Patriot Accounting reviews

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,8 /5

Over Patriot Accounting

Eenvoudig boekhouden voor eigenaren van kleine bedrijven. Betaal een onbeperkt aantal leveranciers, maak facturen. Banktransacties importeren en meer.

Meer informatie over Patriot Accounting

252 reviews worden weergegeven

Debbie F.
Owner, DFA
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2021

"Thank you Patriot Software"

Opmerkingen: I love the name, and love that it can produce my payroll easily. Every interaction with one of your employees has been successful and satisfactory.

Pluspunten: PS easily helps me to accomplish producing my Payroll and tracking the financial history of my employees.
I greatly appreciate that there is always a person to talk with within five minutes of when I called. There is no substitute for that. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful.

Minpunten: Since I am somebody coming not coming from a financial background at all it would’ve been helpful to give me a list of what I needed to do when I first signed up that would walk me through how to accomplish my goals, instead, I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself. It all did turn out fine but it was stressful for me. Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income. I’ve not been able to get assistance figuring out how to do that so I have to do it on a separate ledger myself.

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2021
Nancy C.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers

"accounting"

Opmerkingen: While I like the initial attempt Patriot has with their software and really liked that they even did a zoom call with me a few months back to get my ideas on what I'd like to see, it's still just not as functional as I'm needing for accounting software. I was hoping to stop using my old software just so I could consolidate programs a bit, but the functionality is just not there yet, and my current accounting software has all the features I need (and it's free, so that's a plus.)

Pluspunten: I liked that I could categorize different items and link to both credit cards and bank accounts

Minpunten: I did not like that I could not bulk-categorize transactions, even when they were identical like a recurring charge. I also would like to be able to manage multiple businesses from the same account.

Kent P.
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-1-2021

"Still using Patriot Software after 5+ years"

Opmerkingen: With built-in time card management, I can print payroll in minutes plus free hassle-free direct deposit it just makes it easier to run the company.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, functionality that fits my needs.

Minpunten: Still don't have a mobile app, no big deal.

• Beoordeeld op 11-1-2021
Paulina N.
Medical Technologist
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018

"It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants."

Opmerkingen: What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pluspunten: This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Minpunten: I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

• Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018
Claire R.
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020

"Patriot accounting and payroll software"

Opmerkingen: Overall Patriot has been responsive, easy to use and has saved me time with taxes. I don't think they have as many features developed yet as QuickBooks and that may cause me to switch but I'm happy for now

Pluspunten: Patriot is extremely user friendly for someone who is new to accounting and small business. I've been mostly able to figure it all out by myself, and when I do need help their customer support team is awesome. I love their feature to pay taxes for is and it is well worth the price so I dont have to worry about it.

Minpunten: One thing that I dislike about this software specifically for a painting business is that if I have an employee working interior and exterior hours within the same pay period , there's no way (that I'm aware of) to use a multitude of L&I codes for different hours when I run payroll.

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2020
Melissa S.
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 16-9-2020

"Best payroll and invoicing software!"

Opmerkingen: I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pluspunten: Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Minpunten: I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.

• Beoordeeld op 16-9-2020
Victor E.
Bookkeeper
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-1-2021

"Great!"

Opmerkingen: my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pluspunten: this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Minpunten: there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

• Beoordeeld op 21-1-2021
Kelvin B.
Director Technical Services
Managementconsulting, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

"K. Baker Review for Accounting Software"

Opmerkingen: Great tool for Small Businesses

Pluspunten: Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Minpunten: Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Duane A.
Administrator
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020

"Fair value for benefits and peace of mind"

Opmerkingen: Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pluspunten: Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Minpunten: Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

• Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020
Jonathan R.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020

"Patriot Accounting"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pluspunten: The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Minpunten: As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020
Senior Financial Analyst
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2020

"User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support"

Opmerkingen: In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pluspunten: This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction. At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Minpunten: I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2020
Larry Z.
President-Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021

"Great to Use"

Opmerkingen: We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pluspunten: Ease of getting into program Ease of. getting help Great to work with when calling in

Minpunten: When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

• Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021
Julie Z.
Certified Bookkeeper
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

"User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution"

Opmerkingen: Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pluspunten: Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Minpunten: Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Craig P.
Principal Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-1-2021

"Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done"

Opmerkingen: Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pluspunten: Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Minpunten: Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

• Beoordeeld op 12-1-2021
Lucy G.
Partner
Maatschappelijk werk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-3-2020

"Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input"

Opmerkingen: Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pluspunten: We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Minpunten: Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

• Beoordeeld op 23-3-2020
Scott R.
Managing Member
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021

"Patriot Accounting Software"

Opmerkingen: I like easy access , i have had no real issues and easily used reports to fill out taxes

Pluspunten: mostly use it for Billing and payroll, I love the feature that I can now pay subs through the Payroll tool

Minpunten: adding new accounts is not logical and I have had trouble adding balance sheet account groups

• Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021
Tracy G.
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers

"Good"

Opmerkingen: Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pluspunten: Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Minpunten: I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Brittany M.
MANAGER
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020

"GREAT SOFTWARE"

Opmerkingen: I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

Pluspunten: PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Minpunten: SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Patriot Software op 30-12-2020

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

• Beoordeeld op 22-12-2020
Edward C.
Attorney
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

"Easy to use and responsive customer service"

Opmerkingen: I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pluspunten: This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Minpunten: There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

Darrell W.
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-9-2020

"Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss"

Opmerkingen: It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pluspunten: The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Minpunten: Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Jennifer H.
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2021

"I am blown away"

Opmerkingen: five star excellent experience

Pluspunten: the software is very user friendly. even a novice can navigate the system. twice I have needed assistance on a more advanced accounting question and the support email system was fast, efficient, clear and gave me exactly what I needed to know!

Minpunten: nothing. I love it all and have zero complaints.

• Beoordeeld op 8-7-2021
Larry N.
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

"Honesty"

Opmerkingen: Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pluspunten: Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Minpunten: Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Kim S.
Business Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021

"Patriot Software"

Opmerkingen: I have lots of questions on bank reconciliation. The customer service help I received on my various questions was excellent. Everyone is so knowledgeable and very pleasant.

Pluspunten: Customer service is top notch. When ever I have a question, it is answered either by chat, phone call or searching through the system. Very user friendly.

Minpunten: I don't like the preset invoice number when creating an invoice. I would like that to be blank. I have my own invoice number to enter, so I need to delete the preset before entering my own.

• Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021
Jeff C.
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-9-2020

"Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done"

Opmerkingen: Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pluspunten: We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Minpunten: It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

Brittany N.
Strategic Account Specialist
Overheidsadministratie, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-2-2021

"My experience with Patriot Accounting"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pluspunten: The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Minpunten: I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

• Beoordeeld op 15-2-2021