowing us to finally move to a paperless office."

Opmerkingen: We're able to have easy access to all our clients, vendors, internal files, employees, etc - all in one easy to use format that is secure. We may never be 100% paperless due to regulatory requirements, but with Canopy, we can get as close to it as possible.

Pluspunten: It has contact info on all people we do business with (clients, vendors, employees, etc). It allows us to store and org files in an easy to use format.

Minpunten: Setting up engagements, tasks and calendar/communications has been unusable for me; too disjointed from the hectic reality I deal with; though if it could be streamlined and integrated with the rest of my digital life, I would use these features! Specifically, we use a specific app for billings; would prefer to keep to that, but have Canopy pull the info from our billing app.

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2018
Julie L.
Julie L.
Accountant Representing
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018

"As a tax professional with various types of clients I love it all in one place"

Opmerkingen: Having a secure portal and most of my client tax information in one place.

Pluspunten: The creators and tech support of this program are responsive to the end users requests and the site is updated, the tech support amazing, and until they get a feature installed, will help you with a work around to use in the mean time.

Minpunten: That I cannot print lists easily, that clients cannot fill out their own portal information, and most importantly, that I cannot due my clients regular income taxes here thereby having all the important information saved in place.

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018