Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Rain POS

Voer eenmaal informatie in en je POS-, website- en mobiele site updatet in realtime. Onbeperkte registers, producten en klantenservice.

Meer informatie over Rain POS

Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Beoordelingen van Rain POS

4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Rain POS heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 131 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Rain POS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (131)

Stanley
Stanley
System Administration in Kenia
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Best Cloud Based POS System

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Items category for rental product is a nice addition for POS that is all inclusive with an intuitive dashboard, mobile app and easy integration.

Easy way to add products to both POS and eCommerce simultaneously is one of the best way to both.

The cost of Rain POS is a bit steep for many local businesses and lack huge community base for support.

Tee
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers

Great System for Small Business

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: By going to a cloud based system I am able to keep inventory updated when I am at a trade show or selling product online. The integration with Notions Marketing is a time savor. I no longer have to manually add price, description or photos. Everyone comes over when I place my order with Notions. The ability to download data to excel, make changes then upload it back to Rain is simple and makes mass updates seamless.

As a small business it is difficult to manage technology without an IT Department. I wanted to take my business online and struggled to find a solution that was affordable, easy to use and had good customer support. RAIN not only met my goals but exceeded them. Their customer support is what sets them ahead of their competition.

There are a couple of features I wish they would improve on. The most important to me are Customer Rewards. It doesn't allow online orders to use their rewards and the accrued reward is a dollar amount they can spend when I need it to be a % off.

chris
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

rain over promised under way under deliver

1,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: at first, they are great but once they figure u are too far to turn back they seem to vanish trying to get answers call one day it might be two days later you get a call back no one seems to care how things are going i my self have a issue with my favorites list the acknowledge there is a problem yet to get it fixed 6 weeks latter

local and they sell it like its great when min reality it needs so much work

their customer service sucks and that is putting it nicely

Reactie Rain Retail Software

2 weken geleden

Hi Chris, I am so sorry for your experience. I appreciate your feedback and would love to talk more in detail about what you are experiencing. I am here to listen and to hopefully make changes to what you are experiencing. My email is [email protected]. Once again I hear you and we are so sorry.

Claudia
Owner in Canada

Love Rain POS

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Travis
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent for Music Stores!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

Roger
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Joanie
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers

Yikes so Disappointing

1,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: So poor, I did so much research and I am so disappointed.

I thought Rain had it all, POS, web, work orders. But product is such a disappointment.

The system fails every day. Something stops working every week. Receipts stop printing correctly, barcode doesn’t scan.

Reactie Rain Retail Software

2 weken geleden

Hi Joanie, In reading your review I am so sorry for your experience. I would love to learn more about the specifics and see if there is anything I can do to help. Please send me an email so I can help you and thank you again for your response.

Bonita

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best software for quilting shops.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

Mary Virginia

Love this system!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Lance
Manager in VS

Rain POS

5,0 4 jaar geleden

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Brenda

Building my RAIN site

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really LOVED the RAIN POS system. Unfortunately, my business went thru some major changes in 2019 leading up to 2020, so I had to disengage it from my site. If you are doing enough daily sales in a brick & mortar store, or even in a traveling store situation, it's a GREAT addition to your website. For me cost/value ratio wasn't efffective anymore.

I loved the fact that setting up a whole new website platform was done with another human on the other end of the telephone that actually cared, listened and created a useable website for my customers. Step-by-step instruction helped me, an average end user, be able to manage a highly professional looking website. The integration of product sku codes, inventory, customer tracking, re-order points, everything was top notch and an added value for the cost.

I would like to be able to take custom orders, invoice the customer, and have the customer be able to make payments/purchases with that option. The PayPal platform fills this gap for me, but I would prefer to use the RAIN payment system as it is more cost effective.

Andrea
Sales Associate in VS

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Carolyn
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

very good company to work with

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Stacy
IT Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Don't do it!

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not ready for prime time. Too many unresolved issues. They have a bug reporting system with no follow up? RAIN is also incredibly lacking in support for multi-store operations. I could tell them what, and how to fix, many of the problems, but it seems they don't really want to know. I think they want to sit back and collect processing fees and don't really care about the actual efficiency or user experience of the product. I have 40 years of experience designing and supporting POS systems and databases and other retail software in actual retail environments. No system is perfect for every business, but flexibility and responsiveness is paramount. I asked them to call me me sometime if they'd like some tips from an actual retail professional. I doubt I will hear from them.

Cloud based. No software to support or maintain.

Lack of support and woeful capabilities for multi-store operations.

Ingrid

I love Rain

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Valerie

Great Software and Support

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ecommerce is great! Great Support!

The Software is so easy to use and if you need help the support team is always willing to help.

I would like the software to integrate with Facebook and Instagram.

Allen
Webmaster/Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Henry
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Ok at first, but got worse

2,0 3 jaar geleden

We need the ability to sale fractional quantities of products and Rain allowed that. We liked having multiple users logged in at once. We only have one register, but someone could be logged in making quotes or receiving inventory.

The sending email address for receipts/invoices could not be changed and either went to spam or never arrived at all. They only integrate with one credit card merchant. Sales and profit reports are not calculated correctly. You can run those reports in two areas and the numbers don't match. You can't edit an invoice once it is saved. You can't setup custom payment methods. The cash till is always messing up. You can't setup customer groups for reporting or special pricing. You can't export all of your sales info and notes, so if you decide to move to another POS, you won't be able to have all of your past sales information.

Sondra

We love RAIN POS

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I highly recommend RAIN. Having our inventory on our website has been so helpful and using RAIN has been very easy for my team to learn.

I love that Rain POS integrates with a website! I also love that RAIN continues to listen to suggestions and strives to add new features.

There are some reports that would be helpful.

Sherry

Calico Cupboard

5,0 3 jaar geleden

I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying. We signed up in 2013/14 and have not regretted it for a minute. I love being able to see what inventory we have, what our customers are buying, being to look back and tell a customer what a fabric was that they purchased.

There are always features and issues that could be improved upon but right now I'm happy with what we have.

Karen
Manager in VS
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Top notch POS

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Kathi
Owner in VS

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Peter

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

5,0 6 jaar geleden

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Barbara
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Rain software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Rosanne
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

We are very pleased with the software and support!

Opmerkingen: Good!

Easy to learn, install, and use. Reports are easy to understand. Customer support when you call in is EXCELLENT

There are some things inherent in our business that it does not accommodate AND they have not updated. We've asked for some additional options and they've not happened.