It works and then there is the confetti

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2018
Kristina B.
Senior Conservation Associate
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Better conversion rate on email signups, flexible design and scheduling of popups - confetti when users sign up.

Pluspunten: This is a good freemium platform for making email signups on your website happen in an attractive way. It has surely led to more conversions for us. For free software it has great features and lots of options, we've all been on the site with too many annoying popups. You can choose that route here or dial back and customize it to the look of your site. The very very best thing is you can make confetti swirl on the user's screen when they sign up. Its magical.

Minpunten: No complaints. If I want to do more with pop-ups than email sign-ups I will look into the more advanced features.

van Privy op 12-6-2018

Thanks Kristina! Glad you love Privy!

We use privy to collect email addresses online.

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018
Danielle M.
President/CEO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the integration with Shopify and MailChimp. This makes address collection pretty easy. There is more functionality that we haven't utilized.

Minpunten: I had a bad experience recently when I tried to find out the URL that my sign-ups were coming from.

van Privy op 20-4-2018

Hey Danielle - thanks for the review!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had trying to find out what URLs your signups were coming from.

I'll shoot you a separate email to help you with that.

Josh from Privy

It's been a great addition!

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018
Elizabeth S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Perfect for email sign up!

Pluspunten: Every website should have pop ups either for subscribing to e-mail list or announcing sales and promotions. Privy has been a great addition to my website, super easy to use and set up. Highly recommend!

Minpunten: Wish there were more customization options, like fonts or a way to use your own fonts. Otherwise it's great!

van Privy op 27-3-2018

Thanks Elizabeth!

Glad to hear you're loving Privy.

There are actually a bunch of font options available and if you're on our commerce plan or higher you can install custom fonts.

Can't say enough about this company and its CEO. The tool is awesome, powerful and simple to use.

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2018
Director of Business Development
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love that the popups are so fully customizable. I didn't get that with Hellobar and alternatives. I love that the company is transparent. I've seen the CEO on chat so many times and he is awesomely helpful!

Minpunten: The integration with my ESP has been dodgy a couple times, but that could be on the other end, not Privy's.

Didn't work well for me

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2018
Kelly R.
Store Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software did not work out well for me at all and I would not recommend it to others

Pluspunten: It is easy to use like most products out there. I thought it was going to be a good idea at first and the interface is easy to use. Maybe it works better for those in industries other than mine but I found it mediocre.

Minpunten: The pop ups were starting to annoy my customers coming in to the site so I took the popup feature down. I felt it was actually hindering my small business website's growth. I gave it 1 star for Value due to the fact that it was deterring customers.

van Privy op 11-1-2018

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the feedback and for trying Privy. It appears that you're using another pop up provider now, so i hope it works better for you.

In taking a quick peek at your account, it looks like in your free plan you could have adjusted down the frequency of the pop up to once or once a week and maybe made some other tweaks to make it more effective. Probably worth trying on your current set up as well to not annoy frequent visitors.

Best of luck!

Josh from Privy

Finally, a website visitor conversion tool that really works!

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2018
Fernando j G.
Regional Business Development Director
Professionele training en coaching, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Creating a site conversion campaign has never been so easy! Privy takes you by the hand and guides you through the setup process in a very friendly way. You can definitely creat a campaign in minutes. Integrating the tool into your website is really easy, so easy you don't actually need to be an expert. Changing, updating or inactivating a campaign is also very easy. In the dashboard, you can see how your campaigns are doing in just a glance. Although the free subscription is limited, it offers great features for startups, like unlimited campaigns and signups, which is actually the main reason to use a tool like Privy. Integration with email service providers is also available in the free plan, and the process is very easy. The Customer Support is trully great. Privy shows to be compromised to deliver the best experience at every level of the process.

Captures Attention

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018
Brittany V.
VP Sales
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great for building an email list and getting sales to go through on your site because of coupon offerings!

Pluspunten: This is a great tool for capturing your customer's attention before they're about to leave your Shopify store. I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon. So obviously this tactic works well. I definitely think anyone needs this tool if they have an online store
It's very customizable to your needs and design. And it's great for analytics. Very user-friendly and easy to setup with Shopify, like most add-ons.

Minpunten: I mean it's a pretty straight forward software. Maybe more catered to smaller businesses rather than large companies.

Good for Marketing

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Amber F.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Great for store site popups, with tones of features and designs.

Minpunten: Free version has a logo on popup and not all features are free.

van Privy op 16-8-2019

Thanks for the review and for using Privy!

Awesome Tool for Growing Your Email List

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2019
Customer Development Representative
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Privy has helped me grow my email list and so I am happy with this software.

Pluspunten: I like the spin the wheel and gamified lead-opt in options. Privy sends me an updated email everyday on the status of my campaigns. I like the personal update. It is also easy to install on your website and to customize the forms and campaigns.

Minpunten: I wish there was a little bit more aesthetically pleasing default templates for the lead opt-in. More variety in font options would be great too.

van Privy op 2-4-2019

Thanks for the review!

Great addition to any website

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018
Tracey B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Privvy has changed so much for our mail chimp email newsletter list. It’s so nice that customers can easily see a pop up when they visit the site and sign up right then and there.

Pluspunten: Privvy was so easy to set up, add to our website and connect to mail chimp.

Minpunten: I love everything about it, it’s hard to think of a con.

Perfect For Getting New Email Subscribers

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Senior Director of Ecommerce
Kleding en mode, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Excellent, very happy with this software.

Pluspunten: This is a simple app to install on Shopify Plus, and helped my business grow our email subscriber list.

Minpunten: There is nothing to dislike, I'm a fan of it and have installed it on all of my Shopify sites.

van Privy op 25-3-2019

Thanks for the review and choosing Privy!

Flexible and easy

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018
Daniel S.
Co Founder, Head of Marketing and Product
Kleding en mode, 13-50 werknemers

Pluspunten: - Like that it integrates with Shopify and Mailchimp
- I like that I can set triggers for when it pops up and easily design new campaigns to test them

Minpunten: THere are no cons that I can think of. We have a pretty simple use case on our website and it does the job.

After using multiple different list growth tools... Privy is finally the one I've settled on.

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2017
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Over 3000 emails captured in just under a month and optimized the most effective way to do this because of their reporting system and AB testing.

Pluspunten: Great features cover all scenarios you want to test and use for acquring emails. The dashboard and reporting is great too. Very feature heavy, I don't even use most of the features they offer.

Minpunten: A little pricey when you don't really need to use some of the features they offer. Also would like the ability to better organize the campaigns in date order.

van Privy op 20-12-2017

Thanks for the review!

These Pop-ups Make Some Money!

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2019
Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like this software because it works and makes sales. If you set it up to match your website and branding, it can seriously convert potential sales into real ones.

Minpunten: I feel like they purposely make the trial difficult to operate so you have to upgrade your account to the next level. Also, this system does overlap sometimes with the way your email client will run if you are just using it for Abandoned Cart popups.

Fantastic Software with instant results!

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016
Brandon L.
Owner/Designers
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We went from 1-2 signups a month to about 10 a day almost instantly with Privy's products that integrate seamlessly with our Shopify

Pluspunten: Ease of use, instant results we get, and the price is great! Integrates perfectly with Shopfiy

Minpunten: Nothing I can think of

Cool Tool, Way too Spendy

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Brionne G.
Associate Digital Graphic Designer
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This tool is pretty easy to learn and the sleek interface makes it easy to find the tools you are looking for, whether it's options to customize your pop-up, connecting your MailChimp account, etc.

Minpunten: It's way too expensive. Competitors offer the same features for a fraction of the price. I also like that it doesn't automatically update your email list, you have to manually export contacts from Privy to MailChimp. Maybe it does it automatically if you upgrade your account.

van Privy op 11-10-2018

Hey Brionne,

Thanks for your review on Capterra! Glad to hear that for the most part you are enjoying Privy. In terms of syncing your new subscribers over to Mailchimp, you can do that automatically on any of our plans. Just go to the automation step of any of your display campaigns, select Mailchimp and then choose which list you want it to sync to in your MC account.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Integrates with Shopify

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2018
Jenna S.
Videographer
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Setup was a snap with Shopify and MailChimp. Used the spin to win game to collect lots of email addresses and give customers something fun

Minpunten: Steep price upgrade to get to some really useful features. It would be hard as a small business to justify the expense. Doesn't work with Google Tag Manager on the free plan

My Privy Review

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2018
Oral T.
Business Owner
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used Privy for a long time, till the Google announces its pop-up policy.

Pluspunten: All the basic functionalities come free. Privy is one of the must-have tools for a start-up. It provides fun and easy way to collect emails from your website visitors.

Minpunten: Most of its tools are the pop-up type. This cause misunderstanding in Google algorithms. As a result of this, your website's Google search rankings could be decreased.

van Privy op 17-10-2018

Hi Oral!

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate it. You mentioned the Google mobile pop up penalty in your review so I wanted to share a video we did recently about how to easily use Privy while avoiding any penalties. Enjoy!

Great Program to Grow your List!

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2018
Robin C.
Author
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: So easy to use. Drag & drop feature is great. Love being able to test all my campaigns with a/b sending. Easy integration, even for those not tech-savy.

Pluspunten: EASY to use. Setup was seamless and almost did it itself. Quick. Ability to customize to fit your needs.

Minpunten: Having to pay for it? Seriously, I've been using this software for about 6 months and haven't had a problem that HELP couldn't solve almost instantly for me.

van Privy op 7-2-2018

Thanks for the review Robin!

Love this app. Very useful.

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018
Charles H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Like to be able to alert potential customers with deals in store and sign-ups to gather customer details for customer contact and future sales.

Minpunten: To date, no real cons for us. This app is very easy to use, has what we need for the time being and works well in getting customer's attention and information we use for sales.

van Privy op 27-6-2018

Thanks for the review Charles, glad you love it so far!

We LOVE Privy!

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Social Media Coordinator
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Privy has helped us increase our email subscribers to our weekly newsletter by 270%!!! We love privy and will absolutely continue to keep it on our website.

Minpunten: Nothing -- we love Privy, both the free version and the paid version are both wonderful.

van Privy op 7-3-2019

Thanks for the review and for choosing Privy!

Free Simple Lead Generation Software

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2016
Abigail N.
Social Media Specialist
Architectuur en planning, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: While searching for free landing pages, I stumbled upon Privy. I signup for the free plan because of it's integration with Mailchimp and Sendinblue. My goal was to create a landing page for an email course. The landing page design was easy but my first problem came in the form of the field options. Privy's free plan is similar to ONTRApages in the sense that the free plan only allows you to ask for the visitor's email. To get the visitors name or any other detail I had to upgrade. The only way to work around this without spending a dime was to connect privy to MailChimp and use Zapier to connect MailChimp to Hubspot CRM and Hubspot CRM to Clearbit using Zapier. This wouldn't work because MailChimp's free plan didn't allow automation and while Sendinblue had great automation, there is no Sendinblue-Hubspot CRM Zap. While Privy is a great free lead generation software, the free version would only be useful if the only field you need in your popups and landing page is the email field. Other than that, it plays nice with various email providers. I ended up playing with a bit of code and used Sendinblue's signup/subscription form to create a simple landing page, similar to MailChimp's signup form.

Great pop-up tool for email signups

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2018
Allison W.
Therapist
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to get started with first time email sign ups and syncs with my MailChimp lists automatically.

Minpunten: The website can be difficult to navigate sometimes when trying to find settings to customize my pop-up with.

Beautiful Popups and Lead Collection

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018
Julian A.
Marketing Intern
Consumentengoederen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Privy has a very easy to use setup and integrates seamlessly with Shopify. The popups look very good, and design is completely customizable. Many of the settings can be edited even with the free plan. This app can also integrate with MailChimp and other email marketing clients.

Minpunten: You must upgrade to remove Privy branding but that is totally understandable. Other than that, not really a downside I could find!

Avoid PRIVY, Design is bad

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2019
Luca G.
Bron: GetApp

Pluspunten: Few extra features, great support team---NO OTHER PROS -

Minpunten: Price is too high, software doesnt work well, design is garbage. Support stalled and billed me for the entire month when they said they would setup the pop ups for us.