Lightspeed POS reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Lightspeed POS

Cloudgebaseerde software-oplossing voor verkooppunten, kan veilig worden gebruikt op elk apparaat, zowel online als offline. Maakt naadloos verbinding met invoegtoepassingen.

Meer informatie over Lightspeed POS

116 reviews worden weergegeven

Richard M.
Richard M.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-1-2018

"Great Product"

Pluspunten: Being a Hospitality professional for 20 years I have dealt with numerous POS systems. Kounta is relatively straight forward and has the functionality and flexibility to run your business with ease. The support offered by Kounta day and night has been at an exceptional standard. The understanding and support during setup, implementation and to now has been a suprise in this all to modern world. This holistic approach will keep Kounta ahead of the pack for quite some time.

Minpunten: Some of the language with respect to Hospitality is not not necessarily how we refer to how things are done in my experience however it is only a minor issue.

• Beoordeeld op 13-1-2018
Peter M.
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2021

"Fantastic POS"

Pluspunten: Lightspeed is very reliable, easy to program good functionality. In 3 years our POS has not crashed or stalled. Customer support is remarkable. The team is knowledgeable and professional. My questions are answered the same day.

Minpunten: Most of the reporting is very good. I would like more one page style reports, for example all servers that worked yesterday lists total sales, category sales, average check. I can get this information but each server is listed separately so analysis is time consuming.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2021
Jimmy P.
Chef/Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 28-6-2017

"Horrendous POS System."

Opmerkingen: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!! MOVE ON TO THE NEXT!

Pluspunten: Nothing to say here. There is nothing good about this system except for the promptness of my customer service, who usually has bad news. But as I now understand my customer service rep doesn't ACTUALLY work for Kounta, she works for the company that sold it to me. I wish they would have sold me one of their other POS options.

Minpunten: Server level order control is an upgrade, they don't tell you that when purchasing, even though that is one of the most basic things. Check splitting is the most laborious I have ever experienced, if you have a table that needs multiple splits get them a refill of their coffee because it will take a while. No over all system close out, no way to re-open a check. In lieu of that simple option they have a refund button, but, guess what if you had multiple pay types IE Cash and CC that doesn't work, can only refund whole amount to one pay type, which then screws up the server report(one of the biggest reasons to have a POS system) Integrated credit card system has worst customer service ever. If you need to get someone after 9 good luck. Randomly loses checks! Have no idea how that happens but if you are on a check and the system reloads(which it does a lot) bye bye order!

• Beoordeeld op 28-6-2017
Marchelle K.
Administrator
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-7-2021

"Lightspeed is an excellent partner to us"

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed is a true partner with us at Campus Towers. With their programs we have a reliable easy to use program. We are very satisfied with the service provided.

Pluspunten: Lightspeed is so easy to use. The simplicity of the program makes it so efficient for even my newest team members to use. We would be lost without it. The service team is outstanding to work with. The reliability is outstanding.

Minpunten: Actually we are very satisfied with the services that we are receiving from Lightspeed.

• Beoordeeld op 15-7-2021
Shelley B.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021

"Makes Perfect Sense!"

Opmerkingen: We have been using Lightspeed for 2+ years now and absolutely love it! We are able to utilize many of their components to assist us not only in the basics (inventory, sales) but analytics and E-Comm. LS staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and quick to respond to our needs.

Pluspunten: We are able to customize according to our needs. We utilize many of the components and are constantly learning.

Minpunten: Sometimes we have recommendations and submit them.

• Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021
Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-2-2020

"Not worthed as the expensive price"

Opmerkingen: I know amount that i calculate manual in every type of payment are balance or not because kounta showing it amount minus or over, so we can double check before we accept to close cashier or shift.

Pluspunten: Display of the pos is look modern and kounta can create recipen and inventory and back office. Pso system complet with back office.

Minpunten: Actually they have good features in back office for reporting. But not as good as inventory system by itself. First, POS system not completly all transaction is automaticly show in the report when want to do closing cashier (shift), like we need to do manual calculated some other transaction except cash like card and gofood payment as i used to. Because you have to submit all your type of payment on closing time then you will get report that will show your manual calculted are balance or not, split bill need to do by amount not by item, mostly apps that i was using were by item. Second, we need to buy with additional charge to get more features that we can see more details report (like insight and purchase) and that is expensive. If you dont buy, you will not get clear report as you need for analyzing restaurant performance. Third, menu item that you sell and item only you use for recipe are the same product list. Fourth, service charge and tax calculations are confusing to get the right amount. Every report that you want to dowbload as csv as not that correct way as csv.

• Beoordeeld op 28-2-2020
Stuart N.
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

"Industry standard POS software with learning curve"

Opmerkingen: Mostly positive. There is a leaning curve. Gets the job done and is industry standard for bicycles.

Pluspunten: This software is the industry standard in the bike industry. Most common item are in their database and it does everything that it needs to do. There is a learning curve and it is not clear, to me, if cloud backup is available for records. I have read about integration with quick books but have yet to explore this feature.

Minpunten: Searchable help, including FAQ, while using would be helpful. Item names appear partially when searching until you click on them. This makes it hard to differentiate between 2 similar items.

• Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021
Kim H.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-6-2021

"LightSpeed Success"

Opmerkingen: LightSpeed support is superior to all other product support I am getting both from a business standpoint as well as personal. Their response is quick and understandable.

Pluspunten: Easy to use backed up by professional support. Conversion and training was excellent.

Minpunten: Consignment reporting requires a couple extra steps from my previous product.

• Beoordeeld op 24-6-2021
Jason C.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021

"Great POS system for small retailers"

Opmerkingen: I'd recommend Lightspeed to anyone. I've used the cloud-based platform in a baby boutique and a home/gift shop. It's served us well in both settings. All our employees have been able to use the system without difficulty and the analytics have given us an advantage in managing operations.

Pluspunten: Back-end setup is pretty simple and user interface for point of sale is easy and forgiving. Our '72 year old non-computer literate' retail associate was able to master it in no time. Customer support is also top notch.

Minpunten: There are a few small issues - refunds are a multi-step process, and setting up the ecom website didn't feel as intuitive as it could be. (I did talk with customer service about this. They agree the process could be streamlined and are in the process of rolling out a new setup process shortly.)

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2021
  • Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018

"Kounta makes POS easy"

Pluspunten: Kounta is simple to use, and mostly easy to configure. Being in the cloud alleviates the need for backups and facilitates easy changing of products or prices from any device any time.

Minpunten: Some functions are a little quirky. There are also some add-ons that should ideally be part of the core product such as more advanced reporting/analysis. Also creating sandpit copies of the company to test a complete redesign before implementing would be advantageous.

• Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018
Evan J.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2017

"Highly adaptable and intuitive POS"

Opmerkingen: Kounta as a POS system has been able to grow with us, providing flexibility and ease of use that is a massive relief when you have the pressures of an expanding business to contend with. The ability to simply add or subtract registers, combined with the functionality of a internet based system makes change relatively pain free. Wireless waiter stations, Albert pay terminals, Bluetooth printers (which I don't have but am excited about and will probably get), its all so easy to use. Why pay thousands of dollars in cabling, installation costs and labour in setting up your system? Good question - i'm not sure! Just research what you want - call Kounta, put it in and download the software... add your products, tailor it the way you want, and go for it!

Pluspunten: Ease of alteration and basic use for staff

Minpunten: The back end of product input is a little cumbersome - a simply category/sub-category/sub-sub category system works best. Sometimes this is represented by Department/category/sub-category either way, it is far more flexible for product input, button organisation and more granular for reporting.

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2017
Greg K.
Solutions Consultant + Founder
  • Beoordeeld op 26-2-2015

"Kounta review from a "cloud integrator" perspective"

Opmerkingen: I am a cloud integrator and have implemented a number of Xero + POS add-ons. I select Kounta for my customers purely on its hospitality focus and it's table management add-on. I have been really impressed with how it handles the concept of modifiers and how smooth the integration is with Tyro electronic payments. However, I feel that there is a lot of navigating around the 'back office' to get what you need to get done. The CSV data importers are good, but I still found I had to do many repetitive updates manually via the user interface that the importer didn't support. The user interface is a bit big and boxy for my liking but understandably some see this as a benefit if working off a tablet in a cafe most of the time. The client registration process was a bit tedious (maybe at least for us implementers/advisers) but when up and running my customers love the product. The POS register is really powerful and soon after becoming power users the only niggling complaint I get are small enhancements to customisations which are unfortunately locked down in the product anyway. e.g. layouts on receipts, dockets, shortcuts panel, etc. I have also been really impressed with Kounta's email support and communication on release notes. You can really tell they are working hard in making this product better and better. Personally, I would like to see more flexible pricing plans for store owners that have multiple (small-sized) cafes, which will hopefully encourage the greater use of bump screens for the Kitchen/Brewster and mobile registers where waiting staff can take orders + electronic payments at the table. Maybe I am just over the little pad and pencil. In short, I am a big fan of Kounta POS in food & beverage. Totally recommend.

• Beoordeeld op 26-2-2015
Emma I.
  • Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018

"Great system"

Pluspunten: Great easy system to use. Easy to change payment methods and products and downloading and updating on excel also possible. Just starting to sync with Xero so that’s good too. Customer support really has improved massively since we started using it 2 years ago. I would recommend as a good all rounder.

Minpunten: Reporting in close detail has been a tricky one but with Kounta insights it seems to be improving although I think it’s still work in progress.

• Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
Gazebo R.
Digital Marketing Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-2-2017

"Absolutely fantastic product, team, and set up."

Opmerkingen: While originally using a completely outdated and problematic POS system, we were put in touch with the team at Kounta. They were explained as being the most genuine team in the business, but always on hand to help and with a system which really spoke for itself. Not only was the recommendation totally correct, I am now the one spreading the word of just how simple the transition was, and how happy we are with the product. Not only is it a really easy system to set up and organise, especially with the helpful team over at Tech Panty - a shout out to Andy who is such a 'yes-man' and always on the problem solving case - , we were completely changed over on such a tight time limit with absolutely no stress from our end. We've been up and running for a few weeks now, and staff members who were completely dedicated to the old systems are now totally sold on the new system Kounta has provided. It is an easy system to set up, use on a day to day basis and fills all of the reporting tick boxes you can have. The fact that these teams have worked in hospitality really shows through the product; it's set up like it has been trialed for a number of years with all issues that could have arisen already ironed out. 10/10.

Pluspunten: The ease of use, and the simplicity of the screens.

Minpunten: Nothing.

• Beoordeeld op 14-2-2017
Leanne M.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2017

"Kounta for Cafe Use"

Opmerkingen: We have found Kounta to be excellent for our cafe. Staff need no maths skills to operate it easily. the addition of photos makes product selection fast and accurate. The only thing to watch is disgruntled staff that have been removed from rosters........they can sabotage the system by changing or deleting things. My advice, once they have been given notice immediately remove their access to Kounta and give them other duties until their time has been completed.

Pluspunten: Overcomes the issue of staff not being able to read or do any math.
Provides multiple copies of invoices so that service can easily be tracked.
Allows lots of options to modify products which gives each client an individual experience.

Minpunten: Takes ages to set up if you have hundreds of products and options......but it is worth doing.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2017
Andrew M.
General Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 8-6-2017

"It is the only cloud based pos for hospitality I think we could use and run our business"

Opmerkingen: It allows us to easily manage customer transaction and to report on total sales and products in a really efficient way. We've grown in our understanding of our business enormously just reusing kounta

Pluspunten: The sales transaction from start to checkout is great. The printing of customer orders in multiple locations plus the kitchen. Modifier are also the best in the market.

Minpunten: Scales and scanner integration for use with a retail store. Scales can't be and scanner with Windows is clunky

• Beoordeeld op 8-6-2017
Bradie M.
  • Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018

"Awsome POS system! Easy for staff, easy for management. Outstanding customer service!"

Pluspunten: Can manage from anywhere. Easy to update products on prices on the spot. Great reporting and crm. Love that you only have to use functions that you require.

Minpunten: I would like to be able to view only POS from device which is not assigned as register. Also, not sure if already available, but we would like to be able to process gift certificates through the till easily.

• Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Amelia S.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-11-2017

"Great Customer support"

Opmerkingen: Immediate customer support is a huge plus

Pluspunten: Ideal for hospitality..providing hospitality POS solutions that were once considerably more expensive. Understands the Australian market. Great customer support. Was having a problem at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning and got an immediate response from a real human. Big ticks for that!
Easy to update and maintain.

Minpunten: a little bit steep for a new business. But overall a great piece of software..the retail capacity is limited but works well for a cafe with a few retail items.

• Beoordeeld op 17-11-2017
Geoff B.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-4-2017

"Count on Kounta"

Opmerkingen: Kounta is the best point of sale.
I have set up five different POS systems since 2000 and Kounta is by far the best and most flexible.
Our business could not have grown as quickly, successfully or efficiently without it.
Absolutely love the production printing set up. Nothing compares.
Team this with Tyro EFTPOS and it's a total winner for fast bar service.

Pluspunten: Production printing and cloud operation

Minpunten: Needs a cash-out facility

• Beoordeeld op 5-4-2017
Glen P.
Assistant to the Director
  • Beoordeeld op 9-7-2018

"Works well and very simple to use."

Opmerkingen: Ease of use. Good reporting.

Pluspunten: It's ease of use is the most compelling feature. The reports are reasonably comprehensive too. Great for a hospitality start-up.

Minpunten: There are occassional troubles with printing, where the software somehow loses the fixed IP address of a printer. This is usually temporary, however. It's need to be connected to the Internet is also a con. Whilst it works a little offline, it does become unusable quickly.

• Beoordeeld op 9-7-2018
Doris Y.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-8-2018

"Kouta is pretty good"

Opmerkingen: Kouta is a smart point of system sale, Kounta has the most amazing customer services

Pluspunten: Kounta system is very smart and easy to follow.

Minpunten: * It seems a little pricy, we are in NZ and it's in AUS dollars excl GST.
* it needs wifi connections to run all the time. (perhaps it's the trend of our world now :)
One questions in the meanwhile: is there a function to retrieve how many dishes of an item we have sold in a period of time? many thanks!

• Beoordeeld op 19-8-2018
Emma A.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018

"Great product"

Pluspunten: Easy to use
Easy layout to navigate
Colour coafing
Can add photos of products
Lots of addon options

Minpunten: Cost for multiple registers
No learning platform for new staff
Addons can be costly
Account customer function could be better

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2018
Karen D.
Business owner
  • Beoordeeld op 25-2-2017

"We love kounta!"

Opmerkingen: Running a sweet shop can be very busy with lots of products. We love kounta - it works for us and we find the reports and sales by information invaluable!

Pluspunten: It's capacity to review a day's sales or last week/ year!

Minpunten: Stock management
Grouping of goods
No integrated weighing scales!

• Beoordeeld op 25-2-2017
Santie M.
Owner / Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019

"The best customer service and support I have experienced!"

Opmerkingen: I am new to the hospitality industry and there is so much to learn and I need to learn fast. Kounta's excellent customer service and support has helped me tremendously to streamline my sales and to look professional. With so much to learn in the beginning, it was comforting to have a friendly voice always on the other side of the phone to assist me , and all the staff at Kounta have always been very patient with me (when I don't understand). Service like this is rare, and I absolutely appreciate it. I will always be loyal to this Company and will recommend it to everyone. Kounta has a fantastic product and they have the support to match it in order for you to utilize your products to the fullest and get value for your money. Thank you for a great product but even greater customer service and support!

Pluspunten: The support and customer service. It is no use to have an excellent product and the user don't know how to use it. Kounta matches their excellent product with excellent support.

Minpunten: I have not anything negative to say about this product.

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019
Christopher M.
Business Owner
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2018

"Kounta helped solve our need for a simple POS that integrated with CBA's Albert."

Opmerkingen: I am able to better analyse my business performance and make real time decisions.

Pluspunten: It interfaced with our existing Albert and IT setup at the Cafe. Our staff quickly adapted to new methods for operating and recording sales. The interface is reasonably intuitive and the videos help with any learning gaps.

Minpunten: Some of issues that irked me.
1. There is no way to test workflow (options, etc) in a test mode. So you do everything in a live environment (and constantly have to swap to POS and back to test). So you can end up with 'false' sales figures, and incorrectly recorded refunds, or deleted sales. From the back office it would be good to 'test' new products setup before making them active.
2. There is no way to adjust a reconciliation if it is incorrectly entered.
3. The next price points are not attractive for small businesses to step up.

• Beoordeeld op 11-7-2018