Over Todoist

Todoist helpt mensen zich te organiseren, zodat ze een aangenamer en rustiger leven kunnen leiden.

Meer informatie over Todoist

The 2 big features for me are the templates and the projects. Templates are special to do lists created by experts or the community.

There are some features that are lacking such as inability to add details to your tasks, limited entries and even some basic features such as reminders are not available in the free version.

Beoordelingen van Todoist

Waar voor je geld

Todoist heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.563 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Todoist eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.563)

Praveen A.
Praveen A.
Software Developer in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Your User Friendly Productivity app but not Feature Rich

5 2 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love Todoist for the ease of use but the features are lacking. I love Amazing Marvin for its features but it is not easy to use. I wish Todoist can inspire from other advanced productivity tools in market and add more features.

I love the task scheduling feature in Todoist because it can convert plain text to due dates automatically. Quick reschedule feature saves a lot of time. In a nutshell it is mid tier in features but top tier in ease of use for the features it offers. The gamification feature (karma points) are basic but does the job to keep me engaged to keep using Todoist and stay productive.

The workflow management is basic and a lot to be desired here. You can create a board style project but there are no automations not even basic like close the task when I move to Done section. They can improve gamification a lot to keep people more engaged. Procrastination counter can be a great help for procrastinators like me to know how many times I have rescheduled a task.

Operations Coordinator in Canada
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great tool for personal tasks management/scheduling

5 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: A great tool to be on top of your priorities, tasks, to-dos, schedule, etc. I love how user-friendly it is with great UX/UI.

I love how easy it is to use and how much personalized you can be in terms of your tasks and to-dos. I use it on a personal task level, to manage and schedule everything. I love to be on top of everything I have to get done and this tool is certainly an amazing way to do that! I can also share my tasks / to-dos with other people (friends, family, co-workers) and we can all be on the same page. I love how intuitive and user-friendly it is. I love how it works well across platforms (desktop/mobile). I love that it has a very complete free version.

I don't miss any particular features nor have anything to complain as of now, especially considering that the free version is already great.

Hylda F.
Manager in VS
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great for a personal task list, but not ideal for client task tracking

3 2 weken geleden Nieuw

I like that I could get reminders for specific tasks

It is not ideal for project task management for multiple clients that involves billing.

Ami B.
Copywriter in Australië

Perfect Your Productivity With Todoist, Not Your Trello Board

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used them all. From AirTable to ClickUp. From Asana to Trello. I liked them all for two weeks, and then I got lost in the formulas. I desperately just wanted something that looked like a to-do list. I'm fairly tech-savvy. I'm used to Excel spreadsheets, and I enjoy automation. But when it comes to project management, I found that I was spending more time sorting out my Trello boards (or any other board) to be presentable, set up automations, and generally maintain it, than actually getting work done. I'm a copywriter, and my business revolves around creating copy for clients. As such, time management is a massive part of what I do. So, I needed to find something that was simple, presented clearly, and easily edited. Then I found todoist. It's brilliantly straightforward. You need to set up different 'workspaces', but it's literally just different lists. I use a different list for different clients. They can see only their list, and no one else's. Then, click the + button to add tasks. You can add subtasks, too, which is super useful. I personally LOVE the noise it makes when you cross off one of your tasks. A super pleasing 'click' like noise. You can set daily goals of the number of tasks you want to complete, too, which is good for productivity. Overall, Todoist has a really simple design, and an even simpler user-experience. But that's why I love it so much.

I love how straightforward Todoist is to use. The design is clean and clear, and everything about it is just as simple. I was fed up with the complex formulas of other project management software. I'm a massive fan of the subtasks feature. You can create smaller tasks underneath a bigger task, which, as a copywriter, is very useful. I can pop in tasks like 'Competitor Research', and then place subtasks under this that help me finalize the task. I also love that you can set notifications as deadlines. It's almost like an alarm that pings when you need to get something done. You can customize it, too, to send you reminders a certain number of days ahead of time. That helps your productivity massively. You can also add on clients to your lists, so they can monitor the progress that has been made.

There are no massive negatives to this software. There are areas they could grow. AirTable, for example, has automations that you can set up. So, if a task has been completed, an automatic email (which you can customize) is sent to the client informing them a task has been completed. If Todoist wanted to do something like that, I think it's important for them to remember that their appeal is simplicity, so it would need to be consistent with that.

Maribel J.
Maribel J.
Freelancer in Ecuador
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Remember use

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is similar in function to Trello and Monday but each has its own quirks.
I use Todoit as a bookmarking apparatus for something I really want to view, read, or compose later.
So it has been something of a lifeline, permitting me to smooth out my work life and arrange the many short ventures and errands I need to do.

The application gives you heaps of ways of cutting up your lineup for the day, for example, top choices, different need levels and lables, the association, variety coding, names/tabs, arranging, and review insight of this application all are solid highlights. The plan is spotless and clear, and every little thing about it is comparably straightforward. I was tired of the complicated equations of other venture the executives programming. I love the subtasks include.

The free form is incredible to test the help however too restricted to even think about utilizing as day to day driver. Here and there I've experienced bugs while attempting to add an assignment (The "add task" button will bafflingly be impaired), compelling me to restart.

Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.
Senior Director Of Digital Marketing in VS
Detailhandel, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A robust tool for team collaboration

4 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: With ToDoist I can stop having so many projects in my list since I can have one in general and several sub projects within it. I like it a lot because I can receive comments by email, and I can upload files up to 5mb. In the Premium version we can attach notes and files, mobile and email reminders, location alerts, tag system, custom filters, task search, add emails as tasks, access to tasks through the calendar, productivity monitoring, unlimited sync. templates for projects or you can make one from scratch, Todoits makes automatic backups.

I like this application because it manages my tasks and projects, Todoist is a software with a very simple interface. We can find this app for free in the App Store for iOS and Android, for smartwatch of both systems, for Windows and MacOS, Plugins for Chrome, Firefox and Safari, Within the application it has several payment systems, its use is free , but to access various features you must purchase a Premium or Business account. It is the best option if you need to break your tasks into smaller and more practical steps. Todoist allows you to organize your tasks by projects, I can also create sub projects and sub tasks, shortcuts can be used to find a task already done. In each task we can establish a series of data such as labels (this option requires Premium) to contextualize the tasks, themes, etc. In addition to the labels we have a filter system.

The only thing I don't like is that its interface is not as flashy and colorful as other similar apps.

Amit D.
Amit D.
Marketing Manager in India
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

This tool is very user friendly and easy to use for to-do management

5 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This is the best tool for my day planning and increasing productivity. I'm very satisficed with this tool

Todoist helps me organize my day and tasks. I really like the interface and it's easy to use. It is the first time I use a to-do list and I'm really glad I did. It's simple yet powerful and very user-friendly. It has many useful features like adding tasks, task colors, task priority, task labels, subtask, task notes and more.

This tool is absolutely perfect and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Nick N.
Nick N.
Key Account Manager in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers

Phenomenal,brilliant and incredible tool for tasks management.

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Enables ease to complete tasks on time.
Recurring tasks feature is very helpful.
Tasks prioritization.

I'm delighted how I use Todoist to organize,create and manage my daily tasks and to-do lists.I can easily track the progress of tasks and projects with Todoist.

Todoist achieves all my needs hence I got nothing to pinpoint as drawback.

María G.
María G.
Financial Account Manager in Spanje
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Magnificent,flexible and splendid tool for tasks management.

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Enables ease of task scheduling.
Ease to track task and project progress.

It's simple to track and view status of tasks and projects.I like the ease to create and manage daily to-do and tasks.

Nothing to dislike so far since it suits best all my needs.It's worth having.

Pedro G.
Pedro G.
Project Engineer in Spanje
Civiele techniek, 10.000+ werknemers

An outstanding tool for organizing and managing daily to-do lists and tasks.

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Ease to track tasks and projects progress.
Ease to organize and manage tasks and projects.

It's simple to plan,organize and create daily to-do lists and tasks. It's simple to assign tasks to teams. Allows teams to collaborate seamlessly on their daily work.

I haven't encountered any drawback while working with Todoist.

Project Manager in Italië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The Task Manager you'll actually want to use

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Todoist is great. In search of more complex features, I tried many other alternatives, but in the end I found myself always coming back here. Its ease and pleasantness of use are something I cannot do without.

I have tried tons of project management and task management solutions but this is by far my favorite. The interface is clear and simple to use, always responsive and reliable. My favorite feature? The automatic recognition of the task information from the entered text. This is literally the feature I want in every other project management platform and the one that always keeps me coming back to Todoist. The simplicity with which I can write "Do this tomorrow at 12:00 #projectname @label" and the system automatically puts everything in its place ... I can't help it.

Although Todoist's greatest strength is its ease of use, in the professional world sometimes you feel the need for a few more features. A more granural sharing system, multi-step activity status management, different views for the activity list, gantt charts, etc.). There are many things that could be added and that many other more complete project management platforms offer.

Rob T.
Rob T.
Digital Marketer in VK

Todoist - An Excellent Task Manager

4 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: On the whole I have found Todoist to be an excellent help. It allows me to check in and see what's on my schedule when I'm away from all of my other devices and it's helped me to keep track of all of my tasks and events.

I really like Todoist because the interface is simple, yet powerful. Once you get used to it, there are so many things you can do with it. For example, I use a lot of filters to view only the tasks that are relevant to me at any given moment. For instance, I have a "Today" filter that shows all my tasks for today, and I have a "Starred" filter that shows all my tasks that I am currently excited about and don't want to lose track of. I love having the big picture of all my goals while still being able to focus on one individual task at time.

Todoist is one of the most popular to-do list apps, but there are a couple of things that Todoist could do better. First, Todoist doesn’t have proper “subtasks” like Wunderlist does. You can nest tasks inside projects in Todoist, but they don’t roll up into the parent task—it’s just a way to visually organize your tasks. If you want subtasks in Todoist, you have to create regular tasks and add them as dependencies to the main task, so you see them in your Today view or as Overdue. Second, Todoist doesn’t have a way to assign due dates to subtasks—you can only set a single due date for the entire project. If you assign dates to the subtasks themselves (which get hidden in the project view), they don’t show up in your calendar view and there’s no way to roll them up into the parent task.

Executive Coach in Duitsland
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Trailblazer

5 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really liked it. Todoist works exceptionally well, smooth like butter and does not get in the way of organizing your life. The minimalist design language was one of the first of its kind back when they first started out as an online-only service. In the meantime they have introduced native apps for all major platforms. Expect this to just work, and work well. Tags are an especially useful future as are priorities. This helps you see with a glance (or using a filtering function) what is relevant or important. Todoist is great if you want to adhere to the GTD philosophy or if you want to create your own customized system to manage your tasks. I have not used the collaborative function but would expect it to work well too.

Todoist has keyboard shortcuts down. That makes it easy and fast to navigate once you are familiar with it. Quick entry is easy and fast. The app gives you lots of ways to slice and dice your todo list, such as favorites, different priority levels and lables. Different views, such as a Kanban type of board can help organize and manage your task list. One thing that makes Todoist especially easy to use is that you can add tasks by email, you can add attachements (the word doc you need to read is right there).

I am not a fan of subscription services. The free version is great to test the service but too limited to use as daily driver. If you are ok with paying a monthly fee, then the 4$/month (3$ if you pay for the whole year upfront) is a reasonable ask. This and the sheer number of functions steered me towards an alternative as I was looking for something simpler. In my experience, more features just meant more distractions from actually checking off items on my task list.

Martha M.
Occupational Health and Safety Manager in Malawi
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

You can do it with Todoist

4 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day. The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable. When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly. Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing. Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online. You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice. The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc. I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Maszni A.
Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer in Maleisië
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Get organized with Todoist

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

Zeynel A.
Mechanical Engineer in Turkije
Machine- en installatiebouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer

One of the sofware I wish I had been used before

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I use Todoist for almost anything in my life. From managing complex project to editing watching, reading shopping list, to scheduling my workout plan to tracking my monthly progress and so on. I also use this software as a bookmark tool for something I need to watch, read or write later. It is like part of my life.

* It provides almost anything you expect from a productivity app. * Not only does it help you to create or manage your task but it also motivate you with its feature of karma level. * The feature of 2 way sync with Google Calendar is great. I can easily schedule my task and plan my day in a calendar, without even have to open Todoist. Being able to create new sub-calendar in your calendar for each project in Todoist, is even better. * You can create sub-tasks in sub-task in a subs-task and so on. Moreover, for each sub-task, you can add due date, notes. And this feature is really precious while you working on complex project. * Sorting and grouping features make task management more effective. * There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. Just typing with keyboard, you can add task, set the due date and priority level and move it to any project. That makes editing projects even faster. * There are board and list view options. It is really helpful while dealing with different types of projects. * There are well-organized templates to create a project faster. * You can create so many project and easily edit, sort, or group them. * Scheduling options are more than enough. It is so powerful editing recurring tasks. * Maybe some of the features require payment but I can't complain about it because it is not so expensive and it is effective enough without it premium feature.

* Although its 2-way sync with Calendars is really powerful, it would better if there was a calendar view option. * Sometimes, there may be a sync problems with Calendar apps. * I used to monitor multi-project in one screen. But I cannot do it anymore, after the new updates. * There could be habit tracker option for recurring tasks .

Alexandra T.
Project manager in Slowakije
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Using todoist since student’s years

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have been using Todoist for a few years now.it makes my time management easier and more open to possible changes.I also greatly appreciated my last year’s statistics of use, which arrived at the beginning of this year.

Allowance to plan far into the future is surely a great advantage of this software. Just as possibility of prioritization is, with possibilities to diferentiate with colours. A great advantage of this software is tha I can use it all over my devices, my phone, macook, iwatch and ipad. That is also why i decided to try it out, as there are only few time-management softwares available on apple watch. Another great thing is that it allowed me to play freely even without paid subscription. I appreciated this a lot during my studenťs period of life. I use Todoist every day.it is helpful for both my personal and work life.

Its unchangable colorful scheme. The red is somehow agressive, combined with contrastive white. Would surely appreciate to be able to change colours:) Even though it is great to plan some tasks in Todoist, I am unable to track my project development.I would surely appreciate a update Which would allow me to maybe create an individual calendar, in which I would plan on my doing of the project separately from other tasks. It is tiring to be using another software for this, when could there be only one. Another detail which I noticed at the beginning is a little bit unfriendly interface of Todoist. that is why I would not recommend Todoist to my older colleagues.there are many hidden functions, which I keep on discovering, which I would like to had known before, so that they could have been put to good use.

Darien C.
Darien C.
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

Souhil S.
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur in Algerije
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best To Do List Tool for Everyone

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It helped me to save a lot of time and stay focused on what's important because now I know what I have to do daily and everything is saved in the app.
I tried a lot of To-Do List apps and after trying Todoist I can say I finally found what I'm looking for and I'm really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs a To-Do List app.

I love it because It's Free and easy to use and I like the clean user interface because It's user friendly and everyone can get used to it in a few minutes also, I like the dark theme option. I like the Productivity tracking feature because now I can see all the completed tasks and I can set daily and weekly goals. The clean UI is amazing and without any complicated stuff, you can add projects, labels, and filters with just a few clicks. The mobile app for me is the best because it has all the features and it's very easy and with a clean and simple user interface. I can sort my Tasks by priority, project, name or by date, or even by the assignee. I like the Inbox because I can write my ideas or any general tasks and things I need to do and things I don't need to create a project for them. Today and Upcoming section are great because I see just what I need to do for example today and I really don't need to worry about tomorrow's tasks...etc.and this gives me the motivation I need to start working and finishing my daily tasks. I like the cards and how easy I can move them between the sections and also, I like the sub-tasks option because it helped me to stay organized. I like the Emails I get and this is a cool way to remind me if I missed a task or something. I can schedule any task using their calendar option and I can have like one week or one month calendar. There is a lot of helpful YouTube videos about this tool and I learned a lot from them.

They can add a note-taking option for us because sometimes we need to take quick notes. They can add a built-in Emoji feature to add some fun and cool stuff to our Lists and Projects. They can add more helpful features for us in the near future.

Yoana B.
Owner in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Works really well until I had too many tasks and then...overwhelm!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really like the interace and ease of use, it's one of my favorite apps in terms of the UI. It's a really quick setup, the fonts are clean and easy to read, the tags and projects are colored nicely, it just wasn't the app that helped me actually get things done.

While I was using this software, I really liked the sleek and modern interface to add new tasks. It was quick, easy, and the UI was awesome. I wish all task management apps had an UI like Todoist. The tagging feature was also super quick to add, which saves me time adding tasks. The feature to reschedule tasks I didn't do based on the load for my week was good, not as good as Skedpal (which is why I switched) but better than I've seen in other task managemetn apps I've tried and used. I also really liked the minimalism of the screen, I never felt that it was too clunky or too many options being displayed at once and overwhelming me.

The reason I switched is because I had so many tasks added in I became overwhelmed. This isn't necessarily the apps fault, I should add time in my calendar to do a weekly review, etc... but it just wasn't happening. I switched to SkedPal because it schedules the tasks for me on my calendar, ensuring I get them done. With ToDoist, if something didn't get done, I would have an overdue task, and then need to schedule it into my calendar myself and spend time figuring out what time slot, etc..., then go back to Todoist if the time didn't work out, etc... it wasn't flexible enough to auto schedule and place it on my calendar with the option to roll over to the next day if not completed. (At least at the time that I used it). If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done because other things will fill my calendar and then I'm out of time and my Todoist tasks are not completed.

Nigel M.
IT Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Get things done in style!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have become a ToDoist advocate and highly promote ToDoist to everyone I work with. My clients have now started to share projects with me and 1:1 collaboration is in place with as many team members that I need to work with.

ToDoist has been amazing! It's so simple to create shared projects and collaborate in tasks. Start by getting your team together to offload all the clutter from their minds and organise this into manageable workflows. ToDoist has been great in reducing email, converse more in person and use the comment feature to communicate on each individual task.

I can't find any faults with it in all the years I've been using it. It's amazing!

Faith M.
Owner in VS
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

Keeps Us Organized and On Task

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

Steve M.
Steve M.
Director of Digital Marketing in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Kristen G.
Web Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

Billing Specialist in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

How would I live without it?

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.