Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Atera

Remote Monitoring Management (RMM), Professional Services Automation (PSA) en bediening op afstand: het allerbeste van IT op één plek.

Meer informatie over Atera

141 reviews worden weergegeven

Troy P.
Junior System Administrator
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018

"Lightweight - Easy to Navigate - Decent integration"

Opmerkingen: Easy management of hundreds of endpoints/customers.

Pluspunten: Splashtop is a very lightweight and easy to deploy streamer. The RMM client is also very lightweight and resource light compared to others. Email Ticketing and portal ticketing work very well. Reports and metrics are very comprehensive and easy to generate. The recent addition of a chat client was a great move, and adds a few steps of fucntionality. REST API (See Cons)

Minpunten: Quickbooks integration is available but is finicky. No matter how much we work with them to get the few wrinkles ironed out, it never seems to improve (Class types not populating properly once imported to QB) REST API is very powerful, until its not. There are a lot of options in the API, but there could definitely be more. They offer a community forum to request features, but any API requests seem to go unseen/unattenteded.

• Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018
Rich L.
Owner and MSP

"Highly recommend Atera"

Opmerkingen: Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pluspunten: Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

Minpunten: Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Kiran M.
SE
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2020

"Best automation and RDP to connect"

Opmerkingen: Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pluspunten: Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Minpunten: 1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

• Beoordeeld op 8-7-2020
James D.
COO
  • Beoordeeld op 17-3-2019

"Quality has gone downhill"

Opmerkingen: We have been with Atera since 2015. We have seen a lot of changes, most for the better. But at the start of 2019 everything has gone down hill. The site is slow, remote support (Splashtop) frequently goes down, and the lack of true support. What I mean by lack of true support is that they know they have a problem on their end, yet you get a canned response from them to flush your cookies and history. We are a IT company! We know a problem when we see one, and flushing our browsers is not going to fix the issues they are having. It is quite embarrassing when a customer calls you and you are unable to help them remotely because your systems don't work. Time to move to another RMM!

Pluspunten: The price point for this product is excellent, if it worked properly.

Minpunten: Constant issues in the past few months. Cannot use remote frequently, it fails consistently since January 2019. Customer support is responsive in a canned response kind of way.

• Beoordeeld op 17-3-2019
Aziz K.
Information Systems Lead
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019

"Atera Review"

Opmerkingen: Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pluspunten: The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Minpunten: The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

• Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Saad M.
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-12-2019

"Most options available for a small MSP"

Opmerkingen: Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pluspunten: Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Minpunten: Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

• Beoordeeld op 23-12-2019
Aaron L.
Managing Member
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Great Product!"

Pluspunten: I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!

Minpunten: It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase.

Brian L.
Lead Tech
  • Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020

"Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution"

Opmerkingen: We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pluspunten: Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Minpunten: The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

• Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020
Jason Z.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019

"Excellent value all around"

Opmerkingen: This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pluspunten: I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Minpunten: I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

• Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
Lanny A.
Network Analyst
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-1-2020

"Great MSP Program"

Opmerkingen: Great solution for overall RMM

Pluspunten: Everything is easily accessible. A few clicks and you're where you need to be. Auditing reports are a life saver!

Minpunten: Haven't found one issue. This solution work's great for any MSP looking to keep close tabs and easily manage their client.

• Beoordeeld op 23-1-2020
Kevin M.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-7-2020

"The best software for an SMB MSP"

Opmerkingen: Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pluspunten: I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Minpunten: The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Joseph S.
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019

"Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature"

Opmerkingen: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pluspunten: The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Minpunten: Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

van Atera op 11-9-2019

Hello, Joseph!

Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product!

Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks?

In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2019
Kaine C.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018

"My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace. "

Pluspunten: What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance.
Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee.
The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.)
Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

Minpunten: The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018
Steven W.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

"Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs"

Opmerkingen: When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time!
Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pluspunten: Low cost of entry and low monthly cost
No cost for per agent
VERY easy setup
VERY easy to use

Minpunten: Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

van Atera op 17-4-2019

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Robert F.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

"Great value easy to use"

Opmerkingen: I've used all of the major RMM tools and this is the best value for what I do. The support has been very good and they reach out to offer help regularly.

Pluspunten: It's many features, price and support. The remote tool works and the file transfer.

Minpunten: It's a work in progress and the progress is going along rapidly.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019
  • Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

"Atera Review aftera few months of Use"

Opmerkingen: Things have been great. I am a one man shop and even though I have been with Atera a few months now, I still consider myself an onboarding customer. I am no longer taking on new clients as my workload is full, but I do feel that once I am completely switched over, not only will I be more organized, but I will also be saving a lot of money that can be reinvested.

Pluspunten: The obvious benefit is the pricing model for Atera. I can now add devices and then worry about the billing later as it is not by device. I also like the rate of updates, and the quick access to a live chat support during the day. All of the features I would need daily are there, task manager, service manager, event logs, etc....as well as some nice extras I haven't yet to configure but will soon, like the Help desk agent that provides endpoint chat to your customers with automatic ticket creation.

Minpunten: Some things are a little clunky and not as intuitive as they should be, or not yet a 'polished' module and needs some work. Some examples: the event logs are now full of atera service entries that drown out most useful items, they said there is a way to filter it out, but I have't found a way to stop just Atera entries.
Looking for software installed using the reports doesn't allow you generate all software on an endpoint, just where a specific piece of software is installed. Most MSPs (afaik) would prefer to see all software installed, as well as having the ability to look for software, so that they can locate bad things installed.
File transfer speed through Splashtop is very slow, but I have other remote tools that don't make this an issue for me. There is very little asset tracking for hardware or software installed as well. You also cannot view software installed on an offline device.

• Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018
John S.
IT Consultant
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2019

"Great product for the price"

Opmerkingen: I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

Pluspunten: I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

Minpunten: I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

Bob B.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-12-2019

"They hit the sweet spot..."

Opmerkingen: Excellent experience. Wish I found them years earlier.

Pluspunten: They started with a clean slate, fresh thinking and single purpose. There is no bloat. They hit the sweet spot. We ditched a system that was costing us more, but price isn’t everything or even the most important thing… We are now doing more with our RMM than ever before. -It’s easier to use, does everything we need and the support is fantastic!

Minpunten: If you run it up on your mobile device, the UI is a little more limited, for example I could not find a way to run scripts. To work around this, navigate to the device you want and tell your browser to switch from mobile to desktop version of the site. They are also releasing a native mobile app soon, perhaps it will include ability to run scripts on mobile in a more streamlined manner.

• Beoordeeld op 25-12-2019
Jorge T.
IT engineer
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

"Atera Anywhere"

Pluspunten: I love the fact that Atera is accessible anywhere. Computer, Laptop, Phone or Tablet. Anywhere that I am, I have full access to my workstations. At anytime a customer can call with help and I am able to connect on the spot to their computer to help. Also the Auditing system, which allows you to filter computers and categorize hardware and software is an amazing feature. I cannot stress the importance of this tool and its capabilities for someone that has so many computers to manage.

Minpunten: I feel like Agent can sometimes show a computer offline when its not. Sometimes the Agent can even show offline and immediately come online. Also a more portable version of the agent would be nice. Once upon a time i could carry my agent installer in a USB and from there i could install the end for any computer and choose what company folder it belong to.

Ryan L.

"Go Atera!"

Opmerkingen: Organizing and managing different clients and computers has been great.

Pluspunten: It was a breeze to setup. Tons of functionality to automate scripts, RDP to client computers, easy to organize client computers. The layout is super easy to learn. Basically what I love most about Atera is the easy-of-use of it all. It's very detailed, but simple at the same time.

Minpunten: I have used Atera for approximately 6 months and have found no cons with it so far.

Josh W.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2019

"Amazing features and disruptive pricing"

Pluspunten: The pricing was the biggest draw card for us. Making it an IT Tool not an added service we onsell to our clients. The API is helpful

Minpunten: There is no true app, we have written our own to make it easier for our techs to get data into the system

Neil T.
IT Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018

"A great PSA tool at a compelling price"

Pluspunten: Atera gives me the tools I need to provide remote monitoring and management of my client's IT. It's got a robust and easy-to-set-up NMS, excellent remote access tools and automation is straightforward and intuitive.
Initial setup was very easy and I can deploy the agent via an installer or Active Directory. There is an Agent for MacOS which actually works.
There's a nice little client database for me to track client configurations and notes.
There is a helpdesk system that I do not use at present as I have another combined helpdesk/ordering/billing system that I have used for some time.
Atera charge by the agent, not the node, meaning it is incredible value for money and it enables me to be ultra-competitive on pricing too where the situation calls for it.

Minpunten: I really like the system and it's really hard to knock it. For a PSA tool it's just what I need and it suits me very well.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
Philip D.
Information Security Specialist
Diergeneeskunde, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-3-2019

"Atera = More Sleep"

Opmerkingen: My experience has been pretty good so far with Atera. It has definitely improved in the last few months as some major patches were released.

Pluspunten: I love that I can have unlimited endpoints. Ease of use from phone, tablet, and computer. Reporting is great for the boss and the board to see how we are doing tech wise. Tech support is always getting involved and going above and beyond for my requests.

Minpunten: Splashtop is not always the most responsive. Lacking some automation that is provided by other companies such as Labtech and Kaseya. Does not integrate with trend micro.

van Atera op 17-4-2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Philip! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us, and are using your feedback to make our system even better. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Beoordeeld op 25-3-2019
Everton S.
Freelance I.T Support
  • Beoordeeld op 4-10-2018

"Atera Review"

Opmerkingen: I have not had to use their customer support as yet. I found the overall software quite user friendly and easy to use and i was able to get it setup, customized and deployed just by using their knowledge base articles. I also liked that i did not get a sales call the day after i signed up for the 30 day trial. I was able to take my time and play around with the solution and then they contacted me and offered me a walk through using my own setup so that the questions and answered were targeted to me rather than the general features and functionality pitch which i already read through on their website.

Pluspunten: What i liked most about atera was that they included remote control software, a helpdesk ticketing system, patch management and Customer Management , plus more as part of their package with a single low cost fee licensed per technician rather than per device. This pricing model really made me take a good look at them and while there is still room for improvement the solution provided right now works very well for me and allows me to move away from the break/fix model and become more proactive with issues.

Minpunten: Coming from allows Corporate background i found their software inventory to not be up to what i was expecting. I am told this is being worked on and once delivered i may have to nit pick to find some cons

• Beoordeeld op 4-10-2018
Shaun A.
Senior Technician
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2018

"Easy to setup and always evolving in the right ways"

Opmerkingen: Scaled up very fast with minimum overheads.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, SAAS based, unlimited endpoints, great price, solid product with great support.
I have used labtech, kaseya with connectwise and Naverisk and no place I have worked at has ever utilised each of the products to their capacity, especially compared to the price.
No sense in having un-used features.
We have built our Atera instance "our way" to suit our method of doing business and it's amazing.
It covers everything we require and is still evolving, but that's part of the fun.

Minpunten: OSX support is additional.
"Select All" to apply script would be useful.
Billing / time recording could be more polished.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2018