Great tool for complex business model

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019
Dan O.
Director of Project Management
Industriële automatisering, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: From day 1 the experience with the Forecast tool and the Forecast team has been excellent. Its clear that this is by no means a finished product which gives us users the flexibility to request new features with the knowledge we will be listened to.
I look forward to a long relationship with the Forecast team

Pluspunten: Constant and quick feature releases
Listen to feedback and make updates based on customers needs
Great performance
very easy to use
Jira integration is fantastic
Lots of work done to improve the cost tracking and financial/budget elements
Great communications and availability of Forecast team

Minpunten: Forecast initially catered for a very specific agency type business model that didn't fit with relayrs business model however through constant improvements and feedback the tool is getting closer to what is expected

Centreline Architecture Forecast Review

Rob F.
Partner
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With Forecast we are easily able to plan our architectural projects and meet deadlines and stay within the allotted budgets. Forecast is consistently updating with new features and addons.

Pluspunten: Forecast's customer support is one of the best I have ever had to work with. Second would be the ease of use for staff to help plan out projects and timelines.

Minpunten: Sometimes parts don't work correctly but they are quick to fix the issues.

Can be improved for the team

Rachida L.
Consulting Director
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: i can manage the production of my team and much more with the budget plan

Pluspunten: Share roadmap with client
Overview on Team Tasks : forecast & timesheet
Financial view and

Minpunten: Need to be more easy for the consultant when he schedule & timesheet task . for exemple it will be very efficient when the consultant create himself subtasks from the milestone and schedule it on his roadmap ---> to be visible on his weekly/monthly roadmap.
other example : we have 100 hours for the milestone "run consulting" and i create a subtask 'reporting " 5 hours work. it will be great to update the amount of initial hours from the milestone ie : 95h ( does not work actually :( )

Steep Learning Curve

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2019
Sahar A.
QA Lead

Opmerkingen: Timeline management.
One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pluspunten: I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members.
I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Minpunten: It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Great, almost all-in-one tool

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Sacha R.
Computergames, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Previously, we had relied on a number of products to manage our projects and teams and while we're not there yet, Forecast seems to be the tool that will finally allow us to consolidate most of those other tools into one.

Pluspunten: The integration of task tracking, time tracking, and resource allocation.

Minpunten: The budget pages are a bit confusing and it's a bit tedious to update task and time entries. It's quite expensive for a large team.

Great application for time and task management.

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2019
Gareth N.
Full Stack Developer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pluspunten: I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Minpunten: I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

Simplified project management

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Gareth N.
Web Developer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pluspunten: I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Minpunten: The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Easy to use software

Rajwant B.
Client Service Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: With other PM type software, they can be clunky and difficult to use. I like how Forecast is intuitive, fast and most importantly, fun to use. When completing tasks, you get an avatar popping up telling you great job which is fund.

Minpunten: There are a few bugs that need to be worked out with Gitlab syncing tasks to Forecast. More importantly, Gitlab uses markdown which Forecast would sometimes strip when it would sync a task.

Forecast helped us get organized.

Alexis S.
Marketing Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The workflow view was helpful to our web developers because they were used to using that type of system. The benefit Forecast provided our team was coupling that feature with the ability to manage general traffic flow, work accountability and timelines for projects.

Minpunten: We experienced a few bugs with browser compatibility and Google docs. The reporting structure is also not as robust for the reports we need to generate for internal review and our clients.

New users

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
Ben F.
Production Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to manage teams and members. Intuitive design of scheduling tool makes it easy to allocate team members to projects. Integration via API with our other systems seems to be working well. Responsive support that seem to take questions and suggestions and use them to improve new iterations of the product. Timesheets are simple to use and easy to check.

Minpunten: New design features, especially the last round, can drop out of the blue and be quite jarring when faced with them the first time. But at least they're committed to improving the product.
Building reports can at times be less than intuitive.

Really good software

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
Gordon H.
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pluspunten: I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Minpunten: There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

If operational effectiveness and productivity is important to your business, don't hesitate.

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2019
UX Specialist / Consultant / Strategist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've spent many years trialing and implementing various Project Management and scheduling applications from an Ops perspective, but, frustratingly, I never found one that effectively combined these attributes into a single, easy-to-use package -- until Forecast. That's impressive enough, but it's the ease of analysis and reporting that really sealed the deal for me. I can't imagine our business without it.

Pluspunten: The combined resource scheduling, time-tracking and Project Management tools, the detailed operational tracking and reporting, frequency of updates, and, of course, the excellent customer support. It has been a pleasure to both use the product, and interact with the Forecast team.

Minpunten: Honestly, nothing springs to mind. The Forecast team have been very receptive to suggestions for minor enhancements as they've evolved the product, and I've no doubt that will continue. I feel we're in good hands.

Great Experience So Far

Raya S.
Projects Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The team at Forecast have been and continue to be a dream to deal with. They have already shown their willingness to implement some of the ideas and missing functionality we were looking for even though we have not yet taken up the product and are still making decisions. I am confident if we did go ahead with Forecast our voice would be heard and they would work with us to get the platform in place and implemented in a smooth, friendly, and professional manner, which has been my experience to date. Marine in particular has been extremely helpful with no question / ask of us being too much trouble.

Pluspunten: The software is very intuitive, user-friendly and the look and feel is simple and gives the clearest view of the studio, who is available, who has time, who does not and what are they working on.
The project set-up, platform for scoping and the ability to set each team with their own capacity is brilliant and only compliments an already great offering in the world of team, project and capacity management.

Minpunten: I don't have any negatives just now, but we are in an extended trial period and so we are still decision making on whether or not this will be the right tool for our purpose.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Brian S.
Branding & Digital Marketing Director
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pluspunten: The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

I tryed almost 50 tools before choose "Forecast" to work

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019
Bruno C.
IT Service Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After try almost 50 tools of "project management", "work management" (really, 50 tools, seriously), I chose "Forecast". It just makes sense. My team love it. The cost worth it.

Pluspunten: - Beautiful, fast and easy to use interface.
- The mix of Kanban and SCRUM just makes sense.
- The way I track the work, attach files, and so on, everything works fine

Minpunten: - The mobile app has a lot of limitations, and there are a lot of features that only can be made in the browser interface.

Forecast as personal task management

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2019
Felix C.
Designer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very good, and it is clear that the product is being worked on. Both through updates by e-mail and seeing new functions being added.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and clear overviews. The design is very clean and the UX is topnotch.

Minpunten: It is a bit fixated on certain aspects.
Instead of being focused on projects,
a focus on clients would be nice as an alternaive.
This is not a minus if all your work is project-based.

Good User experience

Prajith M.
Associate Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the fact that you don't have to save the hours and it automatically updates when the value is entered into the slot.

Minpunten: A little too many updates are being made to the application. May be reduce the rollouts to once a month or so.

Forecast review

Janet F.
Utilities Planner
Nutsbedrijven, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am using forecast to programme time across multiple projects and clients. It allows me to quickly see the proportion of time allocated to each client, and for every project, track progress to completion. It provides that "birds eye" view on when I am getting behind on something. It has assisted me to more accurately scope how long each project or task may take to complete. It also provides a solid basis to explain why I cannot accept additional work- when my time is fully allocated. It was worth taking the time to set up my programme properly so that I get the best from the available functionality.

Pluspunten: It allows me to schedule my work programme and see when my time is fully allocated for months in advance. It shows future periods when I could accept more work from clients.

Minpunten: I don't have any concerns. Note it takes some time to set up each persons programme (perhaps up to half a day), it is worth doing this properly as then the tracking of projects will be more informative.

Forecast helps me stay on track

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Copywriter
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Minpunten: My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

Daily User

John H.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Forecast does a great job of organizing our Agile tickets.

Pluspunten: Easy to enter hours against project/tickets and add comments all from the timesheet page.

Minpunten: 1) It can be a chore to track down a specific ticket. I input the number in the search box and Bobo the Bear cannot find anything. Instead I need to slog through projects trying to see where it is.
2) Bobo the Bear. I'm old enough to remember Clippy. Why bring him back, just under a new name?

Facilitated company processes

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Guilherme B.
Data Scientist
Informatiediensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is an enjoyable experience, it made some company processes very easy and unbureaucratic, we have much more visibility of the projects and it unified some tasks that were made separately.

Pluspunten: The ease of use to create tasks, manage hours spent on projects and have a centralized way to cast hours.

Minpunten: Some tools apparently have the same functionality and its not easy (as the other features) to design sprints and have visibility of them.

Time tracking at its finest

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019
Glennon N.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Forecast allows me to solve the problem of reporting my time to upper management.

Pluspunten: As an engineer there is nothing more rewarding than tracking my time. Forecast allows me to do that in a fun and easy way.

Minpunten: I don't get to use it enough - Forecast is the best application ever made!

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Aaron K.
Project Engineer
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pluspunten: Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks.

Minpunten: Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pluspunten: Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks. Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great.
Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat.
Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Minpunten: Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself.

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
François D.
Consultant
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself, especially in an agency with multiple projects and the need to have a control on planning and costs.

Pluspunten: Forecast is really good to keep a planning on tracks and to have a view of your costs during the project.

Minpunten: With Forecast, you need to be very organized and the software is challenging because you can't start if you don't know what you are doing.