Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over WebTitan

DNS-gebaseerde webcontentfilter voor bedrijven die malware, ransomware en phishing blokkeert en geavanceerde controle van webcontent biedt.

Meer informatie over WebTitan

The platform is very easy to use, simple interface easy to navigate.

Beoordelingen van WebTitan

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

WebTitan heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 258 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je WebTitan eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (258)

Nabila
Nabila
Human Resources Manager in Maleisië
Vermogensbeheer, 10.000+ werknemers

Safeguarded my web browser

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: For several years, WebTitan has supported us with a reliable web filtering tool that has served us well. We're confident that it's blocking and slowing traffic as we've set it up.

Quite easy to set up, clients were quickly migrated from the old operation, and new clients were quickly onboard ed. The monitoring functions are simpler to set up, and the data is displayed in a far more appealing manner. The ability to stop advertisement domains is part of content filtering; sure, this doesn't capture every ad site, but it's enough to make a difference. The greatest thing is that there is no charge for assistance. Any proposal I've made has received swift feedback and resolutions.

It's not as easy to install as I thought, but once it's up and running, it's a job well done. The impressive infrastructure, technologies, and support services, as well as the fact that it is cloud-based and has a strong product roadmap. We would not hesitate to suggest them to other businesses. Misclassified pages are also being blocked although they shouldn't be. The website could use some updating and improved organization.

Mark
General manager in VS
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

No IT staff - need to still monitor end clients this is for you

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All positive - I love that we spoke to real people, no phone tag. They have been nothing but responsive when we installed and created our account. Very positive and I highly recommend them!

We have used similar products but they kept changing the product and increasing the cost, they would have no customer support and you could not even email them. WebTitan has excellent support and service, they helped us set it up, configure it, and install it. They are super responsive on email their products works for exactly what we want it to do. It was the best solution for us to monitor some end clients without limiting the rest of the network or having something we could not easily access. For us it is the prefect product, something non-IT staff can set up monitor and use daily to limit risks by a completely open internet policy. This was exactly what we needed!

My only gripe would be that the install for the OTA product is a little tricky to install. Not super hard but an app or something that is easy would have been preferred, so it kind of makes a one man band kind of set up. Of course, we could have installed it on the whole network but that was what we were trying to avoid a complex install that only our network people could really set up and deploy.

Jesus
IT Manager in Spanje

Not works as announced

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: WCCP integration

The top feature for us was the integration with Cisco ISR. It is really easy to switch on/off webtitan without affecting the user: Just an access list membership in wccp configuration does the trick.

Integration with AD does not work. Unless you push some agent to the client, the product does not consistently work, neither by static IP nor by any other means.

Reactie TitanHQ

6 jaar geleden

Hi Jesus, Thanks for your review of WebTitan. I'm disappointed to hear that the solution didn't deliver as it usually does with our other 7,500 customers. Our AD integration works very well when you use our agent - this has been developed further over the last two years. We should try again. I've asked your account manager to reach out. The product will work consistently for you once we get the set up sorted, Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ [email protected]

Jason
IT Specialist in VS
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 11-50 werknemers

Top Notch DNS Filtering

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There was no pressure to purchase the software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.

Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.

Reactie TitanHQ

4 jaar geleden

Jason thanks a million for your kind WebTitan review and I'm delighted that our DNS filtering has been "Top Notch" for you. Cheers for the shout out for the support team - I'll pass on the good news, they'll be chuffed. Welcome on board! Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

Systems Admin in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers

Delcora Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been positive. There aren't to many false positive pages being blocked, which I expect there to be some. Allowing websites through the filter is quick enough that I don't get complaints.

The biggest pro I have is the app for laptops being off-network. I have tried many other products and this is a feature they had, said it works but it never did. I finally found an app that works and it works well. The other pro is many other products I used tried to stuff as many features in as they could, however for-getting the big picture is to filter internet traffic. WebTitan focusses on filtering the internet traffic and thigs seem to be designed around it.

The one aspect of the software is changing the dns setting in order to recognize user names.

Frank
IT Manager in VS
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers

Worth the Money.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have increased productivity. We have been able to see this and track this since installing the software. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has also seen this and has recommended the software to several other vendors we have business relationships with.

We were looking for something to protect users both remote and in the office while also increasing production by blocking time wasting sites. Webtitan is one of several we looked at and it fit what we were looking for. The product was simple to setup and is easy to manage. We have customized alerts for when a user accesses restricted sites and have created keys to allow 1 time use of the site or if we need to white listing a domain is very simple to use. We have all departments from Finance, Customer Service and CEO Executive all with their own security groups and restrictions. Webtitan also restricts access to malicious or suspicious sites which has come in handy a dozen times in the last several months.

I have encountered zero issues with the software, or support team.

Jason
Senior Software Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

WebTitan Handles Our Needs Perfectly

Opmerkingen: Content Filtering, Work Focus

I was able to deploy on routers for complete coverage of all devices connected to our network. It also had provisions for deploying on Mobile Devices. The price was very competitive considering the number of features we have access to. They also had the ability to white-list which was a key feature that others I've tried struggled with. Their customer service were very friendly and spent a ton of time with me before and after signup to get things implemented and troubleshoot any issues I had.

I had to setup Active Directory on my server to enable the capability of creating profiles unique to individuals. This is less of a problem with the WebTitan and more with my chosen method of deployment, but it was something I had to do to get full use of the features. Again, not their problem as a single router only sends traffic from one IP with no way to really know much about the client sending it.

Matt
CFO/CIO in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers

WebTitan Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great value for the service it provides for us. Eventually would like to use it with a Linux server environment down the road, but haven't crossed that bridge yet as we currently use Active Directory with M$.

Easy to install and could reuse old hardware for the installation, so helps keep costs down. Also once installed it requires minimal oversight since it runs on a Linux install. I like it is on premise as it is cost effective to manage.

Can't think of any right now as it meets our needs.

Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers

Great Spam Filter

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In the past 3 months we used it, it's been great! It's greatly minimized spam emails that have gotten through and has really helped with any issues that spam emails can bring.

It's great at what it does. Once you get all of the settings configured, it becomes very good at blocking spam so that it doesn't come in. By default it's pretty restrictive, but that's been helpful to start. We just lightly loosened it to the settings we needed.

There's not a way to bulk add email addresses to the list of monitored emails. You have to add them one by one. Support told me that this is a coming feature.

Stan
Stan
VP Development in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

As easy as advertised

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It does the job.

Most certainly the ease of deployment. Just change some DNS and/or DHCP settings and the firewall to use this DNS server instead of the "defaults" and you are started. Then a few checkboxes to decide what to filter.

The reports are nothing to write home about, and since I do not plan on actively monitoring the DNS requests, the reports would be a nice way to get a weekly summary. Likewise with the "alert emails" -- these rapidly become noise and you have to turn them off.

Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Promising, but Still Needs Some Additions

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use it as a content filter, and to help us identify if there seems to be malware on a device. I believe that we have been able to reduce the number of False-Positives from our previous solution, but we end up doing a lot more whitelisting, and I wonder at times if we're catching everything we should be.

Our primary reason for changing to WebTitan was cost. We had be fairly happy with our previous solution, but they kept driving up the price, forcing us to look elsewhere on our limited budget, and WebTitan was willing to work within our price range. One of the things I have found that I like about WebTitan is in how it displays some reports. Within the web console, it is easy to see if blocks are in a series, or hit and miss throughout the day. It also gives an easy to see overview if the block count is due to a single piece of software trying to "phone home" at a single URL, or if there seems to, instead, be an effort by the user to get to prohibited content via a variety of URLs. Overall, easy to use solution that works off of categories, but still is easy to whitelist or blacklist given domains, etc.

Two short-comings readily stand out for our needs/desires. 1) There is no "P2P" category. While there are legal and legitimate peer-to-peer websites and software, we want to block such activity, and limit access to such software as much as possible. Without the P2P category, we're left either with an overly restrictive policy blocking all download sites and then whitelisting a lot, or we stick with only blocking "illegal"/hacking/etc, and then blacklisting P2P sites that aren't caught in that as we find them. Neither is ideal. 2) The emailed reports are not nearly as helpful as the web console reports. I cannot seem to get it to show the same list of blocked attempts in the email. I can only get a block count by category along with a unique domain count. But without being able to see the domains along with timestamps, I have to keep going back to the console to decide if action is required or not.

abdul
IT Engineer in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen, 501-1.000 werknemers

Easy administration of webfiltering

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: good in web filtering easy to use, users idl time reduced. Webtitan tec Support closure time needs to reduce.

Management pane is one of the key feature I would say as best part in this product, easy to understand and ease of administration, accuracy on filtering is best,pulling out and drilling down on user's web access report saves lot of my time.cloud based hybrid solution gives us leverage of managing it from any where during this pandemic situation, OTG client helps us to manage users browsing even they are working from home. This is giving us an extra shield on our IT security.easy deployment across our infrastructure.

More time taking to close Support ticket.support conversation hapends only thru email, no chat or no telephone calls from support team. More time taking to apply new policy to users.

Brian
CIO in VS
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1.000 werknemers

WebTitan is a great product for companies that want very granular control over user web filtering

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It fits all of my needs for web filtering across my organization

I have incredible control over my users' web filtering and great reports that can be automatically generated and delivered. It's fairly easy to use from an administrative perspective and provides great flexibility. I currently have 350 seats over 4 offices with each office having slightly different web filtering needs and I have no problem accomplishing it with WebTitan.

They don't really put out many software updates. I think the last one was from 9 months ago, now. They do keep up with definitions for categorizing websites, but actual software enhancements do not get pushed out very often.

IT Coordinator in Canada
Overheidsadministratie, 51-200 werknemers

Solid product that has the functionality we need to keep the bad stuff out.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use, yet does a great job in stopping most of the bad stuff through.

The level of protection against the bad emails that are floating around. The software is easy to use and configure based on what our evolving needs are. Over the years of use, I'm happy we made the switch from the previous software to Spam Titan.

I found that the factory defaults were perhaps a little too restrictive to begin with, which resulted in some false positives. However, tweaking the threshold values was relatively easy in order to make the false positives disappear and get the emails we wanted to receive.

Gregory
IT Director in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

We used it as our proxy server and it was helpful in looking at useless traffic.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A web proxy is a 'must have' piece of IT infrastructure today.

Fairly easy to use - the interface is ok and similar to SPAMTitan. We were very satisfied with SPAMTitan and so we also then went with WebTitan. Both products are still being employed today. Because of WebTitan we banned music streaming which was killing Internet bandwidth.

Not so much a complaint but observation: there has not been any update to the product in a long time. This may in fact be a good thing, but i wonder if also it might be a lack of commitment? The same is true for SPAMTitan.

IT consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Webtitan

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: performs well good support

functionality the cost was reasonable good support

need to setup local dns proxy management of whitelist doesn't always work as expected

Sobek
IT Manager in VK
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Once set up all is working as it should.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A great web filter. It keeps our network safe from threats. We get blocking done to anything that can cause damage or anything that may be inappropriate.

Good experience from end to end. The Sales and Engineers went above and beyond to support implementation and set up.

Not quite as easy to set up as we'd like, but certainly well done once you get it going. The impressive platform, technology, and support services, alongside being Cloud-based and with an excellent roadmap for innovation. We would have no hesitation in recommending to other companies.

Daniel
IT Manager in Nieuw-Zeeland
Detailhandel, 201-500 werknemers

Good & cost effective solution to manage & control your WEB internal users access including monitor

Opmerkingen: WEB filtering & content management

Easy to administer , setup group and tailor WEB access to our corporate WEB user , do have good reporting tools and some protect ion where our users base can go on the internet.

This software could benefit if it add option to restrict & control apps that can run on the internal network. This would offer better protection again malware that usually kick of an small application or script to download their malware payload

Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

My Active Directory Server is integrated with WebTitan.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: we have been using web titan for some time for extra security in the dns set, which makes it easier for us to protect our directories and others. With the application we have been able to correct events in more than 5% monthly.

WebTitan, like all TitanHQ products, is immediately ready to use and requires minimal technological effort to ensure the safety of all of your employees. Remote, domestic, and traveling workers can all benefit from the OTG client's security features. It's difficult to say what to say. DNS security that covers all bases.

There is a bit of a delay when importing restricted sites. Likewise, I dislike the WADA agent, but I am ready to accept it in exchange for AD integration.

Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Out of the box web filtering solution

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Good real-time reporting HR can can be given a role to maintain blacklists/white-lists/individual user permissions Customization - time of day, categories etc AD integration - reports on the user rather than IP address Great support

No viable cloud solution yet to report back based on user (just reports on IP address) Trouble implementing or upgrading with a complex internal domain

The software works as advertised. It's easy to configure, and requires very little maintenance.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I like the simple and easy to use interface. It allows for the users to self regulate their spam emails. The option to get an additional email with the list of blocked emails is great.

My only complaint about the software is there is no ability to label an email as spam within outlook. This option would allow to reduce the spam email even further.

Bouwmaterialen, 501-1.000 werknemers

SpamTitan gives good visibility into emails coming in; support is fantastic.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Reduces the amount of spam getting in as well as makes spam management easy.

I like that the software is easy to manage and easy to view email that have come into our organization.

I believe too much spam is getting through. Support has been great in helping me with unique settings to help reduce spam, but I find that too much gets through.

Garry
Garry
Director of IT in VS
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers

Webtitan and TitanHQ's other products are a great blend of functionality and ease of use.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use and easy to setup and maintain.

Ease of use is important for my company so my assistants can help monitor and adjust settings as needed. TitanHQs support is great as well.

It can take a little time to tweak content settings sometimes but it's still faster than the other firewall products I've used in the past.

Robert
Manager of Information Technology in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Great Web Content Software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great so far. I have been working with their rep on setup and he has been great starting with the demo all the way through setup and even helping trouble shoot minor issues I've had. I am very happy to have found TitanHQ and very happy to use the product.

I really enjoy using WebTitan software because it is extremely user friendly. Before making the purchase I was given a demo and free access to WebTitan and I was able to pick it up instantly. I really like the homepage for WebTitan which is a nice snap shot of the current web landscape of our company. It shows all of the allowed connections and blocked connections which is nice. This makes it easy to monitor our company in one easy dashboard. The reporting feature was another addition that keep me informed on the spot anytime someone attempts to access a website they shouldn't. Also being able to customize what we block is easy and simple and we also have the ability to white list websites that are under a blocked category.

There isn't anything I dislike about WebTitan but the only thing that can become tedious is there is no home button when in another tab like the Policies tab. If I am in the policies tab I cannot get back 'Home' without editing the URL address. Certainly not something I dislike but something I would like to see enhanced at some point.

Brandon
IT Director in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers

DNS filtering is a key component to first line defense

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This product has help us thwart incoming attacks by limiting exposure on initial domain name searches.

The ability to monitor DNS traffic both onsite and remote locations. The ease of installation and the ease of management.

Would like to see better reporting tools and bulk download of logs.