Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over PowToon

Het alles-in-één platform van Powtoon maakt het eenvoudig om aangepaste video's te maken. Maak je eigen video's en dynamische presentatie. Snel. Eenvoudig.

Meer informatie over PowToon

I love the built in video vignettes to make a professional looking video. Considering all that you can do with this program, the pricing is more reasonable than the competition.

As far as loading times are concerned, there is no lag at all even if the elements already stack up.

Beoordelingen van PowToon

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

PowToon heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 391 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je PowToon eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (391)

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment Consultant in Panama
Chemicaliën, 51-200 werknemers

Powtoon is a great solution designed to create great business videos and eye-catching presentations.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Powtoon is an excellent graphic design tool, since it is not necessary to have advanced knowledge to create videos, and it can be used from day one, we can quickly familiarize ourselves with the commands and functions, rely on video tutorials, and generate professional results in a very short time. Powtoon allows us to develop amazing things and increase our organizational visibility without investing a lot of time to create exceptional quality products.

One of the most striking elements of Powtoon is the simplicity of its design, and the ability to generate professional quality products, with multiple applications for institutions that want to make short videos and show a procedure, promote a product, generate interactive instructions, and colorful, and much more.All these applications for daily use increase our possibility of generating content that increases sales, for example, making our brand more established in the market, and the most important thing is that we do not need professionals in the area of graphic design to generate spectacular videos from Powtoon.

Powtoon has expanded enormously and its use has spread very quickly, which has demanded the need to integrate with third parties to develop greater compatibility with products used in organizations. One of the best forms that Powtoon has adopted is integration through APIs, which guarantees connectivity with multiple existing systems in companies. In addition to that Powtoon is willing to listen to customer needs and constantly increase the number of tested and validated integrations.

Sheikh Sumon
Sheikh Sumon
Lead generation specialist in Bangladesh
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Create engaging content with PowToon.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: PowToon is highly user-friendly. It could assist you in producing interesting material that will draw viewers to you. I love how this program has so many features and tools, as well as the communication aspect. If you can utilize this program correctly, the final video clip you may produce with it will look really professional. Anyone who is prepared to spend the money for the pro edition of this software to utilize a superior content creation tool is encouraged to do so.

I've used editing programs for quite some time, but for such a low cost, this is the greatest one I've found thus far. With this tool, making animated video material is surprisingly simple. Many editing choices might be confusing to modify and utilize, but PowToon makes everything clear with its clear instructions. I have a few trustworthy buddies who work in the editing profession. Fortunately, I could add them to this application and get their feedback or use their assistance to improve my job. A plethora of templates are available for you to use. I can include text, music, and a lot more. I can even communicate with my team and manage them using this program.

There are a lot of limits in the free version, but that stands to reason.

Antoinette
Trainer in Zuid-Afrika
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Unethical Company with an easy to use product

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I keep going back and forth with them.. they keep making unneccessary changes and I am always finding myself on the backfoot. As a south african.. i cant afford to pay dollars to upgrade every time they are on a WHIM to change what we can and CAN NOT have as a PRO user. (they literally are forcing you to get pro plus and not all of us can actually afford that)

The product is easy to use, and response on queries is quick

I find this company to have some ETHICS problems. I have a PRO accoutn. And will create a numbe rof vidoes with different elements using my account. TWO MONTHS LATER i will want to edit something / add a translation.. and my vidoes are UNUSEABLE as they have upgraded some of my features for PRO PLUS users only.. almost forcing me to need to UPGRADE in order to use MY OWN vidoes i created 2 months ago. I find this very unethical. Now i cant redo those videos for my clients (who need some translating done) unless i PAY to upgrade. Its like they force you to upgrade to use a video you created 2 months ago.

yashsvi
software developer in India

"Review of PowToon"

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This software is really good. I am using this to create animated videos for the website or social media .The best thing is the analytics of video tracking. we can track the views and engagement of the video.

In this software lot of features are available . we can add the music in the video and add text and customize font size of the video, drag and drop feature is also available .

i do not thing there is anything to dislike about this software.

Olivia
General Manager in Kenia
Bankwezen, 201-500 werknemers

For excellent performance and smart workings, this is the most essential ingredient.

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent performance.Its amazing usability and flexibility makes it easy to create animated videos in every style.

This is the most Flexible software have ever used.its scalability and it's ease of use makes it compatible for me and my team.Have been using it to create quality videos and visual content for my clients.Has templates, which makes it easy for customization.Has this excellent features which magnifies their phenomenal work in your results.

No cons for this excellent software.It saves time and cost

Audrey
Marketing strategy manager in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Overall satisfied

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: In sum, I am quite satisfied with the tool despite some difficulties when creating my videos. I recommend to those who are going to buy this tool to listen carefully to the training videos that are made available to users. This will save a lot of time and not lose your work as it happened to me several times.

My favorite feature in this application is really the screen recording. In addition, you can add your avatar by taking your camera from your computer and it will show you in a circle with your video and you can give relevant content to your users while browsing your product (for us it's a web application ). It is a perfect tool for making training and explanatory videos. I also like the fact that there are many templates that allow me to make videos in just a few minutes and quite easily.

I had some difficulties with the platform. First of all, I bought the pro+ plan for our company and when I wanted to make a Christmas video, the songs were not available to add to my video, because it mentioned that it was only for those who had the pro plan. I mentioned the issue to support and two weeks later I still haven't heard from them.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Canva en Vimeo

Redenen om over te stappen op PowToon: We choose the PownToon product because of the multiple template that are offer to user. It is also very easy to start for a template and design it to our needs. It is also very easy to add some music and Voice over to the design.

Tinashe
Snr Pastor in Duitsland
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

"Versatile and customizable"

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we have come to find this software a valuable tool for creating engaging and visually appealing presentations, and this is mostly because we value that it brings ease of use, flexibility, and a wide range of application options to our creative arsenal.

Allowed us to create dynamic and visually attractive presentations. It offers a wide range of animations, transitions, and effects that brought our content to life and made it more engaging for our audience.

While Powtoon offers a decent library of templates, the selection is not as extensive compared to some other presentation tools. This limits our options, especially that we often use highly specialized and niche templates specific to our themes and messages.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Animaker en Moovly

Redenen om over te stappen op PowToon: Well it's inexpensive, we get value in every subscription. It's flexible and allows us to tweak our projects to our taste.

Hossamudin
Hossamudin
Founder in Egypte
Hoger onderwijs, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

A great animation cloud-based software, but kinda expensive

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent.

The variety of templates is one of the great features. So, I don't have to create a similar video every time; Each video is unique.

Well, the pricing. It is super high. Also, faced few issues with the Arabic language during the free trial. Could be fixed by now tho.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Vyond

Redenen om voor PowToon te kiezen: I was still learning animation, so I was trying too many tools like vyond, and animaker.

Overgestapt van: Animaker

Ummar
Ummar
Hosting Manager in Pakistan
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Interactive Animated Presentations

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft PowerPoint

Redenen om over te stappen op PowToon: Due to visual characters and animation as compared to simple textual animation.

Arheer
Arheer
Manager in India
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Animated videos can be easily created using PowToon

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Initially when I started using the platform, the features and functionalities seemed very difficult to understand. Once I understood the same I was able to professional animated videos. The videos made looked like the ones created by an experienced professional.

- PowToon offers large number of animated templates - Graphic and character quality is good - Royalty free music and objects are available for paid version

- Much customization is not possible - Downloaded files are heavy - A little expensive

Cleo
Designer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Not really useful unless you go Pro+

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's really easy to quickly create something that's, let's be honest, kind of corny, but for many situations that's fine. The tools are a joy to use and you can add your own artwork so you aren't really that limited. My biggest complaint (as I mentioned above in Cons) is that the tools are corrupted by the upsell items for Pro+. Just don't show me Pro+ features if I've already paid for Pro. Or at least give me a way to turn them off. Find another way to upsell.

Seriously easy to use. Using a template with its own audio, I was amazed at how smoothly the audio adjusted as you changed slide lengths. The tools are intuitive and things [transitions, modifications, adding/removing time, etc.] that are difficult in a lot of video editing packages are simple. There may be fewer features to tweak but in some ways that what makes it so easy to use. I like that you can add your own graphics - this makes it a powerful base if you want to deviate from the more cutesy look that's provided by default.

I'm constantly annoyed at the ongoing upsell to Pro+. I'm tricked into being disappointed at every turn. Choices of characters, items, templates, etc are shown but often it's not until you click on them that you discover they are only available to Pro+ plans. In a grid of possible templates, there were 54 Pro+ I couldn't use - I had to scroll over each one to discover they were Pro+. I asked Support if there was a way to hide the features that I couldn't access (turn off all Pro+) but they said no. Paying over $200 for Pro seems like a lot these days and I would be more satisfied with my purchase if I weren't constantly shown all the things I can't get with that money.

Patti
SAP Trainer and End User Support Specialist in VS
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Fun and easy to use

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views.

I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap. I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times. When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

Tara
Online Business Manager in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A Fun and Creative Way to Make Impactful Explainer Videos

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a well-run company and the support is excellent. It's a fun product to learn and use and it really allows you to be quite creative in your presentations.

They're continually evolving their product and that's what makes it so great. They keep finding ways to make it faster and easy to make explainer videos. They have an outstanding library of tools and elements you can use to really create outstanding videos. They have excellent templates to start with so you don't have to start with just a blank design canvas. Their support team is outstanding -- definitely one of the best that I've dealt with.

Since I don't use it daily, as I do with other apps, sometimes it takes a while to remember how to do things. You can't always find the design elements you need. It can get quite expensive if you want access to more monthly exports, storage, and customization options.

Ana
professor in Venezuela

I love how the presentations are, although it is not as fast to learn how to use it as I expected.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: what most took advantage of this application was the use of storyboard because I did not have much knowledge in making animations of this type.

- It has very nice templates and the icons, images and shapes look very modern. - I can use it for free, with some limitations of course. - the elements on the screen are very well organized and have guidelines to correctly place what you want to show. - allows you to share presentations or videos through popular social networks and download them in various formats depending on the type of account, for free accounts you can download it in ppt or pdf format. - It has good tutorials to learn how to use the application and the help center is good. - It allows to choose between several styles of presentations such as: real, infographics, cartoon, whiteboard and modern edge. - The storyboard function is quite useful and practical since it adapts to the type of person who will make the presentation and guides you throughout the process.

- In spite of the tutorials and help it is not so easy to use it the first time, you have to dedicate a considerable time in learning how to make animations, if you are looking for something to make animated videos quickly this application or is for you. - the free account only allows videos or presentations with a maximum duration of 3 minutes and pro and agency accounts are quite expensive. - he does not have options of collaboration with other people for the edition.

A new, creative way to do aid presentations

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great for aiding presentations

PowToon is a great software that one can use to create attractive, creative presentations using cartoon characters. The animations are fun and interesting and the great transitions make it more fun to watch and keeps your audience engaged, A major plus is that the character set is diverse and there are a lot to choose from. There is also lot of support and tutorials online for users to learn from.

Lovely software, but one of the cons that I encountered was that when my projects got too large, its seems to use a lot of CPU power because my computer lags. Another con, for those user who love freebies, the free version has a lot of restrictions.

Rebecca
Graphic Designer in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Good product for beginners

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is good. It's a good product for beginners.

How easy it is to use the software. It's very simple to add, make edits, and download videos in PowToon.

I wish editing video clips was easier in PowToon. You are required to use the full clip of the video inside of PowToon which is a negative thing, in my opinion.

Jen
Owner in VS
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fantastic - has helped me connect with customers in an awesome format!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Create products that I can sell that are really fun to create!

My customers are school parents and the cartoon options really grab their attention. I love telling stories through pictures and find it so much easier to put a presentation together on powtoon than any other presentation tool I've used or to write long text.

It's at the top of my budget limit. But the features are all fantastic and they keep rolling out new ones (like square format and mobile optimized) that help me expand my product offerings.

Hanaa
Hanaa
Associate Video Creation in Sri Lanka
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

The best video creating software for beginner!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is one of the best investments we have made. It is very convenient and a good platform to training as well.

Very convenient and easy to use. The features help us put our creativity into action with little effort. From explainer to animation, you have pre-set templates you can use. There is an array of music to choose from too. You can put together a decent video within a couple of hours.

Rendering for larger videos take a very long time, but it is quite usual in most platforms.

Dr. Arnie
Dr. Arnie
Owner in Canada
Animatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Lots of Pow in Powtoon

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I had had nothing but positive experiences from Powtoon. The software is amazing, the support is amazing and so are the people - some of whom I've met in person.

I have been using this software for 5 years to produce high quality, professional looking animated explainer videos. There are a lot of different character styles and assets style like 2D, whiteboard, infographic, live to choose from. They provide the too and it's open to your imagination. New features added constantly that make this software very versatile.

Some features need to be added - better timeline, ability to encase videos, camera motion for example.

Hoger onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

Quickly Create Pretty Videos!

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Aside from the obvious reason that PowToon is FREE, I also like that you can create a professional-looking video without all of the headache of learning an in-depth software program. PowToon has several templates to choose from and you can just edit your information/content into the project easily.

It's a little annoying that you cannot sort through the templates (free vs. paid) and can only see ALL. You think you like a template and it turns out to be a paid upgrade. If you use PowToon enough, you will start to notice other videos/users that use PowToon and that kind of dilutes the quality. You start to see the same recycled template over and over.

Adel
Consultant in Maleisië
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Worth the investment, just a couple of functions needed

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using Powtoon business since 2015, very satisfied with the product except for the mentioned cons above.
Anyone with a basic knowledge about video editing can use it, the platform is straight forward, pick an animation template, and start editing it or create your own from scratch.

-If you are used to any video software, Powtoon will be easy for you to use. -A good library of scenes, props, sounds, text, sounds, shapes images... -Export rendering time takes a couple of minutes. -Good support: I just used it twice but the answers were fast and clear. -Good pricing.

-No sound time line: if we insert a sound/music it plays on all the animation! -The animation templates library is not often updated. -The whole platform can be better: here, I'am talking about the navigation between the sections of the sites, for exemple, even as a paid member and connected to the account, I still see the pricing table and the front page etc, a bit confusing at first, but that's not a big deal.

Ron
teacher in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Caveat Emptor!

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Caveat Emptor! I made a simple proof-of-concept video after signing up for a Powtoon education plan and inadvertently included a “special” feature. Though it was very clearly stated in the Terms & Conditions, and it’s my fault for not grasping that nuance, once I exported this silly little video, I was not able to request a refund even though it was only a day later. ** I was totally in the wrong. ** I read about the 14-day cancellation policy. I didn’t realize until it was too late that on page 21 of their 23-page T&C, that once I export a video with this “special” feature, I have waived all my rights to a refund. It was a 90 second silly proof-of-concept just to test the export. I didn’t realize I triggered the refund waiver. My bad. I asked then to please reconsider and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said “Please know that this was agreed on our Terms and Conditions.
You have exported your Powtoons usng (sic) paid features, we no longer refund this I am sorry.”
It appears they need my $48 more than I do and given that there are about 40 million unemployed people I guess I should find other things to be worried about, but when a company treats people (customers or not) like this, I figure I should at least say something to the world.

It looked like a cost-effective solution to a situation I faced at work during the sudden shift to e-learning during the Spring 2020 COVID19 pandemic.

Read the fine print. Especially if you're just experimenting or using your own money.

Jessica
Director in Malta
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic Support

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It is really easy to use! I can use it for anything: in my work, in my personal life ...

I love this software! There is nothing I would change about this software!

Jacki
Marketing in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Intro to Video Design

4,0 vorig jaar

Powtoon makes editing videos easy & for simple designs/animations, it’s the best program I have used. It is a very user-friendly program and offers enough features to keep videos interesting. My company does not make more than 2 videos a month, so Powtoon is perfect for occasional use.

The website glitches a lot, at least once a month my coworkers or I have issues with the site loading. When it works, it’s great, but it is very glitchy. Another thing that isn’t great about PowToon is that it is hard to move items around on the page, there are no guides to make sure you are centered.

Omima
Teacher in Verenigde Arabische Emiraten
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

PowToon review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I can create my own lesson easy and made my own video or make animation to make the lesson interactive . I can found some resource from the app. and got some ideas to my lesson. I can used the audio to help my students to make practice to speak and listening very well. engaged my students during the class.

lack of variety in characters. limited animations. lack of support for video files.