Steep Learning Curve

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2019
Sahar A.
QA Lead

Opmerkingen: Timeline management.
One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pluspunten: I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members.
I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Minpunten: It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Great application for time and task management.

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2019
Gareth N.
Full Stack Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pluspunten: I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Minpunten: I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

New users

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
Ben F.
Production Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to manage teams and members. Intuitive design of scheduling tool makes it easy to allocate team members to projects. Integration via API with our other systems seems to be working well. Responsive support that seem to take questions and suggestions and use them to improve new iterations of the product. Timesheets are simple to use and easy to check.

Minpunten: New design features, especially the last round, can drop out of the blue and be quite jarring when faced with them the first time. But at least they're committed to improving the product.
Building reports can at times be less than intuitive.

Really good software

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
Gordon H.
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pluspunten: I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Minpunten: There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

If operational effectiveness and productivity is important to your business, don't hesitate.

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2019
UX Specialist / Consultant / Strategist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've spent many years trialing and implementing various Project Management and scheduling applications from an Ops perspective, but, frustratingly, I never found one that effectively combined these attributes into a single, easy-to-use package -- until Forecast. That's impressive enough, but it's the ease of analysis and reporting that really sealed the deal for me. I can't imagine our business without it.

Pluspunten: The combined resource scheduling, time-tracking and Project Management tools, the detailed operational tracking and reporting, frequency of updates, and, of course, the excellent customer support. It has been a pleasure to both use the product, and interact with the Forecast team.

Minpunten: Honestly, nothing springs to mind. The Forecast team have been very receptive to suggestions for minor enhancements as they've evolved the product, and I've no doubt that will continue. I feel we're in good hands.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Brian S.
Branding & Digital Marketing Director
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pluspunten: The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

I tryed almost 50 tools before choose "Forecast" to work

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019
Bruno C.
IT Service Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After try almost 50 tools of "project management", "work management" (really, 50 tools, seriously), I chose "Forecast". It just makes sense. My team love it. The cost worth it.

Pluspunten: - Beautiful, fast and easy to use interface.
- The mix of Kanban and SCRUM just makes sense.
- The way I track the work, attach files, and so on, everything works fine

Minpunten: - The mobile app has a lot of limitations, and there are a lot of features that only can be made in the browser interface.

Forecast helps me stay on track

Copywriter
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Minpunten: My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019
Aaron K.
Project Engineer
Civiele techniek, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pluspunten: Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks.

Minpunten: Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pluspunten: Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks. Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great.
Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat.
Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Minpunten: Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself.

François D.
Consultant
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself, especially in an agency with multiple projects and the need to have a control on planning and costs.

Pluspunten: Forecast is really good to keep a planning on tracks and to have a view of your costs during the project.

Minpunten: With Forecast, you need to be very organized and the software is challenging because you can't start if you don't know what you are doing.

The best team management tool so far

Alessia A.
Web developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can track my time in an amazing way and have all the information I need at hand for each task and also for every project

Pluspunten: I have been a TFS user for years and never found a better management tool until I found Forecast. It is the clearest tool on the market so far, easy to use, full of functionalities. There's a lot o pros to it: - highly customizable
-the time recording is amazing
-comments and subtasks on cards are awesome
-you can also tag other members of the team if you want them to read something

Minpunten: -when i record time, the record pop up is too small for the tasks names in the select
-i'd like a clearer way to mark done subtasks rather than a checkbox

Packed with Features but steep learning curve.

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Soham V.
UX Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our company was trying out the product to have better project planning and resource allocation but most of us do not want to use it because of the time it takes to log in tasks or hours.

Pluspunten: The way the data is displayed is quite intuitive, the timelines, hours, pending hours and etc. I like how my upcoming tasks are shown on the dashboard with colour coding and also highlights due tasks.

Minpunten: The learning curve is very steep, even though I am tech savvy person, I found it difficult to begin with. I feel it has too many ways of achieveing the same outcome.

Resource management and scheduling for studio projects

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019
Samuel P.
Studio Director
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Couldn't recommend highly enough

Pluspunten: Powerful reporting - easy to see where projects are over/under spending
Fantastic UX with many control points throughout the software
Provides a top level view of available resources per staff member
Allows both retainer and project based scheduling
Best in industry customer support

Minpunten: Perhaps a little difficult to grasp initially, however this is offset with excellent one-to-one customer support
Project / Task timer interface needs a little improvement

Great for planning & executing projects

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2018
Product Owner
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: better tracking of hours & progress of projects. we are an agency, so billable hours are very important. hi/lo expeced forecast possibility, makes for better expected time-to-build

Pluspunten: Responsive; very quick & easy to use
Insights adds value to project oversight & planning
Same for scheduling
Time tracking, sprint planning & progress all implemented very intuitive

Minpunten: not possible to use multiple timers
no approve button after filling timesheet for double checks
impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column

Good for project collaboration

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2019
Rebecca C.
Project manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helps team members see their tasks and update the progress easily.

Pluspunten: Timeline showing progress of all projects in one screen;
Kanban board showing project tasks;
To-do list;
Compare budget and expense.

Minpunten: Collaborator cannot see "Scoping" page;
Cannot relate parent task with sub-tasks which have been split to new task;
Cannot define Project Stage by user;
Same set of Labels are commonly used in different fields, causing users hard to choose, and the labels become meaningless.

Customer service is fantastic and the software is great!

Senior Project Manager
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Forecast's easy to use interface and technology allows me to track the progress of my company's projects and forecast for the future. The customer service is also extremely quick to reply and answer any questions.

Minpunten: It would be great to have the ability to create my own reporting within forecast. Although there are a lot of reporting features, there a few that my company needs. Just a few more options would be helpful.

Great potential, not there yet.

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2017
Dan B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can both plan the schedule of my team on high level and on task basis

Pluspunten: The variety of features. You can both schedule and plan on a high level and also dive down to the little things.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, there are still quite a lot of bugs and bulkiness.
I think the feature that is missing the most is being able to see on the scheduler that the resource was already allocated with tasks in the projects.

Intuitive Platform with Amazing Support

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018
Christina C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The flexibility for each team member to take ownership of their schedule. And the regular updates for features, and response from the support team.

Minpunten: Missing some features we would like to see such as the time entry exporting. But the team are very responsive to feature requests.

User friendly tool

Digital Products Manager
Marketing en reclame, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Forecast has helped me to have more organization in all my projects, collaborate with others, assign tasks and follow up on the progress of each one. You can easily record time invested for each activity which allows you to validate the real costs of the development of each one. I like it very much! and strongly recommend the use of Forecast for your company's projects.

Pluspunten: - General overview of all your projects
- Easy to follow up on all your tasks for each project
- Collaboration tool
- Allows you to review the work load of all your team members and assign tasks for each project.

Minpunten: - Difficulty to download a full report or export the progress of each project for a presentation

Smooth, some hick-ups here and there.

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018
Jens G.
Software Developer Internship
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The extensive overview over the time spent. Assignment of individuals to tasks. Seamless cross-platform interaction.

Minpunten: Stability is an issue at times. Navigating through various elements of the app in search of where you need to be can be problematic at first.

Forecast - Awesome product!

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019
Stéphane C.
Chef d'éqiupe
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use for entering time. Information is easily accessible.

Minpunten: Nothing comes to my mind, except maybe improving the "Clock" feature, as I tend to forget it's running (maybe leveraging desktop notifications would help).

They have a huge potential

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2018
Co Founder
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It has features that I couldn't find in any other service. Such as being able to manage reasorces across multiple projects, but not just by task also in high level

Minpunten: Not fully "baked" yet. A lot of small bugs and missing some small nice to have features

The best application for work

Desenvolvedor web front end
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Organization in cards with progress and tables

Minpunten: unutil things to work, with a lot of options unutils

Excellent UX, need some improvements on features

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2017
Julison M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Better timesheet control, by card and by project.

Pluspunten: Easy of use. Every feature available has a polished UX, that is simple, fast and clean. The way you create a project and associate cards (task) makes our job easier.

Minpunten: There are some features that I really missed: more reports, more flexibility on rates. Sometimes I need to export csv file just to combine with other information that's already in Forecast.