NCR Silver

Veeka T.
office manager
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Pluspunten: We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Minpunten: We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2018
Gil B.
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.

Pluspunten: POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Minpunten: This is a multi-use system. As a restaurant, we had to get used to some features that are more for general retail, although it does contain things like table assignment and so forth.

Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Lynn R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.

Pluspunten: I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Minpunten: In the last year or two they switched the call center to India. Since I have been using NCRSilver since 2015 I can solve most of my own questions, but when something comes up and I have to call in it is not a simple question anymore, and the employees that are now contracted to solve these issues know less about the system then I do. They seem to be reading from a script. While they are very nice it is frustrating because they cannot answer the question and it has to be put in queue and they have to get back to me. Seems like when that happens the person getting back to me just tells me what I already know. It's useless. I am going to be looking for a new software for my POS system.

More than a cash register!

Chris B.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business.

Pluspunten: The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Minpunten: I'd like to be able to add devices without additional fees. I guess I don't understand why having a second device changes anything with regard to the costs incurred. I had a copy of the app on my phone purely as a backup in case something happened to my tablet but realized it was costing me every month for something that I wasn't using.
When wifi is having problems, I wish there would be a way to cache those transactions offline for processing when wifi is connected again. As it stands, I end up using the old carbon copy forms to take and impression and running the transaction later.

Limitations in reporting and discounts

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2018
Andrea E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Pluspunten: I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Minpunten: There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period.
With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Satisfied

Jessica M.
Cafe Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, I feel like you get a lot for your money and the ease of training new staff on the POS is greatly appreciated. The back office reports are great and help me keep track of sales and trends.

Pluspunten: I like that it's super easy to train new hires on the POS and as I a manager I love that I can access so much information in the back office so long as I have access to a computer/laptop.

Minpunten: There are just a few things that I wish we could change, but a lot of the software updates eventually address a lot of them. Like any software out there, there are glitches that happen but they're minor so it's not a deal breaker. Customer service is a hit or miss. Most times friendly, but a lot of times it just gets sent to a different department because they can't figure it out, which takes time and follow ups.

Great user friendly software

Todd D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall NCR has been great for our business. As I mentioned above there are just a few things I wish could be added and or corrected.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Programming is simple with back office. POS is very user friendly.

Minpunten: Certain features need to be added to accommodate other businesses like salons. Tip feature needs to allow you to code the tip to specific employees for one example.
Needs feature to not allow cashiers to look in recall history at other employees tips. This has been an issue for us.
Would be nice if under customer info you can add multiple contact numbers like cell and home.
We are in the pet industry and it would also be nice to have a customizable customer tab, so we can add pet name and breed or pets DOB etc. under customer tab.
Certain glitches I reported keep repeating. Tech support needs better resolution and faster respond time.

Great product Horrible customer sevice

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018
Terri B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE! Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!

Pluspunten: It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Minpunten: Customer service is horrible. You cant get help and support knows very litle about the product it is like they have never even touch it and are just reading out of a manual

NCR

Kathy C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The system and software itself is good. It does what I need it to do and it does it efficiently and easily. Their customer service, however, is not always so good.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use for both employer (inputting information, printing reports, etc.) and employee (operating daily transactions).

Minpunten: The system only keeps transaction data for 13 months. While it is easy to understand that not keeping a lot of information will help the system run more efficiently, there are times when it would be an asset to be able to pull a customer's previous sale no matter how long ago it was.

NCR Silver with Scale Use

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2018
Jara P.
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overally experience has improved once we got the right equipment for our store. I can always reach a customer service rep when needed. I think that the price for the equipment and monthly service is fair.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use the menu at the POS. The back office is very user friendly as well and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.

Minpunten: The problems we have had with this software are mostly with the scale integration. The software does not fully support all the scale features we would like so we have had to work around those things. We had issues with the small scale and NCR Silver Quick Service. However, once we switched to NCR Silver Restaurant Pro and the GRS-60 scale we have had much more success.

No Inventory Functionality

Aaron A.
Business Operations Manager
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: POS, tracking of sales, cash reconciliation, and time clock. Would love an inventory feature for retailers.

Pluspunten: Transactions, and reporting, are very easy to use. Reporting is excellent.

Minpunten: There is zero inventory functionality. You can add inventory, but as a retailer I need to be able to track my inventory to monitor when, and what, I need to order. Silver does not offer such a feature. This is a common complaint amongst other retailers that use Silver that I frequent with my personal business.

NCR Silver is Awesome!

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
Theresa W.
Store Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Minpunten: I wish the software had more options for management on the POS screen versus always having to go to the back office part.

NCR Silver for Jack and Sons Barber Shop

Neryk Z.
Owner/ barber
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Not bad. Would love to have someone come out and fix the issues we are having.

Pluspunten: Pretty easy to use and great back office helps keep up with inventory and sales.

Minpunten: System crashes sometimes and usually when we are busy so we have to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves and sometimes call customer service but hold for long time before ever getting help.. still have issues that need to be corrected with Quantum unit.

Bent Wrench Roadhouse Review

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018
Shamus G.
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It used to be awesome, but we are experiencing lots of errors with our credit card processing lately. After contacting customer service, we have received ZERO follow ups.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. It is fairly easy to navigate through all of the back office items.

Minpunten: Inability to delete a variation after you have added it to an item. This is only a problem when you are trying to delete the only remaining variation from an item.

Unresolved issues and expensive

Kristi E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is handy with reachingnour customers and very user friendly for our staff. We have a really hard time with our retail product growing and needing a barcode scanner but we don’t want to pay NCR more money when we have other issues with them that are not being resolved. It is also expensive. Some other businesses like ours use square and have no issues and have no monthly cost for the service, just merchant fees, which we also have in addition to our fees with NCR.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use. Easy to retain customer contact info.

Minpunten: We’ve had quite a few unresolved and recurring issues with our credit card processing.

NCR Fan

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
Jonna R.
General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of this software is great. You get a concierge to help you get started and then 24/7 customer service to answer any questions. The software is user friendly and simple to train new staff members.

Minpunten: The back office takes awhile to update sales information. I can run a sale and it will take several minutes for the back office to show the sale.

Reports

Roger K.
General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Straight forward use. Reliable log in...

Minpunten: We still have difficult time changing prices, etc in bulk. Since it takes too long to reflash when changing prices individually, we would've like to have the excel upload changes.. I know the feature is there but it seems like it only works some times.... Need better more detailed sales/inventory-performance reports.

NCR Silver is here to stay

Matt D.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We love it. Irreplaceable to our business.

Pluspunten: We love the reporting features and the robust nature of the Application. The setup is super easy and we loved how soon all the wait staff learnt the new system

Minpunten: Working with Tier 1 support after hours can be challenging. Being in cloud technology the glitches that occur are not always easily resolved by support staff.

NCR Silver Review

Nick A.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We had a terrible experience setting up the system. It’s over the phone instead of having someone come out to use to help set it up. Since we’ve had it up and running I have been pleased with what the system can do

Pluspunten: It’s very user friendly, iPads are portable, easy to categorize items, ease of customer payment.

Minpunten: Customer database. It isn’t easy to send emails to customers with the marketing tool. There is no course break. When I enter multiple courses the system does not have a button for a line break. For example if there is a soup on course one and a soup for course two the soups show up as two soups for the same course. Sometimes the system has a delay with payment and when the ticket is entered.

Over Promise and under deliver

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2018
Alfred G.
Entertainment, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Concierge service is highly touted but the Implementation process is poorly planned and communicated to the merchant. So it is a high risk process that demand a lot from the merchant to implement successfully. Having an experienced re-seller to support the delivery, set up and go live is critical.
Even after raising the

Pluspunten: Good Basic dashboards and reports
Remote Access to data and menus is a great feature
Ability to download POS transactions to Excel is great for analysis (some fields missing from downloads)

Minpunten: Non- EMV compliant CC processing
Does not Calculate Overtime
non existent transaction audit tools to trace when items were rung up or voided to help prevent fraudulent voids.
Does not have any inventory control capability to track usage and on hand
Limited Reporting capability, no add-hock reporting An Excel savvy person can make good use of downloads and Power Pivot to do own analysis and reports
Re sellers over sell POS system with out the proper disclosure of Functionality, Pricing, Required specifications or implementation and after sales support.

Works well for most needs

Kirby P.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software is fairly easy to setup. It uses iPads so you are not locked in to proprietary and expensive point of sale terminals.

Minpunten: The reporting and export functions leave a lot to be desired. All the basics are there, but there is no mid to advanced report sorting, filtering, custom querying, etc.

iPad POS that includes marketing tools!

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2019
Director of Marketing & Events
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Having email templates included was huge for us. Customer data integrates with emails, allowing us to segment our customers and send personalized deals.

Minpunten: Email templates are not as attractive as something like MailChimp, so a working knowledge of html coding can help make them more appealing

Software review

Josh F.
Owner/operator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There are improvements every year, but there are still issues that need to be resolved.

Pluspunten: 24/7 support. Email, text, online chat assistance.

Minpunten: The tech support is often incompetent and sometimes rude. Recently, It took 45 minutes for someone to tell me that the bar code at the bottom of the receipt cannot be removed.

The Best PoS System!

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
Nicholas M.
general manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very smooth app! The POS system is amazing. Wish it was easiest to contact support!

Pluspunten: Its very easy to add and change menu items in seconds. Easy to fix hours for people who forget to clock-out. Easy to watch labor and look at sales!

Minpunten: It freezes sometimes! Don't like the fact the new chip readers are involved!

Mostly positive

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2018
Robert P.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been good. They have great support

Pluspunten: I like the ease of use and the different reports offered. They also have a lot of tools that come with the software, from POS to customer loyalty.

Minpunten: I don't like how the price seems to go up. The main reason I chose NCR was their pricing.