Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Fluxx Grantmaker

Fluxx Grantmaker maakt het maken van subsidies en impactrapportage eenvoudig. Vraag vandaag nog een demo aan.

Meer informatie over Fluxx Grantmaker

I liked that we could save our work and come back later.

Beoordelingen van Fluxx Grantmaker

3,9
3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Fluxx Grantmaker heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 79 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Fluxx Grantmaker eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (79)

Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

The best GMS on the market

5,0 vorig jaar

Not only is this easily configurable and will scale with our organization, but the UI is simple and the feature-set is best in class. I could not imagine using a different product.

Nothing. It's amazing! The ease of implementation, functionality, and cost was the best out of all systems we evaluated.

Michelle
President and CEO in VS

Fluxx Review

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It has had its challenging moments but overall, the experience was good.

So far it is moving our old-school system of paper to an online system. It is allowing us to expand and reach more people and keep all the grantmaking information in one location.

The system itself has nice features and is fairly intuitive. I do think some features can be improved. The system itself is good, but I think that the sales team and the implementation team need to have better communications on what is possible in the system and exactly what it looks like to relay to potential customers. I think that even having implementation experts on sales phone calls with serious, potential customers is necessary. Sales gave me high expectations on what was capable in the system for the splitting of our foundation and scholarship programs, which are from completely separate entities. However, reality was different and it was frustrating for me and my team, but im sure also frustrating and challenging for those helping implement our product. Plus, sales didn't seem to realize the scope of our needs or ask the right questions initially. The implementation specialists realized the scope of our needs fairly quickly, and realized how different some needs were compared to what everyone initially thought, leading to a change order. I know all companies struggle with this to some degree, but it would be my biggest recommendation for company improvement for more satisfied customers. If we had not had the complexity of these two separate entities using the same software, the implementation would have been a total breeze for the foundation.

Ryan
Grants Officer in VS

CFSEM Fluxx Review

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The experience with iNet when we implemented in 2019 was less than ideal. After handing over the reigns to us, and we learned the administrative backend on our own, we quickly realized that the initial build of Fluxx was already unsustainable in the way it was structure. The documentation that was provided was less than ideal and was very little help. The training was also miserably lacking, as our whole staff would likely agree on. Fluxx was a step forward for us, as we have been using a legacy system may decades old, but the longer we used it, the more issues cropped up. The more I learned in the admin panel, the more I realized that the current setup was unsustainable and would eventually require a complete rebuild if we were to remain. We got very little help with that issue (about unsustainability) and little to no advice from Fluxx on how to proceed. We are getting by today, but as we add more programming we continue to struggle to fit things in our current setup. Not only is the setup an issue, the persistent issues with existing functionality, the bugs that arise and take a year to get fixed. Its been frustrating to say the least.

That it's cloud based, and helped our organization modernize.

The service, hands down. It takes days and weeks sometimes for tickets to be responded to. We've had tickets open for years that impact the usability and administration of the system. Tickets sent to engineering get lost in the void so much that its a common jest among the Fluxx user communities. I often have to reach a point of frustration where I am emailing our Fluxx representative before movement is made. And still, most often the response is that 'its with engineering'.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Ryan. Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. Our customer success team is aware of your concerns and will reach out to you shortly. We take pride in our customer service that other Fluxx users praise and want to find a path to resolution with you.

Tony
Executive Director, Fidelity Charitable Catalyst Fund in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers

Customization For the Win!

5,0 4 maanden geleden

-Ability to customize to meet our needs -Engaging staff to ensure our needs are met -Grantee portal -Improved UX -Understand the needs of foundation staff

-Sometimes get errors without clear explanations -Some tickets take longer than we'd like to get resolved

Matt
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers

Fluxx

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall very satisfied and would recommend to other organizations, but I still feel as though I'm just scratching the surface of what the system can do and figuring out things on my own that it would have been nice to be shown. Again, that's not to imply the implementation team didn't show me everything they could in the time we had. [sensitive content hidden] was spectacular, but he spent a long time building the system and answering questions and I would appreciate similar access to someone to bounce ideas off of as we iterate.

Our implementation lead ([sensitive content hidden]) was a joy to work with. He was very responsive and always able to understand our unique needs, working with me to come up with solutions to multiple idiosyncratic things about our process. The system is very user-friendly for grantees, and our employees are so far able to pick up their roles pretty quickly as well.

The training videos are utterly atrocious. Overwhelmingly long, boring, and maybe it's me, but they don't seem to help much if I have questions about how to actually do something. I also would appreciate more ongoing check-ins and support; I felt like I went from weekly meetings during implementation (which were super helpful but in no way could have really covered all possible scenarios) to no guidance at all and it's been a little overwhelming. The community and knowledge base are helpful resources, but sometimes a little too hard to narrow down. Sometimes when I open support tickets, it's obvious from the response that my initial message wasn't read thoroughly.

7 maanden geleden

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Fluxx has been heavily investing in and expanding our training team to release more comprehensive and engaging processes, resources, and best practices in the coming year. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team to learn more about what we are working on, and for any ongoing questions or assistance you may need. We have a whole team of CSMs who are dedicated to ensuring your long term success with Fluxx.

Marilyn
Senior Grants Manager in VS

Excellent Choice!

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Fluxx Grantmaker is a positive one. I love the Fluxx Community and the opportunities to network and learn. I like that they are open to users contributing to product ideas and having a say in future product development. As the grants manager, I am currently looking at ways to optimize our Fluxx instance. We recently received a 'site scan' through our customer success team and the chief development officer. We received a performance audit of our instance, a general facelift of our user interface, and received recommendations for improvements. It is opportunities such as this, to collaborate with Fluxx, that I appreciate.

The most exciting thing about Fluxx is the user interface. I've been using this system for about seven years and still get excited every time I log in. Fluxx is easy to use, customizable, mostly configurable, and has tons of features and available integrations to tap into.

I do not like the ad-hoc report feature. I wish there was a simpler way to identify and add fields to reports; 'hunting and pecking' for the fields you need is a time waster. I also don't like that product update releases sometimes 'break' something that was working before the release and then have to wait for customer support to fix it.

Marci
Director of Operations in VS

Flexible Grants Management

4,0 2 jaar geleden

What I like most about Fluxx is that changes to the live process or forms can be made on-the-fly. This is very helpful for us as a new foundation still iterating on really everything to do with our grantmaking cycle. Another thing I like is that the company really does listen to its user community, incorporating our ideas into their updates.

What I like least aboutFluxx is that it's capability is deep, but there isn't a good way to tap into all that is available. When we set up the system, the implementation folks map the Fluxx system to your current process without really sharing what is available/possible. So now that we are changing our processes, there could be features that we could use but we don't even know what is available. Also, there is a lot that can be done with liquid code, but if you aren't fluent in liquid, there really aren't any resources to help except for other users who are busy with their own jobs.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Marci, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. Fluxx is a powerful tool that can grow with you, wherever that growth takes you. Your customer support team is here to guide you through the changes you should make to your system to best support your latest needs. Please contact them for help!

Kimberleigh
Director of Grants Administration & Program Officer in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Incredible tools and functionality, lots of set up!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Fluxx is incredibly customizable. We were able to build and implement grant processes that reflect our values and the desired relationship we want to create with grantees and applicants, rather than needing to create workarounds based on an out-of-the-box or one-size-fits-all system. The connected data structure mirrors the relationship-oriented way we work and makes it very easy for members of our staff to move through the network of grantees and applications. Complex reporting tools are available and there are many features and integrations to experiment with and refine our processes so it can improve from year to year. Additionally, there is a strong Fluxx community to rely on with questions about those features or ways of maximizing the impact of Fluxx.

Shifting from an out-of-the-box GMS to Fluxx meant that we weren't prepared for the amount of work it would be to set up, build, and maintain Fluxx. Some back end tools like document and email templates require strong knowledge of liquid code. Staff members who are not fluent in Fluxx can't design their own reports, for example, because of how complex reporting in Fluxx is (the knowledge of backend field names is required, as well as understanding the relationships between models). Operating Fluxx, though it results in strong report, a flexible workflow, and lots of customization, is a heavier lift for the grants team and required new staff hires with past Fluxx experience. Additionally, the support team, though thoughtful and helpful in the moments when something goes wrong, is not available to brainstorm solutions, just solve problems. It would be helpful to be able to consult with someone inside of Fluxx when we have questions about new features or tools that could benefit us, rather than needing to seek that out from the community or pay for an additional contract.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Kimberleigh, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. Please note that your customer success team is here to help you get all the value from your Fluxx GMS. They will guide you through steps you can take to adjust your configuration to your current needs that will change regularly. It actually one of the benefits of Fluxx: your system can grow with you, wherever that growth takes you.

Maheva
Programme coordinator in Denemarken
Duurzaamheid en milieu, 11-50 werknemers

Good grnt management tool but steep learning curve

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mostly positive. There is a great community that provide a lot of support and help in getting to learn the product. The product itself is very flexible and offer a lot of possibilities to custom it so that it fits our needs. However, it requires some time and energy to learn how to administrate it properly, especially when you are a small team (like ours)

This product is very flexible and offer a lot of opportunities to custome it if you have the skills and time for it

There is a steep learning curve. In addition, it is sometime necessary to re-adjust some settings after an product update release, which might be frustrating

2 jaar geleden

Dear Maheva, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. We are hearing your concerns and are thriving to constantly improve our processes to get you the support you need. If you have any issue, please contact your customer success manager to find a path to resolution.

Stephen
Stephen
Foundation Manager in Nieuw-Zeeland

Super Flexible Grantmaking System

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to streamline our operations considerably with Fluxx, so that our standard workflow can be operated by one person, and the quality of the generated reports taken to our Board is exceptional. The flexibility is so great that it can be a challenge to know when to stop refining processes! Having got to this stage, however, it means we can concentrate more on higher-level concerns like outcome reporting, equity issues, and community engagement.

The positive experience started from the beginning: the onboarding process. The onboarding team helped guide us through organising all the exported data from our old system and mapping it into the new structure. I learned that there is no "default" setup - everything was set up from scratch to match our desired workflow and existing data. As we have grown and needed to make changes to our grants programmes, we have customised Fluxx more and more to our particular needs. The majority of this we have been able to do ourselves or with the help of the active and helpful Fluxx community from around the world. There is a huge amount of knowledge and goodwill on the Fluxx community forum, there are local user groups, and an annual Fluxxcon conference. The Fluxx community is well supported by the company (dedicated member of staff) and by far the quickest way to get help when needed. Fluxx's Advanced Services team are available to take on bigger customisation projects, but we have not needed to use them (yet). Another stand-out for me about the product is that you can modify the system using (limited) lower-level coding in a reporting language called Liquid HTML, and its underlying language Ruby. This opens up possibilities for incredible customisation of reporting, workflow, external data access, and processing.

From the beginning I realised "there is no manual". Yes, there is documentation within the help-desk system and this is growing over time, but it tends to be task-based rather than actually describing the interface and what everything does. Support is sketchy at times. There is often better information and help from the rest of the global community than from the Helpdesk; over time, too many of my bug reports have gotten stuck at "With Engineering" and not resolved. Offsetting the support issues is the way that Fluxx provides levels of certification for users and admins, though online courses. These appear to be valuable conduits for product knowledge and good practice. Recently, Fluxx has locked down some of the things that we used to be allowed to do with Ruby programming within the system. Thankfully, they listened to users' voices and have allowed some more flexibility than they were planning, but the net effect has been that it takes some more time and effort to learn the programming environment and to implement features using it. The cost is quite considerable, about 1.5% of our granting budget. This could be prohibitive for grant-makers smaller than we are. We feel we get good value for this.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Stephen, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. We are hearing your concerns and are thriving to constantly improve our processes to get you the support you need.

Veronique
Project Accelerator in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Versatile but complex software

3,0 2 jaar geleden

The functionality of the software is huge.

Fluxx takes an inordinate amount of training to grasp its full functionality. The system is complex and I have not found it to be intuitive, as evidenced by the multitude of basic questions exchanged in Fluxx Users' General Digest weekly email. Most of the higher functionality of the system requires quasi programming knowledge and small errors can result in huge disruptions to the system. As a result, our organization has not used the platform to its full capacity, and because of its complexity, employees turn to their Admin for information rather than use the system themselves (grant management support is a small fraction of the work we do). Overall, Fluxx is NOT user friendly either for admins or grantees and I see its value only in supporting large grant-making organizations with dedicated staff, who use this platform on a daily basis, and have the capacity to fully leverage its versatility. As Fluxx programs are customized for each client, I've seen organizations having to produce their own 10 page booklet to instruct grantees how to use the system, which speaks to both its complexity of use and to the lack of templated training guides. Any enquiry from the help desk takes a few days for resolution, and charges are quickly presented for more personalized help.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Veronique, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. Fluxx was built to empower changemakers to meet their specific needs and we provide our users with best practices to guide them towards an optimal use of their system. Virtually any change in Fluxx can be made through configuration and more advanced coding is to the system what macros are to excel: available if you want it, not required if you don't. You have multiple resources at your disposal to navigate the power of Fluxx: Knowledge base, support, user community and your customer success team is always here to help.

Adriana

Streamlines Operations and Supports Bigger-Picture Organizational Goals

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fluxx has streamlined our work while supporting our goals of increased learning and collaboration. We selected the system for its workflow- and cloud-based platform, flexibility, third-party integration, and community-focused business model. Thanks to workflows and intuitive searches/design, everyone on staff (not just grants management) works in the system on a regular basis, which has helped "democratize" our grantmaking data and add transparency to our processes.

-accessible from anywhere (there's a mobile app); real-time updates -robust grantee portal; grantees can submit edits on their proposals/reports as many times as needed -non-grants (such as PRIs, contracts, and projects) can also be incorporated into the system, so that everything is in one place -workflows, forms, and templates are SUPER easy to customize and tweak -with third-party integration we can connect the system to any other datasets or platforms for other needs

Some of the more transactional elements of Fluxx are less intuitive (such as understanding the names of fields, or setting up funding sources). This could just be a training issue, but the company is still a start-up so their training materials/opportunities are somewhat limited. (That said, there is a Fluxx Community portal where users exchange tips and best practices, so a lot of materials can be found there from other users).

Patrick

Very customizable product

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using it for a long time and in general my team likes it and the grantees can navigate it.

I love the customization - it is easy to make changes to forms and processes. It is also fairly intuitive for non-tech staff and grantees to use.

You do need someone on staff that is familiar with the product to be able to really utilize it, especially when it comes to reporting. The easy customization means you can create a frankenstein's monster if you aren't thoughtful about changes. Some features, like the reviewer portal, feel undersupported.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Patrick, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. Fluxx is a powerful system that indeed lets you make the configurations that best fit your needs. Our team is happy to look at your system and recommend best practices that other users are using. Please contact your customer success manager at any time.

Mat
Grants Manager in Nieuw-Zeeland

Fluxx grantmaker

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Great card system. Can follow grants through the process. Great visibility of grants for grantees.

Not very intuitive system. Some grantees struggle with it esp having to push submit and save all the time. Quite complicated to make changes in the system. Sometimes poor system support - takes time for solutions.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Mat, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. We are hearing your concerns and are thriving to constantly improve our processes to get you the support you need. Also, please contact your customer success team to get assistance making changes to your system. Fluxx was built to empower users to make adjustments as their needs evolve, we can halp!

Elizabeth
Portfolio & Investment Manager in VS
Privé- en risicokapitaal, 11-50 werknemers

Underwhelming

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've largely been underwhelmed with Fluxx. I wish we had gone with another platform. It feels a bit too late now for my grantmaking purposes but I'm not recommending other teams at my organization to start using it. I would not give a positive reference if another grantmaker asked me about it.

Automatic notifications; reporting functionality

Not grantee centric - their portal looks very basic and does not match the grantmaker experience - this is concerning and reflects a damaging power imbalance between funder and grantee. The customer support from Fluxx is pretty bad. We've been left hanging a few times and didn't have a formal transition from one account holder to another. Not the professionalism we expect. Our instance seems to break semi-regularly.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community. We are hearing your concerns and our customer success team will reach out to find a path to resolution.

Jennifer
Project Manager in VS

Valuable but challenging software

4,0 2 jaar geleden

The software is very customizable. It allows for us to customize to the type of grantmaking we do and tracking information that is most important to us and stakeholders.

The biggest challenges include: poor user interface/experience, complicated admin panel/set-up recurring extensive knowledge of the software and database administration, does not allow for common grantmaking needs (i.e. external report review, impact tracking, etc.).

2 jaar geleden

Dear Jennifer, thank you for your feedback and being a valued member of the Fluxx community. We are constantly adding new features and capabilities to address the most pressing needs our user community surfaces and are confident your concerns will be met in the near future.

Lily
Director of Grants Management in VS
Filantropie, 51-200 werknemers

Amazing product led by amazing people

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Wonderful. I have known the folks at Fluxx for about a decade. They are a pleasure to work with and care about the success of their clients.

The user experience is excellent. Fluxx is a clean, workflow oriented tool with many functions and capabilities.

It is capable of doing many things which makes it hard to know what functions are best to release to internal and external stakeholders.

Ben
Finance Business Partner in VK
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

A very powerful data management software system that continues to improve

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fluxx forms the central part of our day to day data and grant management process. After initially requesting a much more complicated process flow we shifted to a streamline version shortly after launch. The system is clear, user friendly and easy to manage. Functionality and ease of use continue to improve as new features are added.

The customisability of the product allows it to be easily setup to meet the individual needs of foundations depending on their internal processes. Fluxx responds to the needs of its users and new features that aid reporting. Being able to share pre-setup dashboards, makes it easy for programme staff to see and manage their grants while management know that everyone is seeing information in the same format aiding comparability.

The customisable nature means there is a temptation to over complicate; the lesson we learned is make the processes as simple as possible and add features as they are needed rather than trying to make it all things to all people.

Sandra Vimbai
Director of Operations in VS
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers

A great platform that transformed our grant making processes.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Great platform that allows you to customize your experience more than any other platform we have tried. The ability to do a lot of the customization yourselves The crowd based approach allows you to benefit from other customizations and vice versa Real time updates

The development cycle can sometimes feel a bit long as product updates pushes collectively. Creating new report types in the admin end is still a bit complex.

Amy
Grant Program Administrator in VS

I love Fluxx

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Fluxx. It's elegant, powerful, and intuitive. The people (that work there) are really great too--nice, enthusiastic, and committed (and smart).

I love how the cards work, and the customizable dashboards. The way the whole things is set up is really unique and functional (and beautiful). I do a lot of my "reporting" now just by filtering a card. The website-esque reviewer portal is great too.

Because it's so customizable, it is a lot to learn (if you want to make back-end changes after you launch your version of Fluxx). A less customizable product would probably be simpler to make changes to, but it would also be more limited. So this is less of a con, and more of a reality that you should consider when making your choice.

Molly
Manager, Program Operations in VS
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers

Overall good tool but difficult/time consuming to get started

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our implementation team was very inexperienced and under supported. It took a lot for Fluxx to address the issue which added months to our initial timeline for roll out. In the end the tool is working well for us but took significantly more time then we anticipated when we initiated the process.

Overall Fluxx does what we need it to do and can be customized SO much for our various situations which is great!

I was there was more ease of collaboration, co editing documents for example would be huge.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Molly, thank you for trusting Fluxx for your grantmaking. Please note that your feedback has been taken seriously and we have revamped our onboarding process to make it quick and easy.

Emerson
Director of Grants Administration in VS

Director of Grants Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not much experience, only used for less than two years.

User-friendly interface and the ability to integrate with our accounting software.

What happens behind the scenes of the software.

2 jaar geleden

Dear Emerson, thank you for your feedback and for being a valued member of the Fluxx community.

Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Great, affordable, easy tool for grant management!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Fluxx has allowed us to automate more processes and keep better track of a growing work load.

Fluxx is very user friendly, both for folks in our office and people we are collaborating with. It has plenty of features without being overwhelming like some other tools.

I really can't complain! It's not the fanciest, but that's actually helpful in not including a bunch of features that we don't use or understand well.

Heather
Assistant Director, Grants and Investments in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Fluxx is an innovative and dynamic system that truly lives up to its mission.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We were able to streamline workflows and find ways to make the application process easier for our grantees. It's also helpful to have the full lifecycle of the grant available in one location that can be accessed from anywhere.

The flexibility of the system and ability to tailor it to the organization's needs is amazing. It is also extremely helpful to have an internal portal as well as a grantee and reviewer portal within the system.

Sometimes setting up features on the back end can be difficult for someone without a technical background.

Kim
Vice President in VS

Fluxx is worth it

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are solving remote office grantmaking inefficiencies with Fluxx Grantmaker. And it has gone incredibly well.

It makes the grantmaking process very transparent.

The intial build is a lot of work but its worth it in the end for the great system that is developed.