Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Blackboard Learn

Via de innovatieve technologie en diensten helpt Blackboard for Business organisaties een strategisch voordeel te behalen met educatie.

Meer informatie over Blackboard Learn

309 reviews worden weergegeven

Nhat N.
Nhat N.
Instructor in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Blackboard Learn Review

5 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I had great experience with Blackboard Learn and I will continue to use it in the future. I have not found any other education software out there that can do what Blackboard Learn does.

It is easy to use and has all of the feature I need like auto grade, the ability to create quiz and text on the fly and allow the student to get involved in the discussion.

There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Professor of Science in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

A decent LMS, but there are better ones out there that have less workability issues

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used both Blackboard and Moodle in the past, and I found them very similar for what they offered. I would have been fine using Blackboard indefinitely had I not found out about Canvas, which is what we are using now and I am absolutely it's biggest fan!

I used Blackboard for almost 10 years, and it was a decent LMS for my needs. When Blackboard Collaborate came out, it was even better because it added a new layer of possibilities (I could have several webinar/conversations going, merge conversations, and/or present to different groups at one time). However, there were always bugs in the system, even though we updated constantly. The Blackboard app was also very limited.

Too many bugs and freezes; many of my students had issues with accessing links when they used different internet browsers. Good for a small school or business, but not larger ones.

Juliette R.
Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

A Good Software but Needs Updating

3 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Blackboard Learn is a good software, but it needs some updating to look more current. If it looked more current, customers could take advantage of all the functions of this software. I used it in a very basic way simply because I did not like the look of the interface.

This software allowed me to view my assignments for college and check my grades as well. Instructors used Blackboard to post important announcements and assignments. Overall, the software was easy to navigate and easy to understand. I liked the "Announcements" board of this software as it allowed professors to post important messages that could be found in a single place. The "Alert" feature was also very useful when there was a grade or assignment update.

Blackboard has many features, but I was not able to take full advantage of them because of how the platform itself looked. The Blackboard platform, especially the black bar on the left hand side, was always confusing and the site itself looked pretty old. When my university actually switched over to Canvas, students missed the layout of Blackboard, but not the actual software, which looked like it was several years old. If the actual interface looked better, I think it would be easier to navigate.

Tanay D.
Software Developer in India
Consumentenelektronica, 201-500 werknemers

Wow..an excellent online Learning platform

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Pandemic-related problems with submitting assignments and accessing information for my online and face-to-face classes. It has become increasingly apparent to me as I progress through graduate school that this site will be useful not only for my coursework, but also for group presentations and collaboration with other students.

My assignments and materials are organized in one place. As of the most recent update, it is now much easier to use than it used to be. Assigning assignments and adding details to classes has never been simpler. Now, it's much easier to use than it was before. The process of giving students feedback and organizing my responses is simple. It's also how I communicate with them. As a result, it's easy to refer back to them and remember what I said. I also like that Blackboard integrates well with other apps. When it comes to presentations, I rely heavily on VoiceThread and Panopto. GoReact and Top Hat are also on my to-do list.

An update to the mobile app is still in order. There is a lot of work to be done on this project. On the web, the user experience was much better.

Eugenio C.
Professor in Spanje
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

How a big platform loose the ranking

4 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The mobolebapp is not functional, there is no gamification nor maestries.

I like the advertisements they did in the past, everyone knew how expensive and famous it was.

They did not innovate, they both a lot of little competitors and lately they are selling them because that strategy has lost again more innovative platforms and cheaper.

Kayla K.
Student in VS
Biotechnologie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

BlackBoard as a student

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's super easy to navigate and find all your resources on. It's well organized and I love it.

I really like using blackboard. It is a lot better than other programs I've had to learn for school. It is super easy to navigate. You can find all your assignments there. There's a calendar to make when assignments are due. My favorite part I think, is the fact that you can email another student through blackboard. So if you are doing a project and you've never met your partner, or don't have their information, you can email them through blackboard.

There really isn't anything that I don't like about it.

Kim F.
Administrative Assistant in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Better Learning Tool Out There

3 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Blackboard was not bad but since using other software I do prefer the others to Blackboard Learn.

Hosting courses on Blackboard is better than having another software. Helps with managing your class and multiple users can work together to add work to it. Integration with zoom is great and necessary. Eases the maintenance that comes with large classes for teacher assistants and professors.

So many features could be improved. We now use Canvas and prefer that to Blackboard Learn. Need more integration and more improvements on the mobile app.

Delaney F.
Legal Intern in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Complicated but Helpful

4 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The layout is more complex, and has a great many details missing from other platforms, but it is less streamlined for it. Helpful once you know what you are doing.

This software has little details on the student side that is missing from other learning platforms, like specialized involvement for presenting or using collaborative videos/meetings. It gives the students more freedoms and ways to ask questions without leaving the teacher unable to see or change needed items.

It was difficult to learn once you open the program, and there is not a tutorial or walkthrough for the overall site. You have to explore on your own, and it can be tough.

Rebekah M.
Sole Proprietor in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Functional, with some philosophical flaws

3 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It served its purpose and I don't recall any major issues with use, but when I graduated high school I was delighted to switch to Canvas in college instead. Everything about Blackboard struck me, as a student, as outdated and depressing.

Blackboard is easy to learn and usually intuitively easy for any goal you have. It helps coordinate large teams or classes, and with creative use can be set up to use most styles of teaching (group discussions, online learning, video/attachments, etc).

My concerns with Blackboard are at the philosophical level. From the way it is systematically set up, you can tell that it uses some outdated methods of teaching. Use as a student can feel oppressive, with students too easily shut down and overruled and the general aesthetic vibe being a bit darker and more confined than examples such as Canvas.

Angela C.
Vendedora autônoma in Brazilië
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Ferramenta de aprendizagem , facil de usar

4 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Comunicação com alunos e tutores dentro da plataforma dentro da plataforma.

Na hora de escolher para quem mandar a mensagens na area fale com tutor temos que procurar em uma linha extensa de contatos os dos tutores deveriam ser os primeiro e tambem o dos professores.

Signe J.
Signe J.
Owner in VS
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simplifies Grades, Course Communications, & Materials Distribution

5 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: There are a lot of learning management systems out there, and I've used several of them. Blackboard is my favorite. It has excellent capabilities, improves organization, and makes it very easy to communicate with students.

Blackboard is a great tool for communicating with students, distributing course materials, and recording student grades. The "one-stop shopping" approach makes it easy for professors to stay organized in each class, and it also makes it easy for students to stay organized. When used well, Blackboard allows you to do everything from communicating with students to uploading assignment sheets to sending class announcements. As a writing professor, I especially appreciate the SafeAssign feature that checks student assignments for plagiarism. Once I started requiring my students to use SafeAssign, I found that plagiarism attempts dropped off significantly. (So did attempts to recycle papers from one course to another.) In addition, SafeAssign saves me a lot of leg work when students DO plagiarize -- it flags the suspect text as well as the source, so I don't have to hunt it down myself.

For me, Blackboard wasn't intuitive to learn. Even after 7 years of using it nearly ever day during the semester, I had some challenges making it do what I wanted it to do. I often spent far more time than I should have trying to customize things for my courses. But, as long as I stuck to the basic features -- which are also the ones I personally found most useful/beneficial -- Blackboard was a great tool for organizing my courses and keeping students on track.

Rafael P.
Rafael P.
Undergraduate Finalist Student in Portugal
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

One of the best e-learning softwares for (higher) education

4 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is amazing, since it is a platform that has all the features (and beyond) I need for higher education (as a student).
The communication and course management are just spot on.
I feel this software has a great potential and amazing capabilities and it is definitely my favorite e-learning platform. I could easily recommend it to any higher education student/teacher.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the amazing and complete features it offers to its users. I use this software for higher education (as a student) and it is very complete and reliable. I can track all my courses, appointments, works, grades, files and many more in the same place, which is perfect for me. I also like the fact I can communicate with my teachers within this platform and the possibility to activate the email notifications for every course is a great add-up for this software.

What I like the least about this software is the User Interface (UI), as I consider the navigability could be better and the features could yet be more accessible and easier to use. Other than that, I don't have any other "complaints" about Blackboard Learn. I may mention that in the beginning of the pandemic, with the introduction of online classes, this software was a life-saver and my institution needed to contact the support team, who was very responsive and agile to solve all the issues at that time.

Brian C.
Sr. Health data analyst in
Medische praktijk, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Great way to manage several classes with great flexibility to match personal style

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it’s an improvement over just 20 years ago when a syllabus and careful listening were the only way to connect with students. Also, I’ve had great success sharing ideas with colleagues. Of course, faculty can be just irritating as the abovementioned students. I’d say an “ignore” buttons would make this score go from a 7 to a 9.

I love the ability to reach all of my students or any subgroup in multiple ways. For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized l.

The law of unintended consequences applies directly to blackboard. The same convenient and varied options that make the product great also give students more access (and wildly unrealistic expectations) to their professors. This is great for the 5% of students who have helpful and legitimate questions, but obnoxious for those who expect instant responses, midnight submissions, and A grades for D papers because “they clearly are trying. Just look at their blackboard logs and see!”

Gabriela R.
Gabriela R.
Employee in VS
Voedselproductie, 10.000+ werknemers

Blackboard LMS for Business Review

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Blackboard LMS Business is always amazing! It has helped and improved my grade so much because it lets me know ahead of time when assignments are due, which has helped be more organized as well. I love this software so much and I suggest everyone to use this!

A feature that I love the most about this software is it allows teachers to upload assignments online to eliminate the use of paper. This software is such an easy to use software and really simple to change any settings for the liking of your choice. What I also love about this is that it is a good platform to take tests and quizzes, which is super amazing because it is not confusing at all. I absolutely love this and it has helped be more organized!

A feature that I would like to see in the future is the mobile app, it could use a little improvement and it is a bit slow, but the desktop version is amazing so it does not really bother me because I usually check and do everything through my desktop. I still absolutely love this software.

Hannah D.
Clerical Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Needs some work for organization

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not great. If I were to choose, I would go with canvas, which my university will be switching to in the next four years.

Probably my favorite thing about this software is how you can link videos, external links, and also professors can create quizzes, assignments, and tests on the platform and select various settings for their individual assignment/assessment. I LOVE taking tests on here because they are straight forward.

They really need to add a "flag" feature to the tests that are made and administered through the program. There have been many times when I am taking a long multiple-choice test and am not sure of the answer but then remember it 20 questions later, but by that time I can't find the original question that I remembered the answer for. The organization of this information system is, however, trash. Navigating around the site between classes and tabs within each class is annoying and not very intuitive. The way the site is made reminds me of someone trying to make a sign with a lot of diverse information, but everything on the sign is 12pt time new roman font - there's little differentiation between different ideas and concepts.

Consultant in
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Well established platform

4 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am consulting for two institutions - the one a large higher education institution - 45 000+ Blackboard users - self hosted and the other - smaller business school - 1000+ Blackboard users - hosted. I present training and support to the faculty on how to use the LMS. Although one can discover a lot for yourself using the Blackboard help site, there are a few tips and tricks that make life a lot easier which is not always that intuitive. Problems that we are trying to solve: changing the faculty's teaching philosophy from traditional lecture based teaching to a more active learning environment. Blackboard certainly address that well - as long as you plan your activities properly, you can get excellent feedback for example let the students read or view a video on a specific concept and then let them write a pre-test before they come to the lecture. This will help you to identify where the gaps still exist which you can address then in class. Also using a flipped class room approach - Blackboard can be used to assist you in flipping your class room where you can also monitor and track which of your students engaged beforehand. I have been using WebCT and then Blackboard.

Everything is in one space - lots of tools - the sky is really the limit. I also like the Best Practice parts of the help site - it helps you to get ideas of how you can use the tools.

In terms of support from Blackboard, sometimes the person who receives the inquiry do not read properly or English is a second language because we often have to explain again and again before they understand - that is the only frustration I currently have with the support. It is unfortunately a very expensive product since the institutions are not based in the USA and therefore we are subjected to the exchange rate.

Anitha G.
postdoc in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

blackboard Learn for undergraduate classes

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I used blackboard as a graduate student and I have been using it now as an instructor for my larger chemistry classes with 200 to 250 students, and it is really very helpful, makes my classes run smoothly.

it is easy to post all assignments, class materials, notes and grades using blackboard. Especially for larger classes I don't have to print the paper copy, posting the class material on blackboard will help students to print and refer to the material easily. Gradebook is one of the best features of blackboard, I have quizzes almost everyday for my students, posting these quizzes grades were very straightforward using blackboard. I have also used blackboard for online quizzes and exams, and for lab exams.

Blackboard gets slower when many people are using at the same time and some times it becomes unavailable due to maintenance(but we do get notice prior to it). other than that I had no issue with it.

Joel thomas B.
Teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

As both a teacher and a student - Blackboard works for me

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Make sure you explore the user guides and options, blackboard can be a powerful tool but some of it's features are less than obvious!

As a instructor blackboard lets me integrate a lot of different types of media through Kaltura, structure time released content ,vary assessments, and deliver individualized learning opportunities. All of these elements are crucial to my instruction. As a student, I get mobile access and notifications about grades, announcements, and course changes that help me manage my learning.

While the features are wonderful, they are somewhat convoluted to properly utilize, requiring more steps than I would like, and can sometimes be "hidden" in such ways that I have to refer back to user guides because it's not a very intuitive integration. Therefore, as a student, I find many of my professors do not fully take advantage of the learning management system because they have limited knowledge.

Faculty in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Blackboard LMS

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Classrooms disorganized?! Not with Blackboard! This will make classroom administration a breeze, saving your instructors and administrators a lot of time and make your classroom management 1000% more efficient!

The greatest feature of this product is the ease of use with regards to its navigation. When we started using Blackboard LMS, I literally trained a large portion of our staff on the ins and outs of the software in less than 2 hours. This has made classroom organization the easiest it has been in decade. Our instructors can distribute class materials, assignments, and grades with a few clicks. It is absolutely amazing!

Installation can be both lengthy and problematic if you are moving from an incompatible LMS. While we were lucky, we still ran into bugs while making our transition. This was frustrating, but was luckily done during the summer, when attendance was at its lowest.

Juliano carlos D.
Network Administrator in Brazilië
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great and Powerful LMS - Blackboard.

4 2 jaar geleden

The way we can review the documents; The better way to report plans localized to the group. I can gauge what matters more simple and directely. I like all the information, the trend is in one space, graphed automatically and an easy way of collaboration and track deliverables.

We don't have any major issues using Blackboard. It is a really good service for us!

Paralegal in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Makes my Online classes SO Much easier

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I love it. It helps me to focus on my school work and know when I have assignments due. It notifies me when new material is uploaded. ANYTHING that makes my life easier is a A++ in my book!

Blackboard has been AMAZING for organizing my online classes. I take 4 online classes a semester and I would be a mess if I didn't have blackboard reminding me of what needs done and making it super easy. Its very easy to upload my assignments and see whats due when it's due. Everything about it is SUPER easy and organized so I can focus all my energy on my school work.

I still can't figure out how to export my due dates to my calendar. I'm not sure if you even can, but I can't find any support on it. I don't like how I can't change the names of my courses and Ive had 3 courses that I dont take anymore still showing up and can't get them to disappear.

Kenatu B.
Senior Programmer Analyst in Canada
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Hammer To Swat a Fly

4 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Blackboard is a classic case of good product upgrading too much until you lose what made it great. It has a lot of value added features, so much so that you can no longer find the simple things. They should also focus on getting the bugs out of what is really needed and not focus so much on adding more. Keep it simple, stupid KISS. over all a pretty decent LMS but there are better for less.

Feature Rich - lots of value added functionality Love that there are break out rooms for each session Clickable rubrics - awesome Cons 345/100 characters minimum

Grading system is too granular. if you use this it makes it too easy for a few bad assignments to tank students grades and gives the instructor more work. What do you have against independent content. I create videos using Camtasia and Movavi, but its often a fight get them placed where I'd like or even to get them to run in the first place.

CIO in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Blackboard

4 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This is our LMS system and we are in general very happy with it.

I have found it easy to use and easy to get used to. I like the value that it brings to the educational experience.

It's not the most modern product. That being said all the tools exist once you get used to it and find them.

Christopher M.
Undergraduate Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Undergraduate Learning with Blackboard Learn

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Blackboard Learn was optimal as a student in college.

I found this advantageous when I was in college as an undergraduate. It was great to track my course work and online assignments through this LMS. For its time it was adequate with the UI layout but to modern look and feel of websites and web application software in 2020 it would be outdated unless they revamped the display of everything.

It was just a bit clunky at times and occasionally a pain in the @$$ but it still got the job done. It might have been that my student user rights weren't fully configured and there was a lack of training from the university for students to use the tool and not on the fault of Blackboard Learn.

John C.
John C.
Professor in
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

a Long Term User's Honest Experience

1 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Quick background, was in high tech sales and marketing for many years prior to teaching and heavily involved with custom Computer Graphics systems since Time Arts Lumena was around (predecessor to Photoshop). Check out my LinkedIn profile for more details. On to the product review -- I've been using Blackboard for *many* years, and have been teaching (and doing) Web Design and Development since 1993. I'm retiring shortly, so I can be absolutely frank and honest about my experience with this app without fear of upsetting IT folks or admins that I would have to work with in the future. Truthfully, the ONLY reason I use this app is because I have no alternative at the College where I teach and it gives the students easy access to information, but so would any LMS (Learning Management System). The UIX (User Interface Experience) is incredibly archaic and counter-intuitive. It's also painfully slow to use, as it does constant server requests (just paste the URL for a Blackboard connection into http://www.webpagetest.org/ for testing). Sometimes one single click every 15 seconds is all the system will react to when I'm using the grade book, etc. -- in the "real" world, without captive users, no one would ever return to a site with those response times. To be fair to Blackboard, part of that may (or may not) be our schools network or Blackboard interface setup. As far as usability, Blackboard needs to let the User Interface and UIX designers (if they even had any) direct the techs and coders. It's *very* obvious that it's been the reverse, . They should 'steal' some Apple UIX people and give them some *real* power to direct how the app works and what it looks like. I've just finished using Blackboard for 3 hours+ doing things that should have taken 1 hour or less had the interface been optimized and more thought out. For example, under the 'Assignments' and 'Course Documents' sections there is no easy way to reorder or batch select using something basic like check boxes or a multi-select hot keys. Also, any NEW assignment or document post goes to the BOTTOM (the absolute reverse of a Blog post) So I need to drag it back to the top (where it logically should go). However, even that is awkward, since when I drag to the top of the browser the window does not auto-scroll. I have to hold the left mouse button at the same time as I use my middle finger to roll the mouse wheel -- duh!!. There IS a small text window pop-up accessed via an archaic icon to reorder posts, however, that shows only 5 assignment titles at a time (no window resize function to show more than 5). I can reorder them there, but need to do a single mouse click each time it moves up one position, but again, with no way to see more than 5 and no way to multi-select. So, if I have 50 course documents and want to shift 5 new documents to the top (where they belong) that's almost 250 mouse clicks to re-position 5 documents to where they should be in the first place - duh!! In Gradebook it only shows 10 students listed by default. I can change the setting up to 50 but the next time I go back it's back or need to refresh something -- it's back to 10. It doesn't save defaults or give me a choice. This may seem to be nit-picking, but over the period of a 14 week semester that's a lot of wasted time time and clicks. I'm going to end my review here as I have more work to do, but when I saw a 4 star review for this LMS being the solo review I had to balance it out. Bottom line is, the concept is good -- many, many modules/tools in a LMS bundled package but the execution is absolutely awful. Just Google search 'Blackboard sucks' or 'I hate Blackboard' if you want real faculty and user opinions sans any marketing spin. Other telltale signs are when a company start to lose long-term clients. Ryerson University in Toronto just did a switch from Blackboard after "a multi-year consultation process". More on that process is here http://lms.blog.ryerson.ca/ Hopefully that last paragraph doesn't get censored, because that's the source of raw truth.

1. it's an LMS and something is better than nothing. 2. It's full of examples I can show my students on how not to do UI and UIX 3. Well established company is behind it 4. Modular front-end 5. Many bells and whistles

1. Counter intuitive, clunky, awkard UI (User Interface) - improve it by hiring UI/UIX experts and giving them actual control over the app interface and functions. 2. Slow (even when on the same network node or high speed cable connection) - needs a code rewrite/optimization. 3. Ancient aesthetics (although some design elements are now "flat design-ish") - hire UI and UIX designers and actually allow them to direct the final interface. 4. Many glitches (I've a folder full of screen-shots, if you want proof) - again a code rewrite needed, or ideally a complete start-over with newer code philosophies and methods.