Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Squarespace

Squarespace biedt een alles-in-één e-commerceplatform dat je alles geeft wat je nodig hebt om je bedrijf te runnen en online te verkopen.

Meer informatie over Squarespace

Easy to deploy and integrates (albeit not seamlessly) with GoDaddy, where we were previously hosting our website. Excellent customer service.

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things.

Beoordelingen van Squarespace

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Squarespace heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.971 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Squarespace eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.971)

Nejat
Nejat
PhD student
Research, 10.000+ werknemers

Phenomenal tool for web design

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Op deze manier is iedereen een webdesigner

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Hiermee hebben wij een mooie website voor ons bedrijf gemaakt.

Aan de hand van een template of de blokken zelf je website bouwen en vormgeven. Alles is vrij duidelijk en simpel te doen. Er is zelfs ruimte om eventueel wat dieper het design in te duiken voor de gevorderde. Ook makkelijk up to date te houden als alles staat. Integratie van andere apps mogelijk en werkt fijn.

Soms kan je alleen vormgeven aan de hand van Squarespace zijn richtlijnen, voor een echte designer kan dit vervelend zijn. die voelt zich hierdoor beperkt.

Jenna
Jenna
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The Best AND Easiest Website-Creating Software You Will Ever Use!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Squarespace has saved me time, money, and has allowed me to expand my photography business over the past 5 years by providing the perfect place for clients to find me online. Plus, I get SO many compliments on my website! People always comment on how it is professional, clean, and easy to navigate.

When I first started looking for a platform to create a website for my fledgling photography business nearly 5 years ago, there were a few specific characteristics I was seeking: I needed the platform to be easy to use, quick to set up, and to showcase my photos in an optimal way to potential clients. I found all of that and more with Squarespace! I was able to get my website set up in just a few days and was able to do it without any tears or that "I'm going to pull my hair out!" feeling. If anything, it was the complete opposite! I couldn't believe how easy everything was to set up and how professional my website looked.

The ONE thing I wish Squarespace had more of: more creative templates. Their website templates are a great, solid "skeleton" (if you will), but you definitely have to put extra work in if you want to make your website stand out from others who utilize the same template.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Photographer in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A powerful website building solution

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Squarespace has been a strong tool for my photography business. It's allowed me to easily create and update a portfolio website. While there are some customization limits I've been happy with Squarespace overall for years;

Squarespace offers great design templates, a user-friendly interface, and buit-in, reliable features. Gone are the days of dealing with plugins, updates and other headaches that come with some other tools.

I've run into some customization limitations, their update to the most current version was far from seamless, requiring customers to rebuild their sites rather than be upgradeable. There are cheaper options out there for sure as well.

Hoi
Back End Developer in Hongkong

Website and Landing Page Builder of 2024

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Squarespace offers drag and drop functionality which eradicate coding when designing websites.

I like every aspect on Squarespace since it works lit for me.

Amy
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers

Difficult to use and does not worth the monwy

2,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Poor and bad experience in almost all aspects

The only think I liked was the pictures quality to choose from when building the website,

Acuity scheduling and their customer support

Ben
Creative and Communications Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

I couldn't be happier with Squarespace as a web-building platform

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This platform was a winner from the start. I had done trials of a few other builders, and I caught on to this one the fastest. It's extremely intuitive, and they have tons of beautiful virtually plug-and-play templates that anyone can use to make a stunning website.

Squarespace is so easy to use. Although having a design background helps, you don't have to have one to understand and use this platform. Having said that, it's also an incredibly powerful tool, with comprehensive features.

As I have found with any website-building tool, there always seem to be a handful of features that seem like no brainers, but aren't offered. I found this to be the case when I wanted a scrolling carousel of images. But, there are always work arounds, and although it was a bit more work, I figured out how to use the tools offered to get close to my desired result.

Joshua
Digital Media Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Great Website Hosting Platform!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Squarespace makes it easy to design and manage a website, for those who need something easy. They have most of the features I need, and continue to improve!

I wish SO BAD that they would make calendar events that could repeat for a set time (like once a week for x number of weeks). It's a simple feature that they just won't update! It's huge for our church. Maybe one day...

Julia
Graphic Designer in Amerikaanse Maagdeneilanden
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Sleek & Intuitive. All in one platform.

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like that squarespace is very sleek and modern looking. All of the templates are essentially set up so you can swap out your own content. I've tried every other platform and I return to Squarespace because I just find it to be really intuitive.

There's not much I don't like about it which is why I've used it for over 5 years.

Cassie
Communication in VS
Landbouw, 11-50 werknemers

No website design experience needed!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very pleased. Editing the website on the backend reflects exactly how the website looks from the front end.

No website design experience needed to learn how to create and design webpages.

I wish the refund process was more simple.

Tre
Omroepen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great for anyone looking to elevate their business!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

I like that it was user friendly and I could contact experts to help me with the process.

It can be a tab expensive but I think well worth it!

Architectuur en planning, 201-500 werknemers

Good to go

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Easy to use and modern designs, lots of possibilities

Expensive and not possible to pay by invoice for customers

Joshua
Office Administrator in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.

Patrice
Founder in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

Ian
Director of Marketing in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Kim
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Top quality website and easy to create!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!

The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

Alyssa
Founder & Creative Director in VS
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Squarespace is my favorite web design platform as a boutique web designer

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Squarespace. I've been using it for over 3 years and have been able to quickly produce several websites with it. I'm a little disappointed by how much Squarespace is limited on design, but the tradeoff is worth it with how easy their platform integrates e-commerce, email marketing, scheduling, and inventory management all-in-one.

Squarespace is clean, sophisticated, modern, easy to use, and has built-in features such as domain purchasing, email marketing, scheduling, and e-commerce that make it easy to run a business. With Squarespace, I can trust that my clients will be able to manage their website 100% by themselves once I finish designing it for them. With other platforms (like Wordpress), I cannot guarantee the same. I also like how transparent Squarespace's pricing and plans are. It's so easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. In Squarespace, I can design a high-quality website extremely fast and share the draft with my clients easily.

Squarespace is the least flexible of all the web design platforms that I work with in terms of design customization. There are a lot of different types of widgets and ways to display content that simply aren't available on Squarespace because the platform limits what you can change in the design (probably to prevent websites from turning out bad). I've also noticed that Squarespace websites typically load slower than some of the websites I've built on other platforms like Webflow and Duda.

Anne
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Easy and Elegant

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

Kacy
Website Owner, Ministry Developer, Content Creator in Zuid-Afrika
Religieuze instellingen, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Clean, simple start-up but not the smoothest system.

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Squarespace primarily for blogging and building a brand. It is not optimal for writing, editing and photos, but it makes for a great, clean website with many options with electronic forms, pull down menus and features. Overall, it's a great product, but still very clunky and unsteady.

It is easy for a non-expert like me to build a blog, navigate a website and make quick edits. Squarespace stands out above the rest in simplicity with drag and drop features. It does a good job with electronic forms to make a way for more to opt in and covers all the bases on what you need for a website. They offer great analytics!

The software is very clunky. I tend to use it on my MacBook, but have learned to write content somewhere safer than putting it straight into website. It has crashed so many times, and adding pictures often takes a very long time. The iOS apps seem to work better but that's not optimal for my work. I've also struggled some with text editing and formatting. The process isn't smooth.

Atharva
Founder in India
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Squarespace: Best and fast website builder

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you are a beginner and want to build a website as quickly as possible without any prior knowledge, then you can go with Squarespace. But, if you are willing to invest some time to learn about website development, then nothing is better than WordPress.

Squarespace is a good option for beginners who want to build a website without any prior web development knowledge. They provides lots templates to design the website, which are mobile-friendly. First you need to select one among 100+ templates and start buliding your website with it's easy website builder. You can easy sell products in Squarespace and track product orders from the dashboard. It also has a Financial dashboard to track earnings. And ff you have any concerns about using Squarespace, you can contact customer service at any time.

Squarespace sites are not good in search engine optimization, making it difficult to rank them on the first page of Google. Limited software and service can be integrated with Squarespace. It is also quite tough to migrate from Squarespace to another website development platform.

Mike
Delivery Driver in Zuid-Afrika
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers

Squarespace Review by Mike Tonga

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Although there have been some cons towards Squarespace, my overall experience has been great. One of the best features of the software, is its price. Unlike other software programs that require loads of money to start off or to go premium, Squarespace provides a suitable price that all small businesses can manage. The websites that can be made from this software look great if made correctly and function as any website would.

One of the main things I liked about this was its user-friendly interface, which made it easier to make the website. Another would be the wide variety of templates offered.

The only disadvantage of this software is the lack of customizability given to the creator of the website. You can only customize the templates preset rows. Plus the fact that it cannot autosave, but will suggest you to manually save after changes.

Dave
Dave
Founder and Arts Chaplain in Canada
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

Amy
Partner & Brand Director in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Easy drag-and-drop alternative to other web platforms

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm a copywriter, designer and brand/marketing consultant. I've built multiple small sites myself, and on a handful of others have directed freelance designers and developers on site build-out. First Squarespace site I did was in 2016. We build websites for clients on Wordpress, Shopify and Bigcommerce as well. And tend to direct clients to Squarespace if their content will be visually-driven, perhaps a little lighter on the e-commerce side, and when they'll benefit from the ability to create new pages -- especially marketing landing pages under their own domain -- without the need to call in extra developer/programmer assistance.

Squarespace's drag-and-drop platform makes it really easy to create a great-looking, full-functioning website... that can be organically changed, added to and otherwise modified over time. If we have clients who need to create marketing landing pages under their own URL, Squarespace is the one website platform that offers this natively and elegantly. We find ourselves needing to call in programmer/developers far less often when creating or modifying a web site on Squarespace. The ability to add forms, email captures, slide shows, etc., is all native to the platform, without needing to add a bunch of plugins. Your editing window is the actual page, so you can see what your dragging, writing, and otherwise placing on the page in a completely visual editor view. If you are someone who doesn't do coding... and likes the ability to drag sections and elements, set your own colors, padding, etc., Squarespace is really quite flexible and easy to use.

It doesn't do a perfect job of scaling photography from desktop to mobile views. It certainly does it, but sometimes requires a little creativity to set the image focal point and/or scale the original image so that it looks good in desktop and doesn't look too big in mobile. This is less of an issue with large banner-width images than with smaller inset images. Takes a little getting used to. The only other issue we've run into is that the interface is so easy to use that we've had a client go in and make color and photo changes we'd have preferred he didn't. Easy enough to correct. But, generally, our clients are too intimidated by other platforms to get in and change things, so just something to think about and create a plan/process around on a Squarespace site.

Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells). Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup. I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and servers. All it takes is one new CEO who is ‘Woke’ or a Twitter tweet with no accountability or responsibility, to blow up and a company’s online presence can be severely compromised. Like I said what we do is not even controversial, but We have seen from other marketing firms, weird issues like that concerning square space and competitors. So as time goes on and we become more profitable, the goal is to eventually break away from Square space over lack of control over our own website and servers.

Melissa
Business Owner in VS
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Great for Basics, not so great for customization

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a great quality jumping off point for anyone new to the ecommerce game. If you have some experience with web design, you would probably enjoy building your own site a lot more than trying to fit yourself or your business into one of the proverbial "boxes" that Squarespace has to offer it's clients. If you're just trying to break into the market and are looking for an easy to use and manage, basic solution - this will work great!

I really liked how easy this was to use and get setup, considering I have ZERO web design or IT experience. It was really user friendly, has lots of guides to help you get started. Lots of modern designs that can fit a lot traditional/regular business streams. The customer management features are EXCELLENT - especially if you use a Square POS system in your shop. I really love that I can run analytics on any particular customer, plus you can use the info across Square platforms. Really great ecommerce software if your needs are basic.

The ability to customize to your business could use a lot of improvement. You can customize to an extent - it generally requires you to have any and all imagery, content and designs done and simply uploaded to the site. This is a daunting task if you have never done anything like this before - I tried and it didn't go well. None of the themes really "matched" or worked well with our business and how we wished to incorporate ecommerce into our business.

Angelica
University Intern in Ecuador
Farmaceutica, 501-1.000 werknemers

Discover the Power of Squarespace: Simplify Your Website Creation Process

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: During my internship in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, I had the opportunity to utilize Squarespace for creating a website to showcase our research projects and findings. The platform's intuitive interface and pre-designed templates made it easy to create an attractive and functional website without the need for extensive coding. Squarespace's integrated blogging tools allowed us to share our research updates effectively, while the e-commerce features enabled us to sell educational materials related to our projects. The responsive design ensured that our website looked great on various devices, enhancing the user experience. Overall, Squarespace provided us with a user-friendly solution to showcase our research in a professional and visually appealing manner.

Squarespace offers numerous advantages for website creation. Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface allows users to effortlessly design and customize visually stunning websites without the need for coding knowledge. The platform provides a wide range of modern and responsive templates that adapt seamlessly to different devices, ensuring a consistent user experience. The built-in features, such as e-commerce capabilities, blogging tools, and SEO optimization, make it a comprehensive solution for businesses and individuals. Squarespace also provides reliable hosting, security, and customer support, ensuring a hassle-free website management experience. Overall, Squarespace empowers users to create professional and visually appealing websites with ease

While Squarespace offers many benefits, it does have a few limitations. The customization options, while extensive, may not provide the same level of flexibility as coding a website from scratch. Users looking for highly intricate and complex designs may find the platform somewhat limiting. Additionally, some advanced functionalities may require third-party integrations or additional coding, which may not be suitable for users without technical expertise. Lastly, the pricing plans can be relatively higher compared to other website builders, which may be a drawback for budget-conscious individuals or small businesses.