Over MakeShift

MakeShift is een complete oplossing voor het eenvoudig plannen, bijhouden en communiceren met je medewerkers.

Meer informatie over MakeShift

Integration with ADP Canada is very important for the [SENSITIVE CONTENT.

It does not happen often but quite inconvenient if it goes down.

Beoordelingen van MakeShift

Waar voor je geld

MakeShift heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 107 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je MakeShift eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (107)

Christy
Community Recreation Coordinator in Canada
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 201-500 werknemers

From a Recreation Perspective

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great overall and easy to use.

Easy to schedule staff, love that you can copy schedules to other weeks, payroll download is clear and easy to understand, on site clock in and out feature as we have various work sites, can have different sites, jobs, shift templates.

Would like that is the staff clock in early or out late that there was a quick way to have it match the shift time for hours worked/payroll. Say the shift is 9 to 1 and they clock in at 8:45 and out at 1:05 the timesheet shows 4.25 hours instead of the 4 they were scheduled for.

vorige week

Hi Christy, thank you for your comments! We do allow you to round clock in and outs to the scheduled start and end time. If you would like instructions on how to do so, please reach out to [email protected]!

Susan
Clerk IV in Canada

Makeshift in Strathmore

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is very good from the product itself, to the online support.

Integration was fairy easy, we had lot's of support. Features are easy to use and customize to what our company needs.

One of the features I would like to see changed is when an employee puts in their availability it shows up on their schedule but if a shift is requested on this day it does not reflect their availability and hours outside of the availability are still scheduled in. I have also found shifts have been put into the wrong schedule from that employee that requested and was granted the shift.

vorige week

Thank you so much for your feedback Susan! If you have any difficulties with your schedule, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] so we can investigate and correct the issue!

Rhon
Mha in Canada

Difficult communication for overtime

3,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall good, except with above

It's easy to see what shifts are open and who's working them

When you bid on a shift, you should be able to leave a note with it if there's a special circumstance like only available partial shift or if it would be overtime. This inability is beyond annoying when you have to email a scheduler first before bidding in special circumstances

vorige week

Hi Rhon, thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our product team for future enhancements to our product! If you have any other comments, please feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Diane
Unit Clerk Administrantion in Canada

Overwogen alternatieven:

Makeshift Empolyee Scheduling

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Easy to update employee schedule, and keep track of daily requirements for staff

none that I can mention or think of at this point in time

vorige week

Hi Diane, thank you for your comments and review!

Joanne
Admin lV in Canada

Health care worker Alberta review of Makeshift

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love this tool, use it daily.

Very easy to use. I love using the 'dashboard' feature for a snap shot of exactly who is scheduled to come in for any given shift and what our needs are.

When using dashboard - I would like a quicker way to forward to a date that is further out than a week or two. It would be nice to be able to advance without clicking for each day in between. Also, it would be nice to be able to see highlighted when we are over or under our baseline.

vorige week

Hi Joanne, thank you for your review! That is a great idea for our dashboard, and we will be sure to pass along your comments to our product team!

stacey
Administrative assistant in Canada
Medische praktijk, 501-1.000 werknemers

Makeshift review

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

The most impactful part of makeshift for our hospital is that employees can see there schedule and request without calling the staffing office or contacting the unit. they are able to switch shifts and request trades in the app. we are also able to send announcements and individual messages if need be.

I would really like to be able to see the history or shifts that have been removed from employee's schedule and also be able to re enable a trade if you accidently decline and forgot the dates

vorige week

Thank you for your detailed comments Stacey! Shift audits and histories are available - if you would like more information, please feel free to reach out at [email protected]!

Peeka
Modeling and Acting Coach/Photographer in VS
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

Makes working from home easier!

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Makeshift has been great in helping me transition to a "work from home" world. I love that I can clock in and out of work with the ease of tapping a screen. Brilliant.

So easy to clock in and clock out of work from anywhere. I can see all the hours I have worked whether it be in the past, or same day. So easy to use this software!

I wish the app would automatically load in the classic view when I log in from my phone.

vorige week

Thank you for your review Peeka! We are glad to hear that MakeShift has helped make transitioning to work from home easier!

dana
corporate travel agent in VS
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 51-200 werknemers

ease of use

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: see above under pros

once I got used to it, which was pretty quickly, I was able to access my co-workers schedules with the greatest of ease. I could determine daily schedules when client's were trying to reach them, regular days off, scheduled vacation days, for the week, or future, when planning my own time off. I' able to narrow down departments so I'm not scrolling down alphabetically through everyone's name in the company.

none that I can think of at this time. It's a very valuable product with ease of use.

vorige week

Hi Dana, we are glad to hear you are finding value in MakeShift! Thank you for your review!

Maureen
Covid screener in Canada
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Ease of usage

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Love it

Easy to use, user friendly. Great way to be able to keep track of when your shifts are and if you want to switch shifts and orlick up.

Really there isn't anything that I don't like about it.

vorige week

Hi Maureen, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are loving MakeShift!

Ryan
Director of Payroll in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

The integration with ADP is a huge upside. Simple to import employees to the correct locations/departments.

Past and new employees with the same email will delay an import, but it's easily taken care of by our rep.

vorige week

Hi Ryan, thank you for your review!

Brandon
Store Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 501-1.000 werknemers

User friendly and Easy to Use

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love using MakeShift to distribute my teams schedule. They can see shift changes in real time and immediately receive schedules when they are published. This eliminates all the confusion we had in the past with team members not knowing their schedule or making weekly calls to the store to find out what shifts they are working.

Makeshift makes scheduling employees a very simple process and it is incredibly user friendly. There are many platform features available to manage several different workforce tasks for business. As we integrate with ADP we use makeshift for scheduling to provide easy access for our store teams to see their schedule and request days off seamlessly without sending out spreadsheets or printing paper schedules.

I would like to see improvement with MakeShift as it concerns ADP integration. There are a small number of technical issues with the integration from time to time. Specifically, I would like for MakeShift to potentially display a "vacation" shift when full time associates request paid time off in ADP. As of now, MakeShift will only give you a shift sync error if you unintentionally schedule a shift on a day with a PTO request.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Brandon, thank you for your thorough review! We are so glad to hear that MakeShift has helped streamline your scheduling process and has eliminated all confusion you may have experienced in the past. We also appreciate your comments regarding your ADP integration. Please drop us a note at [email protected] as we do have the ability to sync time off from ADP WFN to MakeShift. We should be able to turn this on very quickly for you!

Ryan
General Manager in Canada
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Features particular to restaurants would be helpful

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Pretty good, feel it is better suited for businesses that have less variations week to week in terms of shifts and people scheduled though.

Solid layout and easy to use for both employers and employees

No "Copy/Paste" function makes schedules a bit more time consuming when managing multiple shifts and many requests for times off or fluctuation numbers of shifts per day.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your review! Copy and paste features are available in the gear icon at the top right of your department schedule. You can actually copy and paste your whole schedule week to week, and make adjustments as you need to, without having to create an entire new schedule! If you'd like to learn more, please drop us a note at [email protected] Thanks again!

Jennifer
CFO in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Decent Timeclock and scheduling software

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer service has always been responsive. They are good about communicating upcoming changes and down time. Overall it is an easy, simple scheduling and timeclock tool.

What I like most about Makeshift is that it is easy to export data for import into ADP.

What I like least about Makeshift is the inability to have a department where managers can clock in and out without them being able to edit their own time, the inability to view an overall timesheet for an employee, the inability to have a good system for tracking absences.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your comments and will be sure to present them to our product team. We are working on a feature that will prevent managers from editing their own time, and will be sure to communicate this to you when it becomes available. Thanks again!

Don
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Makeshift review

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really like the software because of it's ease of use, particularly with the mobile app and really don't have any issues with it.

The mobile app is every easy to use and allows our associates to see their schedules and changes plus it allows them to contact other associates for shift changes. It is also very easy to create our weekly schedules.

The only issue I have with the software (which might be on our IT's side) is when an associate asks for vacation time in Makeshift it does not integrate into ADP like the schedule does.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Don, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear your team has found value in our mobile apps. ADP does not allow us to input time off into their system, however we do offer the ability to sync time off from ADP into MakeShift for scheduling purposes. If you'd like to learn more, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist!

Jennifer
Human Resources Manager in Canada
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 201-500 werknemers

5 stars!

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had a great experience using MakeShift. The program is very easy to use and any technical issues are dealt with very quickly.

Very easy to use. Employees love the flexibility of being able to request days off and to switch/pick up shifts with their co-workers. The system has saved our Managers hours of work put in to scheduling and rectifying scheduling conflicts.

As an admin on the account, I don't have the ability to view the posted/dropped shifts in the same way a regular user on the app has. Having this ability would allow me to anticipate shortages.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience and that your managers have been able to save hours of work! We appreciate your feedback regarding our shift exchange functionality and will let our product team know!

Mary
Program supervisor in Canada

Makeshift Review

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Makeshift has made it easier to confirm employees ADP schedules, it has taken the guess work out of shifts posted as worked on ADP. Makeshift schedule shows who was on shift, it communicates this to ADP so I do not have to go back to see who was on shift.

It is very user friendly, I am able to see my staff schedule both weekly and daily, which allows me to see in real time who is currently scheduled to work.

It can be difficult to post a shift using my phone, I find the amount of fields to be filled out can be time consuming. I don't have the drag and post option that is available when creating shifts on my computer.

vorige week

Hi Mary, thank you for your detailed comments and feedback!

Ashley
Operations Coordinator in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers

MakeShift saves so much time

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We love working with MakeShift. The customer support is super helpful and incredibly responsive.

Our company switched to MakeShift a year ago and I wouldn't go back if you paid me a million dollars. Makeshift has made scheduling so much easier and quick! You can build out templates and schedule people out for months or even years. Employees love having their schedules at their fingertips and the ease of trading shifts makes life easy.

I wish we could drag and drop schedules for several people at one time.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear that you find so much value in MakeShift!

Jenny
HR Generalist in Canada

User-friendly and convenient.

4,0 10 maanden geleden

User-friendly and easy to learn for all users including both schedulers and employees. Easy to see which staff is available on any given day. Being able to integrate with our existing payroll & time and attendance system was a bonus.

Would like to be able to view or download a monthly version of the schedule. The Positions tab on the Schedule is great to use to see what shifts are unfilled, but it would be cool to have a feature where we can hover over a shift and it could tell us the names of staff that are scheduled for it.

Daniel
Store Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 501-1.000 werknemers

Makeshift Team

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Not only is it easy for me to use but my Team members like it as well. They download the Makeshift app and can see their schedules with a click of a button. Very easy for them as well.

I like the fact that it is easy to use. I am not a computer genius but this was easy to learn and use.

I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software. I use it with ease every day and find it makes my job of scheduling very easy.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Daniel, we are so glad to hear that MakeShift has been such an easy tool for you! Thank you for your review!

Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great Scheduling Tool

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MakeShift has provided a powerful scheduling system that allows both employees and management to better understand and manage the schedule. It has created a better employee experience and made a previously time consuming task easier. Though there are a few issues and features that could be expanded, this is overall a great resource.

MakeShift is an easy to use scheduling tool that can stand alone or integrate with ADP/Bamboo HR to import existing employees. We like the ease of viewing and modifying the employee schedules in the system. Employees have an easy way to mark when they are available, and the shift trade system works well. The ability to create rotations that repeat for a length of time has been a huge time saver for us. It's also nice to be alerted when an employee will go into overtime before the shift occurs.

There are a few features, such as viewing who you are working with, that are only available for employees on the mobile app and not the web interface. The software also does not give an option to subtract exempt employees hours from the budget tracker. It would also be helpful to see expanded fatigue rules to state that an employee can't work before or after a certain time.

Katya
Assistant General Manager in Canada
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

A good product for basic scheduling

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Ease for employee use in viewing schedules, swapping shifts. Integration with ADP Workforce Now

Onboarding new employees can sometimes be a hassle if they are using Makeshift with another employer. Logging in with ADP Workforce Now credentials is not supported.

11 maanden geleden

Hi Katya, thank you for your review. Signing in with your ADP Workforce Now credentials is now supported for Canada. If you'd like to learn more, please contact us at [email protected] and we can help you get set up!

Kelly
Contract Manager in Canada
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy to use

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: TheMakeShift team has always been very helpful to us to solve problems; advise on best setup practices and revive feedback to improve the tool.

This tool allows for a fairly easy setup to get teams up and running quickly. The ability to publish requests to fill empty shifts is quite handy!

A monthly calendar view would be most helpful to see a month at a glance in a format that everyone is familiar with.

11 maanden geleden

Thank you for the review Kelly! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our available shifts feature. We also appreciate your recommendation regarding a monthly calendar view. This is something that we are hoping to implement in the future!

Matt
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Great Product

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed the product, and it is the best software I have used for scheduling to date.

I like the ease of schedule making and the seamless mobile integration.

I feel that the availability feature could be changed to reflect suggested or soft requests.

Adisa
HR in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Scheduling Made Simple

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: MakeShift is an easy solution for scheduling. The integration with ADP is seamless.

Easy for management to edit and employees to access.

Duplicate email causes a delay. Luckily, customer support fixes it in a timely manner.

11 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for your review Adisa! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that MakeShift has provided you and your employees value to your business.

justin
relief manager in Canada

really enjoy makeshift

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had so many benefits from it. You can really monitor what's going on. with the casual staff it holds them accountable which is amazing

changed how we schedule - so much easier to schedule people

it's not really on makeshift, but the buy in from staff could use some help. Too many supervisors and staff still just make arrangements without using the app.