Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Bill W.
Business Optimization Manager
Magazijnen/opslag, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Minpunten: This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Happy to Recommend Phocas!

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2019
Graham L.
Business Intelligence Coordinator
Olie en energie, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

Pluspunten: The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

Minpunten: I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

Phocas is Amazing!

Nicholas G.
Data Analyst
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

Minpunten: This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Jim M.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Pluspunten: We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Minpunten: I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Best BI Tool

Jorge A.
IT
Medische apparatuur, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.

Pluspunten: This software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.

Minpunten: It was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague

Phocas Review

Adam L.
Controller
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use it for daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting for all areas of our business.

Pluspunten: User-friendliness. It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a nice clean and modern look and feel.

Minpunten: It doesn't have all the data in it we would like and sometimes it is difficult to get that data into Phocas. That may be more of an Eclipse limitation though.

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Jason H.
Area Manager
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Minpunten: Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

Cost effective Management Information

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Alan M.
Business Improvement Manager
Machine- en installatiebouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Pluspunten: Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today .
We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Minpunten: Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2019
Mike J.
IT Manager
Groothandel, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Pluspunten: What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Minpunten: The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Stephanie S.
B.I. Software Specialist
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Minpunten: I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

Very User Friendly Software

Bo A.
Business Intelligence Manager
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a great tool at a great value and it keeps improving. If you don't know what you're doing this team is more than happy to help you get off the ground and train you and set up your initial databases, they'll help you succeed.

Pluspunten: The support team is great and very helpful. The software is very easy to learn for new users and people that aren't comfortable with an analytics tool. The tool is very intuitive and you can start doing analysis very quickly.

Minpunten: The Custom function does add depth of functionality, but it's hard to do certain formulas like Maxs, Mins, or Standard Deviations. The amount of graphics and charts is increasing but it would still be nice to have more.

Phocas going forward

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2019
James L.
Finance Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Pluspunten: I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Minpunten: I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Analytics in today's business environment

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Jj W.
Sales Analyst
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Phocas has been good from the start. They are prompt in with a response when you have an issue and will help you get the results you are looking for when utilizing custom searches and in-depth calculations.

Pluspunten: Phocas is incredibly easy to use and helps you dig into an type of business analytics you can think of for your business.

Minpunten: There are not many of CONS that I have with Phocas, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of graphics for dashboards and the ability to truly customize those graphics. Also, the graphics can be a little quirky at times.

Phocas - Exceptional software with amazing support.

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019
Rebecca D.
Marketing Co-ordinator
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Phocas have been an amazing help with streamlining our business processes. Not only is it easy to gain insights into our market, the team at Phocas have made it as quick and easy as possible by setting up automatic synchronisations from our accounting software directly to Phocas so we always have the latest data on hand without any effort at all. A favourite tool for the staff here and can't recommend it enough.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and navigation, ability to customise and a perfect support team!

Minpunten: The functionality is awesome, only think I can think of is to give more options with custom formatting dashboards.

Excellent Business Intelligence

Darren B.
National Sales Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

Pluspunten: The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent.
Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Minpunten: Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don’t do it very often.

A Game Changer!

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2019
Shirley M.
Financial Controller
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pluspunten: the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Minpunten: There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Brilliant way to save precious time

Ian C.
Group Product manager
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We / I monitor and control stock and sales figures for a large multi-site company that is easily done by branch or area and quickly manipulate the figures to show the various results I require in an instant, I would be lost without it.

Pluspunten: I like the instant, fluid information that lets me quickly get the information I want when I want it how I want it, sales me hours a week, what's not to like!

Minpunten: I wish to learn more about it to maximise on its benefits but find it a little expensive to do the course, other than that its brilliant.

Reporting to masses

Martin S.
Bouwmaterialen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

Minpunten: Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

Our experience over 16 years of Phocas usage

Grahame B.
Head of Technical Services
Magazijnen/opslag, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We have been a user of Phocas since 2003 and it has proved to be the single most useful piece of software we have ever used. We have our staff, customers and suppliers accessing the system, it is that good. Our suppliers prefer to use Phocas to their own in house systems and our customers say they have never seen anything as good. Without Phocas we would seriously struggle to know what is going on in our business.

Minpunten: There is nothing we don't really like...

Phocas Easy To Use

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019
Shakti S.
Data Analyst
Bouwmaterialen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Phocas allows the business to have data available on the go. BSS administrates and creates the data tables which allows the business to easily customise new company requirements.

Pluspunten: One Click Functionality. User friendly. The ability to access data wherever you are in the world.

Minpunten: As BSS hold a vast amount of information sometimes we have issues viewing the data. This might be an internal or external network issue.

Phocas Software review

Mark V.
sales manager
Automotive, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

Pluspunten: The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

Minpunten: I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

My experience

Gene P.
Salesman
Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Use it everyday, helps service customers quickly.

Pluspunten: Find out extended history on a customer; get transactional data over any specified time period; review usage by product category, vendor, customer, grade, order type, etc.

Minpunten: Can view on iPad, but not real clean: limiting fields in some of the functions tend to overlap making it impossible to do. Would like to abbreviate column headings, but can’t.

Phocas Software review

Christopher L.
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Sales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability

Pluspunten: Information Availability and speed of access to queries

Minpunten: We cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information

I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!

James L.
Data Manager
Papier- en bosbouwproducten, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.

Minpunten: Minor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them

Phocas BI

Cyndi S.
Pricing Manager
Bouwmaterialen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.

Minpunten: When using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.