Great System with some Bad Updates with No Time Frame to be Resolved

Manager of Operations
Kleding en mode, 13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The layout for processing sales and invoices is great and easy. We do not have a very tech-savvy staff and they were able to quickly learn the software, even with its various updates and changes. The receipt layout is great with the barcode at the top, it makes it easy to pull up sales quickly. The software has really helped to better manage our inventory. I love the ability to affiliate specific customers to inventory items so we can track trends. The integration with Mail chimp is awesome as we are able to send mass emails to our customers to let them know about various events in the store. The matrix feature for the inventory is great as well. I love the all of the reports and the inventory management. The customer service team is very efficient if there is an issue and are always friendly and readily available.

Minpunten: I researched several POS systems before we chose Bindo, I thought Bindo had all of the features we needed for our small business and more. After several years of using Bindo a couple of updates were launched some were great and others were not beneficial to us. The updates often times took away features that we had liked. When I had called to investigate if this was something that was going to be corrected, there was never a time frame for when it was going to get resolved. The customer service team is always very helpful, nice and assured me that the developers were working on it. I know that no system will be perfect for everyone and with technology there are always issues but certain features just got worse and the software has gotten harder for my sales staff to use. My sales staff are not the most tech-savvy and prior to the updates they were excited and embraced the software and after a couple of bad updates they are not eager to use it. I am getting a lot of complaints by them about certain issues that I have to keep assuring them that the developers are working on. Simple features like the ability to print a quote on the receipt printer or changing the associate on a sale after it is paid or showing the balance owed by the customer on a partially paid invoice are not possible. Our lease is ending in November and I am sad to say that we will probably be leaving the Bindo Family. I still love Bindo and hope that some things change before we need to make a decision.

Pretty good but still a work in process with both good and bad points.

Chuck F.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Ability to track inventory while using the POS system. Relatively easy to use POS system. Didn't require a full computer system purchase to run in our two stores.

Pluspunten: Easy to use for most sales transactions. Can do many other things that are important to us - gift cards, customer accounts, suspended sales, quotes. Most of the reports that we use can be imported into an Excel spreadsheet where we can do most of the analysis that we need to assess our sales transactions.

Minpunten: Several primary generated reports treat sales on discounted merchandise as if there were no discount applied. Discounts are listed separately and have to be manually calculated or estimated - totally at odds with accepted accounting principles as well as Federal, state, county, and city tax rules. We have to rely on receiving a monthly generated report specially delivered to us at the end of each month. Additionally, the numbers do not always agree from one report to another and we often cannot figure out where the discrepancy comes from. In the 27 months we have been using it, our monthly bookkeeping reports has only balanced twice. With our old system, being out of balance twice in two+ years would have been remarkable. Also, we have continually struggled with label printing issues regularly (though this may be more a hardware than software issue with the Bindo supplied machines.)

It's a love hate relationship, but for the most it's a good POS

Johnathan F.
Small Business Managment
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Our inventory management, product creation, category, allowing to input specifics. I love the loyalty reward program available. Helps us build a better connection with the customer as to what they like, prefer, may want.

Minpunten: Okay, I'll try not to be too harsh but I want to be specific. The glitching, software update or any updates not to be reserved for Friday's and Saturday when it's busy. Customer want to view the items they purchased, but not with the cost price... would really appreciate is we can select by dates see the items and have no other specific information, many times customer feel the need to see all the items but this way it will show cost price the only way is selecting transaction per transaction which you may understand becames tedious. Transaction with Swipping EMV and manual imput, can really pinpoint what's the incongruency but each of our iPads 3 run differently some don't swipe other just EMV so far we just deal with it but it's annoying, last mindful thing... the printer for over a year we were promised all iPads can print receipts after installing a new 300 printer and new modem,,. Yet still only one iPad has the availability to print... anyway overall we appreciate Bindo and thank you for taking the time to ask us our opinion.

Mostly positive but have had a few issues.

Betty B.
co-owner/manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: When we need help the people are friendly and try to help us with our issues. It has been more stable lately.

Minpunten: It does not have a few features that we need ie we sell lottery tickets and need to be able to do payouts that show up as a negative in the daily sales summary report. Also they have been promising us a new emv card reader that complies with the chip cards for 3 years and we still do not have one. Also when they have internal errors we can't process credit and debit cards. When they update they do no inform us before or explain the updates very well when we notice them. Sometimes it is hard to get help when we have an issue. We are at the end of our contract and now we are having some hardware issues. The handheld scanners will not hold a charge and have to be hooked up to the cable at all times. We cannot charge with the scanners in the cradles anymore. One of the cables had to be replaced. Bindo seems to cater restaurants more than retail stores. I do not like the new menu set up. It was much easier to add pictures of products and update the product on each page when we could just hold our finger on the product and change or delete it. For us it is not very user friendly anymore.

Very Good Low Cost Option

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Brian W.
Marketing Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For what we were doing, yes there were some limitations, but it enables us to run our store. Once you figure out what it can and can't do, you can run your store without any problems. We had a store front already set up on WooCommerce and Bindo enabled us to open our physical store front. If you were doing this backward thank how we did it, Bindo has even more integrations to help you run that. I am very pleased with the way it works. I do wish that you would be able to do everything from the PC or the app side for everything, but again once you figure that out you are great to go!

Pluspunten: I was mostly impressed with their customer service. Being a smaller operation, I was always able to hear from a couple of the individuals working there. If I have a question, I always hear back from them quickly.
Running the POS is very easy after it is set up. Took it to a few shows that we did and had no problems at all!

Minpunten: I think the biggest issues relate to syncing with WooCommerce. Sometimes it wouldn't import the item correctly or if there were variations on an item it wouldn't handle it correctly. You could just call the support and they'd fix most things. I would also have some random products multiply themselves in the inventory if one of them sold. I would just delete those and verify the inventory quantity.

in general, it is easy to use and works for the most part.

Lizze G.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Inventory management and being able to access information. We can store our clients information in the system, put credit cards on file for ease of shopping. Being able to look up products and have all the information needed at a glance is helpful.

Minpunten: Multiple payment situations are a nightmare. You often have to figure Utility what payment type to put in first (order of operations situation) for the split tender to work. It's extrmemly time consuming and the customers feel like it's their fault when we can't proccess their preferred payment. We don't want our customers thinking their card is being declined when it's not or feel like they are unable to use, sometimes multiple, gift cards, store credits, etc.
there are also glitches that don't get resolved in a timely fashion. I can not use the trigger point feature to generate reorders. Instead of adding only the items set with a trigger point, the system puts EVERYTHING from the company into a purchase order. This has been reported and unresolved.

Exceptional customer service.

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2017
Randy L.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would recommend been due to any business owner who is looking for a point-of-sale system. It is easy enough to use that any of your employees can learn it quickly.

Pluspunten: The thing I like most about Bindu is the customer service. They are very quick to get back to you, and resolve any issue promptly and accurately. The software contains all of the aspects of running a business, including a time clock, and most importantly very good inventory control program.

Minpunten: When I first started up with Bindo, they had not experienced working with a drugstore, healthcare company before. Therefore I had to load much of the inventory myself in the beginning. They did however ramp up very quickly and were able to help me in this aspect of the business rapidly.

The WORST POS system ever existed

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2019
Theresa T.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This app has made my life miserable. I do not get a break because my employees are constantly calling me about issue with bindo.

Pluspunten: the look - modern look, first look you will think it's easy to use and is user friendly

Minpunten: This software will be your worst nightmare for any restaurant. It continues to freeze, unaccruate data, tickets will not print to the kitchen or print MULTIPLE times which results in wasted food. When you are slightly busy, the application freezes. My team constantly would have to go back to customers to ask what they ordered. There is no real support. This application is complete garbage and anyone who rate it hire than a ONE star is a scammer just like this app. I have been using this app for 2 years only because I signed a contract and is bind. Being a small business owner it isn't always necessarily easy to pay for two applications. When I first opened they guarantee a bunch of items that they would send me because there were no support and as soon as I open my restaurant there were tickets flowing into the kitchen wasting our products. We lost so many sales because of upset customer because they are unable to pay their bill. I would either have to comp their meal or they would just leave because of Bindo's application. When I email BIndo regarding my problems, there is no real resolution. They'll ask to update their app, once we do so, we run into 10 other problems. I feel really bad for my employees. One server who's been serving for 10 years said she has never been so stressed working as a server until she arrived at my restaurant using Bindo. PLEASE BE AWARE - DO NOT SIGN UP FOR BINDO!

Too many glitches

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Travis K.
Landbouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The overall experience with this software is very disappointing. On paper it looks to have everything we needed in a Pos system. The problem was that most of the functionality that the software claims to have does not function reliably. I have seen the reviews from years ago where customers felt like beta testers and our experience with the program is the same. When a Pos can't consistently show the correct quantities of a sale on a receipt or invoice, then we have a problem. I documented a half of a page worth of problems before I finally gave up. There are just to many to keep track of and I've got a business to run, not troubleshoot our PoS. I will say that the companies support group is usually very timely in their responses. However the vast majority of the issues with this software is not something they can fix. It is up to the development team. To be sure, my company deals with decimal quantities. All of our products are priced per pound. I do not know if it would work any better if the inventory was whole numbers only. But still, I was told the system could handle what we wanted and in the end, it could not.

Pluspunten: Bindo integrates payments through the Pos in house. So there is no need to have a separate processor except american express. The software itself is not difficult to learn.

Minpunten: The following apply to decimal quantity inventory. -Email receipts do not show the correct quantities on pos sales or invoices. They are rounded up or down sporadically. Sometimes its correct sometimes it's not.
-Orders held for longer than 2 hours may be deleted in the system.
-The Pos receipt screen sometimes shows a wrong payment amount that was paid. Not great when a customer sees an amount double what they had expected. Then I have to pull the order back up to show the customer the actual amount that was charged to a credit card.
-Embedded barcodes can only be scanned from menu screen. They will not work with the library, item code or invoice screens
-Invoices with decimal quantities can only be completely fullfilled in the iOS app. But the payment can
only be fully processed in the web browser back office. If not done this way both will only be partially completed
-Changing invoice prices will show the invoice to be a total of Zero in the invoice list.
-If a purchase order payment status is left as N/A when it is saved, all of the items will be deleted

Our company has been using Bindo for a few years now and it has been a great tool.

Pieter S.
Creative + Tech Solutions
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to build/set up store, ui/ux is great, easy to pick up and cross train, system is well organized, fantastic customer support.

Pluspunten: Ability to place images to the register hot keys, flexible system to make price adjustments on the fly, great connectivity to other hardware elements (print tags, CC reader, scanner), matrix creation ui/ux, reporting tools are also helpful.

Minpunten: Initially, split payment was tricky, but once a work flow for that is created it's not bad at all. When creating a matrix of colors/size sometimes the images need individual reassignments or uploading for proper display to specific child products.

Choose Any POS but Bindo

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2015
Clara W.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
1.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There is nothing to recommend about this product or this vendor.

Minpunten: We used bindo POS for about 10 months. Initially, the program was stable and seemed to offer quite a lot of back-end features (the reports seemed relatively robust). As time went on, we began to experience more and more instability. The entire system would stop working for hours at a time, which meant that we could not process any transactions whatsoever. Our cash counts in bindo would be completely erratic and would often start us over at $0 a few times throughout the course of a business day. Often times, transactions would simply stall and would never be completed so we would have to cancel the transaction and begin again as customers waited. Bindo also incorrectly set-up our accounts so for months at a time, we were not receiving any deposits from AmEx transactions (this happened twice). Bindo's customer service and tech support was awful in dealing with these issues. At one point, they asked if the cash count was actually necessary to us. There were so many other issues. Perhaps the worst aspect to them is the duplicitous way in which they set-up accounts. I was told repeatedly by the salesman what the system would cost for 2 registers. I purchased equipment and signed an agreement. When bindo's extensive problems really began to adversely affect my business, I discovered that I was actually in a lease agreement with a company for the equipment that I had already purchased and that I was being held to it for the remainder of the contract term. So, I've switched to another company that is actually reliable and I will have to potentially continue to pay for equipment that I've already purchased and for software from bindo that I know longer use.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Michael op 2-6-2015

A number of the problems you experienced were related to network issues in your store. We wish that we had been more proactive to address those issues, and we apologize for failing to do so. We have since revised our merchant onboarding process to ensure that our merchants have a stable internet connection before getting started with Bindo. Since putting the new process in place, no merchants have experienced the issues described in your review. If you would like to give us another try, we would love to have you back as a customer at any time.

Bindo Retail POS

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2017
Christopher M.
Kleding en mode, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like Bindo and most of its features. I do however have some issues with Bindo. One of our biggest issues is printer connectivity, especially the blue tooth printer. I believe the blue tooth version has been discontinued. Another issue that I've noticed is that it takes a long time for software updates. The current problem that is taking a long time to update is the iPhone app. It doesn't work properly and hasn't been fixed for about a year. You cannot pull a report on the phone app or anything accept view current gross sales. I have called in with issues that need to be resolved on the retail POS and some most of our concerns have never been resolved. It appears that the DEV team doesn't consider individual case by case problems serious. They only make changes they see fit for the masses and they don't fix issues for each store.

Pluspunten: Ease of use.

Minpunten: DEV team/company does not seem to have any sense of urgency to make software logic changes to meet the needs of its customers. They need to add some serious retail experience to their DEV team that really understands how retail works so that their logic is written more flexible. Especially on the permissions side of the software.

Seemingly easy to use but has a lot of problems

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2017
Ellie S.
Manager/office manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The system looks good and is intuitive to use... unfortunately thats about it for positive feedback... this system might be good for a restaurant. I cannot speak for that, but for retail, there is a lot to be desired. Its kind of a lot to get into... beyond that, the system crashes a lot. A LOT. I have had the entire system crash while I was in the middle of a sale 3 times over the course of a month that we have been using it. Luckily we purchased 2 registers because I have had to switch out my entire register to the backup just to complete a sale with my customer standing there waiting. If I did not have a back up register, I would be losing so many sales. On Saturday, my register crashed and I could not get it to work again for 6 hours... which brings me to customer service. The customer service agents are nice. They are able to help fix issues... sometimes. They will not answer the phone on weekends but there is a in app messaging system that they will answer. Often times they do not seem to have answers to our questions and will claim that "no one has ever had this problem before" or "our internet is too slow" This has been the answer to questions we have asked countless times. Other times, we ask questions and just don't ever get an answer. They will just stop responding... its frustrating and unprofessional.

Pluspunten: looks good

Minpunten: crashes all the time, customer service does not know what they are doing

Software excellent for business easy to train employees and great functionality.

Cedric N.
Assistant manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Compatibility with iOS and how easy it is to use for new employees. Our job has employees that are not that tech savvy and this software helps them and eliminate mistakes that were used on our previous software. It's easy to make changes on the fly like adding and removing buttons for events.

Minpunten: Rarely needed assistance on the weekend and it was hard to contact customer service. Issue was that on some occasions we would ring up a customer and the cash register would not open don't know if it was a software issue or cash register problem.

Bindo is the winner for us!

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2014
Jeff S.
Kleding en mode
4.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use, it looks great, and it works. Bindo does everything we need it to do, simply and efficiently. It looks great, and makes sales super fast and easy, as well as having all the reporting info we need.

Minpunten: Well, I'd like Apple to hurry up and approve the new Bindo update for iOS8 so that a couple of the glitches in the system can be corrected, but these are so minor. I really don't have anything to complain about.

Decent return on investment

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018
Nickalaus G.
Accounting
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am satisfied. Good value for the cost and features. They do a good job with request and features. If your a smaller location or quick serve you will be fine.

Pluspunten: It has more customization that other products I looked at, and I anticipate they will continue to develop the product. They do have the ability to manage 90% of the features from a remote location through their web interface which I liked. It does sync with QBO which is huge. Down to the invoice level I am told. Still have not completed that integration just yet. Able to use it in offline mode. Universal on hardware for the most part. They have a live demo.!!!

Minpunten: The payment integration is not as integrated as you would like to see. They can pass over totals to a third party card reader, but it is not fully integrated. Not a big deal and it works fine. But just something to note. I do think that there support is lacking in staff. They are still a growing company from my perspective and hopefully that will change in the future. I can say items are resolved. I like things to be done quicker but I have higher expectations. I am also not as satisfied with the reports. There are several out there but there should be a Z Report at minimal.

One of the best wireless POS systems offered

Beoordeeld op 24-1-2017
Lisa V.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Bindo has been my retail clothing shop's POS program for two years now. It's very easy to learn and to use (I've checked other mobiles out and had used hard-drive systems for 15 years prior. Does it have its glitches? Sure, what wireless program doesn't. Nonetheless, I've never lost data, it's mobile and full info can be accessed from various devices; customers are impressed with the technology (ha, which makes me look really with it); and Bindo support is quick to answer questions.

Pluspunten: Easy access to inventory and sales data, off-site mobility, report and functionality updates, matrix ability inventory, easy interface with printers, scanners, credit card processors, etc. Free hardware offered with a 3-year contract, and flexible financing available.

Minpunten: There's a limited number of printers (both receipt and labels) that that can interface, and updates can cause some hardware issues. Nothing that's a deal-breaker, though. Many many reports are available but could use more that are specifically toward a clothing retailer, such as matrix bundling in sales reports. Hopefully, that's one of the constant updates.

Bindo POS

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018
Stephen P.
Landbouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Really user friendly system simple to use for all users from front of house to accounts.

Pluspunten: This Ipad POS is very good at handling the following aspect of our business.
Single point of sale
real time inventory
Graet CRM system
supports all our thrid party apps
quick customer support and traning

Minpunten: We have been using the system for 10 months and so far no issues. Only concern is the iPad ware and tear of the screen when we keep touching the same part of the screen all day.

Terrible for what we used it for

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Joseph K.
Welcome Center Coordinator
Milieudiensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I hate using this system and have only hated it more as time has gone by

Pluspunten: For simply tracking the number of people that came through our admission side, this system worked fine

Minpunten: Too many cons to list:
1) Terrible Customer service- can take days or weeks for them to respond to inquiries
2) System was a mess to use and would have so many problems operating in many different ways
3) Random updates with huge changes to functionality that were unexplained beforehand

The idea of Bindo is good, but the support isn't there for when things go wrong.

Daniela F.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Modern software and user interface. The ability to create loyalty programs is great. The ability to track users and integrate with other software.

Minpunten: Development changes a lot of features without really listening to customer feedback. They should improve functionality based on customer reviews. The software doesn't really support over a certain number of products, yet the contract was signed, anyway, without a warning from the Bindo team.

Bindo - Looks great but lacks in back-end necessities.

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2017
Kevin W.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The Bindo POS, like many other cloud-based POS systems, is equipped with the basics. Inventory management, time-clock, multiple store capabilities, and inventory transfers. To add to that list, they also have an incorporated CRM. Unfortunately, our experience with Bindo POS was not the best. If you're in any way serious about running a business, Bindo POS does not supply the data necessary to make informed decisions on reordering and managing inventory. Their interface is beautiful and very easy to use, however you're limited once you hit the desktop. Bindo POS is optimized for tablet use. Simple functions like exporting reports and managing inventory are not easily done on a desktop. We also encountered many errors in inventory tracking, which is a NIGHTMARE. Transfers, Purchase Orders, and Sales sometimes did not log or disappeared. We purchased an iPad just to use in the office. Bindo POS has the framework and design to be one of the best retail POS software programs around.

Pluspunten: - UX
- Ease of Use (Tablet Only)

Minpunten: - Not Desktop Friendly
- Support (Seems like they're contracted and don't actually work for Bindo POS)
- Inadequate Reporting
- Bare-Essentials CRM
- Iffy Inventory Management (Buggy and not always reliable)

Every pos has it's own pros and cons but bindo seems to be pretty good for a retail liquor store.

Will C.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Has most of the alcohol-related stuff already saved and the majority of the sku's You type in will have a picture and description and size of the product. Saves a lot of time when setting up a new liquor store.

Minpunten: Sometimes if a person previously saved a item sku then you have to ask to overwrite their description or name but lately they have upgraded so we can overwrite the name.

Overall it's pretty good...a little cumbersome but maybe that's user error

Kathryn S.
Pharmacist
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's a good system for everything in a retail business. I like the reports it keeps, inventory, and sales all together

Minpunten: It seems to go down during our busiest times. It also gives us no specific rejects(our system or the card) on credit cards. Also we've had strange glitches where it either doubles the sale on a customer or we're not sure it the transaction went through

We started using it for work as oppose to QuickBooks

Benjamin S.
Store Manager
Meubels, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its easy to use and navigate and makes tracking and ordering much easier.

Pluspunten: It tracks inventory, register is easy to use, you can load it on any ipad and use it, which is nice for emergency situations. Product ordering and stuff is easy and you can set minimums on items to know what to order without looking.

Minpunten: doesn't track sales efficiently for sales staff to track, constant printer errors, difficult to look up old customers, can't adjust price in both directions, only discount, which can throw off margins.

We use Bindo for our furniture store. When it is running it works great.

John G.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Customer service. They regularly reply quickly and help fix our problem. It holds inventory and we are able to run reports that are needed. Well organized. customer service customer service.

Minpunten: Crashes at least once a day. The program regularly locks up causing us to have to shut it down in the middle of a transaction. Crashes