Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over PowToon

Het alles-in-één platform van Powtoon maakt het eenvoudig om aangepaste video's te maken. Maak je eigen video's en dynamische presentatie. Snel. Eenvoudig.

Meer informatie over PowToon

I love the built in video vignettes to make a professional looking video. Considering all that you can do with this program, the pricing is more reasonable than the competition.

As far as loading times are concerned, there is no lag at all even if the elements already stack up.

Beoordelingen van PowToon

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

PowToon heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 393 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je PowToon eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (393)

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment Consultant in Panama
Chemicaliën, 51-200 werknemers

Powtoon is a great solution designed to create great business videos and eye-catching presentations.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Powtoon is an excellent graphic design tool, since it is not necessary to have advanced knowledge to create videos, and it can be used from day one, we can quickly familiarize ourselves with the commands and functions, rely on video tutorials, and generate professional results in a very short time. Powtoon allows us to develop amazing things and increase our organizational visibility without investing a lot of time to create exceptional quality products.

One of the most striking elements of Powtoon is the simplicity of its design, and the ability to generate professional quality products, with multiple applications for institutions that want to make short videos and show a procedure, promote a product, generate interactive instructions, and colorful, and much more.All these applications for daily use increase our possibility of generating content that increases sales, for example, making our brand more established in the market, and the most important thing is that we do not need professionals in the area of graphic design to generate spectacular videos from Powtoon.

Powtoon has expanded enormously and its use has spread very quickly, which has demanded the need to integrate with third parties to develop greater compatibility with products used in organizations. One of the best forms that Powtoon has adopted is integration through APIs, which guarantees connectivity with multiple existing systems in companies. In addition to that Powtoon is willing to listen to customer needs and constantly increase the number of tested and validated integrations.

Sheikh Sumon
Sheikh Sumon
Lead generation specialist in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Create engaging content with PowToon.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: PowToon is highly user-friendly. It could assist you in producing interesting material that will draw viewers to you. I love how this program has so many features and tools, as well as the communication aspect. If you can utilize this program correctly, the final video clip you may produce with it will look really professional. Anyone who is prepared to spend the money for the pro edition of this software to utilize a superior content creation tool is encouraged to do so.

I've used editing programs for quite some time, but for such a low cost, this is the greatest one I've found thus far. With this tool, making animated video material is surprisingly simple. Many editing choices might be confusing to modify and utilize, but PowToon makes everything clear with its clear instructions. I have a few trustworthy buddies who work in the editing profession. Fortunately, I could add them to this application and get their feedback or use their assistance to improve my job. A plethora of templates are available for you to use. I can include text, music, and a lot more. I can even communicate with my team and manage them using this program.

There are a lot of limits in the free version, but that stands to reason.

Antoinette
Trainer in Zuid-Afrika
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Unethical Company with an easy to use product

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I keep going back and forth with them.. they keep making unneccessary changes and I am always finding myself on the backfoot. As a south african.. i cant afford to pay dollars to upgrade every time they are on a WHIM to change what we can and CAN NOT have as a PRO user. (they literally are forcing you to get pro plus and not all of us can actually afford that)

The product is easy to use, and response on queries is quick

I find this company to have some ETHICS problems. I have a PRO accoutn. And will create a numbe rof vidoes with different elements using my account. TWO MONTHS LATER i will want to edit something / add a translation.. and my vidoes are UNUSEABLE as they have upgraded some of my features for PRO PLUS users only.. almost forcing me to need to UPGRADE in order to use MY OWN vidoes i created 2 months ago. I find this very unethical. Now i cant redo those videos for my clients (who need some translating done) unless i PAY to upgrade. Its like they force you to upgrade to use a video you created 2 months ago.

Olivia
General Manager in Kenia
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers

For excellent performance and smart workings, this is the most essential ingredient.

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent performance.Its amazing usability and flexibility makes it easy to create animated videos in every style.

This is the most Flexible software have ever used.its scalability and it's ease of use makes it compatible for me and my team.Have been using it to create quality videos and visual content for my clients.Has templates, which makes it easy for customization.Has this excellent features which magnifies their phenomenal work in your results.

No cons for this excellent software.It saves time and cost

Audrey
Marketing strategy manager in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Overall satisfied

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In sum, I am quite satisfied with the tool despite some difficulties when creating my videos. I recommend to those who are going to buy this tool to listen carefully to the training videos that are made available to users. This will save a lot of time and not lose your work as it happened to me several times.

My favorite feature in this application is really the screen recording. In addition, you can add your avatar by taking your camera from your computer and it will show you in a circle with your video and you can give relevant content to your users while browsing your product (for us it's a web application ). It is a perfect tool for making training and explanatory videos. I also like the fact that there are many templates that allow me to make videos in just a few minutes and quite easily.

I had some difficulties with the platform. First of all, I bought the pro+ plan for our company and when I wanted to make a Christmas video, the songs were not available to add to my video, because it mentioned that it was only for those who had the pro plan. I mentioned the issue to support and two weeks later I still haven't heard from them.

Tinashe
Snr Pastor in Duitsland
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

"Versatile and customizable"

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we have come to find this software a valuable tool for creating engaging and visually appealing presentations, and this is mostly because we value that it brings ease of use, flexibility, and a wide range of application options to our creative arsenal.

Allowed us to create dynamic and visually attractive presentations. It offers a wide range of animations, transitions, and effects that brought our content to life and made it more engaging for our audience.

While Powtoon offers a decent library of templates, the selection is not as extensive compared to some other presentation tools. This limits our options, especially that we often use highly specialized and niche templates specific to our themes and messages.

Hossamudin
Hossamudin
Founder in Egypte
Hoger onderwijs, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A great animation cloud-based software, but kinda expensive

Opmerkingen: Excellent.

The variety of templates is one of the great features. So, I don't have to create a similar video every time; Each video is unique.

Well, the pricing. It is super high. Also, faced few issues with the Arabic language during the free trial. Could be fixed by now tho.

Nancy
Product Marketing Director in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Did the job - but ended on a very poor note

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My final experience with them soured me on the product and company and thus I cannot recommend. Pick another animation software where they'll at least respond.

I needed to find software on short order for a volunteer product I was doing. I was able to learn it pretty quickly and product something to help the organization out. It was fairly easy to learn and I was able to make a decent animated video in a weekend.

I hadn't used the software for like 6 months and wasn't sure I'd use again, but missed the window to cancel the renewal until it hit my credit card. I contacted the company right away to explain that I used it just for volunteering and ask for a refund. They could check my history to see I hadn't been using. Not only did they not refund me. They ghosted me. I emailed a second and third time, but they never even answered. As for the product itself, they mixed in elements that were not included on my plan with those that were, requiring me to backtrack in some cases export my video w/o upgrading. Many of the elements were too cartoony for my taste. The export limits were kind of confusing.

Ummar
Ummar
Hosting Manager in Pakistan
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Interactive Animated Presentations

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

Arheer
Arheer
Manager in India
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Animated videos can be easily created using PowToon

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Initially when I started using the platform, the features and functionalities seemed very difficult to understand. Once I understood the same I was able to professional animated videos. The videos made looked like the ones created by an experienced professional.

- PowToon offers large number of animated templates - Graphic and character quality is good - Royalty free music and objects are available for paid version

- Much customization is not possible - Downloaded files are heavy - A little expensive

Cleo
Designer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Not really useful unless you go Pro+

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's really easy to quickly create something that's, let's be honest, kind of corny, but for many situations that's fine. The tools are a joy to use and you can add your own artwork so you aren't really that limited. My biggest complaint (as I mentioned above in Cons) is that the tools are corrupted by the upsell items for Pro+. Just don't show me Pro+ features if I've already paid for Pro. Or at least give me a way to turn them off. Find another way to upsell.

Seriously easy to use. Using a template with its own audio, I was amazed at how smoothly the audio adjusted as you changed slide lengths. The tools are intuitive and things [transitions, modifications, adding/removing time, etc.] that are difficult in a lot of video editing packages are simple. There may be fewer features to tweak but in some ways that what makes it so easy to use. I like that you can add your own graphics - this makes it a powerful base if you want to deviate from the more cutesy look that's provided by default.

I'm constantly annoyed at the ongoing upsell to Pro+. I'm tricked into being disappointed at every turn. Choices of characters, items, templates, etc are shown but often it's not until you click on them that you discover they are only available to Pro+ plans. In a grid of possible templates, there were 54 Pro+ I couldn't use - I had to scroll over each one to discover they were Pro+. I asked Support if there was a way to hide the features that I couldn't access (turn off all Pro+) but they said no. Paying over $200 for Pro seems like a lot these days and I would be more satisfied with my purchase if I weren't constantly shown all the things I can't get with that money.

Patti
SAP Trainer and End User Support Specialist in VS
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Fun and easy to use

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views.

I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap. I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times. When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

Tara
Online Business Manager in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A Fun and Creative Way to Make Impactful Explainer Videos

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a well-run company and the support is excellent. It's a fun product to learn and use and it really allows you to be quite creative in your presentations.

They're continually evolving their product and that's what makes it so great. They keep finding ways to make it faster and easy to make explainer videos. They have an outstanding library of tools and elements you can use to really create outstanding videos. They have excellent templates to start with so you don't have to start with just a blank design canvas. Their support team is outstanding -- definitely one of the best that I've dealt with.

Since I don't use it daily, as I do with other apps, sometimes it takes a while to remember how to do things. You can't always find the design elements you need. It can get quite expensive if you want access to more monthly exports, storage, and customization options.

Edijs
Sales Specialist in België
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers

Powtoon review

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I started to use it 4 years ago and the platform has changed quite a lot. In beginning it was very customer friendly because it was very easy to understand, but now it is still very good, but also very complex and takes some time to understand whole interface.

I liked very creative tools to make presentations appear interactive and interesting to audience. By using Powtoon it is very easy to make yourself stand out and be remarkable. I very enjoy different options for animations and highlt customisable time grid.

I felt that using free trial version it is very hard to enjoy at least a few features platform offers. Platform is really persistent to users to pay for subscription and therefore increase amount of different tools available. This platform is also really demanding for your CPU and you have to be careful not to overheat your computer.

Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Almost perfect

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Powtoon achieves what it sets out to do. I just wish there were more editing capabilities.

Powtoon is very easy to learn and the templates are great to get you started. The media library is full of great assets to create a video quickly and the image library is robust. The software is very intuitive and easy to use.

I am frustrated with the lack of sound editing you can do on Powtoon - for example, you cannot edit voiceovers once you have recorded them. You also cannot add music to the first three slides, you have to add them separtately, which makes continuity an issue. I would love to see a way to expand the timeline so you can edit on a granular level.

Rebecca
Graphic Designer in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Good product for beginners

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is good. It's a good product for beginners.

How easy it is to use the software. It's very simple to add, make edits, and download videos in PowToon.

I wish editing video clips was easier in PowToon. You are required to use the full clip of the video inside of PowToon which is a negative thing, in my opinion.

E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A great tool to create interactive lessons!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In my personal experience, I've enjoyed using the tool to have another option to create amusing and creative lessons. It's effective and simple and it can be used not only by teachers but also by students in many different fields and levels of education, even children can be taught how to create an animation or a video to show in class.

One of the things I liked the most was the possibility of creating all sorts of scenarios and using them in a pedagogical sense. I enjoyed a lot creating situations to be understood in class and on the other hand many of my students have also created their own animations which makes it even more interesting.

There are a few drawbacks with this software, for example, some of the functions have the potential to be more user-friendly, and sometimes the transitions are a bit slow, but nothing too serious.

E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Quick and dirty explainer in an afternoon

5,0 5 jaar geleden

My assistant was able to make some pretty cool videos very quickly, despite limited technical experience with video creation. The tool presents a variety of diverse characters with stock animations for different moods or actions (e.g., explaining, gesturing angrily, looking bored). The audio recording tool allows you to retry if you're unhappy with a take, and was reasonably painless to use. The animations were simple to string together but more visually interesting than what you can produce in PowerPoint. We created a lesson plan for instructors to use where the learners responded using PowToon projects, and these were a hit. It gives them an alternative way to communicate their ideas and again, is quite easy to use.

We were not using the pro version of the tool, so we were limited in access to characters, scenes and icons. That said, the free version provided a very smooth experience. If you do not upgrade, there will be a PowToon logo and music appended to your video, and some animations will have limited customizability (e.g., a character animation may loop ad nauseum). It is also easy for a junior designer to get caught up in the capabilities of the tool and lose focus on the quality and structure of the content. It's easy to add too much irrelevant on-screen animation and so detract from your message.

Abdul
Abdul
YouTuber in Pakistan
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Best Explainer Video Maker For Newbies

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Powtoon helped me in making Animated videos in less time, specially when I really need a video urgently. I always use this tool to create an animated video quickly. It's Easy and Fast. Also it is sometime very expensive to hire a professional for this work, so powtoon helps the Newbies to do this by there selfs.

Powtoon is one of the best tool for Newbies to create An Animated Explainer Video quickly. It allows the user to create a fully customize Animated video which can full the needs of brands. The video can be made in 7-10 minutes and you don't have to hire a Graphic Designer or a Professional for this work. Powtoon also gives trial to there users so first they can test how Powtoon works and they don't charge their users for the trial period. Powtoon allows to create fully customize Animated Videos easily and quickly.

Powtoon is a great tool but they have to improve the features like Characters, Background Music and some other features, otherwise it is an excellent tool.

Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Powtoon has made animation possible for everyday video needs.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been able to add some video animation that I didn't possess prior to using Powtoon which has helped me create a higher level of video production results at a reasonable cost.

I like that I can easily produce animated videos for myself and clients without technically being a "video animator" on more complex software. Oftentimes, I only need a portion of a video to be animated or need a clip of animated typography, which I can now easily accomplish on Powtoon to later insert into my overall video creation.

There are some fine-tune controls that are lacking in the software, like setting timing in less than one-second increments.

Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Video Making Tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great overall online video maker. I have been using it for over five years and each year the company continues to add new animated characters as well as new features. Customer service is excellent and very helpful. I definitely recommend Powtoon!

This software lets you choose how creative you want to be. Struggling for ideas? Powtoon has many templates. Want to create something from scratch? Powtoon has you covered there as well with tons of videos, images and characters

There was initially a bit of a learning curve to use, but lots of tutorials are available to help you.

Cedric
Marketing and communication officer in Burkina Faso
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers

Powtoon

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Powtoon offers a wide range of features animated music, graphic qualities and people

Some features are available only for paid version and downloaded file are heavy

Julia
Julia
Training and Development Specialist in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

This is the one!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: eLearning Design, custom course production, explainer videos

If you are looking for a program to help you build quick, easy, powerful instructional videos - this is it! Look no further.

I loved all of it. We used Vyond before and were limited to animated characters and scenes. Here you can have actual videos and pictures of non-cartoons.

Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Enjoyable to where I purchased a subscription. :)

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you subscribe to the Powtoons you get better animation and you can set up classes so a student does not need to create accounts.

Powtoons has a number of professional templates available which makes it easy to start a video project. The program allows you to include your own graphic elements. The program is also similar to PowerPoint as it provides slides so it is easy to use if you know PowerPoint.

The collaboration option is currently in beta. There is a delay in sharing. Additionally, customization of using a template is time-consuming. It is recommended to storyboard out the video prior. Additionally, you have to upgrade to get the quality animation features.

Sadie
Sadie
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Powtoon Review

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Powtoons for my professional life to create how to videos and instructional or educational information. It is really easy to use and engaging for people to follow along for a few minutes.

Powtoon's is a great software for creating free videos for instructional or educational purposes. There are other paid options, but for basic needs, the free version is great! They have templates and icons and music and more that is easy to plug and play! They also have a ton of free resources and webinars to help with development.

It can be a little time consuming in the beginning to set up the look and feel of your videos, but with time it becomes easier. Otherwise, it is very intuitive.