Gemiddelde scores

4,4 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,3 /5

Over Lucidchart

Deze online diagramtoepassing maakt het eenvoudig om professionele diagrammen te creëren en te delen.

Meer informatie over Lucidchart

1.267 reviews worden weergegeven

Maciej K.
Product R&D Director
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-1-2021

"One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market"

Opmerkingen: Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine.
No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

Pluspunten: Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project.
I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard).
What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases.
Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

Minpunten: Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement.
Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

• Beoordeeld op 20-1-2021
Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2020

"Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features"

Opmerkingen: I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pluspunten: It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Minpunten: The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2020
Operations Manager
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-7-2019

"Makes Process Mapping Fun"

Opmerkingen: It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pluspunten: Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Minpunten: At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

• Beoordeeld op 27-7-2019
Jonathan C.
Lead Software Engineer
Computergames, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 5-7-2020

"Got charged over $350 for a single month after my free trial elapsed"

Opmerkingen: Terrible. I feel angry and used.

Pluspunten: It works. You can make a chart and they have a lot of options.

Minpunten: I hopped on lucid chart to make a few slides for the class I was teaching. I got about 30 minutes in before the paywall hit. I had already sunk a bunch of time into my diagram and wouldn't be able to use it if I didn't sign up for the free trial. The website says you'll be charged about $9/month per person. The class came and went. I was busy and soon forgot about the trial. When I checked my credit card statement I saw a charge for about $360 dollars. The charged me $90 per person for a team of 5 people, without me ever having done anything extra to specify this. This is just the defaults. Costly mistake. I'm super angry. I don't bring in a lot, and simply wanting a good slide for class turned this into a many hundred dollar mistake.

• Beoordeeld op 5-7-2020
Sarah N.
Instructional Designer
E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2021

"Workflow illustration"

Opmerkingen: It did take a while to get used to using Lucidchart... it's not super intuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. There are many features I don't believe I'm using, as I use it in a simplistic form to create workflow charts. I like the professional look of the objects and charts, and ability to customize. It's also great that an education account is available. I would recommend it over other flowchart tools I've used!

Pluspunten: I like how customizable it is to change the shapes, colors, gradient, etc. in order to make the flow chart look more professional or match branding colors. It has a much more professional look than other similar tools I've used, and I very much appreciate the ability to share and collaborate.

Minpunten: I wish a chart could be shared with others who do not have a Lucidchart account, but I've only been able to share with colleagues who have accounts as well. Alternatively I send a PDF of the chart to others for feedback (it works, but just slower and not as efficient). I've also had trouble in moving objects without moving the items they are linked to (there may be a way to change this, but I haven't found it yet).

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2021
Aaron C.
Lead Software Architect
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

"Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool."

Opmerkingen: Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams.
I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product.
I would highly recommend this product.

Pluspunten: 1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options.
2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options.
3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users.
4) Easily lock down access to documents.
5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from
6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Minpunten: 1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

• Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019
Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-9-2019

"Way better than visio!"

Opmerkingen: Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pluspunten: Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Minpunten: My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.

• Beoordeeld op 29-9-2019
Yasiru G.
DevOps Engineer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019

"Best Diagram tool while being the easiest, Lucid Chart"

Opmerkingen: As a whole Lucid chart is a really great tool which helps you to draw any diagram with ease and with the large amount of shapes and icons to be used in diagrams.

Pluspunten: I have used Lucid chart to draw from simple flow charts to very complex architecture diagrams. And Lucid chart never disappoint me. It has all the icons and tools needs for drawing all kinds of diagrams we draw day to day. Web app of Lucid chart is really smooth so can be used any where and any device I work with.

Minpunten: One problem I had with Lucid chart is when it comes to drawing connections with one component to another in a chart sometimes the automatic lines which are drawn is not as I want that lines lines to be and sometimes it's hard to change that too.

• Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019
Director of Marketing
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019

"What a GEM"

Opmerkingen: Love it. I use to use it in my previous job as a project manager to help visualize processes to customers and team members. I've used it now to create visual representations of processes and customer journeys and I love it.

Pluspunten: Creating workflows, swim lanes, customer journeys and graphic charts have never been easier. They offer templates that makes it easy to plug in your information, make a few edits, and share with a team!

Minpunten: Sometimes the arrows from one action box to the next get a bit wonky and crazy. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying sometimes.

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Director Of Technical Services
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019

"Great for Smaller Flowcharts"

Opmerkingen: Lucidchart is a great tool for small flowcharts and diagrams that are used during the documentation process.

Pluspunten: The free version is the perfect tool for those cases where you don't need a full-fledged Visio license. Incorporates nicely with Google Drive.

Minpunten: The number of symbols was limited at first, but that seems to be increasing. Page layout can be confusing until you get used to how the product handles.

• Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Elaine W.
Project manager
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2020

"Lucidchart"

Opmerkingen: Love the product now that i know some of the tricks and workarounds.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and provides a great process flow chart to utilize in new product/projects. Love the collaboration tools for team work.

Minpunten: Some functionality isn’t intuitive and works differently than other similar tools. While you’re able to share documents, collaboration could be improved.

• Beoordeeld op 2-11-2020
Business Process Optimization Engineer
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-9-2020

"One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!"

Opmerkingen: The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pluspunten: The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

Minpunten: The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

• Beoordeeld op 2-9-2020
Kishore K.
Student
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2016

"My Review after using Lucidchart."

Opmerkingen: I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations.
The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

Pluspunten: HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES:
- Org Charts
- Mind Maps
- BPMN
POWERFUL & EASY TO USE:
- Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx)
- Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost
- Dedicated support team to address your questions
BUILT FOR COLLABORATION:
- Real time collaboration
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control and revision history
- Group chat and comments
- Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites
SECURE & RELIABLE:
- All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption
- Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers
- 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers
- Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements
ROBUST FOR ADMINS:
- Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users
- Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation
- Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

Minpunten: I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

• Beoordeeld op 24-11-2016
Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-8-2019

"Beats Vizio Hands Down!"

Opmerkingen: I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pluspunten: The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Minpunten: There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

• Beoordeeld op 12-8-2019
Lee K.
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019

"Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!"

Opmerkingen: In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pluspunten: Pros First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Minpunten: Cons If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019