Mailchimp Transactional Email reviews

Over Mailchimp Transactional Email

Cloudgebaseerde tool voor e-mailbeheer die bedrijven helpt met het creëren van sjablonen, e-maildistributie en analyse.

Meer informatie over Mailchimp Transactional Email

AB testing support (although we have not used it.) Integration with CRM system (currently using NEON), although unsubscribes and bounces are not returned to CRM. Freemium plan was well worth it.

While the drag and drop email builder is very convenient, I sometimes wish there were more options/ the options were less rigid.

Beoordelingen van Mailchimp Transactional Email

Waar voor je geld

Mailchimp Transactional Email heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 234 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Mailchimp Transactional Email eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (234)

Ina
Ina
freelancer in IJsland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great email marketing service!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp is the best go-to email marketing service in my opinion. I've been using it for a while now and it has always met my needs - even at its basic level.

I like everything about Mailchimp including Ease of use, Scalability, Integration with other tools, Analytics and reporting, Customization, Deliverability... etc

there is some minor bugs, it's not the perfect system, but it is really great software!

Gary
Gary
Marketing Specialist in VS
Machinebouw, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

A capable & versatile email manager for small to midsize businesses

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very happy with Mailchimp. Our company does not do a ton of email marketing & communications, but when we do use Mailchimp, it does not disapppoint. We find it is the perfect solution for where we are at currently in our email marketing journey.

I enjoy Mailchimp's general ease of use. The layout and templates are very intuitive and the overall design language of the platform is well thought out. I also appreciate the platform's clear and easy to understand analytics and delivery data. At a glance, I can look back and see how well an email campaign performed without too much fuss.

In my experience, audience management in Mailchimp is a bit fussy and inelegant. My team has struggled to separate our internal customers from external customers easily since all the email addresses and profiles were batch uploaded when we first began using the product. While this is probably user error more than anything, I'd like to see some clearer tools to deal with audience management in the future.

VS
Bron: GetApp

Great, while we had it!

3,0 5 jaar geleden

I run a busy social network. Around 6,000 users total, and 300-400 online at any given time. Due to this, I needed a transactional email service that had great deliver-ability for invitations, verifications, password changes, etc. Mandrill was recommended to me, and we were completely happy with the service. Unfortunately, when they bundled Mandrill into Mailchimp, we couldn't afford it anymore.

Unfortunately, bundling services did no favors. What previously was affordable for us no longer was. While the service is great, the way the change was implemented was sudden, leaving companies little time or recourse to find other options quickly. That solidified my decision to leave- most companies would grandfather in existing members, offer a lower rate, something. They simply provided us with addresses for other services, losing customers in the process.

Beckie
Manager, Marketing & Communications in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

E-Mail Marketing Made Easy

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp allows us to affectively target the audiences we are trying to get in front of.

I really appreciate the analytics provided through mailchimp, the ability to tag audiences and the analysis of e-mails readability before they are sent.

Some large corps continue to block Mailchimp in their spam filters.

Collis
Owner in Barbados
Automotive, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

My experience using Mailchimp

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience was great despite only using the free trial

Easy-to-use features and deliverability to help with inboxing

More contacts for the price, so I could send more for less

Émeric
Art director in Frankrijk
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great tool with ease of use

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Email automations and the use of templates really makes campaigns easier

The product is easy to use and configure. Templates are fine and very customizable.Analytics are great and can really improve future campaigns

Not much to really dislike about this software. Everything is well-designed

Camille
Business Owner in Filipijnen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great delivery, old, top-notch

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Mailchimp transactional email services can be great for small business like us, we use it for our ecommerce websites. Emails are are having fast delivery.

Expensive compared to other competitor alike. Affordable to small businesses but as you grow, the price gets too pricey.

Dhanwanth
Dhanwanth
Reviewer in VS
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Mailchimp: A Popular Email Marketing Solution Worth Consideration

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, Mailchimp is a popular and widely used email marketing solution that offers a range of features for creating and managing email campaigns. Mailchimp can be a useful tool for businesses and individuals looking for an email marketing solution, but it may not be the best fit for everyone.

Mailchimp is a popular email marketing solution that is widely used by businesses and individuals. It offers a range of features, including email templates, automation, and analytics, which can be useful for creating and managing email campaigns. Mailchimp has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use, with clear instructions and helpful resources for beginners. The software offers a free plan that allows users to send up to 10,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 subscribers.Cons:Mailchimp's paid plans can be expensive, especially for larger businesses or organizations with a large email list.Some users have reported issues with the deliverability of emails sent through Mailchimp, which can impact the effectiveness of email campaigns.Some users may find the customization options limited or not as advanced as other email marketing tools.Some users have reported experiencing technical issues with Mailchimp, including bugs or glitches in the software.

Mailchimp's paid plans can be expensive, especially for larger businesses or organizations with a large email list. There were some issues with the deliverability of emails sent through Mailchimp, which can impact the effectiveness of email campaigns. I found the customization options limited or not as advanced as other email marketing tools. I've also experienced technical issues with Mailchimp, including bugs or glitches in the software.

Founder in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great as a starting point

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: For folks starting out I think Mailchimp is a great app for email marketing. If you are okay with paying more as your list grows, then Mailchimp will work okay for you. But if you rather pay a flat fee, or would not want to transition to another email marketing programs months from now, it may be worth finding an alternative with a flat fee or something more in line with your short term and long term needs.

Mailchimp can be a great starting point for folks looking for a free email marketing program. I was able to send emails to my small list of subscribers for a few years, without needing to upgrade to meet my basic email needs. Its array of templates also allowed me to present the right information to the right audience. By duplicating campaigns and making tweaks as needed I was also able to save lots of time.

Although Mailchimp is accessible and a great starting place, as your list grows it becomes pricier and loses some of it's draw. The templates can also be a bit clunky to manage, and I often found myself screaming at the editor because a paragraph wouldn't look like the rest for whatever odd reason.

Kushagra
Kushagra
content writer, automations, technical end support in India
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Mailchimp, The King of Email Marketing and Newsletters. Highly Recommended.

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with mailchimp is great it helps me grow my newsletter and my audience and at last what i have come up to the conclusion is that you have to upgrade to the paid plan at the end for you full potential.

Things I like most about mailchimp are :- firstly, i like the campaign idea as it makes it so easy to sort all the different events which will make my audience excited.secondly, Automations if you are running a newsletter or something the first thing most people wanted is a free stuff in exchange for their email, and ebooks are most common example. Through automations now mailchimp will automatically send an welcome email with the freebie so i dont have to stress about it by doing it manually.the third thing i like is its easy to understand it not much complex and with integration it works like a charm.

The thing i like least about mailchimp is that firstly it too expensive and does not provides one of the most important and best feature with free plan (automations) and their email designing option have less options to play with which again make it less worthy for free plan users.

Missionary Director of Funding in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Benefits of Mail Chimp Transactional Emails

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience has been pleasant and supportive for the non profit I work for. We will continue to use this company because they are always updating and making things better for its users!

Ease of building the template with examples in the Mail Chimp database gave me a great understanding of how to create graphics that would better align with the trends of today and how to better communicate with my donor base. Sometimes starting from scratch is intimidating but the support staff is very helpful and available.

Sometimes navigating where a campaign / eblast / structure is setup within the database can be tricky. Begin reading about the different setups within the database before building. I like to generate one look and duplicate for future endeavors. Sometimes I had a hard time locating the original in my Mail Chimp base.

Domenico
Digital Director in Italië
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great solution for quick mail marketing

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: This is a professional software really well crafted, try it if it works for you you're in the right place!

I really liked how easy we could implement and manage marketing emails with custom mailing lists and this software helped us getting in touch with our customers and improved our products sales.

I just wish there was a native integration with Wordpress, many articles or products are stored in Wordpress websites and a native integration could help us avoid copy pasting content to create a newsletter: I imagine a native Drag&Drop feature where I can drag my articles / products to create a newsletter in few minutes.

Owner in VS
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Solid Tool for Nurturing an Audience

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 9/10. Gotta have it if you want to grow a community or business. You don't know what you don't know until you see how your audience engages with you. Very revealing and help to see what type of subject line gets opened, who in your audience reads every email or doesn't read any of your emails.

Professional templates and layouts for simple plain-text messages or super feature-rich emails analytics are excellent. Segmenting your audience is great for re-targeting specific member of your audience. Even the most basic paid option gives you a ton of growth potential and value. Email building tool has a TON of features to make a kick ass email Surveys ( a new feature) is a simple way to keep your audience involved Compliance with 'unsubscribe' feature is essential business practice

Slight learning curve for importing contact and getting your database setup

Digital Marketing Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Email marketing solution that can handle all your demands in one go

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Sending emails as part of our company's marketing initiatives is easy thanks to Mailchimp. The customers of each of our clients will be able to access unique deals and information. More clients are drawn to the website as a result of this. Having an email platform that allows us to send emails that are specifically customized to our customer’s needs is a huge asset. People who have no marketing knowledge can use Mailchimp to create high-quality material that looks attractive. When people use templates, they may "drag and drop" information, and distribution lists allow them to select the recipients. In the end, Mailchimp is a terrific solution that does exactly what it is supposed to: send emails.

Marketing and HR use Mailchimp frequently. They frequently exchange emails to solicit opinions on various initiatives and agendas. Because it doesn't require any coding skills to create campaigns, and because there are enough templates for different types of campaigns, Mailchimp is simple to set up and use. It is possible to track down recipients who have opened and read emails sent by this program. It can also provide you with a record of all correspondence. Online invitations are given to us for training and group session seminars. We'll see if we can make it, and we'll mark it down in our calendar. Mailchimp's ability to provide customized content and automate workflows usually results in more efficient and speedier marketing campaigns.

When you start uploading photographs to your account, you'll immediately run into a situation where it's difficult to locate the files you need. To keep your images organized, you'll have to spend an awful amount of time removing or reorganizing them. Because there are so many variables in design and formatting, it's easy to overlook something while creating an email or a template. As a result, you may find that your output takes on a distinct appearance.

Prem
Prem
Growth Marketing in India
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

MailChimp is fantastic, but it has some drawbacks!

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp is used by us to build email lists for our clients, segment and target audiences based on business needs, design customised email templates based on our branding, and manage various email campaigns. We saw the results we wanted to see after implementing Mailchimp, but never did due to a lack of knowledge and such software. It has aided us in meeting our marketing and sales objectives.

When I send emails to my clients, I like that I can get free read receipts. It ensures that they are doing so. Other programmes may require you to pay an additional fee for read receipts. The interface is simple to use.

I occasionally receive false notifications that my clients have opened emails when, in fact, they have not opened the emails, as I have confirmed with them. It would be fantastic if we could streamline that to make it more uniform.

Victoria
Content Creator in Zimbabwe
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Great for Transactional Emails

5,0 9 maanden geleden

This tool provides an easy-to-use interface and great deliverability. Now, we can easily update our email templates online using templates built into the system. Mailchimp has also allowed us to set up our accounts and other preferences, and help with compliance. Their web app also keeps us updated on how things are going. Email notifications are vital to us as they enable our customers to know about our products and services. Mailchimp provides us easy access to email delivery services without having to worry about downtime or broken links. This tool has really been a lifesaver!

If you are not a technical person, then you may have a problem getting started. Other than that, everything works great.

Marketing Manager in VS
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 11-50 werknemers

Rolled out a ton of new tools recently

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Mailchimp has been a fantastic tool for our email marketing. The platform is sleek, easy to use, and can be learned very quickly. We are excited to explore the new tools Mailchimp is rolling out.

We've used Mailchimp for the past 4 years to communicate with our audience. Mailchimp is one of the best email providers around. Their platform, support, and reliability are top-notch. We rarely ever have issues when using Mailchimp.

Honestly, they've rolled out so many new tools recently we haven't been able to keep up. Our team is small, so we don't always have the time and resources to keep up with all of the updates.

Kevin
Kevin
Computer Science Student in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great functionality for Mandrill Users

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was a little skeptical when first implementing the Mailchimp Transactional API in my Laravel project, but it was fairly simple, and setting up templates (using handlebar parameters), was easy and gave a good result. There seems to be some low hanging fruit as far as allowing the use of templates inside of templates.

Implementing a templating system outside of a project was very easy, and has freed up my servers from the constant building and sending full emails. Managing the templates outside of source control has allowed non-developers to make changes/edits without codebase access/knowledge of project structure. Utilizing subaccounts has been a game changer for us as well.

I wish the templates could be organized into directories instead of just listing them all in one place. It would also be nice if you could include templates inside other templates to help with stuff like consistent headers/footers across emails. It doesn't matter much if you only deal with a few templates, but I've needed to create about 20 separate templates in the last couple months, and most of those are sharing either headers/footers with many others. When the day comes that I need to update the header, it will take much longer to update each template individually.

Jorge
Jorge
Telecommunications Engineer in
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers

Amazing transactional email relay

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been using Mandrill as our email relay of choice for all our applications and APIs, and it has been working great in every aspect.

Very fast delivery with exceptional delivery rates; Does a great job keeping reputation high; Very nice dashboards and reporting; Ability to segregate into sub-accounts; Very easy to integrate with MTA's and API clients; Great documentation;

Domain validation could be made simpler; Roles and permissions should be more flexible; Once Mandrill got integrated with Mailchimp the pricing model became less attractive;

Goodness
Goodness
Graphic Designs and Sales in Nigeria
Grafisch ontwerp, 10.000+ werknemers

Email Management Made Easy

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My Overall experience with this software have been really good, they have been able to gain my trust over time. I started with the free plan before migrating to the paid plan and while using the free plan they helped me solve one problem, which is building a landing page that direct my audience to drop their email. Through this emails I get to inform my audience about a new article and i could also keep track of emails.
The paid plan gave me access to landing page templates and email templates too, that relief me the stress of creating one from the scratch and a lot other benefits.

Mailchimp helps me to keep track of emails that have signed up to receive newsletter whenever i upload a new content in my Blog and have also helped me manage the emails and even categorize them for different purposes

They offer great services no doubt but I really things their user interface need more work.

Co-Founder & CTO in Hongkong
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Very good transactional email API

4,0 5 jaar geleden

The API is easy to use and the setup is fast. Rather cheap plans when you get started (but gets expensive soon)

The archive of messages is way too limited! I don't require to keep track of the message content of all our messages, but for our business we must keep track of whether the emails have been sent/read/rejected or not, and there is no way to achieve this even on a higher plan. We'll have to build a workaround with webhooks or find another tool that offers it

Client Success Advisor in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Mandrill

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mandrill has been great to help reduce the amount of time I spend on each client of ours. I have the ability to check email faster and help more people.

Mandrill is great to backtrack on emails that my company has sent out. We have the ability to view if the email was delivered, bounced, and how many times it has been sent + opened and clicked on. The features of mandrill are great for the company because we rely heavily on mandrill in order to see that.

At this moment, I can't think of a negative effect of mandrill. It is very easy to use and easy to maneuver around.

Ekaterina
Ekaterina
Business Development Manager in Spanje
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Good tool for small companies

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Reporting & interface - I've worked with other tools, and Mailchimp is way better (easy to understand, use to set up). I like the possibility of integrations

I'd like more flexibility with creating segments

Rodney
Member, Board of Directors in Zweden
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

A very good overall email marketing management tool

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very happy with Mailchimp. It is a very robust tool and is probably the best on the market for organisations who want to make sure of the free tier. Once you have to move to a paid tier of services, you probably want to make sure you explore all of the options out there - even if you end up coming back to Mailchimp.

The ease of use of the platform, the ability to customise templates, and the reporting are all very good. I also like that it has some APIs and sync up against other solutions.

Managing email addresses that bounces has a steep learning curve. In addition, it is a problem that free accounts have no ability to get any kind of real support outside of forums. With the free account tier, it is also a problem that they only allow one admin user which creates a single point of failure for organisations. I understand that some features have to be paid in order to motivate conversion to paid accounts, but these things are basic needs for any organisation of any issue regardless of their payment tier.

Ginger
Ginger
Co-owner in VS

I wish it were more like MailChimp

5,0 5 jaar geleden

The pricing is good. We have been using it for years and the only reason we are keeping it is because we don't the pain of switching over to another vendor.

The reporting features are very weak and we don't like that we have to access MailChimp to get over into the Mandrill dashboard.