labfolder Electronic Lab Notebook reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over labfolder Electronic Lab Notebook

Versnel je onderzoek: Labfolder is een elektronisch laboratorium-notitieboek (ELN) dat je helpt je onderzoeksgegevens te documenteren, organiseren en delen.

Meer informatie over labfolder Electronic Lab Notebook

8 reviews worden weergegeven

Graduate Student
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

"Really useful for lab meetings and 1-on-1 meetings with the boss"

Pluspunten: The best part about this software is no more writing and drawing in a physical notebook! I can have this program open on the same computer I am collecting data with and just type in any notes if necessary. Also, I can take screenshots and add those to the page as well. For lab meeting, I can bring all of my notes, raw data, and analyzed graphs in the exact same place/screen for a huge time saving boost.

Minpunten: This is actually probably a good thing overall, but I hate it. It allows my boss to see my daily progress, as he can see what I upload to it and when. This kind of creates a bit of a micromanaging situation which I personally don't like.

• Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Markus K.
Postdoc Researcher
Biotechnologie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2017

"I tested several ELNs before selecting labfolder, which suited my needs the best."

Opmerkingen: Helped me and my colleagues in the lab work together more efficiently. We sometimes also have researchers from other institutions working with us on different projects, which would be complicated without an online interface and the collaboration tools.

Pluspunten: - Easy to manage experiment data, even in group projects
- Free for small teams, affordable for larger groups
- Protocol templates save me a lot of time!
- Audit trail so I can review and restore any changes made
- I can export all my notes as a xhtml

Minpunten: - The design is a bit boring (but functional)
- Limited storage (3GB) in the free version
- No Open source version

• Beoordeeld op 22-6-2017
Student
Biotechnologie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019

"Science notebook"

Opmerkingen: Although it is convenient, it is not my cup of tea. I'll stick to pen and paper.

Pluspunten: It allowed for ease of access when it came to sharing my lab notebook with other people in my lab. Always legible.

Minpunten: I prefer having a hardcopy notebook and this seem counterintuitive to be writing things down via pen and then typing up my notebook.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019
Senior Research Associate
Biotechnologie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2020

"Intuitive and easy the system is to use"

Opmerkingen: This is how Lab notebooks should be in 21st century! It helped our laboratory to track and record our notes and data in a modern and very efficient way.

Pluspunten: I'd really like the fact that you can import and export data with this software. You can also save the template and save lots of time. It is very nice that you don't have to manually draw tables or shapes.

Minpunten: I cant think of a major disadvantages. For sure I would like more storage for free but I guess it's not really a disadvantage.

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2020
Jacques B.
Student
Biotechnologie
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2017

"Very satisfied. Labfolder helps me organize my research notes during my Phd studies"

Opmerkingen: i have a better overview of all my experiments

Pluspunten: I like the search functionality a lot. Save me a lot of time that I can just search for certain keywords and find a note I created about a particular experiment over a year ago.

Minpunten: As I sometimes use certain advanced excel functionalities, it would be useful to have full excel functionality embedded, rather than always having to import the files from Excel into the notebook.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van labfolder op 11-7-2017

Thanks for the nice review Jacques! We're very glad that you enjoy using labfolder.

• Beoordeeld op 11-7-2017
Julia W.
Staff Scientist
  • Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018

"Super easy onboarding experience. Our entire team was set up within days and loving it!"

Pluspunten: 1. It's just easy to use and set up for the team. Very important since some members of the team were skeptical about giving up their notebooks.
2. GDPR compliance - I work at a European biotech company and I felt that so many of the providers were unaware or unprepared with dealing with data privacy issues. labfolder clearly invested time in its compliance and all our data stays stored in the EU.
3. Works well for industry use.

Minpunten: Nothing major comes to mind. There are always a few things we come up with that would be nice to have, but all the important stuff is there.

• Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Tobias F.
Research Associate
  • Beoordeeld op 31-7-2017

"good experience"

Pluspunten: It is nice that you can record which materials have been used for each experiment, and then search for them in the notebook. Also the audit trail is important to me. I tried different tools before like OneNote and LabCollector - not as useful.

Minpunten: Not so easy to use in the beginning. Also the table has limited functionalities. Would also want to see an integration with Box .

Antwoord van de leverancier

van labfolder op 31-7-2017

Thank you for leaving a review Tobias! We are working on a new user interface which will make it easier for beginners to discover all the features that labfolder has to offer. Also, while we do not have an integration with Box, we do offer an integration with Dropbox and also offer decent storage options in the ELN itself.

• Beoordeeld op 31-7-2017
Erin J.
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020

"labfolder Review"

Opmerkingen: This has eliminated the need for paper resources. Instead of storing things in piles, folders, cases.. you can now store them online and search for them with ease.

Pluspunten: This is basically an electronic lab notebook. I like that it is easy to add any format document and also input graphs, charts, and other types of lab data.

Minpunten: I would suggest keeping a backup record of each because if the system goes down or there is a glitch and you do not keep any copies, then all of your work is gone. It is this way with everything tech-y, though.

• Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020