Outstanding Customer Service

Christopher S.
Supply Management Officer
Wetshandhaving, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The support team is always their to provide assistance to our department at every level.

Pluspunten: The assistance that I receive while using the Barscan System is hands down top rate. Ms. Marla Williams of Grant Leading Technology is always their to assist our agency with training and refresher course techniques as needed.

Minpunten: I have to admit the at times I find that the program is not user friendly. I'm not sure if a demo is available to practice on; but that would be a great feature for skills development.

Great Product for Asset Management Inventory

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2016
Rameshreddy E.
BarScan SME
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: BarScan software is a standalone application and easy to use. We have been using BarScan for last 2 years across the world with 250 locations. BarScan technical team is very helpful, Team will respond very quickly to my technical and customization queries I will appreciate for this. BarScan software is value for money compare to other software in the market. We are able to manage Assets inward and outward records on daily basis to track the current status of Assets.

Pluspunten: BarScan software is easy to setup and Manage Asset inventory.

Minpunten: BarScan Software is not integrated with existing tools like HPAM, CA, ServiceNow.

Barscan Review

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Tirron C.
Asset Manager
Computerhardware, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is ok and really is not bad but can use some more upgrades to compete with alot more softwares that are out on the market today.

Pluspunten: The functionally of the program is ok and the features are ok.

Minpunten: Not too user friendly and should be web base which would be so much better

customer review of Bar-Scan

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2016
Blair B.
Director of Procurement and Materials Management
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The workflow takes a little while to master, but once you understand the flow, the product works well. Works particularly well for tagging many new units of the same brand and model. Reporting is very flexible.

Pluspunten: Works well for tagging many new items of the same brand and model. Reporting is very flexible. Customer service (especially from Integrated Asset Management, Inc. [email protected] ) is great!

Minpunten: The "Category" concept is not ideal for my application. Tagging of a single new item never purchased before takes some set-up.

Awesome Inventory Tool

Ronald P.
Property Control Officer
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I've been using BarScan for 10 years now. Without it my life would be truly be a nightmare. I work for a rather large agency with 8,000 plus assets and over 1,900 locations. This program allows me to keep excellent track of our assets. My favorite part of the program is the reporting. I get asked for reports on a daily basis and everyone wants something different. The ease of customizing reports is unbelievable. If the field is in BarScan, you can put it on a report. Everyone thinks I spend hours preparing these reports, when it only takes a couple of minutes to set it up. We recently purchased a new hand held computer / scanner which has really improved the speed of our inventories. It does so much more than the old one, but there are things I wish it was capable of. Finally I would like to comment on the support BarScan gives you. These people know their product and provide superb support. I rarely run into problems with the program, but when I do, the e-mail or call goes out and within the hour I'm back up and running. I can honestly say that BarScan cares about it's product and customers. In closing I can only say that I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants to fix their inventory and I do recommend it quite often. Our inventory has improved by leaps and bounds over the years. The difference between what it was ten years ago and what it is now is night and day. Thank you BarScan.

BarScan Review

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019
Cecelia C.
Property Specialist
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Not so much the software but the customer service is out standing. There are a few bumps but we are always to over come them or worth with the scope of what the end result will be. For someone that wasn't given the opportunity to take the classes for BarScan. I think it is a good program for property.

Minpunten: For me the actual workings of the program and the extent of what it can do. That is my fault because again I was not given the opportunity to take the classes. Thank good I am very familiar with property an how it supposed to work for the company

Easy system of setting up, scanning, and tracking bar codes

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018
Freelance Videographer
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Everything is provided, from the system to the hardware, so it serves as a one-stop solution for your barcode needs

Minpunten: The layout seems a bit dated, as does the hardware. However, this doesn't affect the usefulness of the system.

Systems Administrator

Sean C.
Systems Administrator
Medische praktijk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With Over 4 yrs of using bar-scan support and information from Bar-scan has been our best asset, they always are very helpful or can point you in the right direction (He is a rock-star )

Pluspunten: Inventory Control, Support, Interface is user friendly

Minpunten: a bit more complex for small Companies of under 100 users

Great product with even better support.

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018
Al K.
IT Developer
Publieke zaken, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am the administrator and I find that this product is extremely easy to maintain and the users like the product because of its features. Barscan makes their updates very easy to implement which is unlike most products that I support. Never have I had to reinstall for users after an update.

Pluspunten: Barscan does everything our Finance Department needs it to do and that is why it has been so valuable to our organization for many, many years. Upgrades are regular and simple to implement. The support has always been top notch.

Minpunten: The only thing I have heard is that it looks like an older product, but appearance is only skin deep.

BarScan

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Julius P.
IT Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: my overall experience is very good, it is a good tracking system for the equipment that is issued.

Pluspunten: The server and computer setup is easy and not hard to understand

Minpunten: the setup of the companies and the mapping to the drives

Feedback on BarScan

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2016
Kittu N.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: BarScan support is awesome. But legacy application (Foxpro based) is having challenges - network bandwidth consumption; legacy database; integration with asset management tool is a challenge; can support maximum 10 simultaneous connections only is also a challenge. Would suggest BarScan should think of enhancing this to the SQL platform and easy integration with other tools, centralized database etc. which will add great value

Antwoord van de leverancier

van BarScan op 27-10-2016

We did an extensive evaluation of Wipro's requirement prior to implementation and recommended that the customer purchase sufficient licenses to meet their worldwide bandwidth requirements. The customer chose to purchase 1/5 of the recommended licenses needed to meet our recommendation. In spite of this, with 200 BarScan handhelds in use connecting to 5 virtual servers, we feel this has been a very successful and extremely cost effective asset management installation for Wipro.

Barscan review

Margaret D.
Property Supervisor
Overheidsadministratie, 51-200 werknemers

Opmerkingen: `

Pluspunten: It's a software that allows you to do your inventory easily, get reports out and many other functions.

Minpunten: It's not an easy software, you need guidance before you use it.

Great Customer Support

Alvin K.
Systems Analyst
Overheidsadministratie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: First of all, I cannot say enough the incredible Customer Support provided by the Barscan team. A while back we had an issue that I needed to get resolved. I forgot that Support was 2 hours behind us, as I called at 7am our time. I still got a friendly answer from rep at 5am, while he was just getting out of bed. Our issue was resolved within the hour.

Pluspunten: Customer Support, ease of upgrades and maintenance.

Minpunten: Probably its unfamiliar database because I am used to working with SQL Server.

Great product for my department

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2016
James B.
Director of Accounting Operations
Hoger onderwijs, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used this product for the past three years in my department in order to conduct our movable equipment inventory. The scanners are very convenient and easy to use, they are a little heavy and bulky to carry around but they do a great job and have a great battery life. It's very easy to upload the data into Bar Scan from the scanners.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use, produces really good reports

Minpunten: Converting reports to excel is not very easy to do. Scanners are too big and bulky to carry around on campus all day.

Extremely Satisfied!!!!!

Norman M.
Owner/President
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We have been users of BarScan since 1995. Selected BarScan because it was developed by someone familiar with the challenges of facilities management. As a former facility manager for a large corporation, BarScan would have helped solve many issues I had for tracking corporate assets. Basically there was not a program in place, this software would have save perhaps millions if used corporate wide. There is a learning curve but once system is setup it is easy to maintain data collected. In fact my company has built a unique facilities service helping companies uncover and better utilize equipment of all types. Customer service from BarScan is outstanding and is an asset itself for my company.

Great System for Small to Mid-Size Users

Marla W.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I've been using BarScan for 15 years and have found it to be very flexible and comprehensive for my financial, information technology, and facilities record requirements. I also provide inventory services to my customers using the system. It allows us to change the handheld configurations on the run, create unlimited reports, and easily import/export the information from our system to the customers system. I have the Technical Support service and have found them to be very responsive -- no long waits in a que. I get a live person, the same day, and they respond to my questions or concerns. Marla Williams
Integrated Asset Management, Inc.
Severna Park, MD

Good bar scanning program

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2018
Davide D.
Lecturer
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It offers a lot of possibilities to categorize your products. Well developed!

Minpunten: Too complex. Sometimes it is hard to achieve even the most basic process.

Hasn't Failed Us

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2016
Ryan G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software is reliable and performs as directed. The key is to put good data in and maintain it regularly. The support group provides regular updates, and is responsive to inquiries.

Pluspunten: It has a lot of potential and ability.

Minpunten: It seems very flat, and requires a lot of digging and navigation. Would like to see more capability of one page information.

Facilities Project Coordinator

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2016
Sallie M.
Facilities Project Coordinator
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customer service is awesome and always available for assistance. I feel as the program is not as user-friendly and limited to handheld features and the ability to manual type in new items if not at a computer to add.

Minpunten: not being able to enter new items, employees, room numbers from handheld

DISTRIC DIRECTOR FOR RISK MANAGEMENT

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2016
Sead L.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: My favorite part is that the software will not let you accidently delete an asset. Also, I like the feature that tracks user activities in the software.

Very satisfied

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Hoger onderwijs, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Barscan is satisfactory.

Pluspunten: The most likable feature of this product is the speed.

Minpunten: The software had some glitch, but the recent update solved the problem.

The customer servers is excellent, ease of use is a bit off and some part are difficulty to work.

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2015
Cecelia C.
Property Manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Since I came from a company that used another program for property, I find that this one is a little difficult. The user manual is not that helpful, I have had to ask out IT folks to explain some parts to me. I think that a class would have been better for me. Everyone learns differently.

Full System

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018
Melvin R.
Engineer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Nice that this company offers a full system for tracking inventory

Minpunten: Some of the software is clunky and has an old looking interface