Box for personal or office digital storage

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Joseric M.
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Box continues to amaze and survive given the steep competition out there. Its main selling point for us is the boost in confidence as regards its super security features and data loss prevention.

Pluspunten: There are many things to love about Box. For one, its Business plans come with unlimited storage! We started out with Free just to try it, then moved to Starter then Business (as we needed more than 10 users on board). It's worth it esp for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a secure place for storage with tons of extra features for both admin and security. The 5GB upload is enough for the big multimedia and other iso/archive files we have. For our admin, the integration with our Active Directory saved us from having to require our users to create/maintain an extra account (user/password) for Box. We are also proud to announce to our team about its security features like SSL, encryption, and even two-factor authentication for the meticulous.
Although​ we haven't had the need for the DLP (Data Loss Prevention) that Box advertises, we are happy that this is part of our subscription and gives a little extra boost of confidence with our files.
The corporate logo can also be incorporated into the platform to make it personalized according to your company's branding scheme. Box also offers a ton of possible integrations. So far what we use are integrations with Google Suite (e.g., docs), Salesforce (CRM), and MS Office 365. This makes it easy for users​ to create content is our usual platforms and then easily save and manage them in Box.

Minpunten: We have quite a number of staff who already use other online storage platforms (Dropbox, Google Drive). Note that Non-Box users can only access files as Read-Only... in which case our people really had to be forced to create an account for edit purposes and collaboration.

Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Narasimhan (nari) S.
Chemical Engineer
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

Pluspunten: I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed.
BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple.
It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB.
Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files.

Minpunten: I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

10/10 File Sharing Solution - Internal and External

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It has been excellent - the customer service is also fast if there are any outages (very rare) affecting our uploads/syncing. It has saved us numerous amounts of bandwidth and has encouraged our employees to save files to Box for redundancy purposes and not to store items directly on their desktop.

Pluspunten: The ease of use of spinning up Box folders and collaborating among internal employees or external clients/customers. The granular permission settings within each folder allow the administrator ("owner" or "co-owner") help regulate privileges from editing, to downloading, and reading which is a great tool when looking to share with multiple parties at different levels. We stopped sending attachments via e-mail (not secure) and simply use Box now to point toward a Link where the file is located. If you don't have access to the link, you are unable to see the file. Our employees and customers love this feature and it keeps everyone involved and access privileges in check.

Minpunten: When using Box Drive, it can be a bit slow to sync when creating new folders, or modifying file names, directly on the desktop application (recommend using the Box web site), however, this is extremely minor. we have had many successes using Box and have not even considered exploring any other solutions for over 5 years.

Preference really depends on how and when you entered the market

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2016
Matthew G.
COO
Computersoftware
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: They concentrated on the enterprise first, which is valid. Therefore security has always been tight, platform support is solid, and enterprise administration is very robust. Shared folders are great in a workplace and make everything very simple to get the right docs to the right people when they need them. Box is definitely an enterprise company, with the support to back up that claim.

Minpunten: I should start by saying I tried Box, Dropbox, and Drive head-to-head back when everyone was going to cloud-storage and my experience with Box since then has been on and off. I'm still a current user of Drive and Dropbox and I pay for both every month. Our office doesn't need the level of admin support Box provides, which is the only feature that puts it ahead of the competition. Box was just never as feature complete as Dropbox, I don't want a separate cloud storage provider for business and for home use and Box lacked simple tools like automatic photo upload. As well, the web interface lacks and the uploads feel slower and more prone to error when compared to Dropbox. It's improved lately but it's still behind in file viewing support, etc. Also paid users have a max file size!!! Unacceptable if you do any sort of video/graphics work.

Box offers the most professional cloud content storage services.

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Verna B.
Hardware Engineer
Werving en selectie, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have rated it 9 on a scale of 10 because it has efficient working ways and high-end security features for long term backup of our files and data. We have choose this tool because it is quite easy to access and implement in the whole organization. We have really improved our working while using this tool because it allows us to save time and money while we can extract most of the benefits from this tool in a reliable way.

Pluspunten: The most beneficial thing about the Box software is that Box has enabled us with easy sharing of files and data which in return have saved us precious time for other activities and we have gained utmost benefit from it in organizing our employees and professionals content. Box has secured all of work and we can easily retrieve our files in the most efficient ways. It also includes some highly efficient tools which and we gained allow us to organize and sort the data in the most easy way.

Minpunten: But in accordance to our business objectives, it does not fit 100% well cause there are some requirements that has to be fulfilled via other tool to keep us working. So it also needs some improvements from its own end. It also needs to improve its way of organizing the data. We are mostly confused in retrieving the files and folders while looking for specific contents. Box has limited storage capacity for new users. And its additional storage could be bought for high prices which are reluctantly rated at very high price.

Backup to an extremely secure and reliable cloud.

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019
Gabriela M.
IT Support Specialist
Bankwezen, 10.001+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The tool gives me security and peace of mind because I know my files are encrypted and stored in a data center with 99.999% availability and can be accessed from anywhere in the world and from any device.

Pluspunten: Think of a tool that stores files in the cloud in real time and has a super friendly, lightweight and functional interface. Box is an excellent cloud backup tool and is fully encrypted. I really like the software I installed on the PC and Smartphone and the sync with the cloud happens in real time. The offering capacity is great and meets my needs.

Minpunten: We had no problem with this cloud file backup software. The tool has always been stable and never stopped working. I have nothing bad to say.

Box review

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2019
Vusal V.
Accounting Operations
Olie en energie, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it is more than 2 years that I am using box program for sharing, storing and maintaining documents. I have positive experience with Box.

Pluspunten: I am using box in a daily manner and I would like to express 2 main points about Box. Firstly, it is one of the best program for shared service workers since everyone who has access to the folders in box could easily open and download the files that you uploaded. And secondly, you can sync it to the the folder in your computer.

Minpunten: Once I could not delete a file which I uploaded wrongly since I did not have permission to do it. This could lead to misunderstandings in personal relations. I think at least people could delete what they uploaded themselves and this could be manual solution of human error

Must Use Cloud Storage

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Jen R.
Contractor
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love that all my important business files are backed up here. This is useful in case something every happened to my computer. When I lost my website, I had all my blog posts backed up on Box. It was a lifesaver!

Pluspunten: Even with my user account I have a significant amount of storage. I believe this is due to my length of time and frequency of use of this cloud storage. It's easy to use and organize. I love that you can share and grant rights to certain folders or files with anyone you choose.

Minpunten: The only con is uploading file size limitation. It would be nice if you could do lager files, like .wav or video.

Meets All My Needs

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2019
Adam A.
Principal Cofounder
Biotechnologie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Box is easy to use and offers a tremendous amount of storage. It is a life saver for people who work in film or music. If you are looking for a place to store tons of footage and audio, look no further!

Pluspunten: I am not the administrator or the purchaser of the Box account and have not used it for project management, but as a personal user I can say it is an excellent service that has met all of my needs. Some of the advanced features, like commenting and editing, have also been useful. But, in the end, it's a big box to throw your stuff into. The website is fast and responsive and I've had no issues of note with it in over five years of use. The mobile app is well-designed and works wonderfully.

Minpunten: There is nothing I dislike about it. There isn't anything I'd like to see changed or added to Box. On the overall it is a much more enjoyable experience than DropBox.

Box or DropBox

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020
Gregory D.
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It works fine and does the job. I ended up changing cloud storage platforms.

Pluspunten: Box is a much more affordable solution than other cloud storage options that are out there, but that should not be your only consideration.

Minpunten: Box is wonky. You get what you pay for. There are not as many features as DropBox and thus not the best option for everyone.

The best cloud storage on the web!

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Staci T.
Social Media Manager
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: One of the best continual investments we've made with the company. This platform has single-handedly help us acquire new clients and projects, thus increasing the bottom line.

Pluspunten: This is the most robust cloud storage platform on the web. Having been a client for over 10 years, there has been continued improvement to accessibility and security from the company. The ease of accessing files and sharing with others is second to none.

Minpunten: Absolutely nothing was below par. We love it and continually use it daily. Even the mobile app is fantastic!

Organized and accessible

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Jolie H.
Visual Space & Training Manager
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Pluspunten: Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

Minpunten: We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Very straightforward

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Kalina B.
Research Programmer
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind! 1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive. 2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

Pluspunten: The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files. If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

Minpunten: There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

Reliable, Safe, Cloud Storage

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been very happy with Box. I have had not issues that I can think of. Box Sync is being phased out [YES!] in favor of Box Drive, which is their new file streaming service. I love how even though with Box Drive, the files are not actually on my computer, they are available instantly as needed. It is the exact same feature, but much better implemented in my opinion than OneDrive Files On-Demand and Google Drive File Stream provide.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. It is simple, whatever is in your Box Drive folder is what is on Box. It is very easy to share files with others. Files are safe, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Minpunten: Some users have to use a secure DAV connection, and Box severely throttles DAV connections. Moving files around using this takes a lot of time, BUT it does work for now.

Stable Storage Solution

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Zahra H.
Head of Business Ops
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its good, overall i have no complaints.

Pluspunten: Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

Minpunten: You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

Great for Content Marketing on Startups!

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Leonardo F.
UI/UX Designer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When we started our business a few years ago, we did not have enough capital to spend on tools or rather we wanted to invest in more important equipment. That is when I got introduced to Box. Their product quality and security are as good as Dropbox. We never had a security breach or lost a file, and since we offer content marketing services, the number of files we upload and download monthly is too many.

Pluspunten: The speed to download and upload every single file

Minpunten: It is not as good as Dropbox, but if you are starting your business and want to save a good amount of money it is an ideal choice.

One stop cloud for all your syncing, sharing and collaborating needs

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Box is an online cloud-based content management software that is particularly helpful when you need to store, edit and share all your data and documents from one place. We have a business account with Box and have been using the same since more than a year. It is fairly simple to use, with updates coming out once in a while showcasing new features. The software interfaces seamlessly with the office suite (Office 365 or others), therefore allowing users to use it via their computer, and not necessarily through the website or app. However, it does consume tons of storage space on your computer, therefore I'd definitely recommend only syncing the files to be used rather than syncing all folders you're collaborating on.
Box is undoubtedly a great tool for virtual teams collaborating from different locations as sharing, uploading and syncing data is simple and stress-free. My team and I literally work through Box all day, and are always on the same page when it comes to our projects, as each one of us can view the other's uploaded documents on Box and continue working on the same. Additionally, managing and filing documents in one secure storage have become uncomplicated. For us, it reduces the chances of repeating the same work and error. of course, error; and also saving precious time not looking for files and folders all over.

Pluspunten: Box allows users to upload all kinds of files of different formats (documents, images, video, drawing packages, zipped folders etc.) to its webpage (or app on phone/tablet) with ease. These uploaded documents can be shared with relevant team members, while also keeping them private from others where necessary. Shareable with the help of the link, Box files are easy to update, one can either edit in the browser itself or download to do the same. It is easy to track the activity of users, like who has viewed, downloaded and edited the files. This is a great tool when collaborating with colleagues through the web as all changes in a particular document/content are updated in real time and everybody working on that project can track changes and updates.
I consider Box to be a reliable, simplified and secure software that I am able to utilize abundantly on a daily basis with my team. It is accessible anywhere and everywhere with a stable internet connection. One can simply drag and drop files and folders to Box and it will get uploaded instantly. This works wonders when you are out of office (for example, site or travelling) and your team needs to access the documents you've been working on or vice versa.
Also, it is possible to have Box sync (as a standalone app) set up on your computer and aids easy syncing without the need to log in every time.

Minpunten: When compared to its competitors (Google Drive/OneDrive), Box does look a bit unappealing owing to its price tag. It offers four plans, the most inexpensive one being Standard (for personal use I presume), followed by Business, Business Plus and Enterprise. Small and medium-sized firms can make do with the average priced Business and Business Plus offerings. However, I don't think that I would invest in it if for my personal use.
Secondly, for files such as .dwg and .rar do not open as a preview and have to be downloaded for viewing. This poses a problem for me as I have to review large drawing packages and downloading them just for review is quite a hassle. Would love if these little aspects are fixed for the upcoming updates.

Easy file sharing from desk, laptop, phone...

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Mary B.
HR Director
Research, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love Box and tell everyone I interview about Box. We are a 70% remote group and depend on Box for sharing information and collaborating on projects. Applicants ask, "How do you manage a dispersed work force?" and "How do people maintain a sense of team?" "Box," I say, "is a big component."

Pluspunten: 1. Sharing files is simple, no matter who you want to share with and no matter from what device. You can share a document with someone inside or outside of the organization without giving up control of the document. No need for someone outside of the organization to upload any software in order to access the shared document.
2. As an HR professional I find Box to be a great tool for collaborating with hiring managers. I set up a system for resume sorting that allows hiring managers to see just those resumes selected for their review, and allows the manager to move the candidates ahead in the hiring process, or not, as desired. I can then take action based on their actions in Box. It's very efficient. As a small business we do not need expensive, extensive stand-alone software for applicant tracking. Box allows us to record our decision making process
3. Largely intuitive, but in case you need a bit of help, the webinars and how-to videos are very easy to follow.
4. I can access, read and send documents from my phone. Very helpful for those moments at the beach when you realize you forgot to send a document to your boss. It's happened.

Minpunten: 1. I work mostly from an old Mac. I find some of the interface less smooth than from my PC. For example, when I create a Word doc within Box while using my Mac, the Mac defaults to Text Edit instead of Word. I suspect that's user error, though.

Box - a secure, collaborative platform for all connected users

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016
Eugene J.
Director of Information Technology
Management non-profit organisaties, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been been a Box customer for about four years. During that time we've gone from a limited POC to a large scale international rollout. We've found Box to be very responsive both from a support standpoint and in terms of listening to their customers regarding features and needs.
The primary reason we initially chose Box was because of the outstanding security framework which was at the core of the initial offering and continues to be a key focus for Box. The management and governance features allowed us to roll it out to a geographically diverse group of employees with the assurance that their data would be secure and would remain secure.
Our initial need was to centrally replicate data from an international location. Based on the success of that POC, we've been able to replicate that success in a number of international locations and delay or eliminate the need for physical systems and storage that had previously been a part of our technology deployment.

Pluspunten: Security is still my favorite feature - I have the confidence that our data is secure and will remain secure. Box meets a number of US based and international security regulations and data compliance requirements, Box makes governance and compliance easy.
Notifications based on file changes or folder changes have allowed us to create "instant workflows" to quickly move data from a variety of locations in the hands of a number of users. This has allowed us to create a system where data is not only securely stored, but able to be quickly acted upon by a geographically diverse group of staff.
Rolling Box seats out to new users is easy, and Box makes a wide variety of training materials available to its users to help them leverage the features.

Minpunten: There's not much to dislike - the feature set is good and continues to grow. If there is a downside, it is that - like all cloud based solutions - connectivity is required, and that can sometimes be a challenge for my organization is some of the remote international locations where we work.

Solid enterprise tool with surprising productivity and innovation gains

Beoordeeld op 1-1-2017
Bob F.
Manager, Cloud Technology Support
Hoger onderwijs, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I run Box for over 100K users in a large university. Box is built for the enterprise. It has very solid security, good user management and an extremely small support footprint. There are consumer tools that might beat Box on some individual features, but cannot hold a candle to Box when held up to the needs and realities of a large enterprise. Box is platform and vendor agnostic. It has solid mobile apps and 3rd party integrations. The API is strong and improving all the time. Box can be the content layer for both internal and externally-facing applications. We signed on to Box to bring our IP back in from consumer tools. It has largely accomplished that but it has additional surprising results. We've seen some very creative innovations in research collaboration, teaching and administration. The productivity gains have been far greater than expected. Box is a bit of a paradigm shift for users. Those who never ventured into consumer cloud tools such as Dropbox need to learn about basic cloud concepts of where their data is backed up. IT professionals need to get their heads around Box's permission model as well as deal with the loss of direct user management and support. Having said that, the overall support footprint is startling low. We average 5 technical tickets a week on Box for over 100K users. Most of our support time is on training and consulting to help users get the most out of the tools Box provides. The bottom line is that Box has proven to be very solid and flexible. Our users have really taken it and run with it.

Pluspunten: Strong security. Data ownership model. Flexibility of collaboration and sharing options. Platform and vendor agnostic. Good administrative controls. Reasonably good reporting. Reasonably good APIs. Ease of use for end users. It's been great watching the creativity and innovation of the users. They've found ways to do things with Box we never imagined when we signed on.

Minpunten: The desktop sync is different than and technically inferior to that of Dropbox, the consumer tool most users are familiar with in this space. We anticipate this change when Box for Desktop is released in 2017. We'd also like to see the maximum file size increase. I'd like to see improvements in the administrative reporting. Many users have trouble getting their head around Box's waterfall permission model, particularly IT professionals. It's different than what they are used to. It ads an impediment to the retirement of NFS.

Box

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2018
Nikitah I.
Professor
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All in all, Box has proven substantially beneficial for the university and for faculty to access materials of a general nature in a more efficient way and though I have not seen the actual numbers myself, I suspect that offloading all of the staff time and energy that went into maintaining and training people to monitored those previous on-campus servers was a price efficient move as well. Equally important in a time of fiscal belt-tightening.

Pluspunten: My university decided to replace its archaic system of various collective departmental, college, and institution drives and servers with Box. It is a thousand times easier to access from a variety of locations, at almost any time, using almost any communicative medium you wish to employ. In the 21st century the modern mobile educational facility and educator lives and dies on the capacity to not just amass data and research and information but also to retrieve and manipulate it at remote locales in a secure, rapid way.

Minpunten: The biggest challenge is that Box has, like many modern softwares, engineered a number of plug ins. I have found that the reliability and functionality of these varies. for example, the general BoxSync application works perfectly but then there is a Box application for Windows 8 and another for Windows 10 which are "store apps" which are not as good at syncing and it is possible you might have both kinds of applications on your machine and that is rather confusing for the user since they have different interfaces and the syncing between them is not as transparent as one might expect. There is a page of these plugins and their descriptions overlap substantially and so it's not always clear which application you should employ in conjunction with your general Box.

I use Box for department and personal document storage through manual uploads, emails, and syncing.

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2018
Bryan F.
Information Specialist for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With this product, I can securely save and store my documents. They can be accessed from anywhere. I can share them with colleagues and setup folders with access for multiple users.
Through our reporting software, I can easily email documents to Box folders to be uploaded.

Pluspunten: I like the versatility for uploading and downloading files. Files can be uploaded by dragging them into the folder in a web browser. You can also allow them to be uploaded through email. When this is activated, a unique email address is created. Any attachments in emails sent to that address are uploaded to that folder. We use our reporting software to send reports to these folders. Within this folder, uniquely named documents can replace existing ones or be added in addition to the original.
Files can also be uploaded through synced folders. I use this to store all of my work documents. Any file in this folder is synced with the online folder.
The Box files can easily be accessed from any web browser or through the mobile app. Ours is placed behind our firewall. With the mobile app, you can also create offline versions of documents for easy access without internet access.
Downloading can be completed easily though the app or online. Individual files can be downloaded one at a time or en mass as a zip file.

Minpunten: I am pretty happy with this product. The only thing that I would prefer is the ability to download multiple files at once as separate files instead of being downloaded as a zip file.

Enabling mobility, collaboration, and delivering that securely.

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2016
Lucas B.
Network Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There are many services if you are looking for a place to dump data. But what makes Box the best, are all the features that they layer on top of that. Collaboration, sync, edit, Office integration, great mobile apps, policies, preview, workflows, automations, and more. At my company we have been able to leverage many of these features to meet specific needs of our end users that we would not have been able to easily meet with our existing resources or traditional platforms. We have been able to really leverage the platform to enable our users to gather data all over the world on almost any platform and then have staff anywhere else in the world act on that data. This has increased our response time tremendously over traditional platforms like email and FTP. Box can really be a tool in your tool chest that can solve many problems.

Pluspunten: The features I have found to be most helpful over other cloud storage platforms are: 1) Collaboration just not that it exists, but it is easy and user friendly. Allowing data that is necessary to be worked on to be brought to the surface 2) Security focus on compliance, encryption, enterprise grade management 3) 3rd Party Integrations allowing for Box to truly be a platform to be used with other software. 4) Mobile apps, very strong and easy to use

Minpunten: There are still some management features I would like to see improved, giving more control to IT. There is a good bit here, but could use a bit more.

What the cloud pros use...

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2016
Scott s. D.
Fractional CIO Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Box is the best of breed cloud system in the EFSS (Gartner) space. The natural progression from startup to unicorn company is:
1. Google Drive (max free space) but applications are worthless for Accountants,
2. OneDrive (comes with O365 but doesn't play well with others like NetSuite and SFDC) and need a SharePoint site managed/integrated to get real value
3. Dropbox (great customer features but doesn't play well with others and lacks unlimited storage)
4. Box --best of breed but not the cheapest

Pluspunten: 1. Enterprise Edition with unlimited storage plan costs roughly $35/month. For a mature organization spending a large amount on servers/admins for those servers, this is very affordable.
2. Ability to model sharing between departments is priceless. Literally changes the way an organization behaves with information sharing if configured properly (silo killer).
3. Customer service is second to none.
4. Native integration with other cloud apps that charge additional fees for storage quotas. This includes NetSuite, SFDC and Workfront and many more.
5. MetaSearch on Enterprise allows granular searching. Every time someone has ever used a single word is indexed -- INSIDE the documents stored.

Minpunten: 1. More of a learning curve for users because of more features.
2. More robust administrative functionality also requires more learning.
3. Not the cheapest cloud solution out there - but you get what you pay for.

The best library app for manuals, documents and eBooks

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2020
Sr. Business Analyst
Medische apparatuur, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My first experience with Box, was personal someone shared me some maintenance tips for my bike, and then she opened the app on her smartphone. She showed me the documents that she had found from different vendors and even some others she made, and then she asked me if she could share them with me. In a few seconds I opened my account with box, and I was reading the information that she gathered for months. At that moment it hit me that I could use this app, for my working team.

Pluspunten: One of the biggest challenges that I face every time a new device is released for evaluation, is to gather together all the manuals, specifications, errata, etc. And then share it with all the team. There are many solutions on the cloud to this dilemma. Most of them involve using your computer, but when you want to use your tablet or smartphone, the best solution that I found with box. I can have several shared folders with the different projects I am running, even personal information for fixing my bike, or ar recipe. It's effortless to navigate, read, highlight, and the app runs very smoothly. Most of my documents are in ePub, or in pdf format. I have a huge personal library at my fingertips that I can sort, navigate and read.

Minpunten: After 30 years of working in front of a monitor computer, I can't work for long periods of time in front of a screen with a white background. I will love that they soon upgrade the app to work with a dark background. Other than that I love this app as it is.