Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Filevine

Dossiersmanagement en projectmanagement ontworpen door advocaten. Gebruiksgemak maakt Filevine perfect voor agile bedrijven.

Meer informatie over Filevine

The shipped product is rough, but fully customizable for your work flows. Plan to invest significant time on the front end determining how you want your system to work.

We used to be able to drag the photos from the page they were opened on. Now, we have to hit download and when another screen appears, we can drag the photo from there.

Beoordelingen van Filevine

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Filevine heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 260 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Filevine eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (260)

Abigail
Abigail
Director of Mass Torts in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Best thing to come out of 2020…

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I could not be happier with our experience with Filevine. It has exceeded our expectations and truly helped our firm in the last nine months. We were worried about transitioning with our staff, but the process went very smoothly given that we were working remotely at the time. The customer support that we received during our onboarding and integration could not have been better.

My most loved feature of Filevine is the flexibility to customize it to fit your firm’s needs. It was extremely important to us to pick a case management software that allowed us to customize features based on all Case types that we handle. Filevine was extremely easy to learn and use to fit our firms needs. Additionally, the report writing and Filevine can be used by almost anyone. It is very easy to pull the information that you need in a very short amount of time.

There are a couple of newer features in Filevine that could improve. For example, the calendar section in Filevine is something that we currently do not use because of confusion on its integration with outlook. Additionally, I wish that Enterprise automation was a little easier to use.

Dan
IT Director in Canada
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

New Customers still setting up

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: a growing company for sure and we want to keep working with them and our rep to make this product work for all areas of our firm (the base product is very PI focused)

great rep, [sensitive content hidden] has been crucial to our success with this software and a major part of getting us up and running and continuing on our path

training and implementation has taken quite a long time and we are still working on getting everything setup, this software will give back as much as your firm/lawyers/clerks/staff put into it. departments that put in the effort will get a lot of reward from it.

2 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful and informative review, Dan. We're so grateful for you choosing Filevine and look forward to supporting you and your firm.

katherine
attorney in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Caution! Watch for undisclosed glitches, especially with DocsPlus.

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One of primary reasons we chose this program over others was because the add-ons Docs Plus and Vine Sign would replace Adobe. It was a little more expensive to do this, but the convenience of doing everything within one program and having it automatically save to the client's file seemed to be worth the added expense. However, it has not worked that way and now we are paying for both. Most notably, DocsPlus does not correctly convert Word documents to pdf, the editing feature is lousy, and it bates stamped our documents correctly on some pages, but upside down an in the wrong place on others. I have asked for a refund for this portion of the program because it is useless, but FileVine claims that it is somehow my fault that these features do not work. They have yet to show me what I am supposedly doing wrong. In the last meeting with the account manager, we had to tell him how to open a locked document and which icon to click on for editing. I have demanded arbitration over this issue, but they still have not responded. VineSign is useable, but it does not date/time stamp the signature-it only puts a header on the first page of the document. As a result of these deficiencies, we have to convert and manipulate pdf documents using Adobe, save them into our client files on our server, then move them into FileVine. This has created considerably more work.

It is extremely customizable. There is a suggestion feature for changes to the software.

There are many glitches that were not evident until we started using the program. There is no way to try out the program before purchasing it-you have to rely on the representations made by the sales staff. The only trial offered is for the sales rep to guide you through some of the features for 45 minutes or so. The add-ons for DocsPlus and VineSign are much lower quality than using Adobe. The "deadline chains" cannot be modified in the client's file and you have to turn off automatic calendaring for many events because you cannot add a time for the event. The calendar syncs with Google, but we do not get the calendar notifications that we get if the event is calendared on Google itself. But if you do that, it does not show up in the client's file. There is no way to set up automatic reminders that take include both calendar days and court days-it counts only one or the other. We often have deadlines that are based on calendar days, but are extended by a certain number of court days due to the manner of service of the initiating document. There is no way to assign work that is not associated with a specific project. There is no way to have interoffice communications about phone calls, messages, etc. unless it is set up as a "task" and associated with a specific project. So phone messages that are not specifically related to a particular existing client still have to be handled manually.

Tiina
Legal Assistant in VS

Love Filevine!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

The ease of use, the ability to text clients and receive responses, the document sharing ability. Being able to put emails in the project with the project email address. Being able to use the product anywhere I have an internet connection and it being fully functional.

Doc merge is not very intuitive. When things stop working, it takes a while sometimes for it to be fixed. Still waiting for the ability to save received emails to the project by searching.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Tiina! We're thrilled to hear that you've found the platform to be easy to use, accessible, and beneficial for your client communication and document sharing needs. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Daniel
Records Supervisor in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Filevine has optimal case management and document storage

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Filevine is fast and reliable, and flexible enough to organize non-case projects and committee processes.

Filevine is easy to use, continually adds any tools needed, and I've never encountered any problems retrieving case documents or managing case organization.

I didn't encounter anything that caused any problems, so no complaints.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Daniel! We're so glad that you have found Filevine to be easy to use, reliable and flexible, especially compared to previous software. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm moving forward!

Douglas
Juridische dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

life saver

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have really enjoyed using Filevine. We previously used Clio and Netdocs. Filevine runs circles around them.

Filevine greatly improves my teams productivity and ability to serve our clients.

A product is only as good as you are willing to learn and utilize it as a team.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Douglas. We're so glad to read that you've enjoyed Filevine and found it to enhance your team's productivity and client support! We look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Lee

Big Fan of Filevine

5,0 3 maanden geleden

The case-specific email tracking link is a lifesaver.

The report building is challenging and has prevented me from using it to its fullest potential.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Lee. We're thrilled that you chose Filevine and find its features to be cutting-edge. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to grow alongside you and your firm.

Daiane
Paralegal in Brazilië
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

FV is a good tool for organizing files and case management

5,0 3 maanden geleden

It Can be customized as needed, we can organize the files and documents and it's easy to use.

It does not organize a chronological line of facts, sometimes we have to look for information

3 weken geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review and making the transition from PracticePanther, Daiane!

Laura
Shareholder in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Practicing Law for 24 Years, but 1st Time with Filevine, & I Love It!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Filevine. As the title of my review says, I have been practicing law for 24 year and have used MANY types of document and case management software. Filevine is by far the easiest and most user friendly.

Extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, easy to search

Just the fact that I do not believe I have been taught all that I can do with it. I had trouble figuring out how to save and replace documents, but I now know.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Laura! We are thrilled to hear that you love Filevine and find it to be user-friendly compared to the other case and document management software you've used. Thank you so much again.

Jennifer
Intake Specialist in VS

Easier to use than Ad*****

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I am excited to use Filevine. Happy to have made the upgrade from outdated technology.

Flows more easily. Nothing is too hard to find.

With daily use, Filevine is easy to use, NO cons.

2 maanden geleden

Hi Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're thrilled to hear that you've benefited from the upgrade and have found the platform to be easy to use!

EOWYN
ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR in VS

SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ALTHOUGH THEY ARE VERY NICE, THEY DO NOT NEARLY HAVE ENOUGH STAFF. THEY ESPECIALLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF. IMPLEMENTATION WAS A STRUGGLE AND I HESITATE TO ASK FOR ANYTHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS. HOWEVER THE PROGRAM ITSELF HAS BEEN GREAT NOW THAT IT IS IMPLEMENTED (IT TOOK OVER 9 MONTHS FOR US TO GET UP AND RUNNING AND COST A LOT IN ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE AND OVERTIME FOR OUR STAFF).

CUSTOMIZATION (A BIG ONE), REPORTING, EASE OF TRAINING/LEARNING FOR STAFF, KIND CUSTOMER SERVICE, SYNCING WITH OUTLOOK, DOCUMENT DRAFTING AND ORGANIZATION, STAFF PRODUCTIVITY MONITORING, DOCUMENT MERGING AND EASE OF CREATION OF TEMPLATES (ALTHOUGH MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT FULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE THEM OVER AND OVER).

CERTAIN THINGS DON'T MAKE SENSE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED. EX. NO SPOT FOR SUBRO LIENS IN THE DRAFT CLOSING TAB, SORTING OF REMINDERS IS OLDEST TO NEWEST AND YOU CANNOT FILTER FOR OPEN REMINDERS (SO YOU HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER ON AN OLDER CASE TO GET TO THE OPEN REMINDERS), CAN ONLY ASSIGN ONE COST/TRUST ACCOUNT PER ORGANIZATION FOR SYNCING WITH QB (EVEN THOUGH IRS REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT FOR COSTS AND THE BAR REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT FOR TRUST). DO NOT SWITCH TO QB ONLINE SOLELY TO SYNC WITH FV. NOT WORTH IT AND YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK. CHOOSE YOUR INTERNAL IMPLEMENTATION PERSON CAREFULLY. NEEDS TO BE SOMEONE THAT IS TECH SAVVY, FAMILIAR WITH YOUR PRACTICE AND HAS THE TIME TO DEDICATE 3 MONTHS MINIMUM TO ONLY THAT. GET THAT PERSON A TEMP ASSISTANT FOR 3 MONTHS. THEY'LL NEED IT. BECAUSE OF THE CUSTOMIZATION, THEY REALLY DO NOT LEAD YOU THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION. YOU DRIVE THAT TRAIN AND YOU ARE THE PROJECT MANAGER. DO NOT RELY ON THEM TO GUIDE YOU.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Eowyn, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that implementation was a difficult process for your firm. We hope to continue making improvements to our implementation process so that things are smoother in the future, but we're glad to see that you're getting value now that everything is set up. We read through the issues you reported and spoke with our team. Your Customer Success Manager and our Head of Support said they had a few ideas in mind to could help. Our Director of Solutions Engineering also mentioned they'd be happy to take a look to find ways we can improve the setup or workflow. Let us know if you're interested in hopping on a call. Thanks again for being an awesome customer. We hope that we can continue to make Filevine even better for your team.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Love the document handling but we are having to move on due to a host of other issues/

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We had high hopes for FileVine but we are having to move on due to the multitude of issues identified already. Also, Zapier integration is so basic we can't even really create any workarounds.

The document handling is amazing - this is why we purchased this solution.

First and foremost, good luck getting anything done with their team. I don't know if they are understaffed or just don't care but as other reviewers have noted, the customer service is terrible. We have billing issues that no one will resolve. We signed up for an automation service (add-on) and it's been over a month and not only have they not started the project, they haven't even assigned anyone to it.

Krista
Intake Manager in VS

Filevine - The perfect "virtual" Case File

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied.

So easy to navigate throughout. VERY customizable per legal field. Integrates wonderfully between other legal platforms.

Updates are often hard to adjust to after we conform our process and procedures around the features of Filevine.

Gloria
Legal Assistant in VS

Best Case Management System

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoy using Filevine. It has allowed for our office to become really productive.

What I like the most about this software is the bcc email address associated with each project. I can bcc the filevine project and it will appear in the activity for that project.

I think I need more involvement in what roles actually do for our firm.

Timothy
Office Services Specialist in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Cutting edge document management software

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been much easier to save docs, store docs, and also retrieve files thru the search engine. The activity feed is a must have feature and is simple to add. I also love the ability to hashtag certain docs with passwords such as for medical records and the various views you can see docs in (one page, side by side, etc.) Our overall experience has been excellent, looking forward to continuing improvements and continuing to master the software.

The product was easy to use and was installed and integrated with the assistance of our IT professional. The features I find most impactful are the search capabilities between individual client folders, the ability to see multiples calendars at once without overlapping. I also love the activity feed to post and get up to date on the latest events in every case without having to search endless folders and screens. I could go on and on but it's also very simple to upload docs as it's a simple drag and drop from anywhere on your PC directly into the specific client folder you need.

The one thing I continually don't like is when I open a client folder, I'm unable to sort the documents in date order. At times, I need to go back to a certain date and the docs don't sort in that fashion or stay in any sort of order. I like how the docs tend to group by how you name them, but would love to see a date sort added.

Daniel

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Filevine: The perfect system for hands on users that want flexibility in their system

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Filevine is designed for hands on users that want flexibility in their system. The shipped product is rough, but fully customizable for your work flows. Plan to invest significant time on the front end determining how you want your system to work

Initially, the data import from a prior system did not go well. I was an early user and the company had "growing pains." Since then, my system works well.

Matthew

Filevine review

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Ease of use and lots of options to assist in optimizing your case management system. I love the all in one type nature of Filevine and its continued effort to improve and increase offerings to clientele. Most functions are very intuitive and there is a clear vision to help law firms automate all sorts of tasks that take up time.

Some of the additional functions are not as developed as I would like. Some issues do not appear until you actually get to use and play around with the new function. Also, some of the automations and small fixes are slow to get implemented.

2 maanden geleden

Hi Matthew, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback!

Stacie
Paralegal in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect for our small firm!

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic program! Everyone at the firm agrees.

I was introduced to Filevine by a colleague several years ago. I immediately was interested. After getting the information and meeting with my boss. We began the process of converting everything into our FV portal. It has been a god-send on staying up to date, getting documents from clients and having everything all in one place. We love it!

Would love to send mass texts to all clients.

Katrina
Case Manager in Filipijnen

FV for the WIN!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Your overall impression of Filevine appears positive and thorough. You value its diverse range of features, such as centralized document management, collaborative case notes, efficient billing and invoicing, well-organized contact database, effective time and expense tracking, streamlined electronic signatures, and strong security and compliance measures. These functionalities collectively enhance workflow efficiency, promote better communication and collaboration, improve financial management, and contribute to heightened client satisfaction. In summary, Filevine emerges as a valuable and comprehensive tool for legal professionals, providing a complete solution for case management and client representation.

What I appreciate most about Filevine is its efficient document management, which significantly enhances efficiency, collaboration, and compliance within legal operations. It guarantees that documents are orderly, easily accessible, secure, and current, ultimately leading to improved results for clients and increased productivity for legal practitioners.

There's little to find fault with in Filevine, given its pivotal role in my work as a case manager. It greatly aids me in numerous aspects of my responsibilities.

3 weken geleden

Thank you so much for leaving such a thoughtful review, Katrina!

Laura
Legal assistant in VS

Love Filevine

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Flexibility and user friendliness are my favorite features.

Nothing. We have had no issues with this product.

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for your review, Laura! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying Filevine and find the platform to be flexible and user-friendly. We look forward to continuing to support you!

debbie
Office manager in Canada
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Try Filevine you won't be disappointed

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I first heard of this at a webinar. Still didn't look into it until 2 years after that. All and all I wish our firm had started using it sooner than we did. Most exciting is the fact that as a office manager I see more and more resumes coming into my office showing applicants have trained on Filevine

case management side. This tool allows us to reconstruct our files from beginning to end sucessfully

nothing about the tool itself. It is very relevant that staff fill out all information per file

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your informative review, Debbie! We're thrilled to read that you've found it to be beneficial for your case management and organization. We look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Deborah
Litigation Paralegal in VS

Great Software for Case Management

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think Filevine is a great program. I love handling files digitally. I have worked with other programs and this is by far my favorite. I think since we started using Filevine that our cases are moving more smoothly.

There are several features I like about Filevine. First, I really like the daily feed which tells me what is due, who is working on the tasks, and if the tasks is accomplished. Secondly, I like the ability to pull up a case and see exactly what is going on. The activity feed is awesome. I like being able to get a complete view of the medical expenses and providers.

I wish the system captured injuries differently. I would like to see a tab just for injuries which would allow for notes from dr's records, client communication, etc. Also I would like to see a "planning" tab which would allow the attorney and paralegal to indicate plans for handling the case and the client.

Jessica
Settlement Specialist in VS

Overall Thus Far...

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really enjoyed the training. I'm looking forward to learning more about utilizing FV to its full potential, tips and tricks to help in customizing our firms FV to make it work more conveniently and effectively for our team and our firm.

FV seems very user friendly and efficient. So many capabilities allowing you to stay w/i FV and ie share folders, send out for electronic signature, PDF edit, combine, etc. All really cool features to be more effective and efficient.

Surprised that when saving a document into a companion case that is already linked to the primary case that you would have to search each case to also "copy" the document there as well instead of a "copy to all companions" option. Like you can save a "note" across the board to all companions attached.

Laya
Associate in Canada

Used at two different PI firms since 2019

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent, it it a very easy to use and user friendly system.

Very easy and intuitive. Also accessible from anywhere, which was a huge advantage when we shutdown the office in 2020.

The activity feed includes all of every email chain, can get hard to read and to find what you want

3 maanden geleden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Laya! We're so glad to read that you've found our platform to be easy to navigate and intuitive. We appreciate the feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to support you and your firm!

Tina
Legal Assistant in Canada

Pros and Cons

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Product is easy to use and I like that you guys are always updating and adding new features. The editing tools such as page extraction and being able to combine documents now is also really helpful. The fax integration feature is fantastic. It is a great way to organize and work your file and keeps all team members updated on the file status and tasks completed and done.

Right now, I can't highlight PDF documents. I deal with large documents and must extract and highlight pertinent information. Support has told me to adobe to highlight which creates an extra step for me just to highlight a document I am already in. Also, keeping documents and sending documents in a chronological order is impossible. We need to be able to create tab numbers in a brief format which will stay when shared with others (i.e. physicians and defence counsel when serving our affidavit of documents).