Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Gymdesk

Moderne software voor sportschoolbeheer die zowel krachtig als gebruiksvriendelijk is. Ontdek waarom honderden sportscholen zijn overgestapt op Gymdesk met de gratis proefversie.

Meer informatie over Gymdesk

Easy to set up and import data. Affordable pricing for the software.

A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade.

Beoordelingen van Gymdesk

4,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Gymdesk heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 115 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Gymdesk eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (115)

Alan
Alan
Owner / Head Instructor in VS

Why MaonRails is the best solution for a Martial Arts Studio

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Joey
Coach in Canada

Gymdesk nailed it

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent. I would highly recommend any gym owner give gymdesk a shot. Even if it wasn't for you (and I'd be surprised if it wasn't), you lose nothing by trying.

Very easy to use Lots of built in features No upsell No sales team/sales pitches Excellent customer service. You email, they get back to you quickly. Simple as that. Tons of online content: youtube videos, articles, podcasts, etc.

It does not pair super well with Square. There are some limitations to how you can use the physical POS with it. I hear stripe is the better option in this case.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Kicksite

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Mindbody was terrible and extremely expensive Zenplanner was OK but felt very dated and lacked modernity. Prices have gone up quite a bit too.

Overgestapt van: Mindbody

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: Excellent price Modern and easy to use Lots of features and extras with no upsell No awful sales team and sales pitches

Laurel
ARNP in VS

Great product

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Fantastic really. We really jumped feet first when deciding to take over a gym with very little prior experience with back-end knowledge and this program really made it so much easier.

We love how Gymdesk makes life so much easier for our business. The overall look of the program is great and the functionality of it has exceeded our expectations. Customer service has been excellent to work with any time we run into a snag.

We would like to be able to schedule members in "spots" in class (like movie theater or plane seating) to incentivize early booking for classes. It would help us be better prepared and discourage last minute booking.

Ryan
owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Usable but I would recommend different gym software

2,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Gymdesk runs and works in the many essential areas but there are many obvious flaws

Nice looking interface, easy to use dashboard. Very easy initial set up compared to a competitor service I was also using. Many things just work. Staff responds to problems quickly enough for what I imagine is a small company, but the company doesnt have the resources to continue development to deal with what I feel are obvious issues.

Very few customization options. No integrated parent/guardian option on sign up forms and waivers (has to be done custom), which for software catering to martial arts businesses is a little ridiculous. Cumbersome to set up document and membership options and difficult to individualize membership options outside of the template you've created (although you can discount or add signup fees, etc). Students uploading profile pictures from all webcams come out with wrong aspect ratio and make my business look unprofessional. Cannot disable capchas on signup forms (among other elements that cannot be customized). Essential membership documents are not required to be signed right away and add an extra step for staff that can easily be missed when I feel the software should be able to automate this task.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: WellnessLiving

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: wanted to try new gym software

Overgestapt van: GymMaster, Zen Planner en Mindbody

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: wellness living was difficult to get set up, particularly when it came to merchant processing

12 maanden geleden

Hi Ryan, Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our product! We wanted to follow up and see if we could address some of your concerns - * We do have integrated parent / guardian options, both a signature requirements for waivers, and as contacts * You can require membership documents to be signed during sign up (it's an optional setting) If you could let us know what is missing for you with regards to customizing your memberships and sign-up forms, we'd love to take a look. Also, we'd be happy to take a look at any uploaded member photos that did not look right, though we are limited in what what we can do with the assets members upload themselves. Please reach out to us at [email protected] and let's chat!

Matthew
Owner - Head Instructor in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Triple Seven Jiu Jitsu - Ventura, Ca.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: So far it has been Great! I would just like to be able to call and get a question answered.

I liked the Convenience and Price of Gymdesk.

Not being able to speak on the phone directly to customer service.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Zen Planner en Zendesk Suite

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: Quick and Easy - they also helped me set up! Price and Ease of Use .

Paul
Owner & Instructor in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent! Highly Effective Gym Management Tool!!

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am VERY happy with the decision to begin using GymDesk for our membership management. It is easy for us and our members, the price is very reasonable, and the value is DEFINITELY there!

We struggled to find an effective tool for tracking our members, memberships, and leads within a single tool. The ability to input leads and walk through the onboarding process with them and follow them through to membership and renewals has been a game-changer for our administrative functions. Additionally, the ease with which we were able to integrate our existing payment processing systems has been nice (since we don't need to get multiple processors). The website templating is also a nice tool. We are not particularly skilled at making and managing websites, so having this template has been super nice. Well done!

There are only a couple of tools that don't have quite the robustness that I would like. Specifically, the skills tracking tool is a great idea, but I would like to be able to customize it a little bit more that I can now.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Zen Planner

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: The primary reason for trying Gymdesk first was the cost difference. We wanted to try the lower cost one first and reserve the option to upgrade if necessary. We have been pleasently surprised with our experience and have no intention of switching to another tool if we do not need do.

Jason
Owner in Australië
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

'Martial Arts on Rails' is worth your attention. Try it out!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience to date has been very good. I have received excellent customer service. Due to COVID-19 temporary shutdown of my gym/dojo, I had some time on my hands to do a detailed review and trial of this software. I have looked a several systems over the past couple of years in detail and used another system for 12 months prior to moving to Martial Arts on Rails. Although it doesn't do 100% of what I wanted, it is very close and improving all the time. Remember there is no such thing as a perfect system. This software does a good job of majoring on the majors and is growing and adding new features and feature improvements continually based on user feedback. Keep up the fantastic work Martial Arts on Rails!

- Ease of use. - Ability to easily communicate via Text Message or Email in bulk to members/database without leaving the system or having to export to another system. - Member Portal very useful. - Overall features combined equals a great product. - Support has proven to be very responsive.

- At time of writing, there are limited integration options e.g. No 'Zapier' integration. However, for most users I believe you won't need another system. That's one of the benefits of this software. - There are work arounds, however at time of writing there is no customised tagging system for member database. - Even though I believe they have an easy Family management feature. At time of writing there is no easy way to communicate directly with a parent/guardian of a child student. For example, currently the email would be addressed directly to the child, not the parent/guardian.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Martialytics, ClubWorx, Zen Planner, Mindbody en MemberPress

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Previous solution was lacking easy direct bulk communication with members and online member content area was not as flexible.

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: - Looks good. - Easy to use. - Easy bulk communication via text or email. - Online Member Portal is more flexible than other solutions I reviewed. - Handles most things I require to create a complete solution for my gym/dojo.

Luke
Instructor in VK

Great Software For Martial Arts Schools

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nothing but a positive experience with Martial Arts on Rails, highly recommend it

There are so many great things about this software, the depth of features is fantastic and covers pretty much everything a martial arts school would need! The technical assistance is another massive plus point, you always get a prompt polite response to your queries and everything is resolved super quick. Another plus point of this software is that is is super easy to use and navigate through, a lot of thought has gone into the layout and ensuring the most important features are right there at your fingertips. Another positive about this software is the developers are always updating it with new features, which is fantasict, they really are determined to provide the best possible software out there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this software to any other Martial Arts Clubs based on my experience using it!

One of the biggest cons with this software, if there are any, is the lack of an app. I feel this would be the icing on the cake.

Stephen
Martial Arts Instructor in VS

Nothing but amazing!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: RhinoFit en WellnessLiving

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Kept feeling like the price was going up while more and more restrictions were being added. We would contact customer support just for them to transfer me to another person who would then transfer us to another person, that would make us wait for an email that never arrived. Also It felt/looked like their software was stuck in the early 2000. Complete opposite of Maonrails!

Overgestapt van: Zen Planner

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: Pricing. Integrations to our current billing system. Beautiful UI and customization.

Alec
Owner and head instructor in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Fairly priced and full of features that we need

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied with the amount of features and customer support when I do run into issues

Managing capacities per class is crucial. I want to places can do auto billing but to be able to reserve the amount of spots per class and be able to see how many are taken incentivize users to book their class is ahead of time. One thing I would like to see them implement is allowing me too cut off the window. 15 minutes out. They allow intervals of hours or days, I would like to see them add minutes so that I can close the window. 15 minutes before class starts so that people can’t register or cancel in that timeframe.

Would like to be able to cancel sign in/cancellation 15 minutes out

Ben
Executive Director in VS
Openbare veiligheid, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent choice for member management

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features. The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software. The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in. Great set of features for the price.

Updating members isn't always easy. Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected. Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited. No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

Svenja
Membership Management in Duitsland
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help.
It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date Recurring payment and customized membership options Homepage set up via MAonRails Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Kicksite

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: MAoR is build for BJJ gyms, so it met exactly our needs. Pricing is very attractive and it offered the functions needed for our gym. We took the free trial and were convinced this is the software for our gym!

Estefan
Estefan
Academy Owner in Canada
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Our go to for a martial arts facility management system

5,0 3 jaar geleden

displays all the information i need with easy to use navigation and simplified interface.

certain settings are hard to find. It would be nice to have them all in one tab called "settings" with tabs within that to separate payments, memberships etc.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Zen Planner

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: affordability, ease of use and modern interface

Matt
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Seamus
Manager in VS

Great for the price

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Very customizable and full of neat and useful features. Attendance tracking, session allotment, booking are all done really well. Friendly and clean UI. If I wanted to do what I'm doing on Gymdesk on Mindbody (or other big names), I'd probably spend double and with more headaches. There are some features that could be added (like an IOS app!) and some that could be more intuitive, but the Gymdesk team is very responsive and helpful, so I'm sure that regardless of your studio's style of doing things they could help calibrate the software to your situation. All-in-all, great software and major bang for your buck.

1. Sometimes the sign-up page will glitch out or be clunky, which can be embarrassing when dealing with a client. 2. Although it isn't the job of the software to do your math, I do wish there were more numbers that tracked different info about leads, demographics, attendance, new/old/returning students, and accounting stuff like revenue growth, average spent per student, number of paid/unpaid per month, etc. 3. To my knowledge, there is no easy way to upgrade or downgrade memberships. You have to manually cancel their current membership, add the other one, and then figure out the prorated difference (which can be somewhat confusing, especially on the fly). 4. No app, which is fine, but it is definitely easier to use the software on the computer than on the Ipad or phone.

Tommy
Martial Arts Instructor in VS

Martial Arts on Rails is THE Best Management Tool for Martial Arts Schools

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The services provided by Martial Arts on Rails are amazing. We use it every day whether we check for renewal dates, attendance tracking, belt promotions,

-Student/Attendance Tracking -Billing/Invoicing -Memberships -Easy to set up and import data -Affordable pricing for the software -Amazing customer service -Interactive portal for students/parents -Highly customizable + So much more

There are little to no cons to Martial Arts on Rails. Even if there are bugs or questions contacting them will you get you a response very quickly and you'll be guided to a resolution.

Yan
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers

Almost satisfied

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm enjoying the experience. The software is making our business routine easier.

Attendance tracking: - Pros: you track everyone on the class that they belongs Punch Card: - Pros: We found a way to create a membership as "Punch Card" and it's working the remaining class pretty well. Check In Report: -We can see every student that checked in and their dates.

Attendance tracking: - Cons: Some teenagers are attending adults class and there's no way to track their attendance on adults class counting attendance for new stripe or promotion on their belts. Punch Card: - Cons: We can't take the expiration date for future charges. We have to select a date for the next payment even if the remaining classes are not done.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks for the positive review of our product, Yan! We're glad to hear you found it useful for your business. There is an option to have a session apply towards promotion in multiple programs by setting it to "All Programs" - if you need more help with setting that up, please reach out to our support and we'll be happy to assist you!

Heidi

Love this software!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

Paul
Owner in Australië

Martial Arts on Rails Review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Simple interface Most needed features Quick turnaround for bug fixes Open to suggestions for new features

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Douglas
Instructor in VS
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Instructor

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Having used a couple products prior, this one works best for our schools, because of the size, the affordability and features. We use to have to carry hard copies of paperwork/release now we can pull it at any location, even at tournaments sites if needed.

The inability to just read or replay to messages seems to be a bit problematic as I get email notifiations, but, if I don't read the email or on the message screen, those messages may go unanswered for some time.

Joey
Chief Instructor in Canada
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Slick looking and easy to use

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it. That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that". I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for. Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch. Developer responsiveness and support.

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

George
Manager in VS

excellent software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Constantly improves software features. Very prompt with support and any questions. We highly recommend Martial Arts on Rails.

No complaints everything has worked very well.

Yoshi
Gym Co-Owner in Nieuw-Zeeland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic product and customer service

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic- great product, even better customer service- have sent multiple questions via email and have always received detailed and fast replies.

Clean, intuitive UI that is very easy to use and maintain our memberships. great product, even better customer service.

when i started using this software, there was no integration with GoCardless- however since then, Gymdesk has implemented this! They were great at communicating the update to us.

Nick
Owner and Head Instructor in VS
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing product with excellent service!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We handled all of our members, monthly payments, POS, leads, etc. with multiple spreadsheets and several different products. It saves us so much time and give us peace of mind to know that almost everything we need is in one place!

Aside from the ability to customize this software to meet our school's needs, the team is very responsive and always willing to answer any questions we have! They have even been able to implement some small new features within a few weeks to make our experience that much better!

There aren't many things negative about this software; the only thing may be integration with more apps. However as fast as they are improving, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened soon!

Franck
lead instructor in Australië

Great support

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names.
We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable.
MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance.
I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

- Best support ever - Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan - All features requests are considered and thought through - Payment integration with square and stripe - kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in - manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc - integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!