My Music Staff reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over My Music Staff

My Music Staff is de eenvoudig te gebruiken online app voor het beheren van je bedrijf voor muziekonderwijs. Geef meer les. Met minder stress.

Meer informatie over My Music Staff

475 reviews worden weergegeven

Matthew B.
Matthew B.
Owner / Music Director
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

"Couldn't run my music school without it"

Pluspunten: It is extremely simple and easy to use. I only use the Students, Family and Calendar portions of it, and it serves well beyond what I need it for. So easy to view schedule and filter and organize it based on location, teacher, student, etc. i LOVE , as do the parents, the 24-hour in advance automatic reminders auto-texted or e-mailed (your choice).

Minpunten: Besides a couple of very minor workflow impedances, it would be nice to integrate the calendar with an existing website, rather than only having the option to do so with the current website.

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019
Larisse K.
Music Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020

"Better than all the rest"

Opmerkingen: I don't know how I have survived without it! It is also constantly listening to user feedback to improve on their software.

Pluspunten: This has literally everything you need and it is customised for music teachers. Very easy to set up and a great website for free to create and use. I have tried virtually every comparable software out there in this similar price bracket and this is hands down the best. Features too many things to list: Scheduling, payments, expenses, website, student/teacher/parent portal, practice log, lesson notes, blog, bulk emailing, integration with zoom and more

Minpunten: not really any cons, It would be good to have a function to leave messages for students or students message the teacher and an alert is given that there is a message waiting.

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020
Irma J.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-10-2021

"My Music Staff review first year"

Opmerkingen: I definitely have been having a great experience with My Music Staff. Especially their actual staff members. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] recently and she did a phenomenal job at helping me fix my accounting issues and invoicing issues. She was very easy to talk to you she listened to my concerns and questions that I had and took time to teach me how to fix my accounting problems. I had several students accounts that had it inputs put in the wrong way for discounts etc. and she was able to quickly spot what the problems were as well as allow me the time to fix them and explain why not to do what I did before and how to properly and put the information I need to moving forward and why. I told her I think it would be nice if My Music Staff will give her a bonus to make videos on how to create invoices and teaching users how to utilize accounting and how all of the features work together to help balance out the accounting page and create invoices all of the ends and outs! She would be great at that as well!

Pluspunten: It’s really kind of hard to pinpoint what specifically I like because there’s a lot of features that I do like such as being able to schedule, pull reports, upload videos for our students, upload link sent of the learning material for our students, payroll etc

Minpunten: I don’t like that I’m not able to use PayPal and stripe at the same time to except payments. I do have parents who like to pay through PayPal as well but I have to utilize a different source to receive those payments because only stripe or PayPal can be used one at a time. I wish that it was also a lot easier to understand how to utilize the invoice an account features. I have gotten pretty confused and had to call in and ask questions several times in order to really get the hang of it. It can be a bit confusing without that additional coaching to understand how to bill clients. I’ve had moments where my numbers were off because I gave an additional discount or I build them incorrectly and didn’t understand how I did it or why.

van Port 443 op 6-10-2021

Hi Irma, thanks for a great review! We actually do have a number of tutorial videos already, including ones that go over various parts of invoicing. We also have a Getting Started Guide on our website that goes over how all of the features work together :)

• Beoordeeld op 1-10-2021
Laurice V.
Managing Director
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

"Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been good. Customer Service is quite quick once you get matched with a member. The Support centre and Pinterest links and How-To's are done very well. Not the mention the lovely additional bits like Social Media Calendar and worksheets for the kids is so lovely! And helpful!
I really like using it every day personally and so do my Staff. But my students, not so much. It's only easy to use when you are using it for a couple hours a day like me, otherwise its a total mind field

Pluspunten: I like the amount of customisation. The calendar Sync. The website functionality and the Families & Invoicing section.

Minpunten: It is not user friendly for the public. It is far too complicated for my business. For example if someone wants to sign up for a course they have to go through Student Portals. Log In. Emails. Setting it up. Saving it to the Homepage. Then they cant pay immediately they have to wait for an invoice and then log in again and finally enter their bank details. I am im discussions of discontinuing with this software. While it has great benefits for Admin it really is too complicated for the public and inviting new customers in. Therefore it is not for us in the long term.

• Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021
Nicole Q.
CEO and Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 9-9-2021

"Communication and Organisation"

Opmerkingen: This software definitely has 'bang for buck'. All of the things teachers are able to do through this platform certainly impress me. I started teaching 40 years ago and everything was done in hardcopy by hand. Wow, what a difference. What has impressed me the most, and continues to impress me, is your customer support. My questions are answered quickly and always with courtesy too. I feel like I am dealing with real people who care about my ability to use their product with as much ease as possible. It is an absolute pleasure doing business with you.

Pluspunten: There are quite a few things I like about MMS. The first is communication with my students. Being able to create lesson notes each week, schedule lessons on the calendar and do invoicing through the platform helps me to keep things organised. I also I like that it allows me to invoice my students and keep track of their payments easily. The library is very helpful. Now I don't lose things I loan out anymore and students (I believe) are notified when they have something that need to be returned.

Minpunten: I am not very happy with my website and wish there was more support on how to do this well. Being a sole proprietor I cannot afford to hire someone to do this and it isn't very intuitive (although better than many others I looked at, especially when you consider what you get with the package). More videos that give direction, suggest and examples of this would be helpful. Maybe reach out to some of the teacher who have created exception sites and ask them to share their secrets. We're teachers, we can't help ourselves. : ) It is a little thing, however; buttons for social media (like Facebook, Instagram Linkedin, etc) would be really nice on the site as well.

• Beoordeeld op 9-9-2021
Caitlin S.
Studio Owner and Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 25-3-2021

"The Best Software on the Market"

Opmerkingen: Excellent. I recommend them to all my friends who are also music teachers.

Pluspunten: Honestly, there are too many to list. Here are a few: the automation features in invoicing and scheduling save me hours of work, I love that I can have multiple teachers on a single account, I love the student portal and practice log feature.

Minpunten: Any time I’ve felt that something could be improved upon I’ve written to the company and they’ve been very helpful every time.

• Beoordeeld op 25-3-2021
Piano Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

"A Must-Have"

Opmerkingen: Overall, MMS has made organization, scheduling, and communication with studio families easier!

Pluspunten: This is an all-in-one platform for running your music studio! Before finding My Music Staff, I was using 3 different spreadsheets, 2 paper notebooks, a phone to-do list, and a paper planner to run my business. MMS consolidated this down to one affordable program that is customized to the needs of a music teacher. I love it!

Minpunten: I do occasionally encounter technological issues, or notice that there is a task I would like to achieve that I do not know how to accomplish. When this happens, the answer is not always intuitive. (For perspective, I am of the millennial generation, and consider myself technologically savvy enough to independently learn most computer programs oriented for the workplace).

• Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021
Benjamin M.
Executive Director
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2021

"Perfect"

Opmerkingen: It helps me organize and keep track of all our data, works in real time, I'm often updating schedules and payments, and the program responds well.

Pluspunten: This software predicts what I might need and I'm able to utilize more functions compared to previous programs our company has subscribed to.

Minpunten: I don't have any problems.. maybe not charging to add more teachers.. I am constantly trying to find staff and people come and go

• Beoordeeld op 27-4-2021
Mary H.
Piano teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2021

"My first 10 months with My Music Staff."

Opmerkingen: Very happy to be on board. I was a member of Music Teachers Helper for more than 10 years but latterly I found that it became a little over complicated for me to follow.

Pluspunten: The software was well explained and it was easy to try the basics out from the beginning. It is best to explore a little at a time initially, and gradually knowledge of optimising your system will build up, organising timetable/billing/etc concerts and parents are welcome. It is clear that help is easily at hand if you need assistance with questions.

Minpunten: I have run a website before and I was looking forward to doing it again with MMS. I’m still learning how to use all things available on MMS……and I have had some snags setting up parental access ..however I haven’t tried out all the ‘help’ yet.
I have learnt to love the ‘video music”.. just

• Beoordeeld op 29-6-2021
Diana Y.
Flute teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2021

"A must have for private music lessons teachers"

Opmerkingen: Great experience. Would totally recommend. Worth every penny. Helps keep my stupid more professional and running smoothly.

Pluspunten: My music staff has made my life so much easier. Now I can definitely say that my studio is 100% organized thanks to my music staff. I can easily track attendance and payments in it. And I can write lessons notes and attachments to each lesson, and then the student can go into their student portal and easily view the assignments and notes for each particular lesson. I also love that I can email these notes to parents right away.
It’s also great that I can email parents through my music staff so that I can have all the emails I ever sent them in one place.
It’s really helpful that MMS predicts my monthly income, easy to track payments, and automatic invoicing is a great feature.
I would 100% recommend it. Even though I don’t have a very big studio I found it was totally worth it to pay the $12 for this product even for my small studio as it helps me be so much more organized and professional.

Minpunten: Some features are not intuitive, like certain features I had to really think about how to use. But the customer support is very responsive, if one struggles with any features.

• Beoordeeld op 23-7-2021
Anamarie S.
  • Beoordeeld op 22-5-2020

"It's great once you get to know it"

Opmerkingen: For a relatively low cost, this software is helping me grow and define my business. The company was extremely responsive when the pandemic hit and new features were unveiled quickly. I am able to run my appointments just as easily from zoom as face to face using the software tools they provided. Overall, I would recommend this product as a great tool for a studio.

Pluspunten: It makes scheduling and keeping track of payments a breeze. Everything is all in one place and generating reports is also simple. For the most part, it does more than I had expected/hoped.

Minpunten: For people who prefer having support via the phone, this is not a good option. There are many times that I wish I could just dial a number to get an answer. That being said, they respond quickly via email. There is also a learning curve with this software that might be a barrier to some.

van Port 443 op 27-5-2020

Hi Anamarie. Thank you for the lovely review. I do just want to point out that we do have phone support as well! You can reach our team toll-free at 1-888-732-6134 :)

• Beoordeeld op 22-5-2020
Kristin W.
Private piano instructor
  • Beoordeeld op 22-4-2020

"2 months in- loving it!"

Opmerkingen: The customer service is exceptional. It's really like having a 'staff.' Responses are prompt and answer the question asked, usually along with additional suggestions. The staff checks in about once a month to see if you need help with anything. They are great at anticipating what you might need. For example, during the Corona shutdown they were quick to get online teaching platforms integrated with their scheduling program. They went above and beyond by offering tutorials about getting started teaching online for those of us who had never done it before.

Pluspunten: I have been using My Music Staff for a couple of months now. My favorite feature is the auto billing from the calendar. Students can change times or cancel lessons themselves which eliminates a lot of the administrative work. I love that I can email students or parents or both seamlessly. I use the online resources feature to upload audio or video customized for each student. It's easy to email notes to parents or students and also maintain private notes for myself. I also like that there is an easy check box for when students pay at the lesson. Just check the box, no need to enter a payment. I like the setting that a cancelled lesson automatically creates an open 'makeup' spot in my schedule that ask students can see and claim.

Minpunten: I offer tiered pricing for families. So the first student in a family is full priced, the 2nd is discounted, and the 3rd is more discounted than the 2nd. There isn't a good way to do that on this site. I can assign different prices per student, but if the 'first' child in the family cancels, but child 2 and 3 still do lessons, I have to manually adjust the price. I also don't like that the invoicing shows a balance owed all month long, although it does adjust as needed. For example, my students pay at the end of the month. But on the first of the month, it shows that they owe for the full month. They won't get an invoice until the end of the month, But if they (or I) check their account before then, I would prefer to see a current balance for lessons taken, not lessons taken and scheduled.

• Beoordeeld op 22-4-2020
Julia P.
Director/Instructor
  • Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

"A great All-In-One Business Manager and Scheduler"

Opmerkingen: The scheduling alone and automated charges and billing are amazing - so much easier to keep track of everything. I'm also loving the additional features and ease of communication to students and parents from one place.
The improvements they've made over the past 2 years (most especially becoming more friendly to syncing to Google Calendar) have been unobtrusive and are generally making the software easier to use - and all at a reasonable cost!

Pluspunten: First of all, the price is fantastic for a small business - you pay per teacher you're managing and the base subscription price is outstanding! Any equivalent scheduling software charges as though you are a large company and was many times the price for just me and my partner! The scheduling interface is easy and pretty intuitive, and I love that I can opt to allow people to change their own times (but only to a time that I've already set aside for teaching). I continue to have control over the times and days that I teach, and I have to deal with fewer make up lesson headaches! I've only started using some of the other functions this school year (file sharing, practice tracking, sending notes to parents/students, etc) so only a few months, but so far it's working really well and I love being able to contact the parents with concerns or suggestions when the child is not present.

Minpunten: 1. Most of my students pay on an automated monthly tuition model, and I would love to be able to set the month beginning/end dates for something other than the 1st. (mid month starts, 2nd pay period, etc)
2. While it is great to be able to message parents with notes, notifications of uploads, etc, it would be great if there were a way to group all those messages together instead of spamming them the day after the lesson.
3. Sometimes changes I make from my mobile device don't save properly (attendance is bad for this)

• Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019
Isaac J.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

"An extremely high value product"

Opmerkingen: My Music Staff has become indispensible and almost makes life a breeze. Accounts, invoicing and lesson management, notes and plenty more are brilliant. If they can upgrade some and smooth a couple of other areas I'd gladly pay more.

Pluspunten: After trying a number of other systems which felt like a real pain, I must say I can't find a system anywhere near as good for even double the price. There's a learning curve but it's really nothing like many others out there. TOP PROS:
- Invoice for a period for all students in one hit and then email in one more.
- Calendar view is powerful: attendance, great filtering by student/teacher/and many more
- Setting up lessons is a breeze with conflicts detected automatically (although I wish it picked it up conflicts before pressing save, saving me a click-and-loading cycle)
- Love the ability to clone days, run indefinite recurring group lessons with blocked out dates
- Account management is brilliant too with a running list of billables and balance at any particular date
- SMS support mostly great
- Notifiations to clients are great

Minpunten: SMS INTEGRATION IS PATCHY
- Fantastic for e.g. deleting a day. Except to send SMS messages needs to be activated in each profile manually which is slow - can't be turned on by default either
- If the student doesn't have SMS turned on they don't get sent
- Deleting lessons obscures the account: there is no longer record of that lesson even if it was previously included on an upfront invoice.
- Marking a teacher absent is ideal EXCEPT there is no option to SMS all students without activating the feature in each individual profile first.
NO SECOND FORM
Other than the signup form - you need another service to handle this
LEAD MANAGEMENT
- No real (even simple) LMS, need another system. hello double handling data
- Can classify as "lead" but then they can't book an open lesson. They need to be "Active" to do that, which is confusing because then they're "current students" which they aren't. It would be nice if leads could be added to lessons, then be automatically converted (semi-workaround via Student view sorting)
INVOICES
- need more templates & automation for outstanding, reminder before due, overdue, overdue 7/14 days
- XERO integration please!
NO STOCK MANAGEMENT
- No stocking books to smooth the process. To sell, a manual entry for every book sold is required. No prefill or stock
- I've stopped selling books because of this
ATTENDANCE
- For group lessons needs optimising too many features has bloated the process & created too many loading panes

van Port 443 op 15-11-2018

Hey Isaac! So glad to hear you've been enjoying My Music Staff.

We've recently added the "¿Trial Student¿ status. A trialing student is functionally the same as an Active student but provides a way to segment your student list so you can easily identify which students haven¿t yet committed to lessons for the long term. You'll want to use this status rather than "Lead". This will allow you to schedule the students on the calendar.

Parents and students do need to opt-in to receive SMS messages. This is to help studios comply with SMS marketing laws. This is why it's not enabled by default. We do agree that after receiving permission, you should be able to enable the feature in bulk so we've added this item to our to-do list.

Thanks again for the great review!

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Kandice I.
Kandice I.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018

"My Music Staff - I couldn't have done it without you!"

Opmerkingen: My Music Staff has changed my home studio into a professional, online, organised, updated Music Academy! Not only has it totally managed my scheduling and scheduling for my teachers but it tracks expenses and income for tax purposes with official Tax Credit receipts that I can send from my phone! It made tax time a breeze!
This software let's me seamlessly invoice books and lessons, while keeping track of missed payments with auto-invoicing and also generating professional receipts with a thank you.
Parents and older students are able to cancel and reschedule lessons at their leisure (according to my policies) and re-book a time that is more convenient for them - resulting in almost no empty spots and more money in my pocket! They can also see their lesson notes and record their practice time to hold them accountable and for me to be able to peak at as well! This has resulted in more practice = better results= happier students = happier parents = referrals = home studio to Music Academy = (more $ !!!)
One of my favourite features of My Music Staff is being able to upload recordings of my students for the parents and families to enjoy. No more time consuming CD's that no one can play anymore anyway. Now, they just download and have it right on their phone or PC (see "happier students = happier parents...etc.)
Thank you My Music Staff for helping me to grow my business by being so organised and so very, very productive in the background! I couldn't have done it without you!

Pluspunten: How can I possibly choose just one thing? Before My Music Staff, keeping track of missed lessons was next to impossible. I had separate notebooks and online files and word docs for attendance, lesson notes, expenses, payments for books and payments for lessons - now it's all together - neat and tidy, organised and at my fingertips (and my teachers') at the studio, at home and on the go! And that's just the beginning...

Minpunten: I do wish My Music Staff was setup to take Electronic Funds Transfers in Canada - as that is a new form of payment I am implementing in my school. I also would like to be able to add my business logo as a header for emails with an automatic signature. I realise I can use placeholders to do this job but it is a little laborious when you're in a rush.

Susan E.
Susan E.
Piano Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018

"I couldn't teach so many students without My Music Staff"

Opmerkingen: As I wrote above, all the administration and accounting is taken care of, leaving me time to teach more students and more hours. I also appreciate the responsive staff, who have always taken care of any wrinkles in the system or any of the problems I might be having within a very short space of time.

Pluspunten: It covers every single part of running a successful teaching practice. It takes care of my scheduling, it streamlines weekly practice assignments, it has a practice log for students, it lists repertoire completed and ongoing with performance dates, it keeps my accounting in order, it makes my income tax return easy, it gives out student tax receipts, it lists student names and addresses so families can contact each other if they need to exchange lessons, it handles lesson cancellation and make-up lesson registration without my having to be involved, it makes emailing notices a piece of cake, and......... I could go on and on. It even has features that I hadn't thought of to make my life as a piano teacher easier and also better organized. Unlike any other online service I've ever used, whenever there's a question or problem, the support staff answer and solve it within 2 or 3 days. They have even redesigned parts of the program when I've raised a problem. The staff at My Music Staff are dedicated to providing us with the best program possible, and review and update features on an ongoing basis. Without My Music Staff, I couldn't possible have taken on the high number of hours of teaching I now enjoy. Time spent on administration is now minimal, and I can spend my time doing what I really love - teaching!

Minpunten: Very small little things that I haven't even bothered to message in. One is that the assignment notes are linked to the name of the event, so when for example Lucy comes for an extra lesson, which is ID'd as an extra lesson, the practice notes will transfer from Lucy's last extra lesson, not from her last regular lesson. Similar thing happens when the student comes for a make up lesson - the notes that come up are from their last make up lesson, which might have been six months ago. I have to go in to the last regular lesson, copy, then back to the make up lesson and paste. Then do the same thing again to transfer the notes from the make up lesson to the NEXT regular lesson. The second thing that comes to mind is that students cannot enter their repertoire themselves, unless it's already on the studio list of repertoire. But I can see that it's probably been changed this way to rule out mistakes the student might make (spelling, opus number, length of piece etc.) I can't think of anything else. Oh yes - I don't really like having to go to Facebook if I have a question. I preferred getting an answer from the support staff, rather than multiple suggestions as to how I might.......... from other users.

van Port 443 op 18-9-2018

Hey Susan! Thanks for the great review. Right now, you have "Find past lesson notes for events in the same Event Category only" enabled. Here's how to change that:

1. Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "My Preferences".
2. From the "Personal" tab, scroll to the very bottom.
3. Uncheck "Find past lesson notes for events in the same Event Category only".
4. Click "Save".

Now, the lesson notes will copy forward from their last lesson regardless of the event category :)

Kate J.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018

"My assistant for my studio"

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great! I can't attest to the customer service as I've never had to use it! But that says something, doesn't it?

Pluspunten: I really like how this software program allows me to stay organized and gives me a very professional look with my clients. From invoices to curriculum to client information to the dreaded year end taxes, I am able to keep detailed information and have it right at my finger tips when needed. My personal studio has 40 students with 26 different families to account to and communicate with. I use My Music Staff to set up a structured personal invoice system for each family, keep track of all lessons (attended or unattended), list all curriculum items each student is working on plus all festival and competition participation and results, any loaned music books I've given each student, and keep detailed notes on how each student is progressing.
My Music Staff allows me to keep all my expenses (music books, office supplies, mileage, etc) in an organized, detailed system so April is no longer a huge headache for me! I also keep my waiting list of families looking to get into lessons so I no longer have the problem of the lost email or phone number when I get an opening in my studio.There are more possibilities with the program (website link, clients being able to link in) that I have not pursued yet but am looking forward to in the future. I have had a lot of comments from my clients about how impressed they are with how organized my studio is. I appreciate that this program allows me to come across as the professional I aim to be and hope to be perceived in my community.

Minpunten: I get frustrated with some of the backtracking I have to do to personalize the calendar and the invoices.
But, I don't see how that would be avoided as my studio is unique and each year is different. I do appreciate that I can personalize each student and each year.

Sheila H.
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018

"Finally - Simplified Billing!"

Opmerkingen: The tech support was great when I was trying to work with my service provider to get my own domain working with MyMusicStaff. When designing my own website with their template, they were also responsive and helpful with complex formatting on some of the pages.

Pluspunten: I like that I don't have to have my home website named something strange like "teacher's helper"--instead I can have my own domain name and a super easy to use website creator (and nice templates to choose from). The "portal" for parents is automatically added to the website. This way, I can use my own domain name in marketing materials.
I have been in business for 20 years and grew exhausted checking out different software packages, none of which were specifically for the music teaching business.
As for functionality, I like the bulk attendance.

Minpunten: Most of it is great. Would like to see continued addition of reports, or the ability to select more options for report content. More uploads--for example, when I put together my schedule for a new semester, it's time consuming to add each lesson in one by one. Being able to type everything in on a spreadsheet and upload it would be great. I find it confusing the way the lesson rates and duration and categories work together. Perhaps this could be simplified somehow--I have to remember which screens to go in to change the students time and category. It gets more confusing when you have siblings at different rates, or when you are discounting lessons for other reasons.

van Port 443 op 14-9-2018

Hey Sheila! Thanks for taking the time to provide just fantastic feedback :)

Our development is community driven. We depend on the awesome suggestions and feedback that we receive from our members. If there's something more you'd like to see in the reporting, let us know!

You can always send your feedback and suggestions to [email protected]

Robyn M.
Owner/Sole Proprietor
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Love it!"

Opmerkingen: Love it, for the most part. Staff has always been very responsive with questions and issues.

Pluspunten: For years I kept track of scheduling on one sheet of paper from a weekly calender that I photo-copied and kept in a binder. Used a pencil so I could easily make changes. Attendance and income/expenses separate book. While it does take a little time to enter things manually, everything is streamlined and simpler than other software I have tried. I have looked at a few systems for teachers and this beats them all. I love that I can also send out group emails and save the templates for future use. Expenses and income can be set to repeat and this makes tax time a whole lot easier. Also keeps track of mileage if you travel to student homes—-I also set that to repeat back when I was a traveling teacher. One year I was audited and the auditor was very impressed with the way I kept track of miles and everything else with this software. I gave her printed reports (with receipts). Once she saw I had a good tracking system and accounting software, she glanced at it and sent me on my way with a pat on the back for good record-keeping. That, alone, makes this software worth every penny. I also make use of the free webpage and the “New Student Request” button. I set up a separate email account just for MMS so I know when I see an email it is either a new student request OR from an existing student. I am a solo teacher and don’t use all the features—just what I need. You can set this up to use as much or as little as you want.

Minpunten: Webpage templates are pretty limited. More options would be fabulous! Text operations seem to be somewhat limited and quirky within the software on my iPad Pro. I rarely use a computer these days so a little more functionality there would be terrific. Line spacing and text options seem to be very limited within the templates and I have been very frustrated with the limitations. I make it work, but more in this area would be better.

Hollie G.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018

"Love My Music Staff"

Opmerkingen: It has saved hours of rescheduling students for make up lessons. Lesson and payroll are seamless. Attendance is easy to log. I can control what my families see on the student portal and what my teachers see in their login. It has saved me hours with invoicing, mass emailing, and has saved me a lot of stress and time with payment reminders. Overall I like all the multiple features that are offered with this program and how easy it is for me to use. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and will walk me through i overall. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and respond in a timely fashion. If I have problems with anything (which is very rare), they are always happy to help. I have highly recommended this program to other schools, and my teachers who have had experience with other systems really seem to like My Music Stuff as well.

Pluspunten: I love how versatile this program is with policies.It has saved me a lot of time with emailing payment reminders, invoicing, and mass emailing. I love the student portal and calendar option. This summer we tried out a new policy that requires parents to use the calenda and it works great. My families love how easy it is to use and I love the hours it saves in rescheduling, emailing and phone calls.

Minpunten: When I am logging teachers availability into the calendar for the parents to see, it would be nice that lessons that are not scheduled would automatically show as “open”. This way parents can reschedule into those spots for make up lessons and it doesn’t take me so much time to manually put in open spots. With multiple teachers this can take a long time . I wish there was an option in the studio settings to allow to turn this feature on and off. So studios who do not want to use this calendar feature don’t have to use it.

• Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018
Kristina L.
Managing Director
  • Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018

"Invaluable to my business and teaching"

Pluspunten: I have used My Music Staff for several years (four, I think). Implementing this software has revolutionized my work flow in big ways. I can manage multiple calendars, create invoices, and receive payments in simple steps. I have used two other studio management softwares and by far, I love the ease of My Music Staff the best. The developing team at My Music Staff has done a great job of making this software intuitive to the user experience and thinking through what the most important and valuable aspects for an independent teacher or a teaching studio with multiple teachers are. Every year, I have expanded the way I use the software as there are numerous features I could not implement right away. This past year, we have used the make-up credit feature to allow students to cancel their lessons to receive credit and use the credit to schedule make-up lessons when they see openings created by other cancellations. While my studio does not have a make-up policy on our official policy (no make-up lessons, period), allowing this to happen (without teacher putting effort towards it) has created added value to our offering and a more gracious atmosphere. I have contacted My Music Staff on many occasions with questions and their responses always have been super quick and competent (like they actually heard my question and answered them in the way that was helpful to me). I highly recommend it!

Minpunten: There are a few more advanced features I would love, such as allowing different policies for different kinds of events. But this is a very minor issue that I don't feel I'm entitle to for the money I pay to use this software.

• Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
Tina M.
Business Owner
Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2018

"Awesome!"

Opmerkingen: Huge time saver!

Pluspunten: For me, the best feature is the ease of scheduling lessons and ensembles. Summer is more complicated for me because family schedules are less regular. This program allows parents to check my schedule, find an open time that works for them and register for it - all with no e-mails back and forth with me! They can do this each week if they want and if something comes up and they need to reschedule, they can just do it without multiple emails. This is a huge time saver! I also really like the ease of entering payments at the lesson. I can handle this before the student leaves and put the check/cash in my wallet. Done! My old paper system seemed to take longer for me. Oh, and for scheduling ensembles, I can create an ensemble time and notify students in like 30 seconds! Then I just wait for them to register, or not. If not enough students register, I just cancel the ensemble and everyone is notified. This used to require a boatload of emails and texts. And one more thing, my summer used to be full of students forgetting to come to lessons because they don't come every Tuesday at 2pm. I was just not going to spend the time to send reminder emails to each student manually. Now, My Music Staff automatically sends a reminder email (or text) to the the student and/or parent the day before. So far, I have only had one student no show because they forgot. I don't have to feel guilty about charging for it, they were reminded.

Minpunten: I am getting used to the attendance pop-up. Most of my students are with me for a number of years and we always work on scales, etudes and technique pieces, and repertoire pieces. I have the books that I commonly use for scales, etudes and technique set up as Repertoire and then use the Notes to assign pages or specific pieces as well as for comments. This automatically copies to each lesson so this shows what I assigned and I can adjust it for the current lesson. I am not sure if this is developing a history or not for the student. I guess the biggest hurdle for me has been getting used to the process of recording the lesson while the student is there. Mostly, it is just adjusting from my custom paper lesson book to keying things on a screen. It would be extremely helpful to be able to see the end time of the lesson on this pop-up (currently just the start time shows) and also when I will see this student for their next lesson.

van Port 443 op 18-9-2018

Hi Tina,

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review! A surprising amount of time can be taken up by students and parents reaching out about missed lessons or new schedules; I'm glad we could help with our automated schedule and student portal!

When you record notes or assign repertoire, your students do have a history! Reach out to us at [email protected] to find out more.

• Beoordeeld op 22-6-2018
Cally L.
Private Clarinet Instructor & Freelance Clarinetist
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018

"You Need This in Your Life!"

Opmerkingen: Customer support is very helpful!

Pluspunten: I don't generate invoices until I have my schedule set. Once I have my schedule for the month/semester/etc figured out, I create invoices and send them to parents. I love that this program makes it easy to create and send invoices based on the schedule. What used to take me HOURS now takes minutes. I also like how it tracks payments, adjustments, etc in the program so that even parents can see. No more angry parents claiming they paid when they simply forgot; they can see everything. My studio size doubled because I am so much more organized with everything. I also love that students can see notes that I've taken, assignments, download music, etc. I also send out mass messages for my upcoming concerts which is posted on the group studio page. ALSO I love that it automatically sends reminder texts and emails. I rarely have students forget to come to their lessons anymore (and when they do, I just remind them of my cancellation policy, so I never lose any dollars). I love this program. Just amazing. I will never use anything else.

Minpunten: I wish there was an phone app that would allow me to work offline. I frequently work in practice rooms that block out cell phone signal, so I can't load students' notes when I teach. Also, It took forever to figure out how to navigate through the site at first. Lastly, I wish I could figure out how to automatically send my students their lesson schedule for the month (not essential since it is listed in the invoice, but I would like to have the kids get a list of lesson times in the email).

Rebekah K.
Voice Teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 24-3-2020

"Fantastic service! Efficient customer service!"

Opmerkingen: MMS software is laid out in an organised manner, so it is very easy to use. But customer service are always at hand to answer your questions. They send very clear instructions and a lot of effort is put into making sure it is easy to understand. It is a very worth while investment.

Pluspunten: MMS software is laid out in an organised manner, so it is very easy to use. I use it for invoicing families (using the automatic invoicing option) and scheduling lessons and find it very useful tool for both. I record lesson notes from each students lesson and upload resources to the online resources section. Which is a one stop shop for all your students to access sheet music, backing tracks and anything else you want them to have access to. You can input non teaching days and events like student gigs into the calendar section for you and your students to see (you can make events private too if you dont want students to see). The newest feature allows students to access online lessons from their home screen or calendar. This makes is more streamlined for studnets and means everything is in one place. Fantastic feature!

Minpunten: I would love if there was an option for families to choose email settings. Like whether or not they want receipts emailed, or if the want event reminders etc. It would also be great if you could have an option to attach receipt to the lesson notes when emailing, to reduce the amount of emails they are receiving.

• Beoordeeld op 24-3-2020
Cynthia M.
Ms
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2018

"Invaluable aid to any private music teacher"

Opmerkingen: I switched to MyMusicStaff two years ago after using another software for several years. I was reluctant to switch everything over, but the other app had become unreliable. So glad I did it! The monthly rate is VERY reasonable and the learning curve easily managed. I do get good help from support and they have helped me work out a few little things that I had hung up on.
I could not manage my studio of 29 private piano students without this app!

Pluspunten: Hard to choose! I depend on so many facets of MyMusicStaff every day. Perhaps Scheduling is the best aspect, but Accounting is near the top. The calendar is super easy for ongoing daily lesson scheduling and is accessible to parents for canceling and rescheduling, with no attention from me required. I even schedule available make-up slots and parents make us of them.
Accounting is a huge time-saver! Every detail is there and doesn't take much time to comprehend. Ongoing lesson rates, special rates for certain families, automatic or nonautomatic billing, make-up credits--they really know what a music teacher needs!

Minpunten: Not much of a minus, but I'd like a little more flexibility with attendance reports. But I have worked out a way to get what I need.

van Port 443 op 12-12-2018

Hey Cynthia!

Thank you for trusting your business to My Music Staff. We're happy that you decided to make the switch.

The flexibility you were hoping to add to the reporting had to do with knowing the number of lessons a student had in a given period. You can actually already do this by creating a "Lessons Taught" report from the "Studio Reports" menu.

• Beoordeeld op 7-12-2018