Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over TouchBistro

TouchBistro is een iPad POS en geïntegreerde betalingsoplossing gebouwd voor restaurantmensen, door restaurantmensen.

Meer informatie over TouchBistro

Very easy to use and to figure out most of the basic issues.

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers.

Beoordelingen van TouchBistro

3,5
3,8
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,5

TouchBistro heeft een totaalscore van 3,9 van 5 sterren op basis van 396 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je TouchBistro eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (396)

paul
paul
VS
Bron: GetApp

For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret.
Paul Menta

Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

BRENT
Operations Manager in Canada

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Daniel
Operator in Canada

The Worst Company!

1,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

I have nothing positive to say, their product is substandard, but their customer service is the absolute worst I have ever experienced!

shady business practices from the start! Aggressive sales pitch, we brought in the system on a trial basis, told we could cancel at any time. Wanted to test it out first with our staff, do some training, see if it was right for us; wouldn't let us do anything without being fully on board. Tried the system for a bit, quite underwhelming, decided to go back to our former POS, asked to cancel. Was told that someone would be in touch with me, and then they have ignored all attempts to communicate, and have billed me for 2 months after the cancellation! I am currently waiting on my Credit Card company fraud department to hopefully resolve it, or I will have to cancel that card so that these scammers can not continue to steal from me!!!

2 weken geleden

Hi Daniel, we are very sorry to hear about your negative experience with TouchBistro. Our goal is to provide excellent products and customer service. Please contact us directly at [email protected] so we can address your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and are committed to making this right.

Emily
Director of Operations in VS

TouchBistro for Resorts

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall - we've found TouchBistro to be the most robust, yet easy to use program on the market. While other POS might be simpler, TB fulfills more functions than most, while still be easy to navigate.

We love TouchBistro to manage room charges and the mass amount of listed items that we sell from our fine dining restaurant to our gift shop.

One of the biggest challenges we've found with TouchBistro is the technology issues whenever updates are needed. It's often something that can't be fixed in house and that's down time we can't afford to lose.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Emily, thank you for the kind words! We're glad to see that TouchBistro has had a positive impact at your venue. -Carly

Christi
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Overall great experience!

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very happy with everything except the card readers.

My employees transitioned over to TouchBistro really well. It's really easy to use.

We have "portable" card readers. They're not very "portable". Very glitchy.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Christi, thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad to hear that TouchBistro has had a positive impact on your venue and staff. -Carly

Ashley
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Fair value for the price

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

Edward Joseph
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Horrible customer service

2,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Went live over 2 months ago and from day 1 experiencing critical issues. Menu items, groups, modifiers and printers disappear and change. System often crashes. Still not resolution or hope in sight. They are in breach of service agreement and will switch to Toast for all 3 businesses totally 5m + in cc sales. They don’t seem to care.

Ease of use. Cloud based. Apple products

No dedicated person overseeing account. No follow through from support. Support lacks knowledge and reads from troubleshooting script.

4 maanden geleden

Hi Edward, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If you’re open to it, please reach out to [email protected] with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jacqueline

Review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Worst customer service EVER! Will not recommend solely for that

Ease of use and functionality of the system is great

Process to split checks after order is difficult

Jason
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Great POS, terrible reporting and customer support

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Some areas are done well, but some not only are lacking, there seems to be no attempt to improve or resolve.

Touchscreen kitchen ticket management, server order input.

Reports are horrible and missing information. Customer support is time consuming, does not follow up, and frequently does not resolve in any way. Does not integrate with OpenTable.

10 maanden geleden

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing this feedback. Our team would like to help you further to make the most out of our reporting functionality. Please reach out at [email protected] with your account name!

Stephane
Stephane
operations director in VS

Bang for your buck

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The support team was on top of installation and on-boarding. the owner was present.

Can't beat the price. user friendly. menu management is a breeze.

For larger organizations integration with other software needs to be easier. reports could be better. seperating reports by time periods is a problem

vorig jaar

Hi Stephane, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you're enjoying the POS. - ST at TouchBistro

Mike
Manager in Canada
Voedselproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Scam!

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Definitely a scam I would not suggest this to anyone it’s a waste of money any other company like square or light speed pos is way cheaper and have had much more success save your money use a different company.

There is no pros to this company they trap you into a one year contract for software that doesn’t work. The program is laggy shuts itself down it’s not a good platform.

The programming isn’t complete isn’t compatible they have no tech team to help you on site it’s all over the phone. You pay 80+ dollars a month for an app that should be free.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Though our onboarding team is remote we do pride ourselves on setting up our customers' tech to fit their business' needs right the first time. We'd love the chance to make things right! Please send me an email at [email protected] with the name your account is under if you're still experiencing issues so I can have someone reach out to you.

Brenda
VP in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Worst customer service, unreliable hardware and software

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Am actively researching other options after 2+ years because the issues we've had are never addressed or resolved.

Easy to use when it works, for the functions that are set up.

1) Customer service is TERRIBLE. We have had open trouble tickets for over a MONTH with no resolution. Important tickets, like payments for online orders appear to be received in the POS and yet no money ever hit our bank. So we can't rely on taking online orders, which is critical. 2) Software and hardware crashes. A lot. Like 6+ times per shift. 3) Inventory adjustments have no value associated with them, which makes it little better than a chalkboard for inventory tracking. (If I am missing product, the value of that loss should show up somewhere in a report as inventory losses. Yet it doesn't). 4) Basic reports missing, such as balance sheet/inventory on hand by category.

Andrew
Restaurant Consultant in VS

Abysmal: Dishonest Sales | Inattentive Onboarding | Apathetic Support

1,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Save yourself from a prolonged disruptive experience: AVOID this POS. I'm an impartial restaurant consultant who has witnessed first-hand three separate clients' destructive experiences with this POS, the incredible variety of how they've failed them, and based on my past experiences advocating on their behalf, and current ongoing issues with contract disputesI've advocated on behalf of 3 clients through SO MANY issues. My overall aggregate impression is:1) They don't/won't stand by their product. Every issue is assumed to be the self-inflicted wound of the operator (some were. MOST were not)2) They either don't understand, or don't care about the needs of the small restaurant owner/operator3) They do not practice customer SERVICE. It's troubleshooting support (at best) and their strategy seems to be wearing down their customers with an expected experience that's so exhaustive, they stop reaching out.4) Their culture/leadership is broken. No one takes responsibility and promises of escalation are rarely followed through on. I've experienced this apathy firsthand from the call center all the way up to the C-suite level.They have some truly sincere and empathetic people in their employ, unfortunately, they are not given the authority or voice to help their customers work through their issues.

The promise of what it "could potentially do"

Frequent Outages & Forced Updates: Even on Friday nights and busy holidays such as Cinco de MayoCustomer Service & Support: Rarely helpful and requires customers to provide lengthy email summaries of past service calls (that they SHOULD have a record of in their CRM)Weird "hallucinations" appearing on customer facing online ordering platform: Root Beer appearing as a bread option/'As Weapon' & 'Ass Bacon' appearing as modifiersThere's not enough room in this field's character limit to continue

10 maanden geleden

Hi Andrew, thank you for sharing your feedback and rest assured your feedback will be escalated to our team internally. We are here to help you through any issues you're experiencing with TouchBistro- feel free to reach out to our support team at 1-888-342-0131

Dayana

Total disappointment

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Where do I start? Have been using it for less than 3 weeks and it has been a complete nightmare.
First, the sales person sold us equipment that "we didn't need" as per the install guy. Over $300 in equipment still in their box... the initial onboarding guy said we didn't need that for the size of the venue. Second, the second iPad does not connect to the touch bistro network. Third, was basically told we had to switch our payment processing to Chase because the integration wasn't going to work with other providers for much longer. After lots of time and paperwork ended up switching to Chase for TouchBistro and guess what? the integration doesn't work. We have had to switch to the stand along mode to be able to take payment from our customers. We have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer service and no one seems to be able to figure it out. Yesterday I was on the phone again for over 2 hours, first with one guy who tried everything he could and finally said he had to transfer me to a senior department because he didn't know what else to do. After having to explain everything again to the "senior" agent, then she tries to follow all the same steps that I had just gone through with the previous guy and still couldn't figure it out. After basically turning everything off and back on 10 times, it worked once so I ended the call!!! Then today, we get to work and guess what? It doesn't work again. I wasted over 2 hours of my day for nothing!!!

The idea behind it it's great, if it were to actually work as it should.

Our team is hating that we changed the POS because this one is so slow and gives them connectivity issues daily. We were sold a product that does not actually operates as they tell you it would. - You can not restrict servers from opening someone else's table unless you assigned sections. Seriously? - You can not use the main iPad to try to input a reservation because the second iPad won't work unless the main iPad is on the TouchBistro app? lol are you serious? - The integration of TouchBistro POS with TouchBistro reservations system that I was told was gonna make everything so smooth is a complete joke. As I said, you can not try to take a reso or waitlist with the main iPad. You basically need an iPad that's gonna sit there and look pretty but not be used for anything beside clocking in/out, otherwise it will compromise the entire operation. - The payment integration is ridiculously slow (when it actually works) but it has only worked a couple of times and the rest of the time gives an "error connection". It's a brilliant idea, if it were to actually function.

2 jaar geleden

Hi there, we are sorry for the issues you faced. I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help please call us at 1-888-342-0131 Thank you!

Cole
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Unimpressed 8 year customer

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: After the devastating problem 2 years ago, I have hated TB ever since. Not to mention it has consistently gotten slower and slower. I just had to upgrade my wifi router for the 3rd time in 8 years (upgraded today in fact), going from Apple Airport, to Amplify, and now Cisco; we'll see if things are better now.

Ease of use with menu items, modifiers, etc

When an update about 2 years ago made every IPAD in the building unusable, and there was no way to undo the update. Made my restaurant not have a POS for 4 days while i waited to find 8 new IPADS, a new Mac Mini, and 8 new IPAD stands. There were emails sent about the update but they went into the clutter/junk folders\...WHERE WAS THE PHONE CALL??????????????????????????????????????????????? ANd then the sad "here is 3 months of free touchbistro". This cost us thousands of dollars in new equipment, lost sales/transaction, and man hours. It also meant that for 4 days every employee had their worst days ever in the building, hand writing orders, hand delivering order to the kitchen, hand writing CC orders, tax, reciepts, etc (many payments didn't end up going through either)

Mark
CEO in VS
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Don`t walk away. rub away.

1,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: If you need coatomer service, go somewhere else, the worst I`ve ever encountered. Purchased KDS to help me with online orders. Everything worked fine with exception of online ordering. When I placed test order, it showed up in a flash. Unfortunately it said >menu item deleted> Showed up correctly on pos, printed correctly, but on KDS, received deleted item message. Youd think easy fix, contacted support. Spent hours on [hone, they couldnt figure it out. That was a month ago, every tine I called, they say they`re working on it. Have 2 onboarding clowns [sensitive content hidden], reached out, they told me they`re working on it. Subsequent text n email were ignored by these 2 professionals, basically ghosted me. This was a month ago/ My salesman gave me email to a mgr, emailed him. u guessed it still waiting. Today contacted support, to add an item to modifier group, on hold for 20 mis, then disconnected/ Run, dont walk away. Of course they`re charging monthly for online ordering.

Speed, ease of use. Ability to use KDS, streamline online ordering.

customer service very poor. Long wait times.

6 maanden geleden

Hi Mark, thanks for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further, especially as it relates to our KDS and online ordering functionality. If you’re open to it, please reach out to [email protected] with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sunny
GM in VS

Nightmare experience

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I run a nola theme bar in wrigley Chicago. Speed is the key to the business.
The main reasons i switched to touchbistro are: unlimited free hardware and unlimited licenses/user, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
promised to install the hardware onsite and ensure the product works smoothly in the bar. Before i signed up with the touchbistro, i explained to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
the features we need.
My[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
left my bar before the installation was completed, and during the installation, i asked the[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
, how to add staff, how to add/remove items, and how to change items, and he really doesn't know how to do it and had to google. The next day we went live, and i texted my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
how to pre-authorize, change item, and so on. he basically told me to google it and find it out myself. Shortly after that he simply ignored my texts and blocked my number.
1. long processing time (30-1min) to enter items and process the card
2. there are 2 pieces of devices (ipad and processer) my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
told me to get the case later on but we had to deal with 2 pieces the whole time we used it.
3. can't pre-authorize efficiently (only on tabs not on tables and bar seats which was very confusing)
4. 2 ipads froze on the first day we used
5. the processor kept turning off, so we had to turn on, wait till synchronized before then process
we had to went back to Toast after 4 days of using Touchbistro. In order to break the contract, touchbistro sent me an invoice of 14,000 for the 4 days that i used. DO NOT trust what they promise.

colors on the menu buttons unlimited software and hardware for a set price

-horrible customer service -long processing time -confusing reports -false advertisement

2 jaar geleden

Hi Sunny. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing.I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help!

Horeca, 2-10 werknemers

Unbelievably Terrible

1,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: They have admitted to me that all the glitches we experience on a DAILY basis are software related and the senior tech support team has been incapable at fixing our issues. Im literally counting down the days until I can get out of my contract.

Absolutely nothing. It took almost 4 months to onboard, nothing but problems ever since.

Constant glitches, several redundant aspects of table service, no signature line on credit card receipts, they made several unauthorized charges to my credit card for services I wasnt even able to use then I had to fight them for refunds, sales man lied to me about what the POS could and couldnt do to get me to sign on then another lengthy battle to get out of the contract. They claimed they cannot give refunds, which they can and did, and they claimed they never cancel contracts, which they can and did. Not IM just stuck in my main locations contract.

Yolanda

Review

3,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Getting us through

Fairly user friendly, price is ok, and the cloud is nice to have

It is not a secure POS. Any staff can see information as you need admin code and the staff need it for when there is no manager on shift. You can not lock so they can not delete bills after a bill reopened and then deleted a lot of cash is taken this way and no record once a bill is deleted

10 maanden geleden

Hi Yolanda, Thank you for sharing this feedback. We certainly take our customers' security seriously, and we'd like to speak with you further to investigate. Please send me an email at [email protected] with your account name.

Jessie
Managing Director in VS
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

Refuses to Refund

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wouldn't recommend this group, since their overall customer service has been nothing short of the worst I've seen in the industry. I've worked with Square, Toast and this group.

We had a great, helpful sales contact. Unfortunately, once we were turned over to their overall automated system for deployment of the software, we couldn't continue to work with them. At one point, they canceled our account without authorization.

We signed an agreement that would allow us a refund of more than $2,000 if we didn't want to continue using Touch Bistro. I've been trying to contact them for months for a refund, and have been ignored by their sales contact and their customer service line. We are having to hire a lawyer just to get our refund (even though the contract specifies we could get refunded.)

3 jaar geleden

Hey Jessie, I apologize for the issues you've been facing with us and I do want to escalate this to our Customer CARE management team to look into your billing. Please send me an email to [email protected] with the name your account is under so we can investigate. Thank you! - Carly at TouchBistro

Richard
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

Almost the best system I could ask for....

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 1000% faster then old method

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

7 jaar geleden

Hey, Richard! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jim
Manager in VS
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

TouchBistro will slow you down and cost you money

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has cost us money and slowed us down. It was suppose to save us money and speed things up.

Switching menus and putting in specials.

If you want people to tip your bar staff and servers then do not use this POS. If you manually enter a credit card, like when the swiper is down, there is no tip line or way to enter a tip on these transactions. Also when staff enter tips you cannot modify them once entered so if someone entered a tip wrong you have to void the whole transaction but you will not be able to charge them again unless they are still there with their card. If customers start tabs you have to manually enter their name, you can not swipe their card and have their name appear. So it slows you down on busy nights. Switching to Touch Bistro has slowed us down and bar staff have not been able to collect all their tips. I would not recommend this POS to anyone until these issues are fixed. Also they will tell you they are working on issues for months and months that never seem to get resolved. Once you sign up you will be ignored.

Anthony
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

7 jaar geleden

Hey, Anthony! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Donna

Small mid-western restaurant

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Relatively easy to train new staff.

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

7 jaar geleden

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality. Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs. With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates: - December 13, 2016 - October 31, 2016 - September 26, 2016 - August 17, 2016 If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Carlin
Strategic Projects Manager
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to use, difficult to get help

3,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: TouchBistro is relatively easy to use for someone who has little to no experience with POS. It has a lot more functionality than something like Square, but it still utilizes the familiar iOS user interface and makes training staff/customers easy. Additionally, set up is easy, as it uses Apple Airports and a mac computer, which are all easy to purchase and use. However, if you want to get more technical, TB is not for you. I work in a large restaurant, and we wanted to build a better wifi network for customers and our office as well as POS. As part of this, we installed new access points to provide a strong signal for a very large room. When we wanted to set up TB to work off of the new APs, their customer support refused to provide assistance, and will only work with you if you're using Apple gear. Not only that but the support was slow to respond throughout our time using TB and often didn't provide helpful advice. Usually, the errors we'd experience would correct themselves after TB's engineers released an update (i.e. after a new version of iOS would come out), but we'd lose a lot of money in the process, with system outages and bugs. Overall, I would recommend you either stick with the tried and true simple solution (square) or spend the money and go up to one of the traditional POS systems. If you're set on a more advanced tablet system, I would recommend Toast over TouchBistro.

-Easy to use (for the most part) -Easy to setup -Replaceable hardware (Apple products) -More features than many similar competitors

-Poor customer support -No setup options -Some functions difficult to access/not intuitive -Bugs/issues when iOS updates - unreliable