Over Nutshell

Nutshell is geavanceerd genoeg voor elk bedrijf, eenvoudig genoeg voor elke gebruiker en is de onverwacht krachtige CRM waar verkoopteams dol op zijn.

Meer informatie over Nutshell

One of the cool functions is that it integrates with email, so when you have communications with customers, it automatically shows in the tool.

I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Beoordelingen van Nutshell

3,9
Waar voor je geld

Nutshell heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 375 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Nutshell eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (375)

Marilyn
Marilyn
Global Sales Director in Canada
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Bang for your Buck

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great! It helps the team stay on track whether it's sales or implementation.

Reporting and filtering reports. Keeping a track record of our leads.

Have to move over to pro to get more then one sales process. Pro is so expensive.

National Sales Director in VS
Machinebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent CRM for our Niche Application - Best of Multiple Reviewed/Used

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent! The customer service has been responsive and the system has been 100% reliable.

Barrier to entry was low with minimal upfront cost needed to evaluate the software. Ease of use for a small company with minimal resources to devote to developing, executing, and maintaining the system.

So far the only con that we have experienced has been in the reporting functions. This could be a by-product of our unique needs or our lack of resources available to investigate it further. It does seem limited compared to Salesforce.

Prescott
Prescott
President in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 11-50 werknemers

leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered.

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell says they are only helping to land the sale, not support it, but this mindset about how they build their software results in a horrible disconnect with regards to how we are forced to serve our customers, and thus we are using a CRM that doesn't support the full life cycle of a sale. We keep hoping Nutshell will fix this and improve because their customer service is great, and their people mean well, but after several years of patiently waiting, we are concerned that we may never see this problem fixed. The mobile app also has so many glitches with the UX that it can't even compare the experience to how you can use leads in a web browser. Further, when we have a customer call in to ask about their account, the recent leads puts the oldest first in the list, which means we have to scroll through several hundred orders just to open the last order we did for that client. If you are trying to sell to a major corporate account with multiple facilities / departments, forget it with Nutshell; linking subcompanies / vendors / partners / other locations is a nightmare in Nutshell.

Madalynn
IT/Projects Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

Rashid
Partner in Australië
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Nutshell product review

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used a number of different systems including Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive. I like Nutshell's flexibility and ease of use.

Tags - are the most used feature - so I can easily segment lists. The ability to sort with multiple tags. Easy importing from a spreadsheet.

Having to add a tag into the system BEFORE uploading a contact spreadsheet. If the tag doesn't already exist - the import fails. Which is an extra step and a waste of time.

Greg
Greg
CEO in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Nutshell VS Act

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I was an ACT user for 10+ years and when they went to an cloud solution the product because so slow and crappy I had to make a switch. Testes and used many programs and landed on Nutshell. Great product & great support!

The process of a lead and a person a little confusing at 1st.

Jean-Marie
Business Development in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect solution for startups

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Brian
President in VS
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great product for my team!

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Setting up and importing our current customer information was easy. Once you wrap your head around the Nutshell way of doing things, you can easily manage a large database of customers.

Nutshell does not integrate easily with WooCommerce which leads to using third-party plugins that are limited due to NutShell API.

Karen
Marketing Coordinator in VS
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Nutshell review

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Nutshell worked for us for several years but we need a more robust system that integrated with our accounting/contracts side of business. We have purchased a sage CRM.

Easy to use. I was able to train others easily. I liked the customizable fields and the dashboard. I liked the ease of using system settings.

We do not sell widgets or a product. We sell a service. I did not use your email feature as it was a disaster for us. Our clients send many emails regarding more than one opportunity and your feature only sorts the emails according to the name of the client.

Systems Analyst in Canada
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers

Great for Lead Management

4,0 9 maanden geleden

We use Nutshell for our Account Management and CRM, however the biggest feature we utilize is the Lead Management. Being in a manufacturing industry for architectural material, we will have leads on projects that span over 2-3 years, so Nutshell allows us to track each lead and ensure regular follow-ups are maintained with the customer.

This was a brand new venture for us in this type of software, so we had nothing to compare it to. Like every new software, there was a learning curve but we felt that it was justified to the benefits we gained.

Mark
President & COO in VS
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique: There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast and clarity. Nutshell's UI gets high marks in my book for uncluttered design and common-sense functionality. But as people get older, it gradually becomes harder to distinguish low-contrast elements in a design. Contrast (and color, of course) also can be used (and is used to a degree in Nutshell) to 'lead the eye to where the action is. ' My suggestions for improving the main user screen are these: 1) Search Everything is, by definition, a key feature -- it should have a STRONG presence, instead of looking almost greyed-out. 2) Use bolder and slightly larger text throughout. To a degree, weight and size will compensate for lack of contrast -- and without cluttering the layout.

6 jaar geleden

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Vince
District Business Manager in VS

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from Dashboard

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

For what I use the software for there really are not any cons. I am an end user so I primarily use it for setting/following up/tracking my daily calls and contacts. I guess on the computer side the only negative I would say is the search engine is very fickle, sometimes you can put in specific words and you get some crazy thing that has nothing to do with the company or person your looking for and then you can misspell what your looking for and get exactly what you want. I will say that the app for my HTC phone is somewhat lacking. I can set appointments just fine and log calls/emails but the searching for a certain person or company is very very limited

6 jaar geleden

Hi Vince, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The search function is on our list to investigate and we are definitely working on the mobile app. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Joshua
Business Developer in Israël
Juridische dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me successfully!

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: many successful placements!

First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

why not build an automatic clock, showing the time the caller is calling into lead location, maybe next to a number lead. additionally, you would raise the value of your product substantially if you were to build a functionality that allowed a search of the words in the activities (message) section of your lead page. this would allow users an ability to quickly zero in on valuable leads based on previous messages noted. just think when users leave or when their leads are reassigned to different users, how valuable a tool that would be to follow up on hot leads that need to be brought to a close.

Tyler
Director of Web Strategy (sales director) in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point. The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do" items for leads are now harder to get to. You have to select to-do specifically because it defaults to Activities, and then for it to be useful for us, we need to select "only steps with due times" to avoid having cancelled leads etc. show up. I also re-arrange the panes every morning so that the to-do is the majority of the screen. I'd prefer being able to select a permanent layout instead of re-doing it every day.

Marketing Manager in VS
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Great, user-friendly CRM tool for small businesses

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Nutshell has really helped us with our initial sales/setup processes and is very user-friendly while still being customizable. The customer service support is top notch and it has helped us have a smaller learning curve implementing software into the company.

Nutshell is super user-friendly and easy to use. The interface is well designed and not cluttered with a bunch of different icons/links. It's cloud based and can be used anywhere on various devices (computers, tablets, phones, etc). It can sync with Gmail, Outlook, etc. Set up was done very quickly and mostly in one day. It also integrates with our email marketing software, MailChimp. There are a ton of features like contact management, task management, forecasting/reporting modules, etc. We have just begun to scratch the surface of this software! Customer support is great and I appreciate that you can contact them via phone, email and chat whereas some companies limit you to only 1 or 2 of those options. It's also great because you can do a month to month payment plan and you don't have to sign any contracts. This is perfect for small businesses just starting out that don't want to commit to new software.

One thing that annoys me is having to set a time for a phone call as my days aren't that predictable. When I don't make the call by that time, it will go into unlogged activities which can feel stressful/hectic. A couple times I have dealt with freezing inside the program but this isn't frequent. Also, it's easy to get caught up in keeping yourself organized and spending too much time. But I have found that to be the case with other CRM softwares.

Mitch
VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Nutshell - More Good than Bad

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Used Nutshell for 2 years .. .... ..... ... .managing daily sales processes and contacts.

Keep track of daily follow ups - and record entire history with contacts. Basic CRM stuff it does well.

1. Where did the Gmail Gadget go? This was the best feature and now it's gone. :( 2. The relationship between the Lead and the Customer can be confusing... 3. Reporting for specific items can be challenging as well.

7 jaar geleden

Mitch, Thanks for the review! We've been working directly with Google to get the Gmail Gadget back online. Unfortunately, this was an issue on their end and completely out of our hands ¿ it affected a good number of other products, as well. As of today, the gadget is back online. You can read a few more details at: http://status.nutshell.com/incidents/3l9j5sdbjplx Thanks so much for using Nutshell. We've got some exciting improvements to reporting under development. Can't wait to show them off! Best, Andy Fowler

Alice
Operations Manager in VS

We have used Nutshell to keep track of our contacts & leads since around 2013

4,0 6 jaar geleden

- Straightforward interface; easy to train new people - The ability to import emails via "[email protected]" to keep track of conversations and relationships across many offices - Easy to bulk upload or update contacts or companies with tags - Thoughtful reports - Generally responsive customer support team - The 'merge duplicates' feature is very helpful

- We have leads open in 2+ currencies and for a while now, the reports have not been converting the amounts into one estimated total in a single currency correctly -- therefore, instead of using the (nice!) built in reports, I am still having to export all the data and do the conversion myself and create the reports again in Excel. If this bug were fixed we would definitely use the reporting feature more often!

Katie
Marketing in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good product for small businesses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to set up, great monitoring tool, second party Zapier makes automations feasible and employees able to grasp concepts quickly.

I like the automation, filtering functionality and ease of getting in touch with customer service. Their chat function is great for answering questions.

The issue I have most about this software is the email filtering when it comes to leads. I could have multiple projects with the same client, but all of his/her emails show up under the lead. I wish these emails filtered out depending on the conversation.

Meredith
Managing Broker in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

We have used Nutshell with great success. It's a fantastic, user-friendly CRM.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nutshell has been instrumental in growing the business from a start-up to a team of 8 in 18 months. Nutshell's flexibility, reasonable cost, and customizable sales processes all contributed to our growth. I'd even go so far as to say this CRM shaped the way we do business and think about sales.

Nutshell has everything that's really necessary without requiring a lot of time-stinking busywork. It works well for one person, semi-independent collaboration, and for teams. Also has great integrations, but probably its best feature is its flexibility.

I wish we did not have to visit setup to create a new product and then go back to the lead to add it. All our leads require products and all the products are one of a kind, so it's the only hiccup in an otherwise completely smooth process.

6 jaar geleden

Meredith, Wow, we are so happy to have helped you along the way! Thank you for being a Nutshell customer, we are excited to continue growing with you! Best, Asya

Caio
CEO in Brazilië

It is very user friendly for both parties, the final user and the manager.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Flexebility and Customization are one of the big pros. The dashboard has improved a lot since one year ago.

The repports are weak, at least in the version that we use. It seams that in the pro version there is more features, and more complete repports. I was mad when I saw for the first time that a Pro version have been lauched with features that we were dreaming to have, and that it wasnt included in our version. When we signed Nutshell we got the top version beleving that it was a great cost benefit. Having some special features in a more expensive version after that wasn't good. And at that time nobody even offered us a trial of the Pros features.

Mark
CEO in Australië
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

We like it. The iphone app is bit laggy.

Opmerkingen: Lots

Adding contacts when in gmail (The widget) Strong gmail integration. Tagging options are good. Would like to see a real iPad app

No Gmail contact sync. Piesync can do it, why can's nutshell? No Wysiwig editor for emails in Nutshell. No attachments in Nutshell I can't make sense of how to include a CC to an email , without adding them to the contact lead email lists Need to have default intl area codes for phones in diff regions There should be global email templates. If I have a sales team, all needing to uses a common template, it means they all need to copy/create there won template, including understanding of teh mark-up syntax. Not good.

Thomas
IT/Graphic Design in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Overall it's positive. I know I can expect it to be working day to day.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Multi-user contact sharing with phone app and SSB desktop app. Helps us track current customers and work with them more effectively.

How flexible it is for when we decide to track new customer information. The tag system and how people are connected to companies is rather nice.

How difficult it is to search for a customer or person by their phone number. Right now I have to create a temporary filter and enter the entire phone number in it to see if there's an entry and then have to do it again for people if the number wasn't recognized as a company. The feature I want most is to be able to type in the last 4 digits of a phone number and see every person and company attached to that number. No proper iPad app. No offline desktop apps. There was a feature I was missing on the iPhone app but can't remember what it is.

Eric
Account Manager in VS
Bouw
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Great CRM for large to small groups of users

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Nutshell has been a great fit for me in tracking all of my sales activities. This service is very easy to use and allows me to quickly retrieve key account or contact details to allow me to better service my prospects and customers. I appreciate the fact that it can be as simple or complex as you need it to be, meaning that every feature is not made into a field that you have to navigate even if you do not use them. All interaction with Nutshell staff has been very quick and efficient. They continue to roll out additional product features so you know that they are growing. The price for this service is very reasonable and I would certainly even pay more knowing the value that it has given my business.

Nutshell is still growing a little bit, so there are features that are still in the works for development or improvement. However, they communicate well on some of what they are working on so you know progress is being made.

Dan
VP Sales in VS
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Very solid tracking system

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Tracking clients, leads and sales forecasting

Easy to use; Tracking clients and leads are very useful to driving revenue; Linking email accounts and documenting conversations saves me a great amount of time

Settings area could be setup better to link accounts and report setup could function a little better. Granted improvements have been made over the past year where it is much better than before.

6 jaar geleden

Hey Dan! Thanks a bunch for your feedback and taking the time to review Nutshell. We are happy you find the system solid and we'll investigate your concern with the settings area. Many thanks, Amanda

Justin
Project Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Great solution for salespeople to keep track of leads.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The ability to manage as many client profiles as my sales team can fit into a quarter with ease.

It's built in notification and notes system allows any salesperson to master their time management and keep a consistent reliable schedule, while maintaining accurate details of each client conversation to allow you to pick up right where you left off with any client.

It can be a bit glitchy at times, like any software, but to my knowledge it has never lost a single client profile across our entire company, making it reliable despite its flaws.