Constantly improving

Frank V.
Online Marketeer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pluspunten: - Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

Minpunten: - Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Paymo Review

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2019
Andrew K.
Managing Director
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Support is great!

Pluspunten: The ease of use and ability to switch views of dashboards, tasks is great. The functionality of tracking time without using a third-party tool is also great.

Minpunten: No desktop or mobile version and cost is slightly higher than competition.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind words! We believe in the power of web and want to make Paymo accessible from everywhere, that's why we've opted for a web version.

The only desktop apps that we have are the desktop widget and PaymoPlus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

As for the cost, it's a bit of a subjective matter. We couple task management with time tracking, planning, resource scheduling, invoicing, and leave planner - so we pretty much replace the cost of 3-4 apps on average.

Not sure which competitors you've tested us against, so can't make a definitive comment.

Cheers,
Marcel

One of the best kanban boards.

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2019
Photographer
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paymo is one of my best options to manage a project. Its simple and multiple styles of showing project is good. The invoice lets you get paid from your customer which is a big deal.

Pluspunten: One of my first priority is kanban board not because it's best because that's simple to understand for newcomer and needs no training.
The simple dashboard and demo data give an idea about the application workflow which is great.
The nested task list is very good and it is easy to assign tasks to another member.
Controlling all the task is very simple with paymo, I worked as a member and now I have my own project in paymo.
For managing a solo project managing is just a breeze. I started with a small photoshop project and it helps me to get the billing hours more efficiently.

Minpunten: The demo project is ok but I needed a kill switch for it. Deleting the demo data and retain everything else.
Else it is perfect.

van Paymo op 14-1-2020

You've hit the nail on its head, Kanban is indeed the best way to teach a newcomer about task management in general.

You can actually delete the demo project if you go inside the project settings.

Were you refering to the onboarding process? If yes, then you're right on time, since we're currently revamping it to contain an opt-out option as well.

Thank you again for your time!

Best in the Biz (I think)

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Mitch M.
Owner / Art Director
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

Minpunten: My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

van Paymo op 14-1-2020

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

Thank you!

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020
Cameron N.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pluspunten: Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a developer that can setup custom API's...your info is stuck in their system!
You can enter clients, companies, etc. and change view to "Table" and see it in table mode, but that view still only gives you the general company information, NOT the contacts for that company and that is 1 of 2, yes that is right 2 places in the entire system of everything you may have entered where you can download/export that view into Excel/CSV file....everything else is PDF if you are lucky!!
If you are a VERY small, VERY basic bookkeeping/accounting freelancer (NO TEAM, just you and very basic billing) - fine, it may work...but if you have more than 1 person in your team other than you, have different rates or even the SLIGHTEST out of the norm billing or cycles...GOOD LUCK!!! I am furious with this system after being told what it could do and I explained in detail, and "oh yeah, that is not a problem at all"...only to find out, everything I explained about what we needed, went in one ear and out the other just to make the sale...now I have a barely usable system and wasted $$$$!!

Minpunten: Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye.
System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do
support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!)
Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

van Paymo op 28-1-2020

Hi Cameron,

Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something.

Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only.

However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API.

And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

A compact project management system.

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2019
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For a mid, small or solo user paymo is just enough to manage any kind of project. The free plan is enough and offers enough features to start and then upgrade if needed.

Pluspunten: Paymo is a very compact project management system. I have used a lot of project and task management for my work and paymo is my new favorite. I like the UI its similar to me like all other project management services.
Paymo is a cloud-based service that means I can now use it with just my netbook and all my data is safe in their server. Cloud data is safer than my pc and secure too.
The task manager is a very simple and nested task is also a very attractive feature for me.
To manage projects one man is enough, this helps me to save a lot of time and money.
The free plan offers a very generous offering.

Minpunten: The dashboard is too crowded. I don't like to see so much info on my desktop. I prefer the tabbed style revels.

van Paymo op 14-1-2020

Thank you for the kind words!

May I ask what details would you like to show up on your dashboard?

You can also write your use case on this thread from our community forum about customizable dashboards: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/customisable-panels-in-the-dashboard/186

Growing with Paymo

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Darren C.
Office & Finance Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are able to clearly see where our staff hours are being spent, against which clients and projects.

Pluspunten: Paymo suited our business need to manage both time and projects.
Its simplicity was a key reason for opting to choose Paymo over the masses of other tools available.
Paymo has improved and grown during the last 2 years, introducing new tools that have demonstrated the companies willingness to listen to their users and add functions and improve current functionality

Minpunten: Unable to 'repeat' projects, at the touch of a button, always have to re-enter all the details, even if the project repeats.

Hey Darren,

Indeed, we don't have recurring projects for now.

Have you tried saving the project as a template, then pasting it when a new, similar one comes up?

Here's how to do it: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/2922772-how-do-i-use-project-templates

Hope it helps!

Great way to track time

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019
Katherine L.
UX/UI Designer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recommend Paymo to anyone who needs to keep track of their time; it's useful for agencies and those who work in a consulting capacity.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and quick functionality. You can even customize the color scheme.

Minpunten: Nothing immediate comes to mind. It may be nice if the software detected when your task is active for more than 24 hours perhaps, and stops it. Sometimes people forget to turn it off over the weekend.

Hey Katherine,

We do have idle time detection on our desktop widget and Paymo Plus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

I would recommend the desktop widget to start with, PaymoPlus is more for multi-taskers.

The web timer will soon undergo a complete revamp, so expect some goodies soon :)

Paymo experience

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Joan S.
Filmmarker
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What I would like to highlight is the ease of the interface and the options it has.

Minpunten: What I like least is that the customers section has few options to interact and show the customer, but otherwise delighted.

Hey Joan,

Indeed, the customer right now is represented in the form of a contact under a client, with the right to view the shared time reports and invoices.

We're currently working on an improved client portal with in-app access to guest users (clients in your case), so they can make suggestions and see the project progress in real time - without the eternal back and forths.

Follow the thread on our community forum for updates on this topic: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Recording Hours, vacation management

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
Borduz R.
Software Developer
Research, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use and friendly user interface and also has automatic

Minpunten: Sometimes is a little bit slow sometimes making the usage of it a little bit difficult.

Hey Razvan,

We're aware of the speed problem, it usually is a combination of the user's Internet speed, data load, and so on.

But we're taking active steps in this direction this year, along other major updates: https://www.paymoapp.com/blog/2019-year-in-review/

So stay tuned!

Awesome issue management software with good time tracking

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Software Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would recommend this service to every middle sized company, which is looking for a good solid isseu tracking software.

Pluspunten: The time tracking and the desktop app for tracking are one of the best I've seen so far. This is one of the major point we choose this service of others.
The issue mgmt and reports are also quite handy.

Minpunten: The resource management could be improved and also some minor bugs.

Hey there,

Our team scheduler is our spear-of-attack so to say, hence it's being constantly updated.

Just recently, we've launched a remaining hours feature that allows you to see the available bookable hours at a project and user level in a simpler format: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3578183-view-at-a-glance-the-remaining-hours-at-a-project-and-user-level

Expect more updates in this direction, like the ability to directly book a resource from the full task details.

Cheers!

Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs.

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018
Leonardo L.
Architect
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software:
- Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before.
- As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract.
- I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month.
- The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great.
- I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it.
- Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Pluspunten: I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons:
- The software has a very clean and intuitive interface
- One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results.
- Pricing system is fair and scalable.
- The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office.
- The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed.
- I am able to export all of the data in CSV format
- You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company.
- The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet.
- Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Minpunten: Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software.
- The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick.
- I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software.
- The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup.
- You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

van Paymo op 14-8-2018

Hi Leonardi,

You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries.

Data can be imported/exported by using our API.

You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

Best Project Management Solution

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Liviu B.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

Pluspunten: In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

Minpunten: There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Hi Liviu,

Kudos for your trust in us :)

Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light?

I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Thank you!

Team management made easy

Beoordeeld op 1-7-2019
Peter W.
Web Developer
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paymo has transformed how our team works, making time tracking easy and allowing our project managers to accurately assign work to colleagues.

Pluspunten: You can create custom invoice templates, some of our invoices can be rather complicated but Paymo made it easy to set them up.
The time tracking feature is incredibly easy to use, when trialing other applications our staff would always lose interest and forget to update theirs after a few weeks. With Paymo it was so easy to use that our staff have actually stuck with it!
Paymo is constantly being updated based on user feedback, the developers really do listen to their community!

Minpunten: Tracking a large number of projects at one time can get quite confusing, you can label and categorise them but when working with tens' of small(ish) projects the user interface get's rather busy.
The ability to import previous projects / calendars would be excellent, currently these have to be manually entered in.

Hi Peter,

I might use this testimonial on our website :D

Yes, we're aware of the speed problems and already take active steps towards improving it. As for the import function, that's a bit tricky since there's a lot of apps to import data from and no one standard format.

Can you write us at [email protected] about the tool you want to import projects from?

For existing projects in Paymo, you have the project templates.

Thanks!

Excellent Time Tracking and Team Scheduling Application

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2017
Karen D.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: easy to use, reliable, accurate time tracking. Robust features. Unlimited clients and projects. Each project will have a dashboard showing total hours worked and how many tasks out of total have been completed. Projects can be tracked by custom categories, like bid, active, on hold, lost/won, archived. Task view can be switched between list, table, and kanban; users can collaborate by commenting on tasks, attaching files, assigning the task, and setting due dates. Team Scheduling allows you to see who is busy (or overwhelmed) and who is free to work on more tasks. Accounting features: Invoicing, Estimates, Expenses. The built-in timer makes tracking time spent working on tasks quick and easy.

Minpunten: Paymo is constantly improving this software and adding great, new features. One that would be helpful is the ability for each user to have a view showing all the tasks assigned to them, sorted by due date. Currently there is a My Tasks section, but it only sorts by Project Name.

van Paymo op 16-8-2018

Hi Karen,

With adding the Home area we also improved the My tasks area and added more filters and different views.

Paymo is great for time tracking and more!

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
Aaron D.
Internet
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Paymo makes tracking time a breeze with great management features and role capabilities. Absolutely love the granular control on the reports and ability to manage users, projects, tasks and more. Support has always been super helpful - only contacted them twice in the last 4 years though...so that should say something. Shop approved!

Pluspunten: We've been using Paymo in our web development shop now for years. We love the time tracking widget and always have it up on our desktops or phone to track the time we spend bouncing from project to project. Forgot to turn off the timer? No problem - can easily fix it and be on your way. Setting up projects, tasks, user management - all a breeze. The Paymo team keeps coming out with new features and what used to be just a time tracking tool is now becoming a full on project management tool. We're actually looking to expand how we use Paymo very soon...

Minpunten: For how we're using it right now, we don't use all the project management features and have found that PaymoWidget 4.0.19 actually works better for what we need presently. As we move our org forward though, we'll be adopting their newest widget.

Deceptively well-designed app/software. Excellent value and clever too.

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2016
Colin H.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Do the free trial to see why. You'll get an initial impression that compared to the feature rich apps of Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork and many others that Paymo is fairly simple. It is but it has some very-well considered functionality around user permissions, pricing and invoice/report generation. The user interface again looks simple but works great.
For us, what's great about Paymo is:
1. Pricing. Great at $4.95 per user. That's a real per user price. 1 user = $4.95 per month.
2. Additional users (we use many collaborators) can then be switched on/off as required.
3. Good user permissions (switch on/off admin, tasks, projects, invoices, estimates, expenses)
4. The general focus on user performance metrics/utilization (with a good dashboard + individual user metrics by hour, month, project and billed/unbilled time.
5. Fantastic, customisable client reporting and wrap-up invoicing with unlimited free client access to these features*.
*The invoice module ($9.95/month per account - which is great way to charge for this) monitors unbilled time with a one-click invoice generation button. That's a great feature whether you use Paymo to send (and receive payments) or not.
In similar fashion, the client report generation tool is cleverly set-up so you can group time/costs by client, user, projects, task lists, tasks, time, day or billed status as well as include the original budgets by project or tasks. For us that's a massive time-saver and a feature-set that not available or so quick and easy to manage on any other PM system we've tried.
The con's on the present feature list (hence why I've only rated Paymo 4 stars overall):
1. There's no easy to see/use UI control over project/task timescales.
2. Equally, no-billable tasks/reminders don't sit as well in the system.
3. Updates aren't realtime, another great Wrike feature.
4. There's no client/guest access to the project details (which I would have thought Paymo could add easily, by making making the default user status 'view only'.
5. Generally speaking Paymo isn't a slick or richly featured as other leading-class PMs.
However, as of May 4th 2016 there's a promise on Paymo's pricing page that Gantt charts, task scheduling and progress tracking is 'coming soon'. Would be great to know roughly what that means Paymo but those three features even if relatively simple but robust (in Paymo's style) would considerably round-off and build-out the Paymo App experience.

Paymo pays for itself...

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2015
Alison P.
Tutor (Associate Lecturer)
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Pluspunten: Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand. The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Minpunten: Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

Paymo is very user friendly and intuitive.

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
John D.
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software saved lots of time on repetative non-billable tasks. It gives us more control over data and helps us narrow our focus on the parts of projects that need more efficiency.

Pluspunten: Paymo is easy to learn, manage, and use. The price is right for most any size company and the core features are well tuned. It has saved time when preparing timesheets each week and helps us track our hours very efficiently. In a service based industry, a software like Paymo takes the uncertainty out of knowing whether or not you are on target. The ability to gather vast amounts of data in seconds really has helped analyze our effectiveness at estimating and highlight areas for improvement. The software's permissions setup and general user interactions are much more suited to a company that has competent employees, unlike competitors like T-sheets (quickbooks). Other time trackers tend to assume the employees are incapable of managing their timesheet and set up a lot of rules that act as roadblocks to efficiency. Paymo maintains control without becoming overbearing.

Minpunten: The built-in invoicing feature is a little difficult to fully customize. It has "custom" options, but they are not full control. It does allow for custom coding for invoice generation which we are doing now, but this requires someone on staff who is fairly well versed in HTML and other scripts/codes. I wish that Paymo would talk directly with a desktop version of Quickbooks, but it does work with Quickbooks Online through Zapier Apps.

Ideal tool for project management from small companies to big ones

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Luis daniel R.
Consultor en Tecnologías de Marketing Digital
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm solving the business problems of:
- having all the project planning and content in one single place
- tracking the time

Pluspunten: I like the user interface, is very clean and friendly. it takes less than 5 minutes to understand how everything works which is a great advantage to train other people to use this tool. I love how you can organize all the tasks, content and planning for each project. I've been using this software for about 5 years now and will definetely recommend it to others.

Minpunten: I don't like that they still don't have an easy to use mobile app that shows all the content of a project. the mobile app is very limited. I hope that they can improve and give the mobile development a higher priority since we live in a mobile world these days. There's no way to capture screenshots of what other employees are doing or measuring the productivity

Simple but great

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019
Ben O.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Paymo to organise my time and projects across three businesses. I've used various task managers and high-end project management software in the past, but Paymo hits a real sweet spot for me.

Pluspunten: It's a really simple interface, but still has enough features to make it usable. I evaluated around ten other project management tools before selecting Paymo. Tech support is friendly and responsive.

Minpunten: I'm not sure if this is just a limitation of the browser, but I find the interface a little slow at times. It doesn't really slow me down significantly, just used to using lots of keyboard shortcuts. More standard spreadsheet-style table entry would be good. But honestly, it's great.

Hi Ben,

You're not wrong, the app might experience low speed sometimes (it's a combination of several factors), but we're aware of this and already take active steps in this direction.

As for the spreadsheet-style input, you can go for the Task's Table View to add task details in-line, as well as the add bulk option for time tracking.

Hope this helps!

Paymo has a cool widget

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2017
Gerrit V.
Software Development Manager
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Time tracking is a matter of discipline. Paymo is easy enough to use on a daily base, I had little to no trouble on adapting to the habit.

Pluspunten: The Paymo setup is quite easy and transparent. In order to customize it for our needs, I found out that I could perhaps manipulate the hierarchy of clients / projects / task lists / tasks. Before doing so, I checked with their Support desk (live chat!) to make sure I wouldn't run into problems later on.
So now, we have a structure that fits our needs pretty well.
The application allows for many views (tables!) and reports.

Minpunten: For managing a team, it would be nice to have options to save filters, so that you can quickly jump from one view to another. Some views are a bit too bland, making me feel a little lost on where to go.

Excellent Project Management Software!

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2016
Anne-marie R.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have been using Paymo for about a year now and it has changed my productivity for the better. As a Freelance PA/Project Manager I work for different companies so it is imperative that I can track my time spent on different projects and tasks. Paymo does this easily and with no fuss. Paymo is easy to set up and use. The free trial is perfect for trying out Paymo. I did just that initially and was so impressed that I had to continue with the paid version of Paymo. Once Paymo had been set up and customised I could just log onto Paymo each day and easily track time. It is easy to switch between projects too. Paymo has an overview of hours worked, unbilled amounts, milestones, discussions etc so easy to see at a glance progress per project. At the end of each month I use Paymo to easily invoice my clients. Just one click of a button to invoice unbilled time, check the invoice and send by email! Easy. Paymo then keeps a list of invoices sent out which can be updated to show status. The invoice itself looks very professional and I easily added a company logo. There are custom settings to save the text to be used when sending out invoices. Customer Service is impeccable, on the few occasions I have needed to ask a question I have had fast, helpful responses and have always been dealt with very professionally and quickly. I highly recommend using this project management software, it is time saving, quick, easy and can do an awful lot to assist with the admin side of running a business. I wouldn't be without it! Thank you Paymo!

Pluspunten: Initial free trial.
Easy to set up and use.
Easy to customise.
Easy to track time.
Easy to invoice clients.
Reporting option available.
Excellent customer service, fast to respond and very helpful.

Minpunten: I can't think of anything.

Great Product Must Have

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Danielle S.
Graphic Designer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being able to track the hours and what project goes to which client has been so helpful.

Pluspunten: As a graphic designer who needs to keep track of hours, I have always been able to depend on Paymo to keep accurate track of my time. Being able to send the data to my clients is a plus.

Minpunten: I had some issues with the desktop app so I started using it directory from the site to track time.

Hey Danielle,

Glad that we can help you with time tracking

The desktop widget is stable, you can go ahead and download the latest version here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/

Good news, the web timer is going to be updated as well - so stay tuned!

Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms.

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2018
Juan pablo C.
Founding Partner
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases.
Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs.
The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is.
We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way.
The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients.
Its mobile tools are simple to use.
The software for the computer is simple and intuitive.
It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Minpunten: Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

van Paymo op 14-8-2018

Hi Juan Pablo,

We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.