Over Box

Box is een modern platform voor contentbeheer dat transformeert hoe organisaties werken en samenwerken om sneller resultaten te bereiken.

Meer informatie over Box

Easier to use than Dropbox. Better customer service.

If you don't know what "folder" a document is in - or even its exact document name, the search tool can be very difficult, and almost useless.

Beoordelingen van Box

Waar voor je geld

Box heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 4.460 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Box eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (4.460)

Evelyn
Evelyn
Digital Marketing Manager & Content Creator in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Reliable System

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience has been always good with this software despite they reduced considerably the space I used to have when changed their prices strategy.

The user interface is very user friendly. The price is very fair compared with some competitors. It does provide several features to host and manage documents, other than just hosting them in the cloud.

It fell behind some alternatives such as OneDrive or GoogleDrive which have much more integrations and document capabilities.

Professor in Italië
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Smooth and feature-rich

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use Box to backup and sync shared projects. I appreciate the fact that my contacts can set up a fully-functional Box account for free, something that makes it considerably easier to bring them on board. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, so you get started in a few minutes and then are good to go. The web interface helps you learn about collaboration features that make your work more productive.

While most of the time I just use Box as a way to backup and share files on the cloud, I have occasionally used its collaboration features and I find them amazing. Team members can exchange messages, views, links regarding a document that is being drafted. Some of these functions were gradually added to productivity softwares like Office, but you are bound to use OneDrive to have them (and I don't want to be captured by a specific cloud storage provider).

The desktop client has had occasional crashes from time to time, but I am unsure whether this may depend on my side (e.g., Windows updates that need some days to be "digested" by the Box software). Overall, I find this product stable and reliable. In my limited experience, I cannot think of any major feature that is not already included.

Maheva
Programme Coordinator in Denemarken
Duurzaamheid en milieu, 11-50 werknemers

Good archiving and document sharing tools that enable collaborative work

3,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Easy system to use. Good search and document sharing function. The sync function is a bit clunky and requires some thinking to identify which document we want/need to sync. The various sharing/copying/moving options are not really intuitive and requires a bit of a learning curve.

Ability to share big documents for collaborative works. Ability to classify documents easily using folders, enabling the user to invite collaborators to contributes to specific work areas/topics/documents

The sync function could be inproved: some documents may takes a long time getting synced, delaying collaborative work.

Paul
Paul
System Administrator in Zuid-Afrika
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers

My Honest And Practical Experience With Box IT Enterprise Product

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Box is an encrypt IT Product which facilitate online files sharing, documents creation and backups, files syncing, integration within existing softwares such as Excel,Word, PowerPoint and others.
Box is intuitive and has intrusive design to perform its functionality and services.

Being self-explanatory software possessing all advanced features which adapt it to overall quality cloud documents filing and sharing services. Being lightweight software. It is customizable to fit user's need. All file folders are on user's fingers tips.

Nothing to complain in relation to its functionality and performance since it over delivers all.

Chyna
musician in VS
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Box Is Great For Document Storage and Sharing!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I am able to use Box with a free account and still get great use out of it! I use Box for mp3 sharing so the files are generally smaller. I haven't had to worry about my storage being full a of yet.

I will say that the upgrade options do offer relatively low storage upgrades for the price. For $14 per month you can upgrade to the personal pro plan and get 100GB of storage, while a competitors offer closer to 1TB for maybe $10 per month. So it can get a little pricey depending on the size of your files and how many files you need to store.

Maite
Maite
Software Developer in Mexico
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

File exchanges seamlessly and quickly

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We implement it with a safe way to migrate data from one place to another, it allows data to be sent from web pages without problems to keep everything in correct order and harmony, it also has a quite functional and necessary storage system

What I like the most is that everything can be executed directly online, it allows you to share files from wherever you are and this in the long run only improves work efficiencies in a greater way, it is a collaborative tool and it can also be connected without problems with the company's website facilitating interaction and that you can be aware of everything without failures or need to install other systems

I particularly like it because it is a complete business solution, I do not have any suggestions or something that I would like to change, it has been a tool that has been adapted in recent years, so I have no problems

Lauren
Teacher in VS
Managementconsulting
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Considered for education-related file sharing, but not the one chosen

4,5 6 jaar geleden

I loved Box. We used it for over a year to share files between teachers on a science team. I never had a problem with it-- it was reliable and really intuitive. I never had to contact Box support which is a good thing. It always synced just fine. It was a very eye pleasing and user friendly interface. The ability to drag and drop was perfect. Honestly I saw no real difference between Box and Dropbox. I liked them both equally.

The biggest gripe I had was how quickly we ran out of free storage. I know we could have upgraded, but we did not. I believe my company stopped using it because of the price, but I am not sure what that price was. We are part of a public school that tries to find free options for file sharing and storage. I did feel like the software slowed my computer down a bit when it was running, so I just shut it down between uses. Other than that, I really liked it.

Khan md mohaiminul
Khan md mohaiminul
Civil engineer in Bangladesh
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

Good option for storing data in cloud

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with BOX is okey, it has good user interface,takes less time to master.
Files are secured properly.
Can create custom files link ,so that my files I can operate perfectly.
Can use from any device ,but desktop apps sometime make me worry about this provider, they need to focus on it's development, sometimes we are worried about software crash .

Minimalist view of the interface , assure user that it's easy to use. Drag and drop feature helps us to navigate between our files easily. Sharing files is very secured here. Uploading and downloading speed is very good ,it's takes less time to share files to other team member. Good for collaboration. Can create custom links of shared document, and when collaborator accept invetition , immediately get notification. Real time synchronization is up to date, we easily view files. Price is less than other similar service provider

Main problem we face with desktop client , it stops randomly , sometimes without any notice it crashes/freeze. We observe during uploading files it's not responding, after canceling, when we resume again ,problem seems solved. Customer support is active but sometime it's takes time to respond.

Marie Jeanne
Marie Jeanne
CEO in Kameroen
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Box is the best tool

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Box allowed me to better keep my data and files safe.

What I liked about this software is that security is guaranteed.

What I liked least is its implausible interface.

Nipon
Nipon
Executive director in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Box - A robust cloud storage platform and file sharhing app under $50

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Moderate.

High download and upload speed in all versions which made auto backup or syncing faster. Easy encrypted file sharing.

Bit expensive. Similar or even better service available at half price

Medical Analist in India
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Outstanding product

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I'm just taken in by the quality-to-cheap ratio. Box provides a wide range of highly competent services at a reasonable price.

Simple, intuitive, simple to use, and offers data transfer and networking that is extremely secure. Box also provides excellent value for the money. Although I primarily use Box to store and exchange files online, I have occasionally used its collaborative tools and I absolutely love them. Regarding a document that is being drafted, team members can share thoughts, opinions, and links. Some of these features were progressively added to productivity programs like Office, but you need to use OneDrive to get them (and I don't want to be identified with a particular cloud storage service). Simple, intuitive, simple to use, and offers data transfer and networking that is extremely secure. Box also provides excellent value for the money. Although I primarily use Box to store and exchange files online, I have occasionally used its collaborative tools and I absolutely love them. Regarding a document that is being drafted, team members can share thoughts, opinions, and links. Some of these features were progressively added to productivity programs like Office, but you need to use OneDrive to get them (and I don't want to be identified with a particular cloud storage service).

Box offers services that are just as amazing as the things it offers. Sorry but I am not able to find any cons

Mona
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

4 in 1

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This experience has left me feeling mostly satisfied and impressed with Box.
They have a great idea here and it saves time in a variety of situations. For me having a document already imported saves a lot of time, I don’t have to go and search for it or try and remember where it’s stored. If I have a question I can ask and receive an answer without leaving Box.

This is one of the best because it’s like having 4 in 1. Cloud management, collaboration, assignment schedule, and electronic signature with Box Sign. It’s not too expensive and all the things I get are used daily. It couldn’t be easier to use for electronic signatures, the documents are already in Box so I don’t need to send them out. I don’t have to directly share something for others to see it, but I can share directly if I want to and it’s easy. There is a message board that can be kept open and assignments can be created and scheduled. Box can open Adobe or PDF, Word, and Google Docs files, it’s opened or read all files I’ve imported. This is secure enough to use for legal documents or client records, it’s protected with encryption and requires little monitoring.

Box Sign is easy to use but it’s not as good as it could be. I don’t think the cloud storage management is the best, the other ladies at the office agree. File versions became lost and the overall manner of storing wasn’t great.

Richard in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Good for off site back up, I tend to use Sync for the day-to-day though

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, they are OK for stuff that I've encrypted myself and just want to have a redundant backup. I really should figure out how to use amazon glacier for that, but box makes it too easy and cheap. There's only so many hours in the day.

I like that this software just works without a bunch of hassle. I also like that box is not, to my knowledge, google or microsoft. No need to have either of them snooping through my files. At the time I switched from dropbox, I was very happy that box wasn't dropbox. I think Box used to have faster pipes than Sync but am not so sure anymore.

I think that Sync.com has a better product for my day-to-day. All I really want is secure storage and for all my computers to sync up certain directories. I don't want to ever doubt that every file is synced onto every computer. I left dropbox because their smartsync made me wonder if I was getting what I wanted. I think Sync is the company that is most focused on giving me exactly what I want. Box is OK, but they aren't focused on the precise thing I'm after. That makes me worry that they are going to go the dropbox route and try to some "smart" thing that makes them useless to me. Also, there was the box hacker exploit discovered in 2019. I think that's when I moved important stuff to Sync.

Oscar
Marketing Director in VS
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

It is comfortable to work collaboratively in Box

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Box was born as a solution in my organization since before files were managed locally with internal servers where employees who are outside the workplace who want to access have to resort to a VPN and a type of access to the platform where they are. company files such as photos of properties for sale, rentals, sales made and other confidential files. With Box it has been possible to solve this problem of long-distance access since it only requires the employee's email to add it to the cloud and he can access it without any problem with established permissions and without requiring any type of VPN or protocol to be able to to access. It was also a good choice for this file manager in the cloud due to its plans since it is cheaper to have a certain number of box storage than to purchase physical storage with its respective backup, this greatly improves the return on investment for the organization.

Box has been the best, most intuitive and complete cloud file storage that can be had within the company where I work . I like the security that it has because that way I can protect the privacy of sensitive company files without compromising confidentiality. Its interface has reached a minimalist style that make Box seem like a simple file manager that comes with Windows, but in this case it's in the cloud. I think the feature of being able to grant access or no to all files is great, this being able to maintain better security when sharing and collaborating within Box. The dark mode allows me to have a more comfortable workflow because I am one of the people who spends a lot of time in front of the monitor and this is a great help for my eyes. I can easily work in collaborative mode and kow who made changes to the file or folder, this make it easier when it comes to projects in wich a team needs to consult or edit files without resorting to other archaic means of sharing information.

I really like most of the features of this platform but I have small drawbacks compared to some that do not harm the user experience or functionality as much. However, I would like the to improve those aspects because Box would be much more complete and attractive. Among the aspects that I want to improve is the preview of the files, for example I am intereted in certain files to verify information such as a photograph and verify that everything is fine without having to open the file, because in Box it is like blurry to see the preview and I have to open the file directly to check. Another problem that I have presented several times is that when I work with my team on a file or folder and we make changes simultaneously to maximize the workflow, there is no indication when someones is editing a document at the same time, creating several versions of the edition and turning everything into chaos.

Kavya
Graduate Student in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Probably my most used file management software

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used this while working with a team at a startup and in graduate school now. Highly recommend for both collaboration as well as backing up document and cloud storage.

Box Sync is the first thing I'd recommend if you don't have that already. It sets up a folder on your local computer that you can treat as a folder just like 'Documents' and it syncs automatically when you're connected to wifi. I also like using Box Sync with Mendeley (reference manager) because it syncs all the docs in Mendeley into a single location on Box, which is great. I can make notes in the PDFs and it syncs into Mendeley so that I can see my comments there as well. The version control has saved my many times because every time you create a new version or save a document, it holds onto old versions. This way if you accidentally overwrite something, you can usually go back into Box online, look at previous versions, and restore the right one. It's also easy to use and isn't finicky like many software.

Unlike most of my software reviews, I don't have much to say for cons.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Box is the perfect all-round solution for all file management needs

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I initially struggled to get used to their folder structures and access controls and preferred to assimilate and integrate them into the existing product I was already using. But after insistence from the team, I was forced to learn and adapt to Box. After a few days however, I started to get the hang of things and ended up using it just as much as I did my original product. I also find it more suited for smaller project teams than the alternative I was already used to.

Real time file syncing across all linked devices and accounts is truly amazing. It makes team collaboration in these times of remote working extremely efficient. And we no longer have to keep transferring documents to and fro as email attachments, which is not as secure. The comprehensive audit trail records also makes backtracking and management of unauthorized access and activity very simple.

Setting different access privileges for individual team members with access to shared folders can be a bit confusing. The process could be made a lot simpler with a tabular entries with individual columns dedicated to each access level.

Digital Sales & Partnerships Operations in VS
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent document storage & management

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Box empowered us to build a robust document repository that makes it simple for anyone on our team to find the files they're looking for.

Box has made our lives a million times easier by empowering us to store, organize, and share files of all types. We save our company assets, photos, Microsoft Word/Powerpoint/Excel docs, PDFs, etc in various folders. We love the ability to tag files so we can find them easily. The document sharing features are excellent. I especially like the preview feature (it's much better than Google Drive's preview option).

My biggest complaint about Box isn't Box's fault – it's my company's settings. My company chose to have shared file links expire after about 30 days, which is a pain in the neck sometimes.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbeidzjan
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Overwogen alternatieven:

Transfer and share files easily and securely in the cloud

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the first options in transferring our files and offering in the list of required and recommended items to companies and organizations that we consult. If you have different meetings and need different files in the meetings, safely create a secure cloud space of your files in the box because one day it will come in handy. Having a backup on the secure cloud storage is always life-saving, and experience has shown that floppy disks, CDs, and flash drives and computer headers are not enough for a successful business.

I like the simplicity and good features and the appropriate speed of Box platform, you can easily transfer files from any device to the cloud storage space of the box. I like its speed and security, you will not feel any strangeness with the software. E-Signature make it more secure and Integration with lot of apps is wonderful. The cost and price is very reasonable and economical compared to the many features it provides to the user.‌ Data Loss Protection is great.

The graphic design of the dashboard should be simpler and more tangible and can be changed to the liking of the admin, Also a feature in the dashboard should be added to display the status of shared files and folders, and the latest status of views and downloads to be clearly and simply visible to the admin.

President in VS
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers

Can't imagine running our business without Box

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We used Dropbox for a number of years, and we found it very "fragile". Without good access to different levels of security for our team, we would often find files deleted or overwritten by inexperienced employees. Once, an employee using Dropbox's desktop app accidentally deleted our entire list of files and Dropbox had to restore (taking several days). That was the straw that broke the camel's back, so we switched to Box and haven't looked back. It's secure, solid, excellent uptime, and does everything we need and more. Our company stores mission-critical contracts, source files, and other material, and it's locked down only to the appropriate users. We have nearly 7 TB of files from our company's history stored with Box and I sleep great at night knowing they're safe and secure.

The access levels for intra-company sharing are very granular, allowing us the ability to protect privileged information,

It's hard to be critical of this tool. Some of the features we never use (notes, for example) seem a little clunky, but I understand they're improving. Those are all secondary, however. The main product itself is unbeatable.

Director in Griekenland
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good Free Version but expensive Business options

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Storing documents in the cloud as a back-up solution, sharing documents with collaborators and clients.

Uploads and downloads are fast, sharing files or folders is easy, as an editor or viewer, and it is easy to use.

The Business options are expensive for small businesses since they require you to purchase multiple licenses, not only one. If you get the Individual license you are not GDPR compliant, thus it turns out to be expensive for SMEs.

Kory
Associate Investment Advisor in VS
Vermogensbeheer, 11-50 werknemers

Collaboration and Document Management at its best

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we have been very happy with our transition to Box. The features provided have exceeded our expectations and there are still more features that we haven't used yet and that are being released on a regular basis. The staff and programming teams have been extremely helpful for the set-up and customization of Box for our needs.

Box provides an intuitive platform for collaborating and sharing documents with other coworkers, while maintaining significant flexibility on permissions for maintaining security on information as needed. The search functionality and version control have made it easier to find information quickly and helps to eliminate duplication and multiple versions of files. The integration with Office 365 and other service provides have been invaluable in creating efficiencies in our daily workflows. Box's mobile friendly platform makes for simple, yet secure access anywhere when data is needed.

Box is best used as a web app rather than through the desktop app, Box Drive. When our company started use of Box, we were more familiar with navigation to files through the use of Windows Explorer. Box Drive is Box's app for accessing files through the Explorer. However, Box Drive is slow to update and more difficult to navigate, with more limited features compared to the Web app. Unfortunately, Box Drive still has to be used for certain functions of our work where the web app and/or integrations with our services do not work.

Todd
Principal Consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

Overwogen alternatieven:

Cloud file services that work like a real file share

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I helped roll out this solution to a small (25 users) business almost 3 years ago to replace their local file server. I started using it myself vs. DropBox because the Box Desktop was so perfectly Mac, and I've since rolled it out to three other small businesses as a replacement for local file services they can access anywhere. When COVID-19 hit, and said clients needed their workers to work from home, the workflow hardly missed a beat, thanks to the fact they can work anywhere just as if they had a local file share on their desktop.

The Box Desktop app actually works to keep files in the cloud until and unless I'm using them, saving precious disk space on users' systems — unlike an unnamed popular competitor. And on the Mac, it works just like an external disk or mounted file share — right on the desktop, in the proper file hierarchy with no proprietary interface to complicate things, or presume how I want to look at my files.

Tech support can be slow to respond, as its first tier of support is via their forum and email, and I've waited as long as two days to get a response to an issue for a corporate subscription, and it's painfully apparent that the first tier team is reading straight off of cue cards, because they suggest things to try, even when my previous communication states IN DETAIL that I've already done said thing in my own troubleshooting. Beef up the support staff, pay better attention to what a customer has already said in their communications, and escalate things to engineering quicker, and they will remedy the one, glaring shortcoming in their service.

Kacie
Kacie
Marketing Manager in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Box is secure and can innovate industries from video to medical

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I loved using Box for file management and editing. It saved me time and headaches. I only wish that my company had expanded its use and unleashed more of its capabilities.

Box is the simplest way for me to stay organized, share files with others and ensure that my data is secure. The user experience is easy to understand. It's simple to invite others at a variety of permission levels (somer colleagues to view only, others to download, others to have full editing capability). Syncing on multiple devices is a snap. But when I attended BoxWorks for training, I realized that one of the best advantages to using Box is the company's relationships with large, high-profile, reputable companies that provide tech integrations. One plug-in takes my raw video footage and auto-generates a searchable log of all dialogue. So I can search for every time an actor says a certain word. The AI even allows me to search for visual cues - one conservation team was able to just search "penguin," and then all their footage from across the world was sorted through in order to allow their video editors to find exactly the footage they needed for their next project. Box Relay allows you to create workflows with different steps assigned to different teammates. So when you complete your action, the next person is automatically notified that they can begin the next step. Present state is impressive. But I have a feeling we'll see even greater things to come.

It took me awhile to think of anything negative to say. The max file size on the more affordable subscription options is perhaps the only drawback I can think of.

Ricky
Manager, Operations and Finance in VS
Farmaceutica, 11-50 werknemers

Robust Cloud Base System

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We changed to Box awhile back to move our storage from internal servers to a cloud base system so we could easily access our files from anywhere. It's given us a lot more flexibility as we can work on our files from anywhere with internet access. It encourages us to try to do everything digitally and go green. Box overall is a great product for any business or individual who's looking for cloud storage.

1. I use the Box Sync feature on a daily basis on my MacBook. Box Sync allows uers to sync folders/files from Box Cloud to your finder so it feels like your just working from finder but it's being backed up the cloud! It's a simple and convenient way for me to access and organize our box files using finder. Our company has a lot of folder/files so I just sync the folders I use the most and I have quick access to my files. Box cloud also has a Box Drive feature which is similar but has one downside which I mention in the Cons section. 2. With Box Sync it's easy to know when your files have been sync to the box cloud with the file icons. 3. Sharing files to internal or external users is simple. Sharing files include a lot of features based on the security levels you want. 4. Another great feature is that it integrates our DocuSign software (e-signatures). I can easily get files signed electronically through Box and not have to log into our DocuSign software. A very convenient feature as I have to get a lot of files signed electronically on a daily basis. 5. Lastly, we basically have unlimited storage!

1. One con about Box Sync is that it doesn't seamlessly sync files in finder as Box Drive does. There is a slight delay, sometimes a minute or two to sync to the cloud. However, I have to rename a lot of files and I can't just select a file and click "enter/return" on my MacBook to rename files with Box Drive. So I've stuck with box sync for now. But it would be nice if Box Drive would let me rename files easily. 2. I noticed is sometimes when you preview a file it sometimes takes time to load. It's sometimes faster just to open the file to view it which doesn't make sense when a preview should be faster. 3. I noticed is that the name length view is fixed when viewing on the box cloud. Therefore if you have a lot of files in a folder with the same name but different ending, you see all the files with the same name because the end of the filename is truncated. So you aren't easily able to see a specific file other than clicking one the files. At least have a feature where you hover your mouse over the file and it displays the full name of the file or something. It shouldn't require extra clicking just to find your files. 4. It does have a max file size of 5GB

Phoebe
Phoebe
Tutor/Researcher in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Great for Team Accessibility

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Box is user-friendly which has allowed my team and I to overcome problems of needless time consumption. Research projects take up a lot of time because of the amount of data that needs to be uploaded and analyzed. However, Box has enabled my team to effectively work together and independently while maintaining the ethical guidelines of research.

As a tutor and a researcher, I love being able to upload videos of lesson plans and lectures so that my team and those I am working for are able to look back on what I said. Another thing I love about Box is how you can share multiple files with anyone you want and you are able to view who has downloaded something to maintain privacy and confidentiality. Box is especially useful for big groups of people. Everything is extremely accessible and easy to learn how to use. I recommend Box to my colleagues in research who want a safe way of maintaining confidentiality in research projects.

I do not have any problems with Box so far and I have been using Box for most of my college experience. I have used it for research, tutoring, and collaboration projects.