A Product Manager's best friend

Simon M.
Chief Operating Officer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

Minpunten: Aha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though.
Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

Beoordeeld op 23-5-2017
John P.
Director, Project Management Office
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.

Pluspunten: As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks.
We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Minpunten: There is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service:
I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service.
I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2017
Ryan G.
Implementation Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pluspunten: Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Minpunten: As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

This product has it all.

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Grant M.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Excellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.

Pluspunten: This product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development.
Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.

Minpunten: At first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Beoordeeld op 26-12-2017
Jaana S.
Co-Founder, Owner
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Minpunten: I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

More than just Roadmap software

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Steve W.
Engineering Director
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Aha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.

Pluspunten: Originally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.

Minpunten: The largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date – which admittedly shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.

I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2018
Peter G.
API UI Developer | Senior Technical Writer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.

Pluspunten: Having worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.

Minpunten: Hmmm...the cons are few. Perhaps the only one I can see is some fintech companies are scared by using third-party cloud-based products. Honestly, it's not even a con. For example, one fintech I worked for relied too heavily on traditional DevOps people who were advising against cloud yet didn't truly understand the security benefits of most bona fide cloudies (i.e. AWS has been PCI compliant since 2004).

Organize yourself and your plans

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2017
Rosa T.
Executive Director, Product Management
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Minpunten: I have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.

Gives you the big picture

Beoordeeld op 5-4-2019
Amanda B.
CRM Manager
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Configuration may take a long time to achieve, so you should take this into account if you plan to use Aha. For those who need only visualizing roadmaps, this product can be too much, as they wouldn’t use most of its functions.

Pluspunten: + Flexible data models and hierarchy
+ New (and useful!) features in every update
+ Convenient for gathering input from different departments and teams
+ Reports
+ Ideas Portal
+ Integration of every project part into one smooth experience
+ Transparency
+ Easy information sharing
+ Reducing of manual work on notifications
+ Helps planning for teams and strategies

Minpunten: - Some things need a ton of clicking to achieve
- Somewhat complex hierarchy
- UI design: the look needs major refreshing
- Not all features are easy to access via mobile devices
- Functionality requires some getting used to
- No integration with YouTrask, so you have to use JIRA (can be worked around, though, if you use an API)
- Reports need more interactiveness: static images are sometimes no good
- Looks a bit outdated

Great Product Management Software

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2019
Chris K.
Vastgoed, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Outstanding. It’s become very popular within our organization and is the proof that we know what we are doing because it keeps all the product data organized and searchable.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Very good user interface that requires little if any training or user guide. The product is able to be customized to our needs.

Minpunten: Restriction of the all or nothing Product Manager role. Would be nice to have a role in between who can edit update requirements on features.

Trans-formative tool!

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Thom H.
Manager, Product Management
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ability to organize, rank and manage SDLC.

Pluspunten: We've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.

Minpunten: I wish the pricing was handled differently. Needing to commit to a full year of license costs before adding a new product owner to the system has made some process changes in our shop more difficult than they would have been if the pricing was more dynamic. Also, I would prefer a license that charges a smaller fee for all users rather than a large fee for each product owner. It would make it easier for me to sell system usage internally.

Every product manager's must have.

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019
Michaela G.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We've used a lot of product management software options. Categorically, Aha! is the best available on the market. The holistic approach of Aha! to product management is incredibly useful, and forward thinking. We have always advocated customer centric product approaches and Aha! really lends well to this way of thinking and framing your products. I can highly recommend Aha to any business interested in efficiently trading and managing their product function.

Minpunten: There's really nothing I could say as a negative to the software. The support team is extremely helpful and I have not yet had an issue.

Awesome platform for managing product development for distributed teams

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2017
Matt A.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A massive increase in visibility and comprehension between sales/product design and the development teams. We now have better certainty about features and requirements, and there's a lot less 'lost email' that previously led to confusion and delays.

Pluspunten: Very complete product for working on one or more product management projects. We've noticed a 'tightening up' of both our internal and external teams for communication, comprehension, and delivery as we shifted to Aha. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the product especially with integrations and the various template, workflows, and automation.
We have two development teams on our first Aha project, and Aha has made it very easy to see the dependencies between teams and keep the conversations and 'to do' tasks in one place.
Customer support has been proactive, and I could get on online meeting upon request to clarify some very specific points that related to our workflow. Documentation is also very good and for a deep product there is a high degree of intuitiveness (if that's a word).

Minpunten: It's a big program for sure. I didn't realise how much data entry I had to do until I could everything in one place, and manage the feature/requirement/task relationships properly. That's a 'con' because I hate having clarity on how much work I need to do..
For a web application Aha is very rich/deep, so the UI takes a little time to comprehend

The perfect solution for software product managers & development teams

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2017
Nick K.
Technical Director
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Introducing Aha! into our product delivery process has further reduced the gap between product & technical teams and resulted in a more predictable & stable team cadence. More importantly, our adoption of the product has helped us deliver projects on-time, whilst continuing to manage and prioritise requests from existing customers. Prior to discovering Aha, we were planning an in-house tool which connected our product managers to development teams. After a short trial, we finally got that "Aha" moment when we hooked up Atlassian JIRA & Slack and realised that we wouldn't need to spend time away from our core business activities to develop a solution to manage ideas and product features. We've been using the product for almost a year now and have required support twice for minor issues. In both instances, the company has been ultra-responsive, with answers coming from actual product managers at the company... even late on a Saturday night. The product does have a slightly steep learning curve, but if you stick with it and take the time to set it up, it's well worth the upfront investment in time! Supporting everything from company vision, right down to individual feature specifications means products managers have everything they need to keep our product relevant and ahead of the curve.

The only tool I know that does the job.

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2017
Product Management
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Finally a tool that actually supports Product Managers properly.

Pluspunten: Supports the Product Management process really, really well and helps communicate what's going on. Very flexible and can model most processes.
The external idea portal integration is neat, and so is the ability to integrate with external tools like Zendesk.
Support is very, very fast and helpful with product usage questions.

Minpunten: It's a bit Jira-like in that it is hyperflexible with everything. It's very difficult to grasp what's happening for anyone who isn't a PM, and even for PMs there's some things in there that aren't particularly intuitive (some of the filtering and reporting UI for example, or the fact that there's a tiny dropdown that defines whether you're looking at the company or product, and also impacts your settings screen etc).
I also reported a few UX bugs to the team and received the standard "it's a feature, not a bug" response which was a shame. This is I think the downside of having Product Managers as your Customer Success people.

Great tool for portfolio management

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2018
Apps and Integrations
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Finally a tool properly designed for Product Managers!
Use it every day to capture ideas and keep track of high level epics/ initiatives
we use it weekly during our executives meeting and that helps to keep everyone informed and re-prioritize on the spot when needed.
my personal favorite is the notebook feature that we can then share. We use it to project our roadmap on our big office TV as an information radiator to keep everybody informed of what's coming

Minpunten: I'm not a huge fan of everything being driven by date
I would like more flexibility around that as we are using it Kanban style and having dates on those initiatives doesn't help.
the integration with Jira also requires a bit of learning to keep what you need in sync

Over all, the easiest most feature rich product of it's type

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018
Jon E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easier management, improved communications, better roadmap visibility.

Pluspunten: Incredibly easy to setup and use. After watching the training videos I was up and running with a test project within the hour. The interface is clean and consistent, and largely self explanatory for anyone - you don't need to be a product or project manager. The fact that it provides light functions to bring together different business areas and report on pretty much everything is a real bonus. I have used Jira in the past and a complaint often heard from non technical staff is 'it's too techie'. Aha is not - it's very simple, and as a bonus integrates with Jira if that's what your dev team use. Support is also lightning quick - quite literally all of my comms have been responded to withing the hour - sometimes within 15 minutes - and that's an answer from a person - not an automated 'we'll deal with it sometime never' response.

Minpunten: There is very little not to like. If I had a single criticism, *some* parts of config are not that obvious, but very little. I am actually struggling to think of another con. I guess the file manager/document management could be a little bit more feature rich if you are used to using confluence you may notice that.

This is a very useful software for building the product feature roadmap and tracking it

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2018
Product Management
Human Resources, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am able to build my product roadmap and have it in a state where it can be shared easily with others, track the progress of features and plan ahead.

Pluspunten: The product works well for the most of the product development lifecycle. It is customizable enough to have multiple products and product lines tracked efficiently and in detail. It's Pivot reports functionality is very powerful to view the features grouped by various parameters and generate some excellent reports.

Minpunten: The integration with JIRA is sometimes a little unstable, especially when it comes to custom fields that we use heavily within our organization. It could also do a better job about allowing more ways to input and represent the detailed product strategy in the Strategy part of the tool

Versatile and Usable

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Matt K.
Director of Product Management
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our organization has benefited with better organization, communication, and prioritization of our product development.

Pluspunten: Aha is configurable to fit your organizational processes while remaining intuitive and usable.

Minpunten: n/a

In 1 year Aha! has allowed us to do better roadmaps and excel in prod. Mgmt tasks.

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2017
Norah B.
Associate Vice President, Product Management and Design
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been way more effective at communicating my product strategy with the capabilities in excel. A lot less manual cleanup to get my message out. And we've been able to expand into a more robust formal competitor and client tracking too!

Pluspunten: So easy to use. After playing around with the trial version, we started setting up our own instance. We've changed our approaches here and there, but the ease of reporting, audit tracking of all activity, and the visibility of organizing releases and requirements has been a major improvement over the spreadsheet roadmaps I had before.

Minpunten: More flexibility in the views of roadmaps would be great - I have to do a lot of ppt and the notebooks or images don't always align well with our corporate ppt.

Changed Everything for us

Beoordeeld op 11-7-2017
James W.
Product Owner
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The sheer amount of time it saves once it is set up - it gives clarity not just to everyone in my team, but has some amazing features to share very specific (you can be very granular) details about products with all stakeholders.

Pluspunten: How comprehensive it is - not only has it allowed us to much more easily manage our product roadmap, but it has taken hours off our week through the "Notebook" reports which we can issue to all stakeholders.

Minpunten: The sheer number of features can be a bit bewildering - this was less an issue for me as a regular user, but to occasional users it can sometimes be difficult to find things. I'd recommend getting the licence which allows free Viewer access so that you have control over what they see and how they get to it.

Best project management tool for product managers

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018
Lead Quality Analyst
201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Aha! This truly is top most project management tool used by most companies as it aids product managers to deliver specifications of a product with premium quality.
It is a roadmap to different solutions and features and helps in delivering the best possible, by satisfying the customers needs and wants.
The overall quality of this product is outstanding and the most preferred tool in the corporate networks.
The customer support is really brilliant when it comes to understanding the product or regarding any queries or other stuffs.

Minpunten: It is a premium tool and hence a little on the heavier side when it comes to purchasing the product especially by smaller companies. A great tool to look out for by mid and large sized companies, because it suffices every needs and provides features as per what you pay.
The overall design is a bit complex initially when it comes to understanding this product. However, in the long run it eases through and most of the features can be easily understood and used accordingly.

Aha! can run your product management function - if you learn it

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2018
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Roadmap planning, feature tracking, agile planning, public ideas board.

Pluspunten: Aha! is just incredibly powerful. From GANT and agile planning to long term feature and master feature roadmaps, Aha! has the firepower to roll up even the most complex roadmaps. Reporting is robust and in depth, and integrations link to your existing strategic initiatives seamlessly. Public facing roadmaps and ideas boards complete the experience to go from vision to product.

Minpunten: With complexity comes ease of use challenges. To use Aha! effectively, one has to know it well. It faces the same struggles as other software that is very powerful and feature rich. Once you figure out the navigation and feature linking, it becomes much easier to use. If you inherit an existing Aha! board, you may need a week to get accustomed.

A great ideation tool which is a must have for Software companies

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2019
DevOps Engineer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ideation for our product line

Pluspunten: Ideation gives us the ability to share different product ideas and have votes made on which idea is most important, this gives product managers a direction and roadmap to help design the right features that people actually want and care about!
API also allows us to bring in data from external sources and integrate with out applications we use internally

Minpunten: The software does exactly what we need it to do, no cons for aha!

We love Aha and the way it helps our distributed team to stay focused on what's important.

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2018
Anton Z.
Head of Product
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is designed with the product management in mind, the way it should be. Helping you to focus on the key things that you need to clarify, design and plan. At the same time it allows you to customize the flow/process you want to use in your team, and even the vocabulary/terms you get used to use - so you really feel that it's your team's tool at the end!
Our Engineering team also enjoys using Aha cause it gives them convenience while updating the progress on current business requirements and also allows to keep track of the technical features on the roadmap.

Minpunten: The recently launched Mockups feature still requires improvements here and there, but I know for sure that at the end Aha team will do it the best way possible for its users.