Best Point of Sale Software for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2019
Jess D.
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Cash Footprint allows me to process customer purchases, receive their money, and allows me to create in-house charge accounts (which I like). Cash Footprint is feature-rich and is not a "stripped down" version of expensive point of sale systems (in my opinion).

Pluspunten: There are several things that I really liked about Cash Footprint. For one, there are no recurring monthly fees. Other Point of Sale software I considered purchasing required monthly fees and expensive or exclusive hardware. Cash Footprint works with a lot of "off the shelf" peripherals so a person isn't "stuck" buying hardware devices specifically designed for the product. Secondly, I really like the customer service. There was one specific "off the shelf" point of sale software I purchased a few years ago that after 90 days there was no further customer service. Besides it was "glitchy" and some of the functionality was cumbersome to get it work exactly right. With Cash Footprint, anytime I had an issue or a question, I could e-mail [SENSISTIVE CONTENT HIDDEN](or watch a Youtube video) and get the answers to my questions quickly. Last of all, I really like how once a person buys Cash Footprint they get a lifetime commitment of service from the company. Cash Footprint sells receipt printers, cash drawers, barcode scanners - and even the complete system. I specifically like the receipt printer because it prints 3" receipts (instead of 2"). Cash Footprint does not cut corners on selling peripherals and hardware. The software works great for me. Yeah, I as an Avon Independent Sales Representative I do have customers that give me orders but I also have sales events where customers buy from on hand inventory as well. I like this software to help me at my sales events.

Minpunten: I have no cons but I don't enjoy putting in inventory because it's time-consuming but that's not Cash Footprint's fault; it just wants a lot of details because the more details about my products the better, right? It would be nice to use an existing credit card processing system, which I have to use outside Cash Footprint to process credit and debit card sales.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van LotHill Solutions op 5-12-2019

Jess, thank you for the fabulous review. Much appreciated! If you have any questions going forward, feel free to reach out. As you know, we offer free support and software updates for all our products.

A couple things to note for folks reading this review...

We offer payroll services and employee time clock solutions too (TimeDrop and Tickadee).

We DO offer integrated card processing using some existing card processors. If you are using something like PayPal or Square, we won't be able to integrate those, but our pricing would be better than the flat 2.9% or 2.7% fees anyway... esp if you process a lot of debit cards. It's worth a shot for us to get you a free savings comparison.

Have a great day!

- James

Excellent Software Support!

Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019
Joyce A.
Consultant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have already done an initial review after I setup the software with all the inventory and completed first month billing of customers.
I wanted to do an updated review of the ongoing use of the software and support assistance.
I am very impressed with the speed at which my questions have been answered. And I have already had and upgrade to the software free of charge as promised. I encourage anyone sitting on the fence in considering this program to take the leap and buy it; you will be very satisfied with the training videos and the powerful tool for the low purchase price.

Pluspunten: I like how easy it was to setup and use and the cheap price. Also the ease to do backups.

Minpunten: I had to really think about this answer. Least of all I did not like the setup of the statement for the accounts receivable. I wrote to the support team and they made immediate changes to the statement in answser to my issues. Needless to say I was shocked and very impressed at the same time at the speed they addressed my concern.
Since they made the changes there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Trouble fixed.

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2017
Owner/Do it all
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Works for my shop like it was designed for me. Easy to set up and figure out and back ups are easy.

Minpunten: That it does not have the ability to keep track of repair tickets for my shop. A module added to my POS would be perfect..I will wait.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van LotHill Solutions op 30-8-2017

Hey Jim Ed, good to hear from you! Glad you are loving the program. Don't forget, to enable the ability to open and save transactions for work orders you can go to Tools menu > Options > Add-ons and turn on that feature. There is no added cost to do so for the pro version. We have chosen to turn that feature off by default so it doesn't clutter the screen. Most of our users don't use that feature out of the box so we have it turned off. Let me know if you need anything else. Have a great day! - James

So far its unbeatable

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2017
Store Manager
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using CashFoot print for over 3 years and am happy with the software and James, the technical support. It stinks when you can't use your software or get into your POS,prior company I was with had bad software that did the backups,where I actually lost 2/3's of my inventory and customer data base. I thought the backups were going correctly but when I did need the backup information is when I found problems with their backup. I can happily say, I've never had a problem with CashFootPrints like that. Highly recommended.

Pluspunten: Dependability,Technical support and company always open to my suggestions.

Minpunten: The fact that I can't sit in my chair and give the software voice commands, but knowing James, it will be one day if its needed by all.

Always when we need support, they're there for us! The software is easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2017
Selena M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The feature to add customers with their phone numbers is great! If we expand, we can get another pos and all inventory is synced to the second pos.

Pluspunten: The layout! It is easy to figure out if you have the time! I've seen software when checking out at other store and it looks confusing and very bland. We love the quick sell button feature! And the feature to add customers which helps us know which are repeat customers.

Minpunten: We offer layaway but layaway isn't available yet on the software so we have to keep up with it ourselves.

Robust POS System without the Robust Price Tag...

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2016
Jimmy T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We were looking for a TOP SHELF POS system without a top shelf price tag and Cash Footprint fits the bill nicely. They are frequently adding new features and the ease of use make it an even more priceless tool to have in your retail toolbox. It has great reports for sales, inventory and low inventory - plus multiple added features such as a time clock & the ability to use your own gift cards. It is linkable with multiple locations and the folks at Lothill step up to the plate to deliver a home run every time we interact with them. Thanks for building a system that's everything you need in a retail environment!

Very good POS system

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2019
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have a vacuum repair and sewing machine business with 50,000 pieces (plus) and it handles the inventory well and my customer base,does pretty much what I want it to do and more.

Pluspunten: That its more reliable and easy to use than Perennial. I stopped using Perennial about 4 years ago and have been using CashFootprint POS since, matter of fact I use 2 copies for my business.

Minpunten: I am happy with it so I won't say anything negative about the software.

Works great for both of my shop locations.

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2017
Mike A.
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Both of my stores use the same software, consistency. Reports are easy to produce.

Pluspunten: Features for the price. This software does everything we need. Easily adaptable to my business, which is a niche business in retail (Bowling Pro Shops).

Minpunten: Would like to be able to get into inventory more easily when in the receive inventory screen. Would like to be able to find prices/change prices on items while receiving inventory.

I have used CashFootPrint for a few years now, the price is low cost for what you get in program.

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017
Brett W.
Owner Manager
Wijn en sterke drank, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Benefit of knowing it is a program that wont crash. And does everything I need.

Pluspunten: Pro Version, Ease of use, ease of adding items. Reports are great and customization is simple. NEVER a crash like a few other programs I tried that required complete recount. Fast and easy to train on.

Minpunten: I trust this Program 100% I would like the option for several merchant account processors all ready in system.

Awesome P.O.S. System & Support

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2017
Willie A.
GM
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have not regretted a day that we purchased this system. Easy of use and functionality is great. All future locations will have LotHills P.O.S. systems software and systems in place. An in system Lay-A-Way program would be an awesome item to add to the current software, Thanks for the great support and easy of use for the current system.

Pluspunten: Easy of use

Minpunten: Need to have the ability / option not to print all of the reports at the end of the day.

We needed an inexpensive point of sale software. CashFootprint was the answer!

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2017
Jennifer B.
Librarian
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are able to track our stock and know when to reorder a product. We can also upload our customers to see previous purchases. This allows us to tell them the sizes and styles purchased previously.

Pluspunten: This product is easy to use. We were up and running in no time.
Also, the company provides Youtube videos to help with trouble shooting. If that doesn't help, the customer support team answers your email or phone call within about an hour.

Minpunten: I would like to see more features on the inventory side of the program. But, it is a pos product and not an inventory product.

A Power House in a small Package

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018
Toni S.
Supervisor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I really love the CashFootprint POS. I believe it is very user friendly and it only get better with every update as the years goes by.

Pluspunten: The ease of use
The inexpensiveness of the software
The numerous customizable features offered
The fact that updates are free
Wonderful Customer Service

Minpunten: Inability FOR THE MOMENT to do very detailed and in depth customizable reports

Lothill support is always quick to reposnse to me concerns & help in any way!

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2018
Janie M.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: What I like most about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is the user friendly layout. Most things are easy to find and I've learned multiple shortcuts.

Minpunten: What I like least about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is not having the straight forward option to do layaways. Accounts receivable is what we've been using but get customers confused.

3 Month Review

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2017
Mike L.
Detailhandel
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have only ever used the National POS softwares to run my business. When looking to upgrade my system, I had decided against the cloud & invest into CashFootprint. I have been using it for 3 months now & must say that I had converted over to it rather easily. As with any software change, you can expect a modest learning curve - though it was a pretty straight forward conversion. The available features are everything that I could possibly need to grow my business. I also like how the platform continues to grow and get better through updates. It's a cost effective & efficient system that I would recommend to anybody.

Pluspunten: Lothill is a company that listens to its customers & is always making improvements to its software.

Minpunten: It's value packed software - though will not have every feature of the much more expensive software companies.

we love our CFP, is the easiest and cheapest way to run our small business POS

Beoordeeld op 18-5-2018
Jordon V.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: stopped writing paper receipts.

Pluspunten: ease of use and setup, cost, lack of subscription fees. not trying to write a book here, your stuff works so I use it, are we at 100 characters yet?

Minpunten: seems to freeze up when closing til sometimes, sometimes slow to respond to customer or inventory queries - probably more of a laptop issue

Absolutely the best value out there!!

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018
Brett F.
President and CEO
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Simple to use and very versatile! Great features and reporting capabilities! The functionality is simple to train and the technical support is second to none!

Minpunten: Some of the sales reporting does not allow enough space for values in the millions and tens of millions.

Value for money

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2019
Gaurav N.
Operations
Tabak, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This POS is very good value for money. We have used it for over 4 years now, never had a problem and have it installed at three different machines. Executve is very helpful and provides timely support.

Minpunten: We don't have any issues with this POS software.

A long learning experience but so far we like our new system

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2018
Chris W.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Inventory tracking, better reciepts than the previous system we had

Pluspunten: Most features are easy to use once set up properly, The reports are extreamly helpful , Their support staff is great, I was very frustrated and the customer took control of our computer and explained what he was fixing and how it effects the program. Thanks to him I am no longer frustrated. Thanks a bunch James!!!!

Minpunten: I wish the videos and instructions could be a little easier to understand. Thanks for pause and rewind buttons. I had to watch 3 or 4 times to keep up und understand what needed to be done.

CashFootprint Point-of Sale Software

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2016
Joseph H.
Business Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Nothing negative, software is great, price is reasonable and support is excellent. Had an issue and the company response was quick and efficient to ensure our down time was almost nothing.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and user friendly.

Minpunten: Nothing I can say in this area.

Bought this software in 2014 for no recurring fees

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2018
Richard L.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It works fine, it's simple and does what we need. From tracking inventory to sales tax reports, It works fine.

Minpunten: Some of the reports are not intuitive to find. You have to remember how you got the correct report last time.

Great software and customer service

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2018
Lorrie R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It does everything I need from POS to reports. Very nice apearance, works smoothly, and they are always adding new features. This company is always listening to their customers and gets back with you quickly.

very usefull tools for retails.

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2018
Xavier S.
Supermarkten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The system, is really easy to use and let me monitor sales, inventory, employees working time.

Pluspunten: easy to customize the quick sales button

Minpunten: honestly i do not have any negative point for he system, for my operation fit really good.

Customer service above and beyond

Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019
James B.
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Purchased the software based on value and the ability to download a trail version. The setup was very easy, and when I had a problem moving a terminal to another location, the professionals at Lot Hill had me up and running in no time!

Pluspunten: Ease of use, installation and operation, the trial version was also helpful in making my decision along with Lot hill answering all my questions before I made my purchase.

Minpunten: I find very few cons, and when I question functionality, Lot hill always helps me with the solution I need to fit my retail business

Very useful POS for our Small Business

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018
Yamilka A.
Vice President
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is a great software, very efficient and cost effective.

Pluspunten: I found CashFootprint to be a great cloud POS. This great application keeps my inventory organized and allows me o keep a history of my customers while process transactions in a secure manner. I love the Loyalty points feature and gift card tracking and the customers love them too.

Minpunten: We function in Layaway. All of our customers buy our packages in layaway and I would like to have that feature available.

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2018
Floyd J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: good price and easy to use and the tech support is great

Minpunten: needs a employee time clock and could have easier customer find files