Over EmailOctopus

E-mailmarketing voor lagere kosten, via Amazon SES

Meer informatie over EmailOctopus

Amazon SES is known to offer the best inboxing rates but the thing I liked the most was its real-time analytics. The integrations offered are also satisfactory.

Difficult to link with wordpress form pluggins.

Beoordelingen van EmailOctopus

Waar voor je geld

EmailOctopus heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 133 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je EmailOctopus eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (133)

Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Trustee, Area 7 in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best Email Service Anywhere

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Josh E.
CEO in Zuid-Afrika
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Overwogen alternatieven: SendGrid

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Nessma E.
Manager in Oman
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers

A good option if you're starting out

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's a nice provider is you're starting up and don't have many subscribers; less than 2500. The templates are very convenient and attractive to use. Tagging and segmentation got better better over the time. However, opening rate is still concerning due to inefficient CAN Spam that leads to identifying emails sent from EmailOctopus as spam instead of landing in the receiver's inbox folder.

When I started using EmailOctopus, the first feature that attracted me to their service was their templates. There is a good variety to choose from. The designs are nice and not boring like most of the presets that come with mailers. It was easy to use to send weekly newsletters.

I faced two problems when I used EmailOctopus. One, the open rate was dismal compared to other mailing services due to spam complaints. Most of the emails were either sent to spam or blocked. It caused delivery issues that eventually made me use a different mailer. Two, list management. I wasn't able to import subscribers easily, segment or segregate or have a lead page to gather subscribers.

2 weken geleden

Hi Nessma, Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm glad to say EmailOctopus does completely support imports of subscribers, along with segmentation and segregation. We also have a range of landing pages within EmailOctopus so you can grow your list, for free, easier than ever. We'd love you to have a go at using these, so please reach out to our Support team who will gladly point you in the right direction to start.

Ankit G.
Founder in India
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

A good affordable email marketing tool

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I had a good experience, but I really wish that they fix their email builder, and it's buggy.

Even though EmailOctopus(EO) is a relatively new tool but it has all the features you will expect it to have. The best this is that it's really affordable.

The major problem with EmailOctopus is there UI of email builder. It's really bad and buggy. Also if you try pasting content from Ms-Word or Notion then it changes the formatting which is troublesome to edit. Also if you want to run referral programs for your newsletter then EmailOctopus has very few integrations. They also pushed new update for their forms which makes it compulsory to use it with iframe and not custom html tags. That makes it very static and you can't use your own designs.

2 weken geleden

Hi Ankit, Thanks for the review and glad you love our value for money. In respects to your feedback around the email builder, you'll be glad to know we are overhauling it this year and making it much simpler to copy and paste from your favourite tools, while retaining the correct formatting. Our forms, as you've also mentioned, saw an update last year. I think you may have misunderstood the update, as we do not use iFrames and we never have done. All our forms can be style completely by you using CSS, and we have no plans to ever change that. We agree iFrames are not the right solution to use. If you'd like help styling your forms, please contact our team and we'd be glad to show you how.

Founder in Portugal
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple mailing lists

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I don't think I've ever had a better experience integrating with an API than with EmailOctopus. Their email support is also one of the best I've ever dealt with.

I like how quickly I was able to set it up. I also frequently give their API documentation as an example of a perfectly written document. While composing a new campaign, the UI doesn't get in the way and I'm able to just get down to work.

I couldn't figure out a way to "merge" multiple user lists, or send a campaign to users from multiple different lists at once.

owner in Spanje
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Onboarding makes no sense

1,0 3 maanden geleden

It's very easy to build emails and work with forms and landing pages

Before being able to send any communication they sent you a set of questions about your data base and lists, where and how you acquire your contacts. They sent this like two hours before I've signed in. I'm supposed to give them all my info, wait for their approval and only then shoot my emails. This is absurd doesn't happen with any other provider I've used before (mailchimp, hubspot, etc)

3 maanden geleden

Hi there, Sorry to hear you weren't happy with our approval process. We have an approval process in place to maintain our industry leading deliverability. During the approval process we look to find out what kind of emails you'll be sending and how the list was grown many companies continue to use purchased lists, which are not only against the law but impact the service massively too so having this step allows us to educate users and improve our service for all. In many cases approval can be done immediately, without any additional questions. However at times we do need to get some additional information, this is what will have happened in your case. Those questions only need to be answered once, and should take no longer than 2 minutes to answer. While we appreciate those questions may add some additional friction to signing up, it's done with the best of intentions and is why our reputation is so high with the likes of Gmail and Yahoo.

Soundarya B.
Entrepreneue in India
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

A great alternative

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to centralize all our email marketing campaigns across two products. Also the deliverability of the campaigns has been great so far.

1. Deliverabilty 2. Clean UI 3. Faster onboarding 4. Amazing support

Action or triggered based workflow creation feature will be a great add.

Brian S.
Brian S.
CEO in VS

KISS for email marketing

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Payam M.
President in Canada
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Email Octopus reduced our newsletter fees by ~80%

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Ease of transitioning existing contacts into email octopus, customizability of advertizements, excellent support. Able to link Email Octopus with our existing Amazon SES account.

Honestly not a lot to say here. The software is similar to others that fill this niche within the market.

Maisarah S.
Maisarah S.
Marketing Executive in Maleisië
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

4,0 vorig jaar

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Ian R.
Manager in VS

I Only Use This Software Because it Works

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

Overwogen alternatieven: Constant Contact

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Price and ease of use

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Price and ease of use

Mikey C.
Author in VK
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Reliable and cost-effective

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Overwogen alternatieven: MailerLite en Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Jargon D.
Manager in VS

This is the one!

Opmerkingen: 10/10

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Overwogen alternatieven: Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: MailChimp was too difficult to use

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense

Kat S.
Author in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Can't beat the features for the price

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

Freeman L.
Freeman L.
CMO in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Love EmailOctopus!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

Overwogen alternatieven: Drip Email Marketing, ConvertKit, AWeber, Mailchimp en Mailchimp Transactional Email

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.

Sumeet C.
Founder in India
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Best Email Marketing System

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

Steven W.
Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

E-mail Octopus is a great platform

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Brian T.
Director in VS
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers

Small Agency ESP Review

Opmerkingen: Very positive.

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Overwogen alternatieven: Emma, Chameleon, CampaignerCRM en SendGrid

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Better value

Overgestapt van: Stream Send E-Mail Marketing

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.

Kristian V.
Founder & MD in Nederland
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Simple & Effective

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Incredible. In the time & age where platform are becoming extremely bulky, EmailOctopous keeps it simple, clean, automated. Customer support is on point every time.

- Simple yet powerful - Not overwhelming - Incredible customer support - Fantastic automation

- Segmentation features - Advanced automation & workflows

Phil S.
Phil S.
Digital Director in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Sheila R.
Owner in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Email Octopus makes it designing and sending emails easy and affordable

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I'm getting more emails out and having more interaction with my customers. With the algorithms on social media changing daily, being able to consistently connect with my customers through email marketing is so important.

Email Octopus is so much easier to use that other email marketing products. The templates are simple and impactful, making sending new email campaigns an absolute breeze instead of a full-time job.

The only thing I would suggest is that email octopus develop an app for mobile users. That would make it even easier to use!

Jacques-louis K.
Marketer in Albanië
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

I tried many Email services and EmailOctopus is my favorite

5,0 3 jaar geleden

- Very low cost: EmailOctopus uses Amazon Simple Mail Service to send emails, for a fraction of the cost of other email platforms - Integrated API: I automate my list building using EmailOctopus full featured API. I can connect EmailOctopus to my workflow - Real-time statistics: watch in real time how your campaigns perform - Outstanding support: I needed support to use the API and got great help from them

It lacks a list segmentation feature and the list contacts editing could be more user friendly.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Jacques-Louis, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

Phillip C.
owner in VS
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

5,0 2 jaar geleden

not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great! Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it.

I'd like some more functionality but I understand if I need to pay to get those things.

Overwogen alternatieven: Mailchimp

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: less expensive

Overgestapt van: Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: less expensive

Full Time Translator in Algerije
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers

Not-so-bad Alt to MailChimp

4,0 vorig jaar

The fact that the free version comes with 2500 subscribers. 200 more than MailChimp.

For me there's no serious cons of this software. they did good job in improving their drag and drop editor. But i don't feel they keep up with enough updates. The sector of email marketing providers is crowded and if you don't keep up like what MailChimp did with launching Inbox and Surveys features plus their brand new editor: We as customers and therefore our clients will choose the most advanced solution.

Overwogen alternatieven: MailerLite en Mailchimp Transactional Email

Redenen om voor EmailOctopus te kiezen: Client requests

Overgestapt van: MailerLite en Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: Client requests and project requirements

Ashleigh S.
Author in VS

The Perfect Solution

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

Overwogen alternatieven: ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, ConvertKit, AWeber en Mailchimp

Redenen om over te stappen op EmailOctopus: EmailOctopus had the largest number of subscribers on the free version and was the easiest to use.