CAKE Point of Sale reviews

4.7/5
  • Klantenservice
    4.6/5

Over CAKE Point of Sale

CAKE van Sysco heeft zijn POS-systeem ontworpen om te voldoen aan de unieke behoeften van restaurants. Een eenvoudige, intuïtieve en kostenvriendelijke oplossing.

Meer informatie over CAKE Point of Sale

306 reviews worden weergegeven

Mark S.
  • Beoordeeld op 26-10-2017

"Cake has made a big difference in running my bagel shops. I have more time to focus on my customers."

Pluspunten: We were using a cash register before and I had looked at a number of different computerized options. When they brought this to me, it really looked like a great solution for us and has proven to be just that. Paperwork is much easier. Before it was all manual. I'd get the daily paperwork and have to enter it to have any idea of what we were doing so I'd have to spend a lot of time on that. It's basically 10% of the time it used to take which has freed me up tremendously to do more important things. In terms of keeping track of finances and hourly wages it has been a big improvement. I have two locations and now I'm able to keep track of both whether I'm there or not. On my day off I can keep track of what's going on remotely, which I definitely do check on many times every day. We don't have any big problems at all, and I just really love the system.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you Mark for an excellent review of CAKE Point of Sale! We're thrilled to hear you've had such an overwhelmingly positive experience and that CAKE POS saves you time, money, and worry in managing your restaurant. We hope both locations of Island Bagel Co. continue to perform better when served with CAKE.

• Beoordeeld op 26-10-2017
John L.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

"Cake promises undelivered"

Opmerkingen: While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Pluspunten: The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Minpunten: There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

van CAKE from Sysco op 27-1-2020

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

• Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019
Minnie I.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-2-2020

"YOU NEED THIS FOR YOUR BUSINESS!"

Opmerkingen: Purchase and set up were easy. Friendly and supportive Cake team members walked me thru the process. And I could call with questions. It's very easy to set up and change your pos menu. Easy to add and delete staff members. And the reports are easy to pull and very helpful!

Pluspunten: How easy it was to use. Once you learn to put in one item the rest just flows. If you change something its very easy to remove. Easy to set up and remove employees.

Minpunten: I liked everything about this system. It was easy to use. Great customer service team behind this product!

• Beoordeeld op 13-2-2020
Bridget B.
Owner, manager, server
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020

"Bowen's Tavern"

Opmerkingen: We are very happy with CAKE, it saves me time bookkeeping, helps with inventory and is easy for our employees. The support is wonderful and I can not say enough how nice it is to use CAKE payments for credit card processing and have everything under one system with easy to use reports!

Pluspunten: The thing that I like the most is being able to connect to the POS with my computer or phone. It makes life as an owner easier, I can make buttons for items or change prices even if I am not at the tavern. Also being able to pull reports up on my computer is much better than working only with the close cash slip. The support is wonderful, I always get an answer to my question or the help I need. It is just so easy to use that even employees who have never used a POS can learn to use it easily and fairly quickly.

Minpunten: There are only a few features that we would change such as, if you set hours for happy hour, after it is over, items cannot be cashed out if they are already on an open order so you would have to have everyone pay as you go or cash out before a certain time. The other feature that doesn't really work for our tavern is that if a refund is performed, the whole amount doesn't show as a refund, part does and the other part is refunded on the employee's tips. We would love to see the ability to close cash and assign drawers from the website as well. Other than that, we are totally happy with this system!

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020
Debbie H.
General Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-4-2017

"I have tried for a year to get this running"

Opmerkingen: We bought this system last year. At first with little business, we had some success, then one of the monitors broke down. They kindly sent out a new one right away. But then as we got busier, the POS system would crash daily. We had five registers and had to turn 2 off all the time. We were told it was our internet. We closed for the season. When we reopened we changed internet providers. It still crashed. We ran new wire. It still crashed. We bought a new modem. It still crashed. We ordered a new cradle point. It crashed again and this past week it has not been syncing which has resulted in problems with payroll. I have emailed. My managers and I have made numerous phone calls. Most of the workers have been nice but now I believe they are avoiding us because they don't know what is wrong. Lately, some of have been rude. They are not helping us figure it out. Meanwhile thousands of dollars has been wasted on this nonfunctioning system. I have tried to be positive about it the whole year as my managers are ready to throw the system out the window. It leads to frustration, loss of money from paying companies and now problems with payroll. It is easy to use when it works. It looks good. But what does that matter when it is a daily problem and I can only use two or three of the registers? I have had three other restaurants ask me about the system in the past two weeks. I had to tell them the truth. Don't buy it.

Pluspunten: Clean, sleek, easy to use, has great written instructions, workers were very friendly when we first had problems last year

Minpunten: It doesn't work. The system shuts down. It doesn't sync. The declared tips and the credit card tips could function much better. In order to make sure everyone has clocked out is more difficult than it should be.

van CAKE, a Sysco Company op 24-4-2017

CAKE is never happy when our service doesn't meet our customer's expectations. CAKE works diligently with our partners to create solutions that make it easy for restaurants like yours to succeed.

We appreciate your honest feedback, our goal is always to provide great customer service in all situations.

• Beoordeeld op 18-4-2017
Kristin R.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

"Cake support and management assistance "

Opmerkingen: Overall the system has assisted in staffing better, seeing trends with sales, reports are continuously being improved. Easy to update menu pricing and item changes. Great system for table waits, using text to notify guest table is ready is easier. Monitoring table times allowing us to see where weaknesses are. Up to date information regarding the sales, labor and comp, refunds, voids, staff errors. Everything is in one easy report.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, 24 hour support, customer services is exceptional, constantly working on improving the system and uses the customers feedback in assisting to redesign and implement changes

Minpunten: With the support team so far away it is sometimes difficult to pin point the base of the system problem. Especially through phone conversations. Recently we had a Pos terminal go and it would enter things units own. It was extremely difficult to capture the incidents while it happened. Sometimes you can't capture the problem through a video or it just would stop when on the phone with support team. The problem went on for a month. Cake was outstanding and replaced the terminal free of charge for a one time customer courtesy.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-1-2020

Hey Kristin, thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our ease of use and we continuously look to improve our Point of Sale, so thanks for noticing!

Also, glad to hear that you are putting our Point of Sale and Guest Manager to great use.

Anna B.
FOH Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 20-7-2019

"Very user-friendly on the front end, somewhat clunky on the back end"

Opmerkingen: Overall, our experience has been great. Before switching to CAKE we were using Square, which worked well when we were just a small cafe, but now that we've gown into a full service restaurant it's made a huge difference having a system built specifically for the industry.

Pluspunten: The POS is very intuitive - very little training is needed before staff have it figured out. It's also very customizable so we've been able to get tickets and receipts to print exactly how we want them to.

Minpunten: Editing the menu is pretty arduous. There are a lot of steps involved in changing just one item and there still seem to be a few bugs to sort out. The reports are also more limited than we would like and present the data as lists of numbers rather than charts, which would be easier to digest.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-1-2020

Hi Anna, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to hear that you were able to grow to a full-service restaurant and decided to partner with us.

We pride ourselves on being simple and intuitive and we are happy to hear that little training was required for your staff.

Thank you for your candor, we are always looking to make improvements to our Point of Sale.

• Beoordeeld op 20-7-2019
Tami R.
Proprietor
  • Beoordeeld op 27-2-2020

"Extremely happy with this POS system."

Opmerkingen: Excellent. My Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been magnificent!

Pluspunten: Very user friendly. Support is wonderful. Have used several systems and CAKE has been the most successful.

Minpunten: There is nothing we didn’t like. We are very happy with our decision.

• Beoordeeld op 27-2-2020
Lisa J.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020

"It Works!"

Opmerkingen: My experience thus far has been quite favorable. Reliable and easy to use, I can't really ask for more than that!

Pluspunten: It does it's job, day in and day out! I'm never worried about a 6 am call that the POS isn't working. On the couple of occasions that there was a problem, Customer Service was quick to identify it and walk me through correcting it. Also, it's user friendly so training new staff on it is a breeze.

Minpunten: I'm not crazy about the credit card fees being pulled before the money is deposited in my account. I understand the logic behind it ... but it requires me to make daily entries for Merchant Fees instead of just a once a month bill.

• Beoordeeld op 20-1-2020
Eric F.
Kitchen Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020

"Best POS software on the market "

Opmerkingen: Cake point of sale puts all my management duties into one easy to use station. For allocating costs, to tracking labor and other cost percentages, to tracking payroll, inventory, and sales by item, this tool is a restaurant managers dream.

Pluspunten: It’s function ability. It allows to me edit my menu, check my labor costs at any part of the day, calculate food cost, percentages, track my best selling dishes, it is an all and 1 absolute game changer for the restaurant industry. I absolutely love it.

Minpunten: The ONLY drawback is that it is marketed exclusively through Sysco. Now while many restaurants use Sysco for delivery, they will all tell you that the company itself can drop the ball a lot, and be very costly to your business. The only thing that stops this from being a five star product is that you can only get it being attached to Sysco, which comes with price gouging, inconsistent deliveries, and poor customer service/

• Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020
Carmelle N.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

"Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!"

Opmerkingen: The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

Pluspunten: This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Minpunten: Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

van CAKE from Sysco op 26-4-2018

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day.

We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red.

Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

• Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018
Kim T.
Owner/Corporate Secretary
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2017

"I love CAKE! "

Opmerkingen: Too many to list here but software that is easy to understand and follow and make corrections too. It runs our kitchen and food orders as well as serving as an employee time keeping system.

Pluspunten: We purchased our Cake system two years ago after looking at many different systems for our diner after making the decision to update our entire process. The Cake system had everything that we wanted. Over the past two years we've had some issues with our system that very easily have been corrected and some that took a little time to fix. We are just too busy for me to spend countless hours trying to work out an issue and receive minimal or no satisfaction. Out of all the customer service companies we have ever done business with over the last 25 years, the best has been Cake. Hands down. No exception. The technicians are beyond wonderful. Every single technician has stayed with me until the issue at hand has been resolved and has worked with me to fully understand. We have just been updated to the newest software version of Cake and while doing my first online audit of employee timecards I found that I didn't understand how to make a certain correction. The guys at Cake walked me through it late on a Sunday evening and I was able to submit my completed, accurate payroll in time. And I LOVE the new remote access update. It's so easy and helps me keep payroll in line. The only thing I can say is thank you so much for realizing the importance of great customer service! Don't change a thing.

Minpunten: I wish the ipad minis that we use for mobile table service were a little more efficient and didn't drop the Cake network connection so easily. My staff has trouble always understanding how to reconnect or update as needed and I have to jump in and try to fix whatever they've done.

van CAKE from Sysco op 16-1-2018

Thank you Kim for your great and thorough review of CAKE. We¿re honored to be among the best customer service you¿ve experienced in more than 25 years of being an industry veteran. We¿re launching a new and improved OrderPad this year, and we¿re confident it will solve issues like yours. We¿re happy you¿re using support to walk you through any issues, and we hope you¿ll keep reaching out if you should ever need help getting the most out of your CAKE Point of Sale. We can only say you¿re welcome for your praise and enthusiasm, and we¿ll continue working to be the best restaurant technology company for independent restaurants like yours!

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2017
Katie B.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2017

"Cake has been such a positive experience."

Opmerkingen: Cake saves us time with customers and employee training. It is very user friendly and the support team is very friendly and helpful.

Pluspunten: We switched to CAKE because we were launching a bigger location and with an expanded menu, this was the better option for us. We were previously using Square which didn't have a lot of the functions we needed as a bigger business. It's much easier for employees to work now because CAKE allows them to do clocking in and out in one convenient location, all the menu options can be put in the system which saves their time entering and hunting, and overall it's much more organized. We can also easily change the menu from our laptops on a regular basis because we've been adding a bunch of stuff, and it's much easier from our computers. The reports help us keep records of what sells the best during each season and we can decide then to bring it back or not. A lot of our customers are really impressed as well, it's very easy for them to use and they tell us on a regular basis. It's really user friendly and it all comes down to the ease of use. We just have no complaints, and whenever I need support it's easy to get to.

Minpunten: The screen will freeze from time to time but it is easily fixed by restarting the machine. I also wish we could find receipts by card holders last name, it would be easier to go back if we need to find a receipt for different purposes.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Your CAKE Point of Sale shouldn't be freezing, please reach out to [email protected] if you'd like some technical assistance troubleshooting this issue. CAKE is happy to hear Mishmash Eats is saving so much time by switching to CAKE POS. We hope you and your customers continue to have great things to say about CAKE's support, please get in touch if we can help you get more out of your CAKE Point of Sale.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2017
Shaun H.
Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 20-10-2017

"Gives greater control over your point of sale and tracking!"

Opmerkingen: Order accuracy and data tracking

Pluspunten: Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
Before we started with CAKE, everything was done by hand so we had to write stuff down which posed a challenge because now you had to know what went on everything and how much things were to charge for extra. There was also no way for us to track anything, really. Now we can track sales of items in general as well as hourly, and there is even an option to track by 15-minute period, which is even greater. Changing the menu is easy and I don't have to have meetings to tell people about new prices and things, I just give a heads up and then it just shows up on the machine. Customization is super easy, so even if the customer wants something we don't have in there it's super easy to enter. And then my favorite part is that I can have different printers that send information where it needs to go, so I can send the fryer exactly what they need and the grill what they need which has helped us out a lot. Instead of looking at an order with a ton of information that makes it hard to see what needs to be done, each person can see exactly what they need to do for their part and then have it come together with better accuracy.

Minpunten: It would be great if customers could order online and pay with PayPal. An app for remote access to the system would be amazing.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you Shaun for a great review! We do offer online ordering, and an app for remote access to the system. We've contacted your Customer Success representative to ensure that CC Diner and Ice Cream gets your just desserts! We're happy to hear CAKE Point of Sale saves time for team and adds more money to your bottom line.

• Beoordeeld op 20-10-2017
Carol L.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-9-2017

"We have been very pleased with our experience with Cake, from the employer and employee standpoint."

Pluspunten: Before CAKE we were a small mom and pop shop handwriting tickets with no POS system. Having everything handwritten caused issues for cooks and if we were looking for specific item sales, we had to go through every single hand-written ticket to track that kind of data. What attracted me to CAKE was that it was a rental program, so there was not a lot of out of pocket upfront cost, which is really important for a small restaurant. Having reporting capabilities to see what we're selling and how much has been an invaluable service. I can see our busy hours, how we did last week, all that information is right at my fingertips. I can also change the menu from wherever, even my phone, so I love the fact that no matter where I personally am, I can change prices, add things to the menu, take things off the menu, and check out our sales. Our payroll company can also log in and generate payroll which eliminates the chance of human error and gives them the convenience to do payroll on their time frame. A huge plus is the ability to make changes, additions and deletions on our own without needing someone from Cake to do it. In addition, they are very receptive to our "wish list" and quick with trouble shooting and response to problems. This system truly saves us a lot of time and stress.

Minpunten: The updates on the system sometimes catch us by surprise and cause a little bit of confusion for the staff. Most of the updates are very helpful, but a times, they will make a change that does not work for us. Perhaps a little more warning on the changes would help.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

CAKE makes technology for independent businesses like yours to get more done with less money, time, and overhead. We're glad to hear that it's invaluable to your pizzeria. The next time you have an item on your wish list, please do reach out, and thank you for choosing CAKE!

• Beoordeeld op 29-9-2017
Mike A.
  • Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017

"Great experience, amazing support and the right way to buy software"

Pluspunten: We were using an older text driven system before that ran on an older OS on XP and we needed something that was Windows-oriented, vendor supported, and took support off of management's hands and handed it over to the people who are actually on the floor doing the work. Frankly the old system also broke a lot, and we needed something more technologically advanced. CAKE has been fantastic. Developing and managing the menu has been surprisingly easy, like the easiest thing I've ever done. Working with the categories and modifiers was just a piece of cake. All of the people working here love it. They came off a system they were already used to, and the conversion was completely painless and extremely fast. When we went from tickets to our old system it was a 6 month nightmare, it just took forever, and I was concerned switching to CAKE would be the same, but it was instant. The system was so intuitive, it's been really nice. It operates exactly how you think it should work, which is probably why staff took to it so readily. The way you can purchase it was also a huge factor for a small independent company like ours, so you can do a small down payment instead of a big cash outlay. It just works for us.

Minpunten: An ad-hoc reporting capability would be nice. The existing reports are substantial and you can download them into excel, but I would like to be able to create my own.

van CAKE, a Sysco Company op 16-8-2017

Thank you Mike for your great review of CAKE! CAKE Point of Sale makes it easy for you to work faster, more efficiently, and with less overhead. We¿re glad to hear your staff is loving it as much as you are!

• Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Joseph G.
manager
  • Beoordeeld op 5-7-2017

"Very happy overall with the Cake System. "

Opmerkingen: decreased ticket times, no more pocketed tickets, better overall customer satisfaction.

Pluspunten: Our main problem before CAKE was time. It was taking too much time for servers to get something written on paper and get back to the POS to put everything in. If the internet was down everything was down so we wanted something cloud based so we could continue with transactions even if the internet had problems. CAKE meets all the needs we were looking for. We've got a much faster turnover rate on being able to get orders in and back to kitchen and out to the table, and we can continue taking orders even without internet, which have both helped with revenue. We also like using the guest manager system so when we run out of tables we can get numbers and page when tables open up which was an added benefit. I can also do things on the fly like change the menu even when I'm not on the restaurant, someone just gives me a call and I can add it from my personal laptop and it goes directly to the POS system, which has been really helpful as well.

Minpunten: Touch screen interaction is not instant. There is a half second lag in some of the menu screens. It may not sound like much, but anyone in the restaurant industry knows that every single second counts during the lunch rush. This lag also includes certain unnecessary animations between certain screens.
Certain features such as an on the fly print button from the table layout screen would decrease our table times.
The Split screen is very counter-productive compared to other systems.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

We're so happy to hear Cafe at the Gardens is running efficiently and profitably since switching to CAKE! But we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing a touch screen lag. If you haven't already done so, we advise contacting [email protected] for further investigation. We have brought this to the attention of our Product team in the meantime. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!

• Beoordeeld op 5-7-2017
Zick M.
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2016

"They Give You Choices....Who Doesn't Like Choices?"

Opmerkingen: The highest grade i will ever give a POS system is a 9/10 because there is always something new and innovative that you will be chasing, no matter which system you have. Therefore there is no '10' system. These guys got the 9. They have a nice system, but what i like best, is that they survey their CURRENT customers to find out what they can do better, then make it better. And they give you choices.....who doesn't like choices?!

Pluspunten: Look: Unlike many of the Micros and Aloha-type companies out there, the machine looks modern and even futuristic with the customer touch screen. We demo'd with Revel and their multi-screen set up looks out of place and almost alien-like. What is that? Ease of Use: It has many features that make training a breeze. Training mode, quick search bar for menu items, global modifiers, etc. The screen is organized, and not cluttered with a bazillion different colors like a fireworks display. i always hated that with other systems. Price: They give you what you NEED, whether it is included with the system or a 3rd party add on. This helps keep the cost down for folks like me who don't need a robust inventory system or scheduling software....if i did need it, I could add that on. They don't include, and charge you for everything, when you may not use everything. Sysco: How can you not feel comfortable doing business with a POS company owned by this food distribution giant? This was part of why we went with them.

Minpunten: i must say, the name sounds a bit silly, but does Apple sell Apples? The Support was a bit shaky for a minute but i was told they just added an additional Support department in Texas. Since then, it has been great! I would like to see more from their loyalty program. Support told me this is being upgraded and will be included in an upcoming software update!

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you Zick for your thorough and clear enthusiasm for CAKE! We're thrilled to have stood out among so many great options in the POS marketplace, and we'll continue to improve our POS based on what our customers want.

• Beoordeeld op 1-7-2016
Chris M.
  • Beoordeeld op 31-5-2017

"Drastically improved our order efficiency. Responsive Customer Service."

Pluspunten: We had a system before CAKE for several years that we couldnt upgrade, which was our biggest issue. It was becoming slower and slower and features werent very robust, even though it was very expensive. CAKE is very responsive from a customer service perspective, and theyre always very helpful. We feel very comfortable calling when we have issues, which dont often come up, whereas before we incurred service fees every time we needed customer support. The reporting is helpful from a record-keeping and costing perspective and does what we need. CAKE is always adding new features and improving the software aspect of it which is great because theres always something new we can take advantage of to improve our business. We were able to process more customers per hour because of increased efficiency, ease of use, and speed of the system. Its an attractive piece of hardware that fits in seamlessly with the rest of our aesthetic, and because of the customers ability to interact on the other side of the screen, its been a great benefit for our employees as tips went up substantially.

Minpunten: You have the ability to choose your owner credit card processor, but you have to purchase separate processing hardware. Running cards this way ads a layer of inefficiency to the transaction process, increasing service time.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you for choosing CAKE, Chris! We're excited that you can see increases in tips, and we're thrilled that you're getting the most out of CAKE by using all the features we offer

• Beoordeeld op 31-5-2017
Loc T.
Fast Casual Business Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 18-10-2017

"Streamline and solid POS employee facing screen"

Opmerkingen: Remote reports I can download or pdf a copy. Menu changes that is remote along with daily emails on sales summary. Easy to setup menu also.

Pluspunten: I liked the system because it had a customer facing screen. I also didn't want to buy my own POS system so I could get updates from the software holder instead of getting stuck with outdated software. I like how they do send us updates and try to improve the system, constantly trying to make it better. I do everything remotely so there are a lot of new features that help with that too. I can pull reports quarterly and sales reports, look at tips and do all the payroll without a different system. Everything can be forwarded directly to my CPA. Even though there are things to improve on, I do recommend the system and like it a lot. I was very careful to pick the right one for the flow of the business, it feels right and after 2 years using it, it still feels great.

Minpunten: More frequent updates to remote manage since I usually work off site. Already does a good job, but lets keep the updates coming. I want to able to edit employee incorrect login times since I am always getting a text from an employee to help them fix it and be able to make discount changes remotely as well.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

CAKE appreciates your thorough and thoughtful review, We're glad more than two years later you are still getting great value from CAKE Point of Sale. We keep innovating our products so that tips and payroll are a snap. We hear your needs about more robust remote management, and we'll send your thoughts to our product development team.

• Beoordeeld op 18-10-2017
Rey G.
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-11-2017

"Easy to use. Up and running in no time. Great customer service!"

Opmerkingen: Ease of use and so much easier trying new staff members.

Pluspunten: We've had 2 POS systems before we tried CAKE. The very first one we had was already 5 years old so it was running really slow and just couldn't handle what we needed it to do. We upgraded that one to Clover and we had high hopes but it just really didn't work out for us. We had batching issues, the numbers weren't matching, and honestly it ended up making more work for us with bookkeeping. Since we switched, closing and reporting have been so much easier. Everything is a lot easier to keep track of like sales and payroll and it's so much nicer because you can see all that online. It's also easier to add new menu items or move things around and just easier to use in general, especially once we got everything up and running. It's a simple set up and I'd definitely recommend just giving it a try.

Minpunten: No Big cons really. One minor con, is that we wish we could accept partial payment on our regular customers running tabs. It would make it so much easier.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you for taking the time to review CAKE, Rey! We're glad to hear this is the best of the 3 Point of Sale systems you've tried in your restaurant. We make it easy for you to open, close, and simply generate reports from anywhere.

This video from CAKE University can help you with more information on splitting orders by payments. Thank you for choosing CAKE for Bon Vinos Bistro and Bakery.

• Beoordeeld op 15-11-2017
Brian C.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2017

"Owner of 2 bars for 5 years. "

Pluspunten: We were iPad based with our old system which made us slaves to wifi and it went out all the time. There were daily complaints and we had too much revenue for that kind of system so it just didn't work out for us. A POS should just work and CAKE works. It's been about two years since we'e switched and there are never any complaints from the staff anymore. As an owner, I'm a report guy. The backend reports are self-explanatory and extremely comprehensive. It makes it easy to check out what's being given out in discounts and comps, online orders, sales by category, sales by employee, sales by quarter hour, sales vs labor costs, pretty much anything you'd want to know. It makes tax and bookkeeping easier, which is very important to me. The whole system is easy to use, the interface is simple, and as soon as I can I'm going to switch my other bar to CAKE too.

Minpunten: I don't like the fact that it only reports cash closed on the back end instead of what is actually opened. So I don't get the true sales we are making until the very end of the night.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review Brian! We love reports ourselves, and we're glad the CAKE Point of Sale gives you the reporting you need to run your bar your way.

Thank you for your feedback on reporting. We hear you, and the issue is on our radar.

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2017
Caryn P.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-5-2017

"Efficiency on so many levels...."

Opmerkingen: loss prevention, reporting

Pluspunten: We have seen an increase in profits, customer service and the reporting ability has helped to make our business better. Both in the front and back of the house. We had been operating on old-fashioned handwritten tickets, implementing this system has benefited us in so many ways. I love the ability to be able to log on from home and see the sales at any given time. In addition, I have been so pleased with the quality of personal customer service I have received from the lead sales manager. He has helped with the initial start up, set up and functionality of the system has provided attention to detail and any hiccups that have ever arisen he has all problems solved quickly and efficiently. I, as well as the staff, find the system pretty intuitive. We have decided to implement online ordering now, and I hope to see an increase in sales. Overall, I am pleased with Cake.

Minpunten: I am not thrilled with the credit card processing company that we must use, I would prefer to someone else.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experiences, Caryn! We do offer the option to choose a different credit card processor, although the problem is we can't offer support if issues should arise. If you'd like more information about a 3rd party processor, please contact [email protected]

• Beoordeeld op 20-5-2017
Jodine P.

"Best System Yet!"

Opmerkingen: The rep, our contact person at Cake, is AWESOME!!! :)

Pluspunten: User-friendly, love that we can make changes off-site, looking forward to using their Guest Manager program and online ordering!

Minpunten: We wish the pizza part of their system was easier to use. Half & Half pizzas are almost 50% of our orders, and it is not the easiest to enter on this current version. The only think we liked better with one of our former systems, is that it showed an actual picture of a pizza and we could click and drag toppings from one side to the other. Much easier and better visually. We are hoping Cake implements this in the future. :) (Hope that helps).

Best System Yet?

Thank you for your kind words Jodine!

Glad to see that you are using Guest Manager and Online Ordering.

Lorenia S.
administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 9-11-2017

"good program"

Pluspunten: When we switched from our old POS to CAKE, we were looking for something faster and easier which is exactly what we got. Our old system had a server and all the data made it super slow. We like having the ipads that take orders faster right at the table. It's a lot easier to update the menu or make changes and I can actually change it from my computer so I don't even have to be in the restaurant. I can do it from home the night before and it'll be ready the next day. I also look at sales reports and employee hours from home a lot too. There's not a lot of user error, and it makes things in general a lot smoother.

Minpunten: the connection with iPad has to refresh often , that means the waitress has to check iPad before going to tables i am not sure is because the system or our connection is very poor.

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

CAKE is happy to hear the Avenue Cafe is working smarter, faster, and more easily with CAKE Point of Sale. We make it simple for you to update your menus and manage your restaurant from anywhere, so you get more done while going about your busy day. It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, if you¿d like to reach out to [email protected] we'd be happy to help you work through the issue so your hardware is performing as intended. Thank you for choosing CAKE!

• Beoordeeld op 9-11-2017