Zoom Meetings reviews

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,4 /5

Over Zoom Meetings

Zoom combineert videoconferenties in de cloud, eenvoudige online vergaderingen en groepsberichten in één gebruiksvriendelijk platform.

Meer informatie over Zoom Meetings

8.639 reviews worden weergegeven

Managing Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2021

"Reliable product for online meetings"

Opmerkingen: Having been hit by the pandemic, zoom meetings was our rescue. The ministry of health had given a directive that we maintain social distance and also avoid crowded places. To ensure we observed this directive we resolved to work from home. We were able to meet online and carry out our usual meetings with no problem with the help of zoom meetings. Some of our customers also preferred online meetings since it had cut transportation costs to our offices and saved their travel time. The ability to share screens is so fantastic since everybody in the meeting is able to follow what is being presented. One is able to choose between using audio and video when joining meetings.

Pluspunten: Zoom meetings is easy to use. Integrating zoom meetings in our business was not that problematic to us as users in our organization. Some of the features that we found helpful include:
1. Screen sharing.
2. Recording of meeting proceedings for future reference.
3. Ability of the host to mute all meeting attendees to avoid interruptions during the meeting.
4. Chat section for questions and answers.

Minpunten: We experienced droppings from the meeting especially when our network connectivity was down and when one has limited storage. Sometimes when one drops from the meeting and maybe there were questions and issues raised in the chat section, when he/she joins back he/she cannot retrieve them.

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2021
Executive Assistant
Muziek, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

"One of the Best Ways to Meet Virtually"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's been fantastic. It's incredibly easy to use at a moment's notice, when integrated with Slack you get the option of calling people through either Slack or Zoom, it's typically quite reliable in terms of service, and has helped us maintain a level of connectedness since we moved to working from home last March. I also enjoy the option to pick which locations to include dial-in numbers for on the invite as my company is world-wide. It's been a fantastic platform to conduct meetings from.

Pluspunten: Honestly, I think the functionality is my favorite part of Zoom. It integrates into Slack and Outlook, it's easy to use even for those less tech-savvy, the desktop app is wonderful for reminding you of upcoming meetings and makes it easy to schedule through Outlook, Gmail, or another calendar, and the Zoom settings when in a meeting are easy to use as well. The background options are both very helpful and fun, including the "blur" feature which I love. There's even an option to "touch up your appearance" which is wonderful when sitting in front of a camera all day. Additionally, recording is very easy to set up, even when I'm not on the call, and I love the feature of Zoom transcribing recordings when saved to the cloud. And the customization and preferences for each function are greatly appreciated as it's able to be customized to just about every preference you might have from the way the videos are recorded, to default settings for audio and video.

Minpunten: My least favorite aspect is the Outlook plug-in for Zoom. This is just based on my personal preferences, because the functionality itself is great; however, I like the body of invites set up a particular way and do not like how, when using the plug-in, Zoom auto-populates its own invite into the body. This just means that I have to create an invite, schedule through Zoom, and then erase the auto-populated body. I've actually disabled this plug-in due to it auto-populating each time I edit an invite and then will auto-send the invite, which results in me having to go back to fix it, and resend again. Now, I schedule directly through the Zoom desktop app and auto-populate that way so if I need to edit the invite, it does not auto-populate in the body of the invite. If you don't have a specific way of sending calendar invites, then it'll work great, however!

Jonathan L.
Operations Manager
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers

"Saved Our Company"

Opmerkingen: I covered this in the pros section, but overall Zoom has been a pretty stable product to work with. Much better user interface. More novice friendly. Seems less glitchy. As I said before, our proceeds from using Zoom quite literally saved our company from closing during the pandemic.

Pluspunten: Compared to similar products, Zoom was much easier to implement at a higher level. We were able to pivot quickly with the pandemic from solely relying on our teams providing services to being able to take on an educational and consulting role. Zoom was the easiest by far to teach to even the three septuagenarians in the office. We have been using it to teach classes to other companies in our industry, the revenue from which singlehandedly paid several payrolls during the most locked down times of the pandemic.

Minpunten: While I certainly understand that some compression is necessary to allow it to work on slow connections I do feel that the audio quality is sometimes kinda crummy. Ditto for video quality. I would also love to see integration for external audio processing (VSTs and such) to allow the

Aniket P.
Student Researcher
Research, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021

"From offline meetings to Zoom meetings!"

Opmerkingen: We had to switch to video conferencing classrooms due to the covid-19 pandemic which gave us an opportunity to try out a lot of video conferencing applications. Zoom was simple to use, and offered desktop applications for Windows/Mac/Linux and a web-based platform for easy access to meetings. We could also host a webinar with a large audience using Zoom, making easy knowledge transfer amongst large teams.

Pluspunten: Breakout Rooms. I have never seen this feature in other video conferencing tools. Zoom offers a breakout rooms feature where we would split the participants into small different groups where they could work upon problems together, rather than listen to one instructor in the meeting. This makes interaction in the online classrooms more interesting and facilitates healthy conversation with their peers.

Minpunten: There's no feature to request desktop control from the users who are sharing their screens. This feature sometimes becomes important when collaborating amongst a team. This feature is also available in other applications, but would be really good if Zoom includes the same.

• Beoordeeld op 19-5-2021
Christine O.
Executive Director
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021

"Zoom Meetings - The Best Virtual Classroom"

Opmerkingen: We have been looking for a software that will allow us to carry out our virtual classes and Zoom meetings just fit the description. So far twice a week we have interactive classes that carry over 100 students. Through this app, students can join via computers, tablets or even phones which makes it a flexible mode of learning. Through this, we have been able to even cater for the needs of the hearing impaired through spotlighting of sign language interpreters which was not possible via Microsoft Teams.

Pluspunten: I have been using zoom Meetings for my classes and webinars. I like it that I can raise my hand to object, ask a question or give feedback.
Through the chat session, I have been able to connect with my classmates. Clarifications on class assignments have also been made via chats.
I am also able to give my contribution in class through both audio and video which gives the real classroom feel.
Through screen sharing the lecturer can be able to bring various issues to our attention.
Break out rooms, help in intimate group discussions.
With host being in control of the audience, they are able to mute and remove those who seem to contravene the rules.
Given that we had classmates who were hearing impaired, spotlighting of sign language interpreters helps in making it easier for them to understand the class proceedings.

Minpunten: It is very sensitive with internet connection, a slow internet connection leads to interruptions with audio and video.
The basic subscription, which allows for 40 minutes is barely enough for a meeting.
It reaches a time, when the app freezes, which makes it difficult to know if its the connectivity has issues or its the app. If at all screen sharing is happening, it leads to the audience lagging behind and missing out on important information.

• Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021
Aaron H.
Administrative Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021

"Great Product for Every Day Office Use"

Opmerkingen: Being able to host weekly meetings with all of our staff and volunteers has been so easy with Zoom. We have also used it for interviewing potential candidates. Having the recording feature so that we can go back and listen to the audio or watch the video playback has been crucial to take notes on things we may have missed for candidate interviews or meeting minutes.

Pluspunten: Zoom makes it easy to set up meetings of all kinds, whether it's call conferencing, presentation-style meetings, or just face-to-face chats. Being able to have a standard meeting ID that you can use time and again allows us to easily share the link and password to our participants, rather than having to hunt for the unique link every time.

Minpunten: The biggest issue we have had with zoom is in its breakout rooms feature for large audiences. The idea is simple and logical, before the event, you can pre-assign individuals based on their email address to specific rooms. We used this feature for our first virtual Gala dinner in September of 2020. We purchased the large audience upgrade as well as the breakout room feature. We set up around 10 rooms each with at least 8 people in them in hopes to create the "table" feeling during our gala event where our room hosts could have their own invited guests join them. Unfortunately, when the event began, the breakout room feature failed and no-one was pre-assigned. With 2 people running the back-end, we had to try to assign everyone to their rooms on the fly, causing a delay in our event stream.

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021
Joel W.
Freelance Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2021

"Zoom for Virtual Meetings and Teleconferencing"

Opmerkingen: The pandemic minimized physical meetings. Zoom meetings facilitated the continuity of my business since I could train my students online without a hassle. Again, the free subscription enabled me to grow my business till I could afford to pay for the premium package. Zoom for me, Zoom for you, Zoom for everyone!

Pluspunten: Zoom is one of the most effective software for holding meetings and classes, for tutors, entrepreneurs, freelancers, among other people.
As a freelance writer, Zoom Meetings enables me to hold virtual meetings with other writers and discuss important things about the industry trends, effective writing technics, among other things. During such meetings, we can perfectly share screens, files, and texts without interfering with the quality of the presentation because voice and video streaming are perfect.
Additionally, as an academic and web content writing trainer, Zoom has enabled me to survive during the pandemic because I could perfectly conduct online classes effectively. My students enjoy it because they can also record the presentations/tutorials for future reference. Thus, Zoom company offers highly competitive pricing that conforms to the "value for money" analogy.
Finally, as a socially responsible company, Zoom offers free subscriptions for individuals, start-up businesses, small schools, among other individuals or organizations in need. Personally, I started with a free subscription but later upgraded to premium packages because of the effectiveness of the digital communication and presentation tools it provides.
I don't think, there is another better software for holding virtual meetings and conferences than Zoom. I would recommend it to everyone.

Minpunten: There are two things I think should be improved. Firstly, the software should be optimized or refined so that it can operate equally well even when the internet speed is a bit slow. Voice breaks are common when the internet speed is low. Secondly, the mobile interface should be made easier to use. It is quite complicated.

• Beoordeeld op 11-6-2021
Realtor
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-6-2021

""Zoom, Our Favorite Business Meeting Place""

Opmerkingen: Its been a great experience using Zoom. We love it. The waiting room is a good feature, as it allows the host to choose who to admit to the meeting despite them having a link to the meeting. It ensures that no intruders participate in the meeting in the event that the link is accessed by some unintended audience.
Our use of Zoom increased during the lockdowns and stay-at-home period due to the Corona Virus and I can foresee it going on even post-pandemic.

Pluspunten: I have had a great experience with Zoom since I started using it. It is easy to learn, deploy and use. The mobile access makes it all the more attractive. One can host or join a meeting from anywhere using their phone. Screen sharing, company branding, cloud storage, and local recording with transcripts are really great features. I love that camera and audio are off when one is joining a meeting and they only turn them on when they are ready to participate.
Zoom has really revolutionized the way we do meetings, especially in the last fifteen months when remote working became the norm due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Minpunten: The only concern I have is on screen sharing, other portions of the screen that you did not intend to share become visible. When working on sensitive information, I will sometimes have to close everything else and only remain with what I intend to share which is too much work. Also, sometimes it can be heavy on the computer but it is manageable.

• Beoordeeld op 12-6-2021
Omar T.
Editor
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-6-2021

"Zoom: an expensive version of Skype"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Zoom meetings has not been the best. Whether I'm having an audio problem and sound like Darth Vader or whether I cannot pay the full version and my time runs out, Zoom is just a software that can be replaced with at least four other software and for free. I'm not going to tell you not to use it. If you have the money to pay for a full version and you don't experience the same audio problems I have, so, go for it and tell your friends you are able to have video calls in an expensive way, maybe just to feel a little better than them. Which, honestly, you shouldn't.

Pluspunten: I'm going to be very honest. There are several softwares that offer what Zoom offers, but for free. I can't mention any pros over any other software, such as Skype or Microsoft Teams. Don't get me wrong, Zoom is a very cool way to communicate or present a class or conference, as long as you pay a full version. Of course, there is a free-trial version, in which you have a limited amount of time per call, which is a little annoying if you need more time. There is particularly a characteristic that I really enjoy in this software, and that is backgrounds. Of course, this trait is now available on other softwares, but I first enountered it here. So if you enjoy changing backgrounds whil you're in class or during a meeting, just for fun, you'll enjoy Zoom.

Minpunten: Honestly, Zoom is the rich people's Skype. When I think about it, because my bosses use it for their meetings, I'm like... wait a second... they could have this exact same meeting on Skype and for free... Then I remember... oh well... they just don't know what to do with their money. So yeah. I understand the necessity of different softwares for communication during quarantine, and that teachers and students want to use the best and newest technology for their classes, and so on. But, let's be frank, spending money on a software that does exactly the same as your WhatsApp, Skype, Teams and also Facebook, it's just questionable. Now, the worst part, for me, about this software is its audio fidelity. If you are wearing headphones that are slightly non compatible with it you will sound exactly like Darth Vader during your video call, and that is just really embarrasing. I have experienced this issue at least three times and I have seen it with other people. And when that happened to me, fortunatelly, I was in my laptop, so I was able to remove my headphones and just use the normal speakers. But if you're in a PC, there's no way to fix it. So... if you're paying for a video conference software and you can't even talk, then... what's the point?

Mohammed S.
Field Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2021

"for effective remote collaboration and remote communication, nothing has worked as well as Zoom"

Opmerkingen: From using zoom to conduct interviews of job applicants, to sharing screens for remote self-troubleshooting, to live broadcast of our events via multiple platforms, zoom has been a very valuable resource to us. It has made communication with field teams much more productive and helped us save considerable time of field monitoring and visits.

Pluspunten: The virtual backgrounds and filters always added a touch of fun to our video conference meetings. In terms of more useful features, there are just too many to choose from, but one of my favorites has been being able to share my presentation slides as my virtual background. Also being able to record meetings and generate near-perfect transcripts saves us a lot of time and money otherwise spent on secretarial services.

Minpunten: There should be more lower video resolution options available to allow for easier usage in areas with low internet connectivity.

Software Engineer 1
Financiële dienstverlening, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2021

"Great with Audio/Video and Simplicity/Ease of use but needs some improvement in Communications."

Opmerkingen: I have been using Zoom for over 2 years now and have loved the experience so far. With the simple and easy to sue experience that it provides, it makes our jobs easier not to have to train employees on how to use it but that also brings a drawback in terms of the features as I could really use some features that help in efficient communication. Having just whiteboards is not enough to communicate everything we want to so we prefer having separate tools for that like Mural.

Pluspunten: I liked the Audio/Video features. Zoom allows me to host and attend meetings in a really smooth manner especially with the Dynamic Working arrangement that we are in during the pandemic. I also like how simple and easy-to-use Zoom is as we did not have to roll out any kind of strict training for people to get up to speed with Zoom. Zoom is also not very costly and is easily handled by the Admin groups so reduces a lot of extra efforts that other tools sometimes need in terms of maintenance and infrastructure.

Minpunten: I did not like the contact and communication management of Zoom. It is hard to find new features that help in efficient communication and collaboration. We use different tools like Mural to provide efficient communication between the teams but would have really loved it if similar features were there in Zoom itself.

Utku K.
partner
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-7-2021

"Best available option for screen sharing among competitors"

Opmerkingen: Considering high performance on screen sharing, I'm very happy to use Zoom with premium account, and definitely worth for money.

Pluspunten: The primary reason I like Zoom is the stability on screen sharing. As I hold live course sessions online, I had chance to try well-known competitors in the market (Teams, Cisco Webex, GoogleMeet, etc.). Zoom is the leader in screen sharing performance. Many other products lose performance after a short time of usage, buffering, lag or considerable decline in video quality. Zoom is capable of broadcasting screen smoothly at highest resolution possible and works seamlessly for long sessions like 4-5 hours.

Minpunten: While I'm setting a meeting, it is easy to use outlook plugin and distribute over e-mail as a meeting appointment on outlook. But plugins are limited to outlook and gmail. It would be better to have other options, sharing as a meeting appointment on yandex mail or samsung calendar.

Ankit J.
Scrum Master-Open Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-7-2021

"Worth Using It"

Opmerkingen: using zoom has solved my official and personal topics. I belong to a big family with over 15 siblings and it's not easy to talk to them on a video call using WhatsApp due to limited addition. So we create a zoom link share and add everyone within the family once a month to connect. Talking about the professional part I use zoom to take interviews as I officially use Microsoft teams however, not every candidate will have teams hence zoom fits perfectly for us.Easy to share meeting links candidate can join in few seconds

Pluspunten: personal experience zoom does your work let it meetings, conference, or teaching every online activity can be done with zoom. You get options to use it on your pc or laptop or a mobile app. Another advantage is rather than inviting 10 people to a meeting you can add up to 100 users with the free plan and up to 1000 with an upgraded version to the meeting. It is user-friendly, easy to understand, the support team of zoom is always quick. You can stream your meetings on Facebook directly, you can use the zoom free of cost ( of course, with limited features). It also supports google calendar, which makes it a great fit. If you get an invite by someone on zoom simply add it to your calendar and on the desired date and time with the calendar notification, you can click and connect to the meeting. You get an option to chat with user attending and the host got the whole control of the meeting. you also get cloud storage starting from 1gb to unlimited storage depending upon the plan you choose from free-pro-business-enterprise .

Minpunten: The price seems a bit high but yes again it depends upon the requirement. There is another major issue where you cannot control the comment ( you cannot delete the inappropriate comments). Another issue that I came across is the video quality which is limited to 720 p where other providers are giving 1080 p and above. And yes the way app download works in favor it can also cause a lot of chaos before meeting if someone forgets to download the app on the device as zoom works only post downloading. Another issue which I came across was the video quality is not stable sometimes it might get blurry or even you lose the connection in middle have tested on wired and wireless connection both and found the same

• Beoordeeld op 15-7-2021
Yannick I.
Consultant
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-7-2021

"The must-have of video conferencing tools?"

Pluspunten: I got to start this review by saying that I wasn't a fan of Zoom. I had used it a few times through clients or people who interviewed me for their shows... but as time passed and I was looking for options to host virtual meetings and remote interviews, I kept coming back to Zoom. Now, Zoom is one of the tools I rely on the most for my work! I really like the platform's overall stability, its compatibility with pretty much every tool I use (I have a scheduling tool – Google Calendar – Zoom automated workflow that works like a charm 😎) and the fact that I can use it anywhere: my computer, tablet or smartphones. And while I have experience some glitches here and there, the platform as a whole is very solid. If you need to record with Zoom, you'll be glad to know that, while with some tools the recording feature is a paid add-on, you can record video and audio calls even if you're on the free Zoom plan.

Minpunten: As I wrote a moment ago, one of the situations in which I had used Zoom was to be interviewed. To be completely honest, I was never really fully satisfied with how the audio captured with Zoom came. That has happened several times and in different contexts, so I guess it has to do with the platform itself. If having excellent, professional-sounding, audio quality is important for the recordings you're going to do, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• Beoordeeld op 20-7-2021
Steve A.
FCF
Sport, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-7-2021

"Zoom is a solid tool to replace f2f meetings"

Opmerkingen: My company has been using Zoom for meetings for over a year. Despite some occasional and ongoing challenges with the product, we find it a decent substitute for in-person meetings.

Pluspunten: Mostly easy to use an intuitive for most users - did not require a lot of support.
Good call quality most of the time.
Software was sefl-installed.

Minpunten: Integration with Outlook stopped working for me - had to uninstall - was causing problems.
Occasionally cannot get into meetings - has caused big problems.
Some settings are esoteric and challenging for users.
Remote control feature is hard to find/use.
Users still have trouble distinguishing between their personal and business accounts.
We record all meetings and recordings are hard to manage - bulk download and delete features would be incredibly useful.

• Beoordeeld op 21-7-2021
Youssef K.
Chief Technology Officer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021

"The software that replaced the office during the pandemic"

Opmerkingen: Zoom was our main communication tool during the pandemic. During the past year we held important board meetings, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other occasions. It made the distances shorter by offering an affordable and very easy to use communication platform

Pluspunten: Zoom is very easy to use even by non-tech savvy people. You receive an invitation, you click and you're in. The interface is very simple. Calls over zoom are smooth and don't require a very high speed connection. You can use Zoom for free or you can upgrade it for longer meetings

Minpunten: The software can be enhanced by adding new features / integrations similar to Microsoft Teams, to integrate project management tools or other applications that can be useful for collaborating teams.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2021
Ricardo O.
External Plaforms Support - Instructor
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021

"Easy to use, full of useful features"

Opmerkingen: Zoom is easy to use and you can tailor its features to your specific needs. The weak whiteboard is but a minor annoyance for a product that offers so much in terms of features and possible customizations.

Pluspunten: The wide spectrum of features, functionality and settings you can tweak to fit your needs. With Zoom you can create sub groups using the breakout room features, create polls, share screens with or without sound, write or scribble in a whiteboard and much more. In terms of security, Zoom has evolved tremendously since the days the term "zoombombing" was made infamously popular: Now you can add a number of security features that allow for safer meetings, like waiting rooms, password protected meetings, and other measures. Zoom is also bandwidth friendly. The generated recordings are also small in size, another welcome feature.

Minpunten: The whiteboard can be a bit more user friendly and pack more features. Most of the time I end up using OneNote or Miro instead due to the limitations of Zoom's own whiteboard and how cumbersome it is to share that limited board in collaborations with large groups.

• Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021
Brent w P.
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

"Great software but a resource hog on computers"

Opmerkingen: My experience with Zoom has been positive and nearly all users are able to use the software for our meetings. This has not always been the case with competitors where you have to fiddle around for 5-10 minutes trying to get your local software to work.

Pluspunten: We use both Zoom for meetings and Zoom for phones. The meetings software has been fantastic for years now, but in the last couple of years it has become heavier and heavier on our computers. My MacBook Pro with 16gb RAM will start spinning fans during nearly every meeting. If you don’t use an external mic then you will hear the fans spinning in your meeting!
The phone system integration is good and we use it everyday

Minpunten: Support has been an issue, especially on the phone side. We had one person who was moving phones and they removed a user and accidentally removed a phone number. The big problem is they deleted the phone number and released the phone into the general pool. This is a big problem that any admin can do this. Fortunately we were able to get our main number back but we did loose other numbers in the system.

• Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021
Anjan M.
Managing Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021

"An amazing platform for web conferencing"

Opmerkingen: Overall extremely satisfied with this product - we evaluated Teams and Google meet and this was the winner overall in terms of price, ease of launch and being able to accommodate the large number of users.

Pluspunten: The ease of deployment as well as the integration with Google calendar. It has become very easy to schedule meetings as well as invite attendees from both inside and outside the organization.

Minpunten: Easier integration with outlook. Currently I find it extremely cumbersome to book zoom meetings with the outlook application especially in my Apple MacBook. This need to be addressed - in my opinion.

• Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021
Steven L.
Helpdesk
Bankwezen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

"Zoom and The Workplace."

Opmerkingen: Using proper security software and network configurations you can deter the possibility of leaking company information or delicate subject matter(s). Which when done correctly makes the use of Zoom fun, informative and entertaining as you can use (with the right hardware setup) video for your background without the use of a greenscreen virtual or otherwise I have enjoyed it myself on several occasions.

Pluspunten: The default benefit is that you can do face to face meetings through Zoom. At the same time however,
you have the ability to NOT use the camera if you chose not to. A Added bonus is zoom over a
phone call through the mobile application edition. You can share your screen with your employee(er) your students, it is easy to walk them through the install on the computer/mac. You can collaborate and share your screens to review and go over Business, or Class lessons or check out projects you or they may be working on.

Minpunten: Zoom allows users to share the entirety of their computer monitors, or a portion of their monitors, or specific program windows with other users in the same session/meeting. However there have been discussions that for a brief moment, the monitor itself as a whole could be visible a Zoom user sharing the monitor intends that only sections of the monitor to be. That means any user(s) recording the session could be able to take snippets or even freeze frames while doing playbacks and viewing possible potential sensitive information about user/company. Which is something to think about from a business standpoint. From what I have read so far from Zoom is that they are saying it is working on addressing the problem. While at the time of this review, the issue was still present in the latest version of the Zoom desktop client software for the Windows side of it currently.

Gal Z.
Industrial Design Student
Design en ontwerp, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-6-2021

"Benefits and struggles of a daily user of Zoom"

Opmerkingen: I use Zoom every single day. I used to use it at my previous job as an IT specialist and now i use it with my classmates as a student.

Pluspunten: I have my possible group meetings in contact groups so it is super easy to call everyone at the same time, without having to invite each person individually.
We use the screen sharing feature the most, being able to see what the other is doing, to know where the mouse is clicking and in case we need to help, we can control the other person's mouse.
What makes zoom different from the other softwares (which isn't a huge deal but clearly makes the difference) is to be able to see the other people in the conference, even when i have another program open. It allows me to work on my project while still being an active member of the meeting with no issues.

Minpunten: The video quality, compared to other softwares (using the same camera without changing the settings) is lower.
When i enter a new meeting, i can choose to have my camera on or not but i can not choose the same for the microphone. When i have a meeting with my classmates and coworkers, i want the microphone on, but when i am joining a class, i do not want to disturb and have my microphone.
When i am the host of the meeting, i have to either wait for everyone to join and allow them individually or disable the waiting room manually. On top of that, if i have another program open and zoom minimized, there is no notification (not sound nor visual) that someone is trying to join the meeting, so i have to constantly check until everyone has joined

Timo U.
CEO/Co-Founder
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2021

"Until now, still the best way for video meetings"

Opmerkingen: If possible, I'd have all my video meetings on Zoom.

Pluspunten: Stable and good quality video calls, which you can trust. I tried and tested other platforms as well, but Zoom is like the gold standard of video meetings these days. Easy to use and it just works.

Minpunten: Most annoying aspect is that for some reason every time I'm creating a new meeting, or adding Zoom meeting to my Google Calendar it is re-asking permissions. Which is odd that it is asking it again every single time. But despite that, it's still worth it.

• Beoordeeld op 28-6-2021
Kristin B.
Instructional Designer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-4-2020

"Zoom Meetings and Chat Review"

Opmerkingen: We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pluspunten: Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Minpunten: There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

• Beoordeeld op 18-4-2020
Craig A.
Chief Technology Officer APAC
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-7-2021

"A great reliable Unified Communications and Webinar tool"

Opmerkingen: Zoom has been pivotal in ensuring our company communications have not been disrupted during the COVID 19 Pandemic. The Webinar capabilities are excellent and much more intuitive than competitors like Webex and GotoMeeting and most organisations are currently using or enabled to use Zoom so there is little to no disruption when setting up meetings with end clients or prospects

Pluspunten: Zoom is a very reliable and high quality Web Conferencing and Unified communications solution. The quality of the audio and video is excellent even if the attendee is on a poor internet connection. The team chat function can also be helpful if a company is not using Teams or Slack

Minpunten: The UI is a bit clunky and dated particularly on the desktop app.

• Beoordeeld op 5-7-2021
Maaz K.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-7-2021

"Zoom Meetings, your virtual conference room"

Opmerkingen: My experience with Zoom Meetings has been very pleasent. It helped me (along with thousands of others) to get my lectures and complete my study from home during the lockdown period caused by Corona pandemic.

Pluspunten: Zoom meetings is a superb audio and video calling client. You can comnect with multiple people at a time using it. It allows you to hold meetings, conduct classes and lectures, and attend conferences and seminars virtually right from your desk and actually participate in it. Participants can share files of different formats with each other in it. Also its screen sharing feature allows a participant to share his screen with other participants of the meeting when discussing a document or slides etc. Zoom meetings is equally useful on both computer and smartphone platforms. It also has a free version available for those who can't afford license fee, only with a few small limitations.

Minpunten: In its free version, the meeting session terminates automatically after 40 minutes and you have to re-initiate the meeting to continue further. The video quality is sometimes poor on bad internet connection, which may be a result of its high bandwidth requirements.