TouchBistro POS reviews

4,4 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,9 /5

Over TouchBistro POS

TouchBistro is een iPad POS en geïntegreerde betalingsoplossing gebouwd voor restaurantmensen, door restaurantmensen.

Meer informatie over TouchBistro POS

309 reviews worden weergegeven

Paul M.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-10-2016

"For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!"

Opmerkingen: I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret.
Paul Menta

Pluspunten: Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

Minpunten: No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

• Beoordeeld op 8-10-2016
Brent M.
Operations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package"

Opmerkingen: This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pluspunten: The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Minpunten: The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Rachael M.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020

"TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service"

Opmerkingen: TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pluspunten: One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Minpunten: Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020
Nathan B.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-1-2020

"Very Disappointed. I need someone from their company to reach out!!"

Opmerkingen: I am not one who usually shares my experience when it's bad but I am leaving these reviews in hope that TouchBistro will reach out to me so I can resolve some issues. We purchased the system and went live back in October of 2019 for our new restaurant. The interface looked good but as far as the system being customizable to whatever you want it to do...It's not that. During our time the system lost orders, had issues updating the menu from the cloud to the POS and ultimately cost us around $750.00. The card readers continue to lose connection, the printers print to different locations randomly, and when the POS updated, it messes up because the Main Hub has not updated yet. We have a fairly small location so to attach a screen to our iMac Mini every few days is pretty challenging and if we don't, we start shift with these problems. That is what lead me to look for another POS and we found one that is far exceeding our expectations. Toast has been amazing! I called TouchBistro to cancel and the rep stated that he would send me an e-mail of cancellation and someone would reach back out to me to finish it up. I was on hold for around 1 hour and 20 minutes the first time I tried to cancel. I did get the e-mail but no-one ever called me back to wrap this up. Today I tried to reach out and was waiting on hold for 42 minutes before getting a rep who said he had to transfer me to the care team to get everything done. I was transferred, waited for about 15 minutes on

Pluspunten: The iPads were ok, and it wasn't too hard to hook up

Minpunten: Losing orders, connectivity problems, card reader not working, printers printing to different locations randomly, Not very customizable

• Beoordeeld op 15-1-2020
Axel M.
CNA
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020

"Best POS Interface Available"

Opmerkingen: The TouchBistro POS has made managing items, transactions, and invoices manageable and reliable. It is a simple to use service with many different tools at your disposal.

Pluspunten: The TouchBistro POS has an incredible, easy to use interface. It allows you to categorize and organize items. It gives you an array of options for organizing the things you need when you need them.

Minpunten: The POS could improve their customization options. Adding additional features would allow more creative expression on the interface. This could potentially enhance the overall experience on the platform.

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2020
Jacqueline S.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019

"Review"

Opmerkingen: Worst customer service EVER! Will not recommend solely for that

Pluspunten: Ease of use and functionality of the system is great

Minpunten: Process to split checks after order is difficult

• Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019
Kyle W.
Corporate Videographer
Automotive, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019

"TouchBistro POS Review"

Opmerkingen: When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pluspunten: The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Minpunten: Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

• Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019
  • Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018

"Easy to Use"

Opmerkingen: Great app and capabilities, but iOS updates were a huge issue that lead us to find a different POS option.

Pluspunten: iOS based so it's easy to learn and use. Cloud based so I'm able to see sales live without any delay. iPhone app is simple to navigate.

Minpunten: Even though it was iOS based, there wasn't an iPhone app that would allow you to ring in orders and I couldn't find a heavy duty holder that would also have enough room for the dymo card reader. The last few iOS updates really messed with the software - using sign on screen would close out the app, wifi kept disconnecting, etc.

• Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Chris B.
Founder/Managing Partner
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017

"Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use."

Pluspunten: I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Minpunten: Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Hey, Chris!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know.

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Robin L.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2016

"Perfect for a cafe !"

Opmerkingen: Before Touch Bistro we were using the ol' pen and paper system. Tickets would get lost, tabs weren't getting paid and all our employees were charging different prices! We finally grew up! Touch Bistro is not only affordable, I'm sure it actually makes us more money!

Pluspunten: Works just like an iPhone, so training is a breeze! Our younger employees actually pick it up so fast, they end of training our more senior staff members!

Minpunten: Our main (and perhaps only) problem is in the programming and the printing process. Most of our orders are custom made sandwiches and with the choices of ingredients we offer, it can be slightly overwhelming. I would like better control over the order the ingredients print, so they are the same every time, regardless of which order they are out into the system.

• Beoordeeld op 27-4-2016
Cn F.
  • Beoordeeld op 22-6-2019

"Worst customer support - EVER"

Opmerkingen: This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands. Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pluspunten: When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Minpunten: It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!! Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

• Beoordeeld op 22-6-2019
Haley C.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017

"Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro."

Pluspunten: The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Minpunten: We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Hey, Haley!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge!

Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis.

If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Firas A.
President and Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 31-3-2017

"Easy to use, intuitive with excellent stats and dashboard."

Opmerkingen: After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't provide is the dashboard and cloud reporting. I rely heavily on these data to manage my business effectively and efficiently. It provides a breakdown of sales performance over any period of time, connects to my accounting system and load sales data directly into my accounting system, has excellent integration with 3rd party apps such as 7Shifts for scheduling and Shogo for accounting. I'm truly impressed with this product and it's robustness. I have recommended the product to many other business owners and I always get the same reaction of amazement when they see the reporting it provides compared to the POS systems they currently use.

Pluspunten: Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.

Minpunten: Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.

• Beoordeeld op 31-3-2017
Darren B.
  • Beoordeeld op 27-3-2017

"Over all Good just Bad Support"

Opmerkingen: Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Pluspunten: Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Minpunten: I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Max W.

"Easy to Program POS"

Opmerkingen: Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent. You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users. Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet. Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pluspunten: Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Minpunten: Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Alan W.

"Room for improvement"

Opmerkingen: First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money. That said, there are some problems, both with the software and with the sales/support: - Frequent crashes when printing tickets (more than once per day). You have to restart TouchBistro, find your now-closed table, and reprint the ticket.
- No way to print invoices. This is required in most European countries and TouchBistro offers no way to do this. It causes us a big delay to have to generate one in Word and print it out for the customer. If they are going to sell in Europe they need to have this core function that other, more basic, systems offer.
- No way to print and charge part of a table. Missing is the ability to select various items, regardless of which seat they are at, and let me print a ticket and charge for those items. We literally lose 30 minutes a day moving items between seats for large groups when they want to pay.
- No menu support for multiple locations. Even though they have a page on their web site dedicated to franchises and multiple locations, the capabilities aren't there. Menus have to be painstakingly typed in by hand on the iPad (no cloud/web support) and while you can eventually move a menu from one location to another, it is a convoluted procedure involving a call to tech support. This was one of the selling points that attracted us to TB and they haven't delivered.
- No reporting support for multiple locations. You have to log in, view one report, then log out and log back in with a different username to see the other report.
- The localization (Spanish at least) is horrible. It's like Peggy Hill did it. They seem to have just run all the strings through Google translate and much of it is nonsensical.
- Impossible to update menu during service. If something runs out or a beer tap changes, you have to wait for everyone to log out.
We are going to stick with TB for now, but there is room for improvement.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and train.

Minpunten: There's a huge list in my review.

Bill J.
Owner/chef
  • Beoordeeld op 4-4-2017

"Best decision ever"

Opmerkingen: We embraced touch bistro over 3 yrs ago in that time they have continued to upgrade and make it better and better. That said the only down side is as technology changes so does your need for newer faster iPads and that is something we did not budget for.
I would never go back to a stand alone POS
Just remember that if you make the jump to tableside ordering wirelessly you will be amazed at how much faster your table
Turns are and effective your servers become . Less staff required because they carry the POS with them no lines at a station. Smoother flow in kitchen
Just take .25 per bill
And put it in a gotta get newer IPad fund and you'll be happier then you have ever been
Bill Justus
Owner chef EKs Grill Kelowna BC

Pluspunten: Just about everything

Minpunten: Cash layout for required new iPads to retain full functionality

Hey, Bill!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you say TouchBistro was the best decision ever. We couldn't ask for anything more!

• Beoordeeld op 4-4-2017
Independent Consultant
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-6-2018

"I Doubt There's Better"

Pluspunten: TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Minpunten: Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

• Beoordeeld op 8-6-2018
Marie S.
  • Beoordeeld op 27-3-2017

"Good for dining room restaurants"

Opmerkingen: Touch Bistro is very easy to use in adding new menu items or editing existing items and also retrieving any multitude of reports available. Pricing is on the lower end of competitive. We are a quick serve restaurant and there are several important features that we can not customize which is why we rate it low on functionality; for instance when we have a credit card transaction we can't turn off the customer's receipt copy and in a QSR most do not want their receipt so we waste a lot of paper. Sales experience to training transition to installation also did not go smoothly for us. Sales is anxious to sell but is not there for you afterwards. But if we didn't have these, as well as other issues, we'd rate it a very good system. You just have to really know what you need POS to do for you and ask detailed questions and document your answers.

Pluspunten: Ease of reports and making menu changes

Minpunten: Not all the features are customizable; you can't turn off a copy of receipts you don't need, there's a crazy work-around if you need item ingredients listed on kitchen tickets , only admins can setup customer accounts and take deposits for catering orders which is inconvenient for us.

Richard G.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017

"Almost the best system I could ask for...."

Opmerkingen: 1000% faster then old method

Pluspunten: Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Minpunten: Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Hey, Richard!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?)

Alexandra B.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017

"We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it."

Pluspunten: It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically.
The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently.
The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Minpunten: Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading . The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Hey, Alexandra!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues.

Donna O.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2016

"Small mid-western restaurant"

Opmerkingen: Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pluspunten: Relatively easy to train new staff.

Minpunten: On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

van TouchBistro op 1-2-2017

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality.

Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs.

With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates:

- December 13, 2016
- October 31, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- August 17, 2016

If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2016
Jennifer V.
Owner / Operator
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-8-2017

"Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective"

Opmerkingen: good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pluspunten: Price point is great for a small independent business.
Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Minpunten: Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

van TouchBistro op 24-8-2017

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review!

I hear you when it comes to the upgrades!

We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible.

The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :)

When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help!

Thanks again!
Mell

• Beoordeeld op 24-8-2017
Anthony M.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2017

"It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it."

Opmerkingen: I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

Pluspunten: That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

Minpunten: That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

van TouchBistro op 12-12-2017

Hey, Anthony!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2017
Dave K.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-8-2017

"Easy to use, best POS I've ever used. The support is amazing. Although you rarely need it."

Pluspunten: When I started my business, the company that ran the POS system I inherited gave me trouble 24 hours before I opened. In stepped TouchBistro. They went above and beyond to have me up and running in time for my opening. I have never seen support they offered from another company. Their customer service was second to none.
On top of that, the system is so easy to use. I set up my menu from scratch, in a rush, the night before opening. Training staff on it is a breeze as well.

Minpunten: There isn't much to complain about. It would be nice to be able to adjust the menu remotely but they're constantly upgrading the features available via cloud, so I'm sure that's on the horizon as well.

van TouchBistro op 31-8-2017

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the super awesome review!

I'm going to forward it to our install and training team.

They work so hard and definitely will appreciate the love.

Thanks again!