Filteren op:

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Paymo

Paymo is een complete online-oplossing voor projectgebaseerde bedrijven en freelancers om projecten van begin tot eind te beheren.

Meer informatie over Paymo

412 reviews worden weergegeven

Leticia M.
Leticia M.
Co-founder and Creative Director
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Our main tool to run the business"

Opmerkingen: We have been working with Paymo for more than 5 years now and over the years we've seen constant improvement with new features. It's a rich feature tool for a low price and it suits our company as no other does, not only in what they offer but in an intuitive and easy-to-use tool. The timer, invoices using the timesheet, team scheduling, sending estimates, all those make the difference in our business and has help us to save and make money.

Pluspunten: The timer is the best feature of Paymo. We search a lot but none of the other tools allows us to easy time our work and bill our clients as Paymo, with an always-visible timer. And the ability to bill our clients with the timesheet completes our process perfectly.

Minpunten: It's lacking a client portal, where they have all information about their project and invoices

Overwogen alternatieven: Harvest, Invoicera, Invoice Ninja en Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: The always-visible timer and invoicing with timesheet abilities.

van Paymo op 18-6-2020

Time tracking FTW, Leticia - thank you :)

I think there's a misunderstanding. The current client portal allows clients to view their invoices. Just be sure to add them as contacts too: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/900000-how-do-i-add-a-contact-to-a-client

They can't see the project progress, something that is going to be fixed with the next release of the client portal. That will grant guest users in-app access.

This is our #1 priority right now, so stay tuned!

Kind regards,

Jelena J.
Jelena J.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 1-7-2020

"My time and sanity saver!"

Opmerkingen: I've increased my productivity with Paymo's Kanban board view, combined with Table view, and saved TONS of hours on admin, invoicing, timesheets, client and project management. Just this time saving alone pays off the monthly subscription. Sanity and nerves saving is the bonus! :) Why? Because Paymo helped me maintain good client relationships, timesheet transparency and great records&data representation for a client. So when a client comes up with a random question about a specific task, Paymo's records make finding (and presenting) a specific information or record so much easier, transparent and more reliable.

Pluspunten: Paymo has been a lifesaver in many business management areas: project management, client management, time tracking, accounting. With built-in budgeting, time tracking, expense tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing and getting paid online (and on time!), different project 'views' (list, table, board for kanban, gantt), extensive filters, dashboard and insights, resource scheduling, live time reports, client portal - and all that in one app - it's a sanity saver! One of the things I also personally quite appreciate is the professional and clean look of the invoices (and how easy it is for clients to pay them online). With a click of a button, you can add the unbilled time/fees for a specific time period and/or projects to an invoice. Paymo does all that heavy admin stuff for you and it has saved me a lot of time! Cherry on the top: all invoice items are presented so neatly and professionally, so that my clients can see exactly everything I've worked on for them and what I'm billing them for, as well as how much time is tracked for each project and task. And Payoneer, in addition to PayPal/Stripe/Authorize.Net payment gateways is a big plus! It's brilliant. The moment I first tried it, I could immediately feel that Paymo is the tool designed for actual freelancers in mind, whether you work on a project basis, or a pay-as-you-go basis. It's not complex, and all the features it has are just *right*. Exactly what I need. And it's getting even better!

Minpunten: I wish the app was just a little bit faster, but I read somewhere that they already have this improvement on their roadmap. Still, if you ask me, it's totally worth the wait for every new feature and improvement their team is cooking for us :)

van Paymo op 10-7-2020

Speed improvements are already something that we're addressing. Stay tuned for more goodies such as a task calendar view, improved mobile app with team collaboration features and guest access.

Cheers,

• Beoordeeld op 1-7-2020
Howard R.
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-8-2021

"First Class Application for Electronic Engineering Consulting Business"

Opmerkingen: Top notch with excellent and very responsive customer service (technical and general queries)

Pluspunten: We have been using Paymo for more than 10 years in our electronic engineering consulting business. We love the way we can set up multiple projects with multiple tasks per project and track time per project and task, and then use the invoicing system to invoice our clients. We often work on multiple projects simultaneously and without it we would not be able to work as effectively or track our time as accurately. It also allows us to analyze our effectiveness and enables us to more accurately quote on future projects. Intuitive interface and easy to use

Minpunten: We have no negative comments about Paymo

van Paymo op 27-8-2021

Thank you Howard for all your support over the years!!

*crying internally of joy*

• Beoordeeld op 24-8-2021
Cameron N.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

"Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily"

Opmerkingen: Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pluspunten: Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a developer that can setup custom API's...your info is stuck in their system!
You can enter clients, companies, etc. and change view to "Table" and see it in table mode, but that view still only gives you the general company information, NOT the contacts for that company and that is 1 of 2, yes that is right 2 places in the entire system of everything you may have entered where you can download/export that view into Excel/CSV file....everything else is PDF if you are lucky!!
If you are a VERY small, VERY basic bookkeeping/accounting freelancer (NO TEAM, just you and very basic billing) - fine, it may work...but if you have more than 1 person in your team other than you, have different rates or even the SLIGHTEST out of the norm billing or cycles...GOOD LUCK!!! I am furious with this system after being told what it could do and I explained in detail, and "oh yeah, that is not a problem at all"...only to find out, everything I explained about what we needed, went in one ear and out the other just to make the sale...now I have a barely usable system and wasted $$$$!!

Minpunten: Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye.
System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do
support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!)
Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

van Paymo op 28-1-2020

Hi Cameron,

Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something.

Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only.

However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API.

And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020
Joanne H.
Owner/Writer
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2021

"Can't live without it now."

Opmerkingen: Really pleased with customer support!

Pluspunten: I've always done freelance work and tried to track my time on Excel. No more. I love being able to track my time to the minute on projects and tasks with Paymo, then have those timesheets translate automatically into invoices which I can then send directly to my clients. Also helps me see what I'm spending my time on. Although I've barely scratched the surface of its functionality, it's become a necessity (and a luxury) now that I've gone full-time freelance.

Minpunten: I'd like to be able to drag-and-drop tasks, projects, etc. (if only because I may have set them up incorrectly in the first place). That's not available yet.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: The option to track my time with a click is amazing.

van Paymo op 23-8-2021

You GO, Joanne!

If you want to move already existing tasks from one project to another, you have this option: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/article/can-i-move-tasks-to-another-project-1gtfxl4/

We've also redesigned the task area so you can access the full task details by just clicking on a task :D

We hope you like it!

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2021
Krystle chanel K.
Krystle chanel K.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2020

"I finally found the one!"

Opmerkingen: It is important to note that Paymo isn't idle in enhancing its software. Not only that, but new features are thoughtful and integrated seamlessly with the tool. I appreciate this because I have used other software that seem to have their priorities mixed up when releasing enhancements; adding things that don't move the needle ahead of things that do.

Pluspunten: After years of using project management software for both myself and companies I've worked for, I found the right tool for the job for my personal, small business as a marketing coach and online entrepreneur. Until I build a team, I'm using Paymo for myself, and other tools are not always price-sensitive for a solo user. I appreciate that Paymo provides an option to pay for one user until I'm ready to grow. A particular feature I was looking for was the option to view all projects on a single Kanban board. In the rare case that I found this option, it was a significant upgrade to acquire. But Paymo offers this and it's super easy to use! Other features I love:
- Time-tracking/timesheet: Visual representation of where my time goes. I use the in-app timer every day.
- Flexible viewing options: I can easily switch between list, table, board, and Gantt views, with easy to use filters that allow me to see exactly what I want. No custom reports or views need created - which can be time-consuming and inflexible (enterprise tools).
- Note: The user experience of the Gantt chart was also what I was looking for. It is drag and drop and allows you to adjust your timeline from within the view.
There's so much to love about Paymo! And that is saying a lot coming from someone who has researched and used as many tools as I have - including enterprise solution, Workfront. Paymo is definitely worth giving a try!

Minpunten: I wish there was a way to invite collaborators/reviewers like there is in Asana. If I want a coaching client to be able to collaborate, there is no way to do this without paying for another user.
This is superficial, but, the name! When I tell people about Paymo, they immediately think it's a financial tool, not a project management tool, based on the name. I would hate for this to hold Paymo back in the market.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft Project, Asana, Teamwork, Adobe Workfront, Trello, monday.com, Airtable en Things

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: I switched from Asana, Teamwork, and Things. I was looking for a tool with a kanban board option that allowed me to view tasks across all of my projects and I needed a cost-effective tool for someone who is currently solo but building a business. Asana was cost-prohibitive in that I could not pay for a single user, but had to pay for 5 minimum. Also, the kanban board option I was looking for was an additional upgrade for Asana and Teamwork, making these options even more expensive. Additionally, user experience was a factor. Asana generally has a good UI but I just like Paymo better. Teamwork has some work to do in this regard.

Overgestapt van: Asana

van Paymo op 30-6-2020

You sure did your researh, Krystle, thank you for the review :)

Actually, we're working on an improved client portal with in-app access to guest users, so they can collaborate with you on the same page. This is our #1 priority atm, so stay tuned!

As for our name, this goes back more than 10 years when we started out as a time tracking and billing tool. The purpose was to use the app and GET PAID MORE, hence Paymo :)

Hope this helps, thank you again!

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2020
Neal B.
Neal B.
King of All Cosmos
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-6-2020

"Paymo has grown, evolved, and expanded alongside of the needs of our business."

Opmerkingen: Seriously, everything! I mentioned time tracking earlier but Paymo also does project management, client management, invoicing, estimation, Zapier integration, scheduling, team tasking...and the list goes on and on.

Pluspunten: Time tracking is seamlessly integrated into our current designer workflow. This allows us to calculate the actual time spent on the job so clients understand where their money is being spent. It also allows us to identify where we need to increase project costs (9/10 times it's with 'customer correspondence').

Minpunten: We've been with Paymo for over 10 years so it was a bit of a kick when they started charging for functionality like Gant Charts. We've always loved the complete 'soup-to-nuts' service that Paymo offered so when certain items were put behind another paywall it definitely stung a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overwogen alternatieven: Asana, Basecamp, Trello en AND. CO

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: As we expanded our business to include larger, quick-turn clients, we needed a better way to track time spent on projects. We found Paymo and started to implement time tracking and project management. It wasn't long before we were using it for estimating, invoicing, and reporting payroll. Almost a decade later, the platform continues to amaze us with updates and support that we never would have received from other services. We've even had folks join our team from Nike/adidas that say Paymo is something they wish they had at their previous jobs.

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: It comes down to 'bread and butter' of time tracking and project management. We've since added Slack and Trello to our ranks, but have never found a better, more cost-effective way of managing our day-to-day operations than Paymo.

van Paymo op 25-6-2020

Loved the "(9/10 times it's with customer correspondence)" part, Neal :)

Besides Gantt Charts, the Business plan also comes with a Team Scheduling module, 100 GB of storage, and priority support.

We found this plan to be more appealing to larger teams, that's why we've decided to include it in a separate plan.

What specifically do you need from Gantt Charts, the ability to set dependencies or see task deadlines on a calendar?

If it's the latter one, then I have some good news: we're going to launch a task calendar view in the near future, so stay tuned!

• Beoordeeld op 25-6-2020
Federico D.
Federico D.
Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020

"All the features to manage my work, projects and invoicing"

Opmerkingen: First of all, Paymo is easy to begin to use. I need to keep a record of the time and tasks I execute in the projects I work, but also I need to invoice my clients. Some invoice should be sent recurring, so I needed that feature. Also, I found that Paymo have an API to import my current clients and projects.

Pluspunten: I was using another sowftware but no new features were realeased during years and the support was inexistent. Then I searched for another software to help me to organize my work and tested a lot of options. Paymo was perfect for what I was looking for and the support service was always ready. Also, since I was using the software new features were realeased.

Minpunten: It was not easy to understand how the recurring invoices work, so I have to read some help documents. I think that general usability is good, but I think that some features should be made more easy to use.

van Paymo op 17-6-2020

Thank you, Federicoo! Can you write us on our community forum (https://community.paymoapp.com/) about how we can improve recurring invoices and the other features you have in mind?

We're always open for feedback :)

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020
Paloma ana D.
  • Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021

"Solid Skillpoints with room for improvement"

Opmerkingen: Our to-go- solution for anything client-related, book-keeping-wise.

Pluspunten: Absolutely perfect for invoicing clients and keeping track of recurring costs with features as its clients POV.

Minpunten: Project management tools + how limited customisation on the dashboard is.

van Paymo op 30-3-2021

Happy to hear your thoughts :D

You're right about the dashboard, it's more geared towards billing & company rentability given our time tracking & invoicing focus.

Can you give me more details about what's missing on the project mngm end?

• Beoordeeld op 24-3-2021
Andrew C.
UX Writer
Defensie en ruimtevaart, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021

"Exceptional project management, time tracking and invoicing for freelancers"

Opmerkingen: I use Paymo for freelancing as a single user and it's awesome for time tracking, task management and invoicing purposes. It's priced well and has a great support team.

Pluspunten: This is the only tool that I've found that focuses on time tracking AND invoicing properly. It includes great task management features and multiple ways to track time on them.

Minpunten: I guess I wish that Paymo's Kanban view was more like Trello, which I find easier to use and with more features for customisability.

van Paymo op 30-3-2021

Kudos Andrew!! ^^

Can you tell me more about the customizable Kanban features that you're missing?

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021
Ilan G.
Designer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-6-2020

"Software that surves me as a freelance individual for years."

Opmerkingen: I use Paymo since it's the first version. Back those days I used the Paymo Plus desktop app, recording absolutely everything I do on my computer. By the end of the day, I reorganized everything. It helped me to find "holes" in my schedule, where I spent too much time on social networks and the internet.
Today I plan my week, I collect data about my tasks, searching where can I improve myself. I see how many clients do I have since I started freelancing. All of them there! I manage who is an important client, which one is the most paying one.
I often use Timesheets set to a weekly view, so I can see how much I busy this week.
A homepage quickly shows all my tasks and a dashboard helps me to see my progress.

Pluspunten: Paymo can serve big companies with a large number of users and departments. For me as an individual, Paymo is one place for managing my clients, projects, task, and time.
One of the first and absolutely necessary things for me as a freelancer is good, simple to use time management tool. Paymo has an implemented live timer that is connected to all my tasks and projects of a specific client.
Not less important is the ability to produce smart time reports I send to my clients and get paid by. Half of my tasks are in Hebrew, and Paymo works just great with RTL languages. This is crucial for my time of business. The report could be set by tasks, days, or other specific categories.
The timer exists in the browsers when using the softer, but it also has a completely synchronized desktop app which I use for the most, and mobile app, which I use when I work outside my office.

Minpunten: Actually, Paymo has more features I'm sure I would use, like Gantt Chart, or Invoices, though this feature costs extra $19.95 per month and I prefer not to pay for it since it's not so necessary for my business.

van Paymo op 23-6-2020

Hi Ilan,

Appreciate the kind words :) You must be on an old plan, as Invoices are now available under the Small Office plan ($11.95/user/mo) and Gantt Charts under the Business one ($18.95/user/mo).

• Beoordeeld op 20-6-2020
Jonathan S.
Owner, Freelance Designer
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Impressed"

Opmerkingen: Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

Pluspunten: The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks. Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too. Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

Minpunten: The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future. The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

Overwogen alternatieven: Asana en monday.com

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: I found TSheets as a time tracker cumbersome, as it was really built around a larger workforce. It also lacked the project management features that Paymo offered, so had to rely on Trello to cover that.

Overgestapt van: QuickBooks Time

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: I felt it was better value for my needs, and offered the integrated Quick-books facilities that were necessary to replace TSheets.

van Paymo op 18-6-2020

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)!

Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :)

Shortcuts will be more frequent too.

Kind regards,

Savannah S.
President/Chief Architectural Designer
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-6-2020

"Best All-around Project Management APP"

Opmerkingen: Before Paymo, our office lived off of legal notepads and envelope folders. It was a nightmare. With Paymo, we can just type in a project name or client and see exactly what's due, needs to be invoiced, etc. A huge problem solver for us is the record keeping aspect. Since we can attach notes and files to projects, we are easily able to identify a change request. It was all to often a client would blame us for making a change to a project they did not request, but now we have proof every step of the way. It's been a life-saver.

Pluspunten: After testing dozens of other project management programs, we finally found Paymo and have never turned back. Paymo is intuitive; we needed no training and were able to implement it right away with all our employees in the office. The app is web-based so we are able to access our projects and tasks wherever we need to. This was especially helpful during the 2020 Covid Quarantine wherein our whole office had to work from individual homes.
Paymo organizes all of our projects with tasks, clients, and billing. They even now have the ability to export invoices directly from paymo to Quickbooks or Xero, so we have all we need and less double working to get invoices sent out. The projects are customizable with task lists, templates, and custom project statuses so it's easy to see where each project currently stands. The time-tracking function is amazing! Many of our projects are billed by time, so that was a must have feature that Paymo does flawlessly.
Everyday we enter the office, the first thing that boots up is Paymo and every team member immediately sees their assigned tasks for the day and the following, so there is no wasted time to find assignments. For project managers, the current worked on projects are just a screen away so we know exactly what is being worked on at any given moment no matter where teams are. They are also the best customer service team we've seen so far. When we have technical issue, we can send a message right from the app and get a response fast.

Minpunten: The only item we are dissapointed in is the scheduling. Our teams works on fast tasks that sometimes need to be scheduled down the hour of day. There is a scheduling calendar that lets you see all assigned tasks but it requires and extra step to actual "book" the tasks in order to move them around on that calendar and see remaining work hours when needed. This is our number one obstacle BUT we have been informed there is a major updated coming that will fix this and we are very excited! Another very small thing that we don't like about paymo is the notification setting that cant be changed. Paymo is great about in-app notifications, it's helpful to see updates in real-time right at the top of the screen. But the issue is for project managers. If someone other than the project manager creates a task for a team-member, than the project manager will not receive notifications if said task was completed regardless of being assigned as a manager of the project. However, we feel we can work around it temporarily until it can be fixed. So overall, with those two items aside Paymo is the best program out there and much more affordable than many we tested out before.

Overwogen alternatieven: ClickUp, ProWorkflow, MeisterTask, Asana, Teamwork, Wrike, Adobe Workfront en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: Ease of use and implementation. Ability to use with our business style. Price. Export abilities with quickbooks. Customization. Project task visibility. Paymo made making and seeing tasks easy, so nothing gets left behind or forgotten. Contact option. Many other programs could organize projects but wouldn't have clients organization or billing. Paymo has is all, so we only need this one program.

van Paymo op 18-6-2020

Thank you Savannah for taking the time to review us :)

Indeed, I remember we spoke already about the new team scheduling update, which will allow you to schedule bookings at a task level - stay tuned.

As for the user rights, these will suffer some changes with the addition of the client portal with in-app access to guest users. Please make sure to also voice this out on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/51

Thank you again!

Sofia T.
Freelancer
Telecommunicatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Can't live without Paymo"

Opmerkingen: When I started freelancing in 2018 I lost weeks looking and testing all sorts of software I could find to help me organize my projects and clients, rates, deadlines, tasks, and invoicing. I tested more than a dozen and Paymo had it all. Some minor adjustments to fit some of my projects, but with Paymo I have a software that tracks my work on a daily basis, I can easily understand my workload and plan in advance, I can share work reports with my clients and easily invoice them, I can have as many clients, projects and tasks I want and all I can say is that I couldn't live without it anymore. Having the possibility to track my time on each task helps me understand how much should I charge for future similar projects which is pretty awesome. The only thing that Paymo doesn't do for me is bringing me coffee :D
It's very simple to use and I can link time with tasks by having predefined rules or quickly selecting them. Adding whatever needed and setting up deadlines, priorities and status is really quick and intuitive. One of the most complete software I've used and where I can customize as I want to without needing a master degree to have things working like I want :)
Great and nice team too that always provided quick support and feedback whenever needed, which is equally important. Love it. Great work guys

Pluspunten: For me, PaymoPlus TimeTracking software is the best feature that Paymo offers. Easy to set up, don't miss any working time and gives me the chance to understand the tasks where I spend most of the time. The time reports are great to understand what is more time consuming from my daily tasks and the fact that I can have several projects and clients makes it so easy to work with. The fact that I can use an automated software to track my tasks made me safe a lot of time. With other similar time tracking apps I tested, I always needed to trigger it manually or take a lot of steps. With PaymoPlus, just start recording it and nothing is missed. It captures all your activity

Minpunten: There's nothing I like the least, but maybe it would be nice to have more dynamic ways of adding rates or billing options.
As a freelancer, I often work at a specific rate per word (for example translations and proofreading), or rate per article, so it would be helpful to have such options of adding different rate settings.

Overwogen alternatieven: ActiveCollab, Zoho Creator, Quire, Jira, Podio, Zoho Projects, Basecamp, Asana, Trello en AND. CO

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: Has it all, easy to use, I'm a huge fan of PaymoPlus as it tracks all that I do over the day and it's easy and quick to link to customers and tasks. I'm a freelancer so many of the apps available fit more teams than just one person hence offering stuff I really didn't need. Some of the tools I tried were nice but always missed at least one or 2 features I really needed. Many didn't have a live time tracker, and the ones that had some sort of time tracking option was a pain to use. I wanted something that did it for me in the easiest way possible, didn't have invoice options, etc. I also found some of the software was too complicated to use, not user-friendly nor intuitive and the worst, you need to adjust and adapt to the software instead of the other way around, where you can customize and set up all at your own preferences and way of working. Customization is a big plus with Paymo and comparing the number and quality of features it offers, it's a fair price to pay for. I tested a few more than I included but can't remember the names anymore...

van Paymo op 18-6-2020

Thank you Sofia for your kind feedback :)

You can in fact add flat rate tasks, that have an independent value from the task hourly budget. This would work for articles (unfortunately don't have a solution for words now, it's a bit too granular). Did you try them out?

You can also write us at [email protected] so we can further guide you :)

Taylor H.
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Paymo is the Best Task-Managing Platform I've Used"

Opmerkingen: Overall Paymo is the best task managing platform I've used. It's clean, simple and user friendly. I would definitely recommend Paymo to other companies.

Pluspunten: I like the flexibility of Paymo. Things are tailored to each day because it makes planning out large projects easier. It also allows for more productivity because we can see what needs to get done for each client right on the main screen. Paymo is also clean and pleasing to look at.

Minpunten: Something I would like to see improved is the "Progress" settings. As a design/web development company, we have a lot of projects that need to get approved by multiple people so we constantly have dozens of tasks pending/stuck. If there could be a section made specifically for stuck/pending/follow up tasks just to make our Home page less cluttered that would be helpful.

Thank you, Taylor!

I think there's a fix to your problem: project status. You can customize them as you wish to better reflect your process: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses

Then filter after them for a top-level view of what you're interested:https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888757-how-do-i-filter-projects-by-status

Did you try them out? We can hear each other at [email protected] :)

Pavol Č.
COO, art director
Kunst en nijverheid, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Paymo is a great software across platforms"

Opmerkingen: Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Pluspunten: Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Minpunten: Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Overwogen alternatieven: Teamwork, Float, Wrike en Trello

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: Paymo had gantt chart planning integrated, mobile app and was cheaper.

Overgestapt van: Teamwork

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Thank you, Pavol!

Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about?

iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry!

You can write us at [email protected] and ask for Marcel ;)

Cheers!

David B.
Creative Director
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Tracking time and managing payments with agility"

Opmerkingen: Back in 2009 we started a fledgling web design company called FreshSpark Creative. Paymo was just starting out and seeking customers, help and ideas. We were able to request certain features which were implemented, the foundations of what would become an excellent working relationship. In 2012 I started my second company and we had 5 full time staff using the platform in 2016. As we became VAT registered we were unfortunately forced to use Xero for our billing to comply with UK regs, but that only demonstrated how good Paymo was - Xero is incredibly sluggish, lots of micromanagement and lacks the quality of design which we strive to portray as a business. We modified the set up of our business to help deal with the issues caused by Brexit and I once again use Paymo for all time keeping and billing. Paymo has been a constant in my professional life as a business director, alongside Google Mail and Google Cal.

Pluspunten: Fast and effective management of time and resources. I love how easy it is to log time, create invoices and complete all my accounting obligations as a UK business owner quickly and stylishly.

Minpunten: I guess my biggest dislike is the new timesheets view, the hitboxes on the time entries seem to be slightly out of sync with the visual modules. Also as I have been using the software for over 10 years, there is a lot of old data which I cannot remove in bulk.

Overwogen alternatieven: Mavenlink, Basecamp en Xero

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: Google tasks was good because it synced with Google Calendar, but was very limited and time consuming to use. We have always used Paymo for billing, from day dot.

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: They were overkill for what I needed, too large and cumbersome, lots of unnecessary features made my experience time consuming and sluggish, not to mention much more expensive.

Thank you, David!

We also have a Google Calendar integration, check it here: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3545290-google-calendar-integration

As for time tracking, you can now copy/paste time records inside the timesheets area - be sure to try it out!

Please submit the bulk time entry selection suggestion on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Usually, the most upvoted ones get built.

Kassidy B.
Co-Owner/Head Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020

"Small business-friendly software!"

Opmerkingen: The ability to automate the majority of our processes, and keep our project management happening in one place, has been very relieving and has boosted our efficiency. Before using Paymo we had separate processes and locations for our project management, invoice creation, estimate creation, etc. and the majority of these were done manually. Paymo is cutting down on time taken up by those manual processes, and we have been able to streamline our project management in a way that is more clear to us and our clients. We are gradually populating the Projects and Clients pages with anything we've done up to this point -- it's a lot of work but it's worth it to us now that we know Paymo is such a great software that has benefitted us as we are moving into our second year as a small business.

Pluspunten: Paymo helped our small business organize projects and boosted automation functions of our working process really well. We were already used to tracking time under project tasks before trying Paymo, but we were looking for a software that could streamline the full process from the start of a project to the end, while covering the financial aspects as well. The best thing about Paymo is the ability to automate the working process through templates, and to be able to customize at every level. We also really appreciate the Help Center (the attention to detail and clear explanations have been very useful) and customer support.

Minpunten: It was pretty time consuming at first to get set up on Paymo and learn how to make it work for us, but this can be true for any new software. A more thorough tutorial or very obvious recommendations to use the Help Center would have helped us at the beginning -- it took a bit of time for me to discover all of the great pages on the Help Center. There are some very specific features that would be useful to us that are not currently options: 1. An option to round-down instead of round-up in increments of time for time reports.
2. More user-friendly and intuitive customizing options for the templates, instead of relying on custom code to really change the appearance.
3. A pay roll feature to track pay days/periods and previous pay for employees, as an extension of time reports or time sheets.
4. The ability to manually edit the "Cost" sections on templates, after they have been automatically filled while adding from a project's tasks or time sheets.
5. Something to consider in the future is adding an entire new feature focused on the financial statements side of accounting. This would be very attractive since it would mean having nearly all of our business management happening in the same place.
We are still getting used to Paymo and all of its functions, so may have more feedback in the future!

van Paymo op 17-6-2020

Appreciate your thoughts, Kassidy!

Sorry to hear about the onboarding process, we do offer free sessions on-demand, so please write me at [email protected] to schedule one :)

Here's also a quick video tutorial about the new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

As for the feature requests, it's best to post/uvpote them on our community forum so they get more visibility: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Keep in touch,

• Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020
Mitch M.
Owner / Art Director
  • Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

"Best in the Biz (I think)"

Pluspunten: What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

Minpunten: My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Overwogen alternatieven: Duet, Basecamp, Wrike en Trello

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

van Paymo op 14-1-2020

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

• Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Software Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

"Awesome issue management software with good time tracking"

Opmerkingen: I would recommend this service to every middle sized company, which is looking for a good solid isseu tracking software.

Pluspunten: The time tracking and the desktop app for tracking are one of the best I've seen so far. This is one of the major point we choose this service of others.
The issue mgmt and reports are also quite handy.

Minpunten: The resource management could be improved and also some minor bugs.

Overwogen alternatieven: Jira

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: Bitrix was awful.

Overgestapt van: Bitrix24

van Paymo op 15-1-2020

Hey there,

Our team scheduler is our spear-of-attack so to say, hence it's being constantly updated.

Just recently, we've launched a remaining hours feature that allows you to see the available bookable hours at a project and user level in a simpler format: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3578183-view-at-a-glance-the-remaining-hours-at-a-project-and-user-level

Expect more updates in this direction, like the ability to directly book a resource from the full task details.

Cheers!

• Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Leonardo L.
Architect
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018

"Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs."

Opmerkingen: The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software:
- Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before.
- As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract.
- I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month.
- The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great.
- I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it.
- Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Pluspunten: I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons:
- The software has a very clean and intuitive interface
- One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results.
- Pricing system is fair and scalable.
- The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office.
- The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed.
- I am able to export all of the data in CSV format
- You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company.
- The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet.
- Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Minpunten: Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software.
- The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick.
- I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software.
- The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup.
- You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

van Paymo op 14-8-2018

Hi Leonardi,

You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries.

Data can be imported/exported by using our API.

You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

• Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018
Frank V.
Frank V.
Online Marketeer
  • Beoordeeld op 14-7-2019

"Constantly improving"

Opmerkingen: Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pluspunten: - Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

Minpunten: - Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Overwogen alternatieven: Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: Pricing and UX

van Paymo op 15-1-2020

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

• Beoordeeld op 14-7-2019
David R.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2020

"The best I've found for the my industry"

Opmerkingen: Excellent - great value for money, scalable if I need more users, and really easy to use.

Pluspunten: I've found that the user interface and features available in Paymo out perform other software available.

Minpunten: I did like that you can create online signed contracts on Bonsai - this was great for the design industry as I tend to have ongoing contracts with clients.

Overwogen alternatieven: Jira

Redenen om voor Paymo te kiezen: Features such as tasks just were not detailed enough for my liking.

Overgestapt van: Bonsai.io

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: Cost vs Features. I'm run a small company so need to keep cost as low as possible until I scale - Paymo is perfect as when I grow I can buy more users accounts.

Thank you, David!

Do you mind upvoting this feature suggestion about contracts on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/client-e-sign-contracts-and-agreements/221

Usually, the most upvoted ones get built.

• Beoordeeld op 3-5-2020
Luc C.
Luc C.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-6-2020

"Using it since 2016 and every update makes me happier"

Opmerkingen: It works, never failed me. Questions with support are always quickly answered and they're very helpful.

Pluspunten: I've been using this product since 2016 and did so in several ways. Every time an update is implemented it's surprises me on it's effectiveness. It just keeps running smoother and smoother. Besides that the tools in the app are nicely designed an clearly structured i like the (multiple) supporting apps to track time very useful. Also nicely integrated with other apps through API. It's just a great product.

Minpunten: I'm finding more and more ways to implement other workflows in there. My Getting things done method and trello (kanban) are easy to implement. Maybe a notetaking system to implement Zettelkasten (knowledgebase) in there aswell.

van Paymo op 18-6-2020

Thank you, Luc, for your kind words :)

Please upvote this feature request on notes on our community forum to get more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/wiki-or-notes-for-each-project/722

Liviu B.
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

"Best Project Management Solution"

Opmerkingen: It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

Pluspunten: In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

Minpunten: There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Overwogen alternatieven: monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Paymo: It has better features that help our business.

van Paymo op 14-1-2020

Hi Liviu,

Kudos for your trust in us :)

Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light?

I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019