Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over EmailOctopus

E-mailmarketing voor lagere kosten, via Amazon SES

Meer informatie over EmailOctopus

Integration was easy, the software is easy to use overall. Easy to manage your contact lists for ab testing.

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work.

Beoordelingen van EmailOctopus

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

EmailOctopus heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 422 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je EmailOctopus eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (423)

Andre
Andre
Founder in VS
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Email Octopus is Worth It

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Email Octopus has been great. I’m able to easily send emails and build my list.

I have only been using an email newsletter for 6 months, so I’m new to email marketing. Email Octopus has a straightforward list management tool that I find easy to use. I like that my dashboard gives me my recent campaign stats. For someone like myself who is just starting to build a list, the price is great and the functionality is simple and easy to understand and execute.

Now that I’m 6 months in with Email Octopus, I wish they had some deeper engagement tracking per subscriber - i.e. location, time of open. Some deeper engagement tracking would help in understanding how, when, and where subscribers are interacting with the campaign.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Campaign Monitor by Marigold, Mad Mimi en Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Price was the determining factor. The ability to build a list inexpensively was a the deciding factor.

Paul
Editor in Ecuador
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

EmailOctopus is my new go to EMS

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Everything from onboarding and list impor to automations and building my first campaigns has been a breeze. I had a few questions initially, but the team got back to me right away. I started out on Mailerlite and was in the +40% open rate. Then MailChimp dropped that to +30% open rate because my emails were going to spam due to their generic spammy click tracking links getting flagged by Gmail. After switching to EmailOctopus, my open rate has returned to +40% and my deliverability issues are over.

EmailOctopus has incredible customer service, which was extremely important to me when choosing a new EMS. Their live chat is extremely responsive, and you're talking with folks who can actually help you, as opposed to outsourced help who are reading from a FAQ document.

Their editor could be improved a bit. Sometimes it jumps around if I paste a large HTML section, for example. The editor in general could just be a little more fluid, but it gets the job done.

Ankit
Founder in India
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

A good affordable email marketing tool

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I had a good experience, but I really wish that they fix their email builder, and it's buggy.

Even though EmailOctopus(EO) is a relatively new tool but it has all the features you will expect it to have. The best this is that it's really affordable.

The major problem with EmailOctopus is there UI of email builder. It's really bad and buggy. Also if you try pasting content from Ms-Word or Notion then it changes the formatting which is troublesome to edit. Also if you want to run referral programs for your newsletter then EmailOctopus has very few integrations. They also pushed new update for their forms which makes it compulsory to use it with iframe and not custom html tags. That makes it very static and you can't use your own designs.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Ankit, Thanks for the review and glad you love our value for money. In respects to your feedback around the email builder, you'll be glad to know we are overhauling it this year and making it much simpler to copy and paste from your favourite tools, while retaining the correct formatting. Our forms, as you've also mentioned, saw an update last year. I think you may have misunderstood the update, as we do not use iFrames and we never have done. All our forms can be style completely by you using CSS, and we have no plans to ever change that. We agree iFrames are not the right solution to use. If you'd like help styling your forms, please contact our team and we'd be glad to show you how.

Mandy
Education Programme Co-ordinator in VK
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

EmailOctopus is great!

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Easy to set up - great & timely help from the EmailOctopus team when needed They give discounts for charities

One thing - It would be useful to be able to delete certain dates in Recurring Events without having to delete each event individually. There's nothing else I can think of!

Kirsten
Owner in VK
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent customer service

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been very pleased with my experience with EO, so much so that I have recently opened a second account for a charity I'm involved with. I love the ethos of this company - happy to help and support all businesses and organisations, no matter the size, with a big emphasis of excellent customer service.

Because of the number of subscribers I have, I am on EO's free plan. However, EO's customer service is brilliant, and I find the design interface and admin dashboard very easy and intuitive to use.

Nothing - I have been very happy with the service provided.

Ruth
Author in VK
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy, professional service with great support.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Easy to use with great support pages to help me switch over initially and then to continue to make my email campaigns the best I can make them.
I'd recommend EmailOctopus to anyone who's unfamiliar with setting up email subscriptions. But it's great to anyone really, no matter the level of experience.

The ease of making up an email to send out to my subscribers. EmailOctopus isn't the first service I've used over the years, but it's by far the easiest one to navagate.

It can get pricey when you need to upgrade. But that's pretty much true across the board these days. And you do get what you pay for.

Raul
Realtor in VS
Vastgoed, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing Email Marketing Solution!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to use, affordable & it works flawlessly.

The purple color design everywhere you look.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: They were too expensive and not as easy to use.

Overgestapt van: Constant Contact

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Customer service and the fact that you can get started for no $0 dollars.

Hrvoje
DevOps Engineer in Zwitserland
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I love EmailOctopus

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Simplicity of use, and yet it is extremly reliable and feature rich.

Reliabilitiy and sticking with formula that works. Over the years there are constant improvements... but general forumla of being very simple and practical to use always stays. Kudos!

Carmen
Assistant in Puerto Rico
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Email Octoppus is so easy to use, is beautiful, and has great custmer service!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Simplicity of use and the great customer service

No cons at Email Octopus! No complaints whatsoever.

Anny
Anny
interpreter in Italië
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Affordable & Effective Email Marketing

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I highly recommend EmailOctopus to anyone in need of a reliable, affordable, and feature-rich email marketing solution. Whether you're a small business owner, a marketer, or an entrepreneur, EmailOctopus has everything you need to create successful email campaigns without breaking the bank.

EmailOctopus offers a budget-friendly yet powerful solution for email marketing. Its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop editor make creating visually appealing emails a breeze. With high deliverability rates and robust analytics, it's perfect for small businesses. While some advanced features are limited, its value for money is undeniable.

Some advanced features may be limited compared to more expensive alternatives. Customer support response times could be improved

4 weken geleden

Hi Anny, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback. When it comes to our Customer Support response times, have you considered using our Live Chat service? While we respond to emails, on average, within 40 minutes using chat will connect you to a team member (no AI Chat bots!) within seconds and is included across all our paid plans and for your first 30-days on a free plan. Try it out next time you're on the platform by using the (?) bubble in the bottom right-hand corner. We look forward to hearing from you :)

Josh
CEO in Zuid-Afrika
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: SendGrid

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Donald
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A good inexpensive way to get your email business rolling

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall EmailOctpus has done a good job handling what I throw at them and they fit my budget pretty well. Service has been better here than in the other more well know places tried in the past. They seem to be more service-orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. I'd say I have been pretty happy with most of what they have to offer.

The 2500 price point is a great help for those starting out gives them a bit more time to learn and start making some money with their list and to make the payment easier too. Most of the help tutors are easy to understand and if you have trouble the support has been outstanding. Even though it is a chat and I usually don't care for that but theirs has been top-notch. They have good knowledgeable people working the chat and that really a big plus.

Pros: They are reasonably priced and offer excellent support. Easy to learn and use with a low learning curve in most areas. They also have more advanced options for integration into many of the more well-known platforms for controlling larger businesses. You also have a knowledge base you can go to when Chat is offline at night that which is very helpful for people like me that do a lot at night.Cons: My biggest pet peeve with them is not being able to use HTML templates made by others you are kinda stuck using theirs and some of them are not too professional looking or fit the needs to might have. Yeah, I'm old school but I can make them work the way I need easier to install on some websites I have custom software and I have to create workarounds to get things working sometimes.

Kyle
Online Coach in VK
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

The most cost effective email solution with no hidden bolt on extras

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Ace. Pull your CSV files through already and close your mind-numbing, overcharging, 2-audience-limited mail company and make the switch. If you don't like it you're probably a bot.

straight out of the box, the customer service is top-notch, real people, detailed responses not generic bs, and such an easy user interface you don't have to hunt for hidden features. fast, effective, reporting is top-notch. it takes care of everything without the expense of Mailchimp... actually, it makes Mailchimp look prehistoric in comparison.

Really nothing has popped up that's been an issue, no extra charges, nothing.

Mikey
Author in VK
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Reliable and cost-effective

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: MailerLite en Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Mike
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Everything Most Email Marketers Need at an Unbeatable Price

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I needed an easier, more reliable platform for various email campaigns, and EmailOctopus delivered.

EmailOctopus is incredibly easy to use, yet still full-featured enough to fill the needs of most business owners. I appreciate the intuitive backend, handsome emails, and exceptional deliverability EmailOctopus provides in a simple and pleasing package. I've used other industry-leading emailers, but this is the one I enjoy working with the most.

Can't think of a thing I don't like about EmailOctopus.

Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Keep it SImple

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Email Octopus is the only email program I could connect with. I can do almost anything with any program on a computer. But email marketing has always been overly complicated, in my opinion. I can write copy and set up great graphical design, but email marketing is like this bag of complications that the occasional email marketer doesn't get very proficient in. EmailOctopus simplifies all of this to the point that even if I don't become an expert in email marketing, I can still start and run a campaign and get good feedback on the quality of that email campaign. I like the fact that I can just relax after hitting the send button, and Email Octopus does the rest. For me, I like simplicity. Overly complicated doesn't work for me. Email Octopus is simple.

I am waiting for AI tools to be incorporated into EmailOctopus. I also think it would be cool if an email audience could be created right within the app.

Sumeet
Founder in India
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Best Email Marketing System

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

Brian
Director in VS
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers

Small Agency ESP Review

Opmerkingen: Very positive.

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: SendGrid en Emma by Marigold

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Better value

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.

Elle
Self-Published Author in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent Email Service

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with EO has always been personal, accessible, and prompt. Their site "Knowledge Base" is very helpful, and their email templates look good. Most of all, their mission aligns with mine. I couldn't be happier overall!

I'm an indie author, and I like having control of my content. EmailOctopus provides great templates and transparent analysis, plus it aligns with my values (responsibility for the environment!) which is a huge boost in my opinion.

When I started out, EmailOctopus didn't quite have the diverse functionality that I saw in other big email brands. However I have seen EO add functionality over time, and I myself am not super techy, so essentially I have been able to grow with the service. :)

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: MailerLite en Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: sustainability, accessibility, value for price, transparency

Zoie
Creator in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I feel like I'm part of the family!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: EmailOctopus provides a great product at a fantastic price. I feel confident that they have my back at every step, as I grow my list!

I have to admit that it was the Free Plan that first got my attention, but it's been the really great customer support that has totally sold me on EmailOctopus. Everyone is so friendly and prompt with their responses to even some of my "newbie" questions. I also really like how easy and intuitive everything is set up. IIt was so quick and easy to get started and I've made some beautiful web forms that I love.

At this time, because my list is small, I don't have any Cons.

Jasmine
CEO in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The Best Software I’ve used

5,0 2 jaar geleden

The interface is easy to use and the email sending is easy to access. Unlike other email platforms I’ve tried, I love that there is a minimum amount of subscribers you must have before you must buy the paid plan. Nothing is complicated about this. It’s a great tool.

I wish there was a mobile app but other than that, nothing is wrong with it.

Nessma
Manager in Oman
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

A good option if you're starting out

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a nice provider is you're starting up and don't have many subscribers; less than 2500. The templates are very convenient and attractive to use. Tagging and segmentation got better better over the time. However, opening rate is still concerning due to inefficient CAN Spam that leads to identifying emails sent from EmailOctopus as spam instead of landing in the receiver's inbox folder.

When I started using EmailOctopus, the first feature that attracted me to their service was their templates. There is a good variety to choose from. The designs are nice and not boring like most of the presets that come with mailers. It was easy to use to send weekly newsletters.

I faced two problems when I used EmailOctopus. One, the open rate was dismal compared to other mailing services due to spam complaints. Most of the emails were either sent to spam or blocked. It caused delivery issues that eventually made me use a different mailer. Two, list management. I wasn't able to import subscribers easily, segment or segregate or have a lead page to gather subscribers.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Nessma, Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm glad to say EmailOctopus does completely support imports of subscribers, along with segmentation and segregation. We also have a range of landing pages within EmailOctopus so you can grow your list, for free, easier than ever. We'd love you to have a go at using these, so please reach out to our Support team who will gladly point you in the right direction to start.

George
Marketing Admin in Bulgarije
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Very happy

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: great! Their customer service is also very responsive.

I love that Email Octopus is easy to use and navigate. Has a lot of automation options that are very flexible.

I would really love if they implemented a search bar for campaigns and exporting of reports.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Mailjet

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: We've been having issues using Mailjet as our primary email marketing provider so we switched to Email Octopus and use Mailjet as a secondary service.

Freeman
Freeman
CMO in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Love EmailOctopus!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: ConvertKit, Mailchimp en AWeber

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.

Alex
CEO in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

5/5 Definitely Recommend

5,0 vorig jaar

What got me into using EmailOctopus was initially the low fee. Compared to similar products/services, EmailOctopus is the cheapest. Since I've incorporated the tool into my business, I have been very happy. The ease of use and the smooth setup with other tools such as Zapier and GravityForms makes this a no-brainer. Additionally, customer service is fast to reply and helpful. I highly recommend EmailOctopus!

Honestly, there are no cons. The UI/UX is smooth and there are how-to guides for everything.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Constant Contact en Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: The cost.

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp