I love CAKE!

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2017
Kim T.
Owner/Corporate Secretary
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Too many to list here but software that is easy to understand and follow and make corrections too. It runs our kitchen and food orders as well as serving as an employee time keeping system.

Pluspunten: We purchased our Cake system two years ago after looking at many different systems for our diner after making the decision to update our entire process. The Cake system had everything that we wanted. Over the past two years we've had some issues with our system that very easily have been corrected and some that took a little time to fix. We are just too busy for me to spend countless hours trying to work out an issue and receive minimal or no satisfaction. Out of all the customer service companies we have ever done business with over the last 25 years, the best has been Cake. Hands down. No exception. The technicians are beyond wonderful. Every single technician has stayed with me until the issue at hand has been resolved and has worked with me to fully understand. We have just been updated to the newest software version of Cake and while doing my first online audit of employee timecards I found that I didn't understand how to make a certain correction. The guys at Cake walked me through it late on a Sunday evening and I was able to submit my completed, accurate payroll in time. And I LOVE the new remote access update. It's so easy and helps me keep payroll in line. The only thing I can say is thank you so much for realizing the importance of great customer service! Don't change a thing.

Minpunten: I wish the ipad minis that we use for mobile table service were a little more efficient and didn't drop the Cake network connection so easily. My staff has trouble always understanding how to reconnect or update as needed and I have to jump in and try to fix whatever they've done.

van CAKE from Sysco op 16-1-2018

Thank you Kim for your great and thorough review of CAKE. We¿re honored to be among the best customer service you¿ve experienced in more than 25 years of being an industry veteran. We¿re launching a new and improved OrderPad this year, and we¿re confident it will solve issues like yours. We¿re happy you¿re using support to walk you through any issues, and we hope you¿ll keep reaching out if you should ever need help getting the most out of your CAKE Point of Sale. We can only say you¿re welcome for your praise and enthusiasm, and we¿ll continue working to be the best restaurant technology company for independent restaurants like yours!

They Give You Choices....Who Doesn't Like Choices?

Beoordeeld op 1-7-2016
Zick M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The highest grade i will ever give a POS system is a 9/10 because there is always something new and innovative that you will be chasing, no matter which system you have. Therefore there is no '10' system. These guys got the 9. They have a nice system, but what i like best, is that they survey their CURRENT customers to find out what they can do better, then make it better. And they give you choices.....who doesn't like choices?!

Pluspunten: Look: Unlike many of the Micros and Aloha-type companies out there, the machine looks modern and even futuristic with the customer touch screen. We demo'd with Revel and their multi-screen set up looks out of place and almost alien-like. What is that? Ease of Use: It has many features that make training a breeze. Training mode, quick search bar for menu items, global modifiers, etc. The screen is organized, and not cluttered with a bazillion different colors like a fireworks display. i always hated that with other systems. Price: They give you what you NEED, whether it is included with the system or a 3rd party add on. This helps keep the cost down for folks like me who don't need a robust inventory system or scheduling software....if i did need it, I could add that on. They don't include, and charge you for everything, when you may not use everything. Sysco: How can you not feel comfortable doing business with a POS company owned by this food distribution giant? This was part of why we went with them.

Minpunten: i must say, the name sounds a bit silly, but does Apple sell Apples? The Support was a bit shaky for a minute but i was told they just added an additional Support department in Texas. Since then, it has been great! I would like to see more from their loyalty program. Support told me this is being upgraded and will be included in an upcoming software update!

van CAKE from Sysco op 11-1-2018

Thank you Zick for your thorough and clear enthusiasm for CAKE! We're thrilled to have stood out among so many great options in the POS marketplace, and we'll continue to improve our POS based on what our customers want.

The Best POS System Out There

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Kim T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We first started with Cake when they were a brand new company. We've had some issues and the Cake team always listens and is open to fresh ideas. The biggest accomplishment was to be able to remotely handle employee issues. I can manage hours, look at reports and handle everything from the comfort of my own home if I choose. And it's so easy.

Pluspunten: I love everything about this Software. I like that it's easily managed both in house and over the internet. I like the ease of handling customer orders and employee management. But, my favorite thing is the Customer Support is beyond excellent.

Minpunten: That when an employee is terminated from the system, there is no way to get their information back. If they come back to employment, they must be reentered. If they file a claim, for example, their back information needs to be obtained from Customer Service.

van CAKE from Sysco op 12-12-2018

Hi Kim, thanks so much for your review! We love to hear that your POS has been so easy to use, and that our Customer Support has been so helpful! Also thank you for the feedback about employees that leave but may come back again later. We will pass that on to our Product Team to see if that is something we can address in the future.

AWESOME Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2018
Jacqueline C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've had CAKE for almost 2 years and have been very happy with the product. The hardware has been very sturdy and we haven't had any issues with the equipment. We recently added an order pad to our establishment. Our customer success manager, helped us look at our options so that we could select the best equipment for our patio. On opening day for our new patio we had an issue with a power supply for the order pad WiFi access point. CSR drove up a replacement the next day, so that we would be able to be up and running for our busy Friday night. She has been the greatest help with all things related to our POS system.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, cloud based updates so you always have the latest version of software, AMAZING customer service, team take suggestions for features to be added and ACTUALLY applies those suggestions.

Minpunten: We have been happy with all aspects of CAKE

van CAKE from Sysco op 12-12-2018

Thanks so much for your review, Jacqueline! We love to hear that you have found your CAKE Point of Sale easy to use and have such amazing support from your Customer Success Manager! So great to hear that they went above and beyond to help you guys out with the OrderPad and made sure everything was up and running. We take care of our customers and appreciate your business!

Cake is Good

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2018
Linda L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Reports are very intuitive and provide helpful insights.

Pluspunten: Cake POS is easy to use and maintain especially for a restaurant that modifies the menu often. Customer service has always been helpful.

Minpunten: One suggestion is to solicit feedback prior to making software changes - some of the changes have required work arounds for my restaurant usage model.

van CAKE from Sysco op 12-12-2018

Hi Linda, thanks for the kind words! We try to make our solution as flexible and easy to use as possible, we are glad that you have found it to work well for your restaurant. Thank you for your suggestion about soliciting feedback. We do our best to solicit feedback from customers and design the best solutions for our customers, but we understand that sometimes changes may not work for everyone. If you have any issues or have any feedback you would like to provide at any time, please contact Support or your Customer Success representative. We also have a Beta program as well, that allows customers to test new releases if that is something you might be interested in participating in.

Restaurant Manager

Beoordeeld op 2-10-2018
Hamid K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The overall experience has been good so far. 85% of the time the customer service has been able to resolve our issues right away with few occasions when they needed more time to consult their technical team asking their engineers to review the issue to get back to us.

Pluspunten: 24/7 customer service is the best option enabling us to call and receive customer support at any time. We have contacted support line many times and the longest we have waited, so far, has bee 3 minutes. We have not used any other software in the past to compare it with, but it has been useful and reliable so far.

Minpunten: Though customer service is available 24 / 7 and they are courteous, the software seems to be limited and their process does not allow their engineers to add some of the required features necessary/important to the individual businesses. They require multiple business requests before they look into adding some features.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-10-2018

Hi Hamid, thanks for your review! We pride ourselves on our 24/7 customer support and are glad to hear you have found it useful. We understand that there are always features and ways that we can improve, so we do appreciate the feedback that you have been providing and seriously take all customer feedback into account as we plan for new feature updates. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your business.

Save time, money, and no mistakes.

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018
Kelly R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Cake has made starting my small restaurant of 1 employee, my husband and myself easy to maintain. We do not have to worry about reading handwriting, lost tickets, and so many other things that can go wrong with human errors. The main reason I chose the Cake system is because of the built in online ordering system. I do not have to pay a 3rd party for this feature, it has been flawless and a very important part of our business. The record keeping and report system saves so much time, the system sends reports to my accountant daily and monthly I just set it up and forget it. Time sheets, sales tax reports, so much more I could write a book. Overall the Cake system has been wonderful for us we just hit our one year make of opening this restaurant and we keep growing.

Pluspunten: The POS register is easy to use my husband is not in the 21st century when is comes to technology, he is the only person that runs the register and inputs orders.

Minpunten: Nothing I can think of right now, there are a couple little features I would like but they are more for convenience for my restaurant.

van CAKE from Sysco op 12-9-2018

Hi Kelly, thanks for your kind review! We love being a part of our customer's success stories. Cheers to your first year and continuing to grow with CAKE!

Great POS System

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2019
Nestor D.
Managing Member
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great system, from POS to customer service on the phone and representative being great on the phone and sharing information! Great job CAKE!

Pluspunten: The software is great, very simple to use. Everything is easy to find, buttons are easy to push. We love the Cake reports and how you can keep track of sales, update and change the menu in an instant. Well rounded POS.

Minpunten: Not much, everything works well. Maybe too many buttons on screen. but honestly cant find many wrong things. Maybe printing kitchen tickets mods in a different color so cooks can distinguish the mods easier.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Hi Nestor, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We love to hear that you think the software is easy to use and everything just works, as well as find value in our reporting. Thanks for the feedback as well, I'll be sure to pass this on to our team.

cake review

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Jeff K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: the order menu is very easy to use and learn quickly. the drop down menus are easy to understand. the shortcuts help a lot. new users are still able to use the system while they learn the best and most efficient ways to place orders.

Minpunten: would be nice to have some more control from my office, but many of the issues have been addressed and added over the last 3 years. also would be nice to change how things are printed to the kitchen, especially the order of things

van CAKE from Sysco op 23-10-2018

Thank you, Jeff! We strive to make our solutions user friendly for our customers, so glad to hear we're doing a good job. We appreciate the feedback on having more remote functionality into the system. As you have seen, we are always improving and incorporating new features, so stay tuned!

Cake POS for Restaurant/Bar

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
Cory H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it’s way better than what we are using. Still have a lot of improvements to make but to their credit, they always answer the phone when you call tech support!

Pluspunten: The ability to search any item in the system. Very slick if you have a lot of food/beverages.

Minpunten: Being a new POS, they are missing key features. For example, when we first started using a it, we couldn’t split an item between two checks, a very common restaurant feature. To their credit, we made suggestions and they updated the software to accommodate!

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Thanks, Cory, for your review! Great to hear that you've found the search function and the overall point of sale such an improvement over your past POS solutions. Of course, there are always improvements to be made and we do our best to take customer feedback and incorporate that into product updates. As you can see, we recently release a brand new redesigned split check and split item solution. Thanks for your contribution in helping make CAKE better for all!

Cake

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Joseph J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Cake Point of Sale has made it easier for new employees to quickly work the front counter. The support from Cake has been wonderful.

Pluspunten: What I liked most about this software is the ease of use.

Minpunten: I really don't have any complaints about this software. We, and I assume others, have made suggestions to make the software better which has been looked at by the Cake team and usually it has been implemented.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Thanks so much for your kind review, Joseph! Great to hear that you have found the software so easy to use and have no complaints, wow! As always, we appreciate your suggestions and we are always making improvements based on feedback from our customers, we are glad you have seen some of these improvements be brought to life. Thanks again for being a loyal customer, we appreciate you and your business.

Cake Point of Sale review

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Craig C.
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A good POS system at a good price. Representation and support are outstanding.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. The staff loves it. Team members who have used other POS systems like the ease of use of the CAKE system.

Minpunten: The systems ability to help with inventory without adding Orca. Spend the money, invest in Orca.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Thanks, Craig, for your 5-star review! So easy to use and the staff love it, that's our goal and love to hear that it's helping your business! We appreciate your feedback about inventory - we do provide stock counts but we do suggest that users partner with Orca for full inventory management so it's helpful to hear that you have found that to be valuable to your business. A good POS at a good price - thanks so much for the review and your business, we appreciate you!

Cook and Manager

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2019
Denise R.
manager/ cook
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like that we can keep track of items that sell the most. I like that at 1 touch I can see the sales made per worker.

Minpunten: I don't like that once the waitress sends ticket to kitchen, any mistakes (like price) can't be fixed without voiding the order. I don't like that when I need to use a third party payment per say credit card, that there is no way to include tip in with our sales.

van CAKE from Sysco op 5-2-2019

Thanks, Denise, for your kind review! We love hearing that CAKE POS has made tracking items and sales a breeze. Thank you for your feedback about tickets and third party credit cards. Our team is aware of these issues and are actively working to improve them. Thank you for being a loyal customer, we appreciate your business!

Great system at a reasonable price

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019
Raynette W.
Cfo
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our orders to the kitchen are clear. Payments our easy for our customers. We are able to monitor each location without having to be there physically.

Pluspunten: Ease of use
Ability to make menu changes quickly- and remotely!
Customer support team

Minpunten: Some changes caused growing pains. Issues with upgrades being focused only on larger users

van CAKE from Sysco op 5-3-2019

Hi Raynette, thanks so much for your review! We love to hear that you've found CAKE to be a great value and allows you to check in on your business remotely! Sorry to hear that you had issues with some of the recent upgrades, we do our best to include updates for all of our customers, large and small. Hopefully our future updates coming soon will ring more true for you.

Terrific Value, Terrific Customer Service!

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019
Mark F.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: CAKE has been a game-changer for us, allowing us to reduce our costs and improve our operational efficiency. It is an excellent product.

Pluspunten: We love the ease of use for our wait staff. Best of all, the customer service line is incredibly responsive. Our system has been up and operational for 18 months with very few glitches.

Minpunten: It was a little complicated to get set up initially.

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Thanks, Mark! Ease of use, training, and support are all a piece of CAKE! Thanks for the feedback on your initial setup, we do our best to provide customers with everything that they need to get started and be successful - if you have specifics on what we could improve here, we'd love to hear them. We love to hear how CAKE has helped you be successful in your business, reducing costs and improving efficiency. Thank you for your business and we hope to continue to help you in your success.

Cake Program

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Diane D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is very easy to get my yearend taxes done now. When Insurance people needed to see my sales it was so much easier than when I did everything in a book!! It took me days before.

Pluspunten: It is very easy for me to use since I am not usually very computer savvy

Minpunten: Nothing that I can think of. I never had a POS system before. I only had a cash register so I really love that. It is so easy to see what your employees are doing and what your sales are at any given time.

van CAKE from Sysco op 28-11-2018

Thanks, Diane, for your kind review! We love hearing that the transition has been smooth coming from a cash register and that you have been enjoying all the expanded features that come with CAKE.

CAKE has saved me so much time!

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
Sue ann L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: CAKE allows me to tie all of my business aspects together. My inventory, ordering, and sales and being tied into one program which saves me time and money.

Pluspunten: CAKE's ease of use and customer service makes it outstanding. I have an open line with my rep and any need we come across CAKE does their best to change the programming to fit my needs!

Minpunten: Cons are minimal. Glitches seem to be very rare and when they do happen they are fixed promptly.

van CAKE from Sysco op 4-2-2019

Hi Sue Ann, thanks so much for your kind review! Love hearing that you have had such a great experience with CAKE! We do our best to make things easy for our customers, and we're glad that you agree.

Easy and Cost Effective

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2019
Mike G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Cake is extremely user friendly. My employees learned how to use it in about 5 minutes. Also, the pricing makes it great for small businesses. Lastly, the support is wonderful. After almost 3 years of having cake, we have yet to experience any problems.

Minpunten: Nothing. Everything is wonderful. I have recommended it to other independent restaurants

van CAKE from Sysco op 10-4-2019

Thanks so much, Mike, for your review! Extremely user friendly, and your employees learned to use it in 5 minutes, wow - love hearing that your experience was a piece of CAKE. Thank you for being a loyal customer, we appreciate you and your business!

Cake software review

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Scott M.
Business Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software is very easy to use. The customer support is probably one of the best I have talked to. The Cake staff is very friendly and helpful. I would not think of using a different company for my POS needs.

Minpunten: Some of the previous software updates caused an issue with the POS having to be restarted frequently. I have talked to tech support about the issue and it has been since resolved.

van CAKE from Sysco op 12-12-2018

Thank you so much, Scott, for being such a loyal CAKE customer! We are happy to hear that you have found the Point of Sale easy to use and had such great service from our support team.

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2018
Jennifer F.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Super easy to use and it did not break the bank to buy it. Plus customer service is easy to work with and get in touch with when needed.

Minpunten: Certain features on the employee clock in and out. I have had trouble fixing times for employees who forgot to clock out till the next day.

van CAKE from Sysco op 20-11-2018

Thanks, Jennifer, for your kind review! We love hearing that you find CAKE easy to use and have experienced our top notch customer service. If you are still having issues with your employee clock in and out, please contact your Customer Success Representative or you can call support any time at 855.696.CAKE.

Very Happy

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Richard Z.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is an overall help. Easy setup to time saving for the waitstaff and easy reading for the kitchen staff.

Pluspunten: It has worked well for our small bar and restaurant. We love the order pad, it saves the waitstaff so much time and they can connect with more customers.

Minpunten: The set up to start was alot, menu building, modifiers, and learning everything. But cake university was a great help. Was well worth the time

van CAKE from Sysco op 3-1-2019

Thanks so much, Richard! We love to hear that CAKE Point of Sale and OrderPad have been a great solution for your small bar and restaurant. We understand that there is quite a lot to be setup in the beginning - so happy to hear it was worth it and CAKE University was so helpful! If you need any more help or have questions, you can always call CAKE Support 24/7.

CAKE review

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2019
Peggi S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great experience. Looking forward to using it with Quickbooks.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. We are able to track sales by individuals.

Minpunten: I would like to be able to run reports for a full year. Right now you can only do 3 months at a time.

van CAKE from Sysco op 4-2-2019

Thanks so much for the review, Peggi! Glad to hear that your CAKE POS has been easy to use and helpful in tracking individual sales. We appreciate the feedback on reporting. Our team is working on a bunch of enhancements that should allow for you to choose whatever range you like for reporting. We will let you know when this is ready to launch. Thanks again for being a CAKE customer!

Gerneral review

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
Renee S.
Assistan Manager of Nutritional Services
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Cake point of |Sale has been great for us. It is so much easier to program and run reports and it is all right there. I wish that Sysco items could be linked into the system so you can analyze menu items and price them out better within the system.

Pluspunten: How easy it is to use, and train staff.

Minpunten: sometime the internet goes out ,
the credit card machine doesn't always work right but it could be our access.

van CAKE from Sysco op 23-10-2018

Thank you, Renee, for your kind review! We love hearing how easy CAKE Point of Sale has been to use for yourself and your staff. Are you still having issues with your internet? When there is no connectivity, you should still be able to process payments with offline payments. This can be turned on in System Options. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at 855.696.CAKE.

Which POS to buy

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2018
Luciano N.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In the four years that we have been using Cake I rarely have to call to correct an issue. I can usually can correct it my self by watching the FAQ or by calling support.

Pluspunten: This is a very affordable POS system to buy or lease. Easy to use and the support is there 24/7.

Minpunten: Not able to close cash by remote but have been told it's coming soon as an update.

van CAKE from Sysco op 23-10-2018

Luciano, thanks so much for your review! So happy to hear you have found your CAKE Point of Sale system affordable, easy to use, and round the clock support. You are correct, currently you can not close cash remotely but it is coming. Stay tuned!

Renewal of the contract

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2018
Sonja S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The Cake POS system is showing me in detail the sales of each item in an easy format. I am very impressed on having this as an owner.

Pluspunten: Its made for restaurants and has a diverse application for what I need to make my business efficient.

Minpunten: There is more applications I can use and my time is limited for implementing them. I would like to have online support to go through these applications.

van CAKE from Sysco op 20-8-2018

Thank you, Sonja, for your kind review! If you ever have any questions about various applications or integrations with your CAKE Point of Sale, you can contact support any time at (650) 215-7777.