Best practice management system I have used

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019
Alexis A.
CEO & Managing Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Practice Panther as my main case managment system. My team and I LIVE on this software. It is far better than the alternatives I have used in the past and in other firms. We have it downloaded on all computers and phones for easy access in court at all times.

Pluspunten: I like the intuitive interface, clean look, and the ability to customize my own workflows.

Minpunten: I would like to see a private server capability added in instead of having to rely on Box. One that we can access via VPN would be helpful. I wish we could add in a bit more automation customization. For example, I would like to be able to send my clients a customized email with attachments and helpful info before specific events, rather than the generic reminder email. I would also like the ability to create conditional logic in certain events.

User-friendly software but there are still room for improvement to effectively serve larger firms

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Aska O.
Chief Legal Administrator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: (continued from Cons) This sorting function for customized fields will potentially save us a lot of time. (3) Tags are great features, but the ability to sort the data using the tag is very limited. When you search using multiples tags, the software only recognize it as Tag 1 "AND" Tag 2, and gives you data that has BOTH tags. For instance, it's only "Show data that has Tag A AND Tag B". You can't do "Show me the data that has Tag A OR Tag B". You can't search data that DOES NOT have the specific tag either. If the search function in Tags was more comprehensive, it will allow users to expand the usage of tags and give users more flexibility as to how we can efficiently search the data we need. Practice Panther Tech Support has been aware of the suggestions listed above. However, there has not been any update on the progress, and we do not know if these functions will be ever available. We definitely would like to see them implemented very soon. I am open to revise this review once these functionalities become available.

Pluspunten: This software is intuitive, easy to navigate and very user-friendly. Tech support is promptly available and they are very patient. Practice Panther continues to make improvements on the software and they listen to their customers feedback. They have fixed our issues with our calendar being very slow to load. It's fast now and working very well.

Minpunten: There are still room for improvement in terms of features and functions. (1) The format (layout) of the calendar is not user-friendly for mid to large firms with more than 10 employees. Everyone's events are scattered across the calendar and overlap with each other which makes difficult to identify availability for specific staff. Events are displayed with different colors assigned to each staff. It's hard to follow 10+ different colors on computer screen and it is definitely not working for staff who are color-blind. It's really difficult to see who has appointments at each hour throughout the day. We suggested to have columns for each staff so that it only takes a glance to identify who is available when, just like how calendars are in Time Matters from Lexis Nexis. (2) Sorting function for customized fields is not available unfortunately. What makes this software great is the customization you can make to fit it to your exact needs. However, customized fields are not sort-able, and without the sorting function for the customized fields, data is not as valuable and usable as it should be. As a legal administrator who manages the data and runs productivity report for legal staff, we are currently spending a lot of time downloading the information from the software to MS Excel, sorting and manipulating the data in Excel, and finally coming back to the PracticePanther to make necessary changes within the software. (Continues to overall experience)

Amazing program!

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Scott m. W.
Lawyer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I bought this program when I first opened my practice about 2.5 years ago. I knew going into my own firm that I wanted a comprehensive client management tool. After spending hours online reviewing various programs, I decided to give the 30-day free trial a shot. I think I purchased the monthly subscription immediately after starting to use the program. Since that time, I have built on my knowledge, incorporating the MailChimp and QBO features first, then started learning how to streamline my document preparation through the template feature. What would have previously taken me multiple hours a week to manage, now takes minutes.

Pluspunten: PracticePanther is intuitive and very user friendly. It has a ton of features that expedite minuscule tasks and free up admin time. It syncs with all my favorite resources, like QBO, MailChimp, and Box, making communication with clients a lot easier and keeps routine mailings operational. If you use a lot of form templates, the template builder is a major time saver and cuts down on user error and oversights. I use this program every day in my law office and am very grateful for how easy it is. Even better, the customer support team is phenomenal. I rarely have any issues with the program (it is easy to use), but when I run into something I need help with, a quick message to the PP team is responded to within minutes and the problem is solved or at a minimum I am given an update and expected time of completion. I couldn't recommend this program more to a solo or small legal practice.

Minpunten: Nothing, the team is constantly updating its software and programs that it connects to. They provide online videos to help and I frequently learn of new ways to use the program from regular updates by the team.

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 22-11-2018

Thank you so much Scott for the extra kind feedback!

Easy to use practice management software with top-end functionality at low price

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2018
Zach N.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy of keeping track of deadlines and client contacts. Overall, the best practice management software I have seen for the price. I would say this performs better than CLIO (I've used it with ALL of the add-ons), way better than AMICUS and MyCase and similar to ABACUS. They need to add a matter pre-billing function to run attorney's fees reports and allow you to copy/paste e-mails into the matter, but otherwise this is a perfect solution for most practitioners. Unless you are using the rules-based calendaring in ABACUS or Westlaw's Firm Central, I have not seen a product that is nearly as useful on the market.

Pluspunten: Unlike a number of the cheaper practice management software programs on the market today, Practice Panther has a wide range of functions within the software which are easy to use. Instead of just having "Tasks" or "to-dos", PP allows you to create Activities which can be "Events" "E-mails" "Phone calls" or "Tasks". On the Task front, PP allows you to set sub-reminders that can send you e-mails or text messages in advance, like say "7 days before," and "3 days before," for a filing deadline. I also think it is pretty fantastic that PP shows whether a time entry has been completed for EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY marked "completed" or "in progress". This would be incredibly useful for practitioners (mostly civil) managing staff and trying to deal with staff not accounting for all of their time in billing. The "mail sync" function is also easy to use, and allows you to e-mail out of your native software (MS Outlook, GMAIL, etc) and simply "bcc" the client matter itself. When you do this, the e-mail is automatically saved into the matter. Almost every other program out there that I have used requires you to use their client messaging portal to get the same functionality. The templates are easy to use for creating documents to merge out of PP also. Think client engagement letters, releases, and basic letterheads that you use in every file. We don't use PP for accepting payments so I cannot comment on that portion.

Minpunten: 1. Matter pre-bills or invoicing. In many civil cases there will be a time when you need to prepare a billing report to present to the court solely for a claim of attorney's fees. In other software that I have used, you can run a report for a set period of time or type of billing entries which will then create a printable draft invoice-looking document. You would then be able to slap an exhibit sticker on that document and use it for your attorney's fee request. I haven't found a way to easily do this in PP yet, and it seems like you would have to utilize a draft invoice which captures all time billed in the matter. I could be wrong. 2. No Batch Entry System for E-mails. PP has a GREAT syncing system that works with your native e-mail so you can BCC messages into the matter when you send or receive them. However, if you forget to include the mail-sync in your BCC line, or don't forward a message to the mail-sync, there is no easy way to subsequently get the e-mails into the matter in PP. What I mean is this: say you have a number of e-mails from someone that weren't saved into a client PP matter and instead lived in your Outlook before the client actually hired. You would have to manually forward each one of your emails to the mail-sync to get them into PP. Additionally, if you are a federal criminal lawyer and use CORRLINKS to communicate with your clients you will know that you can't forward out of that system. PP doesn't let you copy/paste emails so your stuck.

A well designed CRM and so far, we cannot be happier with the product

Beoordeeld op 13-4-2018
Sofia M.
Director & Principal Lawyer
Juridische dienstverlening
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Part of M Legal's mission is to stay innovative. Practice Panther (PP) as a case relationship management (CRM) tool has redesigned how the firm works overall. The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. This has been a real game-changer for the business. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. This has also given a level of transparency across the practice as lawyers can pick up any file from where the last person left off and delegate their work during absences. This transparency was a key selling point for us as we believe it is a core component of running an effective law firm.

Pluspunten: The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes.
We have experienced our fair share of poor technical support teams when using other software programs. With PP, despite the time differences between Miami and Sydney, their technical support team are always available, whether it is through the chat portal, email or by phone. Each technical person is professional, knowledgeable and continues to take care of your matter until it is resolved. Further, they always have something new to teach you about the PP system on each call. I cannot express how impressed we are, with what we consider as stellar service from this tech support team.

Minpunten: Naturally, a product such as this is not going to have universal application across all legal fields. I would say that in the immigration space the status of a case is really important, so having a status bar that is customisable would be a feature that could be improved. Also, a lot of our data from clients are taken from in-take forms - we require intake forms that are easier to build and that have the capability of storing more information. While these are work in progress type issues, this certainly does not take away from PP's product, which we believe is a well designed and thought through CRM system.

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2017
Tara M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Before PracticePanther my client information was all over my computer. I kept track of billable hours and financials in Exel, client emails in Google, and my forms (intake, representation, agreements, court filings etc) in Word. This meant in order to have everything as it pertained to a specific client in one place, I had to print everything out. And, I was using nonlegal software to send out billing invoices which lead to long hours of transcribing information from Excel to the service I was using. The rate of error of retyping information like addresses or agreements or billable hours into different software programs was high. I am a solo practitioner who does not have a clerk, secretary or paralegal. So after a long day of work, I then had to become the marketing, IT and accounting departments. I spent a lot of time doing things two and three times. I knew I needed a case management system but was afraid it would be too expensive or time consuming to learn. After doing my due diligence I found PracticePanther. Not only was PP one of the most affordable options out there, they had very intuitive methods of doing things so the learning curve did not take much time. Now anything and everything pertaining to a specific client is kept in one place. All billables, emails, evidence, representation agreements I even enter details of phone calls and meetings I have on matters in the Notes section for each matter so I have a documented history of what was discussed on what day. PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%. I use that time to grow my practice, network or do pro bono work.

Pluspunten: I love the IT help, the invoicing system and the templates feature. I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of help in the beginning. Being able to schedule times to discuss my issues with the IT guys at PracticePanther was great. The fact that they can take over your computer remotely so they can see what you see in real time is even better. Their response time to non-scheduled issues is pretty fast. I have also found their FAQs and how to videos to be extremely helpful but having a live person to speak with who can access your computer is just as good as having someone standing next to me while I work. The invoicing system is phenomenal. It keeps track of all of my client banking accounts. I can see at any time how much is in my IOLTA account, how much is in my operating account, how much a client owes, how much a client has paid and how much I have billed a client but not yet invoiced. I can do this client by client, matter by matter or as an overall total. LawPay is free if you sign up through PracticePanther which is awesome because it handles my credit card transactions and when a client pays, it automatically updates my invoicing and accounts. PracticePanther also knows how to deduct things from a client's retainer when sending out an invoice so you don't have to worry about that either. Their timing device feeds right into the system. It is awesome.

Great Legal Practice Management software that is not expensive

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2016
Hamish S.
Principal
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a sole practitioner and I was looking for legal practice management software that was easy to use and reasonably comprehensive. Previously I had recommended ActionStep to my previous colleagues in a 4-5 lawyer lawfirm. This was also a good product, but PracticePanther in my view is better in many ways. For cloud storage I use Box, and this connects easily with PracticePanther so that I can see all the documents that relate to a matter. PracticePanther uses a simple tab structure for each matter so that you can easily and quickly look at notes, activities, time records, payments, invoices etc. I'm really quite impressed with the software and would recommend it to anyone. It is very easy to see what you have been paid in a given period, what you are owed, and what you have to bill. I'm only one user, but you can have many users and each can see this from the dashboard screen. I'm a bit of a techie person and I've spent many hours investigating the different legal practice management software systems. PracticePanther comes a clear first, for my needs.

Pluspunten: There are many things I like about the software. The main ones are:
- The search function. This makes searching for contacts or matters very easy. This is available on many of the screens as well as the dashboard.
- The price is very reasonable for a sole practitioner, and cheaper than the other software I have investigated
- Easy to create templates
- The screens are easy to understand and its a joy to use the software
- its relatively easy to import contacts (which i did from my gmail)
- billing is really good
- the client portal is amazing (you can even see when your client's read their invoices)
- it is improving all the time - there are regular weekly and monthly updates
- I find the relationships tab really useful to keep all my contacts related to the matter together for each of use
- there are many other pros about this software - try it and see for yourself

Minpunten: - the software is not perfect - it would be good if viewing emails from external email (e.g. gmail) could be improved so that they are more readable
- secure messages could be improved to allow attaching multiple files without the need to zip
- greater connection with Box so that Box's sharing could be linked to a contact without the need to manually enter the contacts email address when you are inside the contact's matter

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 22-8-2016

Thanks for the glowing review Hamish! Happy you enjoy the software, we're improving every week and love your constant feedback.

Great and improving all the time!

Beoordeeld op 6-7-2016
Michael M.
Managing Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is an update to a previous review I made. The folks at Panther are impressive. They've taken recommendations I and others have made and implemented them; they've quickly addressed issues I've had; and they are always courteous and responsive. The overall layout has vastly improved since my first review, and looks downright beautiful. We live by the search feature and it now works on custom fields. Custom fields can now also be listed in reports. You can now group custom fields so that you may show only those fields in a matter or contact that pertain to their specific situation. We have structured Panther so we can use it as a basic CRM...which is an immense work-flow savings for us. We asked for Dropbox integration and what they produced is perfect (considering the limitations of Dropbox). Time keeping is a snap and reachable from any screen. We asked to be able to a log call without assigning it to a matter, and they changed that so now we can. The tasking feature and its integration with the calendar is fantastic, I could not service so many clients without it. And the Panther folks have taken it on themselves to make some minor changes that have made the workflow of using the program much faster than in my previous review. I now can answer the question I posed in my earlier review of whether I love or hate Panther: We love it. I admit that it's not perfect (a couple of basic features in billing need to be addressed before I am willing to use that portion of the program), but Panther saves us many hours a week. I tried many firm management products before settling on Practice Panther, and I am glad I stayed with them. It's already better than the others, and it keeps getting better all the time thanks to their team. You cannot go wrong choosing Practice Panther. Final note: To my surprise one lawyer told me Panther seemed expensive. Really?! It seems well priced to me, and if you try to save a few dollars a month with some inferior product you will pay dearly for that choice in lost time.

Pluspunten: Beautiful layout, easy to use, functions as a basic CRM, matter and time management, and billing program all in one.

Minpunten: Flat fee billing is not well thought out, and the billing module presents clients with a reckoning of my operating account as well as their trust account. (I understand Panther may have made the operating account info optional by now, or that is in their near term plan.)

Working with Practice Panther

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2017
Thalia R.
Partner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The user-interface is designed for quick and easy navigation. You can look at your dashboard and very clearly see everything you need to know for your day to run smoothly (well as smoothly as possible). It is cost effective and the onboarding and training are taken care of with Practice Panther's incredible customer service.

Pluspunten: Before PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage. While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.

Minpunten: I would like to see the software integrate with more programs. Quickbooks is great, but my brain works better with Wave Accounting; LawPay is great, but being able to integrate with PayPal also, would be even better. However, these are minor things and not worth seeking a different program I like as much as Practice Panther. I had shopped around quite a bit before choosing Practice Panther; I doubt I would find anything I like as much. Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 20-12-2017

Thalia, I am so happy to let you know we are about to release our new API and Zapier integration, which will open the door to MANY more integrations. We highly recommend LawPay for a number of reasons, but if you must use PayPal, we do have an integration available. We will reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you so much!

Simple sophisticated software that will simplify your practice

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2017
Richard F.
Principal Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is a complete solution for my practice. I am a single solo so the document automation, notes, time entries and billing are a great way to save time and effort.

Pluspunten: One of the best features of the software is not so much a feature but the logic employed in designing the flow of data. I have used a number of the more popular programs and can heartily recommend this as the best I have found. The ease of use makes it a top choice if you have staff that will use it. I am a single solo and it is not one of my concerns yet. But, I can't see anyone not understanding the flow of information. The automation is superb. Document assembly is easy and logical. One of the best features is the Forms generator. Email the form to your client or prospective client - they fill it out - and it goes right into your data. No need to waste time inputting names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other data you would like to have handy in your file. Tracking time is a breeze as is generating invoices, tracking retainer accounts, tracking trust accounts and more (I find the accounting component more than meets my needs). Over time you will come to rely on the information in the program over the physical file. It has become my organizational hub for all that I do.

Minpunten: I would like to see a thick book explaining all the capabilities and limits. The support people are great and can answer any question - I just like to read it and push the software to its limits. I have used PP for some time - moving to another package for some time. At twice the price - it did less. In my brief time away the product dramatically improved & I am back and very happy.

Great Product!

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2017
Joseph M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recently switched to PracticePanther after 20 years using different version of Amicus Attorney. While Amicus helped me to keep my practice moving for years, the lack of continuing support for the product and meaningful changes caused me to start looking at alternatives. After researching the current crop of practice management programs and downloading several demo's, I ended subscribing to the PracticePanther team. The first reason I chose PP was the fact that I was able to create "workflows" that automate a ton of the tasks required for several practices areas. For example, a new misdemeanor criminal case can have the misdemeanor workflow that I created applied and all of the steps for the cases are automatically generated. The scheduling of the first client meeting, initial hearing, filing of our appearance, requesting discovery, sending discovery, attending the pretrial conference, plea meeting with client and change of plea hearing all become tasks or calendar events with just the touch of a button. My assistant then just needs to coordinate the dates for all of the auto-generated tasks or events in order to have the file completely organized. The workflow also assigns the responsibility for completion of tasks automatically to me or my staff so we all are reminded of what needs to take place next. The second selling feature for me was the automated email and text-message reminders that can be generated to the client (and to staff if desired). I like that I receive a text reminder from my dentist's office and wanted something similar. For all events that I create within the workflow, I can assign the reminder details. This has significantly lowered the number of no-shows that I have for office meetings and court hearings and reduces the staff time that was spent before calling to remind clients of court dates and meetings. The third key feature that I really wanted was the secure client portal feature. The portal allows me to hand incoming clients an Ipad to have them fill out their intake information that we would need to create a new client file. Once the client has completed the information on the Ipad, it automatically creates a new contact within the PP system and we can then easily generate a new matter if we are hired. For clients that we choose to work with, they are also sent an email invitation to open their secure portal, thus allowing them access to their online file within the PP system. Clients love it.

Pluspunten: Great tools, great automation, great customer support

Minpunten: There are continuing areas that we could further automate to make the product even more amazing.

Solo Practice Law Firm

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018
Stephanie J.
Attorney At Law
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Practice Panther has been great with helping me stay on track with my QuickBooks accounting; and staying organized with client files. As a solo practitioner, it was important for me to be able to do all things necessary to maintain a viable business, and perform at a peak level for my clients while juggling every hat. Practice Panther has exceeded my expectations.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, and tutorials that allowed me to quickly gain the requisite knowledge for utilizing each feature were absolutely critical to starting my law firm. One of the greatest assets to Practice Panther is its amazing team. I love the one on one trainings, and how many of the features I had questions about were already on the agenda for discussion (provided by the team member conducting the training ahead of time). Thus, saving me time, and only needing me to add additional ones, if necessary. I love the tutorials, templates, pop ups, and live chat features. Live chats have been so helpful in a pinch when I encounter a new challenge with things like linking two client matters together. I love how links to possible video tutorials pop up, while I am waiting for a team member to reply, to see if my question can be answered with one of the step by step videos . I use those videos for future references all the time.

Minpunten: There is nothing I do not like about the software. I only had one hiccup with syncing the LawPay feature with Practice Panther, and one of my client's could not submit their credit card payment online. There was an additional step after your LawPay account is approved, and you must go into your Practice Panther account settings to select the banking accounts that you want to use with LawPay. There were no instructions for this step in the process. However, this appeared to be more of a LawPay issue due to the 3 day time delay for approving the LawPay account. Because Practice Panther is so easy to use, I was actually able to figure out where the problem was, and get my client's payment through within a few minutes. Both Practice Panther and LawPay were quick on responding to the issue, and did an amazing job.

Legal Software - Very Complete

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Adria A.
Foreign Attorney
Juridische dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Practice Panther is that it makes our work tracking and communication in between the team and with clients SO easy. I would recommend this platform because it is a very friendly software with a good price.

Pluspunten: What I loved about this software is that it is very complete. It allows you to have a database of all your clients with all the information you will need to work on their case. Also, time tracker to track work time for every client. It doesn't only do that, it allows you to issue an invoice and send it to clients. In addition to this, the program allows to create matters, this makes it very easy to track the work and very useful because every client we had could have several matters open. The task assignment is amazing and the calendar features incredible. The support I received whenever I had an issue, was very good quality.

Minpunten: What I didn't like was that it has an amazing sync with your dropbox and email BUT if you deleted any matter the whole folder in dropbox erased. So, if we deleted something just to close the case it would be deleted from our database in dropbox. We as lawyer, needed to keep files for at least 3 years.

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 31-8-2018

Hey Adria thank you for your awesome review!

I am glad to see that you are taking advantage of the easy features we offer and our world class customer support.

The DropBox sync does not delete your folder out if a matter is deleted on PracticePanther!

I will be reaching out to your firm to get you taken care of. Additionally, we have an amazing feature where you can mark a matter as "closed" rather than deleting it so that you can have all your information on the system and still run and view accurate reports!

We will speak soon!

Practice Panther Time Keeping and Billing for Attorneys

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Michael H.
Owner/Managing Attorney
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have always been terrible at time keeping and billing. I have probably left Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars on the table by failing to properly keep track of my time and billing. With Practice Panther I am encouraged to keep track of my time and billing because it is fun and easy to do. And I am now on top of past due bills, who is paying on time, and when to prompt clients its time to pay up!

Pluspunten: I really like two features the most. First, is the absolutely fabulous customer support that I receive. I get answers within less than 60 minutes from the time I contact them. Second is the ease of use. Practice Panther is almost intuitive in its use. If the answer doesn't jump out at you, there are tons of training videos available and the online customer help is spot on.

Minpunten: I use the basic Essential Monthly Plan. It is the lowest cost but the value is exceptional. I do wish I had some of the additional features in the higher priced plans but those don't fit my budget currently. Those features I can supplement with my own documents or programs.

Fantastic Case Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Alicia H.
Senior Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Panther to manage all of my legal cases, deadlines, calendar, client information, expenses, time entries. I would like to integrate some other features, such as accepting payment, but I'll get to that in time. I know it's there.

Pluspunten: There are too many to list. On the top - great customer service. I'll say that again - great customer service! Ability to have Panther open in two or more screens to perform various tasks at the same time. Ease of use. Being able to create work flows. Customizable (not sure if that's a word, but it is true.) Multiple time entry screen. Being able to export time and expense entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Mobile app for on the go. Tasks and deadline reminders to my cell phone. Oh - and a great price! Plus the Practice Panther team is always updating and improving the software. Tutorials? Super helpful.

Minpunten: Probably the most annoying thing is that when I come in to work the dashboard is not updated to reflect the new day. I have to refresh. There are a few fields that don't let me edit them (because I messed them up and now want to clean them up). Um.... maybe when I lose my time entries because the computer goes down, but I'm not sure I attribute that to Panther. Perhaps an auto save in the background?

Why did I wait so long?

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019
Linda M.
Forensic Document Examiner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Until we found PP, we were posting our files in OneDrive and having to search for things that we should not need to. Quickbooks is inadequate for billing legal-type work and there was no way to run any kind of conflict check without making a spreadsheet and manually adding new clients and inquiries. Now, all we do is put everything in PP. There we can see the progress of our cases, billing, calendars, tasks assignments, project plans and do conflict checks based on more than just the case caption or attorneys. Each case has tag options for identifying the type of work we are doing or any other significant aspect of the case and we can use that also for finding things within the matter or inside our entire database. What's more, it works with OneDrive, so all of our documents are accessible within the program.
This is just what we needed and more...

Pluspunten: As a small practice, I needed to organize and implement an office management system that I could use if my assistant was not here. This software is the most intuitive, responsive and useful that I have tried...and I have test driven four of the top recommended products. I have everything I need in one package; whereas, other companies require additional packages to connect to email and form templates. The learning curve has been very small. Both of us here have not had any training yet and are up and running (for the most part) after only a week or so. Now we will be taking advantage of the great training videos and one-on-one training to hone our skills and use it to its fullest extent.

Minpunten: So far, our experience has only been positive. Graphics are simple and somewhat old-fashioned, BUT they work great for finding things...that's what counts.

Best firm management software on the market with the most personable company behind it!

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2018
Lee B.
Founder/Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easily the most user-friendly law firm management software on the market with an awesome company and support staff behind it. Keeps me organized and streamlines everything from contacts and calendars to billing and invoicing. Changed the way my law firm runs.

Pluspunten: User-friendly - Learning curve is easily the lowest of any firm management software out there
Support - Short training videos and support chat are right at your fingertips and easy to use so you get the most out of the software. Support staff are personable and very responsive - no waiting for days to get answers
Integration - Easily syncs with commonly used products like Quickbooks, Gmail, Outlook, and other legal software
Price - The price is competitive and gets you more bang for your buck compared to other software out there. They also partner with other companies which allows them to add little freebies, like covering the cost of your LawPay account if you use it. I expect they will keep giving cool incentives like that.
This software and company have changed how I run my law firm. I'm a believer and I hope they continue to do great things.

Minpunten: Still developing - PP is still developing so you do run into hiccups sometimes, but it is still the easiest firm management software to use and I have not had an issue yet that was not resolved by a quick chat session with support staff. They are continuing to add features and developing the product all the time, so I am excited to see what they do - really looking forward to seeing what they do with voice command integration

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 29-3-2018

Hey Lee! Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in on our system's ease of use and quick access to our support teams, that will never change.

We have many exciting new features rolling out this quarter so keep an eye on your inbox!

As far as voice integration goes, we already integrate with Alexa through a program called Tali for logging your time through speech. Please check them out and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for being part of the PracticePanther family!

We have been very happy with the process and responsiveness of PP. Happy we took the plunge.

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Philip F.
Managing Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are becoming more efficient and better able to service our clients at a higher level. It ultimately will allow me to market our firm even better. My team is getting very excited about it.
Everything has been positive thus far. There is a lot to learn on the software. As we have a lot of people working with the software at once, it results in people achieving knowledge quickly. However, that is to be expected with any practice management software. The good thing is that PP personnel are always there to help.

Pluspunten: We are just getting started with the software and have been implementing only for a few weeks. I will update my experience again in about one month.
Although we were efficient, we were not hyper-efficient before Practice Panther. Also, although we are a very systematic firm with set processes, our significant growth made it impossible for us to sustain the systems without a practice management software. From what I have seen, Practice Panther allows us to become hyper efficient because of the following:
1. We are now able to input data one time rather than several times allowing our staff to work on more things and learn more substantive tasks.
2. Inputting information then populates forms and sets up matters.
3. We are able to task and monitor the tasks without relying on memory, sticky notes, pads of paper and task lists.
4. All of the information is now in one place without the need of navigating through various portions of our database.
5. Our clients are happy with the immediate availability and access to their documents without having to request it via email and the ability to communicate through the portal.
6. I believe that the system will allow us to increase capacity and scale our practice.Our model is simple. We try to make the experience for our clients seamless and effortless through the use of portals and constant access to the resources of our firm. The technology will allow us to compete against larger firms.

Easy and efficient

Beoordeeld op 11-7-2017
Terry L.
Principal/Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system.
Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.

Pluspunten: Other than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.

Minpunten: I am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.

Love the product but technical issues are problematic

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018
Lawyer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: If you are a solo with a few clients and few files, it will work great. But as you grow, it becomes increasingly difficult to filter out the closed and unwanted files and clients.

Pluspunten: Super simply to use. The dashboard snapshot of a case if fantastic. You can see how much is trust, the next task, etc.

Minpunten: I absolutely loved the software until issues began developing with how it syncs with Box. Files and documents would go missing. Every time we reached out to tech support we were told "user error." It didn't seem right. But then, after paying careful attention, we began to show it was NOT user error but the software remapping the location of various folders into places that we weren't looking. Half of the call was spent convincing tech support that it wasn't us, but them. They would then look into and find out that it was a software glitch.

van PracticePanther Legal Software op 24-12-2018

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience and your honest feedback. We have not had this issue with our Box integration with other customers, and are very sorry to hear that the support team did not resolve this in a timely and helpful manner. We strongly believe we have the best software in the market, and we strive to couple that with the best customer support in the industry. This situation definitely falls short of this, and we want to get this issue resolved for you. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with a reference to this review and any past interactions with the support team, and we will address it as soon as possible. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to improve your experience with PracticePanther in the future!

TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY CAN ADAPT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2018
Jonathan G.
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The customer service reps are always available (through the website/app!) and are extremely flexible as far as meeting individual requests. The software overall is very intuitive and once the basic information is inputted, training other attorneys and staff is easy. The PracticePanther reps even offered to help with training and do individualized training as necessary!
The iphone app is simple yet you can do everything on it you need to - right from court. I never have to worry about missing court dates or even reminders to review certain files or specific documents because in less than a minute I can have a task set, reminders set, and it will popup as I set it. The calendar syncs with Google Calendar and they imported all of our client contacts from Quickbooks Online, saving us many hours of data entry.
We are getting into the more advanced functions like templates, workflows, and other automation and that's really where the software shines. You create the custom fields, you choose what information is important for every matter, and you can add-on as you are creating matters. The flexibility and ease of access to everything - including client files from DropBox, which can mirror any network - is unrivaled.
Really happy we went with PracticePanther. The amount of time saved having customer care/customer service always available is invaluable. Highly recommended for law firms of all sizes.

Minpunten: Still working on getting the office transitioned from a paper filing and calendaring system to online. So the one suggestion I would have is to maybe have an app for the calendar that is independent from the phone app - similar to google calendar.
Also, there should be a way to turn the default settings to "Do not email assignees" when a workflow is applied. But that's a tiny suggestion. Overall no major complaints.

Best integration with Office 365

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2019
Patricia W.
Member/Attorney
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Everything we need is here, trust accounting, case reporting, financial reporting, customizable fields, document automation, etc.

Pluspunten: Practice Panther out performs on integration with Outlook. Users can send email from within the platform and the email will send in outlook, as well as be saved in the PP file. Similarly, emails that are received can be added by a drag and drop that resides on the Outlook side. It also has better document automation and work flows than the competitive products.

Minpunten: The dash board at the matter level could be better. All of the information is there, but one has to move from tab to tab to find it. I'd like a "status" feed at the top (with the ability to generate reports for all open matters and current status) instead of the feed that is at the bottom of the case dashboard (which we don't seem to use).

Practice Panther the Easy Way to Get Significant Advantages In the Market

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Melanie R.

Opmerkingen: Great!

Pluspunten: Ease of use, iphone ap, customer service, training videos, layout

Minpunten: I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like

Incredible service for a great product

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2015
Jonathan M.
Bron: GetApp
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: While one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users. Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.

Pluspunten: The dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time. Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app. It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.

Minpunten: As I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be. Overall, well done Practice Panther!

van PracticePanther Legal Case Management Software op 7-12-2016

Thanks for the great review Jon! We have upgraded our trust accounting to include over 35 reports you can export for your accountant. You can reconcile your account with your bank, view trust ledgers, sync with QuickBooks Online, use UTBMS codes or LEDES98B billing if needed, and much more. You can learn more and see some reports here: https://www.practicepanther.com/iolta-trust-accounting-software-attorneys/

Midsize Law Firm with diverse practice areas

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
David S.
Director of Technology & Operations
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our Attorneys love being able to access case data and records from anywhere, and I have been very happy with the development pipeline. The Panther team has been adding request features regularly since we began our migration over a year ago. They're based out of Miami, which was also a big selling point for our firm since we are located in Southwest Florida. Their support staff is incredibly responsive, even an issue requires escalation.

Pluspunten: Our team has a number of favorite features, being able to access Box via the Panther Mobile app is a big one, and being able to shoot text reminders to clients about appointments and deadlines is another favorite, but how much time Panther has shaved off of our billing cycle is definitely the top. Using Panther, we have cut in half the time it takes to review and approve pre-bills, invoice the client, and get paid.

Minpunten: Being a larger firm and having migrated case management software several times already made the transition and adoption challenging. Practice Panther allows for very easy import and export of information as csv files, which is great for producing your own reports, but created a lot of front end work massaging data from the previous system in order to import into Panther. As of Summer 2018, the QuickBooks integration is a little basic and still needs some work.