Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over My Music Staff

My Music Staff is de eenvoudig te gebruiken online app voor het beheren van je bedrijf voor muziekonderwijs. Geef meer les. Met minder stress.

Meer informatie over My Music Staff

Easy to use and comprehensive. The invoicing is so simple to use and makes it easy to keep up with my finances.

The auto-generated lesson fee feature is a bit confusing for me (showing a balance owed for lessons which haven't occurred) but even more so for the students.

Beoordelingen van My Music Staff

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

My Music Staff heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 731 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je My Music Staff eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (731)

Matthew
Matthew
Owner / Music Director in VS
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Couldn't run my music school without it

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It is extremely simple and easy to use. I only use the Students, Family and Calendar portions of it, and it serves well beyond what I need it for. So easy to view schedule and filter and organize it based on location, teacher, student, etc. i LOVE , as do the parents, the 24-hour in advance automatic reminders auto-texted or e-mailed (your choice).

Besides a couple of very minor workflow impedances, it would be nice to integrate the calendar with an existing website, rather than only having the option to do so with the current website.

Mallory
Executive Director and Teacher in VS
Beeldende kunst, 11-50 werknemers

My Music Staff, the Music School Life Saver

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My Music Staff has been the game changer for my music school. I have researched so many systems, and was recommended over a dozen. My Music Staff not only is user friendly and fantastic for music, but also cost effective! I recommend them to everyone!

I LOVE the calendar system, attendance system, student/parent portal, and the simple integration with Stripe for payments that populates from the calendar. It saves so many hours each week!

I wish it was easier to schedule staff meetings in MMS, and I would love it if teachers could have their own connected student account that we could put in Performances and Meetings/Events.

Bron: GetApp

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Looks great on the website, doesn't it?

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was SO excited to find this service. But I've been SO disappointed in them, and can't wait to transfer everything to a new service later this year.

MMS promises to handle all of your music studio needs, from scheduling to billing to communications, and indeed, it has modules for all of those plus repertory records, lending library management, downloadable/playable resources, and even mileage. So if you want software that LOOKS like it does everything, you've found it!

None of these modules seem actually to have been tested by actual music teachers. Scheduling is ridiculously complicated, especially when students want to cancel or reschedule. Billing leads to a minimum of five confused emails from parents each month because of MMS's bizarre policies regarding past-due payments and account balances. Emails cannot be sent to students and parents simultaneously—they're automatically BCC'ed, leading to confusing message threads and miscommunications. Even the lesson notes and blog features are poorly handled—they don't auto-save, so an accidental tab closure can lead to the loss of an entire lesson's worth of notes, and formatting is bizarrely non-standard. (Don't even think about cutting and pasting.)

Kate
Teacher in VS

Worth Every Penny for Music Teachers

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Subscribing to MMS moved helped me to expand my business and move to the next level. I have great respect for the company and much gratitude for the service they provide. They are helping music to flourish in this world!

My Music Staff has made my life as a music teacher a thousand times easier! The site is intuitive to use for my students and for me, the ease of accepting regular online payments has subtracted hours of administrative time, and I love the ability to create a library of online resources for my students. MMS has helped me to feel calm and organized and to focus more on my teaching.

I really do like everything about the site and heartily recommend it. The only difficulty I've ever encountered is when there is an update and something has moved - but in that case, the excellent customer service has always helped me sort things out.

Jason
Guitar Instructor in VS

My Music Staff: A godsend for the unorganized instructor

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Insanely good. Best application/ website I have ever used hands down. Six Stars.

Where to start? I think the Number 1 reason I love MMS is because of its features. They have truly thought of everything a teacher would need to track schedule and communicate with their students. Anything I personally wanted to try or change in regards to my lessons that I teach was somehow already available for me to utilize. Its as if music teachers themselves designed it. Next is the ease of use. I have never experienced an online tool so simple and so intuitive. I learned the entire sites basic functions in a matter of days and within a week I was a pro using the advanced settings. Literally anytime I couldn't figure how something worked or anytime I had to troubleshoot any minor issue, I could resolve it within a matter of minutes by simply searching other areas of the site. Since the entire platform so seamlessly integrates one section to another, I.e contact information, billing, calendar events, etc... there is typically more than one way to solve any issue quickly. and if for some reason you cannot solve the issue on your own, MMS has an extensive FAQ list to guide you and incredibly responsive customer service team. I could go on as well about the cheap cost, personal customization options, and a plethora of other things but my main point is that if you own a music business, schedule reoccurring lessons on even a monthly basis you need to use this site period.

Nothing. Truly. I even expected a small learning curve and even that didn't happen as I was able to use this product efficiently from day one.

Renee
Business Owner & Educator in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Music Staff is like having a staff!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a good studio management tool. My parents don't take advantage of the features that are available to then, but, that's okay. Mine is a small studio.

The schedule is easy to set up and manage. Tracking attendance and sending lesson notes is straightforward and easy. Communicating with families is also easy. Invoicing is straightforward, but doesn't allow me to set up a percentage per student for the ach fees I have to charge for those students whose lessons are paid for under a state education program.

Bank fees for those students who pay online are easy. Other fees, especially those that are percentages of the invoice are not accommodated, subsequently, I literally have to manual create invoices for 85% of my students every month.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent tool

5,0 10 maanden geleden

My Music Staff provides a clear value for the money. The ease of scheduling and tracking income and expenses has made a huge difference in my productivity. More time is spent on teaching (and earning), far less on administration.

The single-day view on the calendar needs improvement. Currently, it divides lessons by location. This makes sense for a multi-teacher studio. However, for one teacher who is moving between locations, it's really confusing. Sometimes I just need to be able to look QUICKLY and see the day's lessons, not have to jog back and forth over three columns.

Deidre
Music Teacher in VS

Use for Private Lesson Business

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like the organization of it, and that I don't have to write anything down.

I don't like having difficulty clicking on one of my students' pieces, and it doesn't show my notes.

Valery
Muziek, 51-200 werknemers

Music staff is a game changer

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Easy to use, comfortable interface, impressive dashboard.

some parts need automation, and some aspects lack AI integration

Corey

Great Product

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great to us, wonderful help via a phone call.

Wonderful way to manage a thriving music studio.

It can be tricky to learn how to use all the features.

Anamarie
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

It's great once you get to know it

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For a relatively low cost, this software is helping me grow and define my business. The company was extremely responsive when the pandemic hit and new features were unveiled quickly. I am able to run my appointments just as easily from zoom as face to face using the software tools they provided. Overall, I would recommend this product as a great tool for a studio.

It makes scheduling and keeping track of payments a breeze. Everything is all in one place and generating reports is also simple. For the most part, it does more than I had expected/hoped.

For people who prefer having support via the phone, this is not a good option. There are many times that I wish I could just dial a number to get an answer. That being said, they respond quickly via email. There is also a learning curve with this software that might be a barrier to some.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Anamarie. Thank you for the lovely review. I do just want to point out that we do have phone support as well! You can reach our team toll-free at 1-888-732-6134 :)

Hollie
Owner in Canada

Love My Music Staff

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has saved hours of rescheduling students for make up lessons. Lesson and payroll are seamless. Attendance is easy to log. I can control what my families see on the student portal and what my teachers see in their login. It has saved me hours with invoicing, mass emailing, and has saved me a lot of stress and time with payment reminders. Overall I like all the multiple features that are offered with this program and how easy it is for me to use. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and will walk me through i overall. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and respond in a timely fashion. If I have problems with anything (which is very rare), they are always happy to help. I have highly recommended this program to other schools, and my teachers who have had experience with other systems really seem to like My Music Stuff as well.

I love how versatile this program is with policies.It has saved me a lot of time with emailing payment reminders, invoicing, and mass emailing. I love the student portal and calendar option. This summer we tried out a new policy that requires parents to use the calenda and it works great. My families love how easy it is to use and I love the hours it saves in rescheduling, emailing and phone calls.

When I am logging teachers availability into the calendar for the parents to see, it would be nice that lessons that are not scheduled would automatically show as “open”. This way parents can reschedule into those spots for make up lessons and it doesn’t take me so much time to manually put in open spots. With multiple teachers this can take a long time . I wish there was an option in the studio settings to allow to turn this feature on and off. So studios who do not want to use this calendar feature don’t have to use it.

Kate
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My assistant for my studio

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great! I can't attest to the customer service as I've never had to use it! But that says something, doesn't it?

I really like how this software program allows me to stay organized and gives me a very professional look with my clients. From invoices to curriculum to client information to the dreaded year end taxes, I am able to keep detailed information and have it right at my finger tips when needed. My personal studio has 40 students with 26 different families to account to and communicate with. I use My Music Staff to set up a structured personal invoice system for each family, keep track of all lessons (attended or unattended), list all curriculum items each student is working on plus all festival and competition participation and results, any loaned music books I've given each student, and keep detailed notes on how each student is progressing. My Music Staff allows me to keep all my expenses (music books, office supplies, mileage, etc) in an organized, detailed system so April is no longer a huge headache for me! I also keep my waiting list of families looking to get into lessons so I no longer have the problem of the lost email or phone number when I get an opening in my studio.There are more possibilities with the program (website link, clients being able to link in) that I have not pursued yet but am looking forward to in the future. I have had a lot of comments from my clients about how impressed they are with how organized my studio is. I appreciate that this program allows me to come across as the professional I aim to be and hope to be perceived in my community.

I get frustrated with some of the backtracking I have to do to personalize the calendar and the invoices. But, I don't see how that would be avoided as my studio is unique and each year is different. I do appreciate that I can personalize each student and each year.

Jenaye
Director/Owner in Australië
Uitvoerende kunsten, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic Program

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's fantastic. I love that there is never any bugs in the system. The fact that I can rely on it to perform the way intended is worth everything to me.

The flexibility and customization features stand out the most. Many businesses have slightly different approaches to the way they run their businesses and I have never found a circumstance where the needs of my businesses quirks were able to be implemented. It's very easy to use, understand and has always been exceptionally reliable. I rarely come across a bug in the system.

I don't really dislike anything but I also don't use the invoicing portion of the system as I don't invoice clients. I do direct debit.

Tina
Business Owner in VS
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Awesome!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Huge time saver!

For me, the best feature is the ease of scheduling lessons and ensembles. Summer is more complicated for me because family schedules are less regular. This program allows parents to check my schedule, find an open time that works for them and register for it - all with no e-mails back and forth with me! They can do this each week if they want and if something comes up and they need to reschedule, they can just do it without multiple emails. This is a huge time saver! I also really like the ease of entering payments at the lesson. I can handle this before the student leaves and put the check/cash in my wallet. Done! My old paper system seemed to take longer for me. Oh, and for scheduling ensembles, I can create an ensemble time and notify students in like 30 seconds! Then I just wait for them to register, or not. If not enough students register, I just cancel the ensemble and everyone is notified. This used to require a boatload of emails and texts. And one more thing, my summer used to be full of students forgetting to come to lessons because they don't come every Tuesday at 2pm. I was just not going to spend the time to send reminder emails to each student manually. Now, My Music Staff automatically sends a reminder email (or text) to the the student and/or parent the day before. So far, I have only had one student no show because they forgot. I don't have to feel guilty about charging for it, they were reminded.

I am getting used to the attendance pop-up. Most of my students are with me for a number of years and we always work on scales, etudes and technique pieces, and repertoire pieces. I have the books that I commonly use for scales, etudes and technique set up as Repertoire and then use the Notes to assign pages or specific pieces as well as for comments. This automatically copies to each lesson so this shows what I assigned and I can adjust it for the current lesson. I am not sure if this is developing a history or not for the student. I guess the biggest hurdle for me has been getting used to the process of recording the lesson while the student is there. Mostly, it is just adjusting from my custom paper lesson book to keying things on a screen. It would be extremely helpful to be able to see the end time of the lesson on this pop-up (currently just the start time shows) and also when I will see this student for their next lesson.

6 jaar geleden

Hi Tina, Thanks for leaving such a detailed review! A surprising amount of time can be taken up by students and parents reaching out about missed lessons or new schedules; I'm glad we could help with our automated schedule and student portal! When you record notes or assign repertoire, your students do have a history! Reach out to us at [email protected] to find out more.

Steve
Director in Canada
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Best Studio Assistant

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been excellent. The program is an essential part of my operation. When there is a problem, support staff are fast and friendly.

The calendar is my favourite feature, but it's more than that. It's how all the additional features work together with the calendar for efficiency and organization. Without My Music Staff, I would not be able to keep up with the number of students my school now has.

The only thing that comes to mind is how make-up lessons are recorded under teacher payroll when a substitute teacher is involved. The original teacher is given the income from a cancelled lesson instead of the substitute, but is corrected only if the substitute teacher gives a make-up lesson. The substitute should be the one being compensated regardless.

Cynthia
Ms in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Invaluable aid to any private music teacher

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I switched to MyMusicStaff two years ago after using another software for several years. I was reluctant to switch everything over, but the other app had become unreliable. So glad I did it! The monthly rate is VERY reasonable and the learning curve easily managed. I do get good help from support and they have helped me work out a few little things that I had hung up on.
I could not manage my studio of 29 private piano students without this app!

Hard to choose! I depend on so many facets of MyMusicStaff every day. Perhaps Scheduling is the best aspect, but Accounting is near the top. The calendar is super easy for ongoing daily lesson scheduling and is accessible to parents for canceling and rescheduling, with no attention from me required. I even schedule available make-up slots and parents make us of them. Accounting is a huge time-saver! Every detail is there and doesn't take much time to comprehend. Ongoing lesson rates, special rates for certain families, automatic or nonautomatic billing, make-up credits--they really know what a music teacher needs!

Not much of a minus, but I'd like a little more flexibility with attendance reports. But I have worked out a way to get what I need.

6 jaar geleden

Hey Cynthia! Thank you for trusting your business to My Music Staff. We're happy that you decided to make the switch. The flexibility you were hoping to add to the reporting had to do with knowing the number of lessons a student had in a given period. You can actually already do this by creating a "Lessons Taught" report from the "Studio Reports" menu.

Krista
Violin and Viola Instructor in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best business decision I've made for my studio!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm super grateful for this company! They have been upstanding, attentive, professional... and even apologized for raising their rate for the first time (ever maybe?) Even though it was just by a few bucks... and still isn't nearly as expensive as the competition - which, in my experience, is way less functional, way more expensive and no comparison with their customer service!

The ability this website has given me to track student payments and schedules has freed up my time formerly spent on a ridiculous number of admin duties so that now I can TEACH during that time! I can't say enough how much MyMusicStaff is 1000% worth it!!! It's a no-brainer! I appreciate that they keep their prices so low (have you looked at the competition?!!), but I would honestly be happy to pay more! The service they offer my studio is absolutely invaluable. And the customer service! They are so kind, friendly, and eternally patient, lol! I'm grateful!

I feel like these guys are constantly improving the site and responding to requests for even better features... no complaints here!

Jennifer
Voice Instructor / Performer in VS
Uitvoerende kunsten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

MMS is a Huge Time Saver!

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Scheduling is so much smoother, and placed in the hands of the students. That is huge! It saves so much time, allowing me to focus more on non-administrative aspects of teaching. The option to invoice students provides a professional (and far less awkward than "asking") means of reminding students when fees are due, how much, and for what services. The system has also influenced how I handle logistics of planning for master classes, recitals, workshops, etc. I use the MMS calendar to require registration for such activities which streamlines the process, presents a firm deadline, facilitates pre-payment, etc. These aspects were cumbersome and less organized when I tried to balance them through trails of emails. Now, it's simplified, efficient, and effective. Although I do still sometimes use email and social media platforms, MMS also provides a central location for announcements and important documents that can always be accessed by studio members. Grateful for MMS and all it has to offer!

The scheduling platform is fantastic. I used to send countless, lengthy, endlessly-threaded emails to schedule lessons for my large private voice studio. The MMS scheduling system has saved me so much time, reduced clutter in my email box, and put the responsibility of cancelling/re-scheduling lessons into the hand of my students. Any schedule adjustment made by a student prompts an immediate, automated notification to me, which keeps me informed without having to initiate and handle the scheduling issue myself. As my studio has continued to grow, the billing / accounting aspect of the software has been very helpful as well. It helps me keep better records of payment, especially when methods of payment range from checks to cash to paypal and credit card.

There is a glitch in the system with website page editing that I hope MMS is able to fix. Although I love the ease with which I am able to build the website through MMS, I am frustrated by the ongoing issues with editing. I also would love to see the Repertoire section open up to allow students to submit and organize their own repertoire on the MMS platform, rather than requiring the teacher to do it all.

Rachel
Owner and Instructor in Canada
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Invaluable resource for music teachers!

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been able to save time invoicing students automatically and I don't have to create each individual invoice. My students love the automatic reminders and it saves me time when students actually show up at the right time. I like how I can add information for each student and it keeps all the information in one space for me. I like that I can customize the registration form to ask the questions I want.

The best features are the automatic invoicing based on the calendar, the reminder texts and emails, the registration form and how I can put it on my website through Weebly, and the student management.

There is no way for two parents to each pay half of a bill for a student. I have worked around this by making a second "student" for the second parent to pay for. I also don't like how the invoices are specific enough and will just say "balance forward" instead of what the charge was. I wish I could customize the left sidebar to take out the features I don't use.

Program Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

MMS has been our savior

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MMS has been a life saver. We had actually contracted with another provider about a year before MMS. They promised a lot and had a good looking product/site, but the business management piece just wasn't working. We were never able to roll that out to our students or teachers and wasted a lot of time. MMS worked from day one. The import of student files was easy. Accounts were set up without any problems. As a nonprofit music school, we do things a little differently from a for profit business. We have been able to adapt the functionality of MMS to work with our system. The connection with PayPal was a tremendous benefit. We are now able to offer auto payment to our students. Scheduling is handled easily. We do not use MMS for payment of teachers, but MMS generates all the reports that we need to easily track lessons and pay our teachers quickly. MMS saves us about 4-5 hours per week in handling attendance vs. our previous methods. I can't say enough good things about it. We have 15 teachers using the software and they love it. This has made all of it easier. Scheduling, cancelling lessons, rescheduling lessons, attendance, communication--all of it is so much easier. Remote access from everywhere is great too. It works well from home, pc, tablet and iphone. This has transformed our music school and we are so pleased and look forward to implementing even more features as they become available

Easy to use, works well with multiple users, gives the students and families online access to their account, provides an auto-pay option, manages billing easily, great customer service - so much more I could add.

Wish the online registration widget could be a bit more attractive for new student registrants.

Jessica
Private Violin Teacher & Studio Owner in VS

A Game Changer for All Private Music Teachers

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MMS has made running my own private studio a breeze. Everything I need for my studio is in one place, and the automation eliminates my need to spend hours at the computer or have a secretary. I can't imagine having to manage my studio any other way.

I love the billing process with My Music Staff! Before using MMS, I spent hours creating and sending invoices and then I would have to chase down payments every month. Now it creates and sends the invoices automatically each month and parents pay me on time, because they receive reminders and it is so easy for them to push a button and pay online. I was so surprised in my first month with MMS when parents were sending me payments while I was out enjoying my time off with family - I completely forgot that invoices had gone out already, and I was able to sit back and let MMS do all the work.

The only improvements that could be made to MMS is in the website section. I love the design and look of MMS, and that is one of the reasons I chose to use it. It looks so much better and it is so much easier to use than some of their competitors like Music Teacher's Helper. I even love the designs of MMS's ads on facebook and instagram, and the designs of their new printables. While the design for MMS is the best I have seen, the website template designs are not good. The designs look outdated and the personalization features are no where near Wordpress, Squarespace, or other website design companies. This issue is not a big deal breaker for me, because so many of the other features on MMS are fantastic, however it is the only section of MMS that I don't use.

Debbie
Manager in Nieuw-Zeeland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My Music Staff from a Person who is not techie

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The problems solved by using My Music Staff include: 1. Streamlining the administrative processes of teaching music. 2. Automating lesson scheduling, billing, and invoicing. 3. Keeping track of student progress and attendance. 4. Reducing the time spent on administrative tasks. The benefits of using My Music Staff include: 1. Increased efficiency and productivity for music teachers. 2. Improved communication between teachers and their students. 3. Easier access to resources, such as music theory and practice materials. 4. Increased visibility into student progress and performance. 5. The ability to customize the system to meet individual teaching needs.

- My Music Staff allows users to manage their music teaching business from one convenient location. - It is easy to use and navigate, with an intuitive interface.- My Music Staff provides great customer support and they have a wide variety of features such as scheduling, invoicing, and communication tools.- It offers a comprehensive range of features and is constantly being updated with new features.

Some users have reported that the customer service can be slow to respond.- Reports can be difficult to generate.- There are some limitations when it comes to customizing the look and feel of the website.

Karen
Director in Nieuw-Zeeland
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Wouldn't run my music studio without MMS

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The service from MMS if I ever need to reach them is top notch. I also love their "how to" series for families and teachers that's there if needed. Couldn't run my studio without it.

Intelligent thinking has gone into this platfrom - invoicing + payment reminders, calandar managment, waitlist management, CRM for students and families, integrates with credit card payments if you want to do this, lending library (which you can set a date for return and that goes out with the reminder to the student/parent). Love the automation with emailing invoices - so easy!So well priced!

Future development wishlist possibility - would love to integrate with Rockoutloudlive for online lessons if possible and with MYOB.

Eugenie
Owner in Canada
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Best shift for my company!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Love the invoices section. I still feel the need to double check all the automatic invoices made before sending them out, but they allow me to get paid regularly with the correct amount whereas before, I relied on parents to remember to pay me and for what amount.

Before, I was planning everything through Google Calendar which was fine with a small studio. As I grew, I needed to juggle more students and this was a shift necessary to look more professional. I felt so organized once moving to MMS. I love there is a login system for the parents to use, whenever they do use it, which makes me seem professional. My most used features are student management, calendar, attendance, and invoicing.

A direct way for parents to register for specific events. I don't like needing to direct them to login, go to calendar, find the event, then click to register. Seems too much work for them and they'll never do it.