SurePayroll reviews

Over SurePayroll

SurePayroll maakt salarisadministratie eenvoudig, waardoor je tijd bespaart en je de flexibiliteit hebt om de salarisadministratie in je planning op te nemen. Ideaal voor 1-10 werknemers.

Meer informatie over SurePayroll

I don’t like being charged to cancel a payroll immediately after it is submitted.

Beoordelingen van SurePayroll

4,0
Waar voor je geld

SurePayroll heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 225 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je SurePayroll eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (225)

Pete
Pete
Customer Success Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Joan
Bookkeeper in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Good priced payroll service

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been excellent. The set up was easy, using it is simple, they notify me and the employee when paid, the customer service is helpful and easy to reach.

Easy to use, online interface, really good support. Much less costly than prior service. They made switching from prior service quite easy. They can do pay by pay worker’s compensation.

I don’t always run my payroll on the same schedule and am always resetting things. Would like more ability to customize the reports.

2 jaar geleden

Joan, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Remotes Service Specialist in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Appreciative of The Ease that is SurePayroll

4,0 vorige week Nieuw

Surepayroll puts me at ease, knowing that once our time is submitted, the staff will be alerted via email that a paystub has been formed, and they will automatically be direct deposited - always without issue!

Switching to Surepayroll was difficult, as the onboarding directions are a bit confusing.

Josh
Josh
Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Have been trying to cancel for 6 months

1,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: They are associated with RunPayRoll.com, this is just an 'updated' version, same login. Anyways, my business closed its doors at the end of 2021, in January I started trying to get my W-2s out and was unable to login to the site. I kept getting a security error come up and ask me to verify via text or call.. No worries. But they never came in, I tried multiple times. I called their support, waited on the phone for over an hour (it was during peak season but still). Finally I was able to at least get the W2s sent to me and was told to cancel my account I needed to login and do it. Again, can't login because the system was not sending out text/calls to my number. They even verified and confirmed it was the right number. The support person told me to email in to request cancellation, the email back said "Login to the system and cancel from there." I emailed back, saying I couldn't and I'm not going to spend another 2 hours on the phone trying to cancel. That was in Feburary, and since then they've been taking money out of my account each month even with NO employees in the system. Finally I got someone on the phone and they canceled my account once we went through the steps that I'd done 100x by now to try and login. So from Feb-July I was paying for a system that did not work, would not even let me login. I've requested a refund, but yeah that probably won't happen. Stay away, this is really a bad business. Especially when dealing with payroll.

When in business, it was easy to login and approve payroll

Their customer support is the worse I've ever encountered.

Mark
Attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

SurePayroll is Not Bad

4,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It was okay but I did not stay with them for long.

I liked that it was easy to use. The price was nice, too. They are part of PayChex which is a much bigger company and cost a lot more to use.

You have to pay for things that I think should be included. A clock in and out is extra. Reports are extra, etc.

Wendy
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Best payroll service at an affordable price

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have a very small dental office (5 employees) and I run the whole business aspect, so I needed a simple, easy to use solution for payroll. We had used ADP and Paychex for years and it worked. But when I moved to Surepayroll just to save money I didn't realize how easy payroll really could be. I love their online interface. Doing payroll takes me no time at all. The W2 reporting has been excellent as well.

It is very user friendly. I seldom if ever need any technical assistance, but when I have it was easy and the person helping me was extremely knowledgeable.

My employees have complained that accessing their account online has been difficult. We find that it doesn't work well on a smartphone and it must be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. This needs to be addressed because many of my employees no longer have a computer at home. They rely soley on their phone or tablet for their computer needs.

2 jaar geleden

Wendy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Angela
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Not Fancy but very dependable

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Surepayroll has amazing customer support. You don't have a dedicated specialist, but no matter who you get it's great.
In over 5 years I have used Surepayroll I have never had an issue with my federal or state filings. Payroll is easy to run and check for errors. After previous experience with Quickbooks and recently with Paycor, Surepayroll is definitely the superior product as far as running payrolls and staying compliant with the IRS goes.

Ease of use Intuitive interface Dependability Customer service

No reminders for reviews Birthday reminders are spotty No self onboarding

2 jaar geleden

Angela, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Agency Principal in VS
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent product - insanely easy to use - however be cautious when you initiate the initial set-up

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All-in-all I strongly recommend utilizing Sure Payroll, but until they fix their onboarding integrity issues, I would recommend only starting at the end of a quarter or at year end - but overall I am super happy I made the switch even with the implementation mistakes. Their product and customer service is exceptional.

This software is inherently easy to use and understand. The monthly fee's are very low. The customer service is exceptional. Once you get it set-up properly it works seamlessly and flawlessly.

Here is the caveat - if it isn't set up correctly by the person (your sales person) at initiation you will have a huge headache accessing numbers from your prior system and adding them to the new Sure Payroll software - thereby creating unnecessary headaches and hassle for you. My sales person dropped the ball twice on taking my mid-year numbers from my legacy software and inputting it at initiation into Sure Payroll. At the end of the day, Sure Payroll stepped up and fixed their mistake, but it caused me stress straightening it out with them. To alleviate this in the future, all they need to do is form an Onboarding Team that can be a check and balance to ensure the sales team loads everything correctly - so the clients life isn't disrupted when their sales team drops the ball. Until then, only transfer in at the precise end of a quarter or at year end.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Eric
Attorney in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

SurePayroll Works for me!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: They could do a better job of answering phone calls. I have been placed on hold a few times - and held longer than convenient, but once the tech support person came on the line, we resolved all issues.

Management and Payment of Employment Taxes and 1099s

Inability to completely void out a payroll check that was incorrectly issued, and instead I had to issue a negative amount the next week in order to make the adjustment for the end of year 1099.

2 jaar geleden

Eric, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

LaVergne
Bookkeeper in VS
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

You wanted feedback so here it is

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client sends last minute email with a change) and instead of being able to 'save' and make those changes, which in my mind should be able to just update in the payroll info, you lose all your input. That doesn't make sense to me. I think users would have more success if the sales person OR a training person, for new users, had a short session that would go through some of these processes. ALSO, not all customer service people are made the same. For the most part, the people I have talked to have been helpful, but it's been a 50/50 experience. One woman I wanted to hang up on her because she did not have a good attitude. The other problem I had was when a new client was set up. An employee was missed even though the 941's & DE9C's were forwarded - my client was charged for adding that missing employee and when I asked on several occasions, HOW DID YOU BALANCE (which you couldn't have since you would use the 4 qtrs of reports) I never got an answer. I asked that the charge for corrections be shared and the fee was cut in half. In my mind this was an error on your side.

2 jaar geleden

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Letitia
Chief Financial Officer in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Healing Hearts Review

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Since Sure Payroll pays and files all employee taxes for local governments we were made aware of a situation in another state where the employee should have been paying county AND city taxes that we were not aware of before. By using Sure Payroll and them filing on our behalf saved us hundreds of dollars in penalties and late fees.

I really like the reminder emails so that I don't forget to enter the information necessary for the payroll to be processed. I also really like that they take care of the necessary filings for all employee withholdings and tax payments. The software is very easy to use and if I have any questions, their customer service is very helpful and willing to assist with any issues that arise. I was not a part of implementing the change of our payroll to the Sure Payroll software so I can't personally speak into the ease of integration. I am not aware of any problems during the switch to the new payroll system.

I am not able to print the summary reports from the printer icon. It forces me to download the report and then print it. It seems odd to have a feature that doesn't work. I'm not sure if it isn't compatible with my printer or why it doesn't do anything when I click the printer icon.

2 jaar geleden

Letitia, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Melinda
President in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

SurePayroll - Best Option for Small Businesses

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: SurePayroll is amazing for my small business. It enables us to focus on the work we do, not the administrative task of doing payroll. We do not have an HR dedicated person so being efficient is #1 priority.

This software has enabled us to free of so much time. We used to do payroll manually and it would take 4-6 hrs. Now, we get it done in a matter of minutes. That alone makes it worth the money!

Overall, I don't have many cons. There was a bit of a roughness in the beginning but it has all been smooth sailing since.

2 jaar geleden

Melinda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

George
Staff Psychologist in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

SurePayroll Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have realized that payroll can be far cheaper than I initially thought without going with a company who has no backing from a larger institution. Other than this, Paychex acquainted me with most aspects of payroll prior to signing up.

I liked the price point for my sole proprietor small business without losing the connection to Paychex. It was far less expensive than SurePayroll while being in the SurePayroll family. The customer support and user experience were both excellent and made it easy to handle payroll. They also assisted with compliance needs which was expert and helpful

First there is a bug in the software for remembering a specific computer re: two factor authentication. However, the larger issue is the inability for PayChex to get on board with recommending or at least not badmouthing the product. I was approached numerous times to try and poach me back from SurePayroll and I was told SurePayroll would not be a solution that would help me when I closed my account with Paychex. That was truly disheartening but didnt stop my move due to the price point. That said, I felt that I had my money stolen from me by Paychex for not routing me to SurePayroll as SurePayroll covered my needs far more appropriately than Paychex.

2 jaar geleden

George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are sorry that you had to jump through those unnecessary hoops. Thanks again for your kind words.

Ashish
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Better of the worse - No customer service

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I was with Gusto for one month, and came right back because as the title of my review is "Worse of the worsts."

SurePayroll has been around for a long time. I used to run payroll for my company with over thirty employee, back in 2004. The portal had always been user friendly and full of features I needed like multi-state filing etc. Now, I use the portal to conduct payroll for just myself.

SurePayroll has been charging me $55 per month for payroll. Their website (SurePayroll.com/pricing) clearly states $29.99 per month + $5 per employee. Since I use QuickBooks integration, that is additional $4.99, which should bring my bill to $40 per month. I have been unable to get this issue corrected. The support emails go to this black hole with no tracking, as there is no Inbox built into the portal. They try to resolve issues by calling you back at their schedule, which may not be convenient to you. Calling them back and finding a human to talk to, is almost impossible during the tax season. Most issues like mine can be simply resolved over an email exchange. Support used to be great during the original [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] time. Since PayChex took it over, the support has gone down the tube. I won't be surprised if PayChex's end game is to merge the product with PayChex Flex. The company address still says Glenview IL, however, the letters sent to this address are being forwarded to PayChex's corporate office in Rochester NY. Don't expect a reply from there. There is a guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at SurePayroll, who always responds to a negative review. I even sent him an email to ask the correct corporate address. He never responded.

Reactie Paychex

vorig jaar

Ashish, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Lisa
Owner/Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Payroll Software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

2 jaar geleden

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Cherie
Managing Member in VS
Medische apparatuur, 2-10 werknemers

Definitely recommend SurePayroll

5,0 2 jaar geleden

We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

2 jaar geleden

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Tony
Manager in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

SurePayroll is a good payroll company to use but it is very outdated

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is good. Their customer support is good. I've never had any issues with their customer service.

If you want a basic payroll system then SP will do the job. The software is fairly easy to use. I've been using SP for 18 years and for the most part, it works well. I love having access to any reports I need almost instantly.

My biggest gripe with SP is it hasn't kept up with the times. It's the same software that I've been using for the last 18 years which means it doesn't have many bells and whistles. It doesn't integrate any time records...I have to use a separate service to keep track of time. It doesn't work well on a smartphone or tablet. You can't give more than one person access to the system (no bookkeeper and CPA...just one) You have to verify through text every time you try and log in. Any time you change employee info you have to reset your payroll info and start all over again. You can't have too many line items on the paystub. You can't change the names of some on-the-line items.

Reactie Paychex

vorig jaar

Tony, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Andrea
Audiologist in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Makes Payroll stress free and so easy!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall very happy, easy to run payroll and keep going with business. I have only utilized the payroll features with SurePayroll, none of the extra benefits.

This is easy to use whether it is online or in the app. It takes me minutes to run payroll at most! User friendly, great support if I have questions, and easy for my employees to use.

The auto populated dates are some how out of sync, and although it is very easy for me to go in and change the dates, they are never correct right from the start. I use this for my nanny and same thing happened there and I had to call and it was a little bit of a run around until I got someone to help me "reset" them so they were right but I have no idea all the steps they had me do to reset them so I have to call for my business to figure this out, I just haven't done it. I am sure it is my user error some how but that has been the only minor complaint.

2 jaar geleden

Andrea, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Leslie
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Best Payroll Company Around

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

2 jaar geleden

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

General Manager in VS
Tekstschrijvers, 2-10 werknemers

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

2 jaar geleden

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Tina
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 11-50 werknemers

Value

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall great product. I highly reccoend this platform.

Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service.

Reports can not be customized and there are limited standard reports.

2 jaar geleden

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Jennifer
Owner/Agent in VS

Easy to Use and Great Client Support

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been extremely happy with SurePayroll. Taxes are easily done for me and my accountant has also been pleased.

I love that I can pick up the phone and be walked through the process. Instead of doing it for me, they teach me the "how to's" Always so professional and helpful

There really aren't any cons I have experienced in the short time I've been a customer. It's been too easy, so far.

2 jaar geleden

Jennifer, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Keith
Admin/Staff Pastor in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Great Decision!!!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We were still writing checks two years ago. Don’t know why we waited so long for this!

After contacting many different companies we chose SurePayroll and we are so glad we did. They send out emails to remind you to enter payroll every week. Payroll is on default and so easy to enter or make changes. They even have an app to do payroll, however we have never used it so I can’t comment on that part.

They have a glitch in the system that has to do with separating direct deposits for one person into two checking accounts. It shows up on one of our employees that we need to write a check for .01 cents. I have spoken to them about it but they have never been able to fix the problem.

2 jaar geleden

Keith, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Save Your Time, Energy and Money and find something else!

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I signed up with RM, who is a nice guy btw. I wanted to get set up with their payroll system and also use a time keeping product. I explained what I was looking for in a time keeping product and they referred me to their time keeping system because it could do things like have 3rd party managers approve time. I was told that by the rep, manager and then discovered a week later that I couldn't do it by their implementation team. Ok, I get it, they were wrong. I understand. They referred me to a list of their partners of about 12-15 or so. So I go through that whole list (which takes time btw) and pick one. I'm like "yay!" got one... finally fixed. Then a week later, it is discovered that they actually aren't a time keeping partner even though they referred me to them. And this was already after I spent $1k on setting up with that "partner". So, then I'm like whatever, you guys are clueless, let me think of a solution here. They offer me a free month of service for my troubles. Sweet. At this point, I just want to be able to pay people. I could go on in more detail but have to be brief because I'm running out of space, so here are my highlights...I set up payroll and guess what? like most of their software architecture it didn't work, the people didn't get paid. They were like, where's my paycheck? Same day I called Intuit Payroll and they took care of everything in one hour and got people paid! what a shit show from SurePayroll. Should be called ShitPayroll or unSurePayroll.

At first it was easy to use. But that only lasted a day. Everything on the back end of their software is crap. Bad connections. Different teams don't communicate to each other. It's a sad case. They should either try to fix it or give up in the industry. I definitely do not recommend them.

Whoever runs this company needs to re-examine EVERYTHING. From your front line reps, to your managers, to your operations, to you Customer Service Team to your engineers or IT staff that develop and maintain your SaaS product. I don't know how a company like Paychex can by SurePayroll and not make it better than what it is. People are nice but pretty much clueless and not helpful.

2 jaar geleden

Michael, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at [email protected] or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Anna
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent Customer Service

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.