Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Teachable

Maak je eigen cursuswebsite en regel je branding, studentgegevens, berichten en prijsstelling allemaal vanaf één plek.

Meer informatie over Teachable

I've mostly used Teachable as the student, not the teacher. It seems to integrate with websites nicely and is easy to enroll in the courses.

Payout options may a problem for subscribers from outside the USA.

Beoordelingen van Teachable

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,8

Teachable heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 167 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Teachable eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (167)

Stephanie
Health coach
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Ok for what it is

4,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Marilyn "M.E."
Marilyn "M.E."
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Teachable Moments

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
Director in VS
Alternatieve geneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Loved it at first! BUT, so many limits to functionality I switched to new platform within 3 months

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: When I first started with teachable I had an amazing experience. I loved the on boarding process that they put you through. Once I started building my courses at first it was positive because it's very simple to start. However, once I got a little deeper into my process I realized that there are many limitations to this platform that required me to do workarounds. For example:1. They have the ability to create a quiz but that quiz can only be multiple choice and the multiple choice can only have one correct answer. Therefore, the assessments are very limited you can't have students reflect with writing in their own words or you can't have any other type of question other than multiple choice. I had already created quizzes in another tool that I was using because I was already teaching courses before I started Teachable so I just linked those quizzes to Teachable.2. Teachable also doesn't integrate with SCORM which is a type of interactive course building file which is really state of the art. I use a tool called Articulate 360 and it allows you to create interactive courses/lessons and most LMS platforms integrate with SCORM and tools like Articulate 360, but Teachable does not.3. You cannot see the results of assessments unless you are on the highest tier, which is $120+4. You cannot have discussions with students unless you are on the highest tier.

Teachable really sold me with their marketing about how easy the platform was to use and with their webinars that really walk you through the course creation process. I really appreciated the education that they give you at the beginning of the on boarding process and that was really valuable even if the tools themselves ended up being very limited for my needs.

Between the time that I signed up and I decided to leave this platform the price more than doubled for hosting the courses that I was hosting. In addition to this, when you compare Teachable to the other platforms that are available out there; specifically, learnworlds, which is a platform I decided to go with, there's so many limits to their functionality that it's really difficult to run a course that is training students and in a process that needs to be evaluated. I think if I was just teaching for fun this might be a good platform for me but my students are moving through a process that needs to result in demonstrated mastery and the ability for me to present the information to them in an interactive way and the ability for them to complete evaluations and assessments with in the actual platform is really limited.

Axel
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Too Expensive, Not Designed for Marketers

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wish I had signed up for the free or lower-cost plan first. It's very difficult to switch platforms, so this is a decision that requires a lot of pre-purchase diligence. I now use Systeme.io, which offers way more features at a fraction of the price.

The course building platform itself is great. Support is decent for the most part, although they don't really engage well with feature requests.

Teachable seems to look at sales as an incidental part of course creation and teaching. Here are a few examples: 1) They don't have a drag-and-drop landing page builder. The templates are really generic and it's hard to get a sleek-looking landing page. 2) No email automation. You can send one-off emails to your students, but that's it. 3) You can't add a lead magnet to collect email addresses. You'll have to pay for Convertkit (which is another $25/month) or another email list provider. 4) There are limited options to customize the checkout. You can't custom code (like Analytics), or so on because the checkout is hosted on sso.teachable.com. And there's no option for a two-step checkout - say goodbye to abandoned cart emails (unless you want to create a complicated integration). 5) Their "one-click-upsell" mechanics are super limited. They previously had this feature, but got rid of it when they upgraded their page builder. They now have an upsell, but the mechanics are clunky. Again - sales and marketing are not at the top of this company's mind. On top of that, the pricing was expensive. $99/month (the lowest-priced annual plan with no transaction fee) is super high pricing for what you get. You're better off with Kartra (which costs the same as Teachable, but does way more) or Systeme.io (which has crazy-affordable pricing and really engages with users to improve the product)

Openbare veiligheid, 2-10 werknemers

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Nick
Nick
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple and Reliable Online Course Hosting Option

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been positive. I've created 4 courses on the platform so far.

Teachable makes it easy to put your online course(s) up for sale without having to worry about separate video hosting or payment processing. You also don't have to worry about managing customer logins to your own website for security since all that happens on Teachable's system. It's easy to upload content and create your curriculum, and it's nice that you can start with a pre-made template for sales pages and checkout pages, rather than having to create all that from scratch.

If you're not making many sales, it can be hard to justify the ongoing monthly expense. The login system is surprisingly frustrating and confusing, especially if students have enrolled in previous courses or if you yourself have enrolled in other Teachable-hosted courses. At one point I had 10+ logins, but I've slowly been able to consolidate those under one master account.

Jessica
Jessica
Educator in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

It's a great platform for my course

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Cushi
Cushi
owner in Bermuda

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

Filip
Filip
ceo in Italië

A complete LMS platform

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

Hemal
CEO in Maleisië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Overall, my experience has been great.

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Overall, my experience has been great. I started using with Free plan, it's is super easy to use for non techy. This is the best for course creators who have >=5 course. Resources are really helpful.

Sometime getting system errors (slow), expensive but anyone can start with Free or Basic plan.

Andrea
Executive Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Basic Course Platform

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The customer service team was helpful but limited by account types and functionality available.

Our team started using this tool as our primary learning management platform during Covid. We work across multiple school sites, the csv learner upload worked well for us in making the quick transition to fully remote. The platform is relatively straightforward to build within but leaves much to be desired for customization and accessibility.

The lack of customization and the limits within the account types constrained our team and ultimately led us and several of our partners to switch to Articulate 360 and Searchie.

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Oekraïne
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

My expirience of use Teachable

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have positive experiences with Teachable. I appreciate the ability to easily create and customize courses, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and brand their course websites.I also like Teachable's marketing and sales features, which make it easier to promote and sell courses directly through the platform. The ability to offer discounts and promotions, create custom landing pages, and track conversions and sales data can be particularly useful for course creators who are looking to increase their reach and revenue.However, as I mentioned earlier, some users have also reported issues with Teachable's pricing, payment processing, and design customization options. It's important to carefully evaluate these potential drawbacks and limitations before deciding whether Teachable is the right platform for your specific needs and goals.

Teachable has user-friendly interface and intuitive course creation process. This allows me to easily organize and structure my content, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and customize my course's branding and design. This ease-of-use can be particularly beneficial for individuals who may not have technical expertise or experience with online course creation.Another aspect that I appreciate is Teachable's marketing and sales features. With tools like coupon codes, affiliate programs, and upselling options, I can promote and sell my courses directly through the Teachable platform. Additionally, the platform integrates with email marketing services like Mailchimp, making it easier for course creators to communicate with their students and potential customers.

Teachable is expensive for me, and it will be especially expensive for users with large student bases or multiple courses. While Teachable offers a free plan with limited features, users need to upgrade to a paid plan to access more advanced features such as graded quizzes, custom domain names, and more detailed analytics.Another issue that I have is that Teachable's built-in website builder can be somewhat limited in terms of design customization. While I can add my branding and customize some elements of my course website, I unable to make more extensive design changes without the assistance of a developer.

Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

Alternatieve geschillenbeslechting, 2-10 werknemers

Easiest asynchronous teaching platform

5,0 2 jaar geleden

It's easy to build, customer service/support is excellent, students love it.

When students sign up it does not parse out first and last name, making integration with other platforms challenging.

Katherine
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Frustrated. Needed teachable to cancel. I tried several times unsucessfully

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service is horrible on resolve. Quick.on emails, robotic ,(automated responses. Seemingly without any human contact under any circumstance. Very depressing especially when they see. Know and hear that you are struggling over and over and over and still are unable to cancel on your own.

Never got to use it. Didnt have course material prepared yet. But continued to pay. Couldn't cancel on my own with all of the instructions given to me by email. Asked them to please go ahead and cancel for me as I was having difficulties and they never would just kept sending back into on how to do it myself and in the meantime billed me again knowing I wanted to cancel and have never ever used the program yet. In replies to my plea for help, they continued to direct me with directions I could not figure out, instead seeing HOW I reached out at least 10 times and lastly requested mew resets and a call from someone to finally get this cancellation over and done with. I should have read the ratings before investing

Their insensitivity to isolated cases where I actually needed them to cancel from their company side, instead if making a fooling me....and I still didn't know how to get my self cancelled. My comments about what I like are really extra on what I didnt like. Realized I had used the wrong box , but had typed so much. Just left it there.

Stella
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Great user experience, API access expensive

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Great user experience. Creating courses is incredibly easy and the interface is beautiful and pleasant to use.

API access requires a much higher tier in subscription which is inaccessible for smaller businesses

Holly
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers

Other Platforms Out There

2,0 3 jaar geleden

It's bright and engaging. Pricing okay. Help tutorial videos.

Not user-friendly, too many back links and limited design features. Too pricey compared to other platforms. I did not stick with using this platform even after attending trainings.

Jeffrey
Design Director in Thailand
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Was good until they forced Professional Plan

3,0 3 jaar geleden

It is easy to set up and can save lots of time versus building a WordPress LMS. And it does give a good amount of functionality

The biggest con was the support. When ever reporting bugs they always the same response "Its a browser issue" and blaming the browser for everything is irresponsible. But the real big con is they can not be trusted. When I signed up the basic plan included Zapier connection which is important to sale course from personal websites. But then, without notice, they changed and only allowed Zapier integration with Professional plans.I didn't find out until new students couldn't access their course. Teachable support didn't even know what happened when I contacted to say the integration stopped. This is a big reason why I could never recommend Teachable in fact, I would warn others and go with another solution because they can't be trusted. Who knows the next change they make and how that will effect other's businesses.

Boss in VS

a solid platform for online courses

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, a really great solution for hosting your training materials.

Have a couple of trainings hosted on Teachable and have found it to be great software. Easy to set up and pretty flexible. I like that it's hosted, meaning I don't have the pressure of worrying with the security and uptime of using my own host.

Wish the first level had more features, like being able to integrate with Zapier in the way that I need it to, which is automatically adding people who buy via my shopping cart.

robin
owner in Canada
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Never buy this product

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pretty bad, the software is fine, but if you have any problems with your account, payouts, software glitches or anything really they are 90% of the time unhelpful. It's like they don't care that you are a customer that's paying for their product. Frequently, I'll be in the middle of troubleshooting a problem by email with them and they'll just stop responding. DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE or you will lose your mind like I have. Also if you are an international company that doesn't work in USD, they aren't really set up to deal with other currencies well. I've set up 6 courses on teachables, but I'm going to move them all to Thinkific this year.

It was pretty easy to set up your course, add video etc. I liked the courses on marketing/etc that they sent out weekly to join for free.

Not very customizable, customer experience is just okay. Many were confused as to how to login etc initially. No autosave of your work, I lost hours to a system glitch where you press enter and it just deletes your course text and there's no autosave to backup to.

Good but expensive

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I do like my experience with Teachable as a user. Although I wouldn't use it as an educator myself, I can see the value in Teachable and if you can get over the high monthly/yearly price (unless maybe if you don't need the higher versions, then it's actually priced really well) then I think it could be very valuable. The custom domain names are a nice feature as well, although - as I mentioned - it can be confusing.

- Beautiful interface - Personalisable - Good on mobile - Seems like a perfect solution for people who don't want to build an online education programme with WordPress, which surely is more difficult in all aspects.

- I would not use this software for my own courses because I find it way too expensive. However I think this is a trade-off that a lot of people are willing to make because it's easy. - Sometimes it gets really confusing to switch between various educators who use Teachable. I even lost access to some courses because of a confusion I had (multiple accounts that I wanted to merge).

Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Fast Start for Online Courses

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I advise anyone who would like to sell his or her online courses. It has very user friendly interface.

It has a free plan and you can test most of significant features of the application

So important some of features are closed in free plan

Owner in VS

Have Used As A Student, May Use As An Instructor

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have mostly used Teachable as a student and have enjoyed the process. As I noted in the "cons" section, it used to be difficult and confusing to set up your course access, but this appears to be fixed now. Once you had your course access set up, the rest was smooth sailing.I am currently testing Teachable out from the instructor side. I have a couple of courses in development and Teachable is a contender for a hosting platform. So far it seems relatively easy to use and fairly priced. If I go with Teachable as an instructor, I will update my review to further reflect my experience.

- easy to students to use - no cost on the student side

In the past, accessing courses was difficult (this looks to be fixed now)

Oliver

Used to be a lot better

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Very easy to set up courses, videos load fast and uptime is high

All additional features added within the past 2 years have made the software less user friendly on the backend. Difficult dealing with customer support on lower tier plans.

Hanah
Freelance Writer in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Create Courses Quickly

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.

Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great platform, I wish there was a couple of extra features

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Teachable really can help new teachers who would like to start selling their lessons, as they provide a great free plan. After someone start earning some money can upgrade to the next plans, getting the advantage of great extra features. I hope that they won't change their free plan with adding more limitations, as many other services have done in the past.

I don't like the fact that many features are available only via the Zippier integration. That means, you need an extra tool to learn and you need am extra service to pay every month. At least, teachable should be able to let professionals create 2-3 upsell options, and more importantly to give the the ability to create membership plans for their courses, with a trial period that automatically would upgrade to the standard pricing plan. Now someone needs to duplicate the course, create two separate pricing plans, integrate with Zapier and create a route where when someone pass the trial period, zappier will delete him from one source and then enrolling him to the other. Too complicated.