Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Box

Box is een modern platform voor contentbeheer dat transformeert hoe organisaties werken en samenwerken om sneller resultaten te bereiken.

Meer informatie over Box

3.624 reviews worden weergegeven

Travis w.c. M.
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020

"On the Go or From Home"

Opmerkingen: I don't see any reason to change to another product or service, so long as the price remains competetive.

Pluspunten: Box excels at one thing -- making documents accessible from anywhere. This amounts to benefits of efficiency and freedom to work on the go. Being able to access from any machine, particularly on a phone where other services often fail, enhances my ability to address customer's needs.

Minpunten: There's no indication when a file is open by another user. This has led to multiple users editing a document, and those documents don't merge well or at all, leaving a red exclamation point indicating there's an issue or an alternate file. We've lost some work this way. As a small company, this is manageable with clearer communication between employees, but I foresee this being an issue as we grow.

• Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020
Todd J.
Principal Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-5-2020

"Cloud file services that work like a real file share"

Opmerkingen: I helped roll out this solution to a small (25 users) business almost 3 years ago to replace their local file server. I started using it myself vs. DropBox because the Box Desktop was so perfectly Mac, and I've since rolled it out to three other small businesses as a replacement for local file services they can access anywhere. When COVID-19 hit, and said clients needed their workers to work from home, the workflow hardly missed a beat, thanks to the fact they can work anywhere just as if they had a local file share on their desktop.

Pluspunten: The Box Desktop app actually works to keep files in the cloud until and unless I'm using them, saving precious disk space on users' systems — unlike an unnamed popular competitor. And on the Mac, it works just like an external disk or mounted file share — right on the desktop, in the proper file hierarchy with no proprietary interface to complicate things, or presume how I want to look at my files.

Minpunten: Tech support can be slow to respond, as its first tier of support is via their forum and email, and I've waited as long as two days to get a response to an issue for a corporate subscription, and it's painfully apparent that the first tier team is reading straight off of cue cards, because they suggest things to try, even when my previous communication states IN DETAIL that I've already done said thing in my own troubleshooting. Beef up the support staff, pay better attention to what a customer has already said in their communications, and escalate things to engineering quicker, and they will remedy the one, glaring shortcoming in their service.

• Beoordeeld op 12-5-2020
Caleb W.
PhD Student / Researcher
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-5-2020

"May not be best for simple/typical uses"

Opmerkingen: I am not a fan of Box's move towards pure network storage as default (Box Drive) from local storage (Box Sync). This seems unnecessary to me for individuals and small organizations. If you're sure network storage is the way to go for your organization, then Box could be a great choice. They have great branding and features selection if you fall within this category. Otherwise, I'm not sure why someone would give up the benefits of local storage. This is especially the case for individuals. (Note: there does appear to be an option to mark individual directories for offline storage, but in my understanding this has to be selected from a menu.) This, together with a couple negative experiences with a buggy sync (see below), lead me to give 3/5 stars overall. But if you're sure network storage is the way to go, then I would probably give close to 5/5. I'm just not sure how many people will actually want to manage their files in this way.

Pluspunten: I love the Box branding and aesthetic. It's a pleasant backdrop for day-to-day use. They have a lot of features on the enterprise front, and I can see they've put a lot of work into their business model.

Minpunten: (Note: This relates to Box Sync, which is the version that stores files locally on your device and backs them up on the cloud. This is in contrast to Box Drive, which stores on the network by default.) There have been at least 2 occasions entire directories have disappeared from my local storage even though I did not delete them on any of my synced devices. In the most recent case, this was >50 GB across thousands of files. I had to figure out how to redownload them, which turned out to be a huge hassle in the online interface. Download size limits at 15 GB (or something on that order) prevented me from downloading the higher level directories all at once. The next best thing was making batch selections of files. This ended up being very nonintuitive and took me a long time to figure out (I had to go to a help board). Another criticism is that Box Sync (apparently?) will be deprecated in the future. If, like me, you are uncomfortable with network storage as the default, then Box might not be the best choice for you. I understand this is their business model -- and I can't speak for everyone -- but to me the upsides of default network storage seem outweighed by their downsides for typical use cases.

• Beoordeeld op 15-5-2020
Phoebe T.
Tutor/Researcher
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2020

"Great for Team Accessibility"

Opmerkingen: Box is user-friendly which has allowed my team and I to overcome problems of needless time consumption. Research projects take up a lot of time because of the amount of data that needs to be uploaded and analyzed. However, Box has enabled my team to effectively work together and independently while maintaining the ethical guidelines of research.

Pluspunten: As a tutor and a researcher, I love being able to upload videos of lesson plans and lectures so that my team and those I am working for are able to look back on what I said. Another thing I love about Box is how you can share multiple files with anyone you want and you are able to view who has downloaded something to maintain privacy and confidentiality. Box is especially useful for big groups of people. Everything is extremely accessible and easy to learn how to use. I recommend Box to my colleagues in research who want a safe way of maintaining confidentiality in research projects.

Minpunten: I do not have any problems with Box so far and I have been using Box for most of my college experience. I have used it for research, tutoring, and collaboration projects.

• Beoordeeld op 6-4-2020
David K.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020

"Way better than Google Drive and Dropbox"

Opmerkingen: Amazing. Just wish I’d found them earlier and not wasted time with Googles incredibly buggy Drive product and Dropbox’s ridiculously priced product.

Pluspunten: Before trying Box.com I tried both market leaders... Google Drive was cheap but horrendously buggy, when you’re logged into multiple gmail accounts it gets horribly confused and won’t let you access/edit/download your own files. I found workarounds for this like using an Incognito window or Firefox to access my files but it felt clunky and buggy. Dropbox didn’t have any of those issues, it was perfect but for a business plan for multiple staff members they charge crazy prices. Way too expensive. Box.com had none of the issues of Google drive, all of the functionality of Dropbox and charged a very reasonable price for it. Best of both worlds and in my opinion they should be the market leader.

Minpunten: Nothing. Literally have zero issues with it. After using their competitors box.com is a breath of fresh air in every sense.

• Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020
Desiree W.
NA
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2020

"Great Product / Slightly Too Pricey for Individuals"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I like Box. Better than Dropbox....maybe even better than pCloud as their UI is a bit dated and odd?...

Pluspunten: It does offer 10GB of storage for free versus Dropbox only offering 2GB for free.

Minpunten: The only next option is the 100GB plan and it's $10 a month whereas Google One offer the same 100GB plan for only $1.99 a month. Now, I realize the better security and privacy potentially offered with Box versus a "big brother" such as Google is what could warrant an increased price. However, I'm not sure it needs to increase that much. Plus, it's confusing how they have an indicudual pro plan for $10 a month and 100GB and then a starter business plan with the same storage for $5 a month. I don't understand that and I think things should be more clear and make more sense. Also, I'm having issues with Box Sync not working on my laptop. It just won't sync anymore other than the initial sync. I didn't feel like messing with it or dealing with customer service so I just uninstalled it from my laptop.

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2020
Val O.
COO
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-4-2020

"Great tool for managing and organizing files"

Opmerkingen: I really love box, appart form the few things I listed, I think is great. I definitely will keep using it.

Pluspunten: Packs a lot of functionalities even from the basic plan.
Has many integrations.
The support it's awesome and fast.
It's very easy to use.
They're constantly making improvements and new features.
You can pay in your local currency.
The version controls really works, not like google dos where you have million versions.

Minpunten: You can't lower the number of seats if you need to, you have to wait for the renovation date.
When sharing outside of the organization the experiences its not grate for the client, it's confusing, many believe they have to create an account.
They remove the google docs integration, only works now if you also pay for google apps, it doesn't make sense, since you are already paying for storage.

• Beoordeeld op 7-4-2020
Tim T.
Database Administrator
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2020

"Storage with excellent features for a fair price."

Opmerkingen: Collaboration via e-mail, the local network, and off-hours with a secure and responsive document and data storage repository. Very clean interface that even allows relative newcomers to easily start storing, sharing, and pulling files from other users.

Pluspunten: I loved that Box allows frequently-emailed coworkers from your outlook to easily view your recent box files, documents, and updates and download things of interest if they have permission. It makes collaboration via e-mail, even over large files, effortless.

Minpunten: Some of the features like drag-and-drop are buggy or tedious when linking multiple files, and the "upload folder" option is sometimes not able to be selected.

• Beoordeeld op 22-6-2020
Robert S.
IT Director
Farmaceutica, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019

"Upgrade needed to manage properly"

Opmerkingen: Working with BOX to store company data has not been smooth

Pluspunten: BOX is easy to setup and use with decent functionality for the initial version we subscribed to

Minpunten: IN order to properly administer the company's environment we had to upgrade to a different version. It took several emails and calls to get to someone who could help. Now two months after upgrading, I am still getting calls and emails from BOX reps trying to sell me the software I have already subscribed to. Internal coordination at BOX is not efficient.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019
Eric D.
a&r consultant
Muziek, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2020

"gets the job done but not better than drop box"

Opmerkingen: I overall its a good product. I just think they have to streamline it

Pluspunten: i really like how it is very secure and keeps track of my music files and to who i send them to and when

Minpunten: it gets the job done but not better than drop box.It runs slower and has way too many windows, just to listen to something

• Beoordeeld op 27-5-2020
Kacie H.
Marketing Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-4-2020

"Box is secure and can innovate industries from video to medical"

Opmerkingen: I loved using Box for file management and editing. It saved me time and headaches. I only wish that my company had expanded its use and unleashed more of its capabilities.

Pluspunten: Box is the simplest way for me to stay organized, share files with others and ensure that my data is secure. The user experience is easy to understand. It's simple to invite others at a variety of permission levels (somer colleagues to view only, others to download, others to have full editing capability). Syncing on multiple devices is a snap. But when I attended BoxWorks for training, I realized that one of the best advantages to using Box is the company's relationships with large, high-profile, reputable companies that provide tech integrations. One plug-in takes my raw video footage and auto-generates a searchable log of all dialogue. So I can search for every time an actor says a certain word. The AI even allows me to search for visual cues - one conservation team was able to just search "penguin," and then all their footage from across the world was sorted through in order to allow their video editors to find exactly the footage they needed for their next project. Box Relay allows you to create workflows with different steps assigned to different teammates. So when you complete your action, the next person is automatically notified that they can begin the next step. Present state is impressive. But I have a feeling we'll see even greater things to come.

Minpunten: It took me awhile to think of anything negative to say. The max file size on the more affordable subscription options is perhaps the only drawback I can think of.

• Beoordeeld op 28-4-2020
Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Farmaceutica, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2020

"Robust Cloud Base System"

Opmerkingen: We changed to Box awhile back to move our storage from internal servers to a cloud base system so we could easily access our files from anywhere. It's given us a lot more flexibility as we can work on our files from anywhere with internet access. It encourages us to try to do everything digitally and go green. Box overall is a great product for any business or individual who's looking for cloud storage.

Pluspunten: 1. I use the Box Sync feature on a daily basis on my MacBook. Box Sync allows uers to sync folders/files from Box Cloud to your finder so it feels like your just working from finder but it's being backed up the cloud! It's a simple and convenient way for me to access and organize our box files using finder. Our company has a lot of folder/files so I just sync the folders I use the most and I have quick access to my files. Box cloud also has a Box Drive feature which is similar but has one downside which I mention in the Cons section.
2. With Box Sync it's easy to know when your files have been sync to the box cloud with the file icons.
3. Sharing files to internal or external users is simple. Sharing files include a lot of features based on the security levels you want.
4. Another great feature is that it integrates our DocuSign software (e-signatures). I can easily get files signed electronically through Box and not have to log into our DocuSign software. A very convenient feature as I have to get a lot of files signed electronically on a daily basis.
5. Lastly, we basically have unlimited storage!

Minpunten: 1. One con about Box Sync is that it doesn't seamlessly sync files in finder as Box Drive does. There is a slight delay, sometimes a minute or two to sync to the cloud. However, I have to rename a lot of files and I can't just select a file and click "enter/return" on my MacBook to rename files with Box Drive. So I've stuck with box sync for now. But it would be nice if Box Drive would let me rename files easily.
2. I noticed is sometimes when you preview a file it sometimes takes time to load. It's sometimes faster just to open the file to view it which doesn't make sense when a preview should be faster.
3. I noticed is that the name length view is fixed when viewing on the box cloud. Therefore if you have a lot of files in a folder with the same name but different ending, you see all the files with the same name because the end of the filename is truncated. So you aren't easily able to see a specific file other than clicking one the files. At least have a feature where you hover your mouse over the file and it displays the full name of the file or something. It shouldn't require extra clicking just to find your files.
4. It does have a max file size of 5GB

• Beoordeeld op 27-4-2020
Hayley G.
Co-Director
Entertainment, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-2-2020

"My Life Saver"

Opmerkingen: Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

Pluspunten: Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

Minpunten: Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

• Beoordeeld op 22-2-2020
Narasimhan (nari) S.
Chemical Engineer
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software"

Opmerkingen: Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

Pluspunten: I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed.
BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple.
It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB.
Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files.

Minpunten: I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019

"10/10 File Sharing Solution - Internal and External"

Opmerkingen: It has been excellent - the customer service is also fast if there are any outages (very rare) affecting our uploads/syncing. It has saved us numerous amounts of bandwidth and has encouraged our employees to save files to Box for redundancy purposes and not to store items directly on their desktop.

Pluspunten: The ease of use of spinning up Box folders and collaborating among internal employees or external clients/customers. The granular permission settings within each folder allow the administrator ("owner" or "co-owner") help regulate privileges from editing, to downloading, and reading which is a great tool when looking to share with multiple parties at different levels. We stopped sending attachments via e-mail (not secure) and simply use Box now to point toward a Link where the file is located. If you don't have access to the link, you are unable to see the file. Our employees and customers love this feature and it keeps everyone involved and access privileges in check.

Minpunten: When using Box Drive, it can be a bit slow to sync when creating new folders, or modifying file names, directly on the desktop application (recommend using the Box web site), however, this is extremely minor. we have had many successes using Box and have not even considered exploring any other solutions for over 5 years.

• Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Staci T.
Social Media Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

"The best cloud storage on the web!"

Opmerkingen: One of the best continual investments we've made with the company. This platform has single-handedly help us acquire new clients and projects, thus increasing the bottom line.

Pluspunten: This is the most robust cloud storage platform on the web. Having been a client for over 10 years, there has been continued improvement to accessibility and security from the company. The ease of accessing files and sharing with others is second to none.

Minpunten: Absolutely nothing was below par. We love it and continually use it daily. Even the mobile app is fantastic!

• Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Jolie H.
Visual Space & Training Manager
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019

"Organized and accessible"

Opmerkingen: Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Pluspunten: Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

Minpunten: We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

• Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Kalina B.
Research Programmer
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019

"Very straightforward"

Opmerkingen: I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind! 1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive. 2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

Pluspunten: The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files. If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

Minpunten: There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

• Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019

"Reliable, Safe, Cloud Storage"

Opmerkingen: I have been very happy with Box. I have had not issues that I can think of. Box Sync is being phased out [YES!] in favor of Box Drive, which is their new file streaming service. I love how even though with Box Drive, the files are not actually on my computer, they are available instantly as needed. It is the exact same feature, but much better implemented in my opinion than OneDrive Files On-Demand and Google Drive File Stream provide.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. It is simple, whatever is in your Box Drive folder is what is on Box. It is very easy to share files with others. Files are safe, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Minpunten: Some users have to use a secure DAV connection, and Box severely throttles DAV connections. Moving files around using this takes a lot of time, BUT it does work for now.

• Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Zahra H.
Head of Business Ops
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019

"Stable Storage Solution"

Opmerkingen: Its good, overall i have no complaints.

Pluspunten: Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

Minpunten: You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

• Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Leonardo F.
UI/UX Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019

"Great for Content Marketing on Startups!"

Opmerkingen: When we started our business a few years ago, we did not have enough capital to spend on tools or rather we wanted to invest in more important equipment. That is when I got introduced to Box. Their product quality and security are as good as Dropbox. We never had a security breach or lost a file, and since we offer content marketing services, the number of files we upload and download monthly is too many.

Pluspunten: The speed to download and upload every single file

Minpunten: It is not as good as Dropbox, but if you are starting your business and want to save a good amount of money it is an ideal choice.

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019

"One stop cloud for all your syncing, sharing and collaborating needs"

Opmerkingen: Box is an online cloud-based content management software that is particularly helpful when you need to store, edit and share all your data and documents from one place. We have a business account with Box and have been using the same since more than a year. It is fairly simple to use, with updates coming out once in a while showcasing new features. The software interfaces seamlessly with the office suite (Office 365 or others), therefore allowing users to use it via their computer, and not necessarily through the website or app. However, it does consume tons of storage space on your computer, therefore I'd definitely recommend only syncing the files to be used rather than syncing all folders you're collaborating on.
Box is undoubtedly a great tool for virtual teams collaborating from different locations as sharing, uploading and syncing data is simple and stress-free. My team and I literally work through Box all day, and are always on the same page when it comes to our projects, as each one of us can view the other's uploaded documents on Box and continue working on the same. Additionally, managing and filing documents in one secure storage have become uncomplicated. For us, it reduces the chances of repeating the same work and error. of course, error; and also saving precious time not looking for files and folders all over.

Pluspunten: Box allows users to upload all kinds of files of different formats (documents, images, video, drawing packages, zipped folders etc.) to its webpage (or app on phone/tablet) with ease. These uploaded documents can be shared with relevant team members, while also keeping them private from others where necessary. Shareable with the help of the link, Box files are easy to update, one can either edit in the browser itself or download to do the same. It is easy to track the activity of users, like who has viewed, downloaded and edited the files. This is a great tool when collaborating with colleagues through the web as all changes in a particular document/content are updated in real time and everybody working on that project can track changes and updates.
I consider Box to be a reliable, simplified and secure software that I am able to utilize abundantly on a daily basis with my team. It is accessible anywhere and everywhere with a stable internet connection. One can simply drag and drop files and folders to Box and it will get uploaded instantly. This works wonders when you are out of office (for example, site or travelling) and your team needs to access the documents you've been working on or vice versa.
Also, it is possible to have Box sync (as a standalone app) set up on your computer and aids easy syncing without the need to log in every time.

Minpunten: When compared to its competitors (Google Drive/OneDrive), Box does look a bit unappealing owing to its price tag. It offers four plans, the most inexpensive one being Standard (for personal use I presume), followed by Business, Business Plus and Enterprise. Small and medium-sized firms can make do with the average priced Business and Business Plus offerings. However, I don't think that I would invest in it if for my personal use.
Secondly, for files such as .dwg and .rar do not open as a preview and have to be downloaded for viewing. This poses a problem for me as I have to review large drawing packages and downloading them just for review is quite a hassle. Would love if these little aspects are fixed for the upcoming updates.

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Mary B.
HR Director
Research, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018

"Easy file sharing from desk, laptop, phone... "

Opmerkingen: I love Box and tell everyone I interview about Box. We are a 70% remote group and depend on Box for sharing information and collaborating on projects. Applicants ask, "How do you manage a dispersed work force?" and "How do people maintain a sense of team?" "Box," I say, "is a big component."

Pluspunten: 1. Sharing files is simple, no matter who you want to share with and no matter from what device. You can share a document with someone inside or outside of the organization without giving up control of the document. No need for someone outside of the organization to upload any software in order to access the shared document.
2. As an HR professional I find Box to be a great tool for collaborating with hiring managers. I set up a system for resume sorting that allows hiring managers to see just those resumes selected for their review, and allows the manager to move the candidates ahead in the hiring process, or not, as desired. I can then take action based on their actions in Box. It's very efficient. As a small business we do not need expensive, extensive stand-alone software for applicant tracking. Box allows us to record our decision making process
3. Largely intuitive, but in case you need a bit of help, the webinars and how-to videos are very easy to follow.
4. I can access, read and send documents from my phone. Very helpful for those moments at the beach when you realize you forgot to send a document to your boss. It's happened.

Minpunten: 1. I work mostly from an old Mac. I find some of the interface less smooth than from my PC. For example, when I create a Word doc within Box while using my Mac, the Mac defaults to Text Edit instead of Word. I suspect that's user error, though.

• Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Joseric M.
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018

"Box for personal or office digital storage"

Opmerkingen: Box continues to amaze and survive given the steep competition out there. Its main selling point for us is the boost in confidence as regards its super security features and data loss prevention.

Pluspunten: There are many things to love about Box. For one, its Business plans come with unlimited storage! We started out with Free just to try it, then moved to Starter then Business (as we needed more than 10 users on board). It's worth it esp for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a secure place for storage with tons of extra features for both admin and security. The 5GB upload is enough for the big multimedia and other iso/archive files we have. For our admin, the integration with our Active Directory saved us from having to require our users to create/maintain an extra account (user/password) for Box. We are also proud to announce to our team about its security features like SSL, encryption, and even two-factor authentication for the meticulous.
Although​ we haven't had the need for the DLP (Data Loss Prevention) that Box advertises, we are happy that this is part of our subscription and gives a little extra boost of confidence with our files.
The corporate logo can also be incorporated into the platform to make it personalized according to your company's branding scheme. Box also offers a ton of possible integrations. So far what we use are integrations with Google Suite (e.g., docs), Salesforce (CRM), and MS Office 365. This makes it easy for users​ to create content is our usual platforms and then easily save and manage them in Box.

Minpunten: We have quite a number of staff who already use other online storage platforms (Dropbox, Google Drive). Note that Non-Box users can only access files as Read-Only... in which case our people really had to be forced to create an account for edit purposes and collaboration.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Eugene J.
Director of Information Technology
Management non-profit organisaties, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016

"Box - a secure, collaborative platform for all connected users"

Opmerkingen: I've been been a Box customer for about four years. During that time we've gone from a limited POC to a large scale international rollout. We've found Box to be very responsive both from a support standpoint and in terms of listening to their customers regarding features and needs.
The primary reason we initially chose Box was because of the outstanding security framework which was at the core of the initial offering and continues to be a key focus for Box. The management and governance features allowed us to roll it out to a geographically diverse group of employees with the assurance that their data would be secure and would remain secure.
Our initial need was to centrally replicate data from an international location. Based on the success of that POC, we've been able to replicate that success in a number of international locations and delay or eliminate the need for physical systems and storage that had previously been a part of our technology deployment.

Pluspunten: Security is still my favorite feature - I have the confidence that our data is secure and will remain secure. Box meets a number of US based and international security regulations and data compliance requirements, Box makes governance and compliance easy.
Notifications based on file changes or folder changes have allowed us to create "instant workflows" to quickly move data from a variety of locations in the hands of a number of users. This has allowed us to create a system where data is not only securely stored, but able to be quickly acted upon by a geographically diverse group of staff.
Rolling Box seats out to new users is easy, and Box makes a wide variety of training materials available to its users to help them leverage the features.

Minpunten: There's not much to dislike - the feature set is good and continues to grow. If there is a downside, it is that - like all cloud based solutions - connectivity is required, and that can sometimes be a challenge for my organization is some of the remote international locations where we work.

• Beoordeeld op 23-8-2016