Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Kalo

Kalo is a freelance management system for streamlining working with freelancers trusted by industry leading companies.

Meer informatie over Kalo

26 reviews worden weergegeven

Monchette G.
Growth Manager - Lifecycle
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-9-2018

"Saves me hours of work each week"

Opmerkingen: I appreciate that a lot of my administrative work has been streamlined and centralized, so I no longer have to worry about a missed email or a missing article. Really great tool for managing my editorial team.

Pluspunten: I manage a team of freelance writers for my organization, and Kalo makes it incredibly easy to issue assignments, track progress, create invoices, and make payments.

Minpunten: I wish there was a workflow specific to the editorial pitching process. I have a workaround that is still better than my old system, but having a way for writers to submit pitches and assign a task when a pitch is accepted would be clutch.

Bobby N.
Creative Manager
Internet, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2018

"Kalo is an incredibly powerful product, I couldn't manage our creative team without it."

Opmerkingen: Freelancers all in one place, allowed us to escape spreadsheets! Onboarding time of freelancers was reduced from weeks to literally now the same day. Perhaps the biggest benefit was just having a searchable index of freelancers that we could sort by location, skill and day rate.

Pluspunten: User experience. It's easy to use, importing freelancers took minutes, and our freelancers themselves raved about the experience once they were invited to the platform. I think most importantly it actually works. We tried a number of other platforms that looked similar to Kalo but their search function didn't work, sign up was unreliable and the integrations that competitors promised didn't actually exist so we lost 6 months on a project before we found Kalo. We found Kalo to be the only freelancer managment system on the market that actually has integrations with our existing systems, probably due to the fact they have been around for longer and their platform is more fully featured. For us having everything freelancer in one place and the fact it integrates with Docusign, Slack and our existing Payroll system was imperative. Although not software, having a customer support team for our teams on the West Coast and in the UK is great. It was really important that our team members could talk to someone real on the same timezone.

Minpunten: Their tax form collection module is new and so a little buggy but once we complained about it, it was fixed in minutes.

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2018
Tiffany B.
Director Of Operations
Online media, 51-200 werknemers
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020

"Buyer beware"

Opmerkingen: The first year or so with Kalo went fairly well. Our 1099 data wasn't perfect the first time around (which I blamed on switching payers mid-year), and payments went off without too many hitches. But we continually ran into small issues - a payment wasn't issued when it said it was, payments were applied to newer invoices (vs. older ones in the queue, the data was often messy (despite attempts to standardize), etc. We were willing deal with these issues as the pricing was strong and we didn't feel like there was a reasonable competitor. But then they forced an entirely new pricing structure on us with a week's notice, so we were forced to sign-up for a plan that cost 3-4x as much. We ended up switching to another competitor for better reporting and access to our data, and once we gave our notice, they pretty much cut off all support and service. It was a really disappointing farewell and they refused to provide reasonable reports to off-board our freelancers and payment data.

Pluspunten: Visually appealing; fairly user friendly

Minpunten: Lack of reporting - especially for payments
Rigidity of payments - couldn't process one-off payments or as desired
Access to data - if you wanted a report pulled, you had to pay for a "custom" report - even if it was a simple freelancer data
Unreliability of data - before AB5 went into effect, we tried to report on CA freelancers - it was more accurate to review each freelancer manually than rely on the report provided; even the search feature wasn't reliable - freelancers who clearly had CA addresses wouldn't show up the search

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020
Production Manager, The Brandshop
Mediaproductie, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Kalo Review"

Opmerkingen: I think it's improved a lot since the app first came out. Besides the glitches that still occur, it seems to be pretty efficient at least for the company side. However, I think it'd be helpful to somehow be more transparent with onboarding for the freelancers--as that's when the most questions come in (if they set up their account right, where the banking info is located, etc.)

Pluspunten: I like how easy it is to search on the platform, and the design of the interface is approachable.

Minpunten: • I think the older interface was a little more straightforward for users but I can definitely understand amping up the overall look (i.e. when you hover over the icons on the left side, the name of the section should populate--vs. having to click first to figure out which section you're navigating).
• The app is often times glitchy (when a freelancer accepts a task, a lot of times it's accidentally marked as 'done' so this should be tweaked, etc.)
• Alerts - Would LOVE if it was possible to alert when profiles have been completed. Freelancers aren't always good at passing on that information. And to that point, if freelancers could be alerted if they haven't filled their profile out properly. Would avoid so much back and fourth.

Brendan M.
SENIOR EDITOR (current)
Tekstschrijvers, 51-200 werknemers

"Steadily improving"

Opmerkingen: Kalo's a much more navigable option than other freelancer management systems I've used but it can lack some basic functionality to the point where it feels more like a beta test, even after some time using it. When it first arrived at our company it was a welcome change, but management of irrelevant info was often an unnecessary labor (e.g. no way to turn off or clear all on messages that didn't pertain to a user's actual role). Other aspects required some deeper searching when they should have been manifest, and filtration wasn't always smooth. This last remains a bit of a sticky wicket, as trying to find a freelancer often returns a limited number of applicable candidates or brings up irrelevant ones. All that said, they have been steadily addressing and improving these features, to the point where it now feels like the software it was always supposed to be. I look forward to continued usage.

Pluspunten: Design, both graphic and UX. Not overwhelmed with more functions than typically required, but many are there for when you need. Loadtime is great. Very well thought-out flow from freelancer sourcing to project creation to task creation to completion.

Minpunten: Information management can sometimes require extra work, and you might not always get everything you're looking for / have to do some creative searching to find it. Other times you get stuff you'll never need with no way to turn it off.

Marketing Manager, Social & Content
Kleding en mode, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-6-2018

"Super easy to use platform and easy to set up, it integrates with AdobeSign which is a huge plus."

Pluspunten: User experience - Kalo is super easy to use, our hiring managers love. Clear instructions on how to onboard a freelancer, feedback was incredibly positive from them and the freelancers after rollout. The biggest bonus is the reporting feature, it's loved by everyone from our Head of Marketing to CFO as we can now provide a consolidated dashboard showing freelancer spend by budget, cost code, business unit. All the areas we had no visibility over today. Also the tax feature saved our Finance team in Q4 last year as Kalo handled all 1099 submissions to the IRS.

Minpunten: I can't say there is anything we dislike. We integrate Kalo today with our resource management tool and we would like to see a more deep integration there so we can compare freelance resource available versus full time resource.

• Beoordeeld op 14-6-2018
Home Consultant Recruiter
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Kalo is the right choice"

Opmerkingen: We are managing consultants, their invoices, and approving their payments through Kalo and it is a great platform for multiple users to have access to simultaneously.

Pluspunten: Kalo is very user friendly on the back-end for administration, and managing consultants. I like the look of Kalo, you can appreciate that it is an attractive platform.

Minpunten: Kalo looks the same on multiple pages, this is not ideal when trying to navigate through the website and figure out the right way to move forwards in action.

Lindsey G.
Producer
Mediaproductie, 201-500 werknemers

"Lystable Review"

Opmerkingen: As a user, I thoroughly enjoy it. I’m fortunate to have a production manager, manage the day to day of it so that it’s available for me to use easily. But it really has streamlined my production payments and allowed me to book freelancers quite easily.

Pluspunten: The ability to store all information about my freelancers and contractors. As someone who books crews so often, it makes paying them so easy.

Minpunten: Sometimes I don’t know what I should put in every field, I’ve made mistakes in the past by inputting guessed answered in some of the boxes and it’s impacted the project payments.

Training Operations Specialist
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

"Kalo is almost great"

Opmerkingen: Overall, we would love to continue using Kalo in our department for our Freelancers. To make it perfect, please create a better training material that has audio or make the sign-up process shorter.

Pluspunten: The software is great once the users get signed up. The software is intuitive for the users and the admin. There's no complaint on this software from a user's perspective.

Minpunten: The software is great once the users get signed up. However, the sign-up process and the tutorial to sign up is way too complicated. We often have users take 1-3 weeks before they set-up their Kalo accounts. If they can make it more simple to sign up, it would help our department by leaps and bounds.

Content Writer
Publiceren, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-9-2019

"Perfect for managing multiple projects/assignments"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Kalo has been helpful when it comes to managing projects/assignments. As a freelancer, you like to have quick, easy access to assignments, and Kalo makes that possible.

Pluspunten: One of the companies that I write for uses Kalo. What I love about this software is that it makes managing projects/assignments extremely easy, from accepting assignments to completing them.

Minpunten: I've noticed Kalo doesn't always alert users to changes that have been made to their projects/assignments. This could be a glitch or a setting that can be changed, but it is important to receive notifications about changes when they are made.

• Beoordeeld op 15-9-2019
Marissa C.
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Great functionality, robust features good for scaling companies"

Pluspunten: The features are great for companies as they grow – you can project manage across departments, maintain feedback of a large freelancer base, and basically replace some database management software while maintaining your invoicing and payment cycle in one place.

Minpunten: Some of the data is hard to surface and requires a lot of clicks to go back and forth, rather than showing enough information up front.

Digital Content Coordinator
Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Great Value For an Up and Coming Service"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Kalo has save us a lot of time managing freelancers. If they can leave freelancer payments to the business, it would be perfect!

Pluspunten: Kalo makes it extremely easy to manage projects. We can keep track of tasks, receipts, and upcoming invoices.

Minpunten: The freelancer payment system is disjointed. We work through a rep to fund an account and Kalo processes payments. It's very cumbersome and an automated system would be great.

Lauren B.
Program Manager
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Kalo saved us then helped us GROW! "

Opmerkingen: The product is great, but it's the team at Kalo make the experience. Everyone I have interacted with has filled me with confidence that we'll get exactly where we need to be.

Pluspunten: It was an incredibly simple and fast solution to a big problem we had. The solution was immediately impactful.

Minpunten: The functionality is not quite where we need, but we're working on it.

Senior Editor

"Eshelman "

Opmerkingen: Excellent

Pluspunten: Easiest system for tracking payment of freelancers that I've used.

Minpunten: Some of the icons aren't intuitive.

Stacy T.
Senior Editor
Tekstschrijvers, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"This Will Make Your Life Easier for Tracking and Payments"

Opmerkingen: Kalo is my go-to source for signing up new freelancers and paying people. It's a great system, and I often recommend it to others.

Pluspunten: Kalo is a very simple, easy way to assign and work with freelancers. They do all the heavy lifting, and it's really affordable, too.

Minpunten: Not much to make it better, but it could always have some additional customization options, especially to better understand how businesses use it.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Author, Speaker, Teacher
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers

"Regular user"

Opmerkingen: I pay contractors daily through Kalo, and it always works great.

Pluspunten: I like how it pays quickly and is very easy for contractors to use.

Minpunten: I wish the icons on the side of the screen had labels.

Sernior Program Manager, Influencer Marketing & Social Media Strategist, Editor
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018

"Easy to pay freelancers quickly "

Opmerkingen: I did not take any tutorials or training, and still figured it out. Yay!

Pluspunten: In my position, I have found Kalo to be an efficient way to pay freelancers quickly and digitally for their work.

Minpunten: It sometimes takes a while to convince freelancers to digitally link their bank accounts if they are wary of online payment.

• Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018
Sr. Director, Development & Social Studios
Online media, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Great Resource for Paying Freelancers"

Pluspunten: The ability to quickly and easily pay freelancers makes this a great resource. Onboarding is super easy as well.

Minpunten: Would love to see more opportunities to meet and network with outside freelancers that are a part of the Kalo system but not connected to our business.

Senior SEO Manager
Tekstschrijvers, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-9-2018

"Kalo simplifies working with freelancers"

Opmerkingen: Overall Kalo has been a painless working experience that definitely makes things easier.

Pluspunten: I like being able to easily onboard new freelancers and assign freelancers tasks without having to deal with documents or follow up about invoices. It's all taken care of with a couple intuitive clicks and I can focus on the actual work.

Minpunten: Navigating within assignments and approving invoices can be a little unclear at first.

Katy B.
editor

"Easy to use"

Opmerkingen: It's been great to be able to quickly and easily onboard freelancers with Kalo. It makes payment transparent to them and paves the way for a smooth freelance relationship.

Pluspunten: The interface is intuitive and clean, and onboarding a new freelancer is immediate. Whenever I've had questions about a payment, customer support has responded immediately.

Minpunten: Not really anything that's not working for our company.

Khushbu S.
Senior Food Editor

"Kalo Is Interesting"

Pluspunten: I like how you are able to track all payments that have been made to your freelancer in one space. The software also has strong search features.

Minpunten: I hate the onboarding process. I wish Kalo would notify users when a freelancer has completed their onboarding so that you can put the assignment in the system.

Copywriter
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

"Freelancer Management Made Easy"

Pluspunten: Kalo makes it easy for various team members to access our database of freelancers. We can coordinate payments, assignments, and more with little hassle.

Minpunten: The wallet feature is unnecessarily difficult.

James M.
COO
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2017

"Must have for freelancer/contractor management"

Opmerkingen: We manage a number of open source contractors and until Lystable had a difficult time keeping track of them all. Lystable allows us one centralized location to manage our contractors.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and is just a makes sense platform.

Minpunten: The on-boarding needs work.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2017
Priya G.
marketing manager
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018

"kalo is one of the good freelancer management software"

Pluspunten: Kalo is the good software to use for freelancer management. Most of us manage our database through excel sheets if not in a very big scale but with time every thing keep on increasing so its difficult to manage excel sheets. When I came to know about kalo I decided to try this software once because it is designed as per our requirements. We tried this software and started managing our database through kalo. I found it easy to use software and I was able to easily locate information about each freelancer. I recommend to give this software a try.

Minpunten: Though I like this software at a great extent still there is one thing I am mentioning here is when we invite a freelancer to accept our invitation to join kalo and when he accepted the invitation, we were not able to make amendments in his profile that was actually created by us.

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018
Freelance Graphic Designer, Production Artist
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 15-12-2018

"We'll see if this pans out"

Opmerkingen: I applied for a job on Indeed, and the recruiter directed me to create a Kalo profile. Nothing has come of it yet, but I like the idea. We'll see if this pans out.

Pluspunten: It seems to be a good resource for networking and managing freelance work and opportunities. I'm particularly interested in having my work history and samples "verified" by previous clients. That wold bring some integrity to my profile, and hopefully some good work.

Minpunten: The layout is a bit scattered. Can't re-organize work history or samples (by date, preference, etc.) Updating samples requires re-verification (and history can't be updated?). No feedback loop on verification (were my references contacted? and if so, has my work been verified?)

• Beoordeeld op 15-12-2018