Create almost everything

Moses C.
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great in all aspects. It helped us to grow much faster by gaining new cliens through rapid development and workflow automation.

Pluspunten: Easy to learn
Resourceful for learning, easy to find the required answer in help center and community page.
Very much customer oriented.
Samples apps are very simple to learn each functionality.
Very responsive to customers.

Minpunten: UX: Web view; It would be great if the look of Web browser view is improved. It would be much easier faster for new creators to Learn if there are some sample apps that run in full functionalities and integrate with "In-App-Tutorial". Less focus on developing financial apps although there are some mini budgeting app.

Coding for people who don't code

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Brenden M.
Night Manager
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: AppSheet was great for implementing small applications in the workplace, meant to be used by one person. Once the ideas started to take off, there was a lot of limitations I ran into, including price. At that point I found it more lacerative too look into other solutions and migrate my apps to another platform.

Pluspunten: AppSheet is an incredible piece of software that easily integrates with Google Sheets, Excel, Salesforce, and others. Its GUI is very user friendly, and allows new/amature coders to create full web-apps with minimal knowledge. Very easy to use, and produces apps quickly.

Minpunten: Price-point, and bugs. Knowing the number of variables AppSheet has to account for in any app, there are still certain kinks that need to be worked out. Also, AppSheet is free, unless you really want to utilize all of its features. Unfortunately, once you start getting into apps that require multiple users, or creating workflows, then you start paying per user, or a tier based price structure per app. With competition quickly rising, their prices are easily beat by competitors like PowerApps.

Develop an App to suit you.

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2018
Mavares P.
Docente Universitario
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Develop the master programmer in you

Pluspunten: How many times have we not wanted the PPPs to adapt to our needs? This dream has come true; With AppSheet you can create your own applications directly from any of your smart devices and with your own data. Completely compatible, both with your iPhone and with the Android system, and the best thing is that your data, spreadsheets, or any other information, even those that you use frequently in the clouds, can now be more at hand than before. One of the many advantages is that your applications adjust in a personalized way, and to the extent that your creativity and your needs increase, in the same way you can add quickly and easily, all the features that you can think of or that you need and without having to be a professional developer, then you share them with the people who need it

Minpunten: Like any system, it is important to remember that, in order to achieve its optimal understanding and development, it is necessary to enter and relate directly and personally to the application, which is why users should be aware of their needs, so that later, can try different solutions for your needs. Remember that although there are free versions, also the paid versions offer a wider range of possibilities and developments.

Opportunities to advance with technology exist

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2019
Anne P.
Managing Director
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have created something new, nobody has seen anything like it before. Without AppSheet offering considerably reasonable fees for Public Apps, my start up would not exist. AppSheet has allowed me the leg up I require to gather and collect an "Aussie Renters community" offering assistance in an area they have been left to struggle in for far too long. I am grateful that AppSheet has allowed me to create my idea into an App, something that would have cost $80,000 to write with a programmer, the only reason why I didn't create this
a decade ago.

Pluspunten: The Utube videos and support offered by AppSheet made it possible to create an App the way I wanted it to run.

Minpunten: My App runs on pre-stored data and once my users have selected the questions, a code was presented and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get this code to just populate it's field. The code had to be selected otherwise it did not save. I still don't know how to get 3 of my codes to save without being clicked.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van AppSheet op 21-1-2019

Hi Anne, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you were not able to successfully integrate your data. I'm not quite sure what you mean by you weren't able to get this code to just populate its field, but if you would be willing to screenshot your issue and share it in our Google+ community (https://plus.google.com/communities/117336961081239352051), you should be able to get the help you need.

Appsheet will help you do more in Sales!

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2019
Mylene christine S.
Sales
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy and accurate to trackdown sales and listings for real estate properties that we are selling. Reporting is absolutely executed well. The sales goes up when your client can easily pinpoint at the map where they wanted the location and what are their other options in the area.

Pluspunten: Perfect and easy way to develop an app. No programming knowledge necessary. Very comprehensive. Use Google Sheets as yoir database.

Minpunten: Well to really have the best of the appsheet software you have to pay for their subscription plan but if its just for pesonal use you can still use it for free.

Prototype and play

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Thibault R.
Co-founder
Landbouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We created an app we have one able to sell as mvp to more than 60 users

Pluspunten: Super easy to create an app with no dev skills
Smart spreadsheets connections to app
Very intuitive approach
Free until you release giving you time to play
Offering new features regularly

Minpunten: Only English
Would need more options for users management and invites for learner onboarding

AppSheet is a nice way to build custom apps using your google spreadsheet data

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Danny L.
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Nice interface and features. The app for mobile devices also seemed to work well.

Pluspunten: I love that i was able to build a small app for personal use that pulled data from a couple of my google spreadsheets. There were great features that showed that appsheet designers understand the importance of data integrity and included features and settings that could allow someone who wants to try to build an interface for their spreadsheet. i like that there was some syncing features so that you could edit data even when you did not have mobile reception on your smartphone with the app installed.

Minpunten: Like anything of this nature it does require to practice and playing to understand the features. To a complete newbie, they may not understand some of the protections you need to build in in order to protect your spreadsheet data especially when multiple users might edit things, but the settings to do so are in the app. It is also a lot simpler than many other no code options and could be a great way for someone to build some personal data tools to make their life easier.

Make your own application

Beoordeeld op 11-3-2019
Director, Ramboll Circle
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy way to combine your data in e.g. Google sheets and create an app on top of it

Minpunten: The product promise is to allow a non-developer to create an own app easily but you need to understand the basics of sw development anyway

Antwoord van de leverancier

van AppSheet op 12-3-2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're grateful to hear that you've been able to build a successful app on top of our platform. To address your thought on the necessity of software development, I'd like to point out that we have thousands of users with no software development background (including myself) who are successfully building and utilizing apps everyday. We really appreciate your honest feedback though, and hope to continue to make our platform more accessible and user-friendly to everyone over time.

No more excuse to build a mobile application!

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Fatina aisya S.
Student
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm making progress on the mobile application for my project and i am using appsheet for my project. it is super easy!

Pluspunten: The need to code from scratch to built a mobile application. everything is just drag and drop method.

Minpunten: after a period time of trial, i need to pay for the services.

Easy and Convinient

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2019
iOS Developer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Its very easy to develop apps for anyone using AppSheet. It has all the tools you need for any kind of feature implementation in mobile app. Also product support is great. Its much better and rich compared to other similar products. Highly recommended for anyone trying to build a mobile app.

Minpunten: There is nothing I didn't like about AppSheet. It met all my requirements well.

Want to develop mobile apps? Then you hit an exact match!

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2016
Levent K.
Managing Partner
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have met AppSheet while I was searching the net on how to develop a mobile app from an Excel file. It was a DIY platform, pretty well organized and have some sample apps to show. To be honest, I though that these guys must either be kidding me, or the output is useless on the first sight. Simply, the platform was an add-on to Google Docs. But after I've started to build an app for myself and began to understand the limits of it, I can proudly express that with only one word: "EXCELLENT". Yeah, it is excellent because: 1.) The platform's limit is your limit. There is no end (up to a certain extent for sure) to what you can do and develop. When you get used to it day by day, you think that you've learned it. However, suddenly, you feel that you are not even close to that idea :) Though I have a programming background and using AppSheet about 8 months, I can gladly say that "I'm still a newbie"...
2.) AppSheet is strong and AppSheet is really future pending. The reason is quite simple: though AppSheet is a small business enterprise, they have a very intimate, strong and professional customer care and management, which you cannot even find it in huge enterprises or corporate companies. We (yes, "we") are like a family in AppSheet from the senior to the junior.
3.) Have you problems with your development? AppSheet moderators, programmers, scripters are always by your side and they do not even skip a tiny message even if it might be silly or irrelevant.
4.) Do you have requests? Do you need features? Provided it's not so far away or not bounded by strict API policies (because of Google), depending on the priority list of the team, sooner or later you will have it. Just be patient and give them some time. Though how you quickly need it or how urgent it might be or how crucial it might be; just remember that they are 'simply' humans...
5.) The platform have a wonderful Community page in Google+ where you have the chance to meet wonderful people from all over the world with different apps, different needs, different requests etc. With this, you will also have the chance to develop your abilities and limits by learning from them. Community owns outstanding moderators who are also exprienced AppSheet developers. Each post is replied with great care and with light speed. This is the place where you feel the warmth of a family, intimacy and you clearly see how everyone cares about you and your problems.

The mobile app DIY platform I returned to.

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2016
Matt V.
Founder & CEO
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: When I was first looking for a mobile app development platform, I wanted something simple to use but powerful enough to allow me to completely customize the app to the vision I had in my head. When I first started using AppSheet it was only 7 months after they went live; at that point it was still in it's early stages and experiencing many growing pains. I found myself running into the limitations of the platform at that time and was frustrated enough I began looking around for another solution. After playing around for a few weeks, I found myself constantly going back to AppSheet and playing around more and more. I'd find a limitation on another platform that didn't exist in AppSheet, I'd get frustrated that I'd have to learn a TON of stuff for one platform and return to AppSheet again because of it's ease of use. So after weeks of looking around I realized that AppSheet was the platform I was looking for and I just had to find ways to accomplish the goals I had. Fast forward 10 months and you wouldn't believe the platform was the same. The AppSheet team publishes so many updates (almost daily) that it's hard to keep up! And their support is better than any I've seen. They've got an online community where you can actually get answers from the developers themselves. Got an issue, one of the programmers will take a look at your app and tell you what's wrong. Confused about how to get something to work, the community is filled with users who're very knowledgeable about the platform and are always willing to help a fellow user out. In the 9 months that I've been using AppSheet I've seen multiple ideas I've suggested become a reality; that's how important their user feedback is to them.... it drives the future of the platform. AppSheet is the best of both worlds; it's simple enough that anyone can make a simple app in minutes with NO coding involved, yet complex enough that you can build an entire business management system from end to end on the platform. If you're looking for a mobile app DIY platform to create a solution for a problem you have... AppSheet really is the one to choose.

Very easy way to create a functional mobile app with simple spreadsheets

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018
Ethan J.
Maintenance Manager
2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, this worked fairly well for our company at the beginning. We used it to organize work orders for technicians and we loved the customization options, however, we ended up growing out of it and switched to a software that was more expensive, but already set up to handle the work load we have.

Pluspunten: It's very easy to create an app with some simple data. You can add many fields and it's much easier to create this type of app than to learn code and become an app developer. It's pretty user friendly and has a lot of simply easy to use features. You can add maps, phone numbers, forms, price lists, or slideshows. It's a great way to organize work for a team and everyone can easily see it. Very customizable.

Minpunten: If you use the free version, there is a very long loading time required. If you use the paid version, it might be worth your time to look into software that is customized to your business needs already. You may find something for slightly more that will work well. You will be using Google Sheets for all your data and information. If you are uncomfortable with a spreadsheet, this may not be the best for you.

A Review of AppSheet.

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018
Ryan T.
Civiele techniek, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The graphic user interface involving toggle buttons and icons are very helpful and increase efficiency in app creation. Overall this great mobile app has saved us a lot of headache. Highly recommended for industry firms that might specialize in keeping track of sales and also the hospitality sector.

Pluspunten: AppSheet has been an incredible mobile application. It has helped our company to establish high quality iOS and Android apps. It's helpful that AppSheet can draw information directly from Excel spreadsheets and from items uploaded to Dropbox. The customizable apps generated are gorgeous. Company logos and colors can be as abstract or sleek as imaginable and apps can be updated by the end user. It's great! Lots of support, and fair pricing that is on a per month basis. Nothing shady.

Minpunten: I will say AppSheet takes a bit of time to get through the learning curve. Brand new users might experience some frustration. But after the initial learning period, AppSheet definitely becomes easy.

We use Appsheet to develop data collection practices for our NGO supporting refugees in Jordan

Beoordeeld op 25-3-2018
Jason W.
Director of Data and Marketing
Maatschappelijk werk
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Appsheet has given us the ability to build our data collection and management practices in a modular way, which allows us to take advantage of their specific value in the context of our wider stack. Because our budget is limited, it's so helpful to use software such as Appsheet to get the best value for our money.

Pluspunten: Appsheet is quick to deploy, powerfully-featured, and reasonably-priced for our needs. We've been able to rapidly build and iterate our data collection and management practices. Because we rely on volunteers and short-term interns, it's important that the software be easy to use and maintain, and we've found that the ramp up period is short.

Minpunten: Because we work with apps in both English and Arabic, it's important that we be able to switch between the languages, or even use both in certain fields. The support for left-to-right and right-to-left languages could be improved. We understand this is a pretty narrow use case, but it would allow greater adoption in the refugee space.

A paper plane that will take you far away

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Andrés e. B.
Analista sénior
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I could say that this type of tool is one of those that we have to dare to use even when we do not have much training in the area. The results can be extremely good.

Pluspunten: I had the opportunity to participate in a tourism project with a partner dedicated to the systems area and the experience with this complement was very good. I think he made the job easier for us during the development of the mobile app. Even for non-programmers, it can be easy to use. It is based on "Excel" spreadsheets and the data structure is quite simple. Some of the things that caught our attention are related to its functionalities: It allows you to establish small workflows, it supports GPS, maps. There is the possibility of activating notifications and as if that were not enough, you can access it without a connection. Another interesting aspect, which also goes hand in hand with the Digital Transformation process, is storage. You can use any Cloud provider. Which gives it a very high value, at least from my point of view.

Minpunten: Personally I see no negative points, I think it is a tool that gives opportunity to professionals who are not from technical areas to learn and create or work on very interesting projects.

A platform that takes the tedium out of building mobile apps

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2019
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Launching the app and aligning it to end-user demands and expectations has not been a challenge at all. Since it is a dev+hosting platform, things are very much under my control. Helpful features like cloning an entire app make discovery and troubleshooting painless. More importantly, you pay only for the actual number of users!

Pluspunten: For non-techies, with some basic understanding of application software and their usecases and essential database awareness, Appsheet lets you offer practical solutions very quickly and cost-effectively. I have not seen any other platform that makes it so dumbed down.

Minpunten: There are limitations that are quite possible for a platform that is still evolving. But, nothing so much that will force you to look for alternatives.

Excellent app for people who are not programmers

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2017
Patrick O.
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have other applications that are built by programmers and this is an easier application to adjust and improve upon quickly.

Pluspunten: This is a great way to develop applications that work for your specific need. There are many options of functions that can be performed in this application, and there is a low cost to rolling the apps out. They are constantly updating the features of the application making it more user friendly. It is really great that it works of a database in google, which gives it a very stable platform and is easy to switch between users in the app and administrators who may need to cull the data.

Minpunten: If you are not in the programming world some of the functions are a little more complicated to use, and take some trial and error.

Appsheet is very easy to use

Beoordeeld op 19-10-2018
Docent Nederlands en Levensbeschouwing, leerlingbegeleider
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I work in a K12 education context, used to be a teacher for 40+ years. While I am nearing my pension, I have had an enormous amount of fun building this app.

Pluspunten: The ease of use. No coding required. You can gradually build your app and learn while doing this. I found there was a gradual learning curve that met my needs and my capability.

Minpunten: Sometimes, it takes a long to synchronize. The way to correct mistakes that you make is not always obvious and you will need help. But on the other hand, the community is large enough and very helpful, so you will never have these problems for a longer period.

If you thought getting a mobile app for your business was expensive and tough, think AppSheet.

Beoordeeld op 29-12-2017
Vallabhan C.
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our field sales team is brought together on a common platform that is easy for the users and managers as well. The spreadsheet interface also allows almost all usuaal spreadsheet app capabilities to be made use of easily

Pluspunten: Its the ease of building an app from a Google Sheet and then having the freedom to shape it up with a full-fledged admin panel. And the beauty is that I haven't had to use the admin panel for months together: the app has been going on and on, without any interruption! I have no piece of hardware or software to worry about or monitor on a daily basis

Skype for instant communication

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019
Program Buyer
Automotive, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We can work simultaneously in one screen , small window of Skype open to communicate and other windows open to read or collect information.
Can do instant messaging or video calls at cheaper rate than phone calls. It's user friendly and easy to access

Minpunten: We can't save the communication at our desired location or folder like we can save the emails.

very good tool to create your own mobile application in a matter of seconds for Android and iOS

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2018
Consultor SOA
501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: if you want to have a mobile application for Android and iOS AppSheet is a good tool for that. allows us to create a mobile application quickly and easily from its tools and where it offers us to start testing your application for free.
The good thing about AppSheet is that it is not necessary to know the programming codes to develop our application. We can do it in a simple way and where we can find enough documentation on the web to guide us and build a mobile application.

Minpunten: Although AppSheet offers a lot of tools and ways to develop an app we can find a development limitation and problems that would not be the case if the development were done with code.

This website makes it possible to make quick easy apps that tie into data already in google sheets.

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2017
Ashley W.
Inventory Manager
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helped organize my life.

Pluspunten: It is quick and easy to use. You do not have to have prior experience in app building. Their help forum provides a lot of support and good resources for problem solving.

Minpunten: I think it's a little spendy since you have to have a payment plan for each app you want to deploy. You could design a simple website and have it hosted for cheaper.

AppSheet - Great for my music school

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2016
Brian K.
Tech Manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I work at a music school with about 35 employees, mostly music teachers. We had been looking for a way to transition from lesson notes in individual teacher binders to a paperless system to cut waste and improve communication between teachers and administration. We use a lot of Google Sheets, so the AppSheet platform was a good fit. In fact, it turned that the capabilities of AppSheet wildly exceeded our initial plan. Now, not only are the lesson notes paperless, but their cross-referenced to students' other programs, and students can request materials and schedule performances within the app. One of the other administrators told me yesterday he doesn't know how we functioned before the app existed. It's an eight year old business, and we've been using the app for five weeks. I gave it three stars for ease of use mostly because I failed to use the easy parts. I very quickly started using the Advanced Editor, and I think that a person's perception of that part of the service as easy or difficult to use will depend mostly on what you've experienced in the past. I don't have a great point of reference personally, but I have successfully used a lot of expressions and integrations in AppSheet despite having no training or formal experience with coding, and a limited history of spreadsheet use. I've had to contact customer service a few times through their user community. A couple of times my troubles turned out to be bugs, which were resolved within an hour of my post (once on a Saturday). In all cases support was responsive and thorough.

A must have for spreadsheet enthusiasts

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2016
Ryan A.
Wealth Management Advisor
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I rarely write reviews, but AppSheet is most deserving. I use Excel spreadsheets for almost every aspect of my business. I have sheets for payroll, inventory, proposals, analytics, etc. They help me make informed decisions on a day to day basis.
While I love spreadsheets, it is not easy to access them when I am away from my computer. This is where Appsheet comes in handy.
With AppSheet, I can now turn my spreadsheets into a fully functioning app on my phone and input data whenever I want. I also can access my data through the customizable app and create an entirely new way to deal with my spreadsheets. I especially love the ability to create my own user interface and make the app look exactly how I want.
After creating an app based on a simple spreadsheet, I had a number of colleagues tell me how amazing the app was. They think that I'm a programmer and can build any type of app for them, when in reality I know nothing about app creation. I can build a spreadsheet, but I would fail miserably if I had to create an app. With AppSheet, I can do both now.
If you are using spreadsheets for personal or business purposes, I would highly suggest to take some time to get familiar with Appsheet. I would say that the learning curve is rather short and, like anything else, the longer you spend time with it, the better you will be. You need to also join the online forum so you can get support on any question. The online support is a community of users who are eager to help you solve your problem, big or small.