Used to be better

Graphic Designer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We loved it at first. It was a great way to showcase content to our office and keep them informed on updates. The last few months of using it, though, it became more of a nuisance than anything.

Pluspunten: It's fairly intuitive and the UI is nicely designed.

Minpunten: The syncing from Google Slides to Skykit used to be a lot better. My office used Skykit for about 2 years, and in the last several months Skykit stopped registering the updated slide's changes. You would see the update in Skykit when you looked at the slide, but then when it played on the screen it would be the old one. Eventually I realized that the publish date was still the old one, and I figured out a workaround where had to go in and change the length of the time the slide would play. Only then would the system register the updates and publish with the new content. The other con is the playlist functionality is quite klugy. It takes forever to move slides around because the screen lags and doesn't place them where you're aiming your mouse. It also doesn't scroll with your cursor, so if I wanted to move a slide way farther up on the playlist, I could either move it up only 5 at a time, or I had to zoom way out on my browser.

One of the best overall CMS.

Ted B.
Technology Support Technician
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have beat up on a lot of CMS systems in the past year. SkyKit is very user friendly. It has a 5-five tech department. Between Customer Service and DevOps. They are on the for front of making Content Management easier than any others out there. You can tell that they believe whole heartily in SkyKit; and it shows in everything they do. From taking request and fixing problems. Even the most trivial is not over looked with them.
I enjoy that the people are not one to ask for help from others in their own company; instead of giving you a blank answer that raises more questions.
We are currently swapping our old outdated CMS for SkyKit and the transformation is seamless. If you even want that down home feel from an advance CMS Company? SkyKit is for you.
Respectfully,
Theodore "Ted" Burch
Technology Support Technician

Pluspunten: The help that comes along with it.

Minpunten: What I have least liked about it. SkyKit has or is fixing as I type this.

Skykit Platform Review

Alex M.
Administrative Technician
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our experiences in schools and small businesses has been overall very satisfying.

Pluspunten: The integration between Google accounts and their CMS portal is great. As people get more comfortable with Google: Docs, Sheets, and Slides, having that integration makes building presentations very intuitive and easy.

Minpunten: Having a live display of what is broadcasting, kinda like a hub view of the different screens would make this software better. Relying on what the "content" is titled and visual checking of screens is a bit annoying.

Awesome

Yelitza C.
Para
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Everything that I do in my job at school is working really well. Awesome software :)

Pluspunten: Skykit is a really good program to use. It's so easy to understand the program and works great with the projects I work on at work.

Minpunten: The software sometimes could be really slow. I dislike that it signs me out of it so many times during the day.

High School Teacher

Keely R.
Business and Technology Teacher
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use for the kids and myself. I like the fact we can schedule content for the future. I also like that multiple people can add content from anywhere.

Minpunten: There needs to be a way to sort content into folders within the site. It gets to be a lot when you have to scroll to find content we have used in the past. Also, be careful of the remove/trash can buttons they move around and you may accidentally delete a playlist you have spent tons of time creating.

Napa Valley College went from a complex system to a very easy to use and user friendly.

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2017
Daniel V.
Network Analyst
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Napa Valley College like the most of skykit is how easy the system is to use. the end user who use the system didn't have to have IT back ground to use skykit.

Minpunten: After using skykit, Napa Valley College would like to see a couple of more option added to the system. the ability to have video streaming, would be a great option to have because different departments could stream classes, show, guest speakers through out the campus.

Great Media Broadcast System - with steep learning curve

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018
Greg T.
Guidance Dept Head
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been quite pleased with the overall experience. We do find that our audience takes notice of the media feeds and really like the ability for multiple users to manage content.

Pluspunten: One of the biggest pluses of the software is ease of access from any web-enabled device (and by multiple users). This allows for updates on the fly from just about anywhere and the speed with which programs update is impressive.

Minpunten: The learning curve with the interface is fairly steep and not as intuitive as it could be. While there are good "help" resources on the site, understanding the differences between programs, content, etc. isn't as obvious and organizing material is a bit clunky. The way the software platform is sorted out makes for some trial and error to understand the workflow.

Best user interface of any CMS. Easy to use with powerful features.

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2018
Wayne R.
Director of Digital & Exterior Technology
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: An easy solution for our customers

Pluspunten: Simple user interface, yet lots of features. Completely responsive design that can be controlled from a smartphone as easy as a laptop.

Minpunten: A little pricey for the market but when you add in all of the news and weather feeds the price balances out. It would be good to offer a cheaper version without the feeds for users that don't need them.

Flawless Tool

Orenthial R.
IT Systems Engineer
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been using SkyKit for well over two years now. With the current setup we are able to easily update content and slides with zero interruptions. It is very reliable and super intuitive.

Pluspunten: Zero downtime,
Very easy to use.
Quick and easy setup

Minpunten: No Cons.

Easy to Communicate

HR Director
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Super easy to use and control content. Look slick.

Pluspunten: I love these sky kit TVs. We have a few offices and we have found our younger workforce doesn’t like reading email so we have to be creative in getting information out. Sky Kit TVs are in our break rooms and key visible locations. We used them to promote things like holiday parties, visitors, open enrollment, contests etc. it’s one part of our comprehensive communication channels. We create all our documents in power point on our branded templates and then convert to pdf to ensure formatting stays intact.

Minpunten: We couldn’t figure out how to run videos with subtitles. That’s ok.

Great digital signage platform

Wayne R.
Director of Digital & Exterior Technology
Mediaproductie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have worked with the development team and been amazed at the future development. This is the easiest platform to navigate and use with most amount of features while keeping things simple.

Pluspunten: Ease of use

Minpunten: Could be more logical in the order menus are laid out and need a search function for tenants along with better portrait zone layouts.

Overall great product

Sarah Z.
Office and IT Manager
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: At first it can be confusing to know the difference between playlists and programs. But once I got that down it was easier to learn everything else. One thing that can be frustrating is that skykit makes a copy of your slides and uses that instead of the original document. I never fully understood why this was the case. I also know for us we had to make multiple copies of the same program because we wanted it to play multiple times between other parts of the playlist. This can be a bit time consuming to edit since we have to edit multiple instances of the same document to make it consistent throughout the program.

Pluspunten: Great way to keep our company updated about current events going on in our organization.

Minpunten: It can be confusing to navigate through sometimes, I never remember off the top of my head the difference between playlists and programs. I have to click on each one to see if it takes me to where I am wanting to go.

Love Skykit!

Erica E.
Freelance Web Designer
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great support. We love it.

Pluspunten: I love that it is directly integrated with G Suite and Google Slides, Drive, etc.

Minpunten: My only complaint so far is I can't figure out how to add things that will auto-update, like the current date and time for example.

SkyKits!

Hunter L.
IT Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Allows us to display company changes/events/client showings etc. Devices again are incredibly simple to use =)

Pluspunten: Overall easy access/control of these devices. Especially for individuals who are not tech savvy, they are able to manipulate the device to their liking

Minpunten: Overall nothing to mention. Typically systems are hard to access/change settings, but Skykit resolved that issue

SkyKit Review

Athletic Director
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Skykit is very easy to use, and to me seems very self explanatory in terms of functionality and use.

Minpunten: I would like to be able to see a live screen preview, that way you could see that changes have happened and also see what's being displayed on the screen right from a home screen dashboard or something of the sort.

Skykit is a Great Product and a Great Value

Ed J.
Director of IT
Restaurants, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been using Skykit for displaying slides and video content since October of 2016 in all of our pizza shops (22) and recently added a display to our coffee shop. While there is a bit of a learning curve to using the web-based CMS system for managing the displays and content, it really is easy to use once you understand the basic concepts and workflow. Support has been fantastic and quick to respond and fix any problems we've run into. I really appreciate that Skykit is constantly being improved and feature requests are actively solicited from customers and taken seriously. I highly recommend Skykit!

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Clean, simple interface.

Minpunten: Could use some improvement in sorting and filtering of content elements. It can be cumbersome finding the element you want to edit or the display you want to manage.

User Friendly

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2019
Technology Manager
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use is amazing. Our students can use this with no problem

Minpunten: Would like more "periodic" training on new features

I love Skykit!

Trish M.
Documentation Specialist
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We communicate important and fun information in our break rooms. Some of our locations don’t have time so I’m able to manage for them quite easily.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, ability to display individualized content along with common material. Programs and playlists save me so much time and duplication of effort.

Minpunten: The only con, which is not a big deal, in my opinion is that the automatic update doesn’t work for us. It could be our set up (lots of restrictions)

A Promising and Powerful Piece of Software

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2017
Jeff M.
Communications Director
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are very pleased with the pricing and the ease of use of the interface of SkyKit. The ability to link with Google Drive and edit slides and presentations on the fly is very helpful when trying to train and give access to a number of different people. Very easy to use and train on. To be completely transparent, we are currently experiencing some issues with one of our particular usages -- but tech support has been great in helping us out. I feel great confidence in the SkyKit team and the future development of the product.

Pluspunten: The user interface is simple to understand and use. It's ability to link to Google Drive is a huge plus. It allows non-"power users" to use the software.

Minpunten: For our particular usage, scheduling date-specific content out for the entire week is a cumbersome process. There is no batch upload. Also, the playlist functionality is currently having lots of hiccups. We have to manually set it every day.

Great product that does the job well.

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2017
Mark L.
IT Security Analyst / Project Manager
Mijnbouw en metalen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great product that does the job well. A little tricky to use at first but once you get to using it on a consistent basis it flows well. I use the Chromeboxes from Skykit and it is just plug in and go! I would definitely recommend the product.

Pluspunten: Plug & Play. Comes pre-loaded with everything I need. The Chromebox form factor is easy to place.

Minpunten: I find the cloud application a bit confusing until you learn the "jargon". I think it could be layed out in a more intuitive way.

Skykit

Beoordeeld op 7-2-2019
Brent T.
Associate Director
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy setup easy to use. Straight forward platform with a high level of functionality.

Minpunten: The having to publish each time any action is done. should be able to directly upload to program and then item is added to the content list as opposed to vice versa.
Looses connection occasionally and have to refresh. Email should be sent notifying the moderator of such outages.

Great solution

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016
Gerri U.
Systems Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's been great, easy to use and we have it deployed world wide, support is excellent, helpful and fun!

Pluspunten: Ease of use, adding and maintaining content

Minpunten: Sometimes the boxes don't cycle through the playlists properly(or at all) frustrating to say the least. Would love to have the ability to reset the content cache with out a ticket. Also permission levels would be great.

Easy to use

Digital Campaign Manager
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Skykit is easy to use and the integration with Google Slides makes it simple to ensure things are branded correctly.

Minpunten: I wish that gifs were supported - not a huge deal but would be nice

Monitor for lobby

Shane B.
Investeringsbankieren
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Only scratch the surface of all the features you have. I'm sure I would learn more if I had the patience. We just leave it on and let it run. :/

Pluspunten: Ease of use.

Minpunten: Not comfortable making changes.

Great Kit

Brian L.
IT Support
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to Use and such a great tool to have for our business

Minpunten: I haven't found anything that i haven't been impressed with.