Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Teachable

Maak je eigen cursuswebsite en regel je branding, studentgegevens, berichten en prijsstelling allemaal vanaf één plek.

Meer informatie over Teachable

119 reviews worden weergegeven

Sarah C.
The Ideas Girl
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Fantastic Learning Platform for Online Courses"

Opmerkingen: The Teachable Tribe (Facebook Community) are inspiring as they share their success stories and they're super supportive with any queries you might have and the free training Teachable offers through emails and webinars is second to none. Overall Teachable is a great platform - it looks professional and is easy to use, so you can get started straight away!

Pluspunten: I love that with Teachable you are guided through how to build your school in the dashboard intuitively. You can upload course materials with ease and remain confident that your students will find it easy to navigate through your programme and that the finished result will look really professional. The landing pages to promote each course are easy to complete and customise and they load well.

Minpunten: There really isn't anything I dislike about Teachable, it's perfect for online courses and programmes.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Baidhurya M.
Online Course Consultant
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019

"The most beginner friendly online course platform"

Pluspunten: Teachable offers all the essential features one needs to create and deliver an online course. The platform is super easy to use and it allows you to get started quickly. The pricing is beginner friendly and they even have a free plan.

Minpunten: Teachable's website building capabilities are really limited at this point. So, unlike their competitors, they don't offer site themes and the page builder has limited customization options as well.

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Zeb S.
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-10-2020

"HQ Video or Global Customers find another platform"

Opmerkingen: At first it was good overall. Given the first and third issue above I'm moving to another platform ASAP, I hope this review helps inform others before making a choice.

Pluspunten: The payment gateway and ease of setting up courses. It is easy to get started and the onboarding example courses and content was very helpful.

Minpunten: This is a new con for me. Teachable no longer has unlimited video file size! They used to market unlimited, but that changed to under 4GB if I remember correctly and now they have a hard limit of 2GB. They made this change with NO NOTIFICATION to customers. My customers pay a lot for the content and we deliver 30min+ HD lectures, now we have to leave the platform. If you are thinking "Just use Vimeo to host" that is an extra $600/year to Vimeo to do that. My second issue is navigating the payment end is complicated when you have customers that forgot to add a coupon (especially for a subscription) or if a customer misses a payment there is very little you can do. Third, my customer based has grown significantly in EU. Our coaching or live lecture courses aren't required to collect VAT. Teachable collects it anyways and it's up to the customer to get their money back vs not charging them in the first place.

• Beoordeeld op 3-10-2020
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018

"I host video training courses on Teachable and love their platform."

Opmerkingen: Teachable allows me to quickly and easily organize my video course content in a logical manner. This makes course deployment simple and my courses still retain a professional look/feel.

Pluspunten: Teachable is very user friendly and they offer an intuitive user interface. They have features like drag and drop or duplicate that make creating training courses a breeze. I've used other course creation software and I find that Teachable is easier to understand. They also have a lot of documentation and offer support. Also, check out their facebook group...there's lots of valuable info exchanged there about course creation.

Minpunten: I'm on the basic plan and I think it's a little pricey, but I get it; they're in business to make money. I wish they had a plan between the free plan and the basic plan with less features than the basic as this would probably be a better fit for me.

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Quickest way to go online with your courses"

Opmerkingen: Overall experience with Teachable has been great. The UI and UX is soothing from both the views , as a teacher and as a student. Things are seamless and it takes no time to launch a course if you have your material ready.

Pluspunten: - Great UI and UX.
- Unlike WordPress, you don't have to plug-in several puzzles together to get the system working. Works fine out of the box.
- For those looking for more, they have provided ways to integrate with 3rd party applications.
- Teachable does all the heavy lifting by itself allowing you to focus on creating your course.

Minpunten: Pricing. They may want to look into an alternative pricing structure for teachers interested in few courses with limited no of students. As of now, someone with 100 courses and 10,000 students will pay the same fees as with some one with 5 courses and 500 students.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Hayley
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 30-7-2020

"I'd recommend this"

Opmerkingen: I love using Teachable, but have a lot of trouble getting others onboard to use it since it has less features than other programs.

Pluspunten: * I love how easy it is to make an online course
* I love having a branded course and they make it easy

Minpunten: * I don't like how every Teachable course looks identical minus the colour scheme and logo.
* I wish it wasn't so obvious I use Teachable over other softwares

• Beoordeeld op 30-7-2020
Linda B.
Executive Director/Food Safety Consultant
  • Beoordeeld op 28-2-2018

"Fantastic platform for online schools."

Opmerkingen: I was able to create my own online school, website, landing pages and payment portal with ease. I highly recommend Teachable .

Pluspunten: Easy to set up, very reasonably priced and great tutorials and advice for marketing your courses. If you have online curriculum you'd like to share with the world, this is a very seamless process.

Minpunten: Unable to add HTML features within the curriculum itself. They do not do any marketing (like Udemy), whereas they would market globally and the school owner would get a smaller percentage of the sales. I think this is good for reaching a larger audience.

• Beoordeeld op 28-2-2018
Senior Engineer
Muziek, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018

"Some Important Features Missing but Great Customer Service"

Opmerkingen: Teachable has solved the problem I was having using self-hosted WordPress with WooCommerce's suite of very expensive plugins that are continually updated with breaking changes that they often had to be resolved by tinkering with PHP code. Having my school hosted in the cloud takes care of all of the software and security headaches. I do feel bad leaving a lukewarm review for the product, as the customer service is extraordinarily nice and has bent over backwards to help me overcome some of the limitations. Also worth noting that perhaps my situation is unique, in that I am mostly using Teachable as sort of online school with content from other authors, as opposed to just being a place for me to sell my own courses without involving anyone else. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a platform that's super-focused on creating your own online school with multiple teachers (or is there?), so Teachable is getting the job done, but I regret not having done a bit more research on the front end, as some other solutions might have offered me more of what I was looking for.

Pluspunten: * Customer Service
* Ease of use
* Pretty nice admin interface
* Although there is not much you can do to theme your school without getting into code, what they have out of the box is pretty tasteful in terms of typography and layout

Minpunten: * No built-in contact form capabilities, and I don't know that you could code your own (if you're tech savvy enough), so that leaves you with a cheesy free embed form that will have someone else's branding on it, or paying at least $10 a month for a white-labeled contact form. I mean, what sort of paid online school doesn't have a "Contact Us" page with a form (as opposed to just an email address)?
* Hefty fees if you want to have payments automatically sent out to other authors automatically (wish I knew this before I signed up!).
* No ability to sell gift certificates without going through a very manual convoluted process

• Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018
Brandi V.
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-9-2020

"Disaster"

Opmerkingen: Horrible, frustrating and a huge waste of a lot of time. Added so much more work for me to do when the point of having the software was to save me time.

Pluspunten: Well, when I started I liked the idea of drip content for my students weekly lessons - BUT, it doesn't work properly so I can't say I liked anything about the Teachable software.

Minpunten: Constant Problems
The software constantly has glitches and major problems. My students have problems getting in, links do not work and have to be sent several times. My classes receive emails from other classes/courses that don't apply to their course at all.
Don't get me started on Customer Service. UGH! They replay in a decent amount of time - with a bunch of work for YOU the person paying to use their platform to read through, problem solve and basically try to figure out why THIER platform is not working properly.
For most of us we pay for a platform like this to cut down on the workload we have! Not create EXTRA work! I have spent so much time doing Teachables job that I rather create a damn Facebook group page for free and post the video learning and tutorials there. Or build it into my own website.
I can't even use their merchant services as they have asked for my tax info literally 30+ times. I sent it to them the first 10 times and just said forget it and have my student pay through our business system.
Wast of money and a HUGE waste of time.

• Beoordeeld op 7-9-2020
Peter C.
Proprietor
  • Beoordeeld op 30-5-2019

"I love Teachable"

Opmerkingen: I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Pluspunten: Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

Minpunten: I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

• Beoordeeld op 30-5-2019
Gabriele A.
Mental Coach
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021

"Eccellente sotto ogni aspetto"

Opmerkingen: L'esperienza generale è più che soddisfacente un 9/10.

Pluspunten: Semplicità, funzioni e possibilità di espansione per e-learning (modularità dei corsi).
Indubbiamente una delle migliori piattaforme esistenti per la creazione di elearning.

Minpunten: Prezzi non sempre vantaggiosi sui piani più alti, alcune funzionalità non sono disponibili (es. checkout via PayPal) nei piani base e intermedio ma solo nel più costoso, mancanza di drag&drop nella creazione del corso.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021
Yadah K.
Business Owner, Trainer
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 25-4-2020

"They Have Good Resources"

Opmerkingen: Initially I was dazzled by Teachable. As I got more into my business and researched, and the more teachable updated and changed their plans and options, the more I realised that there are better options out there. The resources are still good, but they focus very much on the 'overnight success' model that tends to burn most entrepreneurs out.

Pluspunten: You can change the colour scheme to for your brand.
There is a white label option to ensure all branding is yours and only yours.
You can use your own domain.
Video hosting is done directly on Teachable, so no need to figure out embedding etc from other sites.
You can add quizzes and tests to your online courses.
You can add resources and PDFs for your students.
It's possible to add add-ons for additional income on courses, and also bundle courses together.
They offer many free courses and resources to help the budding online teacher.

Minpunten: There is no middle ground between the starter plan and next plan - it's expensive for the starter plan compared to other course platform options with hardly any of the perks the others offer.
The promise of being able to fully customise your school is negated by the very real fact that you HAVE to be able to 'code' to do so, taking away from the ease of use.
The quizzes available are restricted to multiple choice or true and false - students aren't able to upload assignments and there is also no room for free flow questions.

• Beoordeeld op 25-4-2020
Gian angelo D.
Copywriter & Marketing Strategist
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2019

"A Giant in Online Courses"

Opmerkingen: Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option. It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great! Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

Pluspunten: It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable. You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch! You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

Minpunten: It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material. While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers. One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

• Beoordeeld op 27-5-2019
Business Coach
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-9-2020

"I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!"

Opmerkingen: I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

Pluspunten: For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

Minpunten: The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

• Beoordeeld op 19-9-2020
Steve P.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-4-2018

"A great online course platform that's improving all the time"

Pluspunten: My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

Minpunten: The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

• Beoordeeld op 21-4-2018
Stefanos E.
Cloud consultant
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020

"Teachable review"

Opmerkingen: Teachable was one of the first online learning platforms which I got introduced to. I am now using it for creating courses of folk and traditional dances and distribute these courses to people all over the world.

Pluspunten: Teachable provides sufficient course creation, marketing and analytics tools even in its free pricing plan. It also allows for full branding of the online course pages by utilizing custom HTML/CSS.

Minpunten: Since this is a hosted service, it is good to know that Teachable is managing everything for the creator but at the same time there is not much transparency as to which and how many resources (server CPU power, memory, network bandwidth, CDN) are being utilized. In my opinion, if this information was included in each pricing plan, the creators would be able to better match their course creation requirements with actual hardware resource levels.

• Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020
  • Beoordeeld op 24-7-2021

"Decent and reliable platform but needs feature improvements"

Pluspunten: The user interface is intuitive but not that easy to use, pages take time to load. They keep adding new features regularly, I like the recently added limited period access so I can expire my free courses which is really helpful to make my student take action complete the course on time and upgrade to my higher offers if they desire. I love that Teachble provides unlimited students and courses/coaching plans even on the basic plan. Has teachable university to help with setting up the courses and coaching bundles, which is beneficial for beginners setting up their e-learning platform. If you do not want a lot of designing customization to your landing page using html etc, I have found the page builder via block elements easy to implement.

Minpunten: The web app crashes a lot when bulk uploading videos.
Cannot upload videos of size greater than 1.5 GB.
Have to pay heavy transction fee of 5% to teachable for each sale on the basic plan.

• Beoordeeld op 24-7-2021
Junior Associate
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2020

"Great teaching platform"

Opmerkingen: I use Teachable to create lessons and quizzes to test our clients on the knowledge of financial services

Pluspunten: What I like the most about this product is the ease of adding new chapters, creating quizzes and editing content.

Minpunten: What I like the least is that I have two accounts with Teachable and when I log in, it always tries to connect my other login in with the wrong account

• Beoordeeld op 23-2-2020
Filip N.
ceo
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019

"A complete LMS platform"

Opmerkingen: We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

Pluspunten: A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

Minpunten: The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019
Jessica A.
Educator
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

"It's a great platform for my course"

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

Pluspunten: I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

Minpunten: I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020
Cushi M.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-4-2021

"A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn"

Opmerkingen: It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

Pluspunten: I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

Minpunten: The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

• Beoordeeld op 17-4-2021
Robin F.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-2-2019

"Good in some areas. Poor in others."

Opmerkingen: Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

Pluspunten: The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

Minpunten: I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

• Beoordeeld op 22-2-2019
Gil K.
Coach
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-6-2021

"Best video course platform!"

Opmerkingen: The price is very reasonable, it's a great platform to build amazing video courses!

Pluspunten: The platform looks super professional, it's very easy to create professional and high-quality video courses for online clients.

Minpunten: I would add an option to create a video course you don't really want to sell, just to send to registered customers. Also, the navigation on the website is pretty difficult.

• Beoordeeld op 20-6-2021
Openbare veiligheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-2-2020

"Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Pluspunten: I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Minpunten: Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

• Beoordeeld op 27-2-2020
Mike C.
Business Owner
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 6-2-2021

"The Grass is Not Always Greener"

Opmerkingen: Teachable allows me to run a great online school - and to do so with much of the functionality in one package. I do opt to substitute my own website and email automation (WordPress and Active Campaign) but I use their eCommerce payment platform and feel very confident. I have often wondered about switching but never have found an alterative that does not offer better than an alternative set of compromises.

Pluspunten: Teachable is easy to use and does everything I need it to - and mostly very well. I also like that the company behaves ethically. The user experience for my students is excellent and the all-in one package makes it very easy for me.

Minpunten: There are a few little niggles. Not a great mobile solution (but perfectly adequate) and the text editor in the course builder is low on capabilities for formatting beyond the basics (Tables? Not so much). And the placement of toolbars and save buttons is frustrating.

• Beoordeeld op 6-2-2021