Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Box

Box is een modern platform voor contentbeheer dat transformeert hoe organisaties werken en samenwerken om sneller resultaten te bereiken.

Meer informatie over Box

Reviews filteren (4.032)

Productscore

Productscore

Gebruik

Sorteren op

Heb je Box eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (4.032)

Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Advertising Specialist in VS
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A very good option when you need to constantly transfer files

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My general involvement in Box was awesome and I to a great extent propose it for any organization. It's an incredible apparatus to join with little or huge gatherings. Our company can deal with numerous frameworks at earlier and everything stays coordinated and over-to-date.

I've numerous devices to go about my business. I could jump from my work PC, and see impacts in Box on my PC in practically no time. The most I appreciated with regards to Box was the reality it was unbelievably simple to utilize, and adjusted continuously, Box is a safe method for putting away, overseeing, and updating reports.

What I loved least was there is certainly no way to tweak or shade law anything. That is only a specific inclination really, Is appears to be somewhat cumbrous to need to snap and remain for the report to open prior to altering.

Kavya S.
Graduate Student in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Probably my most used file management software

5 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've used this while working with a team at a startup and in graduate school now. Highly recommend for both collaboration as well as backing up document and cloud storage.

Box Sync is the first thing I'd recommend if you don't have that already. It sets up a folder on your local computer that you can treat as a folder just like 'Documents' and it syncs automatically when you're connected to wifi. I also like using Box Sync with Mendeley (reference manager) because it syncs all the docs in Mendeley into a single location on Box, which is great. I can make notes in the PDFs and it syncs into Mendeley so that I can see my comments there as well. The version control has saved my many times because every time you create a new version or save a document, it holds onto old versions. This way if you accidentally overwrite something, you can usually go back into Box online, look at previous versions, and restore the right one. It's also easy to use and isn't finicky like many software.

Unlike most of my software reviews, I don't have much to say for cons.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: Box seems to have better version control and seems safer to use. You can create custom share links and get notified when your collaborator has accepted the request to collaborate.

Instructor in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Box review

3 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is normal. I find Box to be easy to use but I have trouble with features like video streaming, and limited size when uploading a file.

The ability to store large number of files and I can easily access them anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Box is also cross platform so the client and be installed on any devices.

Does not support video file. When a video file is uploaded, it cannot be played inside box or view from a browser.

Mo K.
Life Coach in Singapore
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers

Sharing, Accessing and Editing Files Across Different Was a BREEZE!

5 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Better productivity. Gone are the days of thumb drives honestly :)

You can install Box as a drive on your PC, i.e., it works just like any drive on your PC. I've installed it on my tablet and mobile, and working across these platforms were literally a breeze!

It has to be the storage limit, which is only 10 GB. There are tons of cloud storage options available (there's even one with 1 TB free!). So I use the latter as backup, while I use Box for work :)

Overwogen alternatieven: MEGA

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: Ability to function like a normal drive on desktop and editing capabilities.

ICT in Zimbabwe
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers

Collaboration and Document management system of choice

4 vorige maand Nieuw

You can share documents for a certain period of time. You can also set different access right to the shared documents ie. editting, viewing, downloading rights. As an organisation you can have your whole documents store the folders with Hierarchy. It has an offline option. No limit in size of files

it is a bit pricey compared to other products on the market.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: no size limitation. and also the issue of folder Hierarchy

Bernadette S.
Founder in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Honest Review of Box App

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I've had great experience with Box App. I found my Google storage too full and this showed up at the right moment.

10/10 win! So easy to upload files. I lost so much when my phone broke, and now just a click and immediately my files are stored. I don't have to worry about losing them or taking up so much space I'm my Android. And it's super fast! Also I can create folders for specific content. There is even a feature to record. This app has solved a big storage problem for me as well as the fear of losing important files or uploads is gone.

Honestly haven't run into any problems with this app. So far, it's exactly what I needed.

Sr. UA manager in Israël
Kansspelen en casino's, 201-500 werknemers

Similar to other cloud products

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Upload and download speed usually very good The ability to use a folder that feels like part of your computer is my favorite

I couldn’t feel any different from other services

Matthew L.
Matthew L.
Regional Advertising Support Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Can't fit this all in a box

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Secure file sharing and collaboration with fellow colleagues around the nation, makes for quick communication and file transfer.

There are so many file sharing programs and sites out there, and we've gone back and forth between various ones, but lately as a corporation have seemed to use Box more for secure bigger files. Haven't really found anything too negative, yet.

Michael G.
Michael G.
Marketing Manager in VS
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 10.000+ werknemers

definitely worth the cost of the software after only the first 2 months

4 2 weken geleden Nieuw

It makes life soo much easier and helps with everyday daily operations

sometimes software will freeze every now and then

Sean G.
Senior Sales Executive in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 501-1.000 werknemers

Box

3 vorige maand Nieuw

Box has good version control functionality.

Box is not as easy to use as Dropbox, especially for Mac users.

Alhassan A.
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Box is the perfect all-round solution for all file management needs

4 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I initially struggled to get used to their folder structures and access controls and preferred to assimilate and integrate them into the existing product I was already using. But after insistence from the team, I was forced to learn and adapt to Box. After a few days however, I started to get the hang of things and ended up using it just as much as I did my original product. I also find it more suited for smaller project teams than the alternative I was already used to.

Real time file syncing across all linked devices and accounts is truly amazing. It makes team collaboration in these times of remote working extremely efficient. And we no longer have to keep transferring documents to and fro as email attachments, which is not as secure. The comprehensive audit trail records also makes backtracking and management of unauthorized access and activity very simple.

Setting different access privileges for individual team members with access to shared folders can be a bit confusing. The process could be made a lot simpler with a tabular entries with individual columns dedicated to each access level.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: New project team I was consulting for held a Box subscription, so I had to migrate.

Overgestapt van: Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: At the time of my initial use, I had preferred staying with my original product since it was what I was used to. But the management of the project I was consulting on insisted.

Digital Sales & Partnerships Operations in VS
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent document storage & management

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Box empowered us to build a robust document repository that makes it simple for anyone on our team to find the files they're looking for.

Box has made our lives a million times easier by empowering us to store, organize, and share files of all types. We save our company assets, photos, Microsoft Word/Powerpoint/Excel docs, PDFs, etc in various folders. We love the ability to tag files so we can find them easily. The document sharing features are excellent. I especially like the preview feature (it's much better than Google Drive's preview option).

My biggest complaint about Box isn't Box's fault – it's my company's settings. My company chose to have shared file links expire after about 30 days, which is a pain in the neck sometimes.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: Box has a superior interface for storing & previewing non-Google files (ex. Microsoft Powerpoints).

Overgestapt van: Google Drive en Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: Box was superior in how files were stored & shared.

Ali K.
Ali K.
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbeidzjan
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Transfer and share files easily and securely in the cloud

4 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: One of the first options in transferring our files and offering in the list of required and recommended items to companies and organizations that we consult. If you have different meetings and need different files in the meetings, safely create a secure cloud space of your files in the box because one day it will come in handy. Having a backup on the secure cloud storage is always life-saving, and experience has shown that floppy disks, CDs, and flash drives and computer headers are not enough for a successful business.

I like the simplicity and good features and the appropriate speed of Box platform, you can easily transfer files from any device to the cloud storage space of the box. I like its speed and security, you will not feel any strangeness with the software. E-Signature make it more secure and Integration with lot of apps is wonderful. The cost and price is very reasonable and economical compared to the many features it provides to the user.‌ Data Loss Protection is great.

The graphic design of the dashboard should be simpler and more tangible and can be changed to the liking of the admin, Also a feature in the dashboard should be added to display the status of shared files and folders, and the latest status of views and downloads to be clearly and simply visible to the admin.

Overwogen alternatieven: DocSend en Hightail

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: We were looking for more features and less cost to store information

Overgestapt van: Egnyte, Citrix ShareFile, pCloud Business, OneDrive, SugarSync, Google Drive en Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: Having a powerful and secure tool with modern features and at the same time easy to use for storing Documents and data in the cloud with affordable price

Michael W.
President in VS
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers

Can't imagine running our business without Box

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We used Dropbox for a number of years, and we found it very "fragile". Without good access to different levels of security for our team, we would often find files deleted or overwritten by inexperienced employees. Once, an employee using Dropbox's desktop app accidentally deleted our entire list of files and Dropbox had to restore (taking several days). That was the straw that broke the camel's back, so we switched to Box and haven't looked back. It's secure, solid, excellent uptime, and does everything we need and more. Our company stores mission-critical contracts, source files, and other material, and it's locked down only to the appropriate users. We have nearly 7 TB of files from our company's history stored with Box and I sleep great at night knowing they're safe and secure.

The access levels for intra-company sharing are very granular, allowing us the ability to protect privileged information,

It's hard to be critical of this tool. Some of the features we never use (notes, for example) seem a little clunky, but I understand they're improving. Those are all secondary, however. The main product itself is unbeatable.

Director in Griekenland
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good Free Version but expensive Business options

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Storing documents in the cloud as a back-up solution, sharing documents with collaborators and clients.

Uploads and downloads are fast, sharing files or folders is easy, as an editor or viewer, and it is easy to use.

The Business options are expensive for small businesses since they require you to purchase multiple licenses, not only one. If you get the Individual license you are not GDPR compliant, thus it turns out to be expensive for SMEs.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business en OneDrive

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: Uploads/Downloads are faster than the Dropbox paid Business Account and you avoid document conflicts you have with Dropbox. BOX is much better in that case.

Overgestapt van: Dropbox Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: OneDrive is connected with my Office 365 subscription and I might lose my documents if I switch account. Dropbox has some document conflicts and uploads are extremely slow with DSL.

Kory F.
Associate Investment Advisor in VS
Vermogensbeheer, 11-50 werknemers

Collaboration and Document Management at its best

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, we have been very happy with our transition to Box. The features provided have exceeded our expectations and there are still more features that we haven't used yet and that are being released on a regular basis. The staff and programming teams have been extremely helpful for the set-up and customization of Box for our needs.

Box provides an intuitive platform for collaborating and sharing documents with other coworkers, while maintaining significant flexibility on permissions for maintaining security on information as needed. The search functionality and version control have made it easier to find information quickly and helps to eliminate duplication and multiple versions of files. The integration with Office 365 and other service provides have been invaluable in creating efficiencies in our daily workflows. Box's mobile friendly platform makes for simple, yet secure access anywhere when data is needed.

Box is best used as a web app rather than through the desktop app, Box Drive. When our company started use of Box, we were more familiar with navigation to files through the use of Windows Explorer. Box Drive is Box's app for accessing files through the Explorer. However, Box Drive is slow to update and more difficult to navigate, with more limited features compared to the Web app. Unfortunately, Box Drive still has to be used for certain functions of our work where the web app and/or integrations with our services do not work.

Overwogen alternatieven: Egnyte

Todd J.
Principal Consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

Cloud file services that work like a real file share

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I helped roll out this solution to a small (25 users) business almost 3 years ago to replace their local file server. I started using it myself vs. DropBox because the Box Desktop was so perfectly Mac, and I've since rolled it out to three other small businesses as a replacement for local file services they can access anywhere. When COVID-19 hit, and said clients needed their workers to work from home, the workflow hardly missed a beat, thanks to the fact they can work anywhere just as if they had a local file share on their desktop.

The Box Desktop app actually works to keep files in the cloud until and unless I'm using them, saving precious disk space on users' systems — unlike an unnamed popular competitor. And on the Mac, it works just like an external disk or mounted file share — right on the desktop, in the proper file hierarchy with no proprietary interface to complicate things, or presume how I want to look at my files.

Tech support can be slow to respond, as its first tier of support is via their forum and email, and I've waited as long as two days to get a response to an issue for a corporate subscription, and it's painfully apparent that the first tier team is reading straight off of cue cards, because they suggest things to try, even when my previous communication states IN DETAIL that I've already done said thing in my own troubleshooting. Beef up the support staff, pay better attention to what a customer has already said in their communications, and escalate things to engineering quicker, and they will remedy the one, glaring shortcoming in their service.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: In order to make file services fully remote accessible, and avoid issues that DropBox caused, including the disconnect between local resources and cloud resources.

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: DropBox sync doesn't work reliably, and the cloud only option often breaks and fills up a computer's storage. in addition, DropBox gets in the way of a MacOS Finder interface to splash their own, proprietary interface that attempts to predict what I want to look at. I want to look at a folder tree, in the windows my own computer provides. Box Desktop gives me that.

Kacie H.
Kacie H.
Marketing Manager in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Box is secure and can innovate industries from video to medical

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I loved using Box for file management and editing. It saved me time and headaches. I only wish that my company had expanded its use and unleashed more of its capabilities.

Box is the simplest way for me to stay organized, share files with others and ensure that my data is secure. The user experience is easy to understand. It's simple to invite others at a variety of permission levels (somer colleagues to view only, others to download, others to have full editing capability). Syncing on multiple devices is a snap. But when I attended BoxWorks for training, I realized that one of the best advantages to using Box is the company's relationships with large, high-profile, reputable companies that provide tech integrations. One plug-in takes my raw video footage and auto-generates a searchable log of all dialogue. So I can search for every time an actor says a certain word. The AI even allows me to search for visual cues - one conservation team was able to just search "penguin," and then all their footage from across the world was sorted through in order to allow their video editors to find exactly the footage they needed for their next project. Box Relay allows you to create workflows with different steps assigned to different teammates. So when you complete your action, the next person is automatically notified that they can begin the next step. Present state is impressive. But I have a feeling we'll see even greater things to come.

It took me awhile to think of anything negative to say. The max file size on the more affordable subscription options is perhaps the only drawback I can think of.

Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance in VS
Farmaceutica, 11-50 werknemers

Robust Cloud Base System

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We changed to Box awhile back to move our storage from internal servers to a cloud base system so we could easily access our files from anywhere. It's given us a lot more flexibility as we can work on our files from anywhere with internet access. It encourages us to try to do everything digitally and go green. Box overall is a great product for any business or individual who's looking for cloud storage.

1. I use the Box Sync feature on a daily basis on my MacBook. Box Sync allows uers to sync folders/files from Box Cloud to your finder so it feels like your just working from finder but it's being backed up the cloud! It's a simple and convenient way for me to access and organize our box files using finder. Our company has a lot of folder/files so I just sync the folders I use the most and I have quick access to my files. Box cloud also has a Box Drive feature which is similar but has one downside which I mention in the Cons section. 2. With Box Sync it's easy to know when your files have been sync to the box cloud with the file icons. 3. Sharing files to internal or external users is simple. Sharing files include a lot of features based on the security levels you want. 4. Another great feature is that it integrates our DocuSign software (e-signatures). I can easily get files signed electronically through Box and not have to log into our DocuSign software. A very convenient feature as I have to get a lot of files signed electronically on a daily basis. 5. Lastly, we basically have unlimited storage!

1. One con about Box Sync is that it doesn't seamlessly sync files in finder as Box Drive does. There is a slight delay, sometimes a minute or two to sync to the cloud. However, I have to rename a lot of files and I can't just select a file and click "enter/return" on my MacBook to rename files with Box Drive. So I've stuck with box sync for now. But it would be nice if Box Drive would let me rename files easily. 2. I noticed is sometimes when you preview a file it sometimes takes time to load. It's sometimes faster just to open the file to view it which doesn't make sense when a preview should be faster. 3. I noticed is that the name length view is fixed when viewing on the box cloud. Therefore if you have a lot of files in a folder with the same name but different ending, you see all the files with the same name because the end of the filename is truncated. So you aren't easily able to see a specific file other than clicking one the files. At least have a feature where you hover your mouse over the file and it displays the full name of the file or something. It shouldn't require extra clicking just to find your files. 4. It does have a max file size of 5GB

Phoebe T.
Phoebe T.
Tutor/Researcher in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Great for Team Accessibility

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Box is user-friendly which has allowed my team and I to overcome problems of needless time consumption. Research projects take up a lot of time because of the amount of data that needs to be uploaded and analyzed. However, Box has enabled my team to effectively work together and independently while maintaining the ethical guidelines of research.

As a tutor and a researcher, I love being able to upload videos of lesson plans and lectures so that my team and those I am working for are able to look back on what I said. Another thing I love about Box is how you can share multiple files with anyone you want and you are able to view who has downloaded something to maintain privacy and confidentiality. Box is especially useful for big groups of people. Everything is extremely accessible and easy to learn how to use. I recommend Box to my colleagues in research who want a safe way of maintaining confidentiality in research projects.

I do not have any problems with Box so far and I have been using Box for most of my college experience. I have used it for research, tutoring, and collaboration projects.

Travis w.c. M.
Travis w.c. M.
Project Manager in VS
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers

On the Go or From Home

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I don't see any reason to change to another product or service, so long as the price remains competetive.

Box excels at one thing -- making documents accessible from anywhere. This amounts to benefits of efficiency and freedom to work on the go. Being able to access from any machine, particularly on a phone where other services often fail, enhances my ability to address customer's needs.

There's no indication when a file is open by another user. This has led to multiple users editing a document, and those documents don't merge well or at all, leaving a red exclamation point indicating there's an issue or an alternate file. We've lost some work this way. As a small company, this is manageable with clearer communication between employees, but I foresee this being an issue as we grow.

Overwogen alternatieven: Dropbox Business

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: My company previously had a VPN that was difficult to access from new locations and equipment, was not compatible with different phones/computers, and crashed often. Before that, we used dropbox and google drive, which we still use to a very small degree. Box means I have freedom to work effectively from wherever I choose.

Overgestapt van: Google Drive

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: We considered enhancing our storage with DropBox. Ultimately we liked the interface and accessibility of Box which seemed to have faster upload/download speeds and added features like Box Notes.

Hayley G.
Co-Director in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

My Life Saver

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

Narasimhan (nari) S.
Narasimhan (nari) S.
Chemical Engineer in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed. BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple. It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB. Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files. Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

Overwogen alternatieven: OneDrive en Google Drive

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: Dropbox wasnt giving enough space for the cost back then. Hence we switched to Box.

Overgestapt van: Dropbox Paper

Senior Associate - IT Audit in VS
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers

10/10 File Sharing Solution - Internal and External

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been excellent - the customer service is also fast if there are any outages (very rare) affecting our uploads/syncing. It has saved us numerous amounts of bandwidth and has encouraged our employees to save files to Box for redundancy purposes and not to store items directly on their desktop.

The ease of use of spinning up Box folders and collaborating among internal employees or external clients/customers. The granular permission settings within each folder allow the administrator ("owner" or "co-owner") help regulate privileges from editing, to downloading, and reading which is a great tool when looking to share with multiple parties at different levels. We stopped sending attachments via e-mail (not secure) and simply use Box now to point toward a Link where the file is located. If you don't have access to the link, you are unable to see the file. Our employees and customers love this feature and it keeps everyone involved and access privileges in check.

When using Box Drive, it can be a bit slow to sync when creating new folders, or modifying file names, directly on the desktop application (recommend using the Box web site), however, this is extremely minor. we have had many successes using Box and have not even considered exploring any other solutions for over 5 years.

Overwogen alternatieven: Citrix ShareFile

Redenen om over te stappen op Box: Pricing, overall security, and vendor demonstration

Jolie H.
Jolie H.
Visual Space & Training Manager in VS
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers

Organized and accessible

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Overwogen alternatieven: Google Docs

Redenen om voor Box te kiezen: Cleaner interface, better user experience, more reliable & capable