Over Gymdesk

Online software voor het beheren van vechtsportscholen, met lidmaatschapsbeheer, facturering, een website voor de sportschool, marketingtools en meer.

Meer informatie over Gymdesk

Easy “on the fly” changes. Beautiful schedule for website.

Beoordelingen van Gymdesk

4,9
Waar voor je geld

Gymdesk heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 104 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Gymdesk eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (104)

Alan
Alan
Owner / Head Instructor in VS

Why MaonRails is the best solution for a Martial Arts Studio

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Jason
Owner in Australië
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

'Martial Arts on Rails' is worth your attention. Try it out!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall experience to date has been very good. I have received excellent customer service. Due to COVID-19 temporary shutdown of my gym/dojo, I had some time on my hands to do a detailed review and trial of this software. I have looked a several systems over the past couple of years in detail and used another system for 12 months prior to moving to Martial Arts on Rails. Although it doesn't do 100% of what I wanted, it is very close and improving all the time. Remember there is no such thing as a perfect system. This software does a good job of majoring on the majors and is growing and adding new features and feature improvements continually based on user feedback. Keep up the fantastic work Martial Arts on Rails!

- Ease of use. - Ability to easily communicate via Text Message or Email in bulk to members/database without leaving the system or having to export to another system. - Member Portal very useful. - Overall features combined equals a great product. - Support has proven to be very responsive.

- At time of writing, there are limited integration options e.g. No 'Zapier' integration. However, for most users I believe you won't need another system. That's one of the benefits of this software. - There are work arounds, however at time of writing there is no customised tagging system for member database. - Even though I believe they have an easy Family management feature. At time of writing there is no easy way to communicate directly with a parent/guardian of a child student. For example, currently the email would be addressed directly to the child, not the parent/guardian.

Overwogen alternatieven: Martialytics, ClubWorx, Zen Planner, Mindbody en MemberPress

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Previous solution was lacking easy direct bulk communication with members and online member content area was not as flexible.

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: - Looks good. - Easy to use. - Easy bulk communication via text or email. - Online Member Portal is more flexible than other solutions I reviewed. - Handles most things I require to create a complete solution for my gym/dojo.

Mark
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

TERRIBLE customer service and support--simply terrible.

2,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Terrible. I am cancelling and going with the company's competitor. At least they provide a customer service phone number.

It is an OKAY membership management platform.

Gymdesk's customer service and support is TERRIBLE. For one, they do not provide a phone number at ALL. After several emails asking for a callback, someone responded back that they do NOT do CALLBACKS but that they would SCHEDULE a customer service call. Really? Okay, yes, let's do that. What a pain. Especially because I am calling about the 3 THREE charges a month that my $75 a month service is supposed to cost.

Reactie Gymdesk

2 maanden geleden

Hi Mark, While we do not provide live phone support due to our customers being in many timezones, we do provide extremely effective and quick one on one support via live chat, email, or a scheduled video call on demand. We responded promptly to your inquiry and addressed your concerns in under 1 hours time. Ultimately, it was a user error on your end that we helped you discover and resolve. We did everything in our power to address this and are sad to hear that you chose to no longer utilize our services. We take pride in our customer service as evidenced by the many other reviews here. Since this review was submitted before we could clear your misunderstanding regarding the charges, we hope you'll reconsider. Regardless, we wish you the best with your gym endeavors.

Andre
Owner Head Instructor in Canada

Very Happy

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing customer service. Great software for members and administration.

Ease of use for myself and members. Website development. Customer Service.

There are some filters I could use with Mindbody when running reports or creating back end changes which make things easier.However I have only thought this once or twice in my year of using their software and it does not impact my operations.

Overwogen alternatieven: Acuity Scheduling

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Initially cost. Gymdesk was recommended.

Overgestapt van: Mindbody

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: The trial was incredible. The setup was easy and fun. Great member feedback.

Luke
Instructor in VK

Great Software For Martial Arts Schools

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Nothing but a positive experience with Martial Arts on Rails, highly recommend it

There are so many great things about this software, the depth of features is fantastic and covers pretty much everything a martial arts school would need! The technical assistance is another massive plus point, you always get a prompt polite response to your queries and everything is resolved super quick. Another plus point of this software is that is is super easy to use and navigate through, a lot of thought has gone into the layout and ensuring the most important features are right there at your fingertips. Another positive about this software is the developers are always updating it with new features, which is fantasict, they really are determined to provide the best possible software out there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this software to any other Martial Arts Clubs based on my experience using it!

One of the biggest cons with this software, if there are any, is the lack of an app. I feel this would be the icing on the cake.

Overwogen alternatieven: NEST Student Management System

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: I liked the look of it and it offered everything i was looking for, plus the addition of a free trial meant it was easy to try out the software in full before fully making the switch from paper admin.

Stephen
Martial Arts Instructor in VS

Nothing but amazing!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Overwogen alternatieven: RhinoFit en WellnessLiving

Redenen om voor Gymdesk te kiezen: Kept feeling like the price was going up while more and more restrictions were being added. We would contact customer support just for them to transfer me to another person who would then transfer us to another person, that would make us wait for an email that never arrived. Also It felt/looked like their software was stuck in the early 2000. Complete opposite of Maonrails!

Overgestapt van: Zen Planner

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: Pricing. Integrations to our current billing system. Beautiful UI and customization.

Angela
Owner/Operator in Canada

Top Value

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I am very pleased with our choice to go with maonrails. This system was initially meant for our yoga and fitness programs, but the benefits we are seeing in our karate programs is amazing. The students love how easy it is to use, they love the portal and payment option. The free website is easy to set up, with lots of choices to customize. We run a number of different classes using this program and it keeps us organized so we can focus on the classes rather than the back office. The report features are very helpful to keep each program separate. Overall, using this program has saved us hours of paperwork each week. It is the program we didn't know we needed until we tried it! Definitely would recommend giving it a try. Great customer service, great website and amazing tool to keep ranks, dates, payments, attendance and schedules organized!

The price was the selling point. Not the cost of the program, but the fact that there was not a tiered system for pricing. You know exactly what you are getting from day one! The program is also very easy to setup and use. The support is fantastic. Not being one that is up on all the latest technology, they took the time to walk me through things, step by step. They were answering my questions and assisting right away so I never had to wait.

Being in Canada, there are some features that cannot be used based on the payment processing company we use. There is none that allow same functionalities as in the US. I am sure it will be in a future update.

Overwogen alternatieven: RhinoFit, Zen Planner en WellnessLiving

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: We were looking for a program with no additional/hidden fees for options. We wanted one price and know what was included without having to purchase/increase costs for updates. Wanted a no hassle program that would be user friendly for everyone.

Leigh-Ann
Owner in Canada

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

Sabrina
Director in Sales and Operations in VS

The Factory Dillsburg - GymDesk Customer Review

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: 10/10 amazing experience

I absolutely love this software. The customer service, how user friendly the software is, the troubleshooting support, and all of the different functions that the software offers is amazing. Based on all of the things each software pricing level offers, Gymdesk sets itself MUCH higher over other software programs available. I would recommend to anyone.

There are some features i wish there would be more options for customization.

Seiji
Co-Owner in Canada

New gym owner

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall our experience has been extremely positive and have not once considered seeking out other software.

Gymdesk is a powerful tool that has so far met most of our needs as a new gym. Customer service is extremely fast and helpful. We have on multiple occasions inquired about features not present in the software and these have been rapidly implemented.

The gym scheduling can be a little confusing to manage and this can also affect the attendance tracking.

Overwogen alternatieven: Spark Membership, Glofox en RhinoFit

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: Price was a major factor. We liked that the software was built specifically for jiu-jitsu and so we knew that it would have many of the key features we were looking for

Svenja
Membership Management in Duitsland
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help.
It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date Recurring payment and customized membership options Homepage set up via MAonRails Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Overwogen alternatieven: Kicksite

Redenen om over te stappen op Gymdesk: MAoR is build for BJJ gyms, so it met exactly our needs. Pricing is very attractive and it offered the functions needed for our gym. We took the free trial and were convinced this is the software for our gym!

Ted
President in VS

A useful management tool

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been generally quite happy and find the system to address the majority of my needs.

Professional clean user interface. It's fairly easy to find the features in looking for. Further the help section and customer support have been excellent.

Lack of event management options. While it's pretty easy to add classes I would like to be able to manage special events, like seminars with guest instructors, on my schedule.

Matt
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Seamus
Manager in VS

Great for the price

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Very customizable and full of neat and useful features. Attendance tracking, session allotment, booking are all done really well. Friendly and clean UI. If I wanted to do what I'm doing on Gymdesk on Mindbody (or other big names), I'd probably spend double and with more headaches. There are some features that could be added (like an IOS app!) and some that could be more intuitive, but the Gymdesk team is very responsive and helpful, so I'm sure that regardless of your studio's style of doing things they could help calibrate the software to your situation. All-in-all, great software and major bang for your buck.

1. Sometimes the sign-up page will glitch out or be clunky, which can be embarrassing when dealing with a client. 2. Although it isn't the job of the software to do your math, I do wish there were more numbers that tracked different info about leads, demographics, attendance, new/old/returning students, and accounting stuff like revenue growth, average spent per student, number of paid/unpaid per month, etc. 3. To my knowledge, there is no easy way to upgrade or downgrade memberships. You have to manually cancel their current membership, add the other one, and then figure out the prorated difference (which can be somewhat confusing, especially on the fly). 4. No app, which is fine, but it is definitely easier to use the software on the computer than on the Ipad or phone.

Tommy
Martial Arts Instructor in VS

Martial Arts on Rails is THE Best Management Tool for Martial Arts Schools

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The services provided by Martial Arts on Rails are amazing. We use it every day whether we check for renewal dates, attendance tracking, belt promotions,

-Student/Attendance Tracking -Billing/Invoicing -Memberships -Easy to set up and import data -Affordable pricing for the software -Amazing customer service -Interactive portal for students/parents -Highly customizable + So much more

There are little to no cons to Martial Arts on Rails. Even if there are bugs or questions contacting them will you get you a response very quickly and you'll be guided to a resolution.

Heidi

Love this software!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

Paul
Owner in Australië

Martial Arts on Rails Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Simple interface Most needed features Quick turnaround for bug fixes Open to suggestions for new features

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Jean-Marc
Sport Director in Zwitserland

Great responsiveness

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easiness and reliability !

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Maurice
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great martial arts management software

5,0 vorig jaar

Great membership management, auto billing which is important, attendance tracking, sales & marketing Are great. The only email and text function is a game changer too! You have to pay a little extra but it’s a huge life saver to send messages out quickly to all members or to certain members.

I’d like to see this software give the member the ability to track their progress according to the program, ranks and promotion requirements. For example, when I set certain skills for a particular rank, the student cannot see what those skills are on their one member portal. They can see what rank they are, but not the skills associated with the rank.

Reactie Martial Arts on Rails

vorig jaar

Hi Maurice, thanks for the positive review and continued support! We do have the option to show promotion criteria for the current to members, if you reach out we'd be happy to show you how to do that.

Wilhelm
CEO @ SOJJ, Sportdirector Austrian Jiu Jitsu Federation in Oostenrijk

MAOR a crucial tool

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A very useful tool which is really recommended. A really very useful tool, especially for us as a martial arts school.

The software made our work a lot easier. Many processes are automated and not only improve the direct work with customers but also the processing of the data. As a young company, we are more than satisfied with the product. In addition, there is really very good customer service. Even small changes in the software used were implemented by MAOR in a very short time to meet our needs.

As with any new software, you have to get used to it. We often used the really excellent customer service when we had questions. But it was never a problem, it was always a quick fix

Yoshi
Gym Co-Owner in Nieuw-Zeeland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic product and customer service

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic- great product, even better customer service- have sent multiple questions via email and have always received detailed and fast replies.

Clean, intuitive UI that is very easy to use and maintain our memberships. great product, even better customer service.

when i started using this software, there was no integration with GoCardless- however since then, Gymdesk has implemented this! They were great at communicating the update to us.

Marion
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Great Program

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Benedikt
Coach in Duitsland

Best BJJ Gym Tool on the market

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Best customer support ever

Very well made web application with obviously years of experience

Nothing comes to mind currently. If something is missing, they try to help or even implement the feature

Overwogen alternatieven: Vereinsplaner

Matt
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best Software out there

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I love the software and will use it for years to come.

It's super easy to use and has made my life easier.

So far no CONs at all. I highly recommend it.

Grandmaster/ Owner in Australië

Love the program

Opmerkingen: Excellent

I use this program constantly for my school

Sometimes it was hard to understand linking sites to it. However the administration helped and sorted it fast with me