PracticePanther Legal Software reviews

Over PracticePanther Legal Software

Mobielvriendelijke en veilige juridische software die verrassend eenvoudig is om te gebruiken. Bespaar tijd. Laat je bedrijf groeien. Werk papierloos. Werk vanaf elke plek.

Meer informatie over PracticePanther Legal Software

Offers the integration and ease of use needed for a small business, all of the essentials for streamlining tasks so that duplication of efforts is minimized.

Switching from our old software to Panther was very difficult. Panther was not able to migrate over our documents from the old software, but rather we did a data dump to an external searchable file.

Beoordelingen van PracticePanther Legal Software

Waar voor je geld

PracticePanther Legal Software heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 472 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je PracticePanther Legal Software eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (472)

Allison
administration
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

fun and easy - lacking accounting and trust capabilities

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Scott M.
Scott M.
Lawyer in VS

Amazing program!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I bought this program when I first opened my practice about 2.5 years ago. I knew going into my own firm that I wanted a comprehensive client management tool. After spending hours online reviewing various programs, I decided to give the 30-day free trial a shot. I think I purchased the monthly subscription immediately after starting to use the program. Since that time, I have built on my knowledge, incorporating the MailChimp and QBO features first, then started learning how to streamline my document preparation through the template feature. What would have previously taken me multiple hours a week to manage, now takes minutes.

PracticePanther is intuitive and very user friendly. It has a ton of features that expedite minuscule tasks and free up admin time. It syncs with all my favorite resources, like QBO, MailChimp, and Box, making communication with clients a lot easier and keeps routine mailings operational. If you use a lot of form templates, the template builder is a major time saver and cuts down on user error and oversights. I use this program every day in my law office and am very grateful for how easy it is. Even better, the customer support team is phenomenal. I rarely have any issues with the program (it is easy to use), but when I run into something I need help with, a quick message to the PP team is responded to within minutes and the problem is solved or at a minimum I am given an update and expected time of completion. I couldn't recommend this program more to a solo or small legal practice.

Nothing, the team is constantly updating its software and programs that it connects to. They provide online videos to help and I frequently learn of new ways to use the program from regular updates by the team.

Reactie PracticePanther Legal Software

4 jaar geleden

Thank you so much Scott for the extra kind feedback!

James
Principal in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great practice management software. The only short-fall is that it doesn't allow auto future billing

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: PracticePanther is a great platform and you should definitely give it a good try during a free trial period.
It also has Rules of Court deadline figuring if you're a Civil firm.
PP has great integration with QuickBooks on-line.
You can print checks directly from PP, or QB online to pay other legal vendors (Chiros, etc.)

Price - either $59/mo or $49/mo if paid the year in full. Fee to bill clients on-line: $.20 per transaction plus 1.95% Workflow customizable - Yes, you can customize the workflow on different case-types. Activity Log - easy access history. Create Contact on the fly as creating matter - easy to create a Contact during the process of creating a matter. Intake form for new clients - Yes, can put a link on your website so new clients can fill-out a new client form, and that info will auto fill into the client's PP account. Time tracking timers - you can have multiple different timers open and running at the same time and assign them. Mobile App - there is no mobile App, but the site is mobile optimized. E-file integration - there is No e-file integration. Color assignments - there are up to 6 colors that you can assign to parties & roles. Task customizable - Yes, you can customize task flows. Easy to create and merge documents - Yes, it's very easy to create and merge documents with the program. PDF-auto convert - No, it cannot auto PDF convert a document. Create documents that can merged - Yes. This program makes it easy to create documents that can be merged. Support - Yes, support seems to be free. Notify client when upload a document - Yes, you can notify a client a document gets uploaded that you want them to review or be aware of. Email syncing - very good syncing with Gmail and Outlook. Emails linked to a matter - Yes. Easy to link emails to a matter. Client Portal - Yes.

The only thing that kept me from staying with PracticePanther, is that MyCase allows you to be able to set future billing to go out to a client(s) and forget it. PracticePanther has a bit of a 'workaround' if you get the client's Visa/Debit card on file, but many times clients are uneasy giving you their card number. With Criminal Defense clients that need to make monthly (or future) payments on a retainer amount, MyCase allows you to set-up future dates where a client will be emailed a bill, which they can tap on a button and pay on-line. This is the main thing that made me go with MyCase. But if not for that, I would have stayed with either PracticePanther or Smokeball. Smokeball had/has the slickest software for being able to send emails from (either) Outlook or Gmail, and a small window at the bottom allows you to connect that email to a matter. Smokeball's software also made/makes it very easy to sync a Word document with a Client/Matter.

Maggie
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

It has been a year of disappointment

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am opening a new nation wide firm with a law school classmate and we are using another plat form because of the terrible experience we have had. The only reason we are still currently with PP is because of the expense and work involved in switching to a different platform. I have been completely unhappy with PP since we made the transition and I remain so.

We like the client portal where we can send clients messages and documents. The software is not easy to use. The reports are not user friendly, they do not meet our needs. It is difficult to maneuver.

I have to keep a separate data base for my clients because there is no way to print an envelope from PP. Our software automatically renewed annually and we had a staff member who left our company shortly thereafter. We decided not to replace the position. I contacted PP almost immediately thereafter and have been trying to get a refund of that user's account fees and after a month, they finally got back to me and they will not refund the annual subscription fee. So, if you are on an annual plan, you cannot reduce the number of user accounts you have. The three way trust account reconciliation is not a true reconciliation that complies with the Rules of Professional Responsibility, so we have to still reconcile using other software. The email sync only works with limited versions of Outlook. When we signed up, we were assured their customer service was top notch and the longer I am with them, the longer it takes to get answers. Many times, they will close my help tickets without answering the questions. If you leave a bad review for their company they will call and address the review immediately, but they will not address the underlying issue that resulted in the bad review. Despite me raising my concerns over the software, no changes have been made.

Barbara
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Practice Panther is excellent law firm software

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Time-keeping, billing, and contact management are our most-used features.

The templates are ridiculous! There is not nearly enough flexibility in fields to make them useful.

Overwogen alternatieven:

PracticePanther has helped keep my firm organized and grow

5,0 11 maanden geleden

PracticePanther has helped keep my firm organized. We handle a large number of cases and we needed software that could help us manage them all, stay on top of tasks, and store information efficiently. PracticePanther has also been key in allowing for rapid growth in my practice. My favorite feature is the payment plans through PantherPayments. My collections are significantly higher than some of my colleagues and it helped simplify this process. We can easily set up payment plans that automatically pull funds from a credit card or bank account which means I don't have to spend a ton of time chasing clients for money that I could be spending on their case.

I started out practicing solo and quickly grew to more staff. Every firm has growing pains, so I was initially worried about acclimating new staff to PracticePanther. Thankfully, those hesitations were put at bay and we've been able to use the platform with ease.

Noah

Amazing Software

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Fantastic experience. We started on the lowest pricing tier (which already comes with 90% of what you need) and as our practice grew and we wanted to add some additional efficiencies (like automating through Zapier and ToDoist, etc.), we slowly grew to the highest tier, which adds a lot more integration. Also, their customer service is great.

Being able to integrate all of the features expected of a legal management software in one, but in such a intuitive way.

Nothing. I am very happy with it. We've been using it for 2 years and they keep adding great additional features as we and other request them, but its still not clunky.

Partner in VS

Beats Clio by a mile

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Its been great, the customer service is responsive and helpful, the software works across all of our devices and platforms, so we've always got it at fingertips.

Easy to set up and use, easy to integrate third party apps like Google Drive and Quickbooks.

The workflow automation has a bit of a learning curve if you've never done it before. Highly suggest watching the tutorials.

Brad
Brad
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best in class legal software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

PracticePanther is a 360 solution for your law firm. Its built on a robust API that allows you to connect to other tools to increase your productivity.

Similar to Clio, and other competitors, there is simply a lack of certain features, but the team is eager to learn of our needs and works to implement updates as quickly as possible.

Mark
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Great Management Program for a small firm.

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall great program!

We have a small two attorney office. Program is intuitive and not overly complicated like some programs. Document template capability us great and a real time saver. Would recommend it to any small firm!

The billing and accounting could use some tweaking

Sofia
Sofia
Director & Principal Lawyer in Australië
Juridische dienstverlening

A well designed CRM and so far, we cannot be happier with the product

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Part of M Legal's mission is to stay innovative. Practice Panther (PP) as a case relationship management (CRM) tool has redesigned how the firm works overall. The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. This has been a real game-changer for the business. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. This has also given a level of transparency across the practice as lawyers can pick up any file from where the last person left off and delegate their work during absences. This transparency was a key selling point for us as we believe it is a core component of running an effective law firm.

The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. We have experienced our fair share of poor technical support teams when using other software programs. With PP, despite the time differences between Miami and Sydney, their technical support team are always available, whether it is through the chat portal, email or by phone. Each technical person is professional, knowledgeable and continues to take care of your matter until it is resolved. Further, they always have something new to teach you about the PP system on each call. I cannot express how impressed we are, with what we consider as stellar service from this tech support team.

Naturally, a product such as this is not going to have universal application across all legal fields. I would say that in the immigration space the status of a case is really important, so having a status bar that is customisable would be a feature that could be improved. Also, a lot of our data from clients are taken from in-take forms - we require intake forms that are easier to build and that have the capability of storing more information. While these are work in progress type issues, this certainly does not take away from PP's product, which we believe is a well designed and thought through CRM system.

Brenda
Legal Assistant in VS

Love PracticePanther

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: This software has saved us time on the tasks that would take a long time like creating letters or pleadings as they are automated now. Since the information pulls from the fields there is also a very low risk for typing errors.

Super easy to use! We love that we can create custom fields for a contact or matter and have really enjoyed the automation portion of the software. The templates are easy to create and automatically pull the information from the contact and matter sections that we need.

Under Matter, instead of editing the whole section, it would be nice if I could hoover over the field I only need to update. I also wish I could highlight text in the matter or notes section. I create multiple matters under one client and some of the information in the fields is always the same. It would be nice if I could select an option so any time I create a new matter for that client, the information in the matter auto fills for any new case going forward.

Paige
Lawyer in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great Software - Would be Lost Without It, but there are still some kinks to work out.

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is amazing. I love this software and it makes my life so much easier. I would recommend to anyone with a law firm.

I love how seamless this software makes my practice. It is so user-friendly. The client portal is wonderful, and I love how the accounting features are organized. Customer service is amazing. The templates feature saves me countless hours. The tasks feature really keeps me on track. I love how you can link relationships, create emails that sync automatically with the matter, and create events that send text notifications to clients. The support is quick and always friendly and helpful. The e-signature feature is also really cool.

(1) the phone app should be able to have multiple timers up at once, so you can go back and forth between working on different projects, like the desktop version. (2) The "history" section at the bottom of matters should include time entry descriptions. I cannot stress that enough. I do not use the "history" section at all as it is currently operating, but it would be invaluable if that one change was made! If time entry descriptions were included, the "history" section would actually tell me the history of the work that's been done on the matter. (3) We need a better text integration that's part of Practice Panther, so that clients can text us through the software, or something like how we can create a new email that links with the matter, but for texting. (4) Company contacts - love the idea, but when you link a subordinate member of a company contact to a matter, the only email address you can actually auto-populate is the number one contact of the company contact. It's very annoying. I've had to create separate individual contacts for all the members of a company contact. Like for court services, I would like to be able to have all the employees of court services under the Court Services company contact, and then be able to link the particular officer assigned to supervise my particular client. But right now I have to link the court services company contact AND the individual contact to be able to send emails to the correct officer.

Robin

Overwogen alternatieven:

In many ways better than Amicus

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been a relatively seamless transition from Amicus to this. I had Amicus for over twenty five years. I am enjoying the use of this product and my paralegal finds it very easy to use.

The online platform, plus most of the features I was looking for.

The email integration could be better. In addition, there could be an option for starting a timer for a phone call, keeping the information there. I am calling so and so, click on their number and have the timer start, instead it think I am asking it to actually call that person.

LaJoyce
Sole Practitioner in VS

Long Term PracticePanther User

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It has been a wonderful experience.

I've been a PracticePanther user for four years now. The most important factor in my selecting PracticePanther was the ease of use. With my prior software, I had to hire independent contractors and pay for "maintenance agreements" just to have access to the help desk. With PracticePanther, their support team can assist. More important, they have videos that will walk you through the process of setting up the various systems and integrations. Finally, I love the integrations. PracticePanther integrates with Microsoft Office, Box, Dropbox and Quickbooks. Your information stays in it's original locate with seamless access from PracticePanther.

Initially, there was a big push to produce new features. I'm not seeing new features coming out as frequently. However, I would note the quality of the new features, e.g., workflows with conditional logic and e-signatures.

Kathleen
Principal/Owner in VS

PracticePanther

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: PracticePanther is like having a full time employee at a fraction of the cost without any employment law issues. I couldn't run my law firm without PracticePanther. The software is easy to use, the PP support is excellent, and the company is always rolling out new features to make running my law office easier and more efficiently!

It's very hard to pinpoint what I like the most about PracticePanther since there are so many features I rely on for my law practice. I very much like that I can find everything related to a contact or matter in one place. All emails and their attachments, notes, documents, billing, payments, calendar, "to do" list (Tasks), time entries, and communications for a contact and matter can be found in PracticePanther. I use the templates and workflows on a daily basis, which save me time and keep me on track. With a simple click I can send an online questionnaire to a client that, once completed, is kept in the client account. The tags allow me to filter and label my contacts and matters any way I want. I use PantherPay for online payments which is very easy and shows all payments in the billing account immediately. I also like that new features are made available regularly - the software is always improving!

1) Would like for clients to start, save, and continue an intake form at a later time and have them receive a copy of their answers after being submitted. 2) The timer buffers endlessly if the page has not been refreshed. I realize you are working on this. :-/ 3) If a client has a PP account with another law firm, that client cannot open a new account with my firm using that same email address. Is there a way to fix this? 4) Would love to have conditional/dynamic fields in the intake forms.

Christopher

Practice Panther is a Great Cloud Solution for Solo Practitioners

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I still had an excellent experience. I suspect that in time PracticePanther will address these issues and I will gladly give it a 5-Star rating.

Practice Panther has a fairly intuitive interface for daily billing entries, templates for monthly billing and accounting for your trust and operating accounts for your clients. The learning curve was minimal in comparison to other systems I tried and the program was more responsive over other programs I tried over the internet. Tech Support and help files are easily available on every page. I found daily entries both fast and easy and the online billing system linked with LawPay is magnificent and has worked flawlessly for me. I was very skeptical of "secure" cloud-based billing and accounting but after more than a year it would take a lot to pull me away from Practice Panther.

There are two cons to this software to be aware of. First, there is no single backup system to backup and restore all your files with just a few clicks. While complete backup is available, it requires you to go through far too many steps to make sure you back up everything. I have not yet had to restore anything to Practice Panther but I am wary that a system that requires multiple steps could have glitches in trying to restore from their backups. It is more than possible that if a restoration were required it might involve more "downtime" for a practitioner than he or she would like in order to get back up and running. This is where I think they need to most work. Secondarily, their billing review system has an issue that will throw practitioners off. If you create a bill several months ago and you go back to look at the bill to see what the retainer balance was at the time of that bill, the historical bill actually pulls up the retainer that exists now. That should not occur on a historical bill. Once a bill has been saved, the bill should not change unless you intentionally change other things in your billing. An old bill should never show the current balance of the retainer. It should show the remaining balance of the retainer at the time the specific bill is generated.

owner in VS

Great product

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to learn. Easy access to tutorials and the help area is full of information. It has been a great decision to switch. I know that i have been able to capture more of my time and reduce time needed for billing.

I like being able to bill, take credit/debit card payments, and tell clients their balance with the app while in court. There are simple reports and a great dashboard to see how much is outstanding, to be billed, and the amount in my trust account. Practice panther has cut down on the time it takes for billing and made my office more efficient.

I print checks directly from practice panther, which takes several steps, but it makes it easy to add the cost to the client's billing. I would like the software to allow a report of vendors/payees' payments over various time periods as it does with tags and categories.

Alexis
CEO & Managing Attorney in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best practice management system I have used

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Practice Panther as my main case managment system. My team and I LIVE on this software. It is far better than the alternatives I have used in the past and in other firms. We have it downloaded on all computers and phones for easy access in court at all times.

I like the intuitive interface, clean look, and the ability to customize my own workflows.

I would like to see a private server capability added in instead of having to rely on Box. One that we can access via VPN would be helpful. I wish we could add in a bit more automation customization. For example, I would like to be able to send my clients a customized email with attachments and helpful info before specific events, rather than the generic reminder email. I would also like the ability to create conditional logic in certain events.

Aska
Chief Legal Administrator in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

User-friendly software but there are still room for improvement to effectively serve larger firms

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: (continued from Cons) This sorting function for customized fields will potentially save us a lot of time. (3) Tags are great features, but the ability to sort the data using the tag is very limited. When you search using multiples tags, the software only recognize it as Tag 1 "AND" Tag 2, and gives you data that has BOTH tags. For instance, it's only "Show data that has Tag A AND Tag B". You can't do "Show me the data that has Tag A OR Tag B". You can't search data that DOES NOT have the specific tag either. If the search function in Tags was more comprehensive, it will allow users to expand the usage of tags and give users more flexibility as to how we can efficiently search the data we need. Practice Panther Tech Support has been aware of the suggestions listed above. However, there has not been any update on the progress, and we do not know if these functions will be ever available. We definitely would like to see them implemented very soon. I am open to revise this review once these functionalities become available.

This software is intuitive, easy to navigate and very user-friendly. Tech support is promptly available and they are very patient. Practice Panther continues to make improvements on the software and they listen to their customers feedback. They have fixed our issues with our calendar being very slow to load. It's fast now and working very well.

There are still room for improvement in terms of features and functions. (1) The format (layout) of the calendar is not user-friendly for mid to large firms with more than 10 employees. Everyone's events are scattered across the calendar and overlap with each other which makes difficult to identify availability for specific staff. Events are displayed with different colors assigned to each staff. It's hard to follow 10+ different colors on computer screen and it is definitely not working for staff who are color-blind. It's really difficult to see who has appointments at each hour throughout the day. We suggested to have columns for each staff so that it only takes a glance to identify who is available when, just like how calendars are in Time Matters from Lexis Nexis. (2) Sorting function for customized fields is not available unfortunately. What makes this software great is the customization you can make to fit it to your exact needs. However, customized fields are not sort-able, and without the sorting function for the customized fields, data is not as valuable and usable as it should be. As a legal administrator who manages the data and runs productivity report for legal staff, we are currently spending a lot of time downloading the information from the software to MS Excel, sorting and manipulating the data in Excel, and finally coming back to the PracticePanther to make necessary changes within the software. (Continues to overall experience)

Zach
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to use practice management software with top-end functionality at low price

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy of keeping track of deadlines and client contacts. Overall, the best practice management software I have seen for the price. I would say this performs better than CLIO (I've used it with ALL of the add-ons), way better than AMICUS and MyCase and similar to ABACUS. They need to add a matter pre-billing function to run attorney's fees reports and allow you to copy/paste e-mails into the matter, but otherwise this is a perfect solution for most practitioners. Unless you are using the rules-based calendaring in ABACUS or Westlaw's Firm Central, I have not seen a product that is nearly as useful on the market.

Unlike a number of the cheaper practice management software programs on the market today, Practice Panther has a wide range of functions within the software which are easy to use. Instead of just having "Tasks" or "to-dos", PP allows you to create Activities which can be "Events" "E-mails" "Phone calls" or "Tasks". On the Task front, PP allows you to set sub-reminders that can send you e-mails or text messages in advance, like say "7 days before," and "3 days before," for a filing deadline. I also think it is pretty fantastic that PP shows whether a time entry has been completed for EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY marked "completed" or "in progress". This would be incredibly useful for practitioners (mostly civil) managing staff and trying to deal with staff not accounting for all of their time in billing. The "mail sync" function is also easy to use, and allows you to e-mail out of your native software (MS Outlook, GMAIL, etc) and simply "bcc" the client matter itself. When you do this, the e-mail is automatically saved into the matter. Almost every other program out there that I have used requires you to use their client messaging portal to get the same functionality. The templates are easy to use for creating documents to merge out of PP also. Think client engagement letters, releases, and basic letterheads that you use in every file. We don't use PP for accepting payments so I cannot comment on that portion.

1. Matter pre-bills or invoicing. In many civil cases there will be a time when you need to prepare a billing report to present to the court solely for a claim of attorney's fees. In other software that I have used, you can run a report for a set period of time or type of billing entries which will then create a printable draft invoice-looking document. You would then be able to slap an exhibit sticker on that document and use it for your attorney's fee request. I haven't found a way to easily do this in PP yet, and it seems like you would have to utilize a draft invoice which captures all time billed in the matter. I could be wrong. 2. No Batch Entry System for E-mails. PP has a GREAT syncing system that works with your native e-mail so you can BCC messages into the matter when you send or receive them. However, if you forget to include the mail-sync in your BCC line, or don't forward a message to the mail-sync, there is no easy way to subsequently get the e-mails into the matter in PP. What I mean is this: say you have a number of e-mails from someone that weren't saved into a client PP matter and instead lived in your Outlook before the client actually hired. You would have to manually forward each one of your emails to the mail-sync to get them into PP. Additionally, if you are a federal criminal lawyer and use CORRLINKS to communicate with your clients you will know that you can't forward out of that system. PP doesn't let you copy/paste emails so your stuck.

VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Before PracticePanther my client information was all over my computer. I kept track of billable hours and financials in Exel, client emails in Google, and my forms (intake, representation, agreements, court filings etc) in Word. This meant in order to have everything as it pertained to a specific client in one place, I had to print everything out. And, I was using nonlegal software to send out billing invoices which lead to long hours of transcribing information from Excel to the service I was using. The rate of error of retyping information like addresses or agreements or billable hours into different software programs was high. I am a solo practitioner who does not have a clerk, secretary or paralegal. So after a long day of work, I then had to become the marketing, IT and accounting departments. I spent a lot of time doing things two and three times. I knew I needed a case management system but was afraid it would be too expensive or time consuming to learn. After doing my due diligence I found PracticePanther. Not only was PP one of the most affordable options out there, they had very intuitive methods of doing things so the learning curve did not take much time. Now anything and everything pertaining to a specific client is kept in one place. All billables, emails, evidence, representation agreements I even enter details of phone calls and meetings I have on matters in the Notes section for each matter so I have a documented history of what was discussed on what day. PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%. I use that time to grow my practice, network or do pro bono work.

I love the IT help, the invoicing system and the templates feature. I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of help in the beginning. Being able to schedule times to discuss my issues with the IT guys at PracticePanther was great. The fact that they can take over your computer remotely so they can see what you see in real time is even better. Their response time to non-scheduled issues is pretty fast. I have also found their FAQs and how to videos to be extremely helpful but having a live person to speak with who can access your computer is just as good as having someone standing next to me while I work. The invoicing system is phenomenal. It keeps track of all of my client banking accounts. I can see at any time how much is in my IOLTA account, how much is in my operating account, how much a client owes, how much a client has paid and how much I have billed a client but not yet invoiced. I can do this client by client, matter by matter or as an overall total. LawPay is free if you sign up through PracticePanther which is awesome because it handles my credit card transactions and when a client pays, it automatically updates my invoicing and accounts. PracticePanther also knows how to deduct things from a client's retainer when sending out an invoice so you don't have to worry about that either. Their timing device feeds right into the system. It is awesome.

Managing Attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Great and improving all the time!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is an update to a previous review I made. The folks at Panther are impressive. They've taken recommendations I and others have made and implemented them; they've quickly addressed issues I've had; and they are always courteous and responsive. The overall layout has vastly improved since my first review, and looks downright beautiful. We live by the search feature and it now works on custom fields. Custom fields can now also be listed in reports. You can now group custom fields so that you may show only those fields in a matter or contact that pertain to their specific situation. We have structured Panther so we can use it as a basic CRM...which is an immense work-flow savings for us. We asked for Dropbox integration and what they produced is perfect (considering the limitations of Dropbox). Time keeping is a snap and reachable from any screen. We asked to be able to a log call without assigning it to a matter, and they changed that so now we can. The tasking feature and its integration with the calendar is fantastic, I could not service so many clients without it. And the Panther folks have taken it on themselves to make some minor changes that have made the workflow of using the program much faster than in my previous review. I now can answer the question I posed in my earlier review of whether I love or hate Panther: We love it. I admit that it's not perfect (a couple of basic features in billing need to be addressed before I am willing to use that portion of the program), but Panther saves us many hours a week. I tried many firm management products before settling on Practice Panther, and I am glad I stayed with them. It's already better than the others, and it keeps getting better all the time thanks to their team. You cannot go wrong choosing Practice Panther. Final note: To my surprise one lawyer told me Panther seemed expensive. Really?! It seems well priced to me, and if you try to save a few dollars a month with some inferior product you will pay dearly for that choice in lost time.

Beautiful layout, easy to use, functions as a basic CRM, matter and time management, and billing program all in one.

Flat fee billing is not well thought out, and the billing module presents clients with a reckoning of my operating account as well as their trust account. (I understand Panther may have made the operating account info optional by now, or that is in their near term plan.)

Thalia
Thalia
Partner in VS

Working with Practice Panther

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The user-interface is designed for quick and easy navigation. You can look at your dashboard and very clearly see everything you need to know for your day to run smoothly (well as smoothly as possible). It is cost effective and the onboarding and training are taken care of with Practice Panther's incredible customer service.

Before PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage. While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.

I would like to see the software integrate with more programs. Quickbooks is great, but my brain works better with Wave Accounting; LawPay is great, but being able to integrate with PayPal also, would be even better. However, these are minor things and not worth seeking a different program I like as much as Practice Panther. I had shopped around quite a bit before choosing Practice Panther; I doubt I would find anything I like as much. Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.

Reactie PracticePanther Legal Software

5 jaar geleden

Thalia, I am so happy to let you know we are about to release our new API and Zapier integration, which will open the door to MANY more integrations. We highly recommend LawPay for a number of reasons, but if you must use PayPal, we do have an integration available. We will reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you so much!

Richard
Principal Attorney in VS
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Simple sophisticated software that will simplify your practice

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a complete solution for my practice. I am a single solo so the document automation, notes, time entries and billing are a great way to save time and effort.

One of the best features of the software is not so much a feature but the logic employed in designing the flow of data. I have used a number of the more popular programs and can heartily recommend this as the best I have found. The ease of use makes it a top choice if you have staff that will use it. I am a single solo and it is not one of my concerns yet. But, I can't see anyone not understanding the flow of information. The automation is superb. Document assembly is easy and logical. One of the best features is the Forms generator. Email the form to your client or prospective client - they fill it out - and it goes right into your data. No need to waste time inputting names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other data you would like to have handy in your file. Tracking time is a breeze as is generating invoices, tracking retainer accounts, tracking trust accounts and more (I find the accounting component more than meets my needs). Over time you will come to rely on the information in the program over the physical file. It has become my organizational hub for all that I do.

I would like to see a thick book explaining all the capabilities and limits. The support people are great and can answer any question - I just like to read it and push the software to its limits. I have used PP for some time - moving to another package for some time. At twice the price - it did less. In my brief time away the product dramatically improved & I am back and very happy.

Haley

Overwogen alternatieven:

The team at PracticePanther is Great.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

They add features on a regular basis and have loads of training. The support staff is super helpful and if they don't know the answer they will try to find it. I understand that every system is different and every one has it's pros and cons. I really think once we utilize every single feature this program has we will be a much better law firm.

The email integrations phase in and out on working. It may simply be the plugin I have for Gmail but that can be a struggle.