Gemiddelde scores

Meer informatie over EmailOctopus

107 reviews worden weergegeven

Brian S.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-9-2020

"KISS for email marketing"

Opmerkingen: I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Pluspunten: What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Minpunten: I would love it if they supported markdown.

• Beoordeeld op 1-9-2020
Sumeet C.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020

"Best Email Marketing System"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

Pluspunten: I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Minpunten: Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020
Jan sigetty B.
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018

"Unfair comparison with Mailchimp"

Opmerkingen: I like it, but that's because I found workarounds. Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pluspunten: I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Minpunten: 1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc 2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data. 3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

van EmailOctopus op 4-10-2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Mikey C.
Author
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Reliable and cost-effective"

Opmerkingen: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Pluspunten: EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Minpunten: I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Brian T.
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2020

"Small Agency ESP Review"

Opmerkingen: Very positive.

Pluspunten: We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Minpunten: Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2020
Ashleigh S.
Author
  • Beoordeeld op 15-10-2020

"The Perfect Solution"

Opmerkingen: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

Pluspunten: I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Minpunten: The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

• Beoordeeld op 15-10-2020
  • Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019

"Fantastic low-cost email host"

Opmerkingen: I needed an easy and inexpensive way to host email. This has done the trick and then some! Really pleasantly surprised.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use, inexpensive. Great deliverability!

Minpunten: Doesn't have an easy way to segment your subscribers.

van EmailOctopus op 24-4-2020

Hi there,

We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business.

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

• Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019
Christopher M.
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2020

"Using Email octopus for newletters for my customers"

Opmerkingen: Brilliant. The user interface is easy to use. It is clear what to do with little or no training and pretty straight forward.

Pluspunten: I like how easy it is to drag and drop images onto newsletters. The templates are really good too.

Minpunten: The restrictions to the number of emails being sent can make it hard to balance my prices accordingly. I use it to put newsletters together for my clients. Effectivly i am a middle man, a one of mayment per x number of emails would be a good feature rather than a monthly subscription.

• Beoordeeld op 28-9-2020
Teresa F.
Service Designer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 5-8-2020

"Solid free option for creating campaigns and sending newsletters"

Opmerkingen: It was easy to start using EmailOctopus, create and send newsletters, and keep track of their stats. Wound up switching back to MailChimp because newsletters often did not reach many of the recipients with EmailOctupus.

Pluspunten: - The free version is good enough for use in a small company
- Campaigns are easy to create, start, and track
- Mailing lists are easy to create, import, export and edit
- Easy to use, even for new users

Minpunten: - Emails often did not reach their target recipients
- Editor could have more features

• Beoordeeld op 5-8-2020
Ryan S.
VP, A&R
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020

"Love it!"

Opmerkingen: Stellar.

Pluspunten: It's free if you're under 2k recipients, which I am. More importantly, it's easy to use, easy to set up good-looking emails, and I can customize anything. No learning-curve. It's a quick dive-in. Easy to update and modify my contacts list.

Minpunten: Honestly, I have no complaints. It's good.

• Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020
Ian R.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"I Only Use This Software Because it Works"

Opmerkingen: I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Pluspunten: Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

Minpunten: It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Ryan B.
Trustee, Area 7
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018

"Best Email Service Anywhere"

Opmerkingen: Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Pluspunten: I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Minpunten: None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Freeman L.
CMO
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 26-10-2020

"Love EmailOctopus!"

Pluspunten: EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Minpunten: Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

• Beoordeeld op 26-10-2020
Steven W.
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-8-2020

"E-mail Octopus is a great platform"

Opmerkingen: Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Pluspunten: E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Minpunten: If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Phil S.
Digital Director
  • Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

"The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!"

Pluspunten: Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

Minpunten: No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Jacques-louis K.
Marketer
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019

"I tried many Email services and EmailOctopus is my favorite"

Pluspunten: - Very low cost: EmailOctopus uses Amazon Simple Mail Service to send emails, for a fraction of the cost of other email platforms - Integrated API: I automate my list building using EmailOctopus full featured API. I can connect EmailOctopus to my workflow - Real-time statistics: watch in real time how your campaigns perform - Outstanding support: I needed support to use the API and got great help from them

Minpunten: It lacks a list segmentation feature and the list contacts editing could be more user friendly.

van EmailOctopus op 24-4-2020

Hi Jacques-Louis,

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

• Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Kristian V.
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-9-2020

"Excellent"

Opmerkingen: Amazing. Great support, fantastic features & unbelievable ease of use.

Pluspunten: A simple, powerful tool to automate & scale your email communication.

Minpunten: There are no cons. The company is growing, and progressively improving their services.

• Beoordeeld op 14-9-2020
Phillip C.
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-10-2020

"CEO"

Pluspunten: not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great! Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it.

Minpunten: I'd like some more functionality but I understand if I need to pay to get those things.

• Beoordeeld op 28-10-2020
Ian R.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

"Easy to Use and Great ROI"

Opmerkingen: I have used Email Octopus for a couple/few years now and I have not had an issue - which is saying something. The times I had a question or two, they were responsive and helped me out. Overall great experience.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, great pricing, support has always been responsive, and they always seem to be improving things. I like the clear and easy dashboard that isn't cluttered with all sorts of stuff that I don't need.

Minpunten: Integrations with other software is a bit limited.

Ryan A.
Politieke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

"EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing."

Opmerkingen: Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Pluspunten: The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Minpunten: I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

Jesse K.
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-10-2020

"Email Octopus Review"

Pluspunten: Ease of use, effectiveness, sends emails efficiently and quickly. The ability to choose from templates or create your own is a great feature! Being able to see who has been sent an email, see when they opened it, and if they clicked on any links is such a wonderful feature for our school! Great costumer service as well. This is the first time our company has ever used an email platform software and it has made my job so much more efficient and the communication between our entire membership and school has never been stronger before! On top of that, I finally get to do something in my position that is creative, I love playing around with the templates and adding my special touches, it has helped me bring fun into my job!

Minpunten: I would of loved more flexibility in creating my own templates, some features as far as how the emails look but other than that nothing!

• Beoordeeld op 19-10-2020
Co-Founder, CEO
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018

"The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses"

Opmerkingen: I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pluspunten: The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Minpunten: The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Mo C.
Content Writer & Social Media Manager
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-9-2018

"EmailOctopus is the best value for email marketing hands down!"

Opmerkingen: EmailOctopus lets me email by list affordably, quickly, and easily. It enabled me to reach my customers regularly with a high deliverability rate, virtually no spam complaints (EmailOctopus is integrated with Amazon SES) , and the price cannot be beat. Forget the rest and use EmailOctopus!

Pluspunten: EmailOctopus is easy to use, has a clean and simple to use interface, and has the best price for email marketing that makes it affordable. I tried many other competitors, and EmailOctopus is the best by far.

Minpunten: I'd like to see the ability to segment email lists and more ready-to-use templates.

• Beoordeeld op 29-9-2018
Pete S.
District Associate
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020

"EmailOctopus is a Great Inexpensive Option Among a Field of Competitors Pricing Out Small Nonprofits"

Opmerkingen: It has been easy, affordable, and effective to get our email campaigns going with EmailOctopus. It really is the right solution for us.

Pluspunten: It is the price and simplicity that drew me to EmailOctopus and make it the right solution for our organization. While it lacks some of the advanced features of competitors like MailChimp and Constant Contact, it has the features that we need to manage our email campaigns. List management, simple segmentation, basic email campaigns, and a simple editor that makes it easy to create good looking emails is exactly what we needed.

Minpunten: I wish that we could do a little more with the custom fields in the member lists. For example, you can't include dynamic content based on a field on a subscriber's profile except for the contents of the field itself.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020
Scott M.
Writer
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

"Exceelent option for editorial newsletters"

Opmerkingen: I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pluspunten: EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Minpunten: All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).