Over Calamari

Calamari is geïntegreerd met Slack, JIRA, G Suite en Office365. Volg je HR-dossiers, vakantie, vrije tijd, aanwezigheid en beheer de urenstaten.

Meer informatie over Calamari

Ease of use and user friendliness. The color and overall look and feel.

I would say that the price is our worst handicap.

Beoordelingen van Calamari

4,9
Waar voor je geld

Calamari heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 472 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Calamari eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (472)

Kamil
Kamil
CEO & Founder in Polen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great value for money, solid software

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I love it, easy to use, great value for money, awesome

I like everything - it's easy to use, works as intended

I have nothing negative to say about Calamari

Overwogen alternatieven: Google Sheets en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Great support, great value for money, no brainer purchase

8 maanden geleden

Thank you for a great review! We're glad Calamari suits your needs and we hope you will love our new features!

Parker
VP, People, Mission & Culture in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Leave Tracking Platform That Checks All of the Boxes

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Calamari is an outstanding tool for leave tracking. In the 2+ years our company has used Calamari, we have heard nothing but positive feedback from employees and managers. The approval flow and seamless integration with Slack have significantly reduced the approval time for requests. Calendar and notification functionality keeps stakeholders informed of employee availability. Complex accrual rules are easy to configure and the Calamari customer service team is always at the ready to assist when needed. It's a top not platform that gets the exact job done that we need. I recently provided feedback that we hoped the reporting tool could include archived employees so we export historical data on time off trends. Calamari took this feedback and was able to implement a new solution that recently went live. I appreciate them listening to us and building a solution!

The .csv importer can be a little finicky. Rarely am I able to complete an upload task without needing support from the Calamari team. The good news, however, is that they are immediately responsive and help me troubleshoot the error. If this could be resolved it would help me rely less on their customer support team, but it's a minor annoyance.

Overwogen alternatieven: PurelyHR

Redenen om voor Calamari te kiezen: We pivoted to a new time tracking software that did not include any leave tracking capabilities so needed to find an alternative solution.

Overgestapt van: NetSuite OpenAir

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Calamari was the only platform we found that only provided leave management. Every other alternative came with so many other bells and whistles that we didn't need. The simplicity of Calamari was one of the deciding factors in its favor.

Alpha
Superviseur de services in Guinee
Alternatieve geschillenbeslechting, 2-10 werknemers

Calamari

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Good software, I highly recommend it, these features are great.

You need to add more features and that would be great.

Rob
Owner in VK
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Decent value for money timekeeping app

3,0 5 maanden geleden

Monthly subscription cost and easy to use.

such a bland and unhelpful interface. no Auto clock in / clock out

Overwogen alternatieven: ClockShark

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Cost

4 maanden geleden

Thank you for your review. The auto clock in/out feature is an excellent idea. Let me pass it on to our team. We always listen to our clients' needs and are open to improvements you need the most.

Majda
People and Culture Manager in Bosnië en Herzegovina

The best support

5,0 2 maanden geleden

The software is easy to use, and they have the best support ever. Also, great integration with other apps, Google Calendar

I did not find anything that was unpleasing.

Sandra
Studio Manager in Polen
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Perfect and easy to use tool

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm using Calamari since 4 years (in my previous jobs and current company). I didn't have any problems or troubles while using it. Calamari helps are improved our workflow, especially with the calendar which we can see easily how many people will be absent in the next days. Also, I feel we can care a little bit of environment by using on-line tool and not to print any leave request etc. That's also important for us to using the tool which doesn't impact negative on our planet.

- Calamari is really easy to use, even if employee didn't use similiar tools before, - It's easy to integrate - Working very good, it's clear and intuitive - The support helps me with setting-up everything, they care about users, - The app is also easy to use.

I don't see any cons, I'm using Calamari since 4 years and that's why I've chosen Calamari to use again in my current company.

Overwogen alternatieven: Timesheets.com

Redenen om voor Calamari te kiezen: In overvall, my experience with Calamari was better - it's easier to use and more perspicuous than Timesheets.

Overgestapt van: Timesheets.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: In overvall, my experience with Calamari was better - it's easier to use and more perspicuous than Timesheets. The second reasons is easy to integrate, to add new people and also it's available in Polish language.

alexis
Project Manager in Duitsland
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Simple, Easy, fast and cheap

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Simple and easy way to track daily time for each employee without the need to track time based on projects (micro-management). It took less than 48 hours to install set up all the structure. The overview for the holiday and PTO is also perfect and helps a lot everyone to schedule is time-off/holiday.

You need to understand the way that the platform is working to use it at his full potential. Missing a connexion with the Calamari Agenda and our Mac Agenda. So far, we need to update manually our booking calendar and the Calamari calendar.

7 maanden geleden

Thank you for your review. We're glad Calamari meets your expectations. For better calendar synchronization, please contact our Customer Success team. They will help you find the best way to set things up.

Agnieszka
Admin & Operations Manager in Polen
Biotechnologie, 11-50 werknemers

Seen from the admin's perspective

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I like the fact that I have all tracked time in one place, rather than a multitude of excel files

Quite easy to start tracking time, various options for accepting changes, custom types of absence

The reports that Calamari generates do not meet my expectations, I can't see tasks descriptions - to see descriptions I need to generate to deffirent types of reports. Calamari adds up the working time added as 'normal' and the working time 'in project', so that instead of, for example, 8h of work in total, including 5h in project, it comes out that someone worked 13h that day. Moving the month view with a bar is annoying

Overwogen alternatieven: Harvest

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Our account was migrated from our startup studio

4 maanden geleden

Hello, Thank you for your review. I passed your review to our team, so we can discuss improving our app to prevent this kind of problem. In the meantime, you can contact our Customer Success team here: https://calamari.io/contact They will help you set the app in the best way possible.

President in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Simple and easy to setup

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Love it. Great value for a small company like mine.

We have been struggling with tracking PTO in our payroll service. It was NEVER right because staff had to send messages with leave requests that would eventually get lost. THis was an easy solution that integrated perfectly with Slack so that employee can request time off and their boss can quickly approve or disprove. Time comes right off of their balances that are set. We used annual cycle, but lots of options companies can choose from.

No cons yet. I remember i had one issue and a suggestion( cant recall what that was though) . Anyway , sent a message to support team and they got right back to me.

9 maanden geleden

Thank you for a great review. We're glad that Calamari suits your needs. Our Slack integration is strongly developed so if you want to be up to date about new features, please follow our What's New page: https://calamari.io/whats-new If you like Slack integration, you may also be interested in our other integrations with Jira or Google Workspace. Check our page and find out all integrations.

Emma
Governance in VK

Great HR tool

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great onboarding great customer success. Agnieszka has been amazing

Integration with Slack has been very useful

Adding a new employee does not work well

Lauren
Business Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Good but Not Great

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We moved from paper forms to online. Calamari has a nice visual to it, and seemed to me to be intuitive to use. Set up was mediocre; I think it could be easier but also in testing other products, it's not the worst. We chose to use just the time off portion and not the clock in/out option. This does mean, however, that the time accrued for PTO is not accurate, and while I have told my staff that the accurate accounting is on each paystub, they are frustrated by that.
Additionally, while I feel the system is really self-explanatory, people seem to have trouble with requesting partial days, changing the type of PTO requested (vacation, sick, etc), and requesting multiple days at once.
The customer service is good; they are happy to answer questions you may have.
I decided to look into their clock in/clock out option, to streamline three products that we use, but I did not like the options of a mobile app, web app, or beacons. I didn't like that the beacons did not take into account lunch breaks. I could set a lunch break for everyone, but then if they took 45 minutes instead of an hour, or 1hr5min, it doesn't take that into account.

I wanted a product that fit in our budget, that could keep track of time off requests online. I was tired of paper floating everywhere! Calamari fit that bill.

There is no way to edit your time off request. If you make a mistake, the entire request has to be deleted, then the manager has to approve the cancellation, then you can resubmit the request. It's a lot of steps.

Overwogen alternatieven: uAttend, QuickBooks Time, BambooHR en Clockify

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Cost

Heidi
HR Manager in VS
Machinebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Easy to Use Attendance tracking, Calendar, Clock out

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Good support, easy to use.

Calamari's calendar is a great way to see who is in the office, traveling or on vacation. We also use it to track who is reserving conference rooms and company vehicles.

Creating reports to track people's absences is a nice feature but it is not as robust as it could be. We like to track when salespeople are visiting customers and we have to put the customer name in the "reasons" box when it would be nice if it could be a dropdown of our customer list.

Overwogen alternatieven: ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om voor Calamari te kiezen: Easier to track and automate requests off and have the visible to everyone.

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Cheaper, easier, more transparent

vorig jaar

Hello! Thank you for a great review. Great idea to use Calamari to track room and vehicles availability. Nice one! We share our API documentation to help companies create the integrations suited just for their needs. If you want to talk about this possibility some more, please contact us via: https://calamari.io/contact

Elia
IT Leader in Nicaragua
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Calamari Review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I don't have a lot of time using it, but I do like the interface, it is really user friendly and intuitive. You can easily find the options you need and it allows you to update almost anything. Besides, the integration with Slack makes it really easy for the end users, they just need to add the Calamari bot and they will see the options to punch in, punch out or mark their breaks or lunches. The tool is really cool.

I truly like that this tool is really complete. It has almost everything you can think of regarding the employees schedules, if you need the users to punch from different locations or to punch from different means like mobile phone or web browser, this tool has it all, it even has the option to print QR codes, you can print the code and place them strategically on your office so the employees can go and scan the code to punch. I also like that it has integration with G Suite and Slack, you can use these tools to import your employees, which makes it really easy to start.

The only thing that I don't like is that you need to enter the work days of the employees, you need to specify the time the employees work a day, but if you work in a company where the schedules are updated a lot, this part might be a little cumbersome. Apart from that, all good, the tool has it basically all you need for maintaining your employees schedules.

Jay
HR Manager in El Salvador
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent HR Management tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: On the few occasions that we have required support or assistance they have been extremely attentive both through the live chat feature and over emails. We've received 5 star service at every turn. Our thanks go to their team for being so responsive.

We use Calamari for a range of HR activities. The most useful features that we use on a daily basis include: 1. Absence Requests: Employees are able to request paid time off / vacations / unpaid leave etc in a formal and structured manner. The approval process is easy to calibrate and set up for managers. Provides an easy process where documentation can be added to support requests (such as medical leave notes). 2. Calendar feature: When payroll exceptions need to be considered, the calendar feature is an easy way to make any adjustments that need to be made. It also enables you to plan for staggering of vacations for employees inside the same department. 3. Employees: Easy to create a database of all employees where information from starting dates, salary etc. can be recorded and quickly accessed. 4. Reports: Functional and and easy to prepare using this feature.

As far as the requirements of our business go, Calamari offers all the necessary features (and additional ones) that we need. We have no complaints regarding the software that have come up in the time we have been using it.

Architekt rozwiza IT - Departament Rozwoju Infrastruktury in Polen

absence management and clock in/clock out were never so easy

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Super easy leave management and clock in/clock out (using beacon).

It's a new way of absence & leave management. You can plan and track all types of vacation, paid time off, sickness and you can do it without old, annoying paper forms. You'r always few mouse clicks from your dreamed vacations ;) Another wery importand feature is clock in/clock out - it's super easy to use especially with bluetooth beacons support. Place a token in your office reception and install/configure calamari app on our phone. That's all! You can forget about clockin in/out ever again. It will by done automaticaly when you enter/leave your offiice. If you don't want to use beacons or when you'r work from home you can still clock in/out "manual" from mobile app. It's worth to mention that calamari has super helpfull customer service.

Beacon support for Android phone still need some fine-tunning compareing to iOS version. Except that - it's just perfect!

Saul
System Architect in Spanje
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Good software but expensive for us

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is an excellent software that does what it says. For us and for every company that does not have budget for many SaaS, the price is too expensive. As responsible for the IT internal services, we probably will change the software in the next year for a cheaper one because we are an ONG Foundation and we cannot afford it. For the rest of SaaS we use to have specific budget agreements for non-profit or educational institutions.

usability the software is mature enough

I would say that the price is our worst handicap By other hands, I would like to have more functionalities like HR (contacts, payrolls, etc) management.

Overwogen alternatieven: absence.io, Replicon, OrangeHRM en Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Calamari: Easy of use, sync with G Suite, check-in.

Natalie
Managing Director in Mexico
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Lightweight and easy to deploy

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It has saved me and my team a lot of time and confusion! This is the best solution by far that we have found.

It was simple to on-board the team to this software and it has been smooth to operate since.

The UI is difficult to navigate at times and there were several issues in our initial set-up.

vorig jaar

Hello! Thank you for your opinion! In near future, we're planning to introduce some visual changes to the app and we hope they will make the user experience better. In case of any issues connected to the set-up, please contact our Customer Success team which will help you prepare your Calamari account according to your needs. You can write to us using this link: https://calamari.io/contact

Arkadiusz
VP of Engineering in Polen
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

The best tool for the absence management

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Thanks to Calamari, managing absences and holidays of all the employees in two offices, in two different countries is now fairly simple and efficient. Each office may have its own rules and holidays and yet, thanks to the shared calendar and employee catalogue, we have a full transparency of whom, when and why has a day off.

- Simple and yet powerful management of absences (approving holidays through Slack is such a time saver) - Extended setup possibilities for the absence types (accrual rules) - Possibility of configuring everything, including holidays calendars, types of absences, contracts and approval processes - Slack and google calendar integrations - Great customer care and fast feedback, our issues with Slack integration were solved pretty fast

- The look and feel of the web app is a bit outdated (but it's simple and clean which is good) - UX is a bit clunky from time to time (especially when you have multiple accrual rules to work with under one absence type)

Uros
CEO in België
Internationale handel en ontwikkeling, 11-50 werknemers

Brief after 6 months of use

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not that good, but not bad.....I see it as product which is developing, so will wait to see till end of the year are there any improvements.

Useful product with lot of integrations and useful features. Simple and clean without crowded features icons etc.

USABILITY! As a person who use various web applications on daily basis for decades, I find not that intuitive position of some buttons and especially on large screens my "pointer travel time" to reach click button is long. Also, just by adding some minor improvements usability can be better. Proposals: - implement possibility that user choose font (or change font, it might be personal taste, but existing one is so 2010) - number of records per one listing / page. I am currently running small company ~20users and I frequently need to change pages to load more results for list of employees lets say. maybe somewhere in settings you can allow admin to select number or rows per page. - maybe replace tabbed navigation with accordeon, sometimes is useful to see multiple values from different tabs selected and at the end - creating accrual rules its complete nightmare, your support team (kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) saved you for leaving this product. He really set up everything for me.....but.....user should be able to do it by himself, right? so...very very hard to set it up

Alannah
Alannah
HR Manager in VK
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Easiest Software to use

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I do enjoy using Calamari. It is easy to learn how to navigate around the system and all employees know how to use it with ease. It is very self explanatory, pleasant layout and I can adjust employees holiday settings or absence requests very quickly. Support is excellent and always available for me to contact him. I like the calendar which gives a simple but quick overview of my company whereabouts. It doesn't take much admin time to set up a new employee or archive an employee.

However, Kamil is a great help, very patient when I suddenly get called into a conference meeting and is always willing to support and understand your needs.

The only down side is that it only has holiday and absence on there and nothing else. It would be brilliant if Calamari explored the market and expanded the systems functionalities such as adding a performance management section, recruitment section and incorporated all HR jobs into one system.

Mariana
Director in VK
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing app! Extremely recommend

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Amazing experience. Calamari fits perfectly to what we need.

The system is easy to use and track information. All tools are user friendly and the team also likes to use the clock in / clock-out system.

I would like to integrate Calamari with G suit details. We use G suit for the calendar and would be great to have the birthdays and annual leaves flagged to the Google Calendar

vorig jaar

Hello! Calamari allows the integration with Google Calendar with birthdays and annual leaves. If you couldn't set it as you wish, please contact our Customer Success team here: https://calamari.io/contact or via Intercom's chat available on our page. Our team will help you set things up in the way you need it ;).

Magdalena
HR Manager in Polen
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers

My Friend Calamari

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very nice and easy time tracking in office and on remote.

The name of the product; Client support, tracking of time & absences

Possibility to generate a global, printable plan of weekly/monthly presence in the office or in electronic version which could be showed on a screen. Automatic, proportional calculation of holidays when an Employee is ending the contract in the middle of the year. Option to see if the holiday taken is from current or old stock.

9 maanden geleden

Thank you for your review! Calamari's tentacles are working hard to make the app better and better each day! We will take your suggestions under consideration and if you're interested in the newest changes and features, please follow our What's New page here: https://calamari.io/what-new

Siew Woon
Marketing Coordinator, APAC in Singapore
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Affordable and Easy to Use Leave Management System for Tech Company

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is by far one of the best leave management solution in the market. The subscription plan is transparent and no hidden cost added. We have been using the system for the past 2years and we are happy with the system.

It is easy to use, affordable and allowed customisation that met individual markets policies within the same company.

Not really. Small issue on the Google calendar sync which is negligible.

9 maanden geleden

Thank you for the review! If you experience any kind of trouble with using calendar sync, please contact our Customer Success Team so they can help you. We want our clients to have no trouble at all so everyone - even the smallest - is important to us.

Noah
Operations Manager in VS
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 11-50 werknemers

Extremely useful features at a very low cost

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been an excellent experience. This product has helped us to streamline our time-off requests, manage employee PTO and track attendance much more effectively.

Ease of use, excellent user interface, ability to integrate with Slack.

Missing the ability to generate timecard reports for employees to approve. We currently have to export the data, manually generate a report, and then have employees sign hard-copies. It would be time saving and paper saving to make this process available digitally.

4 maanden geleden

Thank you for your review. In case of any problems or suggestions, please contact our Customer Success team here: https://calamari.io/contact They will do their best to help you!

Jeanette
Accounting and HR manager in Zwitserland
Medische apparatuur, 11-50 werknemers

Calamari

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Overall we are happy with Calamari particularly for the self-speaking functionalities for the users.

For the users the entries are quite tedious when needing to repeat daily schedules for example.

9 maanden geleden

Thank you for your review. We're constantly working on new functionalities that will make Calamari suitable for our clients. If you need a specific function, you can always write to us on our Intercom chat - available on every page in the bubble on the bottom right corner of the screen.