Zoom Meetings reviews

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,4 /5

Over Zoom Meetings

Zoom combineert videoconferenties in de cloud, eenvoudige online vergaderingen en groepsberichten in één gebruiksvriendelijk platform.

Meer informatie over Zoom Meetings

7.262 reviews worden weergegeven

Brent w P.
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"Great software but a resource hog on computers"

Opmerkingen: My experience with Zoom has been positive and nearly all users are able to use the software for our meetings. This has not always been the case with competitors where you have to fiddle around for 5-10 minutes trying to get your local software to work.

Pluspunten: We use both Zoom for meetings and Zoom for phones. The meetings software has been fantastic for years now, but in the last couple of years it has become heavier and heavier on our computers. My MacBook Pro with 16gb RAM will start spinning fans during nearly every meeting. If you don’t use an external mic then you will hear the fans spinning in your meeting!
The phone system integration is good and we use it everyday

Minpunten: Support has been an issue, especially on the phone side. We had one person who was moving phones and they removed a user and accidentally removed a phone number. The big problem is they deleted the phone number and released the phone into the general pool. This is a big problem that any admin can do this. Fortunately we were able to get our main number back but we did loose other numbers in the system.

• Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021
Miranda S.
Prevention Program Specialist
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

"Excellent product!"

Opmerkingen: We started using this product about two years before the pandemic, as a replacement to GotoWebinar. The advancement in features and accessibility over the last year has been phenomenal. We have been able to stay connected as a team through the chat, which does not appear to have a limit on the number of channels we can create to navigate teams and collaborative projects. The meeting feature is used by our team for everything from actual meetings, to webinars and a statewide conference. Our colleagues used this platform for their national conference and it was great.

Pluspunten: The zoom platform is very easy to start using. The vast improvements over the last year are excellent! The ease of setting up breakout rooms, navigating all the features is great. The live transcript is quite accurate and can keep up with fairly rapid speech. We have also used the interpretation feature many times with great success. It's incredibly helpful we can also live broadcast to our social media platforms, YouTube, etc.

Minpunten: If your computer lacks RAM, or your internet is anyway lacking bandwidth the features will bog down. I have been kicked out of meetings due to the number of users on Zoom a few times. The IT team was quick to correct that. Some of the features are not available on older devices more which is disappointing. I have heard that the features are tricky on Mac products. I have used it on my iPad and iPhone, also on Android without issues though.

Kristin B.
Instructional Designer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-4-2020

"Zoom Meetings and Chat Review"

Opmerkingen: We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pluspunten: Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Minpunten: There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

• Beoordeeld op 18-4-2020
James L.
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021

"Solid product for online meetings, events and training. Poor customer service"

Opmerkingen: The UI and functions are right on the mark for use. Adoption rate was high over all, with the exception of very young users and ones over 60.

Pluspunten: Functions, server speed, adoption rate was hight and required less technical support for users. It's popularity aided in the decision to use it. Already had experence with it pre-pandemic.

Minpunten: Custoemr service is often non existant. I submitted two technical questions. After 6 months there was still no answer. When there finally was, it was a 'sorry it's been hectice,' and a 'we're going to close this ticket' reply. Keeping people up to date with release is an issue, but most keep up.

Ricardo O.
External Plaforms Support - Instructor
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021

"Easy to use, full of useful features"

Opmerkingen: Zoom is easy to use and you can tailor its features to your specific needs. The weak whiteboard is but a minor annoyance for a product that offers so much in terms of features and possible customizations.

Pluspunten: The wide spectrum of features, functionality and settings you can tweak to fit your needs. With Zoom you can create sub groups using the breakout room features, create polls, share screens with or without sound, write or scribble in a whiteboard and much more. In terms of security, Zoom has evolved tremendously since the days the term "zoombombing" was made infamously popular: Now you can add a number of security features that allow for safer meetings, like waiting rooms, password protected meetings, and other measures. Zoom is also bandwidth friendly. The generated recordings are also small in size, another welcome feature.

Minpunten: The whiteboard can be a bit more user friendly and pack more features. Most of the time I end up using OneNote or Miro instead due to the limitations of Zoom's own whiteboard and how cumbersome it is to share that limited board in collaborations with large groups.

• Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021
Youssef K.
Chief Technology Officer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021

"The software that replaced the office during the pandemic"

Opmerkingen: Zoom was our main communication tool during the pandemic. During the past year we held important board meetings, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other occasions. It made the distances shorter by offering an affordable and very easy to use communication platform

Pluspunten: Zoom is very easy to use even by non-tech savvy people. You receive an invitation, you click and you're in. The interface is very simple. Calls over zoom are smooth and don't require a very high speed connection. You can use Zoom for free or you can upgrade it for longer meetings

Minpunten: The software can be enhanced by adding new features / integrations similar to Microsoft Teams, to integrate project management tools or other applications that can be useful for collaborating teams.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021
Gabriella N.
Process Design Engineer and CEO
Mijnbouw en metalen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-2-2021

"Great connection!"

Opmerkingen: I recommend Zoom meetings, it works and it's continually being improved!

Pluspunten: There are many benefits that Zoom has over its competitors, which I only started appreciating after adopting it as my primary video conferencing program. I found that Zoom connects well even when my connection is not that strong. If the connection is bad, I normally get a pop-up message letting me know that my connection is unstable. This is very helpful because I do not have to try troubleshoot while busy in a meeting.
If my connection completely dies and I am booted out of a meeting, when my connection comes back I am seamlessly let back into the meeting without having to restart the session.

Minpunten: I feel setting up the mic and speaker could be improved, maybe by adding a quick guide within Zoom or a link to one. It would also be nice if Zoom could be able to pick up only speakers and mics that work? I have three speaker options and only one works but Zoom picks all three up, meaning I have to test my speaker each time I start it. The nice part is more often than not it remembers the speaker option I used the last time. It would also be nice if there could be a Zoom call? not have all communication as meetings to be joined.

• Beoordeeld op 2-2-2021
Douglas H.
Sr account director
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

"Best video conferencing service"

Opmerkingen: Zoom helps my colleagues and I easily communicate via video with clients, prospects and colleagues. I also use it for personal use with friends and family which is nice. Zoom has made video conferencing much easier and more enjoybale.

Pluspunten: Zoom is very easy to use and much more reliable than some of the other services available. I've never had it crash or freeze on me. Anyone can join via the web option. It integrates easily with email clients such as Outlook.

Minpunten: Customizing your experience can be somewhat confusing for some people which is disappointing. But just straight up using Zoom for its primary purpose is easy and the best available.

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021
Neema K.
Environmentalist
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers

"Zoom Meetings Review"

Opmerkingen: I have gone through training on zoom, held meetings on zoom, and even had my boyfriend and I meet on zoom. With the paradigm shift to the virtual world brought forth by the pandemic, I smoothly shifted to a virtual office at the comfort of my bedroom.

Pluspunten: I use zoom meetings almost every day to see through meetings for my team. Zoom is very effective because it works for both android and windows users, therefore team members without access to laptops or desktops can easily join. Futhermore, zoom, unlike other virtual platforms works with lower connectivity which is a plus because most people work from homes with different connectivity. Lastly, zoom allows us to record meetings for transcription and future review

Minpunten: I am uncomfortable with the fact that the platform does not have a timer. A timer keeps one alert especially when one has more than one meeting to see through.

Tyler jae S.
Associate Principal, Wayzata High School
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2021

"Zoom has transformed education!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, our experience with Zoom has been extremely positive. We will continue to use Zoom moving into the future.

Pluspunten: Zoom was relatively easy to implement and has allowed for distance learning to become a reality during the pandemic. The simplicity of the interface and the reliability of connection has made Zoom our go-to for daily interaction with colleagues and students.

Minpunten: One disadvantage of Zoom is the inability to turn off the "self-view" as a default. We have discovered through feedback sessions and research that viewing oneself regularly (through conferencing software) is challenging for some; this causes anxiety and forces users to turn off their webcam. If this "view" could be turned off by default, it may help to lessen the anxiety and engage more with turning on their webcam.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2021
Nadia P.
Photographer
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-4-2021

"Best video conferencing available"

Opmerkingen: Overall, really good! Connectivity can get wonky sometimes, but that's probably more to do with internet connections than anything. Like I mentioned, starting a meeting as a host is also a little less intuitive (or I'm just missing something obvious). But other than those things, I find Zoom pleasurable to use and easy.

Pluspunten: Zoom has, by far, been the best video conferencing software I've ever used. It's not perfect, but it's far and away the best in terms of video quality, connectivity, ease of setup, and fun features. What I like most is the intuitive nature of setting up video and audio settings. It's simple to make changes to things like brightness or microphone volume, whereas with other video software I've used, I feel that I usually have to guess and search for those settings.

Minpunten: Zoom can be wonky in terms of starting a call specifically. For example, for almost every scheduled Zoom meeting that I make, if I try to start the meeting through the app, I somehow always end up in a different room than the one that my invitees are in. So, I usually end up just using the same link that I send to my invitees, which means our meeting usually has no host, but it works so *shrug*. Not ideal, but it's a workaround that hasn't proven to have any cons, so I'll take it.

Josip L.
Main Coach
Sport, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

"Work from home in a team with the right tool"

Opmerkingen: Zoom offers us the ability to be flexible in today's modern lifestyle. It has a variety of features and integrations packed in - surveys, webinars, chat, private chat, connecting to the conference using the phone number (something a lot of competitors don't offer but is handy sometimes). Because of its friendliness to the average user and overall quality of video and sound, Zoom is the only choice that has all of the features that we are looking for.

Pluspunten: As said in the title, Zoom is a must-have if you work from home in a team. In the time of epidemics, the noun Zoom has become as popular as the noun Google is nowadays - everyone is using it one way or another. And Zoom deserved this right way. With Zoom everything is simple and easy to use with a nice and simple user interface. Zoom allows you to communicate with your team like a champ. You can create breakout rooms where you split teams to do the job in pairs for example or you can even organize a public webinar that can attend multiple thousand people with no problem or lag.
I remember times when we tried another video conferencing tool and it was an awful experience a few years ago. Everybody could hear echo and the quality was not so great. With Zoom and smart algorithms, we never experienced that and the only person speaking can be heard every time even if not all participants are using dedicated headphones.
One feature I especially like is virtual backgrounds. My room is a real mess when we work from home and I am frightened that if my coworkers see what it looks like that I might have some problems. With Zoom I just click one button and immediately I can be on a beach or even in space. It works well most of the time.

Minpunten: Pricing is somewhat in my opinion overrated if you are planning to use Zoom professionally. It features a free plan but you can have conferences of only 40 mins and with a limited number of participants. Also, sometimes recorded sessions take a long to encode on a local computer but maybe is that because of a little older hardware in my current PC I use Zoom with. I miss the feature to trim cloud recording. Sometimes I or my colleagues start recording a little too early and if they chose cloud recording there is no cloud trim function and then we have to download the replay and trim it manually and then upload it to some other service. Not a big deal but it would be a lot easier with few clicks.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021
Bethany D.
Editor
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021

"Gets the job done!"

Opmerkingen: Very positive! I use Zoom for 4–5 meetings daily, both hosted and attended, and find that it works quite well for the majority.

Pluspunten: At this point, Zoom is universal enough that it's invaluable to be able to suggest a Zoom meeting with a client or even a stranger and know that all parties will easily be able to set up and communicate via the software. That alone is a huge strength! Thank you, Zoom, for normalizing video chat.
The desktop interface is also very intuitive, which is a great plus. Setting up, joining, and leaving meetings is very straightforward, as is chatting nonverbally in the sidebar. Since these are the features most of my clients use most often, that's a win in my book!
On a personal note, I also greatly appreciate the new reactions feature. It's a great way for a larger group to participate and weigh in on a conversation without verbally distracting from what's being discussed.

Minpunten: Additional mute controls would be wonderful—the ability for a host to mute all if desired would help avoid the need for an additional admit moderating big calls. More importantly, though, I feel the phone interface leaves a lot to be desired. Flipping screen to screen to access features is confusing, and often this leads to clients who have joined a call via mobile feeling frustrated or embarrassed by tech snafus.
Along those lines, I feel that the decision to switch the ability to offer a dial-in number to paid-only plans was a mistake. Until the Zoom app is accessible and easy to use, dialing in is by far the most straightforward way for mobile users to join a Zoom meeting.

• Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

"Great Solution with Excellent Features"

Opmerkingen: Overall I have been able to build stronger relationships with customers which has been crucial during the pandemic. The ability to still be connected with each other allows me to continue growing my business and moving towards success. I would highly recommend utilizing Zoom Meetings.

Pluspunten: The features I find most impactful is the ability to share screens. The option to select which window or multiple windows I want to share makes this software the best choice for me. The ability to have a free account is amazing to leverage for quick meetings with customers and is simple for customers to get started with.

Minpunten: The feature I feel this software is lacking is the ability to share a file while in a meeting. Sometimes I'll be working with a customer and need to just transfer a small file for the customer to utilize during the session. I'm not able to do this and therefore I need to send the file separately via email.

• Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021
Mupo M.
IT
Computernetwerken, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-4-2021

"The Best Software for Online Meetings and Chat"

Opmerkingen: This app is particularly helpful during the Covid 19 pandemic. Making business calls, setting up sessions, and attending meetings are all things I can do from home. This software has assisted me in saving a significant amount of time and resources. I'm overjoyed that it allowed me to have some fantastic meetings with no video or audio issues, and I'm overjoyed that I made the right choice by purchasing this fantastic service.

Pluspunten: One of Zoom's best features is how easy it is to connect with others through video conferencing. It's perfect for seminars, online learning, and socializing. I like the feature that allows users to share their screen with others, particularly during meetings. This is essential for e-learning so students will be able to see what the teacher sees on his end. Not only that, but I really enjoy using the feature known as break-out rooms. This feature is essential for post-meeting conversations so individuals will communicate with one another unlike in a group, allowing for privacy.

Minpunten: The problem I discovered with the application is with the chat function. If a user disconnects and then reconnects, the message history is no longer available to them.

• Beoordeeld op 17-4-2021
Ron B.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021

"Zoom Zooms Past the Competition"

Opmerkingen: I use Zoom daily as my primary online business video communication tool. I sometimes find myself using it five or six hours a day while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic. I also use Zoom casually in the evenings or on weekends to communicate with family and friends around the world.

Pluspunten: I have found Zoom to be the most stable and the highest quality of all of the online video communication platforms. Zoom brings people together by putting video, voice, web, and chat all in one place. In addition, Zoom makes it easy to share a window, a browser tab, or the entire screen with others. Files can also be uploaded and shared. Virtual backgrounds make hiding a messy room easy and filters (Anyone care for a bunny nose and ears?) are fun for casual or online social-distance drinking.

Minpunten: My biggest complaint would be that if someone gets cut off in a meeting due to an Internet connection problem and reenters, then the chat history from before they got cut off will no longer be visible to them. There are also many options so, in the beginning, it might be difficult for a new user to find some of them.

• Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021
Ray A.
Researcher
Research, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-4-2021

"Reliable cross-platform tool for video conferences and meetings."

Opmerkingen: Zoom has been very useful for online teaching of both one-to-one classes and for group classes. It allows me to share my screen with a student, or see their screen and work on the same document at the same time.

The "virtual background" feature is useful for times when we don't want other participants to see the room we are in. This helps maintain a sense of privacy as well. Zoom's virtual background is particularly effective and quite natural-looking.

Pluspunten: Zoom offers a stable platform for online meetings . Over the course of hundreds of meetings attended by 5-20 participants, video connection and sound quality has been outstanding. Only minor lags have occurred.

Multi-platform. Zoom runs perfectly on our member's Linux systems and, of course, on Windows and Mac systems as well. I particularly like the fact Zoom goes out of its way to support a wide range of Linux distros including Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Oracle, RedHat, Fedora, Arch and Manjaro. Outstanding!

Offers advanced settings that allow the use of co-hosts, automatic naming of video files, accessibility of recorded videos.
The ability to save each person's audio track to a separate file is particularly useful when editing a meeting video into presentations.

Minpunten: Zoom has been caught up in controversy over routing data through servers in China, but Zoom management states that this has been addressed. Much of the R&D and development is done in China which may be of concern.

A problem we found was that unless the correct time zone and time is specifically set in the Admin profile, Zoom might save recordings with the incorrect date and time. Be sure to check this otherwise you'll end up with a folder full of incorrectly dated meeting files that will require hours of time to sort out and rename. (This happened to us).

• Beoordeeld op 2-4-2021
Sofie B.
Company owner, lecturer
Human Resources, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021

"Best quality platform for lectures and courses"

Opmerkingen: Zoom Webinars has made it possible for us to continue working during the Covid 19 Pandemic, and we are overall positively surprised how reliable it is even when we have more than 300 participants. We send out the invitation to hundreds of participants and almost a 100% of them log in to the webinar without any trouble.

Pluspunten: The quality of the image is significantly better than other widely used platforms like Google Meet, Skype and Teams. For hosting lectures, Zoom has all the important features needed: screen sharing, sound sharing, the possibility to see the chat even during screen sharing (which is not the case of many other well-known platforms). When we first started using Zoom, it was because of the "break-out room" feature, which we used for discussion groups. Another key point was the facility to invite participants to the meeting, and login is easy even for participants who are not too familiar with computers.

Minpunten: Initially, several company servers wouldn't allow their computers to download the Zoom app, so many participants could not join the meeting. We had to send out special invitations asking them to join through their browsers instead - which fortunately was an existing alternative. However, most companies nowadays recognize the Zoom app as reliable, so it hasn't really been an issue lately. The automatic Green Screen function (that is, with any colored background instead of a real green screen) does not yet produce a convincing background. It works with a real green screen though. Also, the camera filters available are all very childish. It would be great to have filters for business as well, such as the possibility to modify the warmth of the colors in the camera picture or similiar. We mostly use the Webinar function, and it automatically keeps the participants´ cameras off and microphones muted - which is great! However, when we have tried to unmute a participants mic it has never really worked. However, this is not an essential function for our lectures since we use the chat function for discussions.

• Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021
Javier M.
Designer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-3-2021

"Better balance between audio and video quality and ease of use."

Opmerkingen: I use Zoom every week for business meetings and to teach. I use the co-host role a lot so I can dedicate myself to my class while someone else runs the room. It also helps me to record the classes to evaluate them later or upload the material to the internet.

Pluspunten: The best thing about this software is that it is suitable for both small meetings and large presentations. It is easy to use for those who do not usually master computer tools, who will meet their needs. But it also has a variety of advanced configuration and management capabilities that allow you to teach or make professional presentations. Another great point is its audio and video quality, its possibilities to divide the meeting into small groups, use co-hosts who help to manage the room, etc ...

Minpunten: The price can be limiting. The free version allows meetings of up to 40 ', and can be useful. And the $ 15 version has unlimited time and up to 100 people in the room. It is usually the most appropriate. But when it comes to needing superior support, or to make a webinar or other types of presentations, it tends to be quite expensive.

• Beoordeeld op 23-3-2021
Dima V.
Software Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-3-2021

"Let's Zoom!"

Opmerkingen: Remember the time when everyone was saying "Go google this"? Well, there is a new word in English these days - let's Zoom )) An incredible alternative to Skype, this software allows you to easily connect with others across the globe via your phone or PC. The others don't even need to have Zoom installed - they just need the invitation link!

Pluspunten: Firstly, you can have quite a few participants - and if you are the meeting leader, you can turn off all their cameras and mics. Very useful for those colleagues who are not very self-aware. Secondly, the amazing screen sharing feature - where I can also give control to another participant over one of my open programs or my whole desktop, while conversing all the time. Talking about TeamViewer on steroids! Another massive plus is that in the free version you get your own free meeting with a unique link and you can reuse it again and again. In this way, people eventually know your "zoom address" )) and can contact you easier! Or they can just add you to their chat/contact list and zoom you whenever they need your assistance.

Minpunten: The one thing that is very annoying is the Waiting room... Often I would invite people to my Zoom call, only to find them stuck in the waiting room and unable to join. I myself had often been stuck in others' waiting rooms as well. Trying to turn off the feature in the account settings has no effect - apparently this is mandatory. If Zoom devs would reconsider this and allow us to turn off waiting rooms, Zoom would be much better.

• Beoordeeld op 5-3-2021
Nadiya F.
ta
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"Great seamless features (but missing a few)"

Opmerkingen: Zoom has been a game changer and has elevated the classroom expereince.

Pluspunten: Zoom has a lot of great videos conferencing features. Reactions, virtual backgrounds, chats, recording co-hosting, breakout rooms. Whats even better, is the administrator of the calls has a lot of freedom for how to set up calls. You can have participants hidden to one another (like a webinar), you can have the chat disabled between participants or entirely. Even their post call features are useful. You can see who attended, you can password protect the recording, and you can have a transcription of the recording. I especially like that participants can call in with a phone, laptop, tablet, or any device.

Minpunten: While the features are all great, there are a few missing that would really make it the top conferencing option. One would be built-in meeting notes (like mircosoft teams). Another would be live captions for audio-impaired participants. And finally, I wish there was an option to reduce the quality of your video, because with higher HD devices, Zoom sucks all the bandwith of internet and makes it impossible for other devices to browse or stream. However for many meetings video is required so participants cannot turn off their video.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
Wendy C.
MARKETER
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2021

"Assessible, Simple & SUPER Customer Support"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would say I love everything about ZOOM and I should say thanks to this software that our shift from our offline course to online can be so easy.

Pluspunten: I like how easy it is to access Zoom app.
My targeted customers are mostly housewives who are fairly new to technology and apps.
Zoom comes in as an easy access for them as all they need is just a click on their unique link which could easily land them to the Meeting room.
Simple Register Page
I also like that I could create a simple lead page for my registrants. Although my company is not using that feature, knowing that there is such function which you can also personalize it with your own logo is pretty good as anyone who is trying to hold a zoom meeting with some own personality can easily do it themselves.
Smooth Streaming
The streaming of zoom is also ne of the applaudable factors of this software. So far, with a steady Mbps on our side, the resolution and sound are just things you don't complain about at all.
Flexibility in Muting and Turning on Camera
As the host, we can easily mute our guests and turn off their webcam through the Zoom settings. And when it comes to the time to interact with our guests, we can easily unmute them to speak!
Awesome Customer Support!!
And I should say Zoom has great customer support as well. They are always on a standby mode ! There was once I was trying to look for my registration page but I failed so I quickly contacted the support team and straight away they came to the rescue and pin pointed my problem and assisted me that I had mistakenly unticked the registration box.
Very helpful indeed!

Minpunten: I have to hesitate here for a few seconds to actually think of the downsides.
But they do have a couple of things that I would like to see that could be improved by Zoom.
The ability to save the CHAT HISTORY.
As we are trying to close sales through our webinar, and since there's no way to take down the potential clients who have responded in the chat, we have to manually write their names down to contact them once again without ending the meeting first.
If only we could save the chat history, perhaps that would really help us a lot in following up with our potential clients.
A short clip on how to turn on the camera and connecct the audio.
Every time before we start our webinar course, we have to educate/inform our students on how to connect their audio. I will always be the one to teach the steps in utilizing the tools in zoom which would take up a good 10minutes. If only we had a short professional clip by Zoom to send to our participants, that would save up so much time!

• Beoordeeld op 16-1-2021
Elementary School Teacher
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020

"Virtual Learning"

Opmerkingen: Overall this has been a good option as our schools have moved to virtual learning. It is easiest used among adults and is very simple to use.

Pluspunten: Zoom is a great way to connect with others when video and audio are necessary. It is great for meetings, e-learning, and social connections. I really like that you can share your screen. This is especially helpful for e-learning. It allows the students to see what you are seeing (and allows you to see what they are having problems with). I also like that you can split up into break-out rooms. This gives diversity of discussion. The administrator also has the ability to hop in and out of different rooms. As a teacher, this is a great way to get students talking while also supervising the conversations.

Minpunten: There are some difficulties with this software and e-learning. For example, the leader can mute all participants; however, participants can unmute themselves. This makes it difficult if you have a student who wants to interrupt the lesson. They can simply unmute themselves at any time. Also, while you can share your screen, every participant can also share their screen. If too many people try to share their screen at one time, it creates a bit of chaos and oftentimes glitches out the system.

• Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020
Roxanne D.
Accountant
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020

"Zoom make social distancing easier"

Opmerkingen: I knew about zoom before this pandemic. However, I became a frequent user since the pandemic and the lock down. Apart from the few issues I had which most of them minor the software was quite useful and I benefited alot from using it.

Pluspunten: Being that our new normal at work is to work from home most days it made meeting much easier. I really love the fact that all we had to do is send a link for everyone to be joined without an hassle. Zoom can be used for multiple purposes and not just for meetings. It is used for online learning, preventing students to have to be face to face with their peers and their teachers. It is very user friendly. Another pro is that you can share multiple screens and it allows virtual background which is top tier. The virtual feature of hand raising is amazing Especially in schools and meetings.

Minpunten: Even though this software is on it's way to top tier there is still some areas that could be improved upon and they are:
1) it should be clear on how you turn on your mike
2) you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use customer support and when you do (at least when I do) there is no customer support
3)there should be an option for you to share and communicate with persons you are waiting.
4)the virtual backgrounds could be a bit clearer or look a bit more realistic

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020
Angela B.
Owner and Illustrator
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020

"Getting Together With Zoom"

Opmerkingen: Before 2020, I never expected to need a virtual meeting program. I was able to conduct much of my business with customers or clientele over the phone or in person. Now I feel like I can't live without Zoom. From virtual conferences to discussing illustrations with colleagues, it has become a necessity when we couldn't get together.

Pluspunten: Some of the better features of Zoom are the ease of connecting with others via video conferencing. The company keeps its software updated, and they do care about security. You can use the program for free and still get many options, such as unlimited one to one meetings, 40-minute meetings, and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants. There are nice video options such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, spotlight multiple people, etc. With a pro plan ($149.90 /year/license), you can have the ability to offer longer meetings (I encourage question and answer periods), streaming, and reporting functionality.

Minpunten: I recently found out that there are many people who still don't have access to a computer. Those that want to join the meetings can do it by phone, but it is cumbersome to connect. I had to snail mail the meeting information to a few folks so that they could connect to a meeting of mine, and I had a difficult time walking them through the steps. The program doesn't let you sign in with more than one device. I wanted to troubleshoot the phone call issue and others myself but needed someone else's account to verify the solutions. I also wish Zoom offered a simple blurred background option for their virtual session like Skype offers. I don't necessarily need anything fancy for a background. I just want to make my background less distracting, especially when my cat starts bathing behind me.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020