Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business.

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018
Reeze H.
CEO/Designer
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It was easy to use

Pluspunten: It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

Minpunten: I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2018
James D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Pluspunten: This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Minpunten: There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

The POS system that I was looking for.

Jeremy C.
Owner, COO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

Minpunten: There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2018
Andrea E.
Sales Associate
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Minpunten: There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

The future of how small businesses survive

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2018
Miles S.
manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pluspunten: Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating.
Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Minpunten: Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

User friendly POS/Website for a small business.

Todd K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds.
I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task.
Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone.
Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service.
Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Pluspunten: Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Minpunten: Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

Allen B.
Webmaster/Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pluspunten: Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Minpunten: Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business

Miles S.
manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.
Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where. Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pluspunten: integration

Minpunten: still developing some features

Great user friendly POS

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2017
Mark B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want. Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus. Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet. We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pluspunten: Tons of features and easy to use.

Minpunten: To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2017
Daniel P.
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Pluspunten: simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Minpunten: the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2018
Kathi M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pluspunten: I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Minpunten: The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
Peter V.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Minpunten: At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Great POS

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Steven C.
Vice President
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been with Rain POS from the beginning and the improvements have been great. Customer service is very good. Very pleased overall.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use and get employees up to speed quickly. Lots of features to improve sales and inventory control.

Minpunten: All the features can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you start with the basics, its easy to add additional features as you go along.

Getting better all the time

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Nate C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the website/pos integration. Having your inventory line up is priceless. Also, the recent Reverb.com integration is going to be nice. There’s some bugs to work out but it’s getting there.

Minpunten: I understand the developers update/fix issues in order of Priority but it does take a long time to get support tickets cleared up.

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018
Brian M.
Sportartikelen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Minpunten: Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2018
Jana A.
shop owner
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Minpunten: none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

Brought new life to my store!

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018
Nic G.
Musician
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pluspunten: Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Minpunten: The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Sissy H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

Pluspunten: So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

Minpunten: The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Great!

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018
Valerie S.
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Minpunten: It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

RAIN Review

Jonathan S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Generally Positive. Going into a year of use, we are running up against some feature and programming weaknesses, particularly on the accounting side.

Pluspunten: Interface, ease of use

Minpunten: It is not as strong on accounting as I would like. There are errors propagated through voided transactions which inaccurately influence the reports and sometimes even customer balances.

Great seamless system with Web and POS

Beoordeeld op 23-3-2018
Clinton B.
CX

Pluspunten: Customer Tracking
Inventory Tracking
Website Managment
Integration with inventory for POS and Web

Minpunten: Hard to discuss timelines with customers
Not a lot of development time to accommodate every enhancement request

Great Point of Sale Software

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2019
Valerie S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pluspunten: The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Minpunten: Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2019
David B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

Pluspunten: Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

Minpunten: Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Happy, but I need just a bit more

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2018
Shawn Y.
Owner and designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Happy, just keep the costs down. Remember we are not selling iPhones or over-priced clothes. The wholesale cost of fabric is inching up there with shipping.I have to sell a lot of fabric just to cover my costs to you.

Pluspunten: Easy to use for the most part, I can talk to an actual person on the phone and they don't have a made up English name.

Minpunten: I need to put Categories on sale without the whole site on sale or going to each individual item in that category like I have to do now.
I want to upload my own pretty newsletter and not have it get distorted. Using the newsletter feature on the site is boring.

Since the initial set up very good.

Beoordeeld op 1-6-2018
Janice N.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We just finished entering all of our stock so now it should make my life easier, the book work is done, customer base takes care of itself.

Pluspunten: The multiple features from entering a person once. I love how everything meshes with the other parts when it comes to inventory and people. Makes my life so much easier.

Minpunten: I was not really happy with my start up experience, the first person would say to watch this video, watch that video, I'm more of a hands on, show me once and I've got it, kind of person.