Lucidchart reviews

4,5 (1.734) Schrijf een review!

Over Lucidchart

Deze online diagramtoepassing maakt het eenvoudig om professionele diagrammen te creëren en te delen.

Meer informatie over Lucidchart

Being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. It integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

The Lucidchart layout feels a bit dated, like something a decade or two behind times. However, being this is the most frustrating thing about the software, I'll take it.

Beoordelingen van Lucidchart

Waar voor je geld

Lucidchart heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.734 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Lucidchart eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.736)

Daniel
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

best tool to brainstorm ideas as a team online!

5,0 5 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Rowan
Software developer in Nederland
Textiel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Gemakkelijk te gebruiken diagrammen software

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Over het algemeen een goeie ervaring. Vind het makkelijk in gebruik

Makkelijk in gebruik, meeste diagrammen zijn ook makkelijk te vinden. Heeft detectie om componenten te alignen en dat is wel fijn.

Op de een of andere manier doen de pijlen tussen de componenten bijna nooit wat ik direct wil. En dat in de gratis variant word gecapped op aantal componenten in een diagram

Maciej
Maciej
Product R&D Director in Polen
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine.
No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project. I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard). What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases. Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement. Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

Oğuz
Game Designer in Sri Lanka
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers

Lucidchart: A Comprehensive Diagramming Tool for All Your Needs

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, Lucidchart is a great diagramming tool that makes creating visuals and diagrams fast and easy. Whether you're a professional or a novice user, Lucidchart provides the features that you need in order to create effective visuals.

Lucidchart is an intuitive and easy to use diagramming tool that makes creating diagrams and visuals effortless. The user interface is clean and user-friendly and the range of shapes and symbols is truly impressive. Additionally, the integration with other applications makes it a great choice for any team.

Unfortunately, Lucidchart can be slow at times and when dealing with large projects, it can be difficult to keep track of the changes that have been made. Additionally, the subscription service can be pricey for some users.

Andy
Andy
Software Developer in VS
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great product but performance sucks

2,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love the product, just wish they could make the product more modular so it doesn't attempt to load the very heavy application all in one shot. It literally has brought my machine to a stop trying to access a LucidChart

As a dev, it has all the features you would look for to capture the ideas for the architecture phase. I've used it for anything from business logic flows, linking mockups, to representing infrastructure layouts. It really gets the job done quite well with very minimal learning curve (if any). Very intuitive product

The actual product performance (speed) is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. It competes with Tableau as one of the slowest products to spin up from a cold start, but once it's up and running - I never encountered any issues. You can expect it to occasionally crash your browser though.

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazilië
Bankwezen, 2-10 werknemers

Great diagramming solution for a Small / Medium Business

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience with Lucidchart is great, we love the solution and plan to keep working with them for the foreseeable time.

There are many features we loved about this software, some of them are the vast variety of charts and diagrams to choose from. We have practically all of the schemes needed to develop a robust data management solution. In addition the tool is very intuitive so we needed almost no training nor research to use it.

The one feature they could improve is the documentation tools, we believe it could be a little more simpler to work with. Another con could be the community, we reach for help and didn't fin much support.

Vinodh
Product Owner in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers

End to End Design sessions are much easier with Lucid compared to the Visio days

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: End to End Design Sessions and Dataflow Diagrams can be created and shared easily. this reduces the learning curve for our Analysts and Architects

Changes reflect live, so many users can collaborate on a single diagram

No SharePoint integration. No intuitive integration with Jira. No auto export of diagrams PDFs with a sharepoint folder

CIO in Spanje
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Better diagrams with Lucidchart

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: In my opinion, Lucidchart is the best Diagram solution in the market. It's very easy to use, creates nice diagrams and it's not expensive at all.

The Intelligent Diagramming functionality is the best, you can develop workflows nicely and very ease to use.Collaboration is also great in comparisson with other vendors, you can work in the same diagram at the same time with your team mates.

You can't Copy Paste from another diagram.They can offer more templates with specific use cases.

Yige
Yige
Customer Acquisition Analyst in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Lucidchart helps to align our business processes.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use Lucidchart to create process maps and diagrams, that enable me identify inefficiencies in our operational strategies and plans.

Lucidchart provides a collaborative workspace where I can work together simultaneously with my team in real time., regardless of the present physical location of everyone within my team. The ability to work in real time through Lucidchart allows me to get and exchange live feedback with my team members.

Lucidchart is completely web browser based and this limits my ability to use it without being connected to the internet. Although, there is a way to use Lucidchart in offline state on web browsers, the functionalities in offline state are really scaled down.Not a major flaw but still a flaw all the same.

Uzuazokaro
Uzuazokaro
operations and maintenance manager in Nigeria
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers

karo's Lucidchart review

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience with Lucidchart overall is okay. I love the beautiful colour representations and the easy drag and drop function. I would recommend it to anyone that loves beautiful and effective displays of flow diagrams

It has helped me to create a detailed, yet easy to understand forklift offloading process flowchart. I was even able to get real-time collaborations on this project from my colleagues which made it a very robust result

Exporting to excel was a bit of a challenge as it took a while and the flowchart did not appear complete.

Yash
Yash
Software Engineer in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review of Lucidchart

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have a great experience with this application.

Its very useful in creating flowcharts and especially Entity relationship diagrams for the database design along with the schemas that we can create using this application, we can also create the workflow and organizational design with this application.

Its not easy to use , some technical knowledge is required to start with this application as the things its used for are technical in nature.

Prabhat
Prabhat
Senior Devops Engineer in India
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Lucidchart

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Lucidchart is one of the best free tool for creating diagrams & explaining to the team. We can draw & share it to teams for better understanding.

Nothing as such , but yeah while integrating some of the tools we faced lot of issues.

Lead in Canada
Overheidsadministratie, 10.000+ werknemers

Easy to use business process mapping software

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long. -I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them -Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

Muhammad
Chief Internal Auditor in Pakistan
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Diagramming is easy on Lucidchart

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Lucidchart is web-based, intuitive, intelligent, reliable software for making diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts, gantt charts, mind maps; also allows to linking data to shapes. Lucidchart works on any environment whether windows, mac, or linux even it may be used online. It allow collaboration, import data or diagram, export diagram; it has rich library of shapes.

Lucidchart is web-based therefore work can be done or accessed from anywhere, it is easy to use. Importing and exporting data and diagram is simple. It has vast library of shapes and templates, it allows to modify template according to your requirements. Arrows can be easily used, it provides option to jump arrows, layers may be used for better diagramming.

While working in a browser, you can only create charts; web application cannot work offline. Some templates are not easy to use but tricky and need time to understand. It provides insufficient icons and not allow to search icons externally, icon cannot be resized as well. You cannot arrange the layer as a whole.

Senior Business Analyst in Sri Lanka
Informatiediensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Good tool to recommend to a business analyst

5,0 2 jaar geleden

1.) Removing steps from each process that aren't absolutely necessary. 2.) Cloud-based is almost a no-brainer these days, but it enables real-time idea-sharing with office mate collaboration. 3.) Simple to use and adaptable inside the program without the need for special training. 4.) Ability to integrate with Google and Jira.

1.) If the free account includes more features, Lucidchart will become more popular, and more features can be purchased based on the necessity for those features 2.) It can be tough to modify the size of forms at times. 3.) Limited template set.

James
President in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very Economical Way To Create Great Looking Customized Diagrams/Charts

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I like using this software as it allows me to create very nice looking graphics and at a cost much less than Visio.

I especially liked how their subscription plan works. You can maintain the free version to store all your designs and when you need to do a new design, you can upgrade your subscription for that month. Afterward, you can easily downgrade to the free version. You are only paying for the software when you need to use it.

It doesn’t remind you to downgrade your subscription after you are done using it. So, it is important that you remember to do this immediately after your design is complete.

Owner in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The easiest tool for the job

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used Lucidchart to create marketing flows, website site maps and database diagrams. It takes a tedious job and makes it easy.

I simply like how quickly I can create flowcharts and database diagrams with this tool.

I honestly don't have a con for this tool. I use it for a specific job and it does that job very well.

Business Process Optimization Engineer in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Shawn
Chief Strategy Officer in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Lucidchart for the Masses

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was hired at my organization about two years ago to replace someone who had strong design skills that I did not. However, I knew of this program and how it could make reports and/or presentations beautiful. So I invested in the program and have not looked back. My peers and my supervisors have found what I have been able to create in Lucidchart extremely helpful. While there are programs that may do this at a more sophisticated level, for our strata of organization (midsize regional) it is perfect and is at exactly the right cost for an organization our size to have a yearly team-based account.

I think the extensive library of templates is the most important gift this program offers. I can get into the program and scan for a wide variety of template / tool options that I can then deploy. Sometimes, I'm not necessarily sure of what I need, and I can scan a variety to be able to get something that is close and/or I can modify quickly to be able to use for my work. This has really helped speed up the quality of my reports. While there are other programs that do similar work, I really operate better with this type of software because it isn't complicated; I just remember trying to do the same thing with Vizio or PowerPoint and nothing was working at the level of design I needed. I also tried Infogram and it was too much work. This was the just right option for me.

I love the templates, BUT, some of them can be really tricky to use. You have to spend time with a few of them figuring out the controls to be able to get exactly what you want. So it isn't a turnkey solution in the strictest sense, and it's not entirely intuitive either. The file depot is good, as I can go and find old documents. But I need to be really careful. If I don't duplicate something it doesn't maintain an old file, and I or a colleague can write over something and there isn't the same "revision history" that exists in other cloud-based solutions.

Lee
CEO in VS
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist in VK
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers

Critical for illustrating ideas to my team.

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am using Lucidchart to graphically illustrate and explain operational marketing ideas and strategy to my team. Lucidchart makes the process of creating workflows and process diagrams a lot easier and inclusive by making it possible for groups of people to work in real time on process diagramming, making our process diagrams as effective as possible.

Lucidchart is completely browser based and the first benefit of this approach, is that I am able to use Lucidchart across all devices , regardless of their operating system. Lucidchart allows real-time authoring, which helps my team work on critical workflows and process maps as a group , enabling comments and real time chatting , to improve the quality of interaction in the process of building flowmaps.

Lucidchart's obvious weakness is with the fact that it is completely web based. This makes the program very much reliant on the internet to function. Though, Lucidchart supports offline use, there is a big disparity in the quality of what I can do while connected to the internet on Lucidchart and what feature I am permitted to use in offline mode.

Justin
Justin
Sr Embedded Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

It's the clear leader in this space

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Lucidchart just works. It's simple, obvious/intuitive, and makes communicating super simple. I love the ability to quickly make new diagrams, succinctly communicate, share, print, etc. Even training new team members to use Lucidchart is super simple - new engineers may not fully understand the value, but they quickly see it.

The look and feel of Lucidchart outputs is pretty generic. I wish that the look and feel could be more polished for larger audiences - there are other softwares out there that show/present similar diagrams in a more polished look/feel. That said, that's minor. Lucidchart does exactly what it says it's going to do. One big request/wish: I wish Lucidchart had an API that would build diagrams programmtically. Yes, Lucidchart has an API, but I specifically want to hand it PlantUML commands (or something similar) from RunTime code that would quickly build sequence diagrams, class diagrams, system diagrams, etc. But alas, that is entirely missing.

Hong
Cloud Architect in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great Visio alternative as a start

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great product, easy to use.

Their Cloud Insights feature is great at importing and diagraming cloud infrastructures.

I have had issues importing and exporting diagrams from & to Visio format. This might have improved as I have not used the feature for a while.

Consultor de Servicio y Soporte in Venezuela
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Lucidchart, an incredible tool for diagramming.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In my work I constantly have to carry out installation and restructuring projects for networks, equipment among others, and Lucidchar allows me to make models or diagrams to organize and plan such processes, identify requirements, describe the tasks necessary for the execution of projects, in general, is an excellent tool for the realization of diagrams which facilitate the understanding of multiple problems.

What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.

So far my experience with the program has been good but I think there are aspects that can be improved, such as sharing files that are working with other users and that can work simultaneously in them to allow collaborative work. Another aspect is the connection to the internet, although it is an advantage to be able to access the program from any device with internet, at the same time it is a disadvantage because if the connection fails or I am in a place where there is no internet, I can not have access to software.

Abiola
Abiola
Consumer Relations Analyst in Nigeria
Consumentengoederen

I refine my business thought with Lucidchart.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I am a lover of charts and flows ,as they assist me in better critiquing my business ideas and thought.I started out with using just a paper and a pencil and would end up littering my desk with ruffled paper after every diagramming session. I later embraced alternate diagramming programs and the sole reason I migrated towards Lucidchart is its collaborative edge. Being that it is cloud based, I get to go into the world of flows and charts at anytime without any prerequisite requirement like having a particular device on hand. I get to also work on charts and flows collaboratively with my colleagues ,even if they aren't physically by my side. Lucidchart overall helps me refine my business thought process.

There is a need for more templates available to users on Lucidchart. I also tend to think Lucidchart comes with a bit of tough learning time for new users.

Miguel
Sr. Product Innovations Manager in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 10.000+ werknemers

Great solution for Architectural diagrams

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We were looking for a tool that we can use to communicate our Architectural diagrams, and that would integrate with Confluence. Their support and training when we implemented the solution was excellent.

The integration with Confluence/Atlassian is straightforward. We do all our ERD in Lucidchart, and I used to create internal and external presentations. In my job, I have to present complex problems and sophisticated solutions to our dev teams and our senior team. Lucidchart helps me communicate those complex problems and ideas to solve them.

The library is extensive for developers that need to prepare ERDs or architectural diagrams. However, the library is limited for themes outside software development. The integration with PowerPoint is not as straightforward as I expected. And their online help is very extensive, but I find my self not able to find the articles that solve my questions.